Zenni Optical Logo

Zenni Optical

7.6

LAST UPDATED: September 10th, 2021

Founded in 2003, Zenni Optical sells stylish, low-price glasses online for adults and children. All glasses (frames and lenses) are designed and made by the brand. All customer orders are produced by Zenni, with several levels of quality control. The factory ships out 7,000 pairs of prescription eyeglasses to more than 80 countries per day.

Zenni Optical offers over 2,500 styles. Customers can shop by style, face shape, color, and different collection lookbooks. They can also browse by fit measurements like frame width, bridge width, lens height, lens width, and temple arm length.

Users need to submit a current subscription and measure their pupillary distance during the checkout process.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Zenni Optical reviews from customers.

The Good

• Super Affordable Eyewear
  • Online Eyeglass Selection
  • Virtual Try-On
  • Customer Review Information
  • Customer Service
  • Referral Program
  • Gift Cards
  • Warranty

Super Affordable Eyewear

Frames start at $6.95, including 1.50 standard or 1.57 mid-index lenses. With frames, Zenni suggests a common pair cost about $75 with add-ons.

All Zenni frames can either be used for prescription glasses, regular or prescription sunglasses.

Online Eyeglass Selection

While Zenni does not sell contact lenses, the retailer offers more than 2,000 frame styles to choose from. In addition to that, Zenni offers more lens options than some of the other providers.

All lenses have an anti-scratch coating, UV protection. Anti-reflective coating is an upgrade, but it only costs $4.95.

Several online eyeglass retailers don’t offer bifocals, but Zenni does. Bifocals start at $17 and progressives start at $27.95.

Virtual Try-On

When browsing through options, it is easy to see high-quality, 360-degree views of each pair. You can try on the glasses through the website via the 3D Try On feature with your computer’s webcam.

Customer Review Information

For each pair of Zenni glasses listed online, there is a wealth of review information from customers, with pros and cons, sizing, and lens tint feedback. This is really helpful. You can also see several images of people with Instagram photos of Zenni frames, so you aren’t just going by the professional studio photos.

Consumers can contact Zenni Optical customer support via phone, email, or live chat. Phone service is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific. Live chat is even offered 24 hours a day.

Referral Program

Zenni offers a referral program. If you refer a friend, your referral will get $5 off their first order and you will get $5 credit toward your next order.

Gift Cards

You can send a gift card through the zennioptical.com site. You have the choice to email the card to the recipient or to print the gift card at home.

Warranty

Zenni offers fairly standard warranty coverage for its eyewear.

• Zenni will replace broken frames at no charge during its 30-day warranty period
  • Replacement nose pads and nose pad screws for rimless frames are offered for the lifetime of the glasses
  • Zenni does not provide replacement screws for frames other than rimless frames
  • Defects in the anti-reflective (AR) coating and photochromic films are warrantied for one year from the date of receipt

If you think there is a manufacturing error, Zenni encourages you to return the glasses for inspection within the 30-day warranty period. If the inspection shows the glasses were made incorrectly, Zenni will remake them for you at no charge.

The Bad

• Shipping Not Included
  • Insurance
  • Time to Delivery
  • Lens Add-Ons
  • No Lens Replacement
  • Return Policy Conditions

Shipping Not Included

While other online retailers include free shipping with the purchase of eyeglasses, Zenni Optical charges $4.95 per order for shipping.

Your order will still likely be cheaper than it would be with the free shipping companies, like Warby Parker or Target Optical.

Insurance

Zenni Optical does not accept vision insurance, although it will accept FSA and HSA credit cards as payment.

However, if your insurance policy has out-of-network benefits, you can get a special invoice from customer service to submit for reimbursement.

Time to Delivery

Most U.S. orders are delivered in 7–14 business days. That means that it can take about two weeks to get your prescription glasses in the mail after you buy them. Most domestic orders ship from California. Most international orders are shipped from Hong Kong.

Lens Add-Ons

Some of the base-level coatings that other online eyeglass retailers provide require the following upgrade fees with Zenni:

• Premium anti-glare coating ($4.95)
  • Sunglass tint ($4.95)
  • Water-repellent coating ($8.95)

In addition to those coatings, shoppers can also choose to add fingerprint-resistant coating for $14.95. This one doesn’t generally come standard with other retailers.

No Lens Replacement

Zenni doesn’t offer lens replacement. Warby Parker covers scratches within the first year, and other providers at least offer protection plans for the first year; however, the cost of a protection plan is more than a pair of Zenni glasses.

Return Policy Conditions

Zenni gives you 30 days to return or exchange your glasses. However, there are a few stipulations to returns that you should be aware of.

Your first option is to return an item for 100 percent store credit (one-time use and excludes return shipping costs). Additionally, orders that are paid for with store credit can only be returned for a 50 percent refund of the store credit amount used to pay for the order.

However, if you don't want store credit, you can have your refund issued to the credit/debit card that was originally used for the purchase. The catch is, you only receive 50 percent of the refund (minus any shipping costs).

Remember, if your glasses arrive damaged or defective, you may have more options. Be sure to contact customer service to discuss.

The Bottom Line

Zenni Optical sells trendy, affordable prescription eyeglasses with over 2,500 styles to choose from.

Zenni's cost a lot less than other providers but doesn’t come with the same high-quality service policies, like 1-year replacement for prescription lenses. or free shipping or returns. Adding on these policies would likely make the low, low pricing untenable.

Have you ordered from Zenni online? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

Inexpensive Eyewear, with a number of selections and styles. I really liked the feature to upload my picture to virtually try on the glasses. I was able to find the color and shape that best suited my face. Ordering was simple. I just typed in the information in the proper field for OS and OD. The only thing that wasn't on my prescription was the distance between my pupils. I pulled out a ruler and did my best by looking in the mirror.I had several options to choose from to select the right lens features for my glasses. I had two options to select for shipping, it was easy for me to pay securely. I enjoyed getting a stylish pair of glasses that was easy on my wallet too!

adrian avram Tampa, FL

best glasses I ever had-ordered with a prescription that my local store want to make glasses for $40 Zenni made it for under $100 High quality frames and lens-excellent customer service

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

Zenni's glasses are of great quality! There are so many reasonable options for lenses like processions from scratches and UV rays, and they even have blue light glasses now. The styles are very modern and look great!

Anne Sainsbury South Jordan, UT

Zenni Optical has been a great solution for my husband and I. I have not purchased my high-quality frames and lenses on this site, but I definitely have purchased some cheaper pairs (since I have kids and know that they are likely to be man-handled). Despite being significantly cheaper than most frames and lenses, they have help up wonderfully and the prescriptions have been spot-on.

Kamrul Kibria Dhaka, 13

The frame was top quality that i ordered. Their customer service was awesome and professional as well as the price was reasonable. Fast and easy ordering and shipping. I just love Zenni optical.

Morgan Idaho Falls, ID

I needed new glasses and someone suggested zenni. I got on and with my prescription I was able to order new glasses so easily and I was able to take pictures of my face so I knew what they would look like on me. They fit so well and are so cute!

Megan Roper South Jordan, UT

I would HIGHLY recommend Zenni Optical. This company has incredible product for a great price. I have been ordering glasses from them for over five years now and have never been disappointed with what I have gotten. High quality product for low prices.

LTorres Austin, TX

Great frames, inexpensive price. Allows you to make fashion statements with your eyewear.

Crystal Logan, UT

A friend told me about Zenni when I complemented her on her glasses. I was sucked when she told me the price. I thought it had to be cheap glasses that would break for that price but was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful glasses I received. I could buy 10-12 pairs of glasses on this website for the cost of one pair from there other eyeglass store I purchased my last pair from. I also liked the option to upload a photo and try them on that way on the website

Taylor Larson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I liked that they have a way for you to explore glasses that flatter your face shape and I was able to fins glasses that I really liked. However, shipping took a very long time.

Cris I. Orem, UT

I was able to buy 2 pairs of glasses for my daughter for way less than the local optical stores. Zenni Opticals prices make it so I don't have to be as worried about a pair being broken or lost!

Kyle Provo, UT

$7 glasses!!! I repeat, SEVEN DOLLARS! I love this company. The glasses are so so cheap but quality and fashionable. My pair of $7 beauties are still going strong after 7 years.

Bchell Midvale, UT

We have used this company to purchase 2 of our kids glasses. They are amazing priced. The quality of the glasses is so good for what you pay. I absolutely love that I can get my daughter multiple pairs of glasses for cheaper then one pair elsewhere.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

Zenni is the only place I will get perscription glasses for my kids. They are so adorable residual when you have active kids who tend to break them a lot. I even have them for me and my husband because we love a good deal. They are great quality and price!

Amber Williams Salt Lake City, UT

Online ordering is really easy great company and great customer service

Steven Seattle, WA

good shipping for eyeglasses, also thank you for the free consultation, it took some time to ship but it was ok, highly recommend it

Joel Fetzer American Fork, UT

Zenni has amazing affordable eye glasses which is so nice to see! Usually a good pair of glasses costs a good 200 dollars but with Zenni it’s a fraction of that cost!

ang ,

Zenni optical is my favorite place to get glasses for my daughter. They have so many great styles for cheap prices. They are fast and the quality is amazing.

Abby Stubbs Brigham City, UT

Zenni glasses have been a life saver for my daughter who grew so fast it didn’t make sense to spend a ton on frames she would grow out of in a few months. Her prescription would change too, so it made sense to have an affordable option that we could update as needed. The selection is cute and the shopping is fast. Good choice for eyewear.

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

I used to buy glasses for two hundred dollars or more. But now I order from Zenni Optical where I can get high quality glasses for low prices that ship right to my door in no time at all. I can pick from an endless list of fashionable frame size and put in my prescription. It’s easy and fast. I would recommend this site to everyone.

take7 Sandy, UT

Sister told me about this site and I can't believe I've been buying at my local optometrist! Expensive! This gives you quality glasses at more than half the cost. I like that so that I can change it up - frames and look for myself. Great availability and styles. Fast shipping and works for the price!

June Cazier Layton, UT

Zenni is amazing! We discovered them a few years ago and it's been amazing for our family! We have five kids that all wear glasses, and that can get expensive. But Zenni is cheaper and has a wider and better selection than other places we have tried.

Danielle Powell Long Beach, MS

Excellent site when you have a 6 family members that wear glasses. The active teens can get reasonably priced sunglasses, the kid that runs into a pole can get a cheap replacement. It's easy to upload the script and pick the glasses

ZORANW Long Beach, MS

I ordered a pair of glasses as back-up reading glasses based on Zenni's advertising of quality glasses for less money. The pair of glasses I received are of adequate quality for the money spent. I was a little disappointed that the quality did not match what I expected, however the pair I received are far better than drug store reading glasses. I haven't had any problems with the pair I received, but they don't have a substantial feel to them. Overall, I would probably order another pair, maybe choosing a sturdier frame.

Tom Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have purchased numerous pairs of glasses from Zenni and have been very satisfied with their service. Their glasses are good quality and are very well priced. They are easy to order on-line and their photos and customer service are very helpful in choosing glasses. In the few cases where we have not been satisfied with the look or fit of the glasses, they have been very helpful in securing a refund or replacement for us. Zenni offers a quality product, good service, and great pricing.

Calleigh Clayton Lehi, UT

I bought my glasses from Zenni and they came so fast and were so cute! I would definitely buy from them again. Good quality too

Alexa Cooper Provo, UT

Love it! High quality glasses (none of mine from Zenni have broken yet) for super cheap. Cute styles. I want to order more in the future!

david smt North Brunswick, NJ

Here it's so much cheaper than getting the glasses in an actual store in my hometown. Thank you for giving people such possibilities and making our lives easier

Kristen Gonzalez Logan, UT

Just received my second order. Got three pairs this time. Still paid less than the single pair my eye Dr quoted for me. Will continue ordering here in the future.

Wmosmith12 Smithfield, UT

I really enjoy Zani optical for my glasses they are affordable and good quality and I can actually get two pairs because I can afford them! I my Zenni optical glasses!

Mark Park City, UT

I really like Zenni, as a cheap alternative to getting a decent pair of glasses. I have ordered multiple glasses through them before, and I would gladly do so in the future.

TeaSpillin Salt Lake City, UT

The glasses were okay quality but their marketing team needs to relax.

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

The feature where you can take a scan of your face and see how the glasses look in 3D is AMAZING. That's always my biggest fear when it comes to buying frames online- I'm scared they won't look good in person. Really helped when i was picking out new frames recently.

Wendy Park City, UT

Zenni Optical has a wide selection of eyeglasses. The option to take a picture of yourself and try on glasses helps to know which glasses you like best. The prices are just right too.

Swedish_queen Cheyenne, WY

I love Zenni optical!! They are a great company! The pricesare very reasonable! Ive always been super happy with my glasses. Plus I can always order multiple pair because they are so reasonably priced!

Eric Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I got a new prescription for my glasses and I had 2 different family members suggest I try Zenni. I was glad I checked them out. They had great options for glasses I like. I ordered 2 pair at a great price.

Ashley Ulibarri Sandy, UT

I really like the flow of Zenni’s mobile website, it’s a good shopping experience. However I was not impressed with the selection and even less impressed with quality and presentation. I believe they are a little less expensive then other options so maybe the quality is fitting to the price point. Be aware that they do not offer full refunds, iou can only get a full refund as a store credit.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

Zenni Optical was recommended to me by a girl at my Optometrist's office and I couldn't believe how great shopping on their website was and the huge selection and inexpensive prices.

Lara Leigh Raulston Phoenix, AZ

We will never buy glasses anywhere else! Cheapest glasses with higher quality. My daughter has a cataract and it is important that she have a specific prescription and that isn't a problem at all. Love them!!

Brenda Horne Orem, UT

We always get eyeglasses with Zenni Optical. There are six people in our family that wear glasses and it has saved us a lot of money getting glasses with Zenni. We refer them all the time to our friends and family.

Angela Eagle Mountain, UT

My husband and I love using Zenni optical to buy our eyeglasses! The best glasses for the most inexpensive prices! We have purchased over five pairs of glasses between the two of us over the last several years and have loved every pair.

Lacey Horne Salt Lake City, UT

Loved that I could download my picture and see what the glasses looked like on me, I have such a hard time picking out what looks good in stores, but this made it so easy and crazy cheap!! Great quality!!

Amy Christian Las Vegas, NV

So happy I found Zenni! Able to get several pairs of cute and affordable glasses for my teenage daughter for the same price I pay for one pair elsewhere. The website was easy to use and quick delivery.

Patricia Broadus Moselle, MS

I’ve always ordered my glasses from zenni! You get such a wide variety for very cheap! Despite being cheap, the glasses are extremely durable and cute! I love this company and plan on continuing to be a loyal customer!

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I have purchased 7 pair of prescription glasses from Zenni. The glasses always look like the pictures they have online. The prescription has been accurate. They also have great customer service.

Karridy Logan, UT

So good! Every pair I’ve gotten I’ve liked. The website is easy to use and they have a lot of cute pairs to pick from

Greybl ,

They have options for all kinds of buyers and budgets. Love the way they treat the clients . Appreciate this store so much!

James Knight Tremonton, UT

We’ve bought 4 of our children glasses through Zenni Optical. We love the prices and the styles are new and fresh looking.

Daisy Ramos , FL

I absolutely LOVE my Zenni glasses. They are SUPER durable, and have been through a lot. They barely have scratches. I will definitely be buying through them again.

Sage Loveland Los Angeles, CA

I Have ordered two pairs of frames from Zenni and love them both. They are lightweight, comfortable and stylish and for the price can’t be beat. A great variety of frames to choose from too.