Best Company Guarantee Zenni Optical Logo

Zenni Optical

5.8

LAST UPDATED: July 27th, 2022

Founded in 2003, Zenni Optical sells stylish, low-price glasses online for adults and children. All glasses (frames and lenses) are designed and made by the brand. All customer orders are produced by Zenni, with several levels of quality control. The factory ships out 7,000 pairs of prescription eyeglasses to more than 80 countries per day.

Zenni Optical offers over 2,500 styles. Customers can shop by style, face shape, color, and different collection lookbooks. They can also browse by fit measurements like frame width, bridge width, lens height, lens width, and temple arm length.

Users need to submit a current subscription and measure their pupillary distance during the checkout process.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Zenni Optical reviews from customers.

The Good

• Super Affordable Eyewear
  • Online Eyeglass Selection
  • Virtual Try-On
  • Customer Review Information
  • Customer Service
  • Referral Program
  • Gift Cards
  • Warranty

Super Affordable Eyewear

Frames start at $6.95, including 1.50 standard or 1.57 mid-index lenses. With frames, Zenni suggests a common pair cost about $75 with add-ons.

All Zenni frames can either be used for prescription glasses, regular or prescription sunglasses.

Online Eyeglass Selection

While Zenni does not sell contact lenses, the retailer offers more than 2,000 frame styles to choose from. In addition to that, Zenni offers more lens options than some of the other providers.

All lenses have an anti-scratch coating, UV protection. Anti-reflective coating is an upgrade, but it only costs $4.95.

Several online eyeglass retailers don’t offer bifocals, but Zenni does. Bifocals start at $17 and progressives start at $27.95.

Virtual Try-On

When browsing through options, it is easy to see high-quality, 360-degree views of each pair. You can try on the glasses through the website via the 3D Try On feature with your computer’s webcam.

Customer Review Information

For each pair of Zenni glasses listed online, there is a wealth of review information from customers, with pros and cons, sizing, and lens tint feedback. This is really helpful. You can also see several images of people with Instagram photos of Zenni frames, so you aren’t just going by the professional studio photos.

Consumers can contact Zenni Optical customer support via phone, email, or live chat. Phone service is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific. Live chat is even offered 24 hours a day.

Referral Program

Zenni offers a referral program. If you refer a friend, your referral will get $5 off their first order and you will get $5 credit toward your next order.

Gift Cards

You can send a gift card through the zennioptical.com site. You have the choice to email the card to the recipient or to print the gift card at home.

Warranty

Zenni offers fairly standard warranty coverage for its eyewear.

• Zenni will replace broken frames at no charge during its 30-day warranty period
  • Replacement nose pads and nose pad screws for rimless frames are offered for the lifetime of the glasses
  • Zenni does not provide replacement screws for frames other than rimless frames
  • Defects in the anti-reflective (AR) coating and photochromic films are warrantied for one year from the date of receipt

If you think there is a manufacturing error, Zenni encourages you to return the glasses for inspection within the 30-day warranty period. If the inspection shows the glasses were made incorrectly, Zenni will remake them for you at no charge.

The Bad

• Shipping Not Included
  • Insurance
  • Time to Delivery
  • Lens Add-Ons
  • No Lens Replacement
  • Return Policy Conditions

Shipping Not Included

While other online retailers include free shipping with the purchase of eyeglasses, Zenni Optical charges $4.95 per order for shipping.

Your order will still likely be cheaper than it would be with the free shipping companies, like Warby Parker or Target Optical.

Insurance

Zenni Optical does not accept vision insurance, although it will accept FSA and HSA credit cards as payment.

However, if your insurance policy has out-of-network benefits, you can get a special invoice from customer service to submit for reimbursement.

Time to Delivery

Most U.S. orders are delivered in 7–14 business days. That means that it can take about two weeks to get your prescription glasses in the mail after you buy them. Most domestic orders ship from California. Most international orders are shipped from Hong Kong.

Lens Add-Ons

Some of the base-level coatings that other online eyeglass retailers provide require the following upgrade fees with Zenni:

• Premium anti-glare coating ($4.95)
  • Sunglass tint ($4.95)
  • Water-repellent coating ($8.95)

In addition to those coatings, shoppers can also choose to add fingerprint-resistant coating for $14.95. This one doesn’t generally come standard with other retailers.

No Lens Replacement

Zenni doesn’t offer lens replacement. Warby Parker covers scratches within the first year, and other providers at least offer protection plans for the first year; however, the cost of a protection plan is more than a pair of Zenni glasses.

Return Policy Conditions

Zenni gives you 30 days to return or exchange your glasses. However, there are a few stipulations to returns that you should be aware of.

Your first option is to return an item for 100 percent store credit (one-time use and excludes return shipping costs). Additionally, orders that are paid for with store credit can only be returned for a 50 percent refund of the store credit amount used to pay for the order.

However, if you don't want store credit, you can have your refund issued to the credit/debit card that was originally used for the purchase. The catch is, you only receive 50 percent of the refund (minus any shipping costs).

Remember, if your glasses arrive damaged or defective, you may have more options. Be sure to contact customer service to discuss.

The Bottom Line

Zenni Optical sells trendy, affordable prescription eyeglasses with over 2,500 styles to choose from.

Zenni's cost a lot less than other providers but doesn’t come with the same high-quality service policies, like 1-year replacement for prescription lenses. or free shipping or returns. Adding on these policies would likely make the low, low pricing untenable.

Have you ordered from Zenni online? Let us know about your experience with a quick review below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

MY Woodmere, NY

How did i miss this until now. The last time i bought a pair of glasses was in 2014 i paid i think 150$, two or three weeks ago my glasses broke. My wife told me to order online, i didnt think it was possible. Boy was i wrong. I ended up in a rabbit whole and ordered 2 pairs and sun glass clip ons. this is going to be an addition not easily broken

KW Phoenix, AZ

My employer sent us an email informing us that we could get a complimentary pair of safety glasses, so I registered my work email and started shopping for a pair. Their selection was just so-so... nothing exciting and very few pairs that looked feminine enough for my taste (it's hard enough being a female in the construction business... why should my safety glasses look like the guys too?). I finally found a pair that I liked... BUT... Progressive lenses weren't available for them. I searched a little more and found another pair that allowed Progressive lenses... BUT... once I plugged my prescription and PD into their order form, I found out that this pair wouldn't work with my PD. Back to the drawing board. Each of the next four pairs I tried wouldn't work for either my PD or my prescription strength (or both). I wasted an hour on this website trying to find something... ANYTHING... that would work AND still look halfway feminine. I never found anything. AND, to top it off, was later informed that we could only get a 15% discount, NOT a free pair of safety glasses. I'm not sure if that was Zenni's fault or my employer's. AND, now I keep getting emails from Zenni asking if I'd like to complete my order. Seriously?! No thanks!

LAlvey Fort Worth, TX

I absolutely love my Zenni glasses! It was so easy! I've ordered 2 pairs of sunglasses and 4 pairs of standard glasses all using my progressive prescriptions. The easiness of the ordering was amazing as they explain each step. It is great to have extra sunglasses and glasses in my car too. Several family members have ordered from Zenni and all of us have been happy with our glasses.

Laurel Dalton Salt Lake City, UT

I needed a low enough prescription that it made no sense for me to purchase an expensive pair of glasses. I bought a pair through Zenni Optical for $17 with shipping, and years later, the glasses are still in perfect condition. The Zenni website makes it so easy to match glasses to your face using real cameras and depictions. I would highly recommend!

Alicia Mesa, AZ

I have purchased one pair of eye glasses from Zenni and have been fairly pleased with it. My biggest disappointment was that when they arrived, they were not quite the frames I had anticipated in the fact that they were thinner than I had anticipated, which wasn't quite the style I wanted, but I have been pleased with the glasses other than that! I don't wear them everyday, but for everything else, they are perfect! I do love the "try it on" function on the website because I was shocked at some of the styles that I did not like after "trying them on". I would (and have) recommended them to a friend!

Helen Johnson Crow Oklahoma City, OK

I learned about Zenni when I complimented someone on their cute glasses while on vacation. I ordered a pair and love them. They have a neat tool that allows you to take a selfie and then 'try on' the glasses you are considering. Their prices are amazing, and they had quick shipping. My glasses were of high quality. My husband bought a pair of rimless glasses too. He likes them and they came with a repair kit. But with the nature of rimless glasses, we need to tighten them often and the glass in one lens has cracked around the place where the nose bridge i attached. Still, he said he would buy them again. At Zenni's prices, you can afford to do that.

Heather Riverton, UT

I have been shopping at Zenni's but I am waiting for the eye dr visit to complete the purchase. So far, it seems very convenient and very reasonably priced. I have been referred to Zenni by coworkers who rave about the company and have purchased many times from them.

HKorene Robinson Herriman, UT

I think that Zenni is a great alternative to buying glasses from your eye doctor, because it has a much fresher and trendy style overall in comparison to the glasses you tend to find at your eye doctor. I also like that it is significantly cheaper than an eye doctor. For 40$ you can get a base pair of glasses, and a fairly nice pair with lots of upgrades for only 90$.

Sadie Scoville Salt Lake City, UT

Zenni is so awesome! I can't believe that I can order high quality glasses for under $20 - it's incredible! I also love that I can order online and the pictures look exactly like the product. Thank you Zenni!

Aubrey CA

I've used Zenni Optical for probably five years, their glasses are just as durable as those that are 10x the price. I used to pay $100+ for a pair of glasses, and now I can pay $10 for a pair that I use for years and don't have to cry if I break them!

Korinne C Riverton, UT

We've used Zenni multiple times for my children's glasses. I'm so grateful to have a cheap option to find glasses and not feel pressure from a salesman at doctors' offices. I love their selections and it's easy to see what the glasses will look like on your face with the try-on feature.

Brian Cowley Riverton, UT

We have loved the eye glasses we have ordered from their website. They are stylish and comfortable and with the lower prices, you can get multiple pairs. And the website allows you to measure your face and see the actual frames on your face. It is pretty cool.

Valerie Peterson Herriman, UT

I have purchased a few pairs of glasses through Zenni Optical. I loved their prices and selection. Measuring the distance between pupils was a little tricky - I hoped I was doing it right. But when I got the glasses, they were great and I haven't had any issues. They have several options for upgrading or adding different features. Delivery was pretty quick as well. I would definitely just them again and recommend them to others.

Melinda Cullimore Herriman, UT

Zenni Optical had variety of different frames for my son to choose from. He had a hard time choosing two. We received the frames quickly. We love having an inexpensive and durable option for our active son. I have recommended Zenni Optical to friends.

Clay Thurgood Mesquite, NV

I’ve been wearing glasses most my life and it was pretty expensive and hard to find a right pair for me, but then I was introduced to this place by a friend and now I’ve bought several pairs of glasses. They are always fairly cheap and actually great value. Defiantly worth the money I spent there.

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I love Zenni Optical! My insurance covers one frame per year so I always have my doctor write a script so that I can buy stylish glasses to match my wardrobe at a very affordable price. No complaints! Easy to order and quickly made.

Paula Pili Provo, UT

Love it 🥰 Glasses are quality and super affordable! As low as $6.99 I used to spend hundreds of dollars on glasses Those days are over! For the same quality I now pay Only Pennies compared to the hundreds I ordered myself several pairs Everyone in my family ordered several pairs Thank you Zeni! You’re a “game changer” for sure!

Anoushka Ahuja Orlando, FL

Zenni Optical is the best place to get glasses online. It is not expensive and they have so many different choices in frames. I love their virtual “try -on” it’s very accurate. I love to receive the glasses in their green boxes . It also delivers so quickly!

Robert Mott

Man I love this site. They have a huge selection and the prices are amazing. I have several different styles, love em!

Michelle Bray Pleasant Grove, UT

Inexpensive Eyewear, with a number of selections and styles. I really liked the feature to upload my picture to virtually try on the glasses. I was able to find the color and shape that best suited my face. Ordering was simple. I just typed in the information in the proper field for OS and OD. The only thing that wasn't on my prescription was the distance between my pupils. I pulled out a ruler and did my best by looking in the mirror.I had several options to choose from to select the right lens features for my glasses. I had two options to select for shipping, it was easy for me to pay securely. I enjoyed getting a stylish pair of glasses that was easy on my wallet too!

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

I have really enjoyed my glasses from Zenni Optical! I've ordered six pair in four years! They always have a great variety of styles. The only thing I don't like, which really can't be helped, is sometimes the frames don't fit as well as I would like. Other than that, I love the company!

adrian avram Tampa, FL

best glasses I ever had-ordered with a prescription that my local store want to make glasses for $40 Zenni made it for under $100 High quality frames and lens-excellent customer service

Morgan Tennant Shelley, ID

Zenni's glasses are of great quality! There are so many reasonable options for lenses like processions from scratches and UV rays, and they even have blue light glasses now. The styles are very modern and look great!

Cambree Benson Riverton, UT

Love their glasses! I’ve bought 3 pairs so far and each one has been exactly what I wanted! Shipping is really fast, they look good, and feel light and comfortable on my face

CypressH Ellicott City, MD

I got a lovely pair of glasses in a little under two weeks. The price was way less then what I pay at my regular eye doctor’s, even factoring my insurance. I couldn’t find a difference quality wise!

Shreyash Shrestha Herriman, UT

This is one the best glasses companies out there. Not only do they offer high quality glasses, they do not overprice them. There's a wide variety, so you'll find one that you love.

Tara Hansen Layton, UT

We order our glasses exclusively from Zenni Optical because of the value! My husband has loved the affordability so instead of buying one pair, he buys several pairs so he has variety.

Brooklynn Evans Herriman, UT

I ordered glasses from Zenni last year. I've been wearing them every day and they are amazing! They are so much cheaper than previous ones I've gotten and are just as durable. I will definitely be back.

M. Nielsen South Bend, IN

The website is amazing and prices are great, I used it to order a couple pairs of glasses in different shapes and sizes. It allows you to download your prescription and the glasses shipped quickly and fit great

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

I've bought multiple pair of eye-wear from Zenni. They have great, low-cost options for frames that would cost way more in other stores. The whole process is quick and easy, and they even have representatives to help you through it. It is a great company.

Anne Sainsbury South Jordan, UT

Zenni Optical has been a great solution for my husband and I. I have not purchased my high-quality frames and lenses on this site, but I definitely have purchased some cheaper pairs (since I have kids and know that they are likely to be man-handled). Despite being significantly cheaper than most frames and lenses, they have help up wonderfully and the prescriptions have been spot-on.

Crystal Logan, UT

A friend told me about Zenni when I complemented her on her glasses. I was sucked when she told me the price. I thought it had to be cheap glasses that would break for that price but was pleasantly surprised at the beautiful glasses I received. I could buy 10-12 pairs of glasses on this website for the cost of one pair from there other eyeglass store I purchased my last pair from. I also liked the option to upload a photo and try them on that way on the website

Bryan Peterson Herriman, UT

I ordered a pair of glasses for me, my wife and my son. We have loved them. It is so simple.ams I love being able to "try the glasses on" virtually. Glasses are a great quality and cheaper than going to many eye glass stores

MrsT Macomb, MI

For being easily accessible, I rate Zenni 5 stars. The frames are cheaply made but the price tag is cheap too. Much cheaper though than going to a local optometry office.

DogLover17 Macomb, MI

Such a great service! It’s quick and easy to use a script from my local doctor’s office to order stylish glasses to match my wardrobe for super cheap!

Jenni Zollinger Aiken, SC

Zenni is the only place that our family orders glasses. Great prices and we are always pleased with our purchases. Have been ordering from them for over 5 years.

Spencer M Meridian, ID

Quick and easy, pretty reliable. It has a great virtual try on for any pair of glasses so you can tell pretty easily how the glasses will fit/look on you.

Alyson R American Fork, UT

I have liked the glasses I have purchased at Zenni and the price is amazing. I have been able to afford some upgrades to my lenses that are too expensive at other places.

Kamrul Kibria Dhaka, 13

The frame was top quality that i ordered. Their customer service was awesome and professional as well as the price was reasonable. Fast and easy ordering and shipping. I just love Zenni optical.

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

The feature where you can take a scan of your face and see how the glasses look in 3D is AMAZING. That's always my biggest fear when it comes to buying frames online- I'm scared they won't look good in person. Really helped when i was picking out new frames recently.

Morgan Idaho Falls, ID

I needed new glasses and someone suggested zenni. I got on and with my prescription I was able to order new glasses so easily and I was able to take pictures of my face so I knew what they would look like on me. They fit so well and are so cute!

Megan Roper South Jordan, UT

I would HIGHLY recommend Zenni Optical. This company has incredible product for a great price. I have been ordering glasses from them for over five years now and have never been disappointed with what I have gotten. High quality product for low prices.

Bchell Midvale, UT

We have used this company to purchase 2 of our kids glasses. They are amazing priced. The quality of the glasses is so good for what you pay. I absolutely love that I can get my daughter multiple pairs of glasses for cheaper then one pair elsewhere.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

Zenni is the only place I will get perscription glasses for my kids. They are so adorable residual when you have active kids who tend to break them a lot. I even have them for me and my husband because we love a good deal. They are great quality and price!

Abby Stubbs Brigham City, UT

Zenni glasses have been a life saver for my daughter who grew so fast it didn’t make sense to spend a ton on frames she would grow out of in a few months. Her prescription would change too, so it made sense to have an affordable option that we could update as needed. The selection is cute and the shopping is fast. Good choice for eyewear.

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

I used to buy glasses for two hundred dollars or more. But now I order from Zenni Optical where I can get high quality glasses for low prices that ship right to my door in no time at all. I can pick from an endless list of fashionable frame size and put in my prescription. It’s easy and fast. I would recommend this site to everyone.

take7 Sandy, UT

Sister told me about this site and I can't believe I've been buying at my local optometrist! Expensive! This gives you quality glasses at more than half the cost. I like that so that I can change it up - frames and look for myself. Great availability and styles. Fast shipping and works for the price!

June Cazier Layton, UT

Zenni is amazing! We discovered them a few years ago and it's been amazing for our family! We have five kids that all wear glasses, and that can get expensive. But Zenni is cheaper and has a wider and better selection than other places we have tried.

Danielle Powell Long Beach, MS

Excellent site when you have a 6 family members that wear glasses. The active teens can get reasonably priced sunglasses, the kid that runs into a pole can get a cheap replacement. It's easy to upload the script and pick the glasses

ZORANW Long Beach, MS

I ordered a pair of glasses as back-up reading glasses based on Zenni's advertising of quality glasses for less money. The pair of glasses I received are of adequate quality for the money spent. I was a little disappointed that the quality did not match what I expected, however the pair I received are far better than drug store reading glasses. I haven't had any problems with the pair I received, but they don't have a substantial feel to them. Overall, I would probably order another pair, maybe choosing a sturdier frame.