Overstock Logo

Overstock

7.2

LAST UPDATED: May 19th, 2021

Overstock.com launched in 1999 in an effort to provide consumers with quality products at the most affordable prices on the market. Consumers can shop for a large selection of home-based and personal products including furniture, jewelry, and more. The team at Overstock.com prides itself on providing excellent customer service with the goal of offering a wide selection of goods, affordable prices, and a stress-free shopping environment.

The Good

• Large Inventory
  • Savings Opportunities
  • Shipping

Large Inventory

Overstock features a large inventory of several types of consumer goods. Categories include home décor, kitchen and dining, home improvement, housewares, garden and patio, bath, luggage, kids and baby, apparel, jewelry, and bags. Overstock has also created a room ideas category where various products are paired together in a variety of styles giving customers insight into specific products they can purchase to fit the style of any room in their home. Categories feature sales, clearance, and new arrivals tabs where consumers will find daily promotions and discounts on select products.

Savings Opportunities

Overstock runs frequent deals for holidays and provides exclusive email offers to everyone on the Overstock email list. When you first visit the site, you can "spin the wheel" to get an immediate discount on your purchase.

Club O is Overstock's rewards program membership and provides these benefits:

• 5% back in rewards on every purchase
  • Up to $40 in rewards for each product review you write
  • Access to the Extra Rewards Store
  • Price match guarantee
  • Free returns
  • Free shipping
  • Hotel booking discounts up to 45%

Club O comes with a free 30-day trial, then membership costs $19.95 per month. Memberships are free for active military members, veterans, teachers, students, and first responders.

Shipping

Overstock.com provides free shipping to the contiguous United States on all orders over $45. Most items ship within 1 to 2 business days while larger furniture items take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks. An estimated delivery time may be obtained when checking out. Overstock.com currently offers international shipping in over 180 different countries through a partnership with Bongo International. Bongo provides international payment processing in a variety of currencies. Consumers are given a guaranteed order total upon checkout which includes shipping fees, taxes/duties, and shipment insurance.

The Bad

• Oversized Item Returns
  • Warranty Information

Oversized Item Returns

Overstock offers refunds for unused items when the return process is initiated within 30 days of delivery. However, when returning an undamaged piece of furniture or other large items, the customer is responsible for the return shipping costs. Customers should be aware of this policy prior to placing a furniture order so they're not surprised by expensive return shipping fees.

Warranty Information

Warranty information is difficult to find on Overstock.com since warranties vary based on the product. You need to contact customer service directly for warranty information on specific products.

The Bottom Line

Overstock.com provides consumers with a large product selection at affordable prices that can be further discounted with seasonal promotions and Club O membership rewards. We recommend Overstock as a one-stop shop for furniture. But since the customer is responsible for return shipping costs for oversized items, make sure you love the furniture in your order before placing it.

4.1

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

I have found a few interesting items at Overstock that I didn't think I could find. Prices aren't always the best but you have to look through a lot of inventory to find what you need.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Overstock has the best and cheapest selection for fine furniture. I am always impressed with the deals to be had with Overstock. They have great delivery options and can get additional stain protection for certain furniture. It is an awesome outlet for quality goods.

Kory Staheli

Overstock is a great resource for home and office furnishings. They have a great variety at very reasonable prices. I recently ordered 2 chairs for my office but when they arrived they were damaged. My assistant contacted Overstock and they sent out 2 new chairs immediately no questions asked. The new chairs arrived quickly and without damage. I am pleased with both the quality of the product and with their great customer service.

Sang Pham San Jose, CA

We deliberated on a Bookcase for some time comparing options from Overstock and many other stores. Eventually we chose Overstock because there was one on sale and it had a Ratuken discount. Without any notification or warning, Overstock cancelled our order. Had I not logged on to check the status of the order, I would not have known. Customer service says that after I placed the order they realized they were out of stock. The plan to refund our money but now we have missed out on Black Friday discounts we could have got for alternative options. We asked that they re-instate our order and that we would be happy to wait for re-stock but they refused. We asked that the promise to offer the item at the price we paid for when it came back in stock but they refused. They said when it comes back in stock we could talk to customer service about the "best price" but refused to promise it would be the same price. Even if it was, we have missed out on the Ratuken cashback offer on Black Friday. We are devastated that we are now left without a bookcase and will have to pay hundreds more because of their mistake. My advice to consumers, avoid Overstock; particularly if the product you want is running out. They may never fulfil your order and they won't even tell you when they cancel it.

JUDE Palm Springs, CA

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TURKISH TOWEL SET WITH A BATH MAT INCLUDED. I AM DELIGHTED WITH THE TEXTURE OF THE TOWELS THE WEIGHT IS JUST RIGHT NOT TOO HEAVY OR TOO LIGHT. THEY WASHED BEAUTIFULLY AND ABSORBS VERY WELL ALSO. WOULD PURCHASE AGAIN WHEN NEEDED. JUDE

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

I purchased a bookshelf on Overstock; it arrived in time and was fairly easy to assemble. It looks very high quality, even though the materials aren't solid wood. I would definitely purchase more furniture from Overstock in the future.

Connor Farmington, UT

Overstock has many great furniture, clothing, and accessory options but I shop there every time because they have the best customer service in the world. They have solved my problems extremely fast and end the call making me feel like a million bucks. A great company to buy!

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have been very satisfied with the quality, service, and pricing we have experienced with Overstock. The products we have ordered have been "as advertised" and the delivery and customer service has been good. These are not "second hand" or used products and the variety Overstock offers is very good. We have found nothing that would stop us from continuing to use Overstock in the future!

Mason Allen Pleasant Grove, UT

I ordered a desk there and it came broken and so I went through all the trouble to try and get it replaced but they did not have any more in stock and so I just had to get a refund and it was frustrating.

ltrain8796 Orem, UT

I love Overstock's selection of modern furniture. They are a local utah company which is something I love. Shopping local is the way it will be done in the future and their site is easy to navigate and use.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

If you're patient and persistent you can find great deals here. They seem to have something for all different tastes. To find my style it takes time but if I find something it is usually for a great price.

Nikki Saint Charles, MO

I cannot begin to explain the depth of dishonesty Overstock.com stands for. I received a cabinet that was $1000. It came in and was damaged. The shipping company told us to refuse it so we did. I immediately called to tell Overstock and ask for a new one. They said they would reorder a new one and would not expedite or give a discount for our trouble. 2 1/2 days later I received a call stating they couldn’t get a replacement top? And I could keep the cabinet. I said wait I ordered a new one two days ago. He said yeah we can’t get you that either. I disconnected the call and called the shipper to see if they still had the damaged piece they said they sure did and they would deliver it three days later to me. I called Overstock to make sure this was ok. I emailed them as well. No reply. The day of redelivery I called the shipper after waiting most of the day to see when it would arrive. They said oh you can’t have until Overstock agrees to it. After many calls to Overstock I was told you can absolutely have it provided it wasn’t destroyed. Great! The shipper was very nice and said he still had it and as soon as Overstock contacted them I could have it. After many calls and Overstock continued lies of saying it was destroyed and He shipper assuring me it was still there I asked for a three way call. Overstock said no problem. I was on hold for more than 20 minutes. Then Overstock got back on and said it has been destroyed. I asked what happened to the three way call? They said that the shipper was no longer allowed to speak to me.! Bottom line they lied! It is there and they deem it ok to lie. I tried calling the shipper but was told he was not allowed to speak to me!!!!! What kind of company is this???? To destroy a $1000 brand new piece and lie continually. Wow !!!! Never again Overstock!!! Worse experience I have ever had with a company. Terrible business practices!!! Update: After I wrote this review I got a call from Overstock. The man said he called to “help” resolve the issue. I spent a long time going over the story yet again. He mocked me when I said they didn’t have to redeliver it. That I would be glad to pick it up. He said yeah you can just pick it up and laughed. Then said so you just think you should get this for free??? I said they offered it to me for free. He laughed. Then proceeded to tell me he was going to look into it and would call me back. It was after hours for the shipping company yet when he returned the call he said he spoke to them.... he said I was to not contact Overstock or the shipping company again. That if I did he would cancel my account?? Not sure what that even means. I don’t have an account. Later in the evening I received an email telling me to stop contacting their company as well as the shipping company or he would take action. Meanwhile, I hadn’t contacted either. He contacted me!!! Today I called their home office. No sympathy to the situation. She justified everything. I asked why in the world would you care if I contact the shipping company if you are doing the right thing? I mean I cannot imagine Victoria Secret caring that I called UPS! She had no rebuttal to that! AGAIN, Stay clear of OVERSTOCK! I have never experienced anything like this!! Terrible company!!!

Dan Sandy, UT

Good for buying small furniture for like an apartment that looks trendy. Good for smaller apartments and townhomes although I have had two deliveries that were damaged and shipping was a bit of a hassle in those cases

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

A lot of the decorations in my house are from Overstock! We were able to buy multiple bookshelves and storage units that look great in our house for a very low price. It definitely added to our home decor and they have great, stylish storage options!

Shante Reeder Draper, UT

I've only purchased a few items from here, but have had a good experience each time. Shipping was fast and easy, and the customer service was great!

Katherine Parrish, FL

Purchased LG Window A/C Unit (refurbished). Same exact model had over 4yrs. I didn't take it out of box and install right away because wasn't using the room for awhile and then temps dropped. Because it was just beyond 30 days Overstock won't stand behind "product that doesn't work, defective out of box." Has power but doesn't cool. Cooling dial defective. Out $189.00

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I love Overstock. I have found ottomans, chairs, bathroom vanities, leather pouf's , etc. I have been happy with the products and the pricing.

Lilly F. Riverdale Park, MD

Love this store for the variety of stylish products! Bought a lot of decorative items for home. Prices are not very high. Delivery is always fast.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

They are always on my list of places to look when I need a new piece of furniture for my home or office. I love the selection and the ever changing inventory.

Dwhoush New Orleans, LA

Overstocks selection was exactly what I was looking for. The price we ordered our dining room table was decent, but it wasn’t anything special. The shipping was fast tho!

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

We ordered a bedspread for my daughters room through Overstock. It arrived in amazing time and was just as pictured. Brand New and perfect for her room. We were very satisfied.

Jami Lucas Eagle Mountain, UT

I tend to have very specific taste so it’s hard to find exactly what I want. I love shopping here because they have so much to choose from and lots of different styles.

fernandopessoa South Jordan, UT

We ordered some rugs from overstock and they have been great. Shipping was fast and items arrived without issue. I always check other sites for pricing because overstock is not always the cheapest.

Brittney Miskin Riverton, UT

I love that there are so many options. You really can find whatever you are looking for. Some things are a little overpriced, but there are so many options you can usually find what you need at the price you are willing to pay.

Jaime American Fork, UT

I have bought several furniture items and rugs from Overstock the past few years. I have been very happy with all of them. Their customer service is great, too.

Beth Farmer Pleasant Grove, UT

So many furniture and home items! You’re bound to find exactly what you need here. Downside is you can spend so much time looking online because of how much they have!

Kirat Society Texas Euless, TX

We always use the Overstock.com which is really really reliable and popular in US society in these days. It will gives us 100 % satisfaction.

Jamie Neider Kaysville, UT

Great place to find area rugs! My house is covered with them. I have been happy with the fast delivery and surprisingly good quality.

Myken Cheyenne, WY

I have shopped on Overstock and feel they’re overpriced. I’m usually able to find a better deal somewhere else. I recently bought a rug from Overstock and a day later found it for over $100 less somewhere else.

LoertscherL Riverton, UT

Overstock is one or our go to sites to try to find furniture when we are shopping for it. Always has good deals and selection

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

I have had good luck on overstock so far with my purchases. They may or not always be the cheapest though. You can get great deals though on rugs and other furniture items.

Christyan Bennett Baton Rouge, LA

Overstock is a great place to get affordable home appliances. I really enjoy getting my appliances for any part of my house; from the bathroom to the living room.

Sara Smith Riverton, UT

Just bought a vanity and it was delivered on time and they were careful with getting it out of the truck and into our house, great service.

Nathan D. Warrendale, PA

I was surprised when visiting Overstock that the prices weren't lower considering the company name makes it sounds like they are trying to get rid of their overstocked items; however there was a good selection online.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Very affordable online store to shop for all rooms in my household. The items are trendy, and I love the love prices! Totally worth it!

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I love to order rugs from Overstock. They have a great selection of colors and sizes in rugs. The rugs have always been true to the description.

Brittany Bray Springville, UT

I have bought many rugs from overstock and have been very impressed. I also bought my husbands wedding ring from them and he loves it! Great quality! Great price!

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I like shopping at Overstock because they have high quality furniture that will last a long time. And I can always easily find what I’m looking for.

Laura Herriman, UT

Overstock can be frustrating for me. The prices you see are sometime snot better than other stores but they are suppose to be a discount store.

Jessica Eagle Mountain, UT

I really like the variety and good deals that overstock has. Ive been satisfied with all of my purchases.

take7 Sandy, UT

Great selection and prices. Delivery was easy and on time. I buy overstock items to update my home or change through the seasons.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

Great store to find many household items. I use the mostly for every size rug....good quality and good prices

Nikki Zimmerman Cheyenne, WY

One of my favorite places to get things for my home. They have so many choices for home decor at an amazing price!

AmyConder22 Eagle Mountain, UT

They have the best variety of home decor items at such an amazing prices. I love to order from there

Toni Baker West Valley City, UT

Love overstock.com IA lot of thing they're specially my bedding this quality and bedding will shop again

Kaydence Bonino Riverton, UT

We've bought a few things from overstock and have been very happy. The shipping was fast and the quality was good. I will shop there again.

Over the years overstock has been able to help me get items that would naturally be out of my price range.

David s Newton Medina, OH

terrable customer service!!! we received the wrong items still cant get everything straightend out. the company is a fraud! charged us for the items, never received them!

MattB , UT

Have ordered several times on-line, web site is user friendly, timely arrival of product, would use again

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

I’ve found the best funnafure for my home from this website they have a wide varity and great prices.