Wix.com Logo

Wix.com

9.8

LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2021

A world-class website building platform, Wix has all the tools needed to build an online presence for both professional and personal use.

Wix was founded in 2006 and has steadily grown every year since. The company now serves over 110 million customers worldwide and has an average of 45,000 new sign-ups every day. Wix’s business model helps customers to quickly and easily get a website functioning and published so they can reach their customers.

The Good

• User-Friendly Interface
  • Competitive Pricing on Premium Plans
  • e-Commerce Tools
  • App Market
  • Customer Support

User-Friendly Interface

With its simple and easy-to-understand platform, Wix makes it easy to create a free website, no matter the user’s experience with website building. Wix users can get started with Wix ADI or Wix Editor and make a website in just a few short hours.

• Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI)
    For busy entrepreneurs who want a website up as quickly as possible, Wix ADI is a solid choice. All users need to do is answer a few short questions about themselves, their business, their design preferences, and Wix ADI will build a personalized website that is ready to go live.

• Wix Editor
    Users can start with a blank slate or choose from one of the 500 designer-made templates. Boasting the world’s most innovative drag and drop website builder, Wix makes it easy to add videos, backgrounds, animation, pictures and more — without having to worry about learning code.

• Wix Code
    Adding to all the capabilities of Wix Editor, Wix Code lets users build custom web applications, set up database collections, add custom forms, and more. Wix Code makes it easy to collect and analyze data that will help grow and build a business.

Competitive Pricing on Premium Plans

While users can create a website for free, upgrading to a Premium Plan has certain benefits. Users will be able to connect their own domain (replace the free Wix URL with a custom domain purchased from Wix or a previously owned one), remove Wix ads from their site, enjoy fast and reliable web hosting, increase storage, and more. Each premium plan offers numerous features and benefits. The higher the plan, the more features. Here are some of the features you can expect with each plan:

Combo: $11 per month

• 2GB Bandwidth
  • 3GB Storage
  • Free Domain for 1 Year

Unlimited: $14 per month

• 10GB Storage
  • Site Booster App
  • Form Builder App

Pro: $19 per month

• Professional Logo

Business VIP: $35 per month

• 50GB Storage
  • Priority Response
  • VIP Support

The prices shown are for yearly subscriptions and are paid in full at the time of purchase. Prices don’t include the value-added tax (VAT), which is determined by the customer’s billing country.

If users sign up for a premium plan and are unhappy with it, they have 14-days to cancel their subscription and receive a full refund.

e-Commerce Tools

Wix has plenty of e-Commerce capabilities for users to utilize. Business owners can easily manage and keep track of orders and inventory, offer multiple payment solutions, create, manage, and share promotional coupons, as well as set customized tax and shipping rules. Users should be aware that they will need to purchase a Business and e-Commerce plan in order to receive any payments.

App Market

In addition to the main features offered by the Wix website builder, the company also has an App Market customers can visit and choose features they would like to add to their site. The apps range from comment boxes, polls, and live chats to subscriptions for newsletters, SEO tools, and social media managers. Once a customer has found an app they are interested in, adding to their site is relatively simple. Users simply need to click the add button and most of the work is done for them. This service allows customers to customize their website and make it as interactive as they want it to be.

Customer Support

Customers with questions have the following options to get in touch with the Wix Support Team:

• Wix Online Help Center
    The help center is packed with frequently asked questions, how-tos, and detailed walkthroughs. Wix encourages users to keep their queries as short and focused as possible to get the best results.
  • Wix Call Center
    The call center is open Monday-Thursday, 5:00am-5:00pm (PST) and Wix offers phone support in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
  • Wix Social Media
    Wix is fairly active on its social media channels and encourages users to ask for advice, post questions, or just enjoy the tips and updates.

The Bad

• Free Version Requisite
  • Cannot Switch Templates After Publishing

Free Version Requisite

Wix is free, as long as users are okay with having, wix.com, in their URL. For most people, this isn’t a problem, but users wanting to use Wix for professional use might want to use a personalized domain name. Wix does have the option for users to choose their own domain name, but that requires a Combo, Unlimited, e-Commerce or VIP Plan.

Cannot Switch Templates After Publishing

Once a user selects a template and publishes their site, it is not possible to go back and apply a different template. Also, users can’t combine two different Wix templates in one site. Because users can only work with one template at a time, they should select a template they are happy with.

The Bottom Line

Wix users might have a few hang-ups with the website builder such as not being able to change the template after it’s been published and needing a premium plan in order to receive payments, but these aren’t deal breakers. And while the e-Commerce capabilities aren’t as extensive as others in the industry, it still has plenty of tools for a budding company.

Wix’s premium plans are competitively priced ranging from $11-$35 per month. Wix users can even upgrade their plan and if they decide it’s just not for them, they have 14 days to cancel and receive a full refund.

We recommend Wix for those looking to build a small business or personal website — it is a great tool for increasing an online presence and building a brand. There are plenty of SEO and marketing tools for business owners, while college students and bloggers can easily create portfolios and CVs.

ryan Provo, UT

I used Wix for a year before ultimately switching to Shopify. The price was attractive but the backend tech capabilities ended up not being capable of doing what we needed for our website. I liked that I could fully customize my website to exactly how I wanted it, but there a learning process in getting to that point. Overall, Wix is a decent choice for a relatively straightforward e-commerce site

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

Wix.com is a convenient website created that is easy to use. I have made my own cakes and dessert website that I easily shared with others. Wix.com had many ideas/platforms to start a base for your website. If you are not very crafty, or familiar with creating pages, like myself, Wix.com has many short tutorials to help.

Emily Wettstein Pleasant Grove, UT

I had to create a website for a class. Wix is pretty user friendly. I just wish there were more picture options. Sometimes I had to use google to find my own pictures because Wix didn’t have any that I liked or depicted what I wanted.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Wix was very easy to use to build a site. I like all of the different features they offer. I think it is pricey to upgrade especially because you are paying multiple payments and they still require wix advertisement on your site.

jakira johnson Tallahassee, FL

Decided to start a business over quarantine and Wix made it super easy to create a site.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

Wix's best premium features only cost a few bucks a month. They're excellent value and they'll make your visitors think you've paid thousands of dollars for a custom built website. I'd recommend Wix to anyone looking to build either a small business or personal website. Even without premium, Wix is still a wonderful website creator with top of the line designs.

ltrain8796 Orem, UT

I built two websites with Wix on their builder. I had a great response with the clean look of the sites. Clients loved what I did, I loved the simplicity and ease of using Wix.

Brielle Wright San Francisco, CA

I used this in one of my classes for school, it was very easy to access for a first time user. It helped me start everything and get organized with my ideas. Even as I have used it multiple time it is still very helpful.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

great resource for a beginner to set up a website. The Templates available for use, were awesome and made our site look like we spent 10's of thousands of dollars, for a site we only paid $20/month for. Loved using this for our small company site!

Jami Howell Farmington, UT

has a lot of different options and a lot of design schemes, squarespace is more clean looking but wix has more options for everything you would need from scheduling, to apps. had to wait for some updates but overall great site builder.

Courtney Eames Kaysville, UT

I always use wix when building a website! I have found it to be the most user friendly. I have used wix to make a personal blog and career websites. You can make it your own and feel like you are getting the best for your money!

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

Wix has been a great website to host my own website. Their templates are easy to use and they make it easy to create something from scratch. I wish their ads on the basic service were a little more subtle and aesthetically pleasing. Other than that they have been a good platform.

Jada Scott Provo, UT

Wix is a simple, drag and drop web building system that makes creating websites easy (no previous experience or coding knowledge is required). It's so easy to use my 13-year-old daughter was able to make an awesome looking site!

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

Wix was a good site for me to make my first web page on because there we so many templates to choose from, I didn't need to know any code, and it was easy to navigate. also the low cost was a plus after the free trial I used.

Cici Paskett South Jordan, UT

I use this program for my photography site. I enjoyed creating it with wix! It’s fairly easy to use and there are tons of options! There are a lot of different subscriptions but they aren’t worth it to me, so I don’t subscribe for the extra benefits.

Lukaah Marlowe American Fork, UT

Wix is a great website to build a website, and has helped me build mine. It is great, although you have to pay for a lot.

Taylor Hall Los Angeles, CA

Are used WIX to publish my writing portfolio. It’s very easy to use but I wish there was more variety. I’ve never had any issues with it though.

Jolene Pleasant Grove, UT

Wix makes it nice and easy to create your own website. There is a slight learning curve on their program, but way easier to create a site and far cheaper than paying a developer to create one for me. Great site!

April aphe8493 Castle Rock, CO

Wix.com is very user friendly. I was able to easily use this in middle school to create a website and it was actually very quality for the free version. I liked how easy it was to use.

Zac Marx Brighton, CO

Wix.com is a little more difficult to use, however, it looks fantastic and serves its purpose in the end. I enjoy the outlook and end result more than the actual creating of the website.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

Wix is a good web creation and hosting platform. It is quite easy to use and they have a good assortment of modules to choose from. The only downside is that the good add-ons cost money, which can add up quickly.

Neeley Rimal American Fork, UT

Wix.com is a great platform for those looking to create their own website. It is user friendly and walks you through how to set everything up. Their free services are definitely worth your time, too.

Dasha Directo Provo, UT

Wix is the easiest site to use for creating your own website. It's simple and the layouts they give you are customizable and easy. You don't need to know much about html to use it.

Jeffrey Salas Gilbert, AZ

Ever since the internet has come out, we have all wanted to have our own website. I created mine with Wix, simple layout customization's, high level customer service. Its time to legitimize your business.

ltrain8796 Orem, UT

Built 2 websites with Wix and had great response with the look of the sites. Client loved what I did, I loved the simplicity of Wix.

Christopher Whiting Los Angeles, CA

Was great for my first website for my e-commerce business but we outgrew the platform, I do recommend it for startups and simple e-commerce businesses.

Lindsey Newman American Fork, UT

I used wix to build my website for my job and it was pretty straightforward and user friendly. Some slightly confusing aspects but nothing too difficult to sort through

Juan Beaver, PA

Wix is good for someone looking for a quick easy website on the cheap side. They don't give too much that you can customize it is more for a beginner.

Eliza Anne Jones Provo, UT

Wix.com is reliable and easy to use. There are other website builders I would prefer to use over it, but the price is reasonable and well worth your money.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

Wix has such cute creative webpages. I was needing something that is pretty simple for a sports website for my daughter, and choosing Wix made that happen!

Abby Stubbs Brigham City, UT

Wix is easy to use. I made a website in one day that turned out pretty good considering it was using stock templates. I would recommend it.

Amanda Montebello, CA

When I first started my blog I was using Wix and it made building my first site really easy. I always recommend it to friendly and family.

Alyssa Boren American Fork, UT

You can make professional looking websites very easily. The website is easy to navigate and the instructions are clear and understandable.

Brian Scott Provo, UT

I think Wix is the easiest way to create your own website. You don't need to have any coding knowledge and they have lots of great templates.

Shyanne Ovard Eagle Mountain, UT

use this to create a website for my school program. Easy to use and looks nice when published.

Kate Butler Salt Lake City, UT

I used this for a class project. Super easy and takes little time. Wish it didn’t cost money to put website up.

Rachel B Eagle Mountain, UT

I had to build a site using Wix for school, and it was a very simple interface, great for beginners.

Lizzie Smith Midvale, UT

I’m pretty dumb when it comes to tech stuff, so if I can figure Wix out, so can you.

Darrin Henry Pleasant Grove, UT

Wix was very simple to use and easy to navigate. I would like more free options though.

Valarie Heaps Lehi, UT

I love all the available templates that make setting up a website easy for people like me.

Kaia Fakatoumafi West Jordan, UT

Wix is pretty nice. I wish it was easier to create certain things, but it isn’t terribly difficult.

Mitch Krull Pleasant Grove, UT

Easy to use. A bit limited, but overall it's a good value. Use for more basic sites.

Jill B Eagle Mountain, UT

Easy, convenient, affordable. Very user friendly and anyone can use it. Would use again.

Cody Enslow Pleasant Grove, UT

If you have no clue how to start a website this would be the ideal place to start.

Lisa steinepreis Gilbert, AZ

Amazing product for it being free, can be a little difficult to navigate, but overall good.

Troy Siren Gilbert, AZ

Easy to use. Great value. Have used many times over the years.

Trent Provo, UT

They are easy to use and make it fast to set up website that look good.