PhoneSoap is a cell-phone sanitization company headquartered in Lindon, Utah. PhoneSoap was established in 2009 by Wes LaPorte and Dan Barnes while they were students at Brigham Young University. In 2012, the founders used a successful Kickstarter campaign to fund their first product, the PhoneSoap V1.

In 2015, the company was featured on Shark Tank, receiving three offers and ultimately choosing to partner with Lori Greiner.

While PhoneSoap does offer screen sanitization products for commercial businesses, its core offering is its direct-to-consumer smartphone sanitization product. PhoneSoap's most popular model is the PhoneSoap 3, but the company has recently developed upgraded products, the PhoneSoap Wireless and PhoneSoap Go.

The Good

• UV-C Light Technology
  • Stay Healthy with PhoneSoap
  • Save 10% by Bundling

UV-C Light Technology

PhoneSoap uses UV-C light to clean smartphones, tablets, and other devices. The company explains that UV-C light is a short-wavelength, ultraviolet light that breaks apart germ DNA — and leaves it unable to function or reproduce. UV-C will even neutralize "superbugs" that have developed a resistance to antibiotics.

PhoneSoap's units are designed to keep the UV-C light away from human eyes and kill all pathogens, viruses, and bacteria.

Stay Healthy with PhoneSoap

PhoneSoap's Smartphone Sanitizer kills 99.9 percent of the bacteria that is growing on your phone. The company's PhoneSoap 3 cleans the phone in 10 minutes but includes multiple charging ports so users can charge their phone while it is being sanitized.

While PhoneSoap was designed to clean smartphones, users can put a variety of objects in the UV-C light container. Items that are notorious for carrying harmful bacteria and viruses — keys, money, credit cards — can also be cleaned in the PhoneSoap unit.

PhoneSoap's Rapid UV-C Disinfection Device was designed to eliminate germs in just 30 seconds and is currently marketed for use in hospitals. When doctors, nurses, and patients bring their devices to work or the hospital, they are also bringing along harmful pathogens. SoapPhone's Med product is a safe, fast, and secure way to help eliminate harmful pathogens.

However, the UV-C Disinfection Device can also be used in offices to reduce the number of staff sick days or even in schools to protect teachers and students from germs.

Save 10% by Bundling

Consumers who want to order more than one PhoneSoap unit should look into the company's bundle options. A PhoneSoap Go 2-Pack in the bundle is only $179.91 (instead of $199.90). This is a great option as it gives incentives for customers to purchase multiple products.

The Bad

• Custom Unit Return Policy
  • Can Be a Bit Pricey

Custom Unit Return Policy

Personalized PhoneSoap units cannot be returned for a refund. However, the company does offer a lifetime warranty on the units that covers manufacturing defects; if the unit's bulbs burn out, PhoneSoap will replace the bulbs at no cost to the customer. If there is a problem that requires a new unit, the company will send a replacement with the original personalization.

Can Be a Bit Pricey

PhoneSoap's products are unique and eliminate harmful pathogens, but they are a bit steep in price. The cheapest PhoneSoap unit is the PhoneSoap 3, which costs $79.95. If customers want the PhoneSoap Go (the battery-powered unit), it will cost them $99.95. If consumers want to be able to clean their tablets, kids' toys, bottles, and other large items, they'll have to shell out $199.95 for the PhoneSoap XL.

The Bottom Line

Even though we don't like to think about it, our phones are 18 times dirtier than a toilet. If you're willing to spend the money, PhoneSoap is a great product that eliminates 99.99 percent of the bacteria growing on your phone. The units use UV-C light to kill germs but won't harm your phone.The units can charge your phone, so you can leave your phone in the unit overnight and not have to worry about having a low battery. Plus, the product is versatile enough to be used in a number of settings such as offices, hospitals, homes, schools, and more.

5.0

Spencer Allen

March 17th, 2020 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company is run with the end user in mind. While most technology companies follow the status quo, PhoneSoap thinks ahead and the value of their product shows. With everything going on with COVID-19, it's refreshing to see a technology company considered about making our world a cleaner, safer place YEARS before COVID-19.

Cait LaPorte

March 16th, 2020 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We love using our PhoneSoap, it’s simple design is so user friendly and compact. It brings so much piece of mind being able to sanitize the phone that goes everywhere with me. And our family has avoided the flu the last couple years, it may be thanks to PhoneSoap!!

Megan Spencer

March 14th, 2020 Johannesburg, GT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the range of product sizes and technical capabilities. I also love all the research and reviews to show the products actually work!

Katie Hadlock

March 14th, 2020 Rexburg, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can’t tell you how grateful I am for my PhoneSoap! I think it is an absolute essential item to have as a mother of young children. Kids are always touching the phone as they watch shows to and from all kinds of different places. It gives me a lot of peace knowing that I can effectively clean my phone to keep both my phone and, more importantly, my kids safe. I can tell a physical difference in the feel of my phone after using PhoneSoap. Best baby shower gift ever!!

Ben

March 14th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great product. I feel safe using my devices after using phone soap. I have the large industrial sized phone soap that fits 7 tablets. It even comes out smelling clean, not like Zestfully clean, but Phonesoapy clean, very distinct sanitized smell, I like it.

Michael H

March 14th, 2020 Morgan Hill, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy, painless and fast! I have had phone soap since the original product launch and still continue to use it to this day.

Johanna Norman

March 14th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not only cleans my phone but keys, etc. I love my PhoneSoap and even ordered it for the office!

Tori Nixon

March 14th, 2020 , AN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Phone Soap is top notch. Great customer service, great quality, great product. Everyone needs this device!

Matthew Thorley

March 14th, 2020 , AN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Phone soap is amazing! They have such an innovative solution to a common problem that now more than ever needs fixing. It’s gives me such peace of mind to know that the phone I use every day is clean. I think everyone should get one.

Suelen Hill

March 14th, 2020 West Valley City, UT

Amazing product! PhoneSoap gives me peace of mind knowing my cell phone and keys can be safely sanitized. Thank you PhoneSoap!

Jeff

March 13th, 2020 Riverside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love my PhoneSoap! It’s great to know with my kids always touching our phones we can be confident we are getting off the germs. Thank you PhoneSoap for such a wonderful product!

Nichole

March 13th, 2020 Ladera Ranch, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love PhoneSoap! Their product brings peace of mind! It is easy to use and works quickly!

Steve Pollak

March 13th, 2020 Redondo Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A Great product that works and does what it says. Also, I received incredible customer Service and support when I needed it.

Dekiah1

March 13th, 2020 Alpine, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Seriously the best thing ever in my school! I always have teachers dropping by to sanitize their phone or keys or walkie talkies! They love it and it helps keep us healthier! Worth every penny! Wish I would have bought more!

David McComber

March 13th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Super easy to use and I love that it was designed to clean all surfaces on my phone not just one side.

Heather Mildenstein

March 13th, 2020 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have a HomeSoap and two PhoneSoaps in my home and they make me feel at peace knowing that our devices, remotes, phones, and small toys are sanitized. I love them so much and tell all my friends about phonesoap. I can’t get enough of their products and I credit phonesoap for not getting sick over the holidays.

HJHowell

March 13th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My favorite thing is that these guys really make sure the product does what it claims, no lies.

Debra Mitchell

March 13th, 2020 Ivins, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely love it! Best thing ever. I just drop my phone in it after a trip or when I’ve been somewhere where I’ve used it with dirty hands. It is so convenient and comforts me to know my phone is clean. I also, will use it to clean my credit cards, money, basically anything that fits in it!

Rosie

March 13th, 2020 Lynnwood, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very impressed! Their customer service is phenomenal and their product is even better. It's easy to use and very effective. Definitely would recommend! I love my PhoneSoap cleaner

Elise Hansen

March 13th, 2020 Madison, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the product and the peace of mind it gives me! Was the best product to have while we had a baby in the NICU. I always know my phone is clean. The whole family has caught on.

Shane Hansen

March 13th, 2020 Madison, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing company! Their designs are slick and being able to sanitize my phone and other items I use daily brings me a peace of mind that’s priceless. Customer service is prompt and helpful. Very happy with PhoneSoap!

Brittani

March 13th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had my PhoneSoap for over two years and have loved it everyday! I love their products and the devices they are making available to consumers to keep us safe and clean! Wonderful company and products!

Hailey

March 13th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love my phonesoap! So happy that there is a company like this. You don’t realize how dirty your phone is! They were great to work with and have been so great at helping me with all my needs. I am looking into getting HomeSoap very soon!

Cassie Gunnell

March 13th, 2020 Littleton, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It gives me such piece of mind especially with my children always wanting to play with my phone! Being able to quickly sanitize my phone, credit cards and keys after running errands with so many scary viruses out there is so important as a mother! And it’s SO fast, easy and convenient!

Christopher Carson

March 13th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m a self-proclaimed germaphobe. For years I saw the studies that showed how our phones were dirtier than toilets... so, when I learned about Phone Soap, I was hooked. It’s super easy and gives me peace-of-mind. I use it for my keys, my wireless mouse, and anything else I can fit in it. I can’t recommend it enough!!!

Phyllis LaPorte

March 13th, 2020 Morgan Hill, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I put my cellphone in a PhoneSoap already today to sanitize my phone. I appreciate so much the ability to have confidence in cleaning my cellphone.

Herbert Moroni Gois

March 13th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With small kids at home and with them all the time using our phones we think the product is really important to keep our family safe... We have been using every day and it is like new yet, great quality.

Madeline Mitchell

March 13th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Phonesoap is an excellent product! It works, and it is so aesthetically pleasing to the eye. Love the colors and fun options!

DallinJ

March 13th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Especially at a time like this I am so glad we have companies that help us protect ourselves from the elements and potential dangers we can face for our health.

Logan Brown

March 13th, 2020 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great products and great customer service

Chan Joey

March 13th, 2020 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I really love the product. I feel better every time after I clean my phone. The design of the product is pretty sleek. The product does not come as bulky as I thought to be. Love it!

Ben

March 13th, 2020 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They make a killer product that is innovative and one of a kind and useful.