dan Bel Air, MD

Never ever rent from Ace Car Rental. Having rented hundreds of cars in the US and abroad from almost every major company, I have never seen such unprofessional service. I rented from the Las Vegas airport location. They left me waiting for their shuttle for almost an hour in 106 degree heat. Their phone is on a loop so you cannot reach them by phone. Corporate was aware of this. They then insisted that I not use a debit card and promised to bill the debit card when I returned the car. When returning the car, they refused to use my debit card even though their own notes showed they promised to do so. As I was waiting, another customer was frustrated that they opened two hours late. I reached out to corporate and spoke with Christina, a manager. She emailed the Las Vegas manager who never returned my call. Christina said there was nothing else she could do. She claimed she had no manager (I'm sure she's not the CEO) and refused to allow me to speak with her manager. I told her I would write a complaint and she said that was fine as she handles all the complaints. Worst company ever!!!!

Joe Denver, CO

I was appalled at what's going on with this company. I had booked a 15 passenger van for a family trip well in advance. I chose Ace because they had the best price and kind of figured that all the companies are pretty much the same. Firstly, at Denver airport, it doesn't even feel professional. They don't have an office or a building. They have a mobile home set up as an office. Every customer was complaining about their cars being dirty. (I was in line a long time, so, I got to hear a lot of stuff going on). The staff would say, "yeah, we don't have a car wash here. Just a power washer and it's broken. You can get the car washed yourself and we'll reimburse you up to $10." One customer said "Where do you know that I can get a minivan washed for $10?!". The staff just shrugged. They would come the sales pitch for the pre-paid tolls. Colorado doesn't have toll booths. They photo your license plate then send you the bill. You could pay $11 per day for pre paid tolls or pay $25 per toll plus the cost of the toll!!! Either way is a ripoff!!! (a typical tll is $3.90 or so around denver). Add a driver? Another $10 per day! When it was finally my turn to get the van, she casually asked if I was just taking it down town. I replied that it was actually a family trip through colorado and Utah. She said "You can't take the van out of the state or it will turn off." Uhhh, ok. So, after 30 mins of talking to them, reading the fine print, and calling the head office, I had three different answers to 'what happens if I drive out of state': 1) The car will turn off 2) I would be charged 25 cents per mile driven out of state 3) I would be charged 50 cents per mile for the entire trip even if only 1 mile was out of state. After reading some reviews of ACE and contemplating the answers I was getting from the company itself, I quickly decided against doing business with them. I went to enterprise and had an entirely different experience. Completely professional. I now knew the questions to ask: extra driver was free, tolls are simply charged to my credit card at the actual cost of the toll, I could drive anywhere in the us. Ace is a complete fly by night operation and a total money grab. It may appear cheaper at first, but the extras add up very quickly. And should something go wrong, this is not the company you want to deal with.

Yingbing Liu Bethesda, MD

Their staffs are not polite. They are taking extra charges, which are not mentioned in car rental web, such as only driving within state but shown no mileage limitation.

Reply from Ace Rent A Car

I'm sorry to hear of your experience. If you'd like us to open a customer care case please email [email protected]

Lauren Absecon, NJ

Overcharged us for rental car. Been trying to call for last hour and continue to get disconnected. When I got someone on the phone, they said they can't find our reservation number even though it must be there since we've already picked up and dropped off the car.

Bryan Shackelford Seymour, TN

Ace sucks. Thought I would money using them. Booked car 5 months in advance for Miami vacation. When I booked the car it was 67 dollars a day for 4 days. 268 total dollars. Got bill for rental on 9/19/21 573.68. have called customer service to complain and keep getting hung up on. Will never rent from ace again and I hope you the reader never does. They suck....

Justin Gonzalez Las Vegas, NV

Do not rent from this place! They gave us a car with one bald tire that went flat on the expressway. We took the car back and the worker (Brandy) checking us in got extremely rude when I asked for a manager to show them. The manager (Mark) was useless and wouldn't do anything but tell me to fill out a claim form. And he wouldn't write anything down stating the tires condition or have a mechanic look at it. I regret not reading the reviews for this place. Discount prices shouldn't equal unsafe vehicles.

MarJer Durango, CO

The worst car rental in 50+ yrs of renting. The agent told us it was 1/2 full, which it was and return it half full. We checked the agreement before returning and he had marked it tank full! Our fault for not looking at the agreement before we leave! He then tried to intimidate us into getting insurance, insisting until I started to call from another service to pick us up. . It was in a very sketchy neighborhood at night off the airport. Never again!!

Qefernam Denver, CO

Horrible, do not rent from this company. Rented a car through Priceline. The Ace rental in Jacksonville Florida is away from the airport. We took a shuttle when we arrive we found out they require you to pay for insurance at $8.95 per day and if you use a Bank card it is an additional $10.00 a day. Then I was told if I didn't like it I could go somewhere else. I didn't have time to catch a shuttle back to the airport and find a different car. Shame on me for not reading the reviews before I choose Ace Rentals. The people working the counter were surly and seemed unhappy to be there.

Tony Riverton, UT

Pretty good experience renting with Ace in CA. Good rates and fairly convenient location just a few miles away from the airport. They offer a free shuttle and the customer service was great.

Carla Sizemore Akron, OH

Ace Rentacar sister company Verve (we booked with Ace) overcharged us $91.60 by lying and making us purchase the insurance. Verve went out of business and Ace will not own up to the overcharge. Do not rent from Ace, they are rip-offs!

Jack Beverly Hills, CA

Gave me a car with only half a tank of gas. When I called them to tell them, they said it’s supposed to be full, but because I didn’t take a photo to prove anything (and I had already driven off the lot), it’s too bad for me.

Dee A Arlington, TX

Please for the love of ALL your peace - DO NOT rent from this place - these reviews are not ALL made from a mad place- its A REALLY PROBLEM going to this place - please don t go! They are so unprofessional and they will overcharge you for things you didn't agree on.

dan baurceanu Minneapolis, MN

After they demanded extra payment upon me trying to pick up the car, they refused service when I respectfully expressed dissatisfaction.

Reply from Ace Rent A Car

Sorry to hear of the trouble you faced during your rental experience. Please email us at [email protected] so we can further investigate this for you.

KIM A BEACH Idyllwild, CA

TERRIBLE CAR RENTAL COMPANY. NOT THE CAR I BOOKED. OVER AN HOUR AT THE PICK UP POINT TO GET TO THE RENTAL OFFICE. UP CHARGES. CALLED CORPORATE AND GOT NO WERE. ITS EVIDENT YOU AS THE CUSTOMER JUST DO NOT MATTER.

Tarheelntn Oak Ridge, TN

Las Vegas Rental office closes at 11:30pm- office located off airport in sketchy (at night) area. Waited in line to get car almost an hour. Nice car, cheaper price- not worth the trouble!

Doug Foerch Vernon Hills, IL

They have the lowest prices I could find. Their renting process was easy as well.

Reply from Ace Rent A Car

Thank you for the kind review. We look forward to serving your rental needs again in the future!

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Awesome service! The variety of vehicles to choose from is large, and the staff is always kind and helpful.

joyce waldvogel South Ozone Park, NY

I only gave one star because I couldnt give a zero. My husband waited on line at JFK for 2.5 hours to pick up an inferior car. Stay away, even at twice the price

Sajeev FL

I had a bad experience from this rental company.When you book online ,price is different when you pickup. I never rent a car from this company in future.