Emergency Essentials

7.7

Emergency Essentials is an emergency preparedness store, specializing in all types of supplies and gear needed to prepare emergency kits, food storage, and more. They have been in business for 27 years, and are headquartered in Orem, UT. They a small, but thriving company employing around 100 people.

The company culture includes a drive to help and educate people on preparedness. They are committed to keeping up on the science of preparedness, and state that they will not mislead to make a sale or sell something that won't be useful.

The Good

• Product selection
  • Educational resources
  • Guarantees

We appreciate the extensive selection and reasonable prices offered by Emergency Essentials. Items you can find at the online store include:

• A variety of food storage options
  • Cooking and food processing supplies
  • Water storage items
  • Emergency gear including kits, shelter, lighting, and communications
  • Outdoor/camping supplies
  • Preparedness related books

We also like the educational resources, and the fact that the educational materials are not merely sales materials. You can find:

• A blog
  • A wealth of articles on every facet of disaster readiness
  • Online community
  • Downloadable checklists and plans
  • Food storage analyzer
  • Emergency cooking and recipes

We are impressed that Emergency Essentials is an emergency preparedness consultant with the Department of Homeland Security. We also like the Low Price Guarantee, which states that they will price match on any item within 30 days of purchase. In addition, there is a 30 day unconditional satisfaction guarantee on all items.

The Bad

• Connections to local emergency groups

The only drawback to this company is for someone who is looking for a connection to local emergency related groups; there is no information in that area on the site.

The Bottom Line

We confidently recommend Emergency Essentials to anyone looking for a one-stop supplier of emergency preparedness goods. With 27 years of experience this is definitely a good choice whether you are starting an emergency supply from scratch, or just need a few items to add to an existing storage.

We also recommend the site for its educational section, which is truly extensive. You will find specific information on what to do before, during, and after a variety of emergency situations.

3.7

Suzanna Wootton

December 16th, 2017 Springville, UT DETAILS

Love their products! I wish that they weren't as expensive as they are, though.

Trent

November 29th, 2017 Lehi, UT DETAILS

Associates are very helpful in finding what you need and staying within your budget.

Blake Wilcox

June 13th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

My family and I have used emergency essentials in the past and it's been a good experience. The offer many different options for affordable price. I'm glad that we used this company when we needed help as a family.

Neal morris

August 16th, 2016 Pelham, NH

Avoid this Company Emergency Essentials!! Their customer service is horrible, long wait times, and they don't look out for their customers. You're better off shopping on Amazon

Lisette Kroepelin

June 18th, 2016 Sacramento, CA

Looking at the other reviews this company may have been worthy of a high score in the past but they certainly have not in the past year+. I have purchased from them since 2014. At first what they advertised was what you got and IF there was a problem it was resolved immediately. No longer. The monthly flyers include items they do not have. Their email advertised time limited specials are often just a come on. I check my email within an hour of their sending out the days special purchase offer and way to many times I get the rest of my order but NOT the advertised special priced item. When I contact them they say it was out of stock. How can it be out of stock within an hour of offering it? What to they do, have 10 available to claim they are legally advertising but don't want to actually sell items at the advertised price? It has gotten worse. Now they no longer respond to inquiries. After the first response of we can't ship what we don't have they just ignore you. And let me not forget the item on sale that I ordered, didn't receive because it was out of stock and yet less than two weeks later I see it on their web site at the none sale price. I have an order from April 27th that after a month I still had not received. I contacted them and was told it would go out in 2 days with the exception of the advertised special priced item in the order that they don't have. I told them okay. I was so tired of their way of business that I changed my mind and asked by email a couple days later if it was to late to just cancel the order. No response to that or a follow up inquiry. 18 days later no shipment and the order continues to show as processing. Half the time I never received a shipment notification so there is no way to now the status of this April 27th debacle with out logging into my account. At this point all I want to do is cancel my account with them and I do not feel I can until that order shows "canceled" instead of "processing". I will NEVER do business with this company again.

Mike R.

May 6th, 2016 Minneapolis, MN

Are you out of your mind? Everything I ordered was out of stock. These fools sell what they DO NOT HAVE. Their website claims they have over 100 employees but it takes 25- 45 minutes for them to pick up a phone? They couldn't give 2 shits for their customers and customer service act like retards. no empathy, no sympathy, no customer service or any attempt to make it right. I will avoid these imcompatant fools and shop at The Ready Store where they won't even let you order what is out of stock. SHAME ON EMERGENCY ESSENTIALS

John Apolinski

January 28th, 2016 Park Ridge, IL

Having ordered several times from them I am currently having a bad experience with delivery and poor customer issue resolution. It has been 28 days since my order. They have repeatedly given a "having trouble with our shipping software" excuse. My card has been charged but no shipment or followup.

Myk

August 1st, 2015 American Fork, UT

I have followed Emergency Essentials for seven years. They have truly been a leader in organizations offering a wide variety of products. Their crown was the Food Storage Analyzer, which was extremely helpful in tracking what we had on hand in the event of an emergency situation. When they abandoned that program, for whatever reason, they lost my interest in continuing to order products. Other companies offer similar quality products at competitive prices. I'm jumping ship to work with someone who continues to care about services that are valuable to a majority of their customers.

Ron

July 25th, 2015 Edwardsville, IL

I have done business with them for over a year now, and love them. Good product, and some awesome sales. I have had no reason to ever contact customer service, and will continue to purchase from them.

Karlous Crabtree

July 25th, 2015 Peoria, AZ

Emergency Essentials have the best products at the lowest prices. (I have shopped many places.)

Keith Glass

July 21st, 2015 Fairfax, VA

My only "complaint" is that they tend to run on a "just-in-time" stock model, and on occasion, they get back-ordered on popular and sale items. . .

Robert & Edna Ulrich

July 20th, 2015 Evart, MI

We've been with Emergency Essentials for about 20 years. Not using other company's. For the most part they are good. The product is good. However, in the last few years, they've changed their line, their advertising and availability of product. They run sales for one day and I might get their eflyer at 3 in the afternoon and want to buy the item and it's gone. This has happened several times. Very frustrating. Don't care for their new advertising brochure. The old one was interesting and homey. This one is cold and uninteresting. I used to save the brochures, now I pitch them as soon as I get them after a glance. We don't buy much from them anymore. Prices have gotten higher than we want to pay.

Vikki

July 18th, 2015 Arvada, CO

I have ordered from them for a long time, and they have never disappointed. I wish they would provide more unusual freeze-dried meats, like the shrimp they had for a short time.

Vito Labella

July 11th, 2015 Staten Island, NY

I miss all the freeze dried Mountain House,,,their brand might be as good but it not Mountain House. They have the slowest shipping on the internet,,,

Rocky

July 11th, 2015 Chattanooga, TN

Have done business with them a long time. Always on the up and up. Best out there.

Robert Biliter

July 10th, 2015 Rock Hill, SC

It is one awesome business to shop at or order from

Laura Weatherford

July 8th, 2015 Natchitoches, LA

Awesome service. Great speedy delivery (and I live in Louisiana). I will definitely be back!

Rose Davis

July 7th, 2015 New Caney, TX

I have used this company for years and love everything about them. They do not have any information about local assistance, but as for their service to provide quality products at a more than reasonable price, they are far and away better than most of the other companies I have dealt with.

Gerry

July 7th, 2015 Denver, CO

I wish I could go to the store. I haven't bought anything from them in quite some time, but only online. From the ease of ordering things online, the speed of delivery, and the customer service (i had a defective flashlight I bought, and they sent me out a new one immediately) Emergency Essentials Rocks!! They are awesome. I still use the emergency candles i bought from them several years ago, and the flashlights i had bought.

Patrick Cartwright Jr.

July 7th, 2015 Owego, NY

Awesome! I have never had a single issue. They have always been prompt and friendly when I have called. They are quick to offer advice and answer questions.

Irene Hass

July 6th, 2015 Edwardsville, IL

Have been purchasing from "Be Prepared"/Emergency Essentials for many years. They have the best combination of prices and shipping rates out there. It's a "10" company and only reason I gave it a "9" is they no longer carry some of the fantastic MRE's I was able to get a long time ago, but then, I have my supply so am pleased,

Betty Doren

July 4th, 2015 Centralia, WA

Everything is good. Have had really excellent experience with my orders.

Charlen Carignan

July 3rd, 2015 Palatka, FL

I love Emergency Essentials. I have bought from them several times, and have recommended them on several group sites. I like that they are now making their own brand of food storage, more savings!

Rastus McGee

July 3rd, 2015 Atlanta, GA

I have had only good experiences with them , everything has been good, I've even gotten bananas and vanilla pudding from them !