Fresh Start Credit Repair

Fresh Start Credit Repair

Fresh Start Credit Repair is a registered Credit Service Organization headquartered in Corpus Christi, Texas. Since 2009, the company has assisted nationwide consumers repair and restore credit for an initial startup cost and ongoing monthly fee.

Rank Chart Our Score User Score
#1 8.7 8.1 Read Review
#2 6.3 8.2 Read Review
#3 5.9 9.8 Read Review
#42 2.1 10 Current

The Good

• Money Back Guarantee
  • Extensive Credit Repair Services
  • Good Monthly Rates

With Fresh Start Credit Repair, clients can receive the help they need to remove inaccuracies from their credit reports. In turn, clients can see an increase in their credit scores and save on loans. Benefits of their service include:

Money Back Guarantee

The credit repair company offers a 90-day money back guarantee for its customers. If the credit repair company does not remove at least one erroneous item from the client's credit reports during this timeframe, clients are eligible to receive a full refund on all fees paid. Customers can cancel services anytime with no penalty.

Extensive Credit Repair Services

Consumers are able to receive a free initial credit review consultation. Clients also receive extensive credit education and monthly progress updates during the credit repair process. The company also offers flexible payment options.

Good Monthly Rates

Fresh Start Credit Repair charges consumers $99 to set up a client profile and $79/month per individual thereafter. A premium plan for individuals is also available for $139/monthly ($169 initial setup fee) for credit work to be performed twice a month.

The Bad

• More Expensive Setup Fees
  • No Licensed Attorneys on Staff

While the Fresh Start service can help clients get the help they need in removing negative items from various credit reports, there are limitations to be aware of as well. Prior to enrollment, clients should be aware of the following:

More Expensive Setup Fees

Consumers are expected to pay either $99 or $169 if choosing to do the premium plan for the initial setup fee when getting started. This necessarily the highest but many companies offer the same setup fees with attorneys and paralegals available on staff. Also expect to pay a $14.95 fee to pull credit reports if you'd prefer the company get those reports for you.

No Licensed Attorneys on Staff

Fresh Start Credit Repair does not employ licensed attorneys to help clientele with legal issues regarding the credit repair process. Individuals dealing with bankruptcies or tax liens may find another similar credit repair company more suitable for their unique needs.

The Bottom Line

Fresh Start Credit Repair appears to be best suited for consumers requiring extensive long-term credit restoration. The company has competitive pricing. Fresh Start also offers consumers a money-back guarantee if they become unsatisfied with their services. However, there are no licensed attorneys on staff. If this is important to you we recommend comparing to the top-rated companies that have licensed attorneys.

View Top Rated Companies

2 Fresh Start Credit Repair Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

• User Score

May 7th, 2014 Corpus Christi, TX

I paid them for 2 years and I never was able to get credit fixed I spent 1,800.00... when I cancelled I was charged 195.00 in extra cancel fees not mentioned when we started.... They totally ripped me off... Luckily Financial Consultant Services helped me with everything even the upfront cost since Fresh Start totally ripped me off... BTW 45days later we were approved for a home!!! FCS boost my scores from low 500's to 661 avg. and cost a fraction of what I paid and lost.

5 1
  • User Score

April 15th, 2013

I had great results with them. My wife and I were able to purchase a new house at 3.5% apr because of our improved credit score. Went from a low 600 to over 750 in 4 months. Very happy.

1 3