Liberty Dental Plan Logo

Liberty Dental Plan

Is This Your Business?
star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Liberty Dental Plan was founded in 2001 by dentist Amir Neshat. Since its founding, the company has earned high customer retention through its dedication to good service. High customer retention is a great sign for those considering a dental plan from Liberty Dental Plan.

MetLife Logo
#1 MetLife chevron_right
Cigna Logo
#2 Cigna chevron_right
3.8
UnitedHealthcare Logo
#3 UnitedHealthcare chevron_right

The Good

• Range of Dental Plans Offered
  • Multiple Languages for Customer Service and Support

Range of Dental Plans Offered

Liberty Dental Plan offers Medicaid dental plans in Florida and Nevada. It also offers MediCal dental in California. Its MediCal dental plans include free transportation for its PHP members.

Health insurance Exchange dental plans are available from Liberty Dental Plan in California, Florida, Missouri, and Nevada. These plans are great for people looking for affordable, comprehensive coverage. They are part of the health insurance marketplace set up by the Affordable Care Act.

In California, a Covered California Small Business Plan is also offered to small business owners on the health insurance marketplace. If you’re in Florida or California, you can also buy private dental plans through Liberty Dental Plan.

Liberty Dental Plan’s plans are typically Dental Health Maintenance Organizations (DHMOs) or Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs). These plan types indicate the kind of network coverage offered. DHMO plans only offer coverage for in-network dental care, while PPO plans offer some coverage for out-of-network dental care. Keep in mind that even with insurance coverage, out-of-network care tends to have higher out-of-pocket expenses for you.

Multiple Languages for Customer Service and Support

Liberty Dental Plan provides information and support in many languages, including Spanish, Chinese, and Vietnamese. Members can also receive help and forms in other languages as needed.

The Bad

Limited Availability

Liberty Dental Plan only offers programs in California, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Missouri, Nevada, Jew Jersey, New York, and Texas. If you’re not in one of those states, you’ll need to look for another dental plan provider.

The Bottom Line

If you’re looking for Medicaid dental coverage, a dental plan from the health insurance marketplace, or a private dental plan, Liberty Dental Plan may have an option for you depending on where you live.

The other perk of working with Liberty Dental Plan is that you can receive documents and support in your preferred language. The wide range of language offerings makes Liberty Dental Plan accessible by many in the United States.

If Liberty Dental Plan isn’t available in your area or doesn’t offer a plan you need in your area, you’ll need to consider alternatives.

1.7

Robin Nonya Pflugerville, TX

Trash dental insurance that doesn't actually cover anything. I was told we had a zero deductible and they would cover 80% of my daughter's dental work. She needed some fillings well guess what. They will after we have paid $17000 out of pocket yes 17k! I said I thought our deductible was zero well it is! BUT This is called and out of pocket maximum which they require before they will cover anything. What a total rip-off. Had I known this I would have added her to my own dental plan they made this sound like a good deal now if I change plans she would have to wait 6 months before they would cover the fillings. This company is a joke and they should be shut down for ripping people off with out right lies.

1 day ago

Colleen Salumn Middletown, NY

I had to give them 1 star cause there’s not a lower rate. Absolutely the worst thing ever. I’ve spent 24hrs on the phone with them. Even did a 3way chat with the dentist and have been denied at every step. Denials such as u can’t get a partial but a removable denture. Which is a partial. Just the worst dental ever. I’m a single mother and pay for my insurance yet have not been able to use it at all. Stay away from this

Nikki Ryan-Ingle Daytona Beach, FL

Absolutely disgusted with this plan and their services! My next step is contacting better business bureau! My 15 year old needs braces. Yes our plan is through medicaid so obviously I can not afford such high cost payments in dental care for his braces. He RECIEVED a referral for over crowding. I called liberty to see who he can go through. I was told braces are covered and that the closest Ortho was over an hour away. I take my son this past Monday to be seen. The Ortho called me today to tell me that Liberty had denied his claim. I call back the insurance company to see what the reason was for. I was told that liberties personal dentist reviewed the claim and because the problems with his over crowding do not keep him from being able to chew is why he was denied?!? You have got to be kidding me!!! So now my child will have crooked teeth because he is able to chew? This insurance company is absolute TRASH!!! Go else where! They will tell you they cover something just to turn around and deny a claim for a child!!!

Cara Velez Orlando, FL

Want to find a dentist?? GOOD LUCK!! They tell you straight up they can't find anything...and they won't help. Their insurance sucks and you can't use it...hope you don't need a dentist...

Crypto Ormond Beach, FL

No one seems to accept the insurance and the places that do will not answer the phone or are closed. It has been nine months now and I still haven’t been able to make an appointment. I know COVID plays a huge factor in why but it’s an emergency. There had to be someone out there that can help me. Out of 30 Dental offices liberty provided to contact only two have answered my calls and they weren’t accepting new patients 😒 That’s INSANE!!!

Samantha Dinsmore Venice, FL

It's a Medicaid dental insurance and it is not very good. Not many providers to choose from and they don't cover really anything.

KACOLE

They always pay, at least they always have paid.