My Patriot Supply is a unique emergency preparedness store headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. They have been in business since 2006; what started out as a company specializing only in heirloom seeds has now become a full supplier of emergency and self reliance goods.

Rank Chart
#3
6.0
#10
My_Patriot_Supply

The Good

This company has carved out a unique niche for itself; it is a little different from most other emergency preparedness companies that we have seen. My Patriot Supply distinguishes itself on a unique variety and fair prices. Some of the goods they carry include:

• A wide variety of heirloom seeds, including a survival seed vault
  • Homesteading and self reliance supplies, such as home canning equipment and kitchen tools for processing a gardenful of produce
  • Survival gear
  • Emergency lighting, power, and fire starting equipment
  • Emergency survival food
  • Water filtration

We also like that this company offers a layaway program as a no-interest route to budget for higher cost purchases, and the streamlined, easy to use website.

The Bad

If you are looking for a wide variety of freeze dried foods, or staple storage foods like beans and grains, My Patriot Supply is not a great option for these needs. The food storage section focuses heavily on full kits containing primarily dehydrated main dishes, which is fine is that is what you are after. Many food storage shoppers may be looking for greater selection, though.

The Bottom Line

This company has general emergency preparedness supplies, especially for homesteading goods and quality heirloom seeds. There is a good selection of basic food storage items, but for anyone wanting to shop for a wide variety of freeze dried staples or emergency learning materials, look elsewhere.

Learning Material

My Patriot Supply is pretty thin on informative materials; they have a blog with a few articles, and they offer useful books for sale, but they do not have a major focus on information.  The blog is a bit difficult to navigate, with unclear labels and no topical archive.  You will not find any printables, lists, or planners to help in your preparedness journey.

Emergency Store

The store is where My Patriot Supply really shines.  They have an unusual selection of emergency supplies that most other preparedness stores don’t have, with a specialty in homesteading, self reliance, and heirloom seeds.  There is a wonderful array of seeds, including vegetable, fruit, herb, and wildflower seeds.  There is also a survival seed vault, intended to store in case of a long term disaster.  All seeds are heirloom varieties, meaning that the seeds can be harvested from year to year and will sprout true, unlike hybrid varieties.

This company does stock emergency survival food, but not in the variety that you might find elsewhere.  Mainly dehydrated rather than freeze dried, their food comes in supply kits ranging from 72 hours all the way up to one year.   There is no a la carte option for creating your own storage plan, and the food is primarily dehydrated pre-made main dish items like chicken alfredo, soups, etc.  There is also a supplementary fruit and vegetable kit which contains freeze dried basic items.

Connecting with the Community

This company does not have any local community connections.  They are present on Facebook, but not overly active.

How is the Website?

We found the website to be very user-friendly, easy to navigate, and simple to quickly see everything the company has to offer.  This is a definite strength; users will not waste any time trying to find what they are looking for.

Time in Business

Address: My Patriot Supply

4325 W 1980 S

Salt Lake City, UT 84104

Other Perks

My Patriot Supply offers two interesting perks.  First, they have an affiliate program, which allows anyone with a blog or active social media presence to make a percentage by posting ads and directing traffic to the store site.  The second is a layaway program that allows shoppers to put expensive purchases on hold, and spread interest-free payments out over a manageable period of time.

X close
X close

2 My Patriot Supply Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

January 9th, 2016

High Quailty product. We have tried several items and were pleasantly surprised. Freeze dried connotates some rather poor old perceptions we had. The new methods must have been perfected since I was a kid.
    Their packaging is very well done and thought out.
    We would rather have fewer quality items than a plethora of choices that didn’t live up to what we have tried so far.
    We got seeds earlier and found he packaging to be excellent. We planted several items all of which had excellent germination percentages. Unfortunately for us the Deer had the final taste test. They decimated our garden. I will win that battle this year.

2. User Score

February 6th, 2015 Pasadena, TX

I love my Patriot supply this comes In handy for my family and I keep up the good work love y’all .