Fox Rent A Car Logo
LAST UPDATED: August 8th, 2022

The brand's claim to fame is offering consumers the same vehicles for less cost than its major competitors. The company has been in operation for over twenty-five years. Its headquarters is currently in Los Angeles, California.

The Good

• Car Rental Prices
  • Roadside Assistance
  • Toll prepay Option Available

Car Rental Prices

Fox offers economy and luxury vehicles at a low price in the industry. This can make traveling more affordable for customers.

Roadside Assistance

Fox offers Roadside Service Assistance (RSA) at $3.99 per rental day. Benefits include emergency road service towing (within 25 miles of occurrence), winching, jump start, flat tire change, lockout service, and emergency fuel delivery (up to two gallons). Fox promises that this roadside assistance will waive all, or a portion of the cost of a roadside assistance service call up to the amount of $400.00 per incident. If customers find themselves in a roadside emergency, Fox has a toll-free service number located in its Rental agreement folder. The pricing is on par with many companies in the industry.

Toll Prepay Option Available

Customers can order toll passes through Fox's website to make their commute easier. This is called Fox's PlatePass All-Inclusive Service, which, if customers choose this additional option on Fox's website, is a daily rate stipulated in their rental agreement. Customers are responsible for the payment of all tolls incurred during the rental period, whether covered by the toll pass or not.

The Bad

• Economy Price Range
  • Luxury Price Range
  • Cancellation Policies
  • States Available
  • Airports Locations
  • No On-Site Fuel Discount
  • Return Process
  • No Online Check-In

Economy Price Range

The economy price range Fox customers is low in the industry. With taxes and fees, the price range is actually closer to average prices. These prices may seem to be a great bargain to begin with, but be aware that the prices will go up with taxes and fees.

Luxury Price Range

Fox Rent A Car offers luxury vehicles for low prices. But again taxes and fees could raise the price to an average, if not high rate.

Cancellation Policies

Fox does not charge customers cancellation fees — a great benefit unless customers use Fox's PAY NOW program, which is when they prepay for the rental. For PAY NOW customers, there is a $25 fee to cancel. For non-PAY NOW customers, Fox makes canceling a reservation easy. Customers can use the same platform they used to book the reservation to cancel it. For example, if they booked the reservation on Fox's website, they cancel the reservation on Fox's website. The same goes for customers who book a Fox reservation using a third-party platform, such as a travel booking site like Expedia.com. One caveat is that although Fox does not charge cancellation fees, if customers use third party platforms (i.e. Expedia.com), those platforms may charge customers their own cancellation fee. One generous rule Fox offers for PAY NOW customers is for those whose credit card is lost or stolen. If the credit card used to book a PAY NOW reservation is lost, stolen, or replaced by the card issuer and cannot be presented at the time of rental, Fox will waive the cancellation fee at the time of pick up.

States Available

Fox Rent A Car is found in 13 States. This is on the low end for most car rental companies. Fox also does not have a presence in New York City, a major location. Many of Fox's competitors have New York locations as well as locations in up to 50 states. Fox falls short in this regard.

Airports Locations

Fox lacks a sufficient number of rental counters at most major airports throughout North America. They only have locations at 25 Airports in the U.S. and Canada combined. Other companies are more available with rental counters numbering at 40 airports or more.

No On-Site Fuel Discount

Fox does not offer discounts on the price of fuel it uses to fill the tank on-site when customers return it. Vehicles must be returned with the same amount of fuel present at the start of the rental to avoid refueling charges. A few companies offer on-site fuel discounts — an option Fox should consider to provide customers with a more cost-effective experience.

Return Process

When vehicles are returned to Fox's locations, it must be done in person by returning the vehicle to an agent on site. Some of Fox's competitors allow customers to return the car without waiting in line by leaving the keys in the car, but most car rental companies typically do not offer this option.

No Online Check-In

Some car rentals let customers check in from the website instead of the rental counter, but Fox requires customers to come in person to check the car in. If customers rent a vehicle and agree to return it to a different office as stated on the rental agreement, customers have to pay a one-way drop fee. Having to go in person is standard for most companies but can be inconvenient for travelers in certain situations. There are companies that offer this feature, making Fox less competitive in this area.

The Bottom Line

Fox Rent A Car is a great option for everyday travelers needing an economy car to rent. Fox's low prices are competitive in the industry. It also offers great features and great insurance coverage. We feel comfortable recommending Fox Rent A Car if it is available in your area.

1.9

Jeff McDonald WA

Fox Rental was dishonest with me from the beginning. I rented a mid-size Auto from Fox in San Diego, for 10 days. When I got to Fox’s service counter, they told me that they could not accept my Credit Cards (not VISA or Mastercard). While the reason was vague, it seemed to be because the Cards are Credit and Debit Cards?? I offered my American Express and it was refused too, with no explanation. Finally I offered to pay cash, but this was not acceptable either. But the Fox Rep told me “not to worry, this happens to people all the time”. He then produced a business Card for the Rental Car Help Center, and told me he was calling them to pick me up. The Rental Car Help Center people were very helpful, and I recommend them if Fox strands you in San Diego with no rental. But I rented a Hyundai Sonata with 167,000 miles on it, and some features not working for $80 per day. I had reserved a much better deal with Fox Rental. I can provide a confirmation Email from Fox, confirming my reservation; that does not mention any restriction on the method of payment accepted. Fox Rental is the very WORST company I have ever reserved a Rental Car from, and I’ve been renting 40 years now. I will NEVER do business with Fox again, and I recommend you steer clear of them too.

Ronnie Jones Houston, TX

Never again will I give Fox my business. Arranged through Expedia to rent a vehicle from Fox for a week. Was quoted an all-in price including taxes, fees, etc of $541.97. This was for a Jeep Compass or similar, so a small SUV. Arrived at rental counter at 10:00am and was told my pickup wasn't until 2, and Fox did not rent Jeeps. I could wait the 4 hours to see if Fox would get a small SUV like the tiny Mitsubishi sitting right outside, OR I could upgrade and get now. By the way, You need to make a decision now, do you see all the people waiting behind you said the rental clerk. In the heat of the moment, I agreed to upgrade. Was sold on Toll Pass that was totally unnecessary I think. From what I have read, if you do not purchase the toll pass, Fox will charge you $15 for every toll you go through. Also sold on pre-purchasing a tank of gas because "Fox gas prices are lower than the local gas stations" said the clerk. That was not totally the case, but in the end, Fox got a 1/4 tank of gas free off of me. At nearly $5 per gallon, I came out behind by $25 or more by pre-purchasing. Will not do that again. My new "Upgrade" price went from $541.97 to $1,900. A $1300 + increase. Need answer now said the nice counter lady! At this point I have very few choices so I agreed to the upgrade. OUCH Was handed a card with vehicle drawing and told to mark all damage to the vehicle. By the time I got through, card was almost totally covered with marks. Cracked windshield, rear side bumper about to fall off, door dings down both sides, head lights and tail lights scratched and/or cracked, huge dent in hood, the list goes on and on. I mentioned the damage to the lot attendant, and his comment was " Yeah, they're not new cars". This vehicle looked like a used car purchased off of one of those cheap fly by night car lots. Vehicle started up and A/C was cold to my surprise, so that was good. Driving down road, could hear a bad rattle and squeak coming from the rear of the vehicle. Could have been the rear bumper flapping in the wind? Who Knows I guess at 85,000 miles, I should expect a few squeaks and rattles right?? Hell it was only $1900. Bottom line is Fox should have worked with me to get the vehicle I reserved at the agreed upon price. Taking the $100 gas and $85 toll pass out of the equation, I was upcharged $1,100 for the "upgraded vehicle". A total Rip Off.... I took it upon myself to check reviews of Fox DIA on Yelp. It appears this type of bait and switch scheme is common with Fox. Yelp's 1.5 star rating says it all. This one's on me because I should have read the reviews prior to booking. That will NEVER happen again.

dave schwendenman Valley View, OH

Sent me a totally non-decipherable statement, nothing reconciled. bottom line, overcharged me $65. When I spoke with Arlene, who was a supervisor, she told me that !) she had no supervisor that i could talk to, 2) that if I didn't like the amount that I was charged I show talk to my financial institution (which I've done). My only charge should have been the cost of prepaid fuel. I booked through Carrental8. I had read lots of bad reviews of Fox, should have listened.

Moto Jules Baldwin City, KS

We rented an SUV at your Phoenix, AZ airport location last week. Our vehicle broke down after 60 miles of driving and left us stranded on the side of a very busy highway in the desert. When calling to report, I was told a tow truck would pick up the car after I confirmed that it was not safe to drive back and that it would not even turn over. After asking for more specific details about this delima, I was told once the vehicle is deemed not our fault and undriveable, we would then get a new vehicle. This could take several hours. I asked if we were getting a ride back to Fox with the tow company or if a representative would get us, I was told neither would happen. I could call an Uber if I wanted to come back to the office. I repeated that she is telling me we will be left stranded in the AZ desert for several hours while they were deciding if they WILL give us a new car. She confirmed this was correct and this was their policy. She kept saying sorry for the inconvenience. THIS IS A SAFETY ISSUE not an inconvenience!! She refused to allow me to speak to a manager or to the Phoenix office. It took 3 phone calls and over 3 hours waiting for us to get a new car. No upgrade, no refund, no discount, not even I'm sorry for trying to kill you in the summer desert.

Roman Romero Yvonand, VD

My transatlantic flight was cancelled due to technical issues, so I got to the car rental 24h later. Fox Rent A Car had already declared a no-show on my reservation as their holdup time is max 12h, even if you alert them beforehand. They refused to update the booking and instead they charged the full amount. In essence, I was robbed the equivalent of an 8-day car rental. How is that an honest customer-oriented policy? The hotel, Home2Suits by Hilton, on the contrary, had a much smarter and honest policy. They immediately updated the reservation with the new dates when I explained the reason for the late arrival. If you want to spare yourself this kind of destructive frustration and being ripped off, please stay away from FoxRentACar and its umbrella corporation, Europcar Mobility Group.

Mark Warkentin Boaz, AL

This was a terrible experience. Flew into Denver and was taken to a building that looked like a strip mall, walked inside, building looked unfinished with insulation showing on all the walls. Waited 45 minutes to get a car. They offered insurance, which I did not take because I had my own. They also offered a toll service, so if you drive through a toll booth, they will pay it. If not it was $25 each time. I chose it, for $100. Got the car, drove to hotel, had issues removing the key, played with it and eventually got it out. Next morning, same thing with the key, could not get it to turn. Moved steering wheel back and forth, finally got it to run. Drove to Colorado Springs, key thing happened 2 more times. Decided to take car back. Had to drive all the way back. Tried calling the 'roadside service' which we waited 35 minutes just to talk to someone. He said bring it back. Drove it back, they gave me another car. Worked fine. Had a 6 am flight. They close at 11 and open at 5am. Had to drop car off and Uber to airport. Got home and got it with a $900 repair bill. My insurance would not pay it. Fox says I am responsible for ANY damage, whether I did it or not. I will never use them again and steer anyone away from them.

Christina Tetrault Denver, CO

Returned vehicle with a full tank & they charged us $89.00 surcharge because a human entered the wrong amount. Would not go out to the car to see it or let me speak to a manager. Horrible experience. Had to dispute the charge. NEVER USE THEM.

Samantha Chapman Beaver, PA

I truly wish that I could provide this company with 0 stars. I canceled my booking after feeling uneasy about the whole experience after reading other's reviews. I Tried to contact customer service ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS to speak with a manager and to address my concerns. I had emailed multiple individuals with no response. This company truly does not care about its customers and I hope that this review saves someone the headache that I have had to deal with.

Vanyel Forrester

Tried dropping off a rental car back to them when I had a flight out that morning on Saturday. Swung by and no one was there around 545 am. The office was closed but no one was there early to even take the car at all and I didn't want to miss my flight out for a 720 am. When the office finally opened I called when I was waiting for the plane and was thru security and tried to explain to the customer service representative on the phone about this and they didn't want to listen at all. They didn't want to try and work with me on this. Was never told about how to drop it off the car when picking it up. When the person finally said fine we will tell the office there and I gave the number of the spot to the person on the phone to have someone that day come by to pick it up. They never did since I got a call a week later which they never picked up due to not finding the spot. I even told them on the phone originally I have photos to show and let them know that. Now they are wanting to charge $600 on top of a pre-paid reservation thru Priceline I was already charged $250 with no receipt showing why, which I am disputing all of the charges due to this and now they are going to send me to collections since they didn't want to work with me on any of this at all and didn't want to listen since they only care about getting their money. So being in Hospitality myself there are things that should be considered and not be charged at all. None of the people that I have spoken to HAVEN'T been helpful or even understanding, the last person I spoke to said that it wasn't their fault and I have to paid this. On top of all of this they never returned a phone call even when I left messages. The only time they have called now is to collect on the amount which shouldn't be at all. Also the shuttle driver to take us there in the beginning wasn't really nice at all which I wish I had a choice thru Priceline I would have changed the place I was going for my rental. I really don't recommend them at all since this has ended badly.

Audrey Panetta Clinton Township, MI

SCAMMERS!! Please read the reviews before renting from Fox car rental. I wish we had read reviews so I wouldn't have been scammed my self. We rented a mini van for 10 days in Fort Meyers Florida and were told to bring the vehicle back with a half tank of gas so we would not be charged. We ended up filling the gas tank up just to be sure we wouldn't be charged and the charged us $74.54 for gas. This charge was on my credit card when I received the bill. When I called it is impossible to get through to anyone but when I did they told me it was for gas. THEY ARE SCAMMERS, DON'T DO IT!! WILL NEVER RENT FROM THEM AGAIN. SINCERELY NEVER RETURNING CUSTOMER.

Jaime G Miami, FL

I have been a Fox customer three times in Miami, FL , last time I was hit with a phantom Florida toll which was added to my bill after I had turned the car in. I was never near any toll road during my rental, I have been trying to reach their customer service number 855 571 8413 unsuccessfully for a number of times, The call is automatically answered but then no one picks up the phone, have then waited over half an hour and more before giving up, Have now called now on a Saturday and a recording announces they are closed on week-ends.

Ron Manson Spring, TX

When registering to pickup the car the agent informed me they did not accept my credit card insurance coverage and the extra would be $36/day. He tried to tell me it was Mexica law that my credit card could not be used. I told him that was not true as I had rented previously from other companies and never had an issue. He then pulled out a crumpled printed sheet and said it was their policy. There was no mention of this when making the booking. I left and will never book with Fox again. Beware they are owned by Europcar. So I have black listed them as well.

Dennis Richmond Crystal Lake, IL

I rented a car from fox in June of 2020 to attend my daughter's wedding in CA, naturally due to the covid pandemic the wedding was cancelled, fox refused to give a refund and issued a credit that expired in 12 months from the original date. Later that year I tried to use the credit to rent a car in Aruba, they said it couldn't be used outside of the country. This is the most slimy car rental company on this planet, I trust Putin more than these JERKS

Troy Cottam Wellington, FL

The only real complaint I have is with the quality of the vehicle I was given. On October 26th, of 2021, I reserved an all-wheel drive SUV from Fox, SPECIFICALLY because I knew I'd be travelling to a location with snowy and/or icy road conditions. But when I arrived, on Decemeber 29th, to pick up my reserved all-wheel drive SUV, I was told that if I wanted something other than a two-wheel drive vehicle, I would have to pay $503.13 per day -- $400 more than my reserve confirmation estimate. That is, by anyone's definition, a bait-and-switch -- which I believe is illegal. At no point was I forewarned, so that I might make other arrangements; no, your company waited until I was at an off-airport location, with severely limited options, other than to accept a downgraded vehicle from Fox. To add insult to injury, I was charged the exact same amount for a less safe vehicle. Lastly, when I actually drove the two-wheel drive rental, I discovered that the front wheel alignment was so bad the steering would track and veer at unexpected moments, making it even less safe to drive in winter road situations. I understand you overbooked rentals and other factors contributed, but your company had ample opportunity to inform me of the situation before I boarded your shuttle and left the car rental hub of the airport. I believe Fox Rent A Car did this with the intent of making it harder for me to make other plans -- a form of rental extortion.

Liza Cheek Salt Lake City, UT

The price is low for a reason. First, their location is not at the SLC airport. You take a shuttle to get there. Normally, not a problem...except here their hours are 5am - 12:59am. So if you have an early morning flight, you won't be able to return your car till they open. They don't tell you that. Second, when we picked up our car, they gave us a beat up car that had the "needs maintenance " light on. We had to go back and ask for a car that was in good shape. And if you call customer service before 5am, the only human being you'll get on the phone will be emergency roadside assistance who will tell you to call back at 5am.

Jamie Lindley Philadelphia, MS

Terrible , tried to give us a car with the engine light on. Then when we got the bill it was double of what was quoted.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I just used Fox Rent a Car within the last month. It was the best price by far that I could find. It was an easy process checking out the car and they gave me a better car than I expected. The car ran great and was a newer model that I enjoyed driving. Then I was able to check it back in at the end of my trip easily as well. I was a little worried that the price must have a catch, but there was no catch, I paid what I was promised and that was great!

Jim Lorenz Newark, NJ

Fox Rent A Car was dishonest and added unnecessary charges

Melody opening flame

They were not helpful about the higher price I was charged per day. Then gave me wrong key, then found car for key and was covered in dirt. Couldn't see out windows. So back inside office and got the car. Not the jeep I ordered. Then guy at exit looks at car in dark and tells me he only is looking for big dents. If I return it with dent or scratches you bet I'll be charged. I was crying. There 2 hrs. Don't rent at Fox. Worst ever.

NW Concord, MA

Fox Rent a Car is the worst car rental experience I ever had. I had a reservation for a car. Two hours after my plane arrived I was still in line at their location. There were 17 people in front of me and more than that behind me. People who had been processed and left to pick up their car returned to the counter and complained there were no cars. The event I was to attend had already started. I called a relative to pick me up. I went to the counter and told the clerk I had to cancel. Ok he said. I asked if he needed my name, reservation#, anything? He said “No.” They clearly did not have enough staff, nor enough cars for the reservations they accepted. When I contacted Fox for a refund THEY REFUSED TO REFUND MY MONEY. Fox Rent a Car is the definition of SCAM.

Joe CA Walnut Creek, CA

BAD FOX EXPERIENCE AT SAN ANTONIO, TX AIRPORT 9/16/2021 I write this to inform folks. Two weeks after submitting online complaint to Fox, still no reply! I made a reservation early in 2021 via Booking.com. Weeks before the rental date, I re-verified the reservation. And, 3 days before, I got a Booking email reconfirming the reservation – with their number and one for Fox. Yet, when I arrived at the Fox counter, the agent said there was no reservation under my name or the reservation number I showed on the confirmation. The reservation had been cancelled – unsaid by whom/when. The agent’s suggestion: book a new reservation on the spot, at nearly 2X the reserved rate. NO! I feel this was a ruse to get more income when cars were in short supply. I spent well over ½ hour trying to get Booking on the phone, to no avail. Eventually, another Fox person appeared and I returned to the desk; turns out, this person was a manager. The original agent conferred with the manager, who agreed to “un-cancel” the reservation and rent an equivalent car at the reserved rate. Then, the agent jawed with me about insurance that I declined to purchase. I had full coverage (but for deductible) with my long-time, established insurer; plus, coverage of the deductible via the credit card company I used to pay for the rental. The agent still insisted that I show proof of coverage via my insurer; I did so by accessing my insurer account online and proving the point. I had never encountered this with any car rental company. In separate post-rental phone conversations with two different Booking reps, both reaffirmed no evidence in the Booking system that my reservation had ever been cancelled, by anyone. BEWARE of Fox and be well-prepared to prove and defend your reservations!

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

My last car rental was through Fox Rent A Car. They had the best rates I could find and I was able to get it for a week and the car worked great and I was able to drive it with no problems and pick it up easily and drop it off easily. The salespeople were very friendly and helpful and the price was the promised price and not more.

Joanna Hester Gilbert, AZ

I have used Fox rental car three times in the last month for different trips. They have by far the lowest fares, especially for one way rentals. They are not the big, glamourous brand, but their cars are reliable and the staff is always friendly.

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

We have booked a rental car with them several times because of their lower prices. Their car selection was great for what we were looking for. We didn't need all the bells and whistles, just a car to get us around. The prices reflect the fact that this company is not located directly at the airport and you have to take a shuttle to pick up the car. I don't mind the shuttle for a cheaper price, not a cheaper car.

MEN1960 London, ENG

Avoid at all costs - low price to draw you in, then increase when you have no choice with spurious charges. Complete scam, aggressive upsell, unpleasant and dishonest approach to car rental. Use anyone else if you want to avoid the headline price doubling when you collect car.

Paula Merino Santiago, RM

Fox Rent a Car is the WORST! DO NOT REN WITH THEM!! when we arrived to pick up the vehicle on Thursday, June 3, the seller who attended me refused to give me the car unless I took out Liability insurance that according to him it was "mandatory" in the state of Florida, which is a LIE, the man insisted and lying, refused to give me the car unless I agreed to take out the insurance, I had to accept it, paying an extra 156 dollars to the rent of the vehicle, in addition there was no discount for reducing the rent for one day and the man was VERY insistent that he did not have to deliver the vehicle with a full tank so that they could charge me the extra gasoline, noting it in the lease Attached, after leaving the rent a car I found out about the insurance and they told me that it is NOT mandatory, that the agent lied to me. When I returned the car they told me that I had already signed the insurance so nothing could be done, refusing to give me more information. Personally, I feel SCAMMED by FOX rent a car and I will never rent with them again or with the companies associated with them. We rented trough EUROPCAR, and when we contact them, Fox tells them that the extra 156 dollars are from an UPGRADE they offered us FOR FREE!! they are covering the charges!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!

Stephanie Farmer Wake Forest, NC

Our reservation never said that the rental location was located off airport property, just that a shuttle was "provided" so it took us a while to even figure out where we were supposed to go/what we were supposed to do once we landed at MCO on 6/4. We waited an HOUR outside at the curb for a shuttle to pick us up from the airport, after seeing a shuttle drop off a family of passengers and then leave again without reloading his shuttle with people to head back to the office. The shuttle we did get on did not have air conditioning. Once we got to the office, there was no line to get to an agent it was just a free-for-all and extremely disorganized and frustrating. Upon returning our car to the office, we naively gave ourselves 2 hours from the time our flight was leaving as we did not have bags to check and just needed to walk through security and get to our gate. It took another HOUR from the time we returned the car to the time we got on the shuttle. Both times when we asked when a shuttle would be coming, we were just told "it's coming". When the shuttle arrived and unloaded its passengers, the driver looked at us and said "Well.. time to go home". We told him absolutely not, we have to get to the airport and that our flight leaves in less than an hour and he looked at us like WE were the idiots for it being so close to time for our flight to take off. He finally said "Okay but after this, I'm going home" and let us on the shuttle. The whole way to the airport, he was counting a wad of cash (from tips) that were visible in the cupholder at the front next to him. I have rented MANY cars from MANY companies in MANY locations, I'm no stranger to this process. However our experience with Fox was the most infuriating, disorganized, unprofessional experience I've EVER had.

Vik

I rented a car from Fox in Fort Lauderdale just close to the international airport location (now moved to the airport rental car center). First of all while check-in at the desk I met their representative Nasef who was not friendly at all and his behavior show he hate to work with a customer and I was for him like an annoying fly which he wants to get rid of as soon as possible. Despite my full payment and reservation of SUV vehicle he gave me a small car like Toyota Corolla, even not say sorry or explain they have no SUV available right now. In short, he served me as an enemy. On the parking lot one kind mexicain man show me about 20 small cars to chose, I spent at least 20 minutes to find a car which was less bad than all other cars. All their cars have from 17000 to 80,000 of millage, I got a car with 17500 miles but outside and inside this car was like 120,000 millage of use. And that was the best of all cars! To be honest, I have to say that there was no problem while check-out the car, everything was promptly and polite on their part. Now I say to all people to avoid this car rental company and I will never book Fox car rental again!

Dave Chicago, IL

For anyone considering using Fox Rent A Car when traveling in a foreign country, please spend a little more money and go with a reputable, ethical, and customer-centric company. Fox Rent A Car (and their affiliate partners) may be less expensive up-front than reputable and ethical car rental companies, however, they will charge you for “damage” or other expenses that are illegitimate, or borderline fraudulent when you return the car. I booked a 6 day car rental in Sicily, Italy in December 2018. When I booked on Carentals.com I thought I would be renting with Fox Rent A Car. However, in the fine print during the online booking process it said the vehicle provider would actually be “Sicily By Car”, which is an “affiliate” of Fox Rent A Car. In reality Fox Rent A Car just passes the business off to these unethical foreign car rental companies who have extremely poor customer service reputations, which is clearly evident from all the negative online reviews. Additionally, Fox Rent A Car has absolutely no concern and no regard for the customers well-being, or the poor treatment provided to customers by these foreign car rental companies. Fox Rent A Car is only concerned with the commission they receive for referring a customer to the foreign affiliate. When I picked up my rental car from Sicily by Car at the airport in Palemo, Sicily, I immediately noticed that the front right tire had low air pressure, plus the low tire pressure light was on in the car. Before leaving the airport I got out of the car and found someone who worked for Sicily by Car in the parking lot. I asked her to come look at the tire and tire pressure light in the car. Instead, she declined to come over to my car and told me everything is fine and I can drive away. Taking her advice was a poor costly decision, as I had no idea I would be the victim of a fraudulent charge six days later when I would drop the car off at the airport in Catania, Sicily. When I dropped off the car at the airport in Catania, Sicily, the employee for Sicily By Car examined the car and then accused me of replacing the front right tire because it was a different model from the other three tires. This was the same tire I had asked for assistance with when I picked up the car in Palermo. At the time I dropped the car off I explained to the employee that I had an issue with the front right tire when I picked up the car, and had requested help, but was denied assistance. I was asked to provide a written explanation of the events whereby the manager would review it and get back to me in a week with a decision on whether I would be charged for replacing the tire, despite the fact that I never replaced the tire. I realized that Sicily by Car knew I would be returning to the U.S., which would allow them to make a false accusation and I would have no recourse to rebut the fraudulent charge. When I returned to the U.S. I immediately called Fox Rent a Car to issue a complaint and seek help against this fraudulent charge by Sicily by Car. Instead, Fox Rent A Car told me that they couldn’t help me because it was a Sicily by Car issue and they would not have any information concerning my car reservation. After talking to Fox Rent A Car person for 20 minutes about my poor experience, she said to email her all my Sicily By Car drop off paperwork information, along with an explanation of events. She told me that Fox Rent a Car has a relationship manager that deals with these foreign car rental affiliates. More than a week after I emailed Fox Rent A Car with my paperwork and information, I received an email from Sicily by Car notifying me that I was responsible for paying to replace a tire that I never replaced while the car was in my possession. Shortly after receiving the email from Sicily by Car, I received an email from Fox Rent A Car repeating what Sicily by Car had already told me. Despite the numerous negative reviews regarding Sicily by Car, and my explanation of events, Fox Rent A Car will not believe you and will not help you when all the facts and human logic are in your favor. Instead, they just say “we cannot override any decision made by an affiliate”. I sent two follow up emails to Fox Rent A Car contesting the final decision by Sicily by Car, but Fox Rent a Car never responded to either of my emails. Fox Rent A Car will just ignore your emails. As I said before Fox Rent A Car is not in the business of customer service, or believing the customer when they have been taken advantage of. At the time you pick up the rental car, Sicily by Car will hold a $340 deposit on your credit card. At the time I dropped off the car and was accused of replacing the tire, Sicily by Car told me the cost of one tire would be $237. Not only was I fraudulently charged for a tire I never replaced, Sicily by Car kept my entire $340 deposit as evidenced on my credit card. I have emailed Sicily by Car three times (once a week) requesting a copy of the invoice for the tire replacement, so I can dispute the fraudulent charge with my credit card company, but Sicily by Car is purposely ignoring all my emails. I don’t want other honest ethical customers to make the same mistake I did by renting a car with Fox Rent A Car just because they have the lowest price. Spend a little more money and rent with a reputable ethical car rental company that actually believes their customers, and puts the customer first. If anyone would like to see my rental car paperwork/emails as proof of my situation please let me know and I will be happy to provide it. Fox Rent A Car and Sicily by Car do not deserve your business.

Ann Riverview, FL

Scammers and money hungry!! Do not rent from them. Paid in full using my credit card to treat my family, in which the pickup infos in their name, on their trip to Los Angeles California. Wasn’t allowed to pickup the car rental because the rep said his infos matches but not the credit card. They’re stranded out there without a car with my 80yrs old parents at 1:00AM. So he have to pay for another car rental. So they took a total of more than $500!! So then I called them trying to clear things out, the male gentleman told me I need to read the fine prints and I will not get my money back, then hung up as soon as I started questioning him! They’re rude and unprofessional in every levels. Never do business with them EVER!

Tali Stephens Orlando, FL

The worst rental experience. Changed 3 cars within 30 mins. All 3 cars had mechanical and suspension problems. The vehicles are not serviced. Maintenance on them show -4000+. Which means that the vehicle was supposed to be serviced 4000 miles or More ago. Then to put the icing on the cake after i swapped out the last one, i forgot my charger in it. I go back and they cant find it. One of the employees stole my charger for my iPhone out the car. Called headquarters they claim they can't even do anything. They cant even contact the local branch which is ridiculous to me because I couldn't even contact the local branch. If I had a real serious issue that I needed to contact that location i couldn't. It is impossible to contact. Bottom line, dont use this shady company. Horrible vehicles, horrible customer service and there employees are thieves. That what you pay for from FOX CAR RENTAL! * NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL *

Robert Kilpatrick Cathedral City, CA

I rented a car from the Fox office at LAX on Sat Sept 10. Shuttle picked us up very timely. When we arrived at the rental office there were approx 78 people waiting in line. At Payless in same lobby there were 3. It was a free for all with no one to explain the lines and no one directing traffic. The first line was a wait time of 2.5 hours. The clerk at the desk was an immature cocky young lady who was argumentative and rude. When finished we went outside to pick up a car and found yet another group of people waiting for their car. This wait was 45 more minutes. There were clearly no cars available and they were cleaning them one at a time. We had chosen a full sized car and given a mid sized car which they said WAS full-size. This car was inappropriate for our party of 4 with luggage but at this point we just wanted out of there. I wouldn't rent from this company if it were free.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Fox Rent A Car in Salt Lake to go on a long trip and they price was right, but it took a long time to check in and they were not very professional in making sure the car was clean and in good shape and ready to go. A lot of loose ends.

Sherine Moghazi Fort Worth, TX

This company is full of hidden charges that are tucked away on their website and not written in their contract. I was not given the contract when I checked in at their Denver office. You cannot contact the local offices. When I tried to dispute the hidden charges, they claimed it was company policy but it was never disclosed.

Steve Winterbourne Montreal, QC

charged double and triple for extended days. absolutely untrustworthy. should be arrested and charged for robberysay its in the contract but its not.you have to pay exorbited amounts on initial contract. cant do anything about it becuz they have your credit crd DONT EVER RENT FROM THIS COMPANY OR ECONOMY RENTAL CARS. THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY

Jeff Westport, CT

OMG, run from this company! I was one of the thousands of customers who ignored the countless negative reviews of Fox and I paid for it. I won't cover the whole, horrible experience in detail, but will just let everyone know the biggest issue, which is that I waited two hours for roadside assistance, finally called an Uber, and discovered 8 hours later that the service truck was "still on it's way".

Yana New Milford, CT

My daughter rented a car from them in Orlando. The site stated the cost included all fees. She called the company to confirm and was ensured that would be the price. When she arrived the price was $150 more. When she explained that she was told the price would not change they asked that she pay anyway and call the next day as they would listen to the call's recording and refund her. After they listened to the call they still refused to give her the money back and blamed it on Priceline which she didn't even use or talk to. She spoke with their operator. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

We were able to find a great deal on a van rental through Fox. The drop off and pick up was a little crazy as things just seemed rushed and pushed through fast, it seemed a little like organized chaos.... But we got a nice van, had a great trip and it wasn't very hard when we returned the vehicle.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

I would say that this car rental place is average in their business as a whole. The service was ok and the cars were a little old and not really clean. However, the price was much lower than other companies and all we needed was a car to get us around for a few days.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

I’ve only rented from Fox one time and it was a decent experience. I wouldn’t say five stars as I had to wait in line for quite a while but no problems other than that.

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Rented a car from Fox in Chicago. I had reserved 2 cars for my coaches. When we got there, they said they didn't have the cars we reserved. We need suburbans, but they only had sedans. Waited about 2 hours before we got our cars (minivans). Just a hassle and bad service.

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

A smaller company, but offered us a great deal for our vacation. The car selection wasn't the greatest, but we didn't care because we didn't need anything fancy.

William John Spina Seattle, WA

This Car Company left us stranded at John Wayne Airport (SNA) late at night and offered no help for my family.

Ibrahim Almajid Lancaster, NY

This company is a total scam. They charged me by hundreds of dollars without asking or telling me. They charged me for OPTIONAL services I NEVER wanted or asked for. This company is just unbelievable.

Jeff B Eagle Mountain, UT

Rented a minivan and the van sounded like it was going to fall a part. Customer service was good. The van was not so good...

Dylan Findlay South Jordan, UT

Less than desirable experience with this company. It seemed affordable until they tacked on all the extra fees. Also, the rental agent was rude. Will never rent from this place again.

William South Jordan, UT

I rented a car with this company because it was very affordable. The low price was definitely not worth it though. The car was filthy and did not run well. I won't use this company again.

Jason Brand Salt Lake City, UT

Pretty terrible experience using fox at the LAX airport a few years back. None of the pickup busses said fox on them and couldn't get ahold of anybody on the phone. Finally took one of the other buses and walked to Fox.

Rebecca Managua, MN

I highly recommend Fox Rent a Car. They have great prices, and they also have great options for young drivers.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

We rented from Fox paying with a school credit card since we were on a school trip. We had 4 cars with 4 drivers under 1 contract. It took 2 hours to get the cars ready, since they couldn't figure out how to give out 4 cars with one credit card. Awful experience!