Rooms To Go Logo

6.3

Rooms to Go was founded in 1990, and is currently the third largest furniture retailer in the United States. The company features a number of celebrity collections, including from the likes of Cindy Crawford, JuIianne Hough, Sofia Vergara, and Eric Church. In 2020, Rooms To Go was named the top furniture retailer in overall customer service rating.

IKEA Logo
#1 IKEA chevron_right
Target Logo
#2 Target chevron_right
Bed Bath And Beyond Logo
#3 Bed Bath And Beyond chevron_right

The Good

• Furniture Catalog
  • Extended Warranty
  • Rooms To Go Coupon App
  • Card Member Promotions

Furniture Catalog

Rooms To Go sports a robust furniture inventory covering the following areas of the house:

• Living Room Furniture — living rooms sets, bonded leather sets, couch/sofa and sectional sets, ottomans, recliners, loveseat sets, home entertainment, tables and chairs, coffee table sets, etc.
  • Bedroom Furniture — bedroom set, daybeds, bunk bed, dressers, mirrors, nightstands, chests, bedding, headboards, etc.
  • Dining Room — dining room sets, table and chair sets, barstools, china cabinets, bar carts, etc.
  • Home Decor — accent pillows, rugs, lighting, book cases, home office furniture, desk chair sets, etc.
  • Kids and Teens — girls' room, boys' room, nursery, teens room, playroom furniture, etc.
  • Mattresses — bed frame sets, Beautyrest, Serta, Purple, Casper, Beds To Go, and more

Extended Warranty

Rooms To Go offers customer its Guard It Residential Furniture Protection Plan, good for three years. This protection plan covers qualifying purchases against a number of breakdowns, stains, and other damages:

• Cracking/peeling of finish
  • Warping of frame and frame components
  • Breaking/bending of mechanisms, springs, and coils
  • Failure of electrical components
  • Stains from food, beverages, nail polish, or pen ink
  • Punctures, cuts, or rips
  • Chipping/gouging to wood and other hard services
  • Glass/mirror breakage (does not include light bulbs)
  • Minor burn marks
  • Liquid marks or rings
  • Heat and burn marks on solid wood
  • One-time breakage of umbrella or umbrella mechanism

Some caveats to this service contract include the long list of exceptions (a.k.a "What's Not Covered") as well as the obligation on the customer's part to file a claim within 30 days of the incident. If customers have any specific questions about the the extended service agreement, they're encouraged to consult the contract directly.

Rooms To Go Coupon App

The Rooms To Go Coupon App (available for download for both Apple and Android devices) allows customers to shop directly from their phones, find coupons to maximize their savings, and locate a store near them. Coupons apply to all Rooms To Go, Rooms To Go Kids, and Rooms To Go Outlet Stores.

Card Member Promotions

For Rooms To Go credit card holders, the company offers a number of promotional programs. These include, but are not limited to no-interest financing for up to 50 months, and free shipping on select items.

The Bad

• Limited Service Area
  • 48-Hour Return Policy
  • No Kitchen or Bathroom Sets
  • High APR for Rooms To Go Credit Card

Limited Service Area

Rooms To Go employs more than 7,500 specialists across 11 states and territories:

• Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Virginia
  • Tennessee
  • Puerto Rico

Rooms To Go also fulfills deliveries to Kentucky, Oklahoma, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Connecticut, Rhode Island, and Washington, D.C., along with some international locations.

While the company boasts scores of showrooms across the southern United States, it may find itself at a disadvantage to furniture stores that have successfully achieved a national (or in some cases, international) presence. Promoting verified Rooms To Go reviews may help the company showcase its exemplary customer service and stand out in the crowd.

48-Hour Return Policy

Rooms To Go has a fairly stringent return policy, that prevents the return of a furniture item more than 48 hours following its delivery. Furthermore, while customers who successfully return their items within that window will be refunded for the retail purchase price, they will not be refunded the delivery charge. Additionally, the return of some items may incur a hefty restocking fee of up to $199. In short, unless the product arrives with a defect or damage covered by the extended warranty, customers only have two days to decide if they want to keep it; otherwise, they are stuck with their purchase.

No Kitchen or Bathroom Sets

Rooms To Go only features furniture sets for the living room, dining room, and bedroom. Customers interested in finding pieces specifically for their kitchen or bathroom may want to look elsewhere.

High APR for Rooms To Go Credit Card

While Rooms To Go card members may enjoy a number of perks and incentives with their membership, new applicants should be cautious of the high APR rate that comes with the card itself: 29.99 percent. While retail credit cards tend to carry high interest rates as a whole (with several reaching up to 25.99 APR), the Rooms To Go store card exhibits one of the highest rates in the industry. Even with an on-time credit card payment history, customers may find themselves paying considerable amounts of interest.

The Bottom Line

Rooms To Go offers a solid line of living room, bedroom, and dining room furniture fit for any home and any layout. It's extended service agreement supplies three years of protection for qualifying claims, and loyalty card members are entitled to a number of in-store perks. That said, card members should also be aware of the incredibly high interest associated with the store card. Customers should also be aware of the store's limited and costly return policy when buying from Rooms to Go.

1.9

Linda Boynton Beach, FL

I have been doing business with Rooms To Go for many years and have found my best experiences have been doing business on line. It could have to do with being on the East Coast I really can't say but for example I ordered on line a Cindy Crawford over stuffed leather recliner sofa. After the delivery I called the on line support as I could not find the handles to recline (talk about feeling like an idiot) the gal that answered went out of her way to find out on the dual recliner sofa that is not a powered dual powered sofa but manual sofa where they (the handles where located) and after a few minutes told me they where hidden between the cushion and the arm so to achieve the out of sight feature. She stayed with me on the phone until both handles where located and in working order. I am very pleased and happy with my $1250 purchase. Again I repeat the on line ordering has always been good for me and the only time I had any sort of negative experience was in the West Palm showroom years ago.

Vernon & Darlene Smith Hillsborough, NC

05/14/2018 Rooms To Go 4144 Durham Chapel Hill Blvd Durham NC 27707 To Whom it may concern, My Husband and I went to Rooms To Go on 4/14/2018, we asked for Sale Associations LaDwaun S. LaDwaun had a smile, very friendly and very knowledgable with the furniture at Rooms To Go. LaDwaun showed us furniture by Cindy Crawford, living room sofa and two swivel chairs with tables. LaDwaun was very patience with me and we walked over the entire store. The manager Latoya M, came by and my husband asked what kind of deal can you give me on this living room furniture. Latoya worked her magic. After she reviewed our account from before, she saw we had came in the store looking to buy a mattress three years ago. Latoya and LaDwaun took us over to look and a mattress. We look at a king size bed trying to match it with our bedroom furniture we already have. LaDwaun advised us to bring in a drawer from the dresser to match with the furniture we have in our bedroom. LaDwaun and Latoya worked their magic again. They stayed in the store with us after closing not one time did they say the store is close and you need to come back tomorrow they stayed until my husband stated we will come back on 4/15/2018. We came back in on 4/15/2018, asked for the Sale Associations LaDwaun she came right over with her smile and took one look at the dresser drawer and stated I know the right headboard to match with your dresser drawer. We brought Cindy Crawford sofa, two swivel chairs, three tables, 8 by 10 rug, king size mattress with bed and dresser that matches my other bedroom furniture and a mattress cover. LaDwaun and Latoya are two outstanding employee’s at Rooms To Go. With their knowledge of the different types quality of furniture and being honest with their customers, and caring to go beyond and above to help me and my husband this meant a lot to us. This was outstanding customer service experience. We will recommend these two employee’s to anyone we know who are looking to buy furniture. Thanks LaDwaun and Latoya for your outstanding customer service. Thank you, Vernon & Darlene Smith

JOHN HARRIS Clayton, NC

Bought a recliner/chair that I am completely unhappy with. So far, I am six weeks in to trying to get this junk returned. SIX WEEKS! It takes them days to reply, they ask a new question, then another 4-5 days for the next response/new question. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I should have bought a LA-Z-Boy!

Raeleen Clark West Palm Beach, FL

Purchased supposedly a leather sectional reclining sofa for over $4,000 and the head rest is pealing after 8 months of use. They will not replace. We purchased a leather sectional reclining sofa and spent $4,000. Upon delivery, head rest had seam coming out so they replaced it. The same head rest after 8 months of use is pealing/discolored. The repairman said it should not happen and said we'd receive a new one. After no communication, we reached out to find that they denied the manufacturer warranty and said it was normal wear and tear. How can an 8 month old "leather" sofa have pealing/discoloration? The extended warranty does not cover this due to it being less than a year old. My husband spoke to the manager of the store and the manager stated that it could be hair products that caused this. Really? First of all, this is my husband's chair and he does not use products in his hair. We are finding that no one wants to assist. A leather sofa should not have these issues after 8 months of use. Customer service is not satisfactory.

Ed Bice Abingdon, VA

I accept the blame for this one. I did not investigate R2G before my purchase. After investigation, I found that 72% of online reviews are 1 star. Many of the reviews report massive delays, broken furniture, receiving refurbished (rather than new) products, a lack of response from the company, and poor interactions with the Customer Service Department. I had my own experience yesterday. After an extended wait for delivery, the day finally arrived. The delivery time given was 6 pm to 10 pm. I thought it was odd, but we wanted our furniture. When the time frame changed to 11:30 pm to 12 am, I tried to call Customer Service. After waiting on hold for over an hour, the first-line representative offered nothing. When I spoke with the "supervisor" (Carlos C.) I wrong concerning the delivery time (even though it was from the R2G tracking information). He stopped short of calling me a liar, but the insinuation was clear. He offered no help (no additional tracking information, no solutions, not "I'm sorry," no "midnight is an unacceptable delivery time," nothing). He refused to allow me to speak with his supervisor, first telling me he had no supervisor. After I pressed (so, you are the CEO?), he informed me his supervisor would not talk with customers. I hung up with no solution, only wasted time and energy. Finally, the delivery truck driver called, stating the delivery would arrive the next morning. The next day, when our delivery window was passed, I called Customer Service. I waited for over 30 minutes to be told our delivery had been canceled because the furniture was not on the truck. It was backordered (even though we decided to purchase based on the fact the website indicated the item was in stock) and would not be available for another 5 weeks. Note, I had to make the call to learn this information. I was transferred to another department to cancel the order and obtain a refund (another 30 minute hold time). I explained the entire saga and asked for the order to be canceled and for a refund. I was told I was wrong; the sofa was on the truck for delivery. After arguing for an extended period, the representative checked the files and found I was correct. Then she told me I could not obtain a refund because "the computer was locked because it thought my furniture was on the truck." I explained that computers do not think. They do what people program them to do and whoever needed to fix the situation needed to do it immediately. She protested for several minutes and then placed me on hold. The refund was granted (even though they "can't."). I called again today (40-minute wait) to confirm because I do not believe anything a representative tells me. Please save yourself the trouble and do not purchase furniture from R2G. They offer no solutions to issues, the company consistently over promises and under delivers, their communication and customer service is basically nonexistent, and it is apparent that customer satisfaction is of no concern.

Cynthia Redmond Norcross, GA

The in store rep Dre S was awesome. He was very informative,knowledgeable,helpful and very caring in my decision to purchase the sofa and love seat. I would also give him a 5 star rating. As far as for the delivery process it was a nightmare the delivery men were great and made the process bearable your customer service reps need more training and the dispatcher I spoke with on Sat 2/1 was rude no empathy at all for the situation

Susan Dupre Magnolia, TX

I purchased two sofas from The Cindy Crawford Collection. Delivery was 10/22/2018. I noticed that there was an area where the construction wasn’t done correctly in the factory. I called 10/23/2018 since I didn’t see it until after the delivery guys had left. Customer Service was great. They ordered a new one, not even asking for a photo even though I took one. I just received my replacement today 10/23/2018. I am extremely happy with them. I’ll be honest. I don’t expect for my sofas to last a long time. You get what you pay for. However, these will get me by for now. 😊

Robbi

My sales representive , David K., was able to find exactly what I wanted and at an incredible price. He was very informative regarding materials, brands, cleaning instructions. He offered input without trying to influence my final decision. I purchased a Cindy Crawford sectionsl, Sofia Vigara queen bed, night stand, dresser and Beaty Rest mattress. I couldn’t have found better prices at a consignment store and this is new, high quality furniture. I am thrilled. I am moving 45 miles away but will return to this outlet.

Jeff M. Dothan, AL

I ordered a complete bedroom suit with mattress from Rooms To Go. I was given a 4-hour delivery window 2 days before scheduled delivery date on their website. i also received a phone call that same day giving me the delivery window. The delivery men arrived well within that time frame and were very courteous, professional, and did a great job assembling the bedroom suit and cleaning up. Maybe I got lucky, but that was my experience with them. I am very pleased with my purchase.

Joannie Morrison Gardendale, AL

I hate reading all the negative reviews when my experience was top-notch. We purchased an entertainment center from the Birmingham, AL RTG store. Our salesman – Jim - was helpful and pleasant (no pushy interaction). Our wall unit was delivered on time and with great care by the delivery team. Once we got our TV set-up and got ready to place items on the piece, we noticed a slightly warped shelf. Rooms-to-Go customer service was very responsive and set-up a return/replace for us within 10 days of the first delivery. The second delivery team was as nice as the first - careful with the furniture and respectful of our home when they delivered the replacement. I have nothing but good things to say about our experience and just wish everyone could have a similar interaction with RTG.

Niloofar Hubrich ,

I would give them 10 negative stars if that was available. THE ABSOLUTE WORST purchase experience we have ever had. Don’t take my word for it, just go and read reviews across the internet about them. I won’t make this long. They never called me to give me a delivery window ahead of time OR give me information on how I could get that on my own.. They show up the day of at 8:00am and since we had not moved to the house yet, no one was there. When they called me I begged them to leave the two stools on the porch and that I was 10 minutes away; she said the driver will not leave it. I spend two days, 6 calls trying to go and get them myself. The first 5 people told me that as soon as it’s back in the warehouse, they will be able to reschedule delivery or make arrangements to pick it up. The 6th call I was told the stools had been given to another person that was waiting on them and mine would be available in 3 months because it’s on back order. She told me this in fact is their policy and that they do not hold merchandise for people. No matter what I did to make her understand the situation, she didn’t want to hear it. I spoke to the “manager” at the store (I don’t believe he was actually the manager. I think she just put someone on just to get rid of me). He could not explain why the first 5 people I talked to, did not tell me about this strange and bizarre policy. Just told me I either wait or I can have my money back. SO I did a little looking and strangely, other people have had a very similar situation which makes me think they are running some kind of scam or just something is fishy. How can someone miss their delivery and you don’t give them a window to come and get the item before you just give it away. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE MAKING A PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Silvia Miami, FL

We bought a set of two couches online on June 21th. They didn’t arrive until July 28th. The loveseat came with a broken console. We were not going to accept the couches because that one was broken but the delivery man told us that the problem that the couch had could be fixed by a technician in a few days easily. So we decided to stay with the couches and call Rooms to go to let them know that we needed a technician. The technician came a moth later, on august 28th, he told us that he couldn’t fix it because he needed to order a new piece. On September 15th we called Rooms to Go again because the piece had not arrived. They told us that they had ordered it from the manufacturer and it would take 3 months to arrive or they could send us another couch. So we scheduled for the couch to be replaced. On September 22nd they brought us a couch that was not new in a box. We did not accept the replacement because it is not okay to be sent a couch out of the box, it could be used or damaged, especially during a pandemic, it is very unsanitary. We called Rooms to Go that same day, asking them for a new couch on a box. They told us that the set was discontinued. Then we asked to order the piece, even if it took 3 months. Turns that they could not get the piece at all. Apparently we were lied to before, the piece wouldn’t have arrived at all. We asked to return the set. We were told no. Our only options were to get the credit of money we spent and get another set or to stay with the broken set and loose the warranty. Getting another set now would be more expensive and we would need to pay the difference and we don’t even like them. In conclusion, the service is HORRIBLE. It’s a very long wait to get the product, the technician, the representative on the phone. The employees lie to you. Rooms to Go does not care about its customers. This company should be ashamed of the poor service it provides.

Melvin N Rodriguez Port Saint Lucie, FL

I called the local store to see what they could offer due to the unforseen 3 month wait on the furniture we ordered and they told me that they cancelled the order. We never requested the order to be cancelled. We are very unhappy with them at this point. Why would anyone cancel our order without us requesting that??? The rep at the store was very unprofessional. Her name is Collen and she was constantly talking over me and kept stating how my husband did cancel the order. I am very much aware he didn't call and he stated himself he never called so she states that couldn't be true. She basically called my husband a lier. I even checked the oh be records to see if my husband call and there was no outgoing or incoming call to or from them except for a msg they left a week prior. Colleen stated that she had just spoken to my husband this past Wednesday but it isn't true. I can't believe these are the type of people you have working for the company.

Clark Garrett Pass Christian, MS

I purchased a leather sofa that was quite comfy in the showroom. The sofa delivered is so hard, I cant sit on it without getting sore. I knew immediately this would was a problem. Right away I called customer serve but it was Friday evening and they were closed for the weekend. Monday, customer service assured me that I could go to the showroom and choose an exchange,if they didn't have what I liked, they could check with various manufactures. When I went to the show room, the sales reps did not check with manufactures about anything. I asked for a refund and was told to check with customer service. Customer service told me it was up to the store manager. This went on for two weeks - the manager wasn't in, he would call back, etc. Today I finally talked to him and and it is too late for a refund, but I can come and chose anything I like. He give me 30 days to do that. There is absolutely nothing else I would like to exchange it for. Everything is either the wrong color, wrong style, etc. I was told the sofa needs some weight on it and it will take some time to break in. I am a small elderly person and cant live long enough to break this in. This is my forth leather sofa so purchase and Ive never had this problem.

N. Neal LaFayette, GA

Our experience in the syore with our salesman Paul (Chattanooga) was great. We chose a set that was shown on the sales floor as a sectional but we purchased as 1 sofa and 2 loveseats. I valled the customer service number and spoke with Melissa (I have that conversation recorded) and she said that the sofa and loveseat came with all the throw pillows that the sectional had on it. So we made our purchase and scheduled delivery which was scheduled for Wednesday March 6 and the time frame we were given in the store was between 1 and 5 pm for delivery and set. We received a call at 3:05 on March 6 that said the delivery was running behind and it would be between 3 and 7 pm so I requested that the delivery guys give me a call when headed to my house so I could meet them there (I even called the customer service number to make sure this request got added to my delivery) I had already took the majority of the day off and had an an appointment at 6 so I would need to meet them there. The delivery truck showed up at my house at 330 left the furniture with no phone call or nothing ahead of time like I requested and they said they would do. The furniture was drug across my hardwood floors ruining a section of my floor. When the furniture was delivered it was placed in my livingroom completely wrapped up the legs were not installed and the packaging was still in tact (highly dissapointed when we paid 170.00 for delivery and set up). When I contacted customer service the only thing the lady would say is "I'm sorry I cannot help you" they can't send the pillows that are suppose to go with the set and make my $3000.00 cash purchase right. I was also told that the store manager (Chattanooga store) would be in contact with me and here we are 1 week and 1 day post delivery and still no phone call. Very poor customer service highly dissapointed and we will never shop at Rooms to Go again.

Akila

I bought furniture and had a great experience. I got a bedroom set and a dining room set. Both were in excellent condition, set up quickly by the delivery men and I was a happy camper. It seems like the negative reviews are from people being angry at things that just happen sometimes.

Vicky Stewart Mulberry, FL

Our delivery went great! Came at scheduled timeframe. Took out old furniture. Brought in new and assembled. No damages to new furniture. Well pleased. Makes me wonder about all the negative reviews out there after my excellant experience.

Terry Gist Hampton, GA

My sales person Kimberly @ rooms to go in Forest park on frontage road kim was amazing. I was looking for a bedroom set and a kicthen sets. I told her about my budget and she's was willing And able to bring the price down so I can get the things I came for she made it happened. Thank you Kimberly.

Sendi Galvan Houston, TX

I had a great experience with Room to go specially with Latosha M. She is excellent with customer service, She was very helpful and nice. Latosha it was very sincere and helpful with taste. Lotosha is excellent, love her. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication. It is very much appreciated. Thank you! Sendi Galvan

Jeremy Webb Dallas, TX

Rooms To Go has a very large amount of options to choose from for your furniture needs. Full displays of what your bedroom or living room could look like makes choosing furniture easy. Employees can be a little annoying when they follow you and hover you to ask questions but other than that they are ok. Prices are reasonable and the quality of the furniture has lasted in my house for quite a while.

Renee Nelson Concord, NC

I will not be getting anything else from RTG. I bought bunkbeds with delivery and set-up at $89.00extra. On Monday they brought bunkbeds but said they didn't have the screws but someone would be back to put them together....one week later and 3 phone calls to customer service and my daughter went and paid $82.00 for screws so we could put beds together....oh and they're only taking off $50 for not setting up.

Larry Farrell Durham, NC

We ordered 3 sets of bookcase shelves that were on sale for $200. Upon delivery we discovered that what we thought were shelves that we could assemble into a functional bookcase were just shelves - flat pieces of wood with no frame to assemble them on to. The sales person in the Raleigh, NC store did not tell us that the frame would cost an additional $100 and obviously did not order the frames. The store manager admitted their mistake but would nothing to rectify the matter except allow us to order the frames for an additional $300 and wait 4 months until they were available. This is a stupid sales approach, as who would buy shelves separately from a frame to mount them on? If we knew from the start that the shelves would cost $300 each and not $200, we would not have wasted our time at Rooms to Go.

Edward Freeman Rowesville, SC

My wife and I recently had a very pleasant shopping experience at the Harbison, Columbia SC store. Tonya Z was very helpful, not pushy, and she knew her product.

Catherine Mobile, AL

I'm from Mobile, Alabama. Purchased my mattress from RTG in Mobile, Al from the manager Nick who was very misleading. Nick/ Rooms To Go DOES NOT stand behind their word. I purchased Tempurpedic mattress and was very unhappy with the mattress ($2,400 mattress) and the service but I was told if this was not the mattress for me I could easily exchange it. Nick(Manager) was very rude and refuse to help me with my problem. I am still paying for a mattress that I do not get a good night sleep on!!! I have been trying since October 2019 to get RTG to help me in some way and they refuse. They sent technician out twice he could barely get up and down hasseling for breath, he did nothing to solve my problem. I will never shop there again and I want people to know that what you are dealing with. They DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS!!!!!!

William Scalzo Killeen, TX

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS OPERATION! They screw you over royal with poor delivery! I spent over $5K for mattress/base units, they send text showing delivery 7AM to 11AM 06/12. Then get a call from a computer saying exact same thing. Then, 10:30AM 06/12 a rude unfriendly male calls telling me delivery is now 12PM to 4PM...no reason why change. Then get a text at 2PM saying delivery is between 11AM and 3PM with a tracking link. Hit track link it shows delivery vehicle in a city 2 hours away with delivery between 6:20 and 6:50 PM. This is complete incompetence! Try calling customer disservice and they keep you on hold, never answering knowing you will get pissed and hang up. STAY AWAY FROM THIS CHEATING OUTFIT!!! Just a little more follow up on this company...if you are concerned about Covid and possible transmission you may not want to get any delivery from them. Just had 2 individuals deliver product, NO MASKS, no protective foot covers. Showed zero concern that anything out of ordinary was afoot. As a senior in the supposed risk category I would think this company would show some concern. They sure do in their stores, but hey, those are high profile so it looks good there. Apparently not so much with delivery folks. Be warned...

Mary Nicolini Sarasota, FL

Where do I start. First I ordered a table only to find out just shy of a year old that it was a piece of junk. Basically balsa wood. I ordered another table. When they were unwrapping it, it was falling apart as they took off the blankets. Told them to take it back along with the other table. They came and got the table after waiting all day. I would get a call two days before that said delivery was 8-12. About a half hour later, I would get a text changing the time. An hour later changing the time. Every time I would call up customer service and wait on hold anywhere from 20 minutes to one hour. I had to call probably 5 times, until my blood pressure was so high I decided it wasn’t worth it. Got written up at work because it sounds like a lie when you keep calling the boss saying that oh it’s going to be later. The point came that I had to take the day, only to find out the 2nd table was garbage too. Now I have another table coming. I guess I’m a glutton for Rooms to Go punishment. I got my call and text that says 10-2. Called customer service and spend 34 minutes on hold, just ot be told, “we can’t control the delivery times” Oh well, can you call the delivery people and tell them this is important and what happened. Nope can’t call them. So I call the home office. I speak to the operator and tell her part of the story which she was not interested in hearing but I wanted to talk to the CEO’s secretary to explain my problem and let them know this is a systemic problem. She put me on hold making me think that I would be switched to the CEO’s offfice. I figured out after a few minutes that she switched me to customer service. I called back. Same lady answered. I asked why she just put me back to customer service.. She said to me that she only has the option to switch to customer service, however she is the operator for the home office. I guess if a company calls and wants to buy bulk furniture they get switched to customer service. I guess if the CEO’s person he’s been waiting to call him back, gets switched to customer service. I have furnished about 4 houses with Rooms to Go furniture. I’ve noticed that it has gone downhill significantly. The quality of furniture has become so poorly made and downright cheap, I compare it to discount stores such as Target or Walmart. You know you’re getting cheap furniture there. But when you give thousands of dollars to get junk, that’s a different story. I now have a delivery time on Friday from 10-2. They are picking up the bottom half of the Balsa wood table they forgot and delivering the new table. Mind you this is the third table. Let’s see what happens with this one. I told them I cannot wait all day and do this again with them. I don’t have the luxury. People are not doing well financially to take off all day for other people that are getting paid and pushing your time back without any consideration for your time and income. I do need to give kudos to Brian the manager at the Sarasota Fl store. He made the exchange very well and was very nice about it. It’s not his fault. Buyer beware. Rooms to Go has gotten cheap furniture now that is poorly made and overpriced. I think I saw my table in Big Lots but can’t be sure. After this purchase I will be cutting up Rooms to Go credit card and taking one with American Signature Furniture which I know is solid. I’ve had their furniture since 2012 and it’s still solid as a rock. It’s a shame that buying a piece of furniture has to be so stressful. It is not a good experience to go through the delivery part of the purchase. I have found lies after lies. It gets to the point, after holding half a day, that you start just about yelling at them on customer service line. You have to be careful and mind your P’s and Q’s because they have the power and just hang up on you. You have to call back and hold for another hour. Revel in power and control.

Jessica Hayesville, NC

It’s all good when they are selling to you then after you pay your forgotten about. Bought two identical mattresses one for my room and room one for guest room. They sent one we ordered for the guest but then sent the wrong one for my bed. I noticed right away as soon as I laid on it because it was hard as a rock so I called and they agreed to switch it out but now I have to wait even longer for the delivery then I did the first time and I have already got rid of my old mattress and sleeping on this new one that I didn’t order is killing my back. I just wish they would have rushed the exchange a bit instead of just saying sleep on that until your new one comes in 10 days. Oh and if any of you are wondering why I don’t just sleep in the guest room until my mattress comes it’s because my husband and I can’t sleep in a tiny bed at the same time or we would.

A Norian Boca Raton, FL

The sales team in the store was fine and I was able to pick a bedroom set and check out quickly. The delivery has been nothing but frustrating. Delivery time 7am - 11am with my stop scheduled as #1. Text received at 7:45am that driver is on the way expected delivery between 8-8:30. It is now after 10am and no show. I called the driver who was rude. So apparently the customer has to be up and ready by 7am but the drivers don’t start working until 8. The drivers can change the route as they would like regardless of when they tell you they will be there. Terrible customer service. I then asked to cancel the order and then hung up on me.

Paul DeBarbieri Bradenton, FL

I purchase a motion bed from RTG but when it was delivered I was told that I needed a special attachment to attach my headboard. I called the store, and told and advised them that no one informed me of the special attachment requirement. When I inquired as to the cost I was told it was not expensive, but they could not tell me the price. I informed them that I wished to return the bed and was told I could refuse the bed. I told them if they provided the part at no cost, I would accept the bed. No one could accept that proposition. I asked again as to the cost and was told that the manager was no longer available and no one could tell be the cost of the part. In the mean time the manager had called the delivery person and informed him not to accept the return of the bed. He was to leave the bed and disregard my request to return.

Johnathan Tulloch Fort Lauderdale, FL

It was calm I didn't feel like I was being attacked with unecessary info about deals and buy this and buy that like most stores. They just let you coast and pick what yoh want with no hassle which is always a plus for me.

JoAnn Bailey Lawrenceville, GA

I visited the Rooms to Go outlet in Norcross. JC was our sales rep and he was OUTSTANDING!! He took great care of us. He was very knowledgeable of everything we had questions on. I appreciate such great service

George Mc Daniel League City, TX

We purchased a dining room table and chairs from them a little over a year ago. A brace on one of the chairs just broke and I called them to inquire about how to get it repaired. It seems since it is out of warranty, they will not send a tech to repair it even though I am willing to pay. Also, they have no place where I can take the chair for repairs! So I will just have to purchase a new chair. This is very poor customer service. Customers are just left hung out to dry!

Jerry Deckler Austin, TX

I bought a leather couch and matching love couch. Less than 3 yrs ago it was falling apart. Rooms to Go honored my warranty and let me pick out another set. 6 months after the second set was delivered with 4 motorized recliners, two motors went out and one toggle switch according to the tech they seen out. That was 3 weeks ago. I received by USPS two switches but no motors today 10/25/17. After calling customer service, seems the motors probably were not ordered. Now I’m told to call back in 7 to 10 Days for status update . I’m not happy with the poor quality of these couches and poor service. I shouldnt be going through this with 6 month old furniture and the run around I feel I’ve gotten. I’m still paying for these couches. Last time I buy anything from Rooms to Go.

Syl North Port, FL

I bought my king bedroom suite and mattress from Room to Go. The salesperson was excellent and very professional. The furniture arrived as schedule; not one piece was scratched, broken, and nothing wrong with them. Totally satisfied!

Vera Squire ,

The Salesman was very helpful in explaining what the furniture cost and the quality consist of.

Marquis Lewis Montgomery, AL

Worst purchase ever. Purchased furniture from Rooms to Go in Montgomery, AL. Purchased furniture during a promotional offer which I was told it was 0% interest for 6 months by the sales representative & management, when actually it was 0% Interest “deferred” for 6 months. Which I found out after trying to pay the amount in full that is listed on my account online that they charge the interest up front if you don’t pay it off in the 6 months time frame. They switched the statements after sending me an initial statement stating the terms the Representative who sold me the furniture stated. I recommend please read the fine fine very small print. They hit me for over $600 in interest and I was only one month off from paying the full amount. I called the customer service line and with the supervisor on 3 way from the store so they could here the deceptive tactics they used to swindle me out of my money. I wouldn’t have agreed to the contract knowing the interest was 34.99% after the “0 for 6 months no interest “ as I was told in the first place. This company takes advantage of those who have fair credit and in need of furniture. This company not only did that, but in the mist of the epidemic that has hit our country unexpectedly doesn’t care about still putting hard earnest working consumers in further debt. Debt that is more than half of the original amount financed. I recommend reading the fine print! They are non-negotiable and greedy! I asked the representative what the company was doing for those in the mist of the epidemic and she told me that they were only deferring the payments for this month putting it on the back end and still charging compound interest on top of the deferred interest which was the 6 months interest plus monthly still outside of the promotion offer. It wasn’t a deal it was a scam! I was so disgusted with the tactics used being a sales representative myself. I believe in giving people the information and allowing them to choose so there want be any remorse. I feel sorry for those who currently are still financing with this company or even planning on purchasing from Rooms to Go in the future. They discriminate with interest rates and trap you into compound interest contracts. There is no deal or empathy for the consumer. I wish I would’ve researched the finance company ahead of time. I would never ever recommend this finance company or rooms to go to anyone. STAY AWAY FROM ROOMS TO GO & ESPECIALLY TIDEWATER FINANCE!

Beverly Schacher Long Beach, MS

Rooms to Go has a pretty good selection of furniture. I love the children's furniture and the room displays. They run frequent sales and their prices are comparable to similar stores.

Brittney San Antonio, TX

If I could give this company a zero star rating I would based off of their customer service. about a year and a half ago we purchased a $3000 sectional we bought the protection plan as it was a huge investment for us. after a year and a half the cushions went bad. They hurt our back and when we sit we can feel the frame we called the warranty. They sent a tech out to “fluff” and rotate our pillows. Which I had done several times. I even showed the tech after he “fluffed” the cushions that we still bottom out and touch the frame. The tech said we should request a replacement that’s comparable . We called after we hadn’t heard back from the warranty company only to find out that he “fixed” the problem that our cushions aren’t covered unless they were stained or accidentally cut. That we can’t asked for a comparable couch under our extended warranty So we wasted our time and money on a expensive couch for it to hurt our backs after a year and a half of ownership. They do not take care of their customers. Don’t waste your money on this company or a warranty as they won’t take care if you.

Irina Whitnah Alpharetta, GA

Very negative! I purchased furniture (Server) in Rooms to Go in November 2019. They promised to deliver on Dec 31st. I was surprised why it should take too long. But agreed. On Dec 31st they delivered the Server, but it was damaged. So, I didnt accept this, and sent it back to the store. They called me and rescheduled delivery to Jan 11. However, nobody showed up on that day. I send two emails to customer service. But I have never received any feedback. I decided to call. The customer service was horrible, they even didnt apologized. Eventually I canceled the order and requested refund. They accepted and promised that I will receive my money back. Well, one week gone... I checked my account, there is no money. I am going to the store tomorrow to talk with someone in the store. This is horrible customer service!!! I dont understand why I have to beg to get my money back? The have to do it immediately after cancellation. If you want to pay for nothing, and then fight to get your money back, go to Rooms to Go. I will never buy anything in this store. Thank you.

Cindy Cloutier Murfreesboro, TN

I bought a $300 Futon. It came, I put the frame together. Then took the mattress out of the plastic and discovered the crappiest sewing job I have ever seen (see photos) to close the open end if the mattress cover. Called customer service to get some money back, all they could do was give me half the delivery fee back ($40). When I asked to get a refund and return the futon, they transferred me to the Murfreesboro store. The store would only give the delivery charge back ($80). When I asked them to give me a refund and take the futon back, they told me I have to talk to customer service. They were just circle jerking me around and did not want to take responsibility for the poor product. I even sent them photos of the crappy sewing job on the mattress. I'm keep the thing an putting it in my garage and writing reviews on my experience everywhere I can. BTW: Futon and mattress manufactured in Mississippi. Not sure how the work passed QA or went by any other workers without getting tossed in the reject pile. So much for buying American. Never shopping at Rooms To Go ever again.

Ruth B Whisler Denton, TX

I bought a Serta King mattresss which after two months of use, it sunk with just me laying on it. I was able to exchange it for a Beautyrest, which the salesman said was better. I paid 1578.26 for the Serta then was charged an additional $210.77 for the replacement. Now after just a month and a half, the Beautyrest has sunk. I am not going to get a replacement mattress from them but now going to go to Arbitration for a full refund and attorney fees. Buyer beware! They also tried to charge me $100 for restocking fee to restock a defective mattress, but changed their minds when I was verbal about how wrong that is. I hope other prospective buyers heard me in the store and walked out.

Daniella Miami, FL

Horrible horrible business practices. Purchased two couch and two chairs. Chairs were falsely advertise in the photo with an unnnacurate measure and the seat of the chair is for a child, not an adult, and only cake up the the shin only my leg, and I’m short. Arrived on a Thursday and did not even open second chair. Called to return and noticed legs were missing from couches. They told me to check and see if couch legs were zippered in on the Following Monday. Called back in Monday to set up the return and they said they wouldn’t take the return because it was out of the 48 hours. The weekend? What lunacy. So now I have two chairs that are for children that I cannot even use. Called to complain and manager still would not do the return even though it was only the second business day. And even though it has the original box. Rooms to go does not care about their customers and that is evident. The manager would not even work with me over the phone after I described to him the problem in detail as a customer who spent over 5,000 last year with them they have completely lost my business over this . Maybe this is why the company is going broke and customers all over are buying elsewhere. Horrible scam artist company BEWARE. As a lawyer I will be filing my own lawsuit for the $400 I Just posted and they will not only have to pay the refund but they will also get lawsuit bill because they are about to lose.

RESHU BAGGA Leander, TX

There manager just came from nowhere and have no experience in helping their customers who are in trouble. Recieved a broken couch, hard couch, not the one we ordered, such a worst service. Their employees are not replacing the couch for 15 days. Once you made the purchase they treat you like trash. I have a two left arm sofa delivered by them sitting in the corner. So frustrated with the service of Todd their manager in cedar park branch. Rude and unhelpful. Will put bad reviews everywhere I can. They are not returning my couch. Also their sales guy Lied to us that the couch will be as fluffy and soft that's why we spent $2700 on couch,while Todd their manager says every couch will come like hard.

PAMELA ALBERT Melbourne, FL

We purchased a sectional couch from RTG 5 months ago. When we were tying to decide whether to make a several hundred dollar purchase, one of THE key selling points the salesperson stated to us was that they have a new warranty that covers pet accidents. We specifically asked about cat urine, due to having an elderly cat. He said "yes, it's completely covered. First Fortegra will come out and try to clean it, and if it's still an issue we will REPLACE THE PIECE". Fast forward to a month ago, when our elderly kitty decided she wasn't too happy with the new furniture, and let us know in her own smelly way. We contacted the store, and were told to set up a cleaning visit with Fortegra, which we did. They came out, cleaned the piece, and for about a day the odor was masked with cleaning solution smell. But being cat pee, the odor came back. So, I called the store manager and explained all of this. I not only got the runaround, but also the classic pass-the-buck to customer service. I called them. They said call the store- it's a store issue. Long story shorter, I spoke with about 7 different people, and got 7 different version of their "pet stain" coverage warranty. Evidently it's only a stain if you can see it. If you can smell it, it must not be stained, and they flat out refused to make good on their warranty, despite this being THE final selling point for this furniture. This company is a sham. They get your money, and then give you a complete runaround stating "we didn't hear the salesperson say it, so it might not have happened". One woman actually said to me "a stain is something you can see. An odor is something from an armpit." Real classy. Not only will I never set foot in that store again, but I will now make it my mission to share this information as often as I can so other people don't fall prey to their misinformation, false advertisement, and bogus warranty. Avoid this store at all costs!

Kim Ginzo Orlando, FL

I purchased a console table a few weeks ago from RTG. The below is my last email to them followed by a boring explanation on my end. Hope this helps someone! RTG Rep (name withheld), What a complete hassle. Regardless if this is a vendor or not, RTG should stand behind the products they sell. If I had ordered this from Target, Amazon, Walmart or Ikea, I could have drawn on it with crayon and would not have received this much trouble trying to exchange it. All I wanted was a functional console. I am not even asking for my money back. Just an exchange. I am not normally a confrontational person, but this is ridiculous! How do they not see where pre-drilled holes were supposed to be that aren’t there? And where a piece was completely missing? I only drilled the holes myself because I knew I could, and I was trying to avoid this situation right here! Had I known the issues were WAY deeper than pre-drilled holes, and I would get this much push-back from a “reputable” company, I would not have done so. How am I supposed to send an image of why the drawer doesn’t slide in? Can you send me an image of why this issue isn’t resolved yet? I don’t know why it doesn’t slide in. I just know it has nothing to do with the slides I drilled for. They can’t physically go up or down. It isn’t possible because they have a lip on them the sits on the bottom the drawer sides. I am sending images again for the third time and made them as simple to follow as possible. I even did a little 3D model. The quality is way below the work I normally put out when modeling millwork details and sections, but I just don’t feel like putting that much time into this. But I do have a few more images to send. The next images I send will be of me cutting up my RTG credit card. I don’t have my card on me at work so I will be sure to get those images to you first thing in the morning and you can close this ticket out. Congratulations! You just lost a card-carrying customer over a $170 console table. Apparently, I purchased this FROM a vendor even though I bought it ON the RTG website. It was delivered in a box. I have purchased furniture from RTG in the past and they have always delivered and installed. Maybe because this was a vendor, or it wasn't a big-ticket item, it was just drop-shipped to the front door. NBD, I have put together multiple pieces of furniture over the years and I don’t mind it. I work on the table and all goes fine until I get to the drawers. The holes in the drawer sides were not pre-drilled as they are supposed to be. I put it aside and sent an email to RTG to explain my issue. I knew if I drilled the holes, I would likely void the warranty, so I had to just let it sit in pieces. That was Thursday evening. Friday, I didn't hear a peep back and by Sunday I was just frustrated with having this pile of unfinished furniture. I didn’t care about the warranty because I have never used a warranty on cheap furniture in the past. Drilling the holes is fool proof. They can only go in one place since the slide is the exact width of the drawer side and there is a lip that sits flush to the bottom of the side so it can't go up or down. I am not a dummy when it comes to millwork and casegoods, I know this stuff. One last punch to the gut, there are plastic inserts that hold the cam dowels and one was missing. At this point, I am just over it and want this thing done. I used epoxy putty to hold that dowel and it worked. But the drawer fronts are way too high. The slides on console sides were not in the right place. The holes (that WERE pre-drilled) were way off! I took the console apart and noticed the slides seemed just slightly bent. I drilled new holes in the console as low as I could to re-install the slides. I put everything back together and the right drawer goes in fine. The left drawer goes in but the front is still too high. It closes and opens only with force. It is clear that those slides were the defect. The next day, RTG has a rep get back to me. She asked me to send pictures (again). So, I sent them and explained that I ended up drilling the holes but this piece was still defective. The next day, I get an email stating that the vendor couldn't see the issue from the photos I sent. The images I sent could not have been clearer! At this point I am just defeated. RTG has broken me. So, I guess, congrats RTG? I can’t do this anymore. Had this been most other companies, they would have taken it back for the only reason that I was unsatisfied, regardless of the holes I drilled. Yes, the holes voided my warranty, but I was not disputing my warranty. I was saying this piece was defective from the start, I tried to rectify it to save us all some hassle, but unfortunately, it just didn’t work out. This was only 2 days since delivery. This pushback on their end = a complete breakup on mine. I sent the above referenced email WITH MORE pictures and copied any RTG customer email I could find. And that’s it folks. Hey RTG, Bye Felicia…

Niecee430

Bought a temperpedic mattress with a frame that the head and foot can be raised. I've had the best sleep! Better sleeping in years. Employees are knowledgeable and Friendly.

Sabrina Norcross, GA

My three year old Japanese Maple was destroyed during the delivery of my daughter's bedroom furniture. I followed all the steps to report the complaint submitting a statement accompanied by pictures of the damages. I received a call today and was informed that my claim would not be justified because the delivery men claim that they did not destroy the tree. Clearly, this is false! The tree was standing when they got there and was broken in half when they left. The boxes were unpacked within one foot of where the tree had stood. So the customer v. the delivery men results in the delivery men being assumed in the right and the customer in the wrong. Why would I report such a thing if it were not true. This LONG time Rooms To Go customer will never shop there again! P.S. It was advised that I should have been videoing the men at the time of delivery. So, heads up. Have your video camera out and recording during your next delivery!

Mahylen Round Rock, TX

I have been buying stuff from Rooms to go for more than 8 years, but this was my last time. We ordered a bedroom set( 1 queen bed, 1 nightstand, 2 lamps and 1 memory foam mattress, for a total of $ 2,419.30) when the delivery arrived , my husband asked them to take their shoes off ( the bedroom is at the second floor) they said “we have a policy of not take off our shoes “ so we asked them for cover shoes, they do not have cover shoes either. So against my husband I told them to go upstairs with the bed and other stuff, they did just the night table and other lighter stuff, and when we thought they were looking for a solution for the problem, they’d already left, leaving the heaviest part downstairs in the middle of my living room, without any explanation , they didn’t even say we’re leaving. My son called customer service, they said don’t worry we are going to send another drivers, that was 5 days ago, we are still waiting for them. Very disappointed.

Sherry Canton, GA

This company does not care about the customer. Missed call from driver at 8:44 am my window was 8am to noon called at 8:50 am was told I did not answer the door that is (because they never came) we will call you back when the driver can redeliver today, never happened. Call #2 we have not been able to reach the driver we will call you by 5:00 never happened. Call #3 4:50 pm. Driver already completed his route and items were returned, we can redeliver in 15 days . I said not acceptable well we can do 8 days but 1 of your items is on back order (1st time I hear this) I said not acceptable I need to speak to a manager. Manager says we can deliver in 5 days when I ask about item on backorder she says I was able to get it released? I feel like I was lied to all day and they had no desire to provide customer service. I guess I will see what happens with round 2, unhappy customer today!

Key Craddock Plano, TX

If you want to be lied to and taken advantage of with no sense of urgency to fix their issues, then this is the place for you. I will never shop here again. I purchased a bedroom set and mattress nothing turned out how it was suppose to, my bedroom set came scratched and my base that I was told would be massaging was the lower caliber that just raises. This is absolutely ridiculous. Then the financing I was told would be 88months was 30months. Called synchrony bank and they told me that was set by rooms to go and they can change if rooms to go called and let them know. I call to tell them and get the base switched as it is not what I was promised they tell me to spend another 1200 dollars for an upgraded base to get what I was already promised. They never called back about the financing either. I will never come back and if you want honest caring people do not buy from them. I will be contacting my attorney.