Lds.org Logo

7.6

Providentliving.lds.org is the emergency preparedness hub and online store operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. In addition to selling teaching materials and other faith-based products, the store features food storage anyone can purchase as well as educational resources with an emphasis on self-reliance.

The online store is an extension of brick and mortar stores, referred to as home storage centers, of which there are 101 locations worldwide.

LDS home storage centers are found in Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Wyoming.  Canada locations are in Calgary, Lethbridge, Sherwood Park, Toronto, and Vancouver. Canadian shoppers should be aware that store.lds.org does not ship food outside of the U.S.

Emergency Essentials Logo
#3 Emergency Essentials chevron_right
4.0
My Patriot Supply Logo
#4 My Patriot Supply chevron_right
2.4

The Good

• Dry Pack Canning Supplies
  • Water Filtration
  • Canned Food Selection
  • Bagged Food Selection
  • Low Prices

Dry Pack Canning Supplies

ProvidentLiving.lds.org is unique in that it sells supplies for dry pack canning. If you're a DIYer when it comes to prepping, you can buy oxygen absorbers, dry pack pouches, and food storage foil pouches on this site. You'll also want to check out the two portable, foot-switch activated, tabletop vacuum sealer models. One is 110 volts and the other is 220 volts. The 220-volt sealer requires a plug adaptor, also included in the product listings.

Water Filtration

The store sells water filtration products including a counter-top water filtration system, water filtration bottles, extra filters, and replacement parts for each filter system.

Canned Food Selection

The estimated shelf life of ProvidentLiving.lds.org's number 10 cans is 30 years as long as they are stored in a cool, dry place. The canned food inventory includes both base ingredients and ready-to-eat foods once rehydrated:

• Apple slices
  • White beans
  • White flour
  • White rice

Bagged Food Selection

ProvidentLiving.lds.org sells these foods bagged in bulk:

• Hot chocolate
  • Fruit drink mix
  • Granola
  • Pancake mix
  • Potato pearls
  • Hard red wheat
  • Hard white wheat

Low Prices

The site's number 10 can case prices are astoundingly low, less than half the cost of comparable products. For example, a case of 6 cans of dehydrated apple slices costs $67.50 at store.lds.org. Competitor Daily Bread sells 1 can of dehydrated apple slices for $22.99. For 6 cans from Daily Bread, you'd pay $137.94—over twice as much as store.lds.org's price.

The Bad

• Bagged Foods Not Available Online
  • Limited Entrees

Bagged Foods Not Available Online

Bagged food products, including the organization's popular potato pearls, are not available for online ordering and must be purchased from a local store. This is an inconvenience to shoppers looking to build their emergency food supply from online sources.

Limited Entrees

ProvidentLiving.lds.org is limited in its selection of ready-to-eat entrees, with the exception of its canned spaghetti bites. Top competitors feature a wide range of delicious meal options like pizza kits, beef stroganoff, burger mix, etc., which are great for family preparedness and the dilemma of picky eaters.

The Bottom Line

This emergency preparedness store's biggest strength is in its long-term inventory. Oxygen absorbers and vacuum sealers allow dry pack canning fans to take food storage production into their own hands and the canned food shelf life, ingredient selection, and prices cover all the bases for emergency storage.

Plus, the organization's nationwide storefronts provide local shoppers the opportunity to purchase and even can their own items.

However, it comes up short in the entree kit department, not providing as much selection for individuals and families who want to regularly incorporate food storage into their meals at home or while camping. Also, not all of the foods featured on the site can be purchased online.

With ProvidentLiving.lds.org, it really comes down to what you're looking for. But we can confidently say that the price is right no matter who you are!

5.0

April Jones Tremonton, UT

I have found my family very prepared with the current COVID-19 shutdowns and shortages by filling the guidelines given on LDS.org. And I’m finding ourselves only short of a couple things!

Molly Keogh Ogden, UT

Good basic food storage items are available. They don't have fancy dehydrated meals like some of the other emergency prep stores but their prices are very reasonable and you can buy enough to keep your family fed in an emergency. Highly recommend.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

The variety and cost of supplies through LDS.org is great. All supplies I've purchased through this company have been high quality and low cost.

Amanda Montebello, CA

I have had a great experience with the LDS church and their emergency preparation. There are many different events they host to inform others.

Bethany Simko Pleasant Grove, UT

Amazing at quick responses. Very educated and prepared for emergencies. Compassionate and good at what they do.

JS Alpine, UT

This website has a variety of helpful things. Food storage is just one of the many helps that is available. I love the uplifting feeling I get when I use this website.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

Using the resources on Lds.org you do not need to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The information is free to anyone. The biggest benefit for our family has been the principals taught for preparation. Making preparations now to face whatever challenges that may come our way later. There are food helpful ways to organize your long term supply of basic food items, financial reserves, drinking water, clothing bedding and much more.

Gary Rohrbaugh Payson, UT

Great site with tons of information. They have many links to quality article and information.

Jed Orlob American Fork, UT

Gives you all the tools and recourses needed to prepare for emergencies. This Church is so prepared it’s crazy! Love how they teach you as well everything you need to be prepared for emergencies!

Abby Driggs Provo, UT

Great instruction and detail given with emergency preparedness. Helpful insights and always willing to help beyond temporary matters if you ask.

Melissa Bennett Lambson

I love lds.org. It provides a wealth of of knowledge on emergency preparedness. We didn’t know where to start and this walked us through, step by step. Mixing resource!

Anthony Lindon, UT

The LDS church has been at the forefront of emergency preparedness since its founding. LDS.org provides a wealth of information and resources for the average person to start preparing for the unexpected. I know first hand that they are not doing it for gain, but to help all in times of need.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

There is a great selection of emergency prep resources and food. And the shelf life is forever. Good peace of mind to know I have boxes of food to last 30-40 years. And I love the starter kits and basic foods that they offer. I’m not extremely prepared I can always do better but lds.org options make it feel not so scarey to get started or just have s little set aside for a rainy day. Also the prices are fair and the food is good quality. Very user friendly and full of goodness.

Jen Paxman Lehi, UT

This is an excellent website that gives lists for emergency preparedness. Everything from food storage to 72 hour kits. LDS.org offers emergency aid all of the world and is always offering opportunities to serve around the world and in your own community.

Londyn Berrett American Fork, UT

The products produced and sold by LDS for food storage are very high quality at reasonable prices. We love the dried fruit. Highly recommended.

Customer Saratoga Springs, UT

The recommendations for what to include in emergency prep kits. This has been a great starting place to cover the basics.

Jonas De Olveira American Fork, UT

After all the natural disasters happening around the United States during the last few years, I decided it would be wise to do a better job of preparing my family for one. I checked out lds.org and found it to be a very valuable resource. It helped me to know exactly what I needed for our 72 hour kits and also what would be wise to store as long time food storage.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

We have bought canned meat food storage and 72-hour kit materials from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They have many supplies available to help with emergency preparedness. They also have very helpful associates as well as handouts to help with preparedness. They are my first choice for emergency preparedness.

David Mortimer

A great resource for Emergency Prep. Any question you have about how much food, how long it is to last can be found. Even the estimators for prep is worth taking a look.

Jason Brown Lehi, UT

Their preparedness fairs are extremely well organized and informational. They don't pressure you into buying anything either.

Pasimata West Jordan, UT

Even though the church has other things that they could work on, their emergency preparedness has always been on point. There are so many great services available on how to prepare yourself and families. They also have things that can work with your budget. Very well done.

Abigail De Oliveira American Fork, UT

Clean fresh look, super helpful, helps me know what I need before I buy it. They don't try to make you buy more then you need. As my dad would say they give you the bang for your buck.

Tim Berrett American Fork, UT

The products produced by LDS are very high quality and can be purchased at a very good value for that quality. We love the their dried fruit, and other canned goods especially.

Michelle De Oliveira American Fork, UT

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I have found the resources on lds.org extremely helpful when it comes to emergency preparedness. They have great lists of what I should buy and how much I would need per person in my family. It gives me peace of mind to know that we are prepared (as much as we can be) for a disaster.

wayne sanders Valley Center, CA

this is a go to site for me when making my emergency supply purchases. knowing that the products I am purchasing are a good value for my money is always a plus. there are quite a few items to choose from and so far the taste has been great. its good to also be able to go to the site and get tips an ideas on rotating my stock.

JAKE American Fork, UT

The Church of Jesus Christ emergency essentials/preparedness is very good. They are very organized with so many things. Any time I have worked with them regarding anything like this they have been very on top of things and had just what I needed. They are a great example of what emergency preparedness should look like.

S Suguturaga Orem, UT

There are great resources available on the website and I am able to find what I need as it pertains to emergency preparedness topics or be pointed to the right resource.

Bunney Schmidt Orem, UT

All resources put out by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is stellar and will help you prepare for many different types of emergencies.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

We have our 2 year supply of food storage and more, much of it came from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints storehouse. The prices have gone way up from since you could go in and pack it yourself. It feels a little weird that they are now in the business of selling it to their members.

Ponch Thompson South Jordan, UT

We have been able to assist and utilize the infrastructure the LDS church has to package and send emergency food supplies to devastated areas of the US and worldwide. They have a great setup and we were happy to assist.

Brennan Orem, UT

We love Lds.org emergency prep products. The price is great and we always get exactly what we expected. If you are looking for emergency prep products at extremely good prices go to Lds.org, you won't be disappointed.

Lori Wakefield Orem, UT

LDS.org has a great website that is easy to navigate. The products received are always exactly what is shown.

Brody B Orem, UT

We buy all of our emergency prep form Lds.org and have never been disappointed with the results. Food tastes great and the price is unbeatable. You need to buy emergency prep from Lds.org if you are looking.

Ann Bailey Lehi, UT

I have ordered dried food goods and emergency essential items off of Lds.org. Shipping was quick and cost was very inexpensive.

Erika American Fork, UT

The Church of Jesus Christ emergency essentials/preparedness is top of its class. Everything is organized incredibly well and they are very proficient. They are an example of what emergency preparedness should look like. Its also amazing all the time their missionaries spend volunteering and helping others with service needs.

Laurie Willis Lehi, UT

So many resources & so much information on how to prepare in all aspects. Great resources for families of all faiths.

McKinzie Figueroa Provo, UT

Almost everything that I know about Emergency Prep I have learned through The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They have so much information on how to be prepared for emergencies and are willing to teach everyone even if you are not a member of the church. They can teach you to be prepared for any emergency out there. I would definitely recommend looking at their site and seeing how they can help you.

Cindy Bailey Lehi, UT

I have purchased emergency items and found information about food storage and emergency planning. Great information and quick delivery. High quality and professional.

August Moulton Lehi, UT

I have taken multiple self reliance’s classes and used the website extensively for resource ideas. I don’t know of a more comprehensive program or resource.

Keri Christensen Lehi, UT

The emergency prep from this website is amazing. It is very useful and gives you a lot of great ideas. It is also free so that is a huge plus for me

Lindsey B Orem, UT

I have bought many different emergency prep products from Lds.org and have always absolutely loved the results. We have tried many of the foods and they are very tasty and have good nutrition. I would recommend Lds.org to anyone looking for emergency prep products. Great value for the money!

Valarie Heaps Lehi, UT

I love the resources on this website. They have so many talks and so much information available. The church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints does so much to help and give service. There are so many resources for emergency preparedness, and service opportunities to help during disasters.

BRITTANY RENEE HUMPHREY Lehi, UT

They go above and beyond to help others in need and they offer a wide variety of services that help others prepare for emergencies.

Jeff B Orem, UT

High quality low cost emergency prep. I have tried many of the foods and have yet to think anything isn't good. If an emergency comes around I know I will be eating good.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

the LDS church is what I consider to be the best of the best when it comes to emergency preparedness. they provide more useful information than any other place I have checked. they are also top notch when it comes to help after that dreaded emergency.

Lindsey A Brown Lehi, UT

Lds.org is a wonderful source to learn about emergency prep. I've gotten lots of great information that has helped me with learning as well as a lot of great articles to read.

Evelyn Chidester Riverton, UT

I have found this site to be very helpful in preparing my food storage and just learning what is needed to be prepared. The information given can be designed to help a small household or a large one. Products and food can also be easily purchased at a very reasonable price.

Mauri Brewer Lehi, UT

The church of jesus christ of later day saints has amazing resources for food storage and emergency prep information.

Hannah Thompson South Jordan, UT

The customer service for his organization relating to emergency preparedness is great. When I volunteer the people are always ready to help me and are friendly people who thank you for your service.

JARED J BUCKLEY Fort Bridger, WY

Absolutely love their food! The hot chocolate mix is seriously some of the best. The service is second to none.