CAN Capital

CAN Capital verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

CAN Capital is the largest source of alternative funding for small businesses in the United States. Since 1998, the company has provided almost $6 billion in capital, assisting roughly 125,000 small- and medium-sized businesses throughout North America.

CAN Capital requirements include a 680 credit score, two months in business, and an annual revenue of $150,000. Entrepreneurs come from a variety of industry backgrounds. Often, those who borrow once from CAN Capital come back and borrow more (70 percent of customers renew).

Best Uses

Business loans from CAN Capital are often used for inventory, equipment upgrades, business renovations, and everyday expenses.

Minimum Qualifications

#1 9.1 9.0 Read Review
#2 6.9 7.5 Read Review
#3 6.6 10 Read Review
#8 5.8 9.6 Current

The Good

• Transparent Information
  • Positive Reviews
  • Prepayment Discount

Loan Terms

CAN Capital is a great funding option for new and small businesses. CAN Capital will loan anywhere from $2,500 to $150,000. The average amount loaned to small businesses is around $46,000. The company offers loan terms anywhere from 4 to 24 months, while the average life of a small business loan sits around 13 months. Additionally, the average interest rate of one of these loans is 27.3 percent.

Positive CAN Capital Reviews

Every CAN Capital reviews we have on our site is positive. Entrepreneurs say that CAN Capital employees are great to work with. The company usually provides quick funding and always makes the funding process smooth and easy.

Transparent Information

CAN Capital is so great for business loans because they have low requirements that are displayed online. They even have a calculator to estimate costs. Other lenders will only tell you their cost and requirements after you apply. With transparent information from CAN Capital, you can decide right away if this is a good loan for you and your business.

Prepayment Discount

Actually, CAN Capital rewards companies that payback their loans early with a six percent prepayment discount on the FULL outstanding balance after 90 days (if the account is in good standing). When you apply for a loan with CAN Capital, this information is in their Business Loan Agreement.

Fast Funding

Loans from CAN Capital are ideal for businesses that need fast access to small amounts of cash (two days to funding). Most banks won't even look at loans under $50,000, and many alternative lenders only provide minimum loans of $5,000. With CAN Capital, you can get a $2,500 loan. To qualify for higher loans, you must be making more than the minimum requirement each month.

The Bad

• Interest Rates
  • Small Loans
  • Missing Information

Interest Rates

The majority of people think that the most important aspect of a business loan is the interest rate, and we tend to agree with them. When you take out a loan with CAN Capital, you will pay about $0.35 in interest for every $1 you take out. These calculations are based on CAN Capital's own calculator - taking out a $100,000 loan for 12 months. However, these rates go down with your term length. For example, if you only need to borrow cash for four months, CAN Capital charges around $0.15 per $1 borrowed.

Small Loans

The annual revenue requirement is high with a minimum of $150,000. The highest amount CAN Capital will lend is $150,000 - slightly lower than the average. But if you want to access this much cash, your business needs to generate around $1 million in monthly sales. As far as we can tell, no other lender has such high revenue requirements.

Missing Information

CAN Capital has no prepayment penalties and no closing costs. Even though these are great features, they do not display this information on their website.

The Bottom Line

A business loan from CAN Capital is one of the best options out there. Businesses should remember that while their interest rates may be as low as 15 percent, they could reach as high as 35 percent. CAN Capital is an industry leader in terms of providing a top-notch service for small businesses based upon the following criteria: They provide fast access to cash, have no hidden fees, and show actual loan requirements. We definitely recommend using CAN Capital for your business loan needs.

11 CAN Capital Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

November 1st, 2016 Plainfield, IL

Everything went smooth, just a minor misunderstanding on when the loan would be funded. But everyone was great to work with, helpful and responsive.

October 19th, 2016 Colorado Springs, CO

I really like the idea of a daily payment instead of having to worry all month about making one large payment. I think I am going to start applying this to a lot of my expenses. It is much easier to swallow in little bits. Thank you, Jennifer May, for your outstanding Customer Service

October 12th, 2016 Munising, MI

Cliff was very helpful and professional. I really appreciate his extra effort and commitment.

October 4th, 2016 Colorado Springs, CO

This was the easiest! I love the small daily payments!

October 26th, 2015 Las Vegas, NV

The process was quick and easy. The funds were in our account in 24 hours. Great people to work with.

October 6th, 2015 GA

I have been with Can Capital for about 3 years and it has been a great experience for my company.

October 6th, 2015 Pico Rivera, CA

I have been a customer of CAN Capital for about three years now and the transactions were always straightforward, making it very smooth and very easy for me to go through the process. I am looking forward to a long business partnership with CAN Capital.

September 14th, 2015 Chattanooga, TN

CAN Capital employees was very kind and pleasant to work with. This was my first time using a company like CAN instead of going through a bank. My only complaint would be being told funding usually takes a day and from the time I was told it was approved it took 5 additional days for funding to be transferred and 1 more day to post. This put me in a tight spot that I could have avoided if I would have know the process would take 6 days. I would definitely use CAN Capital again in the future just remembering to give the process a little more time.

September 10th, 2015 Cleveland, GA

CAN Capital was great to work with. We had lots of offers from other companies but CAN was quite a bit lower with their fees. Since we are in a very capital intensive business we always need funding for various needs and we hope to have a very long lasting relationship with CAN

June 19th, 2015 New York, NY

I have been a customer of CAN Capital's for over 10 years. Through good times and bad, they have always been there for me, including in 2008 when the bank pulled my line of credit. CAN Capital was there to help us get through that time and has since assisted us through expansion to a second location. Great people, highly recommended, they are really good to their loyal customers!

June 18th, 2015 Smyrna, GA

CAN Capital is a great company.Helped me and my business in a time of need. Very easy to work with and made the process as painless as possible. Would use them again if necessary.