Spiceology Logo
LAST UPDATED: January 26th, 2023

Award-winning executive chef Pete Taylor and popular food blogger Heather Scholten (known as Farmgirl Gourmet) founded Spiceology in 2013. Starting in the farmers market scene, Spiceology offers great tasting, chef-created spices and spice blends. The company garnered notice by Williams Sonoma, and shortly after Spiceology launched an online retail store providing its spices to kitchens all over the world.

Well-known for its unique and quality-made products, it is the fastest growing spice company in the United States. Spiceology has been reviewed and recommended by food critics in Bon Appetit, CNN Food, PopSugar, Forbes, Real Simple, and HGTV

The Good

• Great Customer Service
  • Fresh Raw Ingredients
  • Creative Recipes
  • Long Shelf Life
  • Many Options

Great Customer Service

Spiceology does not have a blanket return policy. Customer satisfaction is important to the company and if you find that your delivered item is not as expected, you can reach out to a customer care team member to ask for a replacement. Spiceoloy is sold through popular distribution sites that do offer free returns.

Fresh Raw Ingredients

Spiceology chefs use fresh raw ingredients to work while creating products. Spiceology handpicks all its raw ingredients, grinds in small batches, and ships direct to the consumer to guarantee freshness and quality.

Creative Recipes

Spiceology has quite a following.The company's website includes a myriad of ideas for how to use its product line. Company chefs share pro tips on the company social media pages.

Long Shelf Life

For fresh ingredients with minimal processing, Spiceology spices last a long time. Four years is the recommended shelf life.

Many Options

Spiceology’s goal is to elevate food flavor. It delivers by offering 400 plus spices, blends, herbs, chiles, salts, fruit and vegetable powders, ande confections. The company's "Grind and Deliver Fresh" policy seems to keep customers coming back for more. Spiceology sells in five convenient size options to meet the needs of customers cooking in their own kitchens to chefs overseeing hundreds of restaurants. The company also offers wholesale pricing for large quantity buyers.

The Bad

Expensive

If a customer’s priority is low cost, Spiceology is not going to be the choice. This company’s product line is not cheap. Used by many professionals, quality is key, and this quality is reflected in the price. If customers want to try products without breaking the bank, there are gift sets available with eight options, as opposed to buying individual options for a higher price in a larger size.

The Bottom Line

If you are or have a chef in your life that appreciates well-curated, great-tasting, quality-made spice blends, we would recommend you investigate products from Spiceology. We love that they started at farmers markets and blazed a trail with simply incredible products. In a short time, Spiceology has grown from a grass-roots beginning to a worldwide market base.

4.8

Lisa Hendrickson Everett, WA

This was my first time to order from Spiceology and I have been very pleased with the products I got. The spice blends are just such excellent quality, much better than other brands I have tried and even better than making my own blends. The website is easy to navigate and it felt completely safe to place the order online. I appreciated the emails to confirm the order and it was delivered quickly at the time I was told to expect it. It was also packaged very well and arrived in perfect condition.

Bruce Stake Lake Mary, FL

I did not use any yet. I will tell you this is a one-time buy due to the high cost. but I do believe the spices as tested are very good

seuncheun phouthavong Honolulu, HI

Love it. Will come back to buy more when I run out. Tastes great and goes well with all of my planned meals.

Carmela Merchant Spokane, WA

Love the Greek Freak! Bought a few spices that I have never tried- I am excited to try some of your on line recipes.

Jason Thompson West Bend, WI

Unfortunately recieved after Thanksgiving so I'll try it out on something else . Smells and tastes great though !

Pamela Barrick Annandale, NJ

Spiceology is a great company! I have enjoyed each of my purchases and have given many gifts to my family from them as well. When I was having difficulty ordering from the web site I was texted from them multiple times to help me solve the problem I was having. That was a huge help. I eventually was able to place my order. Top shelf customer service! Thank you all for your efforts!

Andy B San Jose, CA

It’s great, lots of options. Just do yourself a favor and try some different ones. Chili Margarita is a staple in our house now!

Mark Gronowski Lockport, IL

great selection and good products. Will order again

IdetMars

love your spices. fun to create with! New flavors to food

Cindy Kerschner Macungie, PA

My favorite Mediterranean seasoning blend.

Kathie Shea Tucson, AZ

I pretty new to spiceology products but like what I have had time to use so far.

Joshua LaMay Hingham, MA

We love Spiceology, multiple orders with no issues and all the spice blends have exceeded expectations. Well done!

Cooking with Foodie Gone Wild ! Plainfield, NJ

I've used the brand before and I like them. Recently added togarashi to my rice with last night's dinner. Perfect

Matthew Gooch KS

Spiceology has the best seasonings. I just keep trying new ones and they’re all fantastic!

Bernard Gilliard Chicago, IL

Love everything that I've tried so far and looking forward to trying more seasonings

Barbara Harbach Las Cruces, NM

Great products and spices! I enjoy the recipes!

Jessica Smith

The seasoning is great! I like the select time. Great price!

Tyler AllBee Copperas Cove, TX

Love the selection and size options, but would like to know more info on spice origins and see fair trade options in the future.