Wedding.com is a free wedding planning website that focuses on providing brides-to-be with optimal vendor relationships throughout the planning process.

The Knot chevron_right
Brides.com chevron_right
MyWedding chevron_right

The Good

• Acts as a Mediator
  • Thorough Vendor Info
  • Photo Share app

Acts as a Mediator

Wedding.com's appeal is its guarantee that brides-to-be can "pay with peace of mind." When you book a vendor through Wedding.com, you will only pay for work that you have receive and approved and your payments will be processed through the site's secure online payment system - so vendors never have access to your personal financial information. In addition, Wedding.com will act as a mediator if there is any sort of dispute or disagreement between you and a vendor. This means that you're more protected against potential no-show vendors, incomplete or unsatisfactory work and breach of contract.

Thorough Vendor Info

The vendor information provided by Wedding.com is very thorough: you can browse vendors by category and location, but the better option is to visit the Photos section of the site and scroll through the photos to find examples of work that you like. When you click a photo, it pulls up additional photos from that particular vendor, basic information and an option to click through to a full vendor profile if you like what you see so far. The vendor profile contains more photos, videos, pricing information, reviews and frequently-asked questions.

Photo Share App

As for planning tools, Wedding.com has a checklist, budget tracker, customizable RSVP tracker, couples site creator and the option to set up a cash gift registry. Wedding.com also features an app called Photo Share. Guests can snap photos throughout your ceremony and reception, which are then instantly visible on your couples site and as a photo album on the phones of guests who have downloaded the app.

The Bad

• Lacks Features
  • No Tips or Advice

Lacks Features

Wedding.com lacks features that many other wedding planning websites offer, including a seating chart and the ability to email guests.

No Tips or Advice

This site also lacks a blog or article-based section. This means that brides-to-be will have to look elsewhere for ideas and advice on topics other than vendors.

The Bottom Line

If you'll be comparing or hiring vendors for your wedding, consider using Wedding.com. It will keep the payment process straightforward and help to keep your chosen vendors accountable and responsive - which will no doubt relieve a little of that wedding planning stress. Unless you already have a crystal-clear idea of each detail of your wedding, you'll still want to visit other sites - but you'll probably have plenty of free time with Wedding.com keeping your vendor hassles to a minimum.

1.0

Tracy Riter

October 24th, 2017 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a terrible service for vendors. I spent a ridiculous amount of money on this, with the promise that I would have someone along side me as a vendor teaching me how to use the service. Not only did I not receive that, I did not get any business from wedding.com, but I also wasted what little time I could have been using elsewhere trying to chase down clients that would never reply. I had paid the amount, and agreed that it was non-refundable, so I finally just wrote it off as a lost cause. Then, this month, I got charged again, and I called in where she told me that I could get "six months free" but I could not get that money refunded. Even though I have not used their service, or gotten ANY business from it. If you are a vendor DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. The staff is unhelpful, you will spend WAY more money on this than you make from it, and it is not at all worth your time.

Dana

September 1st, 2017 Sanford, FL

Wedding.com has zero concern for the vendor. They charge a large premium with no promise of return and no avenues to improve your odds. Even in a large metro area 90% of the leads are "refunded" as the proposal isn't read. You lose the credits every month so those "refunds" are lost. The company will not work with you to improve your experience. I am not the only local vendor to have these issues. I only wish I had found out before trying them.

olivia

November 23rd, 2016 Spokane, WA

I paid for their service for three months, and there was no owe booking. Stephanie just decided to block my account without notice and without explanation!!! she just decided to do that for no reason, and also she began to demand 150 dollars for the fact that she has decided to close my account. she responded my letters in a very rude and arrogant manner, but in the beginning, she was the sweetest person.

Emily

October 2nd, 2016 Newburyport, MA

Do not sign up for Wedding.com! It is a scam! My boyfriend and I are photographers and had moved into a new location! We thought signing up for this site would help with the Marketing of our business. It only wasted our time and our money. We signed up for it in the spring and in August had gotten nothing after spending hours writing and sending out countless email. We were planning on moving to Hawaii in the winter and I looked on their site to see if would be beneficial to keep the site. It was not. So I emailed the company asking to deactivate my account. Jessica said it would be $150 to deactivate the account. I said I wanted to deactivate it. She wrote me another emailing saying that it would be $150 to deactivate the account prior to the 12 month membership. I again said I wanted to deactivate our account. She then sent me an email saying another option was to use Wedding.com for 3 more months then if we still didn't want it to contact them! Do they not understand that we are moving and did not want to use Wedding.com anymore! I told them 3 times to deactivate the account! It is more beneficial for them to keep putting off the $150 deactivation as it is $50 a month and we still had 8 more months of membership at the time. It is a scam and this company needs to be exposed and future venders need to be warned! It is not right that I spent all this money that I got nothing in return for! WARNING: WEDDING.COM IS A SCAM!!