Founded in 2003, Zenni Optical sells stylish, low-price glasses online for adults and children. All glasses (frames and lenses) are designed and made by the brand. All customer orders are produced by Zenni, with several levels of quality control. The factory ships out 7,000 pairs of prescription eyeglasses to more than 80 countries per day.

Zenni Optical offers over 2,500 styles. Customers can shop by style, face shape, color, and different collection lookbooks. They can also browse by fit measurements like frame width, bridge width, lens height, lens width, and temple arm length.

Users need to submit a current subscription and measure their pupillary distance during the checkout process.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Zenni Optical reviews from customers.

#1 EyeBuyDirect chevron_right
#3 Costco Optical chevron_right

The Good

• Super Affordable Eyewear
  • Online Eyeglass Selection
  • Virtual Try On
  • Customer Review Information
  • Customer Service
  • Referral Program
  • Gift Cards
  • Return Policy

Super Affordable Eyewear

Seriously, frames start at $6.95, including 1.50 standard or 1.57 mid-index lenses. With frames, Zenni suggests a common pair cost about $75 with add-ons.

All Zenni frames can either be used for prescription glasses, regular or prescription sunglasses.

Online Eyeglass Selection

While Zenni does not sell contact lenses, the retailer offers more than 2,000 frame styles to choose from. In addition to that, Zenni offers more lens options than some of the other providers.

All lenses have anti-scratch coating, UV protection. Anti-reflective coating is an upgrade, but it only costs $4.95.

Several online eyeglass retailers don’t offer bifocals, but Zenni does. Bifocals start at $17 and progressives start at $27.95.

Virtual Try On

When browsing through options, it is easy to see high quality, 360-degree views of each pair. You can try on the glasses through the website via the 3D Try On feature with your computer’s webcam.

Customer Review Information

For each pair of Zenni glasses listed online, there is a wealth of review information from customers, with pros and cons, sizing, and lens tint feedback. This is really helpful. You can also see several images of people with Instagram photos of Zenni frames, so you aren’t just going by the professional studio photos.

Consumers can contact Zenni Optical customer support via phone, email, or live chat. Phone service is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific. Live chat is even offered 24 hours a day.

Referral Program

Zenni offers a referral program. If you refer a friend, your referral will get $5 off their first order and you will get $5 credit toward your next order.

Gift Cards

You can send a gift card through the zennioptical.com site. You have the choice to email the card to the recipient or to print the gift card at home.

Return Policy

Zenni offers a 30-day return policy, which is great. However, it isn’t a free return. You can get a 50 percent refund (minus shipping) or a 100 percent refund to store credit. Returns require contacting customer service for a return authorization number.

Remember, if your glasses arrive damaged or defective, you may have more options. Be sure to contact customer service to discuss.

The Bad

• Shipping Not Included
  • Insurance
  • Time to Delivery
  • Lens Add-Ons
  • No Lens Replacement
  • Return Policy

Shipping Not Included

While other online retailers include free shipping with the purchase of eyeglasses, Zenni Optical charges $4.95 per order for shipping.

Your order will still likely be cheaper than it would be with the free shipping companies, like Warby Parker or Target Optical.

Insurance

Zenni Optical does not accept vision insurance, although it will accept FSA and HSA credit cards as payment.

However, if your insurance policy has out-of-network benefits, you can get a special invoice from customer service to submit for reimbursement.

Time to Delivery

Most U.S. orders are delivered in 7–14 business days. That means that it can take about two weeks to get your prescription glasses in the mail after you buy them. Most domestic orders ship from California. Most international orders are shipped from Hong Kong.

Lens Add-Ons

Some of the base-level coatings that other online eyeglass retailers provide require the following upgrade fees with Zenni:

• Premium anti-glare coating ($4.95)
  • Sunglass tint ($4.95)
  • Water-repellent coating ($8.95)

In addition to those coatings, shoppers can also choose to add fingerprint-resistant coating for $14.95. This one doesn’t generally come standard with other retailers.

No Lens Replacement

Zenni doesn’t offer lens replacement. Warby Parker covers scratches within the first year, and other providers at least offer protection plans for the first year; however, the cost of a protection plan is more than a pair of Zenni glasses.

Return Cost

With Zenni, it isn’t a risk-free purchase. Even if you return, you have to pay for return shipping, for which you aren’t reimbursed. Additionally, you can only get a 50 percent refund to your original payment method, less shipping. You can get 100 percent less shipping to store credit though.

If you purchase through store credit, you only get a 50 percent refund from then on.

The Bottom Line

Zenni Optical sells trendy, affordable prescription eyeglasses with over 2,000 styles to choose from.

Zennis cost a lot less than other providers but don’t come with the same high-quality service policies, like 1-year replacement for prescription lenses. or free shipping or returns. Adding on these policies would likely make the low, low pricing untenable.

Have you ordered from Zenni online? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.

View Best Eyeglasses Online

4.8

Myken

March 11th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zenni Optical was recommended to me by a girl at my Optometrist's office and I couldn't believe how great shopping on their website was and the huge selection and inexpensive prices.

Holly Brown

March 10th, 2020 Saint Amant, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

cute glasses and deals offered to buyers make getting new frames a breeze and less if a chore

Jakob barre

March 7th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zenni optical glasses are cheap reliable glasses that ship immediately not even in two days but immediately! Great buy!

Erin Glendening

March 7th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very good glasses with multiple styles to choose from. They have great prices, and wonderful customer service.

Jadon Barre

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used to buy glasses for two hundred dollars or more. But now I order from Zenni Optical where I can get high quality glasses for low prices that ship right to my door in no time at all. I can pick from an endless list of fashionable frame size and put in my prescription. It’s easy and fast. I would recommend this site to everyone.

Daisy Ramos

March 5th, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I absolutely LOVE my Zenni glasses. They are SUPER durable, and have been through a lot. They barely have scratches. I will definitely be buying through them again.

Dwhoush

February 27th, 2020 Theodore, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I order all my glasses from Zenni. Their prices are hard to beat! They are good quality and come pretty quick. The site is also very easy to use!

Sage Loveland

February 26th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I Have ordered two pairs of frames from Zenni and love them both. They are lightweight, comfortable and stylish and for the price can’t be beat. A great variety of frames to choose from too.

Lara Leigh Raulston

February 24th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We will never buy glasses anywhere else! Cheapest glasses with higher quality. My daughter has a cataract and it is important that she have a specific prescription and that isn't a problem at all. Love them!!

Brenda Horne

February 23rd, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We always get eyeglasses with Zenni Optical. There are six people in our family that wear glasses and it has saved us a lot of money getting glasses with Zenni. We refer them all the time to our friends and family.

Jami Lucas

February 21st, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my glasses! There were over 20 pairs in my online cart and it was so hard to choose! They are great quality glasses.

Valentino Chanel

February 19th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zenni is a great place to shop for stylish glasses. The price is amazing! I’m a regular customer.

take7

February 19th, 2020 Sandy, UT

Sister told me about this site and I can't believe I've been buying at my local optometrist! Expensive! This gives you quality glasses at more than half the cost. I like that so that I can change it up - frames and look for myself. Great availability and styles. Fast shipping and works for the price!

Angela

February 19th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband and I love using Zenni optical to buy our eyeglasses! The best glasses for the most inexpensive prices! We have purchased over five pairs of glasses between the two of us over the last several years and have loved every pair.

June Cazier

February 17th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Zenni is amazing! We discovered them a few years ago and it's been amazing for our family! We have five kids that all wear glasses, and that can get expensive. But Zenni is cheaper and has a wider and better selection than other places we have tried.

Lacey Horne

February 16th, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Loved that I could download my picture and see what the glasses looked like on me, I have such a hard time picking out what looks good in stores, but this made it so easy and crazy cheap!! Great quality!!

Amy Christian

February 16th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

So happy I found Zenni! Able to get several pairs of cute and affordable glasses for my teenage daughter for the same price I pay for one pair elsewhere. The website was easy to use and quick delivery.

Cumorah

February 12th, 2020 Washington, UT

I loved my first Set of glasses. However my second ended up with a prescriptions too strong. Super cute glasses though!

Patricia Broadus

February 7th, 2020 Moselle, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve always ordered my glasses from zenni! You get such a wide variety for very cheap! Despite being cheap, the glasses are extremely durable and cute! I love this company and plan on continuing to be a loyal customer!

Darbles32

February 4th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a die hard zennis fan. I buy all of my glasses here and they are so cheap that I can get almost 5 pairs every time and they have such fun and cute options, I love it !

Danielle Powell

January 28th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent site when you have a 6 family members that wear glasses. The active teens can get reasonably priced sunglasses, the kid that runs into a pole can get a cheap replacement. It's easy to upload the script and pick the glasses

Madison Kneiss

January 25th, 2020 Mount Hope, WV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Just ordered glasses a few months ago and very happy with my order. I love that you can try them on online and the arrives quickly!

ZORANW

January 15th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ordered a pair of glasses as back-up reading glasses based on Zenni's advertising of quality glasses for less money. The pair of glasses I received are of adequate quality for the money spent. I was a little disappointed that the quality did not match what I expected, however the pair I received are far better than drug store reading glasses. I haven't had any problems with the pair I received, but they don't have a substantial feel to them. Overall, I would probably order another pair, maybe choosing a sturdier frame.

Erin Bengtzen

December 12th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love my zenni glasses, have started getting my kids their glasses here as well. love the style and selection and the try it on options/

Courtney carlson

December 2nd, 2019 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love Zenni. I order glasses here for my whole family. The pricing is amazing! They also have a great selection.

Tom Gourley

November 26th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have purchased numerous pairs of glasses from Zenni and have been very satisfied with their service. Their glasses are good quality and are very well priced. They are easy to order on-line and their photos and customer service are very helpful in choosing glasses. In the few cases where we have not been satisfied with the look or fit of the glasses, they have been very helpful in securing a refund or replacement for us. Zenni offers a quality product, good service, and great pricing.

Martha Gourley

November 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have purchased 7 pair of prescription glasses from Zenni. The glasses always look like the pictures they have online. The prescription has been accurate. They also have great customer service.