LendingTree Logo

LendingTree

7.1

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that was founded in 1996 by Doug Lebda. The company seeks to empower consumers by providing a list of lenders that customers qualify for and can easily compare offered rates and terms from. The range of lender services extends to business, mortgages, auto loans, personal loans, and more. Since its founding, LendingTree has helped over 40 million people find the right lender and loan for them.

The Good

• Multiple Loan Offers
  • Educational Resources
  • Business Transparency

Multiple Loan Offers

LendingTree presents borrowers with multiple business loan types simultaneously (from multiple lenders, as LendingTree does not provide loans themselves). Customers can then compare rates and choose the lending company that best meets their loan request needs. LendingTree provides these loan terms and options online and services all 50 states.

LendingTree provides a variety of types of business loan lenders. The company offers quotes for SBA, short-term loans, long-term loans, business lines of credit, business credit cards, equipment financing, and accounts receivable financing. Customers can choose the loan type and lender that best meets their needs.

Educational Resources

LendingTree provides borrowers with extensive information about business loan types. The company defines each loan and explains qualifying factors. In addition, its website includes articles discussing business loans and provides a glossary of important loan terms.

Business Transparency

LendingTree is transparent about its platform and how the company makes its money. Its website is easy to use and provides helpful information regarding multiple lenders and loan types.

The Bad

• Varying Fees
  • Lack of Rate Information

Varying Fees

LendingTree provides customers with multiple loan offers from a variety of different lenders. Each lender charges a different origination fee as well as varying upfront fees and closing costs. These fees are not standard across companies so customers will need to verify fees and rates before purchasing a business loan.

Lack of Rate Information

LendingTree does not display transparent rate information for business loans. Customers who are interested in business loans will have to fill out a LendingTree form to receive specific quotes. However, LendingTree does have a business loan calculator that lets you input information (such as time in business, annual revenue, credit score, etc.) to receive a borrow range.

The Bottom Line

LendingTree is an online loan marketplace that provides customers with multiple lenders and offers at once. Its website includes information and resources for customers interested in business loans to help with the purchasing process. However, it's important to note that LendingTree fees will vary based on lenders and because of this, LendingTree does not list its specific rates and terms. You will need to fill out a LendingTree form to find out more information regarding your personalized offers. See LendingTree reviews below to see what customers have to say about the company.

View Best Business Loan Lenders

4.8

MARGIE ROSE Pittsburgh, PA

I recently worked with Kristen T. for a large Business Loan. Kristen was so wonderful and helpful and extremely honest in all her communications and options. She worked really hard to give me the best opportunities available! I appreciate everything she did along the way and the results are perfect for me and the growth of my Business! Thank you! And Thank Goodness to wonderful companies like Lending Tree who are there to help those of us who are self employed!

Sonya N Los Angeles, CA

I had the pleasure of working with Kyle & when I tell you he was so attentive and very considerate of all my needs. He made sure I was the number one priority in all decision making and he definitely was patient throughout the entire process.

David Crocker Eden Prairie, MN

I was a little disappointed to see $750 tacked on at the 11th hour as an "origination fee" without prior notification. I guess all you small cap services are the same as far as your 30% APR s on unsecured loans. I trust our revolving line of credit we apply for next year is more 'within reason'.

Cadena Inc Salt Lake City, UT

I had never pursued short term lending until now. The experience was awesome. From the start the contacts communicated clearly and the process was easy and very quick. Thank you.

Imsomie leeper New York, NY

Sean K Saved the day. A fellow musician that understood that getting a music fee can sometime be net 60-90. He was able to get me funded to keep me a float until my payments came in.

Kathy Dillon Chehalis, WA

Brian was excellent in getting this loan done. He answered all my questions and got back to be in a timely manor after information was sent to him.. Would use them again for a loan.

Justin Howard Wichita, KS

It took a few days to get a response after my application but then Brian made the process quick and easy. They were willing to work with my unique circumstance.

Ellis Parsons New York, NY

The process with LendingTree was great! The application was straightforward and my account manager made sure everything was clear. Thank you again.

Affordable Concrete Construction LLC Sun Prairie, WI

Rapid response time from initial inquiry, and overall time from initial inquiry to close was excellent. Job well done.

Crossroads Surveying Denver, CO

Staff was pleasant and informative of options available A very comfortable experience obtaining a loan.

Norman Higgs Dudley, MA

Very helpful, Great communication! Less than 2 weeks to close on loan.

Shandel Arkadie Aurora, CO

Lending Tree was very communicative with me during the entire process.

Edward Estrada San Antonio, TX

my experience was A+, no push push push to try and win me as a client.

Joe Rockville Centre, NY

Keith was very helpful in guiding me through the process.

Mickell Smith

They took care of my financial needs fast, friendly and professionally