Weebly.com Logo

Weebly.com

8.8

LAST UPDATED: July 26th, 2021

Weebly is a popular website builder and eCommerce provider. Over the last several years, Weebly has grown from a small business to a major web hosting and website building service in the world. Weebly currently powers millions of businesses on more than 50 million sites around the world. The four service plans it offers allows customers to customize the experience they have and make Weebly seamlessly work for their business.

The Good

• Free and Affordable Plans
  • eCommerce Tools
  • Simple Website Building Features
  • App Center
  • Email Marketing Platform

Free and Affordable Plans

Weebly makes its website building services accessible to each of its customers by making them affordable. Weebly offers a completely free plan for basic use. The free plan is beneficial for entrepreneurs or small business owners with limited funds that need a website and/or eCommerce capabilities; it is also a good option for portfolios and personal blogs.

For customers who need features such as a custom domain and unlimited storage, there are three other paid packages with prices ranging from $6 to $26 per month.

eCommerce Tools

Most website building companies offer tools to help its customers build online stores, but the majority of these companies only offer them to higher package paying members. This is not the case for Weebly customers. No matter what the package is, Weebly customers can take advantage of its eCommerce tools.

The free package notably includes unlimited items among other basic eCommerce tools such as automatic tax calculations, coupons, and inventory management. Each additional upgrade in the monthly package adds additional tools such as a shipping calculator, abandoned cart emails, and the ability to accept payments through Paypal.

Simple Website Building Features

Weebly makes custom website building without technical expertise simple through tools including:

• Drag and drop builder
  • Site search
  • Video and audio
  • Custom HTML/CSS and Javascript

App Center

In addition to themes, website building, and eCommerce tools, Weebly has an app center with apps aimed to make users’ sites and businesses more powerful. Users can select apps for their sites that boost traffic, spike sales, integrate social media, and optimize communication. While some of the apps are free, others are only free for premium subscribers.

Weebly Email Marketing Platform

Weebly offers a marketing platform, Weebly Promote, that seamlessly integrates with its websites to turn site visitors into repeat buyers. Users can simply select a template or use a drag and drop tool to create emails, announcements, and promotions. Additionally, users can track delivery rates, open rates, and click rates instantly to make data-driven decisions.

The Bad

Limited Customization for Themes

Weebly offers a selection of templates to choose from, but there are only a little over 50 designs available for websites, blogs, or online stores. When using the templates, customization capabilities are limited: users are only able to change the color, font, and logo on the template.

The limited number of templates and customization can make it difficult for the customer to achieve the specific design they need. Other website builder companies offer more template customization capabilities and choices.

The Bottom Line

Weebly gives its customers an exceptional set of features to choose from in order to make their website successful. Customers can create a portfolio, blog, or online store that works for either personal or business ventures. Services are accessible to entrepreneurs, small business owners, or established businesses through free and affordable monthly plans.

Weebly’s free basic use plan, that includes eCommerce tools, sets it apart from other website building companies and would be beneficial for new businesses or portfolios. Weebly’s email marketing platform provides an additional service that isn’t available through other website building companies. This provides users a seamless experience for website creation, eCommerce, and marketing for their businesses.

Where Weebly misses the mark is its templates. The templates are not as customizable as other templates offered by other website building companies. However, Weebly does offer simple website building tools where users can create a completely customized website without technical expertise required.

Samantha Millville, UT

I used this in college to create websites! I have no idea how to code and create, but this made it easy and I actually used it later when I was teaching. I also had other friends use it for their classes they taught and it was easy to access their curriculum.

Mackenize Jorgensen Los Angeles, CA

I use weebly.com in my photography class. Weebly.com is super easy to use and user friendly. I love how easy it is to pull up at home and at school. It is a great way to show off my photos to family, friends, and my teacher. Weebly.com is a great way to be creative and show off your work.

Katie Kertzman Rogers, AR

I have used Weebly.com in the past to create websites for school projects and clubs. The website makes it very easy to create exactly what you want and offers many options. It was not too difficult and allowed me to make websites with all of the text, visuals, coloring, etc. that I wanted.

Jaida Williams Tallahassee, FL

Weebly is extremely easy to use. For school projects and assignments that require me to create websites, weekly is my go to option. The free version of their services allows you to do so much and I'm sure the premium version is even better.

Alora Gilbert, AZ

There are many options, templates, and tools available to design an attractive and functional website. It is overall easy to navigate and is user friendly. Articles with tips and success stories provide motivation and help. In order to have the best features, such as an actual domain instead of a sub-domain of Weebly, it can get a little expensive but it is reasonable for the quality being received.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I used Weebly.com's free web hosting site for a school website that I had to get work done on. Weebly is free, so there was not much expectation to start. There are starter, pro & business websites that you can pay for that are reasonably priced but for what I was looking to do, the free hosting/basic use was perfect for me. Using the free one, you will have some speed issues as well as some security risks but that was never an issue for me. The site building is very easy since you don't have to write HTML or CSS code. You can just drag & drop or type things right into the website & hit publish. Easy for someone who is not html friendly. Weebly will give you reminders here and there which are helpful but not necessary. Since I had a free account, Weebly only offered me an email support option which was fine but if you want to pay, you can receive the email, chat and phone option. All things for someone to think about.

Taylor Larson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I like how Weebly.com is free to use and the tools are simple and easy. It only allows you to build a pretty basic website, however.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

Weebly's site is very easy to use and to design with. We have used it for our High School Band's website for many years. It is an easy way to keep information flowing to our students and parents and it keeps them updated. We can also connect it to Facebook and our Charms Calendar so everything stays connected.

Tracy Hill Draper, UT

I has used weebly in the past for projects and I love it. It easy to use and they make it simple to create your own space and easy to share the link with employers, customers, or whoever. I will use this company in the future as well

Brian Joseph Duncan Queen Creek, AZ

I love Weebly. As a teacher I have used this site many times to have my students create websites for different class projects. It is easy to use and allows my students flexibility to be able to express their ideas and how they see the world in relation to the content. It is a great source.

Hunter Kasprzyk Gilbert, AZ

This was the easiest way for me to start a website and get used to all the mechanics. The prices are pretty good and if you don't want a complicated website its very affordable even for someone who doesn't have a job and basically only gets money from an occasional resell profit. Customer service is super helpful and understanding.

Amberlee Hildebrand Orem, UT

Good product and fairly easy to use. I have used them for a long time and it has worked well.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

Weebly makes it easy to build websites with great design options and tools. The options are limitless: links, social media buttons, blog posts, etc.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I have a website with Weebly, but I have not paid for the services. Using the free option, I have had a relatively easy time creating my website. If you're willing to pay, I'm sure you would have more options and flexibility with building your website.

Mackenize Jorgensen Salt Lake City, UT

I use this in one of my classes for school. I found it really easy to access and use for a first time user. It helped me show off some of my photos. It was also easy to my show my website to family, friends, and my teacher.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

I would use Weebly when I needed to make a quick website in a short amount of time.. that's how easy it is to use. Weebly has great options and you can either take your time with it or just put a site out.

Rilynne Edwards Pleasant Grove, UT

I've used Weebly in classes at school, and the websites always turn out great. It's very easy to use and it's free. I would recommend it for anyone who is trying to make a simple, easy website for a project or company.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

Weebly is a easy, fast way to make a website! I love the cool backgrounds and platforms that I can work on. I'm always pleased with my finished website cause it looks amazing!!

P Crawley Pleasant Grove, UT

I've had a website built through Weebly for several years and it's professional look attracts lots of customers. It was easy to build and maintain. And it's was a lot cheaper than having a custom site built.

Rachel Ellsworth Gilbert, AZ

I have used Weebly for several school assignments and I love it! I am usually horrible when it comes to techy stuff, but Weebly makes designing and creating a website so easy!

Jaicee Roden Orem, UT

I use weebly for a website for my team. It's user friendly and easy to create. The information is simple to navigate through once it's published, and there are a lot of great options to make the website look professional according to your reason for usage.

Ariana Cruz Saratoga Springs, UT

My teachers introduced me to weebly a few years ago, recently i’ve created my own and i’ve learned to love it. Its super easy. I recommend using weebly if you’re looking to build a website.

Jennifer Salt Lake City, UT

Easy to use and lots of templates to choose from.

James Harper Fullerton, CA

Weebly provides an easy to use GUI interface that allows the novice a ready platform for web development. It provides most everything you would need to create a personal website; however, it would be limited for a business.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

I really enjoy this website. I always go this website if I need to create a new website. Super effective and easy to use!

Elizabeth Klemm Windermere, FL

I had to build an assignment for a class in college and Weebly made doing that so easy. They had great templates already laid out for you to use which really helped because I had never built a website before.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Website creation using weebly has provided the easiest solution for me. I've tried several other ecommerce sites, but weebly continually proves to allow for easy edits, uploads and changes to continually improve my website.

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Super easy to build my class website. I am a teacher, and it was easy to upload links, assignments and quizzes to the website. It is also easy to edit and for students to use.

Rylie Crandall Draper, UT

I like this website builder because it’s easy to use. There are plenty of options and they make it easy to understand, but there are still some limitations that it places on you while you build your website.

Anna Schouten Provo, UT

Helpful for putting together websites if you are unfamiliar with website building. If you are trying to adapt a template some of the built in features are difficult to remove. However, it makes creating a website simple if you have never done it before.

Abigail De Oliveira American Fork, UT

A ton of my teachers use a Weebly powered website. They have a clean finish and they are easy to manage. As student teacher I was asked to update the website and it was super easy.

Bunney Schmidt Orem, UT

I am not very good at doing computer tasks such as design and building websites but Weebly makes it very easy due to how user friendly they are. I highly recommend this.

Micah Bradshaw Salem, UT

I use Weebly for a family blog site. It is easy to use and easy to upload pictures. I like that it is free for the basic site and they only charge if you want to upgrade your site.

Alexa Cooper Salt Lake City, UT

I used Weebly for many a high school project and I loved it! They had great options for different displays.

Todd Boe Murfreesboro, TN

I've used Weebly for the last three years. I have not upgraded and have no need to do so. However, I feel they are punishing be because I do not upgrade. I cannot, for the life of me get anyone to assist in a small matter, and it's ridiculous. Changing as soon as I can.

JamieD Saratoga Springs, UT

I love the simplicity of weebly’s format. They truly make it so anyone can build a website. I did it, and that’s saying something! :-)

Corbett Douglas Cedar Fort, UT

When I found weebly I was super impressed! Very easy to use, great image bank to chose from, and easy editing! I have enjoyed using my website.

Lauren Burch Miami, FL

Super easy to use and figure out. I’m very bad with figuring stuff out online and I am able to use weebly and make my website.

Joy Hill Pleasant Grove, UT

I love how creative you can get on weebly! You can do whatever you want and get as creative as you want and it is so easy!

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

I had to make a website for my marketing class, and Weebly really came in clutch! I didn't want to make many changes, so it was a great base site for me to use!

Ethan Pedersen Draper, UT

Weebly is awesome, and very simple for the average user! I've used it multiple times to create portfolios for projects. Weebly is one of the best!

Myah Smith American Fork, UT

Weebly.com has been so useful for people to create websites. I love how nice it is and organized people can make their websites.

kelsey Saratoga Springs, UT

I use Weebly.com for school and it has been so helpful! its such a fast and easy way to create your own website. its such a useful web page.

Savanna Caver Orem, UT

I am a teacher and I create a teacher website every year. Weebly has saved me so much time and so convenient/easy to use!

Hailey Nilson Salt Lake City, UT

Weebly is simple, clear, and easy to use. I also enjoy the Weebly App Center which lays out all of the best options for me.

jaci finch Corpus Christi, TX

Weebly was an okay time. I enjoyed their templates, but it is not as user friendly as some other website hosting companies I have tried.

Kathy Faustin Tallahassee, FL

I used this sight for my Digital Media class to build my own website. It was very easy and looked great.

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

I had an assignment that I had to make a website for. Weebly was easy to use and got the job done without any hassle.

Bryndie Managua, MN

Pretty easy site to use. Even the free website builder has a lot of design options and it’s a simple process to get something you love out of it.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

Weebly is super easy to use, and the free version still provides a lot of capability to have a nice looking site.