Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Credit Repair Resources

verified
  • Attorney on Staff
  • 90-Day Money-Back Performance Warranty

Credit Repair Resources has been in business since 2007 and brings over 70 years' worth of experience to the industry. The company offers a number of comprehensive credit repair services that include attorney-assisted audits and demand letters and a 90-day money-back performance warranty.

#1 Lexington Law Logo Lexington Law ›

8.6

Overall
Score

#2 CreditRepair.com Logo CreditRepair.com ›

8.6

Overall
Score

#3 The Credit People Logo The Credit People ›

8.2

Overall
Score

#9 Credit Repair Resources Logo Credit Repair Resources ›

5.7

Overall
Score

The Good

• Attorney on Staff
  • 90-Day Money-Back Performance Warranty
  • Custom Action Plan
  • Responsive Customer Service
  • Essentials Plan

Credit Repair Resources serves nearly all 50 states (except Georgia, South Carolina, and Oregon), and provides a number of payment options that cater to customers' specific needs. The Essentials plan features a six-month performance warranty, meaning if the company is unable to resolve all your incorrect or outdated information within six months, you will be given a refund (not including the upfront fee). On all other plans, customers are given a 90-day money-back performance warranty. Also, for cases that extend beyond six months, Credit Repair Resources applies variable pricing on its three most expensive plans. This adjustment can drastically reduce the cost of long-term credit repair.

Attorney on Staff

Credit Repair Resource's lead attorney has over 20 years of experience in consumer law.

90-Day Money-Back Performance Warranty*

*Not available on Essentials plan

Custom Action Plan

Case managers will create an action plan that matches a customer's unique situation.

Responsive Customer Service

The company features helpful live chat and email support.

Essentials Plan

Clients can cancel this plan at any time. This plan also provides clients with personal case managers for individualized focus.

The Bad

• Does Not Obtain Credit Reports from Reporting Agencies
  • Plans Can Get Pricey

One area in which Credit Repair Resources could improve is obtaining credit reports directly from the reporting agencies themselves; the company instead works with other credit monitoring services to obtain these reports. While some credit monitoring companies provide accurate results, there is no guarantee these secondary sources are reporting exactly what is found with the reporting agencies themselves. Credit Repair Resource features some plans that are much more expensive than those of leading credit repair companies.

Does Not Obtain Credit Reports from Reporting Agencies

Credit Repair Resources instead relies on other credit monitoring services to obtain reports.

Plans Can Get Pricey

Credit Repair Resource's Mortgage Track plan costs $349 upfront and six subsequent payments of $99. The alternative is the essentials plan, which may take 3-6 months longer than the Mortgage Track plan, but requires an initial cost of $149 wth $79 subsequent payments.

The Bottom Line

In summary, Credit Repair Resources provides a number of flexible options and warranties to ensure that you are not paying more than you need to for services rendered; however, customers who require extensive credit repair will end up paying significantly more with Credit Repair Resources than with most other leading credit repair companies. Customers should also be aware that the company does not obtain credit reports directly from the credit reporting agencies (Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian). If you are in the market for basic credit repair and want a knowledgeable attorney on your side, Credit Repair Resources is a good option. But if you're in need of intensive services, you may find a more cost-effective option elsewhere.

View Best Credit Repair Companies

4.9

Jason Chilton
October 9th, 2018 Massena, NY DETAILS

Great Company! In a few months my credit score was brought back up so I could secure a mortgage! Thank You Jason Chilton

Chad Kusner Dec 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback Jason, we so happy to hear that you have accomplished your financial goals with our help! It's why we do what we do. Congratulations!

Thomas Hullinger
August 27th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Credit Repair gave me the resources and information necessary to increase my Credit Score back to where it needed to be. They were great for me!

Whitney
July 25th, 2018 Reynoldsburg, OH DETAILS

It's pricey ($99/month plus an initial deposit of $100 something) and the process is lengthy (even if they determine that you're credit clean up will be "express" aka 6 months or less) but I have seen a slight improvement in my credit score and I am very close to purchasing my first home

Chad Kusner Dec 11, 2018

Thanks for the feedback Whitney, we appreciate it and happy to hear you are closer to your goal! We work hard to provide the best possible service at an affordable price. Unfortunately due to the statute of limitations on investigations, the process can take time. We do everything we can to complete the process in 6 months our less.

Gena Miller
May 3rd, 2018 Cleveland, OH DETAILS

They were extremely professional. They were always following up with me on the status of my account. They helped me clean up my credit within a short period of time. Well worth the money.

Chad Kusner Dec 11, 2018

Thank you for the feedback Gena, we appreciate it and happy to hear you are pleased with our servicing!

david morris
March 7th, 2018 Cuyahoga Falls, OH DETAILS

Great people very professional help me really turn my credit around to where I was able to finance a mortgage and get into a house thank you so much for all the professionalism and the genuine help that I received from everyone there at credit resource repair

Chad Kusner Dec 11, 2018

Thanks for the feedback David, we appreciate it. We're so happy you were able to accomplish your goals with our help! This is why we do what we do!

Amadio
January 11th, 2018 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

Credit Repair Resources did an amazing job handling some blemishes on my record. They were very kind courteous and quick to respond to any and all questions. Top notch customer service. I recommend them to anyone who needs to get back on their feet with their credit score.

Chad Kusner Dec 11, 2018

Thank you for the kind words Amadio, we appreciate your feedback. It's our goal to exceed our client's expectations and I am happy to hear you our pleased with our servicing.

Taylor
September 18th, 2017 Beachwood, OH

I was trying to buy a house and was referred by my realtor to Credit Repair Resources because my credit score was on the low side. I am very pleased with the service I received! Not only was their customer service responsive they were knowledgeable. They treated me like a person and didn't make me feel badly about my situation. Once they fixed my credit report I was able to qualify to buy my house. The entire process was explained to me and I knew what to expect.

Chad Kusner Dec 11, 2018

Hi Taylor, thank you for the feedback and kind words. We are so happy you are pleased with the results and even happier that you accomplished your goal of owning a home.

Mark Hammond
August 31st, 2017 Tomball, TX

I have worked with them for several years, and all of my clients have been happy. They deliver great service.

Bob Eckman
August 31st, 2017 Cypress, TX

This is by far the best customer service that i have ever received from any type of service company. They were professional, friendly, and always seemed like they were one step ahead. I recommend anyone that needs help with their credit talk to Chad K and Credit Repair Resources!

Robert N Szalay
August 31st, 2017 Owensboro, KY

I have been a Mortgage Banker for over 15 years. I have dealt with many companies, that say we can help you increase your business. Most after 60 days fizzle out. Broken promises, and terrible service. Dealing with Chad and his team at CRR, has been a renewal of hope that someone actually can deliver what they promise. Not only have they increased my business. But by helping my customer qualify for their dream home. They have helped me build strong relationships, that bring increased referrals. With a weekly updates on my files, it gives me free time to do what I do best. Which is talking and selling new clients. I love receiving my "thank you letters" from CRR. But honestly, I should be thanking them. My name is Robert N. Szalay Branch Manager at Cross Country Mortgage. I am a CRR Customer/Client/Friend for life.

Jeffrey Richard
August 31st, 2017 Brunswick, OH

Credit Repair Resources was simply amazing. They delivered for me and my family.

Janelle Viscomi
August 31st, 2017 Tomball, TX

I am a loan officer and I have several clients at any time that are in need of credit repair. Credit Repair Resources has always taken great care of our clients. They not only help them raise their credit scores, they provide helpful tools to keep their credit on track. I would recommend Credit Repair resources to anyone (and I do often!)

Jason Lukasik
August 29th, 2017 Independence, OH

I have been working with Chad K and CRR for several years and can honestly say I would recommend them to anyone that needs help correcting their credit. He has helped change peoples lives with his service. The companies communication is nothing less then perfect. 100% satisfaction from me and my borrowers that I refer to him.

Albert Gayle
May 24th, 2016 Woodbridge, VA

When we decided to use CRR, we completed many of the credit repair actions ourselves to improve our score with the three credit bureaus. We knew what needed to be worked on to improve our score from attending self credit repair classes and reading available information. During our first interview, we identified what needed to be worked on first and we followed up with an email identifying the priority to focus on to include forwarding supporting documents for our disputes. The main priority that we identified requiring action first is still on our credit report after six months with CRR. We feel that we were not heard during the initial interview or the initial email we sent. We are not satisfied with the overall credit repair process and our last follow up was late and not conducted. Therefore, we decided to end services with CRR. We are disappointed in the service provided and we ended up coming behind CRR to perform actions that should have been completed several months ago on our behalf which is why we rate them a two. I responded to the President's request for feedback twice before posting this review and a third time today.

Megan
May 24th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

My husband and I are very pleased with the work you have done. Actualy we have aproved for a mortgage! We no longer need your services, and would like to close our account. Thankyou for helping us achieve our dream. Megan M.

Michele
May 24th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

Chad The W's just closed on their home thanks to you all. Their scores popped in about 35 days! Thanks, Michele

Jamie
May 24th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

You guys did a great job. At this time I do not show any negative reports on my credit and I have a 737 credit score I think I'm in a direction I need to be This was less than 2 month turn around from a 606 score to a 737. In fact I have refinance my auto loan and lowered my ingest rate from 5.99% to a 2.99 % and the home we are purchasing interest dropped as well.

Dawn and Sean
May 24th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

We got our dream home! Thanks to you, We couldn't of got it with out you. Thank you so much! Dawn/Sean

Thomas
May 24th, 2016 Cleveland, OH

My credit needed improvement and I was very satisfied with your service. My credit score increased over 100 points! Your staff was very professional and prompt in returning my calls and answering my questions. I would highly recommend your company to anyone who needs help. Thomas

Mike
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

You and your team did an amazing job at helping my wife and I get our credit back in good standing. It was truly a great experience from start to finish. Everything was well communicated. We are very happy with the experience.

Charity
April 7th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

I really loved how your group was able to fulfill all that you have promised and I am very greatful for that. I do however feel communication can fall short some times. I also noticed that attention to details were not there as well. There were several times when I had to tell someone to check my file because the were saying they didn't receive a document that I did in fact sent. There is an employee whom I feel went above and beyond for me. Kristen was absolutely the best in helping me resolve my issue even when it was time to go home. I think an employee's like that are what helps your company thrive and let's people know that u are not just a name on a paper but you are a person that matters. Thank you everyone for everything you have done. Most of all thank you for being so patient with me.

Lydia
April 7th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

I'm very satisfied and pleased with the results we have been getting with my credit scores and everyone has been very nice thank you so much. Lydia ☺

David
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

I wanted to personally thank you for helping us with David's credit. You guys came through and because of this we were able to successfully buy our house. I appreciate everything that the team has done and I have been recommending Credit Repair Resource to all my friends.

Evelio
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

I will say that I was very pleased with the service I was provided, the guidance and the overall work ethic displayed by all involved in my case. Thank you CRR and ironically I say, “Hope I never need you guys again”. LOL!!! However, if I do, it is nice to know that there are people out there like CRR willing to help.

Janelle
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

Hi guys, just wanted to let you know we had another credit repair success story close on a new home! The clients closed today!! Thank you all for the hard work! We appreciate you! Janelle

Barry
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

This journey that you & I have taken to restore my credit has been a tremendous burden lifted on myself. I really appreciate all that you have done for me. I would like to commend your staff and the entire way you have accomplished this task. At one time, I never would have thought this could be completed. But all of you have proved me wrong. Thanks Again, Barry

Kelly
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

As usual great job today! This business and the intricacies of it (especially your field) fascinates me still after 23 years. You do a tremendous job. I think you truly need to do – DON'T LAUGH…..an infomercial! I have been to 3 of your courses now over the past few years, always wanted to learn the latest in this area, as so much of my business is counseling. I particularly am called a credit counselor by many agents, as I spend so much time for clients, knowing that it will pay off in the end. I'm no competitor, believe me, I do not do what you do, but use the same knowledge at least to educate. I always look for areas for any networking growth, and I think you should have meetings with the RETAIL side of the Bank in the area of the product we have through Identity Alert and partner with your company. All of our branches push this product, and offer the PC education for the credit piece, so we have the branch knowledge of how our system works to get, review and simulate credit, and then your information should be given for those that are using this program to enhance or build credit. If interested I can get you in touch with the right people. And then, I still think you should do an infomercial. Every borrower on earth should hear what you had to say today, and then some. We all learned and thought about our own credit while doing so, as will the “viewers”.

Kevin
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

Very professional and effective service. The staff is results-driven and could not have been more helpful. Thanks CRR for such a positive experience!

Deborah
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

I would like to give a big Thank you to the Credit Repair staff such wonderful pleasant people to work with!!!And thank you all for helping me reach my goal of being debt free and now I am signing papers on my new home God Bless you all and Thank You. I`m even sleeping better at night no more debt hanging over my head!!! :D Deborah C

Angel
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

We spoke with Steve last night and he was very happy with our current standings and we've decided to move forward with the financing for the home and would like to put our case with you on hold until we've completed this process. Joshua and I can't thank your program enough for the services you've provided that have helped us reach this point which seemed so impossible only six months ago. Thank you and we will most definitely be referring you to others in our situation. Angel

Dave
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

I'd like to thank you for the wonderful experience and credit restoration process you provided me. My credit score has gone up and eliminated many derogatory items on my credit report. I have and been able to lease a car and a obtain multiple unsecured credit cards. My cost of borrowing will be greatly decreased in the future and the items alone that were deleted paid for the cost of the service ten times over. I'd like to thank you once again for helping me restore my credit. I'd be happy to refer any friends or family to you.

Margaret
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

Your service was WONDERFUL!

John
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

Thank you for all your professional help in raising my credit score substantially, resolving outstanding issues, and your courteous and friendly service. May you all have a wonderful and successful New Year!! John

Kathy H.
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

Your service was rather easy to use ,and definitely improved my scores. Thank You. I would readily recommend you to anyone that needed help getting their credit under control and back on the right track. Thank You. , Kathy H

Janelle
May 24th, 2016 Beachwood, OH

Chad, I have always enjoyed working with all of you at Credit Repair Resources. Not only do you help raise our clients credit scores so they can purchase new homes, you help give them tools and the knowledge to keep their credit scores high. Our most recent CRR success closed on her new home on 10/18/13. Thank you again for your professionalism and hard work! We will continue to refer our clients to CRR and I know without a doubt that they will be getting the best service in the industry. Janelle Moore C&T Mortgage

Thelma
November 13th, 2013 Beachwood, OH

I was so emotional with tears of joy, until I could not call you to say, "Thank you." Please express my sincerest gratitude to Bob, Sean and Chad. You guys are the best. I really appreciate your support, as I am in the process of getting my Visa Card to move forward.

Tia
October 22nd, 2013 Beachwood, OH

Yes, Thank you. I could not have done it without Credit Repair Resources. I was able to repair my credit and close on my house in less than a year. Tia

Lindsay Conrad
November 7th, 2013 Beachwood, OH

The cost is reasonable and Sean just took a borrower from 541 to a 644. After talking with the borrower, he was very happy with service and thanked me for putting him in contact with Sean. With the updated market conditions and criteria change from the mail Sean is a good contact to have. Just thought I would share with you.

Nora
October 2nd, 2013 Beachwood, OH

I just wanted to let you know I am very pleased with the help and guidance to restore the errors on my credit report and as a result about two months later I was able to purchase a new home. I really appreciate the help I receive from CRR. Thanks, Nora

Victor
June 11th, 2013 Beachwood, OH

Credit Repair Resources is by far the best credit repair company I have used and worked with and I have used a few. They are fast, they update you through every step/stage in the process and they really do bring the credit scores up to help buyers purchase or refinance their homes. I've personally closed at least 5 deals in the past 12months, thanks to CRR helping me improve my borrowers credit. I Highly recommend using them. Victor Loan officer at Crosscountry Mortgage