- Projects in healthcare
GE Healthcare Equipment Finance provides custom financial strategies to those with funding needs within the healthcare industry. With over 45 years of experience, GE Capital has found a way to foster a relationship-focused business model that excels in a rapidly changing industry.
Projects in Healthcare
GE Capital has financed projects in a number of varying healthcare markets. Within these sub-categories of the healthcare realm, GE Capital has also provided the funding necessary to develop a broad range of medical equipment, services, and products. While this branch of GE is specifically focused on healthcare, the typical markets serviced include:
- Hospitals and Health Systems
- Outpatient Imaging Centers
- Outpatient Surgery Centers
- Physician Practices and Outpatient Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Urgent Care Clinics
- Skilled Nursing Facilities
Currently, GE Capital provides four different solutions to help providers fund various healthcare projects. Within each of these solutions, GE Capital has the ability to customize the strategies used to best suit the provider's needs. These solutions include the following:
- Traditional Acquisition Models - leasing can deliver the flexibility necessary to manage assets, right size-capacity and drive standardization in an attempt to help providers adapt to changes in reimbursement, industry consolidations, and technological innovations.
- Metric-based - the risk-sharing model allows the provider to expand while addressing uncertainty as it pertains to demand, reimbursement, and technology. This solution is designed for providers looking to add new imaging technology but are not sure that demand will support the expansion.
- Portfolio Optimization and Management - in the even that demand and reimbursement are not as predictable, it becomes critical for providers to have strategic assessment of existing assets. This solutions helps providers develop technology management plans that align with clinical, operational, and financial goals. Ultimately, this solutions can helps healthcare systems reduce operational costs.
- Technology Management - this form of management will incorporate technology service, healthcare expertise, and finance to help manage technology obsolescence and lock in predictable cost structures.
- No loans
- Lack of information
GE Capital does not provide individuals with medical financing loans, but instead, focus on helping providers finance projects that spur change within the healthcare industry. For individuals looking for a healthcare loan to pay for surgeries or other healthcare necessities, they will need to go to another provider who specializes in helping the patient rather than funding the medical provider.
Lack of Information
Since GE Capital is working with providers to fund products, services, and even equipment. There are a number of factors that go into determining the loan type, interest rates, and payment plans, so it is impossible to concretely state what the APR or associated fees will entail. In order to find that information, the provider will need to work directly with GE Capital to obtain a quote.
The Bottom Line
Even though GE Capital does not provide individual loans to patients, they are important to the healthcare financing industry since they supply the funding necessary for providers to successfully provide care to their patients.
While there are qualifications and standards that need to be met on the part of the provider, there are common products associated with GE Capital Healthcare Financing. These products include:
- Custom Fair Market Value Leases
- Tax Exempt Equipment Loans
- Taxable Revenue Bonds
- Technology Management Solutions
- Equipment Loans
- Tax Exempt Revenue Bonds
- Vendor Financing Programs
GE Capital understands that the healthcare industry is constantly changing and providers needs help when faced with their own unique challenges or opportunities. That is where their funding solutions really come into play.