- Serves All Colleges Statewide
- Variety of Programs and Events
- Student Resources
Serves All Colleges Statewide
Hillel for Utah serves from all Utah colleges and universities, including the University of Utah, Weber State University, Utah Valley University, Utah State University, Salt Lake Community College, and Brigham Young University.
Variety of Programs and Events
Hillel for Utah sponsors and provides a variety of programs and events to help students get involved in Jewish culture and gain valuable leadership skills. Some of these programs include the following:
- Bagel Tuesday — A Hillel for Utah tradition on the University of Utah campus, Bagel Tuesday takes place every Tuesday that the university is in session.
- Shabbat — Regular Shabbat and Havdalah experiences are available both indoors and outdoors, dependent on your university campus.
- Community Service — To support various community organizations, Hillel for Utah arranges service projects for students to participate in.
- Holidays — Students are invited to participate in a variety of events and programs for holidays such as Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Passover, Hanukkah, and more. Students are also welcome to visit local synagogues.
- Torah and Tacos — Part of the monthly Jewish learning series in which educators from the local and global community lead discussions over tacos.
- Israel Programs — Monthly programs are offered to learn and participate in Hebrew and Israeli culture.
Please note that not all programs may be available on all campuses.
To support students on Utah’s college and university campuses, Hillel for Utah provides a variety of student resources, including the following:
- Countering Antisemitism — The Hillel for Utah website offers various resources available for reporting antisemitism and what to do if you experience it on campus.
- Community Info — Community members can find a local organization or congregation on the Hillel for Utah website.
- Jewish Inspiration Fund — A micro grant fund is available to help students grow in their Jewish lifestyle.
- Hareshet — Students can use this networking resource to connect with local and national Jewish professionals.
- Counseling Resources — Mental health and safety resources can be found on the Hillel for Utah website.
No Outstanding Concerns
While researching this organization, we didn’t find any concerning information for students or donors. Hillel for Utah appears to be a reputable non-profit seeking to support Utah college and university students who are interested in connecting to their Jewish heritage.
Before becoming involved with any non-profit organization, we always recommend conducting personal research to see if the organization's mission aligns with your values.
The Bottom Line
Hillel for Utah seeks to create opportunities for Utah college and university students to connect with their Jewish heritage. The organization facilitates and organizes a variety of events, programs, and resources available to all students, regardless of their religious background.
Hillel for Utah programs are available from all Utah college and university campuses, including the University of Utah, Utah State University, Utah Valley University, and Brigham Young University.