Credibly

6.1

Formally known as Retail Capital, Credibly is a small business lender that helps businesses navigate the murky underworld of alternative funding. The company has been in business since 2010. Like most alternative funding companies, Credibly helps customers who are under-served by banks and works hard on underwriting procedures to provide business owners with viable alternatives to conventional business loans.

Consumers that choose Credibly should remember that they must have a credit score of 550 or higher.

The Good

• Easy Application
  • Product Coverage
  • Fast Access to Cash

Easy Application

There are several benefits to choosing Credibly as your alternative funding source. To start, Credibly puts its application requirements and rates online for everyone to access. This may seem like a simple thing, but when you look at companies across the business loan industry, only a handful display this information.

Requirements include:

• At least six months in business
  • No credit score cut off
  • At least $15,000 per month in deposits
  • 2.5 percent origination fee
  • Personal guarantee

Credibly's "six months in business" minimum is great for startups, and the fact that the company does not judge borrowers solely based on their credit score is nice for small business owners looking to start over. Personal credit checks are done by soft pull during the application process, but borrowers do not have to provide lengthy credit card statements and financial documentation.

Product Coverage

In an effort to be as transparent as possible, Credibly helps businesses research the best options they qualify for. The online application makes it simple to explore the options without hurting your credit score. In addition to working capital, Credibly also provides access to SBA loan programs, equipment financing, lines of credit, credit invoicing, and other flexible financial solutions.

Fast Access to Cash

Credibly's application process is relatively quick; the company only requires a simple one-page application after filling out the online form, while other lenders (especially banks) have lengthy paperwork processes for small business loans. Approval can be received in as little as 24 hours, and within another 48 hours, borrowers can receive access to their funds. With traditional banks and other financiers, it can take as long as 30 days to receive approval and access to funds.

The Bad

• Relatively High Interest Rates
  • Merchant Cash Advances

Relatively High Interest Rates

Interest rates with Credibly range from 9.99 to 36 percent, which is relatively high when compared to industry averages. Further, the company charges an origination fee of 2.5 percent of the total loan amount and loans require a personal guarantee, which means that if the borrower cannot pay back their loan, the company can collect on the borrower's personal real estate and bank accounts.

Merchant Cash Advances

Credibly offers merchant cash advances (MCAs), which is a type of financing that is not a loan, but rather a sale of future receivables. Typically, small businesses use these resources to bolster their payroll, make short-term capital expenditures, and pay for other resources that are considered "short term." However, MCAs take away from a company's future credit card receipts, a vital source of revenue for small businesses, so there is higher risk involved.

The Bottom Line

Credibly offers some of the best financing options for small business owners. Here is what makes the company a great lender:

• Easy, one-page application lets potential borrowers apply within minutes
  • Borrowers can receive approval within 24 hours
  • Borrowers can have access to funding within 48 hours
  • Business owners can borrow up to $400,000

View Best Business Loan Providers

3.3

Peter Marino Lexington, MA

Credibly is a first class company to do business with. We, like many small businesses, suffered through the first phase of the coronavirus and sore substantial decreases in sales. Credibly was there to offer us a plan that we could meet. Fortunately we are now back on schedule and they have cooperated by extending us for an additional loan term due to the smaller payments we made during the virus outbreak.

John Aslin Kemp, TX

Credibility helped my company when we were in a financial bind I needed new work equipment immediately. Within 24 hours we received money in our bank just as they promised. Our payments and fees have been just as they were laid out in our contract. They talk to us every month or so making sure that we are financially stable things are going well and I’ve even offered us another loan. Thank you Credibility for helping my small business stay alive.

Lauren Waxahachie, TX

The gentleman that helped me through the process with credibly was Ryan. He was quick and efficient. He told me exactly what I needed I provided it to him in a timely manner. Once he had all my documentation the underwriting department contacted me tell me when do expect the funds in my account and the next morning they were there. From my first conversation with Ryan until funding it was less than 48 hours. They explain all the different term options you have and they don't try and get you to take more than you need. Their goal is to keep you within your budget. It was a great experience and if I need funding for another project in the future Ryan will be who I contact First.

Reply from Credibly

Thanks, Lauren! We appreciate the kind words. Our goal is to simplify the funding process and help you lock in the best financing solution for your business. We're happy that you're happy! Oliver Mupas Director, Engagement Team

Satisfied Credibly Customer Charleston, SC

Credibly did an unbelievable job helping me out during the pandemic. When others lenders stopped, Credibly was there for me to provide working capital. I appreciate their confidence in me and my business.

Steve Skarritt Katy, TX

Moe with Affinity Beyond Capital was dishonest and scammed me. He makes promises he can't keep. I had 3 days to cancel a loan and I was on my way to the bank to cancel it. He told me he would look like a real *** (you fill in the symbols) if I did and give it a few months and he would make things right. He never did. He said they are only the brokerage firm but he could get me a better loan, not interested. Credibly, who is the lender firm, was deducting daily from my business account. When the pandemic hit, funds got tough. They eventually drained my account and kept trying to get more and more. I contacted them in March and I let them know they had overdrawn my account. They still kept trying and trying. I ended up with over $1,000 just in NSF fees. Charnise D with Credibly, would send me texts asking me to to contact her. When I did I sent her a text asking how much I owed. Twice I asked, May 13th and May 19th and she wouldn't respond. In an email I was told by her she no longer handled my account. On June 18th I find out they put a lien on my online selling account with Amazon. I only found out because Amazon contacted me in letting me know 31K was placed on hold. I then contact James C with Credibly to get wire instructions to pay them off. I'm supposed to get paid by Amazon in 2 days and I wanted to get this taken care of. I immediately do a bank wire, send him the confirmation, and he drags his feet in contacting Amazon. I had to jump through hoops to get Amazon to release the hold and more than 2 weeks later I finally got paid for the amount being held. Not only did I contact Charnise D twice by text to find out how much I owed, I emailed her on May 27th and I said if they took care of the NSF fees I would pay half of what I owed. I contacted them again June 4th saying if they took care of the NSF fees I'd pay off the loan. I was ignored and the lien was placed. Stay away from this place. He says they are only the brokerage firm but they are in bed with the lending firms. This is legal loan sharks and there is no other way to put it. If they really cared, especially during the world crisis that was affecting everybody, they would've been professional showed some compassion and understood the wrong they did and made it right. Instead they were greedy in knowing they would get their money in 2 weeks and that's all that mattered. I have proof of everything stated in this review and hopefully it'll help somebody from having to go through what I went through. Nobody deserves this kind of treatment.

Shannon Vargas Riverside, CA

I have received emails weekly for months from credibly. Today I replied as I am about to start a large project that I will need to find up front for approx 4-6 months. Andre M was the “gentleman” I dealt with & WOW is all I can say. Not only is he extremely unprofessional but when I told him I was no longer interested and to please not run my info his response was not only unprofessional but beyond childish. He said and I quote “No need for threats. We do $15 million per month. I think we will survive without you...lol.” (Copied & pasted from his email) I didn’t threaten him I simply said do not run my info and I was interested in their service after corresponding with him. PLEASE train your staff to be professional and advise them they are talking to business owners not friends on Facebook!

Stephen J Bezner Weatherford, TX

Be prepared to be charged extra fees for maintenance and stacking. If your company is growing and will need more funds to grow, this is not the place for you. Credibly waits until the last of your contract then reaches out to get you to renew and asks for bank statements. With these statements, they charge large fees even if you pay on time and per agreement. I will not go back and they wll not care. Poor customer retention, good luck.

William Sauve Sturgeon Bay, WI

Very positive. Quick response to my questions and they approved the request very quickly.

Reply from Credibly

Thanks, William! We take pride in making the funding process as seamless as possible and are proud to be supporting your business. To your success, Oliver Mupas Director, Engagement Team

Scott Rogers Norman, OK

Easy to work with. Process wasn't difficult and they got me the funds I needed.

Reply from Credibly

Thanks, Scott! We're happy that everything went smoothly and that you were able to receive all of the funds you needed for your business. All the best, Oliver Mupas Director, Engagement Team

Jennifer Harkins Sharpsburg, GA

Horrible customer service. Took an extremely long time to get approved, then they take you through the ringer. Would NEVER recommend them.

Mike Quirk Thornton, IL

Easy process !! Answered all questions, great follow-up

Reply from Credibly

Thanks, Mike! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. Fast, simple, and transparent are what we aim for :] We're here for you when you need us! Oliver Mupas Director, Engagement Team

[email protected] Pomona, CA

This company lie about there services and the way they preform unprofessional underwriter team Beware!!!! Credibly.com Business loans not fair