Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Emergency Essentials Logo

Emergency Essentials

verified
$100 Guarantee
High-quality, non-perishable food and survival gear at discounted prices

Emergency Essentials at BePrepared.com is an emergency preparedness retailer specializing in all types of supplies and gear for camping, emergency kits, long-term food and water storage, and daily-use food storage. It is headquartered in Orem, Utah and maintains storefronts in 4 Utah cities: Orem, South Jordan, Murray, and Bountiful. Emergency Essentials is an emergency preparedness consultant with the Department of Homeland Security.

Emergency Essentials provides an inventory of high-quality food supplies that have been dehydrated, freeze-dried, and nutrition-protected while maintaining good flavor as well as non-food products that perform well. The company committed to keeping up on the science of preparedness and claims it will not mislead to make a sale or sell something that won't be useful.

The Good

• Product Selection
  • Educational Resources
  • Price and Quality Guarantees
  • Deals and Promotions

Product Selection

Emergency Essentials' online inventory consists of the following categories and sub-categories:

• Food: Entrees and meals, meats, fruits, vegetables, dairy, eggs, cereals, grain, pasta, beans, legumes, desserts, drinks, ingredients, and broths. Food storage items can be filtered by preparation method (freeze-dried, dehydrated, just add water, or baking and seasoning) or packaging method (large cans, pouches, buckets, or storage containers).
  • Kits, Supplies, and Combos: Food supplies, 1-year supply, 6-month supply, 3-month supply, 1-month supply, 72 hour supply, food group combos, monthly plans, and Kim Komando 5-day kit
  • Water Storage: Barrels and tanks, portable containers, prepackaged water, and water accessories like filters and pumps
  • MREs (Meals Ready to Eat):  MRE combos and cases, complete meals, individual entrees, drinks, desserts, and MRE heaters
  • Emergency Gear: Tents, warmth, lighting, power, sanitation, first aid, food, water, sleeping bags, backpacks, communications, tools and navigation, garden essentials, and planning products
  • Cooking Equipment: Cook stoves, grain mills, food processing, and kitchen items
  • Emergency Kits: emergency and survival kits, first-aid kits and supplies, pandemic supplies, and portable food and water

Educational Resources

In addition to customer service representatives, Emergency Essentials employs a preparedness specialist who is on call to answer questions customers have about emergency preparation. It's refreshing to see a company that cares about consumer education and doesn't merely publish sales materials.

There are a number of self-led educational resources that can be filtered according to category, such as recipes, first aid and sanitation, budgeting, etc. Resources also emphasize the benefits of being prepared for any unexpected event (such as illness, accident, or job loss), not just emergency situations involving natural disasters.

The Preparedness Resource Center includes:

• A blog with articles regarding every facet of disaster readiness
  • Downloadable Prep 101 guide
  • Downloadable Hurricane Survival Guide
  • Emergency Preparedness newsletter

Price and Quality Guarantees

Emergency Essentials offers a low price guarantee. If you find a lower price on the same item at a local store or another online retailer, the company will match the lower price within 30 days of purchase! In addition, there is a 30-day unconditional satisfaction guarantee on all items sold.

Perhaps the company's most impressive guarantee, though, is its long shelf-life for food items. Individually sealed pouches and oxygen absorbers ensure a 25-year shelf life.

Deals and Promotions

At any given time, Emergency Essentials is running a number of deals and promotions. If website visitors sign up for an email list that includes survival content and company deals, they receive 15% off their first order.  Each day there is a selection of flash sale items that are available in limited quantities for a limited time. Additionally, there are generally discounted items available within the closeout, overstock, and discontinued sales section. Customers can also save money by taking advantage of group specials, purchasing items in bulk for family, friends, and neighbors.

The Bad

Food Storage Analyzer Discontinued

Until 2013 Emergency Essentials offered an online tool that assisted individuals in keeping track of food storage inventory and in accumulating adequate food storage over time. Unfortunately, this popular tool is no longer available.

The Bottom Line

Emergency Essentials really is a one-stop shop for emergency prep. Its non-perishable food inventory suits a range of budgets and household sizes with options to purchase individual serving sizes or to buy in bulk. Flash sales items circulate frequently and there are always discounted products or discount promotions available.

With over 30 years of experience and a loyal customer base, Emergency Essentials has proven to be an expert in the industry. Whether you are starting an emergency supply from scratch or just need a few items to supplement your existing storage, BePrepared.com is a good place to start.

3.9

Hailey Nilson
January 7th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

The emergency essentials provided are incredible considering their low prices. Also, they provide free shipping which is always nice.

Nathan hanzel
November 6th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I really like how extensive of a stock this store has, although the store didn't have a lot of air conditioning

Mitch Krull
November 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Good products, decent price. Will shop again. Hopefully I get to use one day to get my money worth.

Rachel B
November 5th, 2018 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS

Prices are a little high at times, but overall it’s a great value and the employees are great!

Angela Nelson
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I love Emergency Essentials! I have used their stuff for 20 years and have been very happy with the quality and the value. We have built our food storage and our emergency supplies through their group specials online and also by visiting their store. The employees at the store are very helpful and even provide samples if you want to try something.

Angie L Hanzel
October 24th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

I love Emergency Essentials Products! I have shopped with them for several years. They have a low price guarantee and I have found their quality to be far superior than competitors. Their customer service at their retail stores is awesome. The employees are very knowledgeable and helpful. I would definitely recommend this company to others.

Deborah Hyde
October 22nd, 2018 Springfield, MO DETAILS

This company is good about supplying the latest essentials for emergency purposes. I have enjoyed getting their catalogs and seeing what is new.

Shari Evers
September 18th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I really like how many products are available. I love the long shelf life products since I am not good at rotating through my food storage!

Thomas Hullinger
August 28th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They have a great selection of products that are easy to store and easy to use and prepare when needed. I like that they have everything I need, and I can buy a little at a time and then build it up over time. Good information as well.

James Crawley
June 12th, 2018 New York, NY

I bought an emergency prep kit from them a year or two ago and we haven't used it yet but it looks great. It's small, easily portable and works well in our small apartment.

Amelia Gibson
June 8th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

I have enjoyed using this company. They have great food products that are perfect for emergencies.

H Moore
June 6th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

We've purchased food packs such as their 1-month supply from Emergency Essentials, and we rotate through them, and eat the food as we do that. The food tastes great, and it brings me peace of mind to have an emergency supply.

Suzanna Wootton
December 18th, 2017 Springville, UT DETAILS

Love their products! I wish that they weren't as expensive as they are, though.

Trent
November 30th, 2017 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Associates are very helpful in finding what you need and staying within your budget.

Blake Wilcox
June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

My family and I have used emergency essentials in the past and it's been a good experience. The offer many different options for affordable price. I'm glad that we used this company when we needed help as a family.

Neal morris
August 16th, 2016 Pelham, NH

Avoid this Company Emergency Essentials!! Their customer service is horrible, long wait times, and they don't look out for their customers. You're better off shopping on Amazon

Lisette Kroepelin
June 20th, 2016 Sacramento, CA

Looking at the other reviews this company may have been worthy of a high score in the past but they certainly have not in the past year+. I have purchased from them since 2014. At first what they advertised was what you got and IF there was a problem it was resolved immediately. No longer. The monthly flyers include items they do not have. Their email advertised time limited specials are often just a come on. I check my email within an hour of their sending out the days special purchase offer and way to many times I get the rest of my order but NOT the advertised special priced item. When I contact them they say it was out of stock. How can it be out of stock within an hour of offering it? What to they do, have 10 available to claim they are legally advertising but don't want to actually sell items at the advertised price? It has gotten worse. Now they no longer respond to inquiries. After the first response of we can't ship what we don't have they just ignore you. And let me not forget the item on sale that I ordered, didn't receive because it was out of stock and yet less than two weeks later I see it on their web site at the none sale price. I have an order from April 27th that after a month I still had not received. I contacted them and was told it would go out in 2 days with the exception of the advertised special priced item in the order that they don't have. I told them okay. I was so tired of their way of business that I changed my mind and asked by email a couple days later if it was to late to just cancel the order. No response to that or a follow up inquiry. 18 days later no shipment and the order continues to show as processing. Half the time I never received a shipment notification so there is no way to now the status of this April 27th debacle with out logging into my account. At this point all I want to do is cancel my account with them and I do not feel I can until that order shows "canceled" instead of "processing". I will NEVER do business with this company again.

Mike R.
May 6th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

Are you out of your mind? Everything I ordered was out of stock. These fools sell what they DO NOT HAVE. Their website claims they have over 100 employees but it takes 25- 45 minutes for them to pick up a phone? They couldn't give 2 shits for their customers and customer service act like retards. no empathy, no sympathy, no customer service or any attempt to make it right. I will avoid these imcompatant fools and shop at The Ready Store where they won't even let you order what is out of stock. SHAME ON EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS

John Apolinski
January 29th, 2016 Park Ridge, IL

Having ordered several times from them I am currently having a bad experience with delivery and poor customer issue resolution. It has been 28 days since my order. They have repeatedly given a "having trouble with our shipping software" excuse. My card has been charged but no shipment or followup.

Myk
August 3rd, 2015 American Fork, UT

I have followed Emergency Essentials for seven years. They have truly been a leader in organizations offering a wide variety of products. Their crown was the Food Storage Analyzer, which was extremely helpful in tracking what we had on hand in the event of an emergency situation. When they abandoned that program, for whatever reason, they lost my interest in continuing to order products. Other companies offer similar quality products at competitive prices. I'm jumping ship to work with someone who continues to care about services that are valuable to a majority of their customers.

Ron
July 27th, 2015 Edwardsville, IL

I have done business with them for over a year now, and love them. Good product, and some awesome sales. I have had no reason to ever contact customer service, and will continue to purchase from them.

Karlous Crabtree
July 27th, 2015 Peoria, AZ

Emergency Essentials have the best products at the lowest prices. (I have shopped many places.)

Keith Glass
July 21st, 2015 Fairfax, VA

My only "complaint" is that they tend to run on a "just-in-time" stock model, and on occasion, they get back-ordered on popular and sale items. . .

Robert & Edna Ulrich
July 20th, 2015 Evart, MI

We've been with Emergency Essentials for about 20 years. Not using other company's. For the most part they are good. The product is good. However, in the last few years, they've changed their line, their advertising and availability of product. They run sales for one day and I might get their eflyer at 3 in the afternoon and want to buy the item and it's gone. This has happened several times. Very frustrating. Don't care for their new advertising brochure. The old one was interesting and homey. This one is cold and uninteresting. I used to save the brochures, now I pitch them as soon as I get them after a glance. We don't buy much from them anymore. Prices have gotten higher than we want to pay.

Vikki
July 20th, 2015 Arvada, CO

I have ordered from them for a long time, and they have never disappointed. I wish they would provide more unusual freeze-dried meats, like the shrimp they had for a short time.

Vito Labella
July 13th, 2015 Staten Island, NY

I miss all the freeze dried Mountain House,,,their brand might be as good but it not Mountain House. They have the slowest shipping on the internet,,,

Rocky
July 13th, 2015 Chattanooga, TN

Have done business with them a long time. Always on the up and up. Best out there.

Robert Biliter
July 10th, 2015 Rock Hill, SC

It is one awesome business to shop at or order from

Laura Weatherford
July 9th, 2015 Natchitoches, LA

Awesome service. Great speedy delivery (and I live in Louisiana). I will definitely be back!

Rose Davis
July 8th, 2015 New Caney, TX

I have used this company for years and love everything about them. They do not have any information about local assistance, but as for their service to provide quality products at a more than reasonable price, they are far and away better than most of the other companies I have dealt with.

Gerry
July 7th, 2015 Denver, CO

I wish I could go to the store. I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time, but only online. From the ease of ordering things online, the speed of delivery, and the customer service (i had a defective flashlight I bought, and they sent me out a new one immediately) Emergency Essentials Rocks!! They are awesome. I still use the emergency candles i bought from them several years ago, and the flashlights i had bought.

Patrick Cartwright Jr.
July 7th, 2015 Owego, NY

Awesome! I have never had a single issue. They have always been prompt and friendly when I have called. They are quick to offer advice and answer questions.

Irene Hass
July 6th, 2015 Edwardsville, IL

Have been purchasing from "Be Prepared"/Emergency Essentials for many years. They have the best combination of prices and shipping rates out there. It's a "10" company and only reason I gave it a "9" is they no longer carry some of the fantastic MRE's I was able to get a long time ago, but then, I have my supply so am pleased,

Betty Doren
July 6th, 2015 Centralia, WA

Everything is good. Have had really excellent experience with my orders.

Charlen Carignan
July 6th, 2015 Palatka, FL

I love Emergency Essentials. I have bought from them several times, and have recommended them on several group sites. I like that they are now making their own brand of food storage, more savings!

Rastus McGee
July 2nd, 2015 Atlanta, GA

I have had only good experiences with them , everything has been good, I've even gotten bananas and vanilla pudding from them !