Based in San Francisco, Weebly is a popular free website provider. Over the last several years, Weebly has grown from a small business to a major web hosting and website building service in the world. In 2007 Weebly was ranked as one of TIME magazine's best websites. They offer these online services to more than 20 million customers in 11 languages. According to Weebly, the company hosts more than 2 percent of websites on the Internet, approximately 11 million. The four service plans they offer allow their customers to really customize the experience they have and make Weebly work for their business. There is something for any type of customer through Weebly.

#1 Wix.com chevron_right
#2 WordPress.com chevron_right
#3 Squarespace chevron_right

The Good

• eCommerce tools
  • Features

The ability to sell items online is an important feature to many businesses these days. Most website building companies offer tools to help their customers build online stores, but the majority of these companies only offer them to higher package paying members. So if the customer needs to take advantage of the eCommerce tools they will have to upgrade to a higher monthly payment. But this is not the case for Weebly customers. No matter what the package is, Weebly customers can take advantage of these eCommerce tools. There are a variety of levels to these tools as the packages increase. Starting with the free package the customer can add 5 products to their shop, the Starter package customers can have 10 products, then 25 products for the Pro package. And finally the Business package members can have unlimited products in their store. There is a transaction fee (3%) that applies to some of the packages but that fee goes away if the customer becomes a Business package member.

Weebly offers great features, like a drag and drop website builder, and a mobile optimized version of your site. Weebly tries to make all of their features accessible to each of their customers by making them affordable. The offer a completely free plan that includes free hosting, email support, drag and drop editor, and unlimited pages. This package is great for those customers that want to get a website up quickly and for free until they have the need to expand. It also works great for portfolios and personal blogs. For the customer that needs more features, storage or wants to list more products, there are three other paid packages. Their prices range from $4 per month to $25 per month. Each of these packages offers a little bit more to the customer and lets them customize their experience a little bit more. As they increase their package, the customer also gets more access to custom service avenues. Each of these packages fit well with a different type of customer and are easily affordable for any budget.

The Bad

• Limited design tools
  • Data center

The design aspects of a website are very important since it is the first thing that customers see and how they make their opinions of the business. Weebly offers their customers free design tools but they are very limited. They offer a stockpile of templates to choose from but this stockpile only has a little over 50 designs. These designs are organized into the different types of websites they offer; blog, business, creative, non-profit, and store. This separation makes it easier for the customers to find exactly what type of website they are looking for. Each of these templates are also free, which makes them accessible to every customer. But this limited number of templates can make it difficult for the customer to find the specific design they need. There are only certain customization options as well, so it is important for them to find a design that fits most of their needs and wants since it can't be customized very much. If a customer cannot find a design template that they like, there is no custom design option for the customers. This means that there is no dedicated design expert who can build a website from scratch for a specific customer's website. Again, this will only be a problem if the customer does not find a design they are pleased with from the small stockpile of pre-made templates.

Their data center was also difficult to find information on, though it seemed like a standard enough data center. Their forum and Weebly help center can be difficult to navigate.

The Bottom Line

Despite their lack of design options for the websites published, Weebly gives their customers a great set of features to choose from in order to make their website very successful. Their customers can create a portfolio, blog, or online store that works for either personal or business ventures. To make their services even sweeter, they all come at a very affordable price (including free).

We would recommend this company for starting businesses, or simple websites. If you have any experiences with Weebly.com we invite you to leave a comment of your experiences so that future users may benefit from your experiences.

Todd Boe

June 29th, 2020 Murfreesboro, TN

I've used Weebly for the last three years. I have not upgraded and have no need to do so. However, I feel they are punishing be because I do not upgrade. I cannot, for the life of me get anyone to assist in a small matter, and it's ridiculous. Changing as soon as I can.

Karen Torino

April 1st, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would use Weebly when I needed to make a quick website in a short amount of time.. that's how easy it is to use. Weebly has great options and you can either take your time with it or just put a site out.

Kathy Faustin

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL

I used this sight for my Digital Media class to build my own website. It was very easy and looked great.

Elizabeth Klemm

March 9th, 2020 Windermere, FL

I had to build an assignment for a class in college and Weebly made doing that so easy. They had great templates already laid out for you to use which really helped because I had never built a website before.

Josh Harold

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had an assignment that I had to make a website for. Weebly was easy to use and got the job done without any hassle.

JamieD

February 28th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love the simplicity of weebly’s format. They truly make it so anyone can build a website. I did it, and that’s saying something! :-)

Rebecca

February 25th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Weebly.com. They have a lot of nice website templates and it is super easy to navigate.

Corbett Douglas

February 9th, 2020 Cedar Fort, UT

When I found weebly I was super impressed! Very easy to use, great image bank to chose from, and easy editing! I have enjoyed using my website.

Amanda

February 8th, 2020 Montebello, CA

I tried to use weebly to develop a blog but the site wasn’t to user friendly for beginners so I struggled with it.

Bryndie

January 30th, 2020 Managua, MN

Pretty easy site to use. Even the free website builder has a lot of design options and it’s a simple process to get something you love out of it.

Zac Cannon

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS

Weebly's site is very easy to use and to design with. We have used it for our High School Band's website for many years. It is an easy way to keep information flowing to our students and parents and it keeps them updated. We can also connect it to Facebook and our Charms Calendar so everything stays connected.

Mickey Mangum

January 13th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Weebly for a school site for a couple of years. Very wonky interface and customer service is bad to non-existent. Avoid.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

Weebly is super easy to use, and the free version still provides a lot of capability to have a nice looking site.

Sara Smith

December 8th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Easy to use and figure out and has helped us with our business to find success online.

Lauren Burch

November 15th, 2019 Miami, FL

Super easy to use and figure out. I’m very bad with figuring stuff out online and I am able to use weebly and make my website.

Rilynne Edwards

November 5th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I've used Weebly in classes at school, and the websites always turn out great. It's very easy to use and it's free. I would recommend it for anyone who is trying to make a simple, easy website for a project or company.

Desi

October 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Weebly is a easy, fast way to make a website! I love the cool backgrounds and platforms that I can work on. I'm always pleased with my finished website cause it looks amazing!!

Sydney Boren

October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT

I used weebly to create my first websites. I made a few and it was very easy to use.

Derek Scoville

October 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Website creation using weebly has provided the easiest solution for me. I've tried several other ecommerce sites, but weebly continually proves to allow for easy edits, uploads and changes to continually improve my website.

Chase Smith

October 7th, 2019 Provo, UT

One of the best website makers that you don’t need to upgrade for. It’s a great website for the first-time user.

Alyssa Boren

October 6th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was mostly easy to navigate and understand how to make a website. You can make professional looking websites for free which is really nice.

Aliza Henline

September 28th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was able to use this a lot in high school for assignments! I love how easy it is and how much people can do with it!

P Crawley

September 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had a website built through Weebly for several years and it's professional look attracts lots of customers. It was easy to build and maintain. And it's was a lot cheaper than having a custom site built.

Joy Hill

September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

I love how creative you can get on weebly! You can do whatever you want and get as creative as you want and it is so easy!

Randy Scoville

September 3rd, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Super easy to build my class website. I am a teacher, and it was easy to upload links, assignments and quizzes to the website. It is also easy to edit and for students to use.

Scotlynn Blair

August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Used Weebly all through High School for school projects and it was super easy and helpful to use

Paige Baldwin

July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Weebly to set up my first website, and it was easy to use and very self explanatory. However I don’t feel their websites look as professional as they can be.

Jason

June 26th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company made it really easy to build a website that I could share with employers. I will use this in the future

Rylie Crandall

June 22nd, 2019 Draper, UT

I like this website builder because it’s easy to use. There are plenty of options and they make it easy to understand, but there are still some limitations that it places on you while you build your website.

Rachel Ellsworth

June 19th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Weebly for several school assignments and I love it! I am usually horrible when it comes to techy stuff, but Weebly makes designing and creating a website so easy!

Tess L

June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Pretty easy to use and I was pretty proud of the website I made. It seems easy enough to figure out, and has plenty of instructions.

Anna Schouten

June 9th, 2019 Provo, UT

Helpful for putting together websites if you are unfamiliar with website building. If you are trying to adapt a template some of the built in features are difficult to remove. However, it makes creating a website simple if you have never done it before.

Anne Sainsbury

June 8th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had to make a website for my marketing class, and Weebly really came in clutch! I didn't want to make many changes, so it was a great base site for me to use!

Tracy Hill

June 2nd, 2019 Draper, UT

I has used weebly in the past for projects and I love it. It easy to use and they make it simple to create your own space and easy to share the link with employers, customers, or whoever. I will use this company in the future as well

Ethan Pedersen

May 24th, 2019 Draper, UT

Weebly is awesome, and very simple for the average user! I've used it multiple times to create portfolios for projects. Weebly is one of the best!

Tavian

May 24th, 2019 West Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love this site got me things that helped me through many classes and provided all the help

Eliza Anne Jones

April 16th, 2019 Provo, UT

I would recommend Weebly.com when looking to create a new website. The templets are up to date and easy to use.

Abigail De Oliveira

February 12th, 2019 American Fork, UT

A ton of my teachers use a Weebly powered website. They have a clean finish and they are easy to manage. As student teacher I was asked to update the website and it was super easy.

Bunney Schmidt

February 12th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am not very good at doing computer tasks such as design and building websites but Weebly makes it very easy due to how user friendly they are. I highly recommend this.

Myah Smith

February 10th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Weebly.com has been so useful for people to create websites. I love how nice it is and organized people can make their websites.

Sophie

February 10th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Easy way to make your own website. Would definitely suggest to anyone. Makes the process fast.

Jaicee Roden

February 8th, 2019 Orem, UT

I use weebly for a website for my team. It's user friendly and easy to create. The information is simple to navigate through once it's published, and there are a lot of great options to make the website look professional according to your reason for usage.

kelsey

February 5th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

I use Weebly.com for school and it has been so helpful! its such a fast and easy way to create your own website. its such a useful web page.

Micah Bradshaw

February 3rd, 2019 Salem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Weebly for a family blog site. It is easy to use and easy to upload pictures. I like that it is free for the basic site and they only charge if you want to upgrade your site.

Savanna Caver

January 16th, 2019 Orem, UT

I am a teacher and I create a teacher website every year. Weebly has saved me so much time and so convenient/easy to use!

Ariana Cruz

January 16th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT

My teachers introduced me to weebly a few years ago, recently i’ve created my own and i’ve learned to love it. Its super easy. I recommend using weebly if you’re looking to build a website.

Hailey Nilson

January 5th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Weebly is simple, clear, and easy to use. I also enjoy the Weebly App Center which lays out all of the best options for me.

Alora

December 12th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

There are many options, templates, and tools available to design an attractive and functional website. It is overall easy to navigate and is user friendly. Articles with tips and success stories provide motivation and help. In order to have the best features, such as an actual domain instead of a sub-domain of Weebly, it can get a little expensive but it is reasonable for the quality being received.

Isaac

November 30th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

It's a great service. It makes creating a website really easy. I recommend this service to anyone who needs to make a website.

Landon Jacobsen Ollerton

November 29th, 2018 Alpine, UT

Easy to navigate. School used it good for beginners. Easy to insert images and text and make the website your own.