KnownHost

7.2

KnownHost is located in West Chester, Pennsylvania, just outside Washington D.C. KnownHost does business with a large customer base over 150 countries. With data centers in three locations across the country, the company maintains a large presence. They maintain an uptime of 99.99 percent backed up by a 30 money-back guarantee. They provide full customer service options, and 16 plans with varying web hosting options including VPS, dedicated, and managed.

The Good

• High Customer Satisfaction
  • Great Value in Services
  • High Quality Data Centers

Positive Customer Reviews

Customer satisfaction is off the charts. Customers everywhere give glowing reviews of the quality of the products and the treatment they receive. Many customers have been with the company for multiple years. People stay with KnownHost because of this treatment and the fact that their issues, whether minor or major, are resolved so completely and hassle-free. Overall, exhaustive looks at customer surveys will reveal an extremely high level of satisfaction. Most reviews give KnownHost the highest possible marks, with few exceptions.

Great Value

The costs are comparable with other companies in the industry, but the cost-to-value ratio is second to none. Some competitors may be cheaper and others pricier, but in a get-what-you-pay-for scenario, you'll definitely be pleased. There are no hidden costs, and the company is up-front and frank about the pricing.

High Quality Data Centers

The data centers have the latest and greatest in specs, control, and security measures, giving customers the peace of mind that everything will operate smoothly and efficiently. Uptime is as near to 100 percent as you'll find. The servers are fast and reliable, and the hosting options- three total with 16 plans-are plentiful.

The Bad

• Issues With Customer Service
  • Limited Hosting Options
  • No Unlimited Storage and Bandwidth

Issues with Customer Service

Though the company does business in many countries, customer service in Spanish-easily the second-most commonly spoken language in the U.S.-is not available.

Hosting Options

KnownHost offers several web hosting options, however they could offer more. We would like to see KnownHost extend their services to include shared and cloud web hosting options. This provides more options and customization for customers who would benefit more from plans that included shared and cloud hosting options.

No Unlimited Data

KnownHost puts limits to their customer's bandwidth and storage. Many larger companies are now offering unlimited or unmetered data on a lot of their plans. We would like to see KnownHost offer customers unlimited bandwidth and storage as well. This would make their service more competitive and more desirable to customers. Customers who are concerned about data limits should consider a different web hosting company.

The Bottom Line

KnownHost offers great value, and their services are backed by glowing customer reviews. They offer web hosting options and features at a great value. While we would like to see them extend their services to include shared and cloud options as well as unlimited storage and bandwidth, overall we like their offerings. We recommend checking out KnownHost to see if they fit your web hosting needs.

4.1

September 30th, 2017 Roanoke, VA

I've been with knownhost for about 10 years, and I just can't say enough good things. The servers are solid and reliable, but where they really shine is the service. When I turn in a ticket, I hear back in only a minute or two at most, and it doesn't matter if it's during normal hours, the wee hours of the morning, or even on a holiday. They're always there. These days most hosting companies can throw up some decent servers, but they can't provide service and support like this. Not only are they quick, and efficient, but they're willing to help with anything I have ever asked, be it something small that I just can't get to, or the times that I'm in over my head and really need some help. I can depend on them no matter what. How can you put a price on that?

September 26th, 2017

I have been with Knownhost for nearly ten years and have two VPS's with them, one on an SSD. I have never had cause for complaint in all this time, not once! Over the years the support has been fantastic, rapid response to tickets (sometimes in literally seconds), fast efficient action in dealing with any issues and fully explaining things where my personal knowledge was lacking at times. I provide a specialist web site development and hosting service for specific niche industries and having Knownhost as my backbone has made it not only possible but cost effective to the point where I host and maintain a couple of charity sites for free, this would never have been possible if I was tied down with server issues, downtime and other problems, fortunately all of those issues are a thing of the past (I used two other hosting providers before moving to Knownhost). If you are looking for a hosting solution that you can trust - look no further, contact these guys, you won't be sorry.

September 19th, 2017

Fast Support fast servers. Knownhost was great for helping me get my wordpress website up and running for my family bakery!

August 23rd, 2017

These guys are great. I can't count how many times they have helped me out. I'll admit they probably get tired of my stupid questions but they never let it show. You guys rock keep it up!

July 29th, 2017

Worst hosting experience ever. My sites were constantly being hacked as compared to similar sites on a different host (based in Australia) that never seemed to be attacked. Their so called customer service consists of lots of cut and paste emails mainly. They had the audacity to take my site down on a Friday evening due to what they termed a phishing risk - had they checked they would have seen that I have removed the infected files. Because their "abuse team" only work bank hours - monday to friday, 9am-5pm - it meant my site was down the entire weekend. My client was having melt downs. Pleas to the "support team" were ignored - in fact they seemed to revel in the power they had over me. A really horrible, awful experience dealing with these guys. Totally unprofessional. I couldnt advise more strongly to look elsewhere. Yes they are cheap and like most things in life, you absolutely get what you pay for.