Rooms To Go Logo

3.2

LAST UPDATED: March 1st, 2024

Rooms to Go was founded in 1990, and is currently the third largest furniture retailer in the United States. The company features a number of celebrity collections, including from the likes of Cindy Crawford, JuIianne Hough, Sofia Vergara, and Eric Church. In 2020, Rooms To Go was named the top furniture retailer in overall customer service rating.

The Good

• Furniture Catalog
  • Extended Warranty
  • Rooms To Go Coupon App
  • Card Member Promotions

Furniture Catalog

Rooms To Go sports a robust furniture inventory covering the following areas of the house:

• Living Room Furniture — living rooms sets, bonded leather sets, couch/sofa and sectional sets, ottomans, recliners, loveseat sets, home entertainment, tables and chairs, coffee table sets, etc.
  • Bedroom Furniture — bedroom set, daybeds, bunk bed, dressers, mirrors, nightstands, chests, bedding, headboards, etc.
  • Dining Room — dining room sets, table and chair sets, barstools, china cabinets, bar carts, etc.
  • Home Decor — accent pillows, rugs, lighting, book cases, home office furniture, desk chair sets, etc.
  • Kids and Teens — girls' room, boys' room, nursery, teens room, playroom furniture, etc.
  • Mattresses — bed frame sets, Beautyrest, Serta, Purple, Casper, Beds To Go, and more

Extended Warranty

Rooms To Go offers customer its Guard It Residential Furniture Protection Plan, good for three years. This protection plan covers qualifying purchases against a number of breakdowns, stains, and other damages:

• Cracking/peeling of finish
  • Warping of frame and frame components
  • Breaking/bending of mechanisms, springs, and coils
  • Failure of electrical components
  • Stains from food, beverages, nail polish, or pen ink
  • Punctures, cuts, or rips
  • Chipping/gouging to wood and other hard services
  • Glass/mirror breakage (does not include light bulbs)
  • Minor burn marks
  • Liquid marks or rings
  • Heat and burn marks on solid wood
  • One-time breakage of umbrella or umbrella mechanism

Some caveats to this service contract include the long list of exceptions (a.k.a "What's Not Covered") as well as the obligation on the customer's part to file a claim within 30 days of the incident. If customers have any specific questions about the the extended service agreement, they're encouraged to consult the contract directly.

Rooms To Go Coupon App

The Rooms To Go Coupon App (available for download for both Apple and Android devices) allows customers to shop directly from their phones, find coupons to maximize their savings, and locate a store near them. Coupons apply to all Rooms To Go, Rooms To Go Kids, and Rooms To Go Outlet Stores.

Card Member Promotions

For Rooms To Go credit card holders, the company offers a number of promotional programs. These include, but are not limited to no-interest financing for up to 50 months, and free shipping on select items.

The Bad

• Limited Service Area
  • 48-Hour Return Policy
  • No Kitchen or Bathroom Sets
  • High APR for Rooms To Go Credit Card

Limited Service Area

Rooms To Go employs more than 7,500 specialists across 11 states and territories:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Tennessee
  • Puerto Rico

Rooms To Go also fulfills deliveries to Kentucky, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Washington, D.C., along with some international locations.

While the company boasts scores of showrooms across the southern United States, it may find itself at a disadvantage to furniture stores that have successfully achieved a national (or in some cases, international) presence. Promoting verified Rooms To Go reviews may help the company showcase its exemplary customer service and stand out in the crowd.

48-Hour Return Policy

Rooms To Go has a fairly stringent return policy, that prevents the return of a furniture item more than 48 hours following its delivery. Furthermore, while customers who successfully return their items within that window will be refunded for the retail purchase price, they will not be refunded the delivery charge. Additionally, the return of some items may incur a hefty restocking fee of up to $199. In short, unless the product arrives with a defect or damage covered by the extended warranty, customers only have two days to decide if they want to keep it; otherwise, they are stuck with their purchase.

No Kitchen or Bathroom Sets

Rooms To Go only features furniture sets for the living room, dining room, and bedroom. Customers interested in finding pieces specifically for their kitchen or bathroom may want to look elsewhere.

High APR for Rooms To Go Credit Card

While Rooms To Go card members may enjoy a number of perks and incentives with their membership, new applicants should be cautious of the high APR rate that comes with the card itself: 29.99 percent. While retail credit cards tend to carry high interest rates as a whole (with several reaching up to 25.99 APR), the Rooms To Go store card exhibits one of the highest rates in the industry. Even with an on-time credit card payment history, customers may find themselves paying considerable amounts of interest.

The Bottom Line

Rooms To Go offers a solid line of living room, bedroom, and dining room furniture fit for any home and any layout. It's extended service agreement supplies three years of protection for qualifying claims, and loyalty card members are entitled to a number of in-store perks. That said, card members should also be aware of the incredibly high interest associated with the store card. Customers should also be aware of the store's limited and costly return policy when buying from Rooms to Go.

2.0

Josh Aberman Pompano Beach, FL

Great service when selling you the product but absolutely horrible in resolving problems with the furniture after the fact. i am going to post an email that we we were instructed to write to [email protected] as well as [email protected]. The lack of resolution has gotten so bad that we have had to engage the better business bureau. i will tell you do not buy their TEAK Furniture as they do not treat it and it will develop significant mold even if it is not directly exposed to the elements. Please see the email chain below and posted photos. To whom it may concern: I have to make a formal complaint regarding the above referenced order number….. I purchased the furniture on 5/29/2023. I took delivery of the furniture sometime in July or August. The furniture was delivered inside my house, and we were unable to put it outside until our outdoor construction was complete. We ended up finishing the construction around the first week of December and move the furniture outside under a covered structure in the second week of December. Within a month of being outside (with zero direct exposure to rain or sunlight) the furniture started to develop mold across the teak. We have other teak furniture under the same structure and the only furniture that developed mold was the furniture I purchased from Rooms to Go. We reached out to Rooms To Go Customer Care, and they sent a gentleman to my house to “treat” the furniture. This gentleman told my wife that the furniture “should not” be developing mold like this and he was unable to clean it off. Since his visit (less than a week ago) the mold has gotten much worse. I reached out to Rooms To Go again today to see what the “status” was, and they told me that the mold was “normal”, and I should consistently treat the furniture with a mixture of bleach and water. I cannot imagine how the mold development on the Rooms To Go furniture is normal when the other teak furniture outside has not developed any signs of mold. I also cannot imagine how the development of mold is normal when the Rooms To Go Repair Man told my wife that this should not be happening to our furniture. I am also blown away that the “normal development of mold” was not communicated to me by the salesperson or store at the time of purchase (or we never would have purchased the furniture). We bought the most expensive patio set in the store and within a month of it being in its “designed” location it is developing mold. My wife who suffers from a few health issues will not sit on or use the furniture for fear of how it can affect her and when I call “customer service” the response I get is “that is normal, clean it consistently with 50% water and 50% bleach”. This is new furniture, and this should not be happening. I am so incredibly disappointed with the lack of concern and the immediate dismissal of my issues. My wife and I originally choose furniture from Crate and Barrel and choose to go with Rooms To Go because of the warranty and look at where it got me. This is not the level of service I would expect from Rooms To Go. We have since filed a claim with the better business bureau

davina nixon Melbourne, FL

Rooms To Go Rooms To Go Furniture Store - Melbourne I got a bed with rooms to go in June. From the first week I told them the bed was not functioning properly. The base and the mattress are incompatible. I have been forced to keep this merchandise in my home impeding me from finishing my room because they refuse to pick it up. They have made me jump through hoops missing work or arranging for people to be home and even after their inspector agreed the 2 are incompatible and reported to them weeks ago they refuse to return it. They don’t answer the phone to me and have told me they have no return policy. I signed up for assurance now which is a financing thing where you pay month to month and on the contract it says that it is essentially renting the merchandise on a monthly basis and if you don’t pay they will pick it up. They are refusing to be compliant with the contract and just keep moving my due date out so that I don’t have a payment due. BUT also refuse to pick it up.. reporting to me it’s not fair that they have to pay for it either (when they are going to sell it to rent a center and they will sell the pieces for them) I want the furniture removed from my home and I will NEVER buy from rooms to go again after this nightmare.. can anyone offer advise? They called me today after I called and complained that they hadn’t called since the inspection and customer service reports they were calling to set up a exchange of merchandise.. why? What part of I don’t want it is not understood.. someone please help. I am also sending this complaint to the better business bureau as well. This is ridiculous how can someone force you too keep something you don’t want because they sold you the wrong thing and literally just bluntly refuse to remove it from your home?

Jonathan S Venice, FL

Was hopeful Rooms to Go might actually deliver… but in a shock to no one that’s not the case. Delivery not complete, items missing from delivery - then hassle from them when trying to get what we paid for and what we paid a delivery fee for. If you actually want to get what you pay for, you’ll probably want to go to any of their competitors.

Denise Rae Delray Beach, FL

I’m disgusted with my purchase ~ their warranty is useless. their customer service is useless. 4K white leather sofa within 6m the end recliner collapsing and they said it’s from use. Really? I’m a 120lb woman that works all day. It’s not like I‘m sitting on this sofa all day. At most an hour in the morning. SMH 🤦‍♀️ with disgust! Don’t waste your money. I should have shopped at a more respectable store.

kIMBERLEY Dials

Totally Disgusted...again I have talked to several customer service employees, who assured me that would escalate my bed situation. Well another week and still no bed. At this point, I am totally disgusted and all I want is for RTG to send someone out to fix my adjustable base to fit my bed correctly. I just don't understand why this is so hard to get done. The delivery people who came out when I was not home said the room was not ready that is totally not true if that was the case why did they set up the bed frame but did not put the base on? I need RTG to get a tech out to fix my bed and I want compensation more then the delivery fee refunded. This had been nothing but aggravation and stress unnecessarily. I could get a refund but I went through the trouble of picking this particular set for my paint and floors I picked so returning is not an options for me. Any advise from lawyers, negotiators, or mediators, I am open for suggestions at this point? Again RTG what are you going to do to make this right?

Monique D Douglasville, GA

I am extremely upset and disappointed in Rooms To Go customer service. I purchased a desk for $1738 with tax. The delivery crew delivered it and it was damaged. They said np will replace the top of the desk. They sent another crew for the 2nd time time to replace the top and they couldn't get the top off and said I will need to replace the entire desk. The 3rd time the crew sent out replaced the entire desk but guess what it was damaged AGAIN. They called and said we will get another replacement to you. This time #4 they came and the replacement was one I would live with, it had a minor scratch in the middle but much better than all the ones we had but guess what this crew could not disassemble the desk like crew #2 to do the replacement. OMG I am so frustrated at this point so thry couldn't do the exchange. Then they called to tell me the item is out of stock and there's nothing they can do but return it. AFTER 2 MONTHS OF FRUSTRATION WITH THIS COMPANY AND SPENDING ALMOST $20,000 IN FURNITURE I WILL NEVER PURCHASE FTOM THEM AGAIN. FIND ANOTHER FURNITURE STORE. ROOMS TO GO IS AWFUL.

J.D. Sutton Spring City, TN

Went to rooms to go and purchased a couch that was to be delivered to my home. Got a call from the "Dont Care Center" a couple of days ahead of time that notified me that my couch was to arrive between 3:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. after waiting till about 7:30 and no one showed up we called the 1-800 number to inquire where our furniture was and the representative told us that the driver had made a note that he couldn't find our house and that he had no cell service to call us, (that part was an outright lie, it doesn't matter what carrier you have, you have cell service at our house) so I asked if the couch would be delivered the next day and was told no because they only come to our area every so often and I would have to wait another 2 weeks to get my delivery. Since I got no satisfaction from the Don't Care Center I called and talked to management at the store in Knoxville where I bought it and got the same runaround. I'll know to shop local next time and not do business with these clowns.

marilyn Harlan Richmond, VA

We have two sofas we purchased 11 months ago at Rooms to go in Richmond Va. Due to the pandemic it seemed they had the fastest delivery time. They are falling apart after moderate use by two 60 year old adults. No one sleeps on them, jumps on them, we simply watch the news and some night time television on them. The fabric on the Cindy Crawford sofas is now scratchy and pilling badly. The cushions have lost shape. The frame is sagging on one of them. Feathers fly everywhere. (we specified we wanted fiber filled no feathers) I can not warn you strongly enough; do not buy sofas from this chain. The quality is subpar to say the least.

Kristy Wiland Universal City, TX

The sales people are fine. Their delivery service could not be worse! Initially I bought a dresser, nightstand, and lamp. My delivery date was 3 months later. They arrived 6 hours late. They were supposed to arrive between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM. Instead, they show up at 8:00 PM. They had my dresser. They had my nightstand. But no lamp! The guy assured me they would have someone bring it the next day. With my dresser and nightstand, the handle were drilled into the inside. They were supposed to remove them, and install the handles on the outside...where normal handles are. This guy didn't do that. He also left my dresser 4 inches from the wall. That was easy enough to push back. But I can't install handles on my own! When I call the call center, they said they'd have someone out there that day. No one showed up. I called. They said they'd have someone with the lamp and to fix the handles the next day. No one came, and I called to confirm ETA. The woman I spoke with said no one spoke with me yesterday, which is false. The best she could do is have someone deliver the lamp in 9 days. 9 days! So, today someone did deliver the lamp. All he did was drop it off. He didn't unpack or install it. I had no chance to check and make sure the lamp actually worked. And guess what! It doesn't! The knob to turn it off is missing. I can only turn it off by unplugging it. And, of course, the service center is closed. I called the sales store. A kind woman said that she will look into getting a new lamp delivered. I have to wait 2 more weeks to actually get someone to fix the handles! When I pointed out that I bought this stuff in March, and it's now July, the call center woman said they had other orders to process. So, if you like waiting about 4 months for your stuff, use them! If you like making multiple calls to a non-helpful service center, use them! If you like having delivery people in your home because you're lonely, use them! If you except your stuff to be delivered at one time, promptly, and in working order: run!

Patrick L Sugrue Ooltewah, TN

We were sold an extended warrantee for sofa / love seat then reviewed the company that's supposed to provide the service and almost every review was a 1 star, 100's of one star reviews that said the warrantee was worthless. We ordered some tables that were to be delivered 10 days ago so was held hostage late afternoon till 10pm and finally get a call says they will have to reschedule the delivery. 7 days later today I'm supposed to be the 1st delivery 7am-11am. I get a call at 6:40am and told they're having truck problems but we'll be the 1st delivery. I stay home all day it is now 2PM I start calling customer-no service at 12:00 when they are already 1 hour late on hold for 30 minutes so I use their automated call back system 2 hours later no call back. I call the local store where I bought the furniture and talk to a sales person, because any customer service goes to a distant call center so I talk to a sales rep. She tells me yes there is a truck problem and we have to reschedule again. WTF RTG no one calls me so I've been sitting here since 7am had to miss my grandsons games and to find out they never planned on delivering the furniture and no one bothered to call and tell me. I'm very disappointed with RTG and will not buy from them again.

Raeleen Clark West Palm Beach, FL

Purchased supposedly a leather sectional reclining sofa for over $4,000 and the head rest is pealing after 8 months of use. They will not replace. We purchased a leather sectional reclining sofa and spent $4,000. Upon delivery, head rest had seam coming out so they replaced it. The same head rest after 8 months of use is pealing/discolored. The repairman said it should not happen and said we'd receive a new one. After no communication, we reached out to find that they denied the manufacturer warranty and said it was normal wear and tear. How can an 8 month old "leather" sofa have pealing/discoloration? The extended warranty does not cover this due to it being less than a year old. My husband spoke to the manager of the store and the manager stated that it could be hair products that caused this. Really? First of all, this is my husband's chair and he does not use products in his hair. We are finding that no one wants to assist. A leather sofa should not have these issues after 8 months of use. Customer service is not satisfactory.

Ed Bice Abingdon, VA

I accept the blame for this one. I did not investigate R2G before my purchase. After investigation, I found that 72% of online reviews are 1 star. Many of the reviews report massive delays, broken furniture, receiving refurbished (rather than new) products, a lack of response from the company, and poor interactions with the Customer Service Department. I had my own experience yesterday. After an extended wait for delivery, the day finally arrived. The delivery time given was 6 pm to 10 pm. I thought it was odd, but we wanted our furniture. When the time frame changed to 11:30 pm to 12 am, I tried to call Customer Service. After waiting on hold for over an hour, the first-line representative offered nothing. When I spoke with the "supervisor" (Carlos C.) I wrong concerning the delivery time (even though it was from the R2G tracking information). He stopped short of calling me a liar, but the insinuation was clear. He offered no help (no additional tracking information, no solutions, not "I'm sorry," no "midnight is an unacceptable delivery time," nothing). He refused to allow me to speak with his supervisor, first telling me he had no supervisor. After I pressed (so, you are the CEO?), he informed me his supervisor would not talk with customers. I hung up with no solution, only wasted time and energy. Finally, the delivery truck driver called, stating the delivery would arrive the next morning. The next day, when our delivery window was passed, I called Customer Service. I waited for over 30 minutes to be told our delivery had been canceled because the furniture was not on the truck. It was backordered (even though we decided to purchase based on the fact the website indicated the item was in stock) and would not be available for another 5 weeks. Note, I had to make the call to learn this information. I was transferred to another department to cancel the order and obtain a refund (another 30 minute hold time). I explained the entire saga and asked for the order to be canceled and for a refund. I was told I was wrong; the sofa was on the truck for delivery. After arguing for an extended period, the representative checked the files and found I was correct. Then she told me I could not obtain a refund because "the computer was locked because it thought my furniture was on the truck." I explained that computers do not think. They do what people program them to do and whoever needed to fix the situation needed to do it immediately. She protested for several minutes and then placed me on hold. The refund was granted (even though they "can't."). I called again today (40-minute wait) to confirm because I do not believe anything a representative tells me. Please save yourself the trouble and do not purchase furniture from R2G. They offer no solutions to issues, the company consistently over promises and under delivers, their communication and customer service is basically nonexistent, and it is apparent that customer satisfaction is of no concern.

Niloofar Hubrich ,

I would give them 10 negative stars if that was available. THE ABSOLUTE WORST purchase experience we have ever had. Don’t take my word for it, just go and read reviews across the internet about them. I won’t make this long. They never called me to give me a delivery window ahead of time OR give me information on how I could get that on my own.. They show up the day of at 8:00am and since we had not moved to the house yet, no one was there. When they called me I begged them to leave the two stools on the porch and that I was 10 minutes away; she said the driver will not leave it. I spend two days, 6 calls trying to go and get them myself. The first 5 people told me that as soon as it’s back in the warehouse, they will be able to reschedule delivery or make arrangements to pick it up. The 6th call I was told the stools had been given to another person that was waiting on them and mine would be available in 3 months because it’s on back order. She told me this in fact is their policy and that they do not hold merchandise for people. No matter what I did to make her understand the situation, she didn’t want to hear it. I spoke to the “manager” at the store (I don’t believe he was actually the manager. I think she just put someone on just to get rid of me). He could not explain why the first 5 people I talked to, did not tell me about this strange and bizarre policy. Just told me I either wait or I can have my money back. SO I did a little looking and strangely, other people have had a very similar situation which makes me think they are running some kind of scam or just something is fishy. How can someone miss their delivery and you don’t give them a window to come and get the item before you just give it away. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Silvia Miami, FL

We bought a set of two couches online on June 21th. They didn’t arrive until July 28th. The loveseat came with a broken console. We were not going to accept the couches because that one was broken but the delivery man told us that the problem that the couch had could be fixed by a technician in a few days easily. So we decided to stay with the couches and call Rooms to go to let them know that we needed a technician. The technician came a moth later, on august 28th, he told us that he couldn’t fix it because he needed to order a new piece. On September 15th we called Rooms to Go again because the piece had not arrived. They told us that they had ordered it from the manufacturer and it would take 3 months to arrive or they could send us another couch. So we scheduled for the couch to be replaced. On September 22nd they brought us a couch that was not new in a box. We did not accept the replacement because it is not okay to be sent a couch out of the box, it could be used or damaged, especially during a pandemic, it is very unsanitary. We called Rooms to Go that same day, asking them for a new couch on a box. They told us that the set was discontinued. Then we asked to order the piece, even if it took 3 months. Turns that they could not get the piece at all. Apparently we were lied to before, the piece wouldn’t have arrived at all. We asked to return the set. We were told no. Our only options were to get the credit of money we spent and get another set or to stay with the broken set and loose the warranty. Getting another set now would be more expensive and we would need to pay the difference and we don’t even like them. In conclusion, the service is HORRIBLE. It’s a very long wait to get the product, the technician, the representative on the phone. The employees lie to you. Rooms to Go does not care about its customers. This company should be ashamed of the poor service it provides.

Melvin N Rodriguez Port Saint Lucie, FL

I called the local store to see what they could offer due to the unforseen 3 month wait on the furniture we ordered and they told me that they cancelled the order. We never requested the order to be cancelled. We are very unhappy with them at this point. Why would anyone cancel our order without us requesting that??? The rep at the store was very unprofessional. Her name is Collen and she was constantly talking over me and kept stating how my husband did cancel the order. I am very much aware he didn't call and he stated himself he never called so she states that couldn't be true. She basically called my husband a lier. I even checked the oh be records to see if my husband call and there was no outgoing or incoming call to or from them except for a msg they left a week prior. Colleen stated that she had just spoken to my husband this past Wednesday but it isn't true. I can't believe these are the type of people you have working for the company.

Clark Garrett Pass Christian, MS

I purchased a leather sofa that was quite comfy in the showroom. The sofa delivered is so hard, I cant sit on it without getting sore. I knew immediately this would was a problem. Right away I called customer serve but it was Friday evening and they were closed for the weekend. Monday, customer service assured me that I could go to the showroom and choose an exchange,if they didn't have what I liked, they could check with various manufactures. When I went to the show room, the sales reps did not check with manufactures about anything. I asked for a refund and was told to check with customer service. Customer service told me it was up to the store manager. This went on for two weeks - the manager wasn't in, he would call back, etc. Today I finally talked to him and and it is too late for a refund, but I can come and chose anything I like. He give me 30 days to do that. There is absolutely nothing else I would like to exchange it for. Everything is either the wrong color, wrong style, etc. I was told the sofa needs some weight on it and it will take some time to break in. I am a small elderly person and cant live long enough to break this in. This is my forth leather sofa so purchase and Ive never had this problem.

Larry Farrell Durham, NC

We ordered 3 sets of bookcase shelves that were on sale for $200. Upon delivery we discovered that what we thought were shelves that we could assemble into a functional bookcase were just shelves - flat pieces of wood with no frame to assemble them on to. The sales person in the Raleigh, NC store did not tell us that the frame would cost an additional $100 and obviously did not order the frames. The store manager admitted their mistake but would nothing to rectify the matter except allow us to order the frames for an additional $300 and wait 4 months until they were available. This is a stupid sales approach, as who would buy shelves separately from a frame to mount them on? If we knew from the start that the shelves would cost $300 each and not $200, we would not have wasted our time at Rooms to Go.

Catherine Mobile, AL

I'm from Mobile, Alabama. Purchased my mattress from RTG in Mobile, Al from the manager Nick who was very misleading. Nick/ Rooms To Go DOES NOT stand behind their word. I purchased Tempurpedic mattress and was very unhappy with the mattress ($2,400 mattress) and the service but I was told if this was not the mattress for me I could easily exchange it. Nick(Manager) was very rude and refuse to help me with my problem. I am still paying for a mattress that I do not get a good night sleep on!!! I have been trying since October 2019 to get RTG to help me in some way and they refuse. They sent technician out twice he could barely get up and down hasseling for breath, he did nothing to solve my problem. I will never shop there again and I want people to know that what you are dealing with. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

William Scalzo Killeen, TX

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS OPERATION! They screw you over royal with poor delivery! I spent over $5K for mattress/base units, they send text showing delivery 7AM to 11AM 06/12. Then get a call from a computer saying exact same thing. Then, 10:30AM 06/12 a rude unfriendly male calls telling me delivery is now 12PM to 4PM...no reason why change. Then get a text at 2PM saying delivery is between 11AM and 3PM with a tracking link. Hit track link it shows delivery vehicle in a city 2 hours away with delivery between 6:20 and 6:50 PM. This is complete incompetence! Try calling customer disservice and they keep you on hold, never answering knowing you will get pissed and hang up. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CHEATING OUTFIT!!! Just a little more follow up on this company...if you are concerned about Covid and possible transmission you may not want to get any delivery from them. Just had 2 individuals deliver product, NO MASKS, no protective foot covers. Showed zero concern that anything out of ordinary was afoot. As a senior in the supposed risk category I would think this company would show some concern. They sure do in their stores, but hey, those are high profile so it looks good there. Apparently not so much with delivery folks. Be warned...

Mary Nicolini Sarasota, FL

Where do I start. First I ordered a table only to find out just shy of a year old that it was a piece of junk. Basically balsa wood. I ordered another table. When they were unwrapping it, it was falling apart as they took off the blankets. Told them to take it back along with the other table. They came and got the table after waiting all day. I would get a call two days before that said delivery was 8-12. About a half hour later, I would get a text changing the time. An hour later changing the time. Every time I would call up customer service and wait on hold anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour. I had to call probably 5 times, until my blood pressure was so high I decided it wasn’t worth it. Got written up at work because it sounds like a lie when you keep calling the boss saying that oh it’s going to be later. The point came that I had to take the day, only to find out the 2nd table was garbage too. Now I have another table coming. I guess I’m a glutton for Rooms to Go punishment. I got my call and text that says 10-2. Called customer service and spend 34 minutes on hold, just ot be told, “we can’t control the delivery times” Oh well, can you call the delivery people and tell them this is important and what happened. Nope can’t call them. So I call the home office. I speak to the operator and tell her part of the story which she was not interested in hearing but I wanted to talk to the CEO’s secretary to explain my problem and let them know this is a systemic problem. She put me on hold making me think that I would be switched to the CEO’s offfice. I figured out after a few minutes that she switched me to customer service. I called back. Same lady answered. I asked why she just put me back to customer service.. She said to me that she only has the option to switch to customer service, however she is the operator for the home office. I guess if a company calls and wants to buy bulk furniture they get switched to customer service. I guess if the CEO’s person he’s been waiting to call him back, gets switched to customer service. I have furnished about 4 houses with Rooms to Go furniture. I’ve noticed that it has gone downhill significantly. The quality of furniture has become so poorly made and downright cheap, I compare it to discount stores such as Target or Walmart. You know you’re getting cheap furniture there. But when you give thousands of dollars to get junk, that’s a different story. I now have a delivery time on Friday from 10-2. They are picking up the bottom half of the Balsa wood table they forgot and delivering the new table. Mind you this is the third table. Let’s see what happens with this one. I told them I cannot wait all day and do this again with them. I don’t have the luxury. People are not doing well financially to take off all day for other people that are getting paid and pushing your time back without any consideration for your time and income. I do need to give kudos to Brian the manager at the Sarasota Fl store. He made the exchange very well and was very nice about it. It’s not his fault. Buyer beware. Rooms to Go has gotten cheap furniture now that is poorly made and overpriced. I think I saw my table in Big Lots but can’t be sure. After this purchase I will be cutting up Rooms to Go credit card and taking one with American Signature Furniture which I know is solid. I’ve had their furniture since 2012 and it’s still solid as a rock. It’s a shame that buying a piece of furniture has to be so stressful. It is not a good experience to go through the delivery part of the purchase. I have found lies after lies. It gets to the point, after holding half a day, that you start just about yelling at them on customer service line. You have to be careful and mind your P’s and Q’s because they have the power and just hang up on you. You have to call back and hold for another hour. Revel in power and control.

Marquis Lewis Montgomery, AL

Worst purchase ever. Purchased furniture from Rooms to Go in Montgomery, AL. Purchased furniture during a promotional offer which I was told it was 0% interest for 6 months by the sales representative & management, when actually it was 0% Interest “deferred” for 6 months. Which I found out after trying to pay the amount in full that is listed on my account online that they charge the interest up front if you don’t pay it off in the 6 months time frame. They switched the statements after sending me an initial statement stating the terms the Representative who sold me the furniture stated. I recommend please read the fine fine very small print. They hit me for over $600 in interest and I was only one month off from paying the full amount. I called the customer service line and with the supervisor on 3 way from the store so they could here the deceptive tactics they used to swindle me out of my money. I wouldn’t have agreed to the contract knowing the interest was 34.99% after the “0 for 6 months no interest “ as I was told in the first place. This company takes advantage of those who have fair credit and in need of furniture. This company not only did that, but in the mist of the epidemic that has hit our country unexpectedly doesn’t care about still putting hard earnest working consumers in further debt. Debt that is more than half of the original amount financed. I recommend reading the fine print! They are non-negotiable and greedy! I asked the representative what the company was doing for those in the mist of the epidemic and she told me that they were only deferring the payments for this month putting it on the back end and still charging compound interest on top of the deferred interest which was the 6 months interest plus monthly still outside of the promotion offer. It wasn’t a deal it was a scam! I was so disgusted with the tactics used being a sales representative myself. I believe in giving people the information and allowing them to choose so there want be any remorse. I feel sorry for those who currently are still financing with this company or even planning on purchasing from Rooms to Go in the future. They discriminate with interest rates and trap you into compound interest contracts. There is no deal or empathy for the consumer. I wish I would’ve researched the finance company ahead of time. I would never ever recommend this finance company or rooms to go to anyone. STAY AWAY FROM ROOMS TO GO & ESPECIALLY TIDEWATER FINANCE!

Brittney San Antonio, TX

If I could give this company a zero star rating I would based off of their customer service. about a year and a half ago we purchased a $3000 sectional we bought the protection plan as it was a huge investment for us. after a year and a half the cushions went bad. They hurt our back and when we sit we can feel the frame we called the warranty. They sent a tech out to “fluff” and rotate our pillows. Which I had done several times. I even showed the tech after he “fluffed” the cushions that we still bottom out and touch the frame. The tech said we should request a replacement that’s comparable . We called after we hadn’t heard back from the warranty company only to find out that he “fixed” the problem that our cushions aren’t covered unless they were stained or accidentally cut. That we can’t asked for a comparable couch under our extended warranty So we wasted our time and money on a expensive couch for it to hurt our backs after a year and a half of ownership. They do not take care of their customers. Don’t waste your money on this company or a warranty as they won’t take care if you.

Irina Whitnah Alpharetta, GA

Very negative! I purchased furniture (Server) in Rooms to Go in November 2019. They promised to deliver on Dec 31st. I was surprised why it should take too long. But agreed. On Dec 31st they delivered the Server, but it was damaged. So, I didnt accept this, and sent it back to the store. They called me and rescheduled delivery to Jan 11. However, nobody showed up on that day. I send two emails to customer service. But I have never received any feedback. I decided to call. The customer service was horrible, they even didnt apologized. Eventually I canceled the order and requested refund. They accepted and promised that I will receive my money back. Well, one week gone... I checked my account, there is no money. I am going to the store tomorrow to talk with someone in the store. This is horrible customer service!!! I dont understand why I have to beg to get my money back? The have to do it immediately after cancellation. If you want to pay for nothing, and then fight to get your money back, go to Rooms to Go. I will never buy anything in this store. Thank you.

Cindy Cloutier Murfreesboro, TN

I bought a $300 Futon. It came, I put the frame together. Then took the mattress out of the plastic and discovered the crappiest sewing job I have ever seen (see photos) to close the open end if the mattress cover. Called customer service to get some money back, all they could do was give me half the delivery fee back ($40). When I asked to get a refund and return the futon, they transferred me to the Murfreesboro store. The store would only give the delivery charge back ($80). When I asked them to give me a refund and take the futon back, they told me I have to talk to customer service. They were just circle jerking me around and did not want to take responsibility for the poor product. I even sent them photos of the crappy sewing job on the mattress. I'm keep the thing an putting it in my garage and writing reviews on my experience everywhere I can. BTW: Futon and mattress manufactured in Mississippi. Not sure how the work passed QA or went by any other workers without getting tossed in the reject pile. So much for buying American. Never shopping at Rooms To Go ever again.

Ruth B Whisler Denton, TX

I bought a Serta King mattresss which after two months of use, it sunk with just me laying on it. I was able to exchange it for a Beautyrest, which the salesman said was better. I paid 1578.26 for the Serta then was charged an additional $210.77 for the replacement. Now after just a month and a half, the Beautyrest has sunk. I am not going to get a replacement mattress from them but now going to go to Arbitration for a full refund and attorney fees. Buyer beware! They also tried to charge me $100 for restocking fee to restock a defective mattress, but changed their minds when I was verbal about how wrong that is. I hope other prospective buyers heard me in the store and walked out.

Daniella Miami, FL

Horrible horrible business practices. Purchased two couch and two chairs. Chairs were falsely advertise in the photo with an unnnacurate measure and the seat of the chair is for a child, not an adult, and only cake up the the shin only my leg, and I’m short. Arrived on a Thursday and did not even open second chair. Called to return and noticed legs were missing from couches. They told me to check and see if couch legs were zippered in on the Following Monday. Called back in Monday to set up the return and they said they wouldn’t take the return because it was out of the 48 hours. The weekend? What lunacy. So now I have two chairs that are for children that I cannot even use. Called to complain and manager still would not do the return even though it was only the second business day. And even though it has the original box. Rooms to go does not care about their customers and that is evident. The manager would not even work with me over the phone after I described to him the problem in detail as a customer who spent over 5,000 last year with them they have completely lost my business over this . Maybe this is why the company is going broke and customers all over are buying elsewhere. Horrible scam artist company BEWARE. As a lawyer I will be filing my own lawsuit for the $400 I Just posted and they will not only have to pay the refund but they will also get lawsuit bill because they are about to lose.

RESHU BAGGA Leander, TX

There manager just came from nowhere and have no experience in helping their customers who are in trouble. Recieved a broken couch, hard couch, not the one we ordered, such a worst service. Their employees are not replacing the couch for 15 days. Once you made the purchase they treat you like trash. I have a two left arm sofa delivered by them sitting in the corner. So frustrated with the service of Todd their manager in cedar park branch. Rude and unhelpful. Will put bad reviews everywhere I can. They are not returning my couch. Also their sales guy Lied to us that the couch will be as fluffy and soft that's why we spent $2700 on couch,while Todd their manager says every couch will come like hard.

PAMELA ALBERT Melbourne, FL

We purchased a sectional couch from RTG 5 months ago. When we were tying to decide whether to make a several hundred dollar purchase, one of THE key selling points the salesperson stated to us was that they have a new warranty that covers pet accidents. We specifically asked about cat urine, due to having an elderly cat. He said "yes, it's completely covered. First Fortegra will come out and try to clean it, and if it's still an issue we will REPLACE THE PIECE". Fast forward to a month ago, when our elderly kitty decided she wasn't too happy with the new furniture, and let us know in her own smelly way. We contacted the store, and were told to set up a cleaning visit with Fortegra, which we did. They came out, cleaned the piece, and for about a day the odor was masked with cleaning solution smell. But being cat pee, the odor came back. So, I called the store manager and explained all of this. I not only got the runaround, but also the classic pass-the-buck to customer service. I called them. They said call the store- it's a store issue. Long story shorter, I spoke with about 7 different people, and got 7 different version of their "pet stain" coverage warranty. Evidently it's only a stain if you can see it. If you can smell it, it must not be stained, and they flat out refused to make good on their warranty, despite this being THE final selling point for this furniture. This company is a sham. They get your money, and then give you a complete runaround stating "we didn't hear the salesperson say it, so it might not have happened". One woman actually said to me "a stain is something you can see. An odor is something from an armpit." Real classy. Not only will I never set foot in that store again, but I will now make it my mission to share this information as often as I can so other people don't fall prey to their misinformation, false advertisement, and bogus warranty. Avoid this store at all costs!

Kim Ginzo Orlando, FL

I purchased a console table a few weeks ago from RTG. The below is my last email to them followed by a boring explanation on my end. Hope this helps someone! RTG Rep (name withheld), What a complete hassle. Regardless if this is a vendor or not, RTG should stand behind the products they sell. If I had ordered this from Target, Amazon, Walmart or Ikea, I could have drawn on it with crayon and would not have received this much trouble trying to exchange it. All I wanted was a functional console. I am not even asking for my money back. Just an exchange. I am not normally a confrontational person, but this is ridiculous! How do they not see where pre-drilled holes were supposed to be that aren’t there? And where a piece was completely missing? I only drilled the holes myself because I knew I could, and I was trying to avoid this situation right here! Had I known the issues were WAY deeper than pre-drilled holes, and I would get this much push-back from a “reputable” company, I would not have done so. How am I supposed to send an image of why the drawer doesn’t slide in? Can you send me an image of why this issue isn’t resolved yet? I don’t know why it doesn’t slide in. I just know it has nothing to do with the slides I drilled for. They can’t physically go up or down. It isn’t possible because they have a lip on them the sits on the bottom the drawer sides. I am sending images again for the third time and made them as simple to follow as possible. I even did a little 3D model. The quality is way below the work I normally put out when modeling millwork details and sections, but I just don’t feel like putting that much time into this. But I do have a few more images to send. The next images I send will be of me cutting up my RTG credit card. I don’t have my card on me at work so I will be sure to get those images to you first thing in the morning and you can close this ticket out. Congratulations! You just lost a card-carrying customer over a $170 console table. Apparently, I purchased this FROM a vendor even though I bought it ON the RTG website. It was delivered in a box. I have purchased furniture from RTG in the past and they have always delivered and installed. Maybe because this was a vendor, or it wasn't a big-ticket item, it was just drop-shipped to the front door. NBD, I have put together multiple pieces of furniture over the years and I don’t mind it. I work on the table and all goes fine until I get to the drawers. The holes in the drawer sides were not pre-drilled as they are supposed to be. I put it aside and sent an email to RTG to explain my issue. I knew if I drilled the holes, I would likely void the warranty, so I had to just let it sit in pieces. That was Thursday evening. Friday, I didn't hear a peep back and by Sunday I was just frustrated with having this pile of unfinished furniture. I didn’t care about the warranty because I have never used a warranty on cheap furniture in the past. Drilling the holes is fool proof. They can only go in one place since the slide is the exact width of the drawer side and there is a lip that sits flush to the bottom of the side so it can't go up or down. I am not a dummy when it comes to millwork and casegoods, I know this stuff. One last punch to the gut, there are plastic inserts that hold the cam dowels and one was missing. At this point, I am just over it and want this thing done. I used epoxy putty to hold that dowel and it worked. But the drawer fronts are way too high. The slides on console sides were not in the right place. The holes (that WERE pre-drilled) were way off! I took the console apart and noticed the slides seemed just slightly bent. I drilled new holes in the console as low as I could to re-install the slides. I put everything back together and the right drawer goes in fine. The left drawer goes in but the front is still too high. It closes and opens only with force. It is clear that those slides were the defect. The next day, RTG has a rep get back to me. She asked me to send pictures (again). So, I sent them and explained that I ended up drilling the holes but this piece was still defective. The next day, I get an email stating that the vendor couldn't see the issue from the photos I sent. The images I sent could not have been clearer! At this point I am just defeated. RTG has broken me. So, I guess, congrats RTG? I can’t do this anymore. Had this been most other companies, they would have taken it back for the only reason that I was unsatisfied, regardless of the holes I drilled. Yes, the holes voided my warranty, but I was not disputing my warranty. I was saying this piece was defective from the start, I tried to rectify it to save us all some hassle, but unfortunately, it just didn’t work out. This was only 2 days since delivery. This pushback on their end = a complete breakup on mine. I sent the above referenced email WITH MORE pictures and copied any RTG customer email I could find. And that’s it folks. Hey RTG, Bye Felicia…

Sabrina Norcross, GA

My three year old Japanese Maple was destroyed during the delivery of my daughter's bedroom furniture. I followed all the steps to report the complaint submitting a statement accompanied by pictures of the damages. I received a call today and was informed that my claim would not be justified because the delivery men claim that they did not destroy the tree. Clearly, this is false! The tree was standing when they got there and was broken in half when they left. The boxes were unpacked within one foot of where the tree had stood. So the customer v. the delivery men results in the delivery men being assumed in the right and the customer in the wrong. Why would I report such a thing if it were not true. This LONG time Rooms To Go customer will never shop there again! P.S. It was advised that I should have been videoing the men at the time of delivery. So, heads up. Have your video camera out and recording during your next delivery!

Mahylen Round Rock, TX

I have been buying stuff from Rooms to go for more than 8 years, but this was my last time. We ordered a bedroom set( 1 queen bed, 1 nightstand, 2 lamps and 1 memory foam mattress, for a total of $ 2,419.30) when the delivery arrived , my husband asked them to take their shoes off ( the bedroom is at the second floor) they said “we have a policy of not take off our shoes “ so we asked them for cover shoes, they do not have cover shoes either. So against my husband I told them to go upstairs with the bed and other stuff, they did just the night table and other lighter stuff, and when we thought they were looking for a solution for the problem, they’d already left, leaving the heaviest part downstairs in the middle of my living room, without any explanation , they didn’t even say we’re leaving. My son called customer service, they said don’t worry we are going to send another drivers, that was 5 days ago, we are still waiting for them. Very disappointed.

Sherry Canton, GA

This company does not care about the customer. Missed call from driver at 8:44 am my window was 8am to noon called at 8:50 am was told I did not answer the door that is (because they never came) we will call you back when the driver can redeliver today, never happened. Call #2 we have not been able to reach the driver we will call you by 5:00 never happened. Call #3 4:50 pm. Driver already completed his route and items were returned, we can redeliver in 15 days . I said not acceptable well we can do 8 days but 1 of your items is on back order (1st time I hear this) I said not acceptable I need to speak to a manager. Manager says we can deliver in 5 days when I ask about item on backorder she says I was able to get it released? I feel like I was lied to all day and they had no desire to provide customer service. I guess I will see what happens with round 2, unhappy customer today!

Key Craddock Plano, TX

If you want to be lied to and taken advantage of with no sense of urgency to fix their issues, then this is the place for you. I will never shop here again. I purchased a bedroom set and mattress nothing turned out how it was suppose to, my bedroom set came scratched and my base that I was told would be massaging was the lower caliber that just raises. This is absolutely ridiculous. Then the financing I was told would be 88months was 30months. Called synchrony bank and they told me that was set by rooms to go and they can change if rooms to go called and let them know. I call to tell them and get the base switched as it is not what I was promised they tell me to spend another 1200 dollars for an upgraded base to get what I was already promised. They never called back about the financing either. I will never come back and if you want honest caring people do not buy from them. I will be contacting my attorney.

Kalii Roller Nolensville, TN

If I could give it less than 1 star I would. I just made my first purchase from Rooms to go and I will NEVER do it again and I would encourage anyone else to do the same. After waiting more than 3 weeks to get a delivery, they gave me a 2pm delivery time and started calling at 8:45am that they were on their way, arrived here at 9:05am. They called me and I said no one was available because we didn't know we had to be. They said our delivery window was from 10am - 2pm (which still made them an hour early) and that they would make another delivery and come back. They never did. When I called the customer service number, they told me they would figure out what was going on and get back to me - that was at 1:40pm, plenty of time in the day left for them to still come out. At 4:40, when I was done with meetings, I called again, spent over an hour on the phone only to be LIED to that they had come back at 10:15 and no one answered. Well, I got news for them, we have a ring doorbell and 2 security cameras in the front and two in the back, they never even DROVE BY let alone come to the door or try to reach anyone. They told me at this point the route was finished for the day and would have to be rescheduled and the earliest would be 2 weeks and that they would not refund any of the delivery fee as they do not see it as their error. When I asked to be transferred to the store to cancel my order, I was laughed at by the store manager! I will be sure to tell anyone who will listen about the horrible ways they treat their customers, the way they lie about everything and their clear lack of concern for losing business. I have always bought all my furniture from Ashley and never had this issue, only came to Rooms to go because we just really loved this bed but I will be sleeping on the floor for as long as I have to to find another bed anywhere else but there.

D.N. Simmons Davenport, FL

I had no idea what I was getting myself into with this company. First off, I don't understand why they claim they can deliver your furniture the next day. That has not been my experience. When I purchased my furniture, I was told the majority would come on the 6th of July, except the bed frame, headboard and footboard would come on the 23rd of July. My dining set would come on the 14th of August. Huge inconvenience, but one I was willing to work with because I really loved the items. Well, on the 6th (Sat), I receive a call from RTG telling me they loaded my items on the wrong truck and I had to call back on Monday to rearrange for my items to be delivered. So, I did and was told the earliest they could do it was the 17th of July. So, 11 days later from the original date because of their incompetence. So, the 17th comes, and I have my bedroom set minus the bedframe. On the 23rd, the bedframe comes, but only to discover the headboard was damaged and they needed to replace it. So, I had them bring in the other pieces while I wait another week for the new headboard. When it came, they began to put the bed together only to discover the rails were missing. So, again, I had to call RTG to arrange for rails. Another week later, they brought the rails only to discover they were damaged and needed to be replaced. I regret buying this bed and shopping at RTG. I'm so worried my dining room set will be messed up too and will be a whole new debacle trying to get that replaced. A part of me wants to cancel that order and go with someone else. I swear if it's damaged in any way, I will. So, now I'm waiting for them to deliver new rails so that my bed frame can be put together. I've never seen such bafoonery before with a furniture company. Never again will I shop at RTG, and I will never recommend them. If ppl ask me where I got my furniture, I will tell them but caution that if they shop there, it'll be at their own risk.

DAS Miami Beach, FL

Step 1: Arrive at Rooms To Go to purchase a bed Step 2: Purchase bed and schedule delivery date... several weeks ahead Step 3: Be informed that delivery would in fact have to be rescheduled, and proceed to wait another week Step 4: Have deliverymen promptly leave immediately after arriving on the listed date Step 5: Be placed on hold for hours to speak with a human being to, once again, reschedule delivery of a bed (that has already been paid for in full) In short, if you're hunting for furniture and interested in complementary incompetency, miscommunication and elevated blood pressure, then Rooms To Go is for you!

Sally Lawrenceville, GA

I had worst experience with Roomstogo.com after I ordered furniture worth over $4500. The price was good, but’s the problem happened when delivery people came and stole money from my purse. I had to call Police who found my purse Under the car in my garage, obviously one of the workers took my purse which I put on kitchen counter while I was answering questions from the other worker who was working in my bedroom to set up the bed. When police started asking them question they wrapped up and took everything, not finishing setting up the bed or dining table . I found out money was stolen from my purse as such I git police report and called Roomstogo.com customer service and talked to numerous people including Tiffany who told me they would be working on reimbursing me and call me back . However, no one ever called me back . I called three times to resolve this issue and they flatly said “no we are not going to do anything “ I never had this type of incident with any other furniture store who had hired bad delivery company. Roomstogo.com company should take responsibility and resolve this matter.

Matt Conroe, TX

Buyer beware. Furniture looks nice but is super cheaply made. I bought a power couch living room set and all couches and recliners started falling apart with 3 months. The metal framework of couch is paper thin and bends easily. Metal braces and bars should not bend just using 1 hand. Bolts shear off also. You go to store and they just give you the run around and customer service is a joke after you pay for the items. They sell you a stain warranty and tell you it’s a full warranty. Why would I purchase stain warranty on leather furniture. There solution was to tell me to find my own furniture repair shop.

Kim Henderson Apollo Beach, FL

My purchasing experience was fine until 3 men arrived in a penske rental truck to deliver the bedroom set and in the process damaged all pieces except the end tables and put a nasty scratch on my wood floors. Multiple emails and telephone calls and the elapse of over 3 weeks and I can't even get a supervisor to call me and each set of photos emailed to their customer care center is rejected for being too close, too far, too blurry. I am at the point they don't even bother with a new excuse. Wish I had not let these folks in my house. Shame on Rooms To Go as they used to be a nice company to work with.

Daniel C Tomball, TX

We went to Rooms To Go in Houston. After many hours of debating we finally found what we thought was the perfect fit. We customized our entire living room and kitchen to coordinate around their couch. We found several other pieces to complement the couch and choose a color scheme that would work with our house, style and the couch we loved. We painted, bought new accent pieces, artwork, furniture and everything to complete our dream living areas. Delivery day comes after all our hard work, the couch and other pieces arrive. The deliver men bring it in, damage our walls, they forget to deliver the rug and pillows, couch was damaged. We had to make several claims right from the start. The sectional came in three sections. Getting it replaced took several weeks. Then 2 months later it starts to fall apart. Mind you we don’t have kids. It’s just my partner and I. We call customer service which is a joke. They give you a run around. Then after serval attempts at reaching them the manager finally calls us back. They schedule for someone to come out and take a look at the damage. Another few weeks go by and the person comes to check out the damage. Low and behold it seems this model which just came out this year, is being discontinued due to manufacturer error and issues. They tell me that they cannot replace the couch with the same one and I have to go and pick out a new one. Then they tell me that I have to pay for the taxes again and they wouldn’t be reimbursing be for that. What?!? So another two weeks go by with us playing phone rage with customer service. We finally get someone to say we can get a full reimbursement. Now the fun part, we have to look for another couch that will fit not only our living room but the color scheme and style we worked so hard on coming up with and making happen. We spend more countless days, hours and weeks trying to find something that would work for us. We drove all over the greater Houston are trying to find something, anything. We have no luck. Either what we find is too big or two small. Doesn’t come in a color that goes with EVERYTHING we worked to coordinate. We find out that they will be replacing our model of couch with one very similar. The problem is no one has it in store. They don’t offer pictures to help you visualize it. There is one store that has it but it’s an hour and half way. So we decide to take the drive. We get there and they have it. It’s not the same but it just might work. The only problem is they don’t have fabric swatches so you can see the different options. Also this couch is more expensive. We eventually find another store another hour away that has a different color of this model but no swatches. So we drive out there. We decide to get it. Now we have to change so much with our color scheme because the options they have clash with everything else we have at home. Now this means we have to change the wall color, area rug, pillows, throws and accent pieces. An utter nightmare. So we get on the phone with customer service. Talk to managers. Talks to anyone that will hear us our. This whole nightmare is now going to cost us more money. We get them to give us a full reimbursement to use that money on whatever we want. They said we could keep the pillow and rug. We end up spending $200 more, set up for delivery which will take about another month. Finally delivery day is here. I had to move around my work schedule and take another personal day (which I only get 5 a year) just so I could be here during their 4 hour window. The delivery driver comes and is SO rude. He demands I give them back the pillows and rug they said I could keep. He was being loud and unacceptable the way he was speaking to me. He ends up just throwing the couch in the living room, scratches the wall (again), leaves plastic wrap and trash all over my house, yard and porch. Then refuses to give me my pillows that I paid extra for. On top of all of that the couch was delivered damaged AGAIN. I then spend over an hour on the phone with customer service. No one once apologizes for the way I was treated or the situation. Now they want to charge me an additional $80. I am beyond upset and angry with this company. Please whatever you do DO NOT give Rooms To Go your hard earned money. They don’t care about you. They care about your money. They make you feel at fault for everything, are unapologetic and disrespectful. Their customer service is a joke. Their management doesn’t care. I have never in all my years ever been treated like this by a company. It’s not like we are taking about a few dollars or a few hundred. I have given this company almost $4000 and invest countless days and weeks dealing with their problems. Racked up miles on my car. Not to mention all the extra money I had to invest into redoing my living room to have it coordinate with a new couch I had no choice but to replace because the product they would (and still are selling) is defective.

MARK Mobile, AL

A few years ago I bought theater seating from this company. I am a single guy and do not entertain. I figured although this companies furniture is low quality it should last for quite sometime since I am the only one that would use it. Boy was I ever wrong! First the woman at the store lied to me and sold me a warranty which was supposed to cover repairs. She sold me a stain warranty on pleather furniture. Why would I buy a stain warranty on something you can wipe off. In less than a year the pleather started deteriorating. This company replaced the center section, but the same issue began with this piece as well. Less than two years in and I stopped using this junk. Every time I sat down in and got up I had the brown pleather stuck to my skin. What worse this junk sat in the living room not used and the pleather was deteriorating on all the pieces. I kept it in the living room because every time I looked at it I saw 2,000 plus wasted dollars. Yesterday, I decided to drag this junk to the street in the middle of a tropical storm. I bought a King size bedroom set from this company too, the side rails started cracking after a couple months because of the poor wood product used. The company replaced one rail. I immediately reinforced with some oak boards. Fortunately I am still able to use the bedroom set. I will never buy anything from these bottom feeders again, and I suggest if this gets posted those reading will not buy this junk either. I am left with a 14-year-old quality recliner now, and it will likely last for many more years.

another bitter customer! Boynton Beach, FL

So sorry I gave money to this sleazy operation. i was very ill and i needed to finance new furniture after a cross country move and agreed to use them. i should have waited until i was making healthy decisions cuz using RTG was the worst decision i made! The sofa and chair are so saturated with VOCs the smell has been unbearable and i’ve tried all the housekeeping hacks to get them out! it is called new couch smell it means your house will smell like warm rot apparently for months i’ve put up with inhaling cheap furniture chemicals off-gassing for 3 whole months. just because you wanted to pay later doesn’t mean you should accept such garbage. Their high-pressure sales and warranty scams are unconscionable-telling you you won’t get a warranty on a bed without paying Hundreds extra for a slippery mattress pad ‘to honor your warranty.’ What warranty? There is nothing i can do except sell it cheap, swear at the loss every day and Promise the world i won’t let anyone shop there ever again! You deserve better for your money.

Donna F. Largo, FL

There was a 4th of July sale. I needed a bed and found exactly what I wanted. I changed the foot board, as I didn't like the floor model . Scott said it was not in their store, that it was in stock at a different store. It would take 45 days to get it. Ok, I agreed , not a huge concern. He wrote up the order and the bed went from $499.00 to $705.00. What!! I paid went to the car, and looked at the transaction. Scott put the bed rails, and foot board on two separate orders. Each one there was a warranty added. He just said it came with a warranty and I said that's good. He didn't tell me I had to purchase it. He charged me for another delivery fee for the foot board. Another fee for renting the temporary frame. Like it was my fault they didn't have the head board in stock. Needless to say, I immediately went in and cancelled the order. He asked me why and I told him I can't afford that price. He wasn't happy about it and went to the office to get help from the manager. She wasn't any nicer in this Clearwater Fl. store. I bought things from them before, but from now on I will go to a different location. Watch for the hidden fees they add to increase the price. Shady, to say the least.

Kevin North Alvarado, TX

Rooms to Go I am writing this so other potential customers think twice before purchasing anything from RTG. We purchased matching leather recliners and have had several issues. The first issue was a manufacturing defect recliner would not close. After waiting a month for them to come look at it ( they only come to my area 1 time a month) the tech said it would never close properly. The bar across the bottom was too long. Ok so they replaced it great right?? Nope the recliner they replaced it with is doing the same thing but they assured me it just needed “breaking in”. Ok so we tried it for a few months. Nope still doing the same thing. So I call schedule appt for them to come out. You guessed it have to wait a month. Tech comes out says I will be contacted 3-5 business days with decision. No response after 2 full weeks. I call only to be told they closed the ticket and are not doing anything about it. Wait what??? I tell them I want it fixed get someone else to come look at it. And so I wait another month. Remember they only come to my area 1 time a month. Tech comes out removes a spring and adjusts the mechanism. Same story 3-5 business days you will be notified. (Still too hard to close the recliner). You guessed it no call no letter NOTHING. That is top notch customer service right?? So I start calling again only to be told ticket is closed again there is nothing wrong with it. Wait if nothing is wrong why did the tech adjust the mechanism and remove a spring???? Clearly anybody can figure out that it is way to hard to close if he removed a spring and adjusted it. Why would you do that if nothing was wrong???? So final decision the tech removed that as a courtesy to me and it is a customer preference issue (why yes I do prefer to be able to close my recliner). I will never buy anything from Rooms To Go again and I will caution others as well. Sincerely, No longer a customer Amy North

Ashita Patel Irving, TX

First time shopping at rooms to go. Highly disappointed. First delivery I received way past my delivery time (was scheduled 7-3am and received around 8 pm). The delivery guys were dead tired and when they start taking down the furniture wow( my chest and dresser were opened -no box no covers) as soon as they got it out I see they’re all damaged and when I refused to take the delivery they’re trying to convince me to accept so rooms to go can replace the damage furniture in couple weeks. Needless to say I said no cause rooms to go customer service wasn’t available after hours for me to discuss the issue. Next day I called my salesperson day and explained the situation and asked if I could cancel the order because It came damaged and I didn’t wanted to wait another 2-3 weeks for next delivery and of course he kindly said we’ll charge you 20%cancellation fee because Within48 hours of sale is the cancellation period. And oh yeah he also said since they use third party delivery service they sometimes open the boxes in the truck to save the delivery time. Like WOW what an explanation. I again called customer service and explained if my furniture comes without boxes I will refuse. The rep typed all the notes on my account and next delivery was all fine. Again After two weeks here I am again waiting for my living/bedroom furniture time frame between 1-5pm and it’s about 7 pm still waiting. All I am told they’re running late and don’t have the definite time frame. Hoping my furniture gets delivered before midnight and in packages. Wasn’t aware rooms to go don’t deliver their own furniture. Please guys shop at local furniture store who doesn’t use third party delivery services for their product. At least you have a live person to talk to if you have issues. WILL NOT SHOP AT ROOMS TO GO AGAIN. Very frustrated. Keeping fingers crossed for my sofa and dining table for tonight. Hope it all comes in one piece

Troy Martin Raleigh, NC

Today I had the extreme displeasure of speaking with Joseph H manager store 1604 of Room To Go - 5900 Glenwood Ave Raleigh, NC 27612. Mr H, was extremely rude and unprofessional in dealing with my concern. When I asked for his regional managers contact information Mr. H stated he wasn't going to give to to me. At this I contacted the corporate office of Rooms To Go and they sent the Regional Manager for this store an email to contact me urgently. My concern now is not my delivery date but the manager of Room To Go Store 1604 located at 5900 Glenwood Ave Raleigh, NC 27612. Mr. H should not be managing a store where is is extremely rude to the very people who supply him a paycheck. Please choose Ashley Furniture, Haverty's or any other store that would consider it a pleasure to have your business.

Sarah Savannah, GA

Worst customer service ever! Delivery guys broke a light fixture and a lightbulb- they said they were going to handle it. I was called about the delivery and I told the lady about it and she said she would handle it. A week later I go into the store and submit an invoice for payment they acted like they were going to take care of it. A week later from that- still nothing so I called the store and Mary told me my claim was denied because I didn’t report it within 3 days! Said I wanted to speak to someone else- she said Ruth will contact me in 48 hours. 3 days later I get a letter on the mail and Ruth denied my $35 light fixture fix. Rooms to Go- YOUR PATHETIC!

ANGELINA JAROSLAVCKAJA

Bought a Power Leather Recliner and paid over $1,000. The Recliner came 2 weeks later but without the power cord (and without the cord the recliner wouldn't work) . Movers told me that someone would call me about missing cord. Three days later when no one called I called customers service myself and they send me the cord. It took them another week to deliver the cord. Once we received the cord it turned out that the reclining mechanism wasn't working. Called customer service again and was told that the technician will come to see what's going on. He will write a report and someone else in the department then will decide what to do about it. I told them that i already waited for almost a month and don't want to wait even more while they are deciding on the report. I ask if i can return the item since i haven't use it at all and was told No. After long conversation with customer service they finally told me that they will replace the recliner. However, the shipment will be in 4 weeks. It will be 2 months from the moment I bought the chair to the time I can use it. If i knew it will take THAT LONG i wouldn't buy it from Rooms To Go. As a matter of fact, we are moving to a bigger house and thought that we would buy more furniture from them but not after that experience. Very disappointed!

Jennifer Circosta Lebanon, TN

My experience with rooms to go has been horrific! The worst company ever! From the initial buying experience all the way to the delivery! If I could put a zero and 1,000 thumbs down for incredibly poor service, I would! In fact a delivery man just left my home and he was rude, inconsiderate and obnoxious! My furniture arrived dirty and not properly packed for protection. In fact, it arrived with no product protection at all. I noticed a dirt stain and when I expressed my frustration that this has been the 3rd delivery with product problems and asked him to take it back, he expressed no compassion, empathy or simple understanding for the frustion it is in having spent over $800 for a couch and ottoman that keeps arriving, (now for the 3rd time) dirty or not put together well. He proceeded to accused me of causing the dirt on the ottoman and when I asked him to take it back, requesting my original ottoman back, he completely ignored me, got back in his truck, cursed at me under his breath and drove off. I didn’t even sign any paper work! There is nothing to confirm proper delivery and satisfaction unless he forges my signature of approval and satisfaction, which FRAUD and ILLEGAL! I hope he gets fired and I will never ever shop at rooms to go again! I will write as many horrible reviews as I possibly can to deter other people from having this deeply hostile and inappropriate experience. And to top it off, I’ve complained several times about my dissatisfied experience, dirty products or products not put together well with no compensation or concern on their part. In fact, at this very moment I’m in the process of trying to contact rooms to go with my grievances, yet again and it’s now an about an hour of wait time to reach anyone. Absolutely terrible, horrible service, products and overall experience! Jennifer Circosta

Kerry Williams Lancaster, TX

Once I get this bill paid off!! I WILL NEVER BY # ELSE FROM THIS UNPROFESSIONAL UNCARING #!! COMPANY! My family has spent thousands of dollars with this place for YEARS!!!! Never Ever!!!!!! Have I been talked to by this need to be demoted or retrained man.. 1st I didn’t know y’all used 3rd party 2nd my packaged was dropped off no emails or nothing ! I’m thinking it was coming from rooms to go. I can’t even lift the boxes!! I asked could I pay for delivery so they could assemble.. his smart mouth # Just listen to the call that is it and all! # rooms to go! I will be making a review of how y’all allow your employees to talk to the customers.. Smart mouth #I just hung up on his # y’all even lied on what I just read about customer satisfaction .. If I get home and that #! not on my porch IM NOT PAYING FOR # !!! My house was broke into 2weeks moving in! That’s why I like to know when things will be delivered and by who so I can be there or have someone there.. Had I known I couldn’t have it assembled I would have picked something else... I didn’t read I’m not going to lie.. I just hit add to cart because my other bed came from y’all and a rooms to go truck came and they emailed and called for my appointment so I had been checking my emails waiting for a delivery date.. Only to get talked to CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!! If I could give a ZERO I would