Wix.com Logo

Wix.com

9.8

LAST UPDATED: August 30th, 2021

A world-class website building platform, Wix has all the tools needed to build an online presence for both professional and personal use.

Wix was founded in 2006 and has steadily grown every year since. The company now serves over 110 million customers worldwide and has an average of 45,000 new sign-ups every day. Wix’s business model helps customers to quickly and easily get a website functioning and published so they can reach their customers.

The Good

• User-Friendly Interface
  • Competitive Pricing on Premium Plans
  • e-Commerce Tools
  • App Market
  • Customer Support

User-Friendly Interface

With its simple and easy-to-understand platform, Wix makes it easy to create a free website, no matter the user’s experience with website building. Wix users can get started with Wix ADI or Wix Editor and make a website in just a few short hours.

• Wix Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI)
    For busy entrepreneurs who want a website up as quickly as possible, Wix ADI is a solid choice. All users need to do is answer a few short questions about themselves, their business, their design preferences, and Wix ADI will build a personalized website that is ready to go live.

• Wix Editor
    Users can start with a blank slate or choose from one of the 500 designer-made templates. Boasting the world’s most innovative drag and drop website builder, Wix makes it easy to add videos, backgrounds, animation, pictures and more — without having to worry about learning code.

• Wix Code
    Adding to all the capabilities of Wix Editor, Wix Code lets users build custom web applications, set up database collections, add custom forms, and more. Wix Code makes it easy to collect and analyze data that will help grow and build a business.

Competitive Pricing on Premium Plans

While users can create a website for free, upgrading to a Premium Plan has certain benefits. Users will be able to connect their own domain (replace the free Wix URL with a custom domain purchased from Wix or a previously owned one), remove Wix ads from their site, enjoy fast and reliable web hosting, increase storage, and more. Each premium plan offers numerous features and benefits. The higher the plan, the more features. Here are some of the features you can expect with each plan:

Combo: $11 per month

• 2GB Bandwidth
  • 3GB Storage
  • Free Domain for 1 Year

Unlimited: $14 per month

• 10GB Storage
  • Site Booster App
  • Form Builder App

Pro: $19 per month

• Professional Logo

Business VIP: $35 per month

• 50GB Storage
  • Priority Response
  • VIP Support

The prices shown are for yearly subscriptions and are paid in full at the time of purchase. Prices don’t include the value-added tax (VAT), which is determined by the customer’s billing country.

If users sign up for a premium plan and are unhappy with it, they have 14-days to cancel their subscription and receive a full refund.

e-Commerce Tools

Wix has plenty of e-Commerce capabilities for users to utilize. Business owners can easily manage and keep track of orders and inventory, offer multiple payment solutions, create, manage, and share promotional coupons, as well as set customized tax and shipping rules. Users should be aware that they will need to purchase a Business and e-Commerce plan in order to receive any payments.

App Market

In addition to the main features offered by the Wix website builder, the company also has an App Market customers can visit and choose features they would like to add to their site. The apps range from comment boxes, polls, and live chats to subscriptions for newsletters, SEO tools, and social media managers. Once a customer has found an app they are interested in, adding to their site is relatively simple. Users simply need to click the add button and most of the work is done for them. This service allows customers to customize their website and make it as interactive as they want it to be.

Customer Support

Customers with questions have the following options to get in touch with the Wix Support Team:

• Wix Online Help Center
    The help center is packed with frequently asked questions, how-tos, and detailed walkthroughs. Wix encourages users to keep their queries as short and focused as possible to get the best results.
  • Wix Call Center
    The call center is open Monday-Thursday, 5:00am-5:00pm (PST) and Wix offers phone support in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
  • Wix Social Media
    Wix is fairly active on its social media channels and encourages users to ask for advice, post questions, or just enjoy the tips and updates.

The Bad

• Free Version Requisite
  • Cannot Switch Templates After Publishing

Free Version Requisite

Wix is free, as long as users are okay with having, wix.com, in their URL. For most people, this isn’t a problem, but users wanting to use Wix for professional use might want to use a personalized domain name. Wix does have the option for users to choose their own domain name, but that requires a Combo, Unlimited, e-Commerce or VIP Plan.

Cannot Switch Templates After Publishing

Once a user selects a template and publishes their site, it is not possible to go back and apply a different template. Also, users can’t combine two different Wix templates in one site. Because users can only work with one template at a time, they should select a template they are happy with.

The Bottom Line

Wix users might have a few hang-ups with the website builder such as not being able to change the template after it’s been published and needing a premium plan in order to receive payments, but these aren’t deal breakers. And while the e-Commerce capabilities aren’t as extensive as others in the industry, it still has plenty of tools for a budding company.

Wix’s premium plans are competitively priced ranging from $11-$35 per month. Wix users can even upgrade their plan and if they decide it’s just not for them, they have 14 days to cancel and receive a full refund.

We recommend Wix for those looking to build a small business or personal website — it is a great tool for increasing an online presence and building a brand. There are plenty of SEO and marketing tools for business owners, while college students and bloggers can easily create portfolios and CVs.

Erin Farnsworth Orem, UT

I've used Wix for about 3 years for our nonprofit organization and it has done everything we need. We pay for a premium version. I have been bothered by a few things that seem overly difficult to do. But haven't switched because their customer services has been excellent. They stay on the phone to help you with issues and are very helpful. It does have a basic mode where you can choose from their designs, but as soon as you enter advanced editor - you CANNOT go back! From there on out you will be doing a lot of design yourself, a lot of dragging and dropping, and working with some annoying, non-user friendly details. BUT it works. Instead of paying someone to create your website and instead of having someone design it for you, it is generally easy to create and run your own website. If you have a lot of action buttons on your website or a lot of interaction from users (ours sign up for events twice a year and the rest is mostly reading) I would suggest having a professional create your website to makes sure your users can have a smooth interactive experience.

Stephanie Byrd Miami, FL

Wix is a hit! In an age where everyone wants to start a business, personal blog, or just leave their digital footprint in some way, Wix is there to assist. I remember procrastinating starting my business and as I searched for a website builder I stumbled across Wix. It was like I stumbled across gold. I did not have to put in much effort because Wix truly assists and gives suggestions, layouts, and designs throughout the process.

ryan Provo, UT

I used Wix for a year before ultimately switching to Shopify. The price was attractive but the backend tech capabilities ended up not being capable of doing what we needed for our website. I liked that I could fully customize my website to exactly how I wanted it, but there a learning process in getting to that point. Overall, Wix is a decent choice for a relatively straightforward e-commerce site

jakira johnson Tallahassee, FL

Decided to start a business over quarantine and Wix made it super easy to create a site.

Olivia Hardy Olney, MD

Wix.com is a convenient website created that is easy to use. I have made my own cakes and dessert website that I easily shared with others. Wix.com had many ideas/platforms to start a base for your website. If you are not very crafty, or familiar with creating pages, like myself, Wix.com has many short tutorials to help.

Emily Wettstein Pleasant Grove, UT

I had to create a website for a class. Wix is pretty user friendly. I just wish there were more picture options. Sometimes I had to use google to find my own pictures because Wix didn’t have any that I liked or depicted what I wanted.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Wix was very easy to use to build a site. I like all of the different features they offer. I think it is pricey to upgrade especially because you are paying multiple payments and they still require wix advertisement on your site.

Landon Badoni Montgomery, TX

Very simple platform for creating websites. If you're not very internet savvy like me but you have a school assignment to create a website, this is a great option! Very intuative!

Jennifer Salt Lake City, UT

Great quality and customer service. I enjoyed making my website with it.

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

I have made many free websites using Wix.com. I love them! I have made a couple of online portfolios as well as some mock-up advertising pages. Though I love this platform, it can be a bit difficult to use. It is not the most user friendly and takes some getting used to. After taking the time to figure out how these pages work and how all of the tools work, I have been able to move pretty quickly. I would recommend this site-builder to anyone that is looking to make a classy site for free. I would recommend looking up some quick youtube tutorials to help get the ball rolling.

Donna Williams Phoenix, AZ

I have created many websites and the Wix product just keeps getting better and better. I love the ease of creating my sites. So user friendly! I have been asked time and again by other companies why I stick with Wix and my answer is always the same. I just love them! They are so easy to use and it's easy to be creative and turn out a great product!

Amanda Sherwood, OR

I use Wix.com for my photography business site and I LOVE IT!!!!! you can do so much for free on it! It is extremely easy to use! Plus they have a really good Q&A if you need to figure something out. I can create albums for my clients with full quality photos for them to download! The website was easy to build and customize! They do try to upsell you all over the place but you can still do a ton without paying anything!!

Jaelynn Florence Tallahassee, FL

Wix is a very user friendly site and the options they have to choose from for its customers are outstanding.

certi2de Lexington, KY

Six is an intuitive site builder, especially for those with little to no experience coding and working with building sites. There are so many options for themes and content displays that no two wix sites ever look the same.

Jadon Barre Dallas, TX

Wix is a website building program that’s very reliable. It was no problem to build my company website with Wix.com. It was easy to navigate and had a large variety of formats and functions for me to play with.

Nishita McLean, VA

I created a virtual resume on Wix.com as a part of my Master's program, Portfolio class. It was so robust and easy to work with, so many template options with a professional output.

Tom McCurry aka Bakerman Hood River, OR

Wix.com is one of the best decisions we have made......It has enabled us to reach large audiences and bring people to our breaks. take a look for yourself: http://gastorniszack.wix.com/13thannualbreak Bakerman & BBi

Jenna Potomac, MD

I had to create a website for a school project once and I used Wix. I was 12 at the time and everything was so easily set up that my website ended up looking close to perfect. The formatting and all the tools are really easy to use and I loved being able to design a website to how I wanted it to look.

Wendy Liu Bethesda, MD

Wix's best premium features only cost a few bucks a month. They're excellent value and they'll make your visitors think you've paid thousands of dollars for a custom built website. I'd recommend Wix to anyone looking to build either a small business or personal website. Even without premium, Wix is still a wonderful website creator with top of the line designs.

Kathryn American Fork, UT

Six has been the perfect platform for my dance studio! It is user friendly, clean, and the price is reasonable for the quality. I have never had any issues with this platform and enjoy my time using it. A lot of creativity is available and so many different options for set up and format as well as a create your own approach.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

For one of my college courses I had to make a website and Wix made that so easy! There were so many options on Wix and all the instructions for building your webpage were very clear and straightforward. This really made my assignment so much easier to complete, and it was fun to make my own website!

Dean Ogden, UT

I am far from a computer genius but Wix.com made me feel that way when I built my website. I had heard that it was easy to do using Wix but I wasn't expecting for it to be simple. When I say anyone can use it and build a great website, I mean absolutely anyone. The price is great and options are amazing!!

Jeff B Orem, UT

Wix has been a great web hosting resource since I created my website. I have never had any issues with them and they have always been very helpful in answering any questions that I have had. If you are looking to move your website to a new host you should look into Wix, you won't be disappointed.

Brennan Orem, UT

Hands down the best website builder I have ever used. They have so many templates that it makes the process very easy. They have by far the most options of anyone out there. If you have any questions their customer service is more than willing to help. I feel like they have really changed the game when it comes to website builders.

Brody B Orem, UT

I used Wix for my website builder and hosting. Their website builder was by far easier than any other builder I have used. They have hundreds of options for all sorts of industries and needs. The basic service is more than I even needed. Pricing is awesome and customer service is excellent!

Brody B Orem, UT

I have used Wix for web hosting on 2 separate websites. Their services are great and I haven't ever had an outage or slow response times. I love their services and the price only makes it that much better. Next time you need any web hosting services give Wix a shot, you won't be disappointed.

Jeff B Orem, UT

Wix is hands down the best website builder I have used. Being a website building novice I found their product very easy to use. It was very easy to build a professional looking website with very little knowledge. Their pricing is also great for the product they offer.

Brinley Knowles Smithfield, UT

I have used this website when I worked at my old job and it made everything run so smoothly. The website was easy to use and it looks professional. I was impressed with this and the ability to design a website however you want it to be and look like.

James Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I am a long-time user of Wix and believe it is one of the best site-builders out there. They are always updating their features, which makes it great for a non-web developer like myself to put out beautiful and functional web sites.

Douglas Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used them for years with several websites. It is very easy to set up a site with the ever-improving set of tools. Since they are wywiwyg (what you see is what you get), I don't have to go deep into the code and make the changes there. They are a little slow to respond to support questions, though.

Rachael Berhan Salt Lake City, UT

I love Wix! It's free and it's great for creating an online portfolio!

Mary Alice M. Orem, UT

I used Wix to build a website for my small business. It was super user friendly, and it gave me confidence moving forward in my business.

Myah Freeman Jacksonville, FL

I run my art website from Wix and I love it. It gives me everything I need and people love m website so it clearly offers great design features.

ltrain8796 Orem, UT

I built two websites with Wix on their builder. I had a great response with the clean look of the sites. Clients loved what I did, I loved the simplicity and ease of using Wix.

Johnson Smithfield, UT

Wix is has made me creating a website for my business so easy. I am not very knowledgable when it comes to website design but Winx walks you through it and makes it simple.

Brielle Wright San Francisco, CA

I used this in one of my classes for school, it was very easy to access for a first time user. It helped me start everything and get organized with my ideas. Even as I have used it multiple time it is still very helpful.

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

great resource for a beginner to set up a website. The Templates available for use, were awesome and made our site look like we spent 10's of thousands of dollars, for a site we only paid $20/month for. Loved using this for our small company site!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

WIX is a great website to build your own website from. I have used it from everything from school projects to building a website to help promote fundraisers. It is very easy and nice to use.

Tyler Jenkins Hattiesburg, MS

I had to create a website for this online class I was taking at my university. It was one of the easiest projects I’ve ever had to do while in college. That’s because wix.com made it so simple.

Jacob American Fork, UT

Wix.com is a great way to build your own website, even when you have little coding experience. Walk through tutorials and step by step instructions make it easy to see and understand how to develop your website.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

Wix is one of my FAVORITE website makers. It's super well organized and lets you choose variety of platforms. So you can be real creative! I've had real fun making wix websites. Definitely recommend this website maker.

Jami Howell Farmington, UT

has a lot of different options and a lot of design schemes, squarespace is more clean looking but wix has more options for everything you would need from scheduling, to apps. had to wait for some updates but overall great site builder.

Campbell Blair Phoenix, AZ

I've used Wix for class assignments, for selling things, and for fundraising for my study abroad. Wix has always helped me find a good option with the right feel for what I need to get across.

Courtney Eames Kaysville, UT

I always use wix when building a website! I have found it to be the most user friendly. I have used wix to make a personal blog and career websites. You can make it your own and feel like you are getting the best for your money!

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

Wix has been a great website to host my own website. Their templates are easy to use and they make it easy to create something from scratch. I wish their ads on the basic service were a little more subtle and aesthetically pleasing. Other than that they have been a good platform.

Jada Scott Provo, UT

Wix is a simple, drag and drop web building system that makes creating websites easy (no previous experience or coding knowledge is required). It's so easy to use my 13-year-old daughter was able to make an awesome looking site!

Tim Berrett American Fork, UT

Great! So easy to build a site with a very simple and intuitive site editing tools. Social integration is easy, setting up payments is easy. They do a great job and the price is reasonable.

P Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

I needed a new website for my business so my assistant used this site to create a great one! It has brought lots of customers and it was easy to design the way I wanted it. It's also very affordable.

janalee sanders Valley Center, CA

Wix was a good site for me to make my first web page on because there we so many templates to choose from, I didn't need to know any code, and it was easy to navigate. also the low cost was a plus after the free trial I used.

Cici Paskett South Jordan, UT

I use this program for my photography site. I enjoyed creating it with wix! It’s fairly easy to use and there are tons of options! There are a lot of different subscriptions but they aren’t worth it to me, so I don’t subscribe for the extra benefits.