1. Clean Slate Credit Solutions

Clean Slate Credit Solutions has been in business since 2010 and provides credit repair solutions with no immediate upfront costs or monthly fees.

The New Jersey-based company has an A+ BBB rating and strives to provide credit repair education to its customers in order for them to maintain good credit in the future.

In addition to the removal of negative items, Clean Slate Credit Solutions’ customers will receive the following and more when they sign up for credit repair services:

• Monthly phone calls to discuss account progress
  • 24/7 access to a secure online portal
  • Access to a private Facebook group with credit education tips
  • Assistance with building good credit

It's important to note that Clean Slate Credit Solutions can be a more expensive alternative than some companies. Fortunately, customers can choose to cancel services at any time.

Read on to learn more about Clean Slate Credit Solutions and to read verified customer reviews

#1 Lexington Law chevron_right
#2 CreditRepair.com chevron_right
3.9
#3 The Credit People chevron_right

The Good

• Cancel Anytime
  • Online Transparency
  • No Monthly Credit Repair Fees

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is very upfront about what fees are associated with its services, and when clients can expect these fees to be assessed to their accounts.

Some negative items, such as personal information discrepancies and late credit payments, will be resolved free of charge, while other fees will cost between $50 and $100.

The company offers an initial free credit report consultation that will help determine if the client needs assistance with credit building, debt settlement, debt consolidation, student loan consolidation, applying for an auto loan or mortgage, or refinancing an auto loan or mortgage.

Cancel Anytime

Clean Slate Credit Solutions’ services can be canceled at any time with no additional cost or payments associated with the termination of the services.

In addition, Clean Slate Credit Solutions offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee if a customer cancels the Clean Slate credit program within the first three months.

Online Transparency

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is upfront with the associated costs and term requirements. The company’s website also discloses what it provides clients who choose its credit repair services.

Clean Slate Credit Solutions will do the following for those who sign up for its credit repair services:

• Conduct credit report consultations to determine customers’ credit file situations
  • Work with credit bureaus as well as creditors and collection agencies on behalf of customers
  • Send customized disputes
  • Provide access to credit counselors
  • Offer advanced credit repair education to ensure long-term success

The credit repair company also states on its website that it works to remove several different types of negative items including personal information, student loan consolidation, late payments, inquiries, collection accounts, charge-offs, and public records.

No Monthly Credit Repair Fees

While many credit repair companies charge a monthly fee for their services, Clean Slate Credit Solutions does not require monthly payments.

This means that consumers looking to improve their credit scores will only be paying for services rendered: a fee for the initial audit, as well as smaller fees for each individual negative item removed from their credit reports.

Because Clean Slate Credit Solutions is not a subscription service like other credit repair companies, customers who are not pleased with the company’s credit score restoration services are free to cancel at any time without needing to pay the remainder of a monthly subscription balance.

The Bad

• Unpaid Balance Fees
  • Credit Monitoring Sign Up Required
  • High Initial Audit Fee

In addition to a high audit fee, repair fees, and monthly unpaid balance fees, customers will also be required to enroll in credit monitoring with CreditScoreForMe.com within five days of signing up with Clean Slate Credit Solutions.

While the initial credit monitoring fee is only $1 for the first 30 days, customers will be required to pay $19.99 each month until their bad credit has been repaired.

Unpaid Balance Fees

Potential customers should be aware that there can be fees associated with an unpaid balance on top of all of the other Clean Slate credit program costs.

Credit Monitoring Sign Up Required

Clean Slate Credit Solutions requires customers to start paying for a credit monitoring service in addition to paying for the company’s credit repair services.

High Initial Audit Fee

Although Clean Slate Credit Solutions does not assess a monthly fee for its credit repair services, the company does charge a rather high enrollment fee of $197.

Customers may also have to deal with a number of additional fees not directly related to repairing their bad credit.

The Bottom Line

In general, the New Jersey-based credit repair company has been provided solid credit repair services since 2010.

With Clean Slate Credit Solutions, customers will only have to pay for the negative items that are removed from their credit reports.

Customers will also be able to obtain a free consultation, access to a client portal, monthly phone calls to discuss credit progress, assistance with credit building, access to credit education tools, and more.

Overall, Clean Slate Credit Solutions operates at a level of online transparency that many more well-established credit repair companies do not.

Customers are given an accurate expectation of how much they'll be required to pay for Clean Slate Credit Solutions' repair services.

Unfortunately, with so many fees and conditions that come with an account, customers may be required to pay a great deal more with Clean Slate Credit Solutions than they would with other credit repair companies.

Luckily, customers can choose to cancel services at any time. Those who cancel services within the first 180 days will be eligible for a money-back guarantee.

If you are interested in learning more about Clean Slate Credit Solutions, you may want to consider signing up for a free consultation, visiting the company’s website, and reading several Clean Slate Credit Solutions reviews.

View Best Credit Repair Companies

5.0

Nicole Gomez

March 1st, 2013 Charlotte, NC

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is a great company! They most definitely can pull my credit report and let me know of any discrepancies. Jose is really approachable and extremely nice to work with. He sure is a great help!

Erin

March 1st, 2013 Monmouth Beach, NJ

We have nothing but excellent things to say about Clean Slate Credit Solutions. Jose is professional, curteous and dedicated to making his customers' dreams come true. There is no confusion about this company, they are honest and up front, tell you what can be done for your credit and charges accordingly. Couldn't ask for more!

Juan Ramos

March 1st, 2013 Matawan, NJ

The reason I chose Clean Slate Credit Solutions among other credit service companies was because of their guarantee policy. Also, because in a time where I don't have the time, they pulled my credit reports from all 3 bureaus at no charge and I truly could not be happier with this company, their services and their results!

Wanda Ramos

March 1st, 2013 Matawan, NJ

I am a very happy client of the service provided by Clean Slate Credit Solutions. It's too bad that the rating only allows for a 10 otherwise, I would rate them HIGHER! I didn't have to go through the agony to obtain my own credit report from each credit bureau. Clean Slate Credit Solutions did that for me and at NO CHARGE! They also have a guarantee policy which is only offered by companies that are confident with their delivery of positive results and CLEAN SLATE CREDIT SOLUTIONS has the confidence, guarantee and proven records of great service with exceptional results!

Nikkole O

March 1st, 2013 Toms River, NJ

Clean Slate has done amazing things for my husband and I to get where we need to be to get approvals. They are highly knowledgable of anything that can ruin & or help credit repair. They go above an beyond to answer any questions. They pulled our credit reports for free and went step by step to cleaning everything up. Even going the extra mile to call debt collectors. We will always recommend Clean Slate!

Vanessa dasilva

March 1st, 2013 Hillsborough, NJ

At first I was a little scared because I wasn't sure if it was real or not. I contacted them an the reassured me that it was 100% real an they made me feel secure. They took the time out to talk to me an explain everything to me. They helped me out a lot an I recommend them to everyone that is I'm the same position as me or worse they pulled my credit report up for free an they explaine everything every step of the way . They give you a user name an password so u can see what is happening to your credit I love them an they are amazing!!!!!!

Candy B.

March 1st, 2013 Asbury Park, NJ

I'm pleased 100% with clean slate credit solutions. Not only put me back on track but also helped me boost up my credit score in a way i never thought it could be. They always point that my services are guaranteed. Thank you Clean slate!!!!!

ray d

March 1st, 2013 Warwick, NY

I want to set the record straight! Cleanslate is by far one of the best companys that i have worked with. Jose goes above and beyond to get your credit report and go over everything that is on it and explains how he will be going to get things off your report.And there is NC for getting your report (yes thats right its free) He only charges for what he gets removed (by the way that is a very reasonable rate) I have given Jose's name and ## to friends and family and have no doubt that they will help them also in my eyes cleanslate is a 10+ company

Kameron Wade

March 1st, 2013 Huntington Beach, CA

I use to feel as if I was a prisoner due to my credit and prior misuse of my finaces. Clean Slate helped me out of that situation and has educated me on how not to return back to those negative standings. THANK YOU CLEAN SLATE!

Jim D

March 1st, 2013 Medford, NY

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is a relatively new company. In that regard, they have not outgrown themselves and take very good care of each and every client whose trust they have earned. Yes, they pulled my credit reports without charging me, but it was with MY permission to do so. I am happy with the results so far and applaud their efforts in helping you understand where I might improve through emails and informative newsletters. Lastly, you mentioned that Clean Slate does NOT offer any guarantees, yet the following was copied directly from their website: "Clean Slate Credit Solutions cannot promise you that we can delete any negative items from your credit report. Our Clients are covered under our 90-day money back guarantee. If we are unable to remove any items on your credit report within ninety (90) days, we will give you a full refund for any monthly fees you have paid. We can also guarantee you that the only deletion fees you will be charged are for the items that are deleted from your credit report." They are working hard to help those of us who got into a little trouble with this economy. It's difficult enough to start a business in these times, so please check your facts before skewing others away from finding the help they need in Clean Slate Credit Solutions.

Kara

March 1st, 2013 Old Bridge, NJ

Clean Slate was such a HUGE help to me. This is a man who owns a company who actually gives a [email protected]$ about his clients !!!! I have had a hard life.. But Jose helped me get my life back. He was the first person to give a shit about me and help me get my credit back... I do , and always will appreciate him. He works TIRELESSLY DAY AND NIGHT FOR HIS CLIENTS. Who the hell does that anymore ?! It's nice to know that Jose does . ... And he is a family guy. Trust me! And I don't trust anyone.... ;). Love Clean Slate!!! FOREVER GREATFUL <3 Kara S.

Jennifer Rodriguez

March 1st, 2013 Ardsley, NY

Clean Slate Credit Solutions is a great company that's been doing a great job trying to get me back on track with my credit standing.... The gentleman that worked with me was very helpful in pulling my credit report and going over some questions I had about some things on it. Clean Slate was recommended to me by many people, and from my own experience o far, I will also continue to recommend their services to my friends and family.

Jennifer E

March 1st, 2013 Anderson, IN

I am so incredibly happy with th services provided to me by Clean Slate Credit Solutions... I went to them after a close friend of mine sky rocketed his credit and they did the same for me!! I have only ever paid for repaired or deleted items, that IS a guarantee!! I have recommended them to my friends and family because it's one of the best financial moves I have ever made. *** they were able to provide me with my credit report free of charge!!

Leah

March 1st, 2013 River Edge, NJ

I am also a customer of Clean Slate Credit Solution and they are great. They did in fact pull my credit report, with my authorization and they absolutely have a money back guarantee that is clearly posted on their website as well as on all documentation. I am extremely pleased with Clean Slate Credit Solutions!

Danette

March 1st, 2013 Bayville, NJ

My experience with clean slate credit solutions has been excellent! I've tried other companies who claim to repair credit and have lost money and been scammed. Jose is superb at what he does. He pulled my credit report from all 3 bereaus and has provided an excellent resource fore to track the results of my credit repair. Not to mention he's a phone call or text message away whenever I have any questions. I would recommend clean slate credit solutions to everyone.

Michelle W

February 28th, 2013 Dallas, TX

Clean Slate credit solutions does work. I'm pleased with my results. I gave them permission to pull my credit and they did! So this review does not have its facts straight.

Maria

February 28th, 2013 Jackson, MI

Clean Slate by far have been doing a good job with repairing my credit. They have been able to pull my credit and monitor my credit reports from all 3 credit bureaus. Not to mention they provide you with resourceful information on how to help improve your credit and maintain your credit in good standing. I would recommend Celan Slate to my friends and family. Thank you Clean Slate.

Antonio Gomez

February 28th, 2013 Cortlandt Manor, NY

I Antonio Gomez is very happy with clean slate they are helping me better my life they pulled my credit free explain everything to me step by step .You call them they call you back and also leave you a text and email and always following up with you. Soon I will be ready to get the things I always wanted thank to Clean Slate Solutions God Bless them and there family.

Carla

February 28th, 2013 Richmond, IN

I am a customer of Clean Slate Solution and they have done a Fantastic job with helping me with Cleaning up my credit and yes they do pull your Credit Report for FREE they just pulled my last week and since then i was able to buy a BRAND NEW CAR and i have only been with them for A year they are AWESOME. I advise any one who is looking for some advice about their credit and how to repair it to go see Jose Rodriguez.

Nathan Stephenson

February 27th, 2013

let me be the first to say that I am very please with clean slate credit solutions and the reason for this is that they help me get better credit that I've been trying to do for the last 10 years I have been under the knife when it comes to trying to get my credit taken care of and yet I haven't been able to do what they have done in 3 months in the last 10 years I am extremely impressed with them I went from a 549 score to is 631 score in the site of 3 months not even 90 days not only were they able to pull all 3 of my credit bureau reports they were also able to give me asked if changes that no other company has been able to do I would highly recommend to friends and family and do to this day I love them

Alana Wilson

February 27th, 2013 Belmar, NJ

I use Clean slate for my credit repair agency, and they are a GREAT company!!I have referred multiple people to them and my credit is much better since i had them.I give them 5 thumbs up,and I would encourage anyone to use their service if they are having credit issues.

Nilsa Santiago

February 27th, 2013 East Orange, NJ

I have been with Clean Slate Credit Solutions for a year now. They have done an amazing job on removing negative items off my credit. Clean Slate has also pulled my credit score free of charge. You are only charged for the negative items that come off. If nothing was taking off for that month you will not be charged for it. I myself will give them a 10 they have stood by everything they say.

Tyshonda

February 27th, 2013 Neptune, NJ

Since I've registered with this company I've seen major changes with my credit. I recommend this company to everyone who needs help with credit repair. Best of all I'm only charged for what's removed at a resonable rate. Keep up the good work Clean Slate Credit Solutions!!!!

Marita

February 27th, 2013 Bloomington, IN

I am so happy that I found Clean Slate Credit Solutions. They helped me clean up and improve my credit score after divorce. They pulled my credit reports, and shared with me what was on them, then they tackled the problems for me. They wrote letters on my behalf and really made this a simple process with quick results. I am more than happy with the results. They guaranteed results & the delivered. I have recommended them to a number of people , and I recommend them to anyone interested in repairing their credit score. Great company to work with! MK

williaam

February 27th, 2013

Ok, for someone to just saying things out of the blue specially false statements is unprofessional. I am one cleanslate client and they have fullfilled everything they have promised. Including, supports, pulled up my credit history, help cleaned my credit history. For the first time, I could purchase a Chevy Tahoe under my name without a cow-signer. They guaranteed all services and they keep their promises. This is a geeat company and I already recommended to all my friends and family and one of my friends got me to this company. That friend was able to get loans and bought his girlfriend which now his wife, a brand new mercedes benz. I gave this company 10/10. Thanks jose Rodriguez, keep up the good work.

quynetta johnson

February 27th, 2013 Ardsley, NY

I am a customer of clean credit solutions and they are fantastic. When ever i asked formy credit report they were able to pull it for me FREE OF CHARGE. This company is very professional and caring. Any questions or concerns i had were answered. Not only do they have low prices and are willing to work with you they offer other services to help maintain good credit not to mention invites to BBQs they treat you like family. I give them 100% A+

Hafiz Montgomery

February 27th, 2013 River Edge, NJ

Clean Slate is a great company and helping me and my wife get back on the right path!!! Nothing but pleasant and nice things to say about company and Jose himself.