InMotion Hosting

Insufficient Reviews Companies must have at least 10 reviews in order to calculate an overall score. Until they have 10 reviews they will be listed based on the estimated overall score taking into account the criteria not related to reviews.

Inmotion Hosting was established in 2001. Since then, they've opened more than 300,000 domains for clients, and that number is rising. Inmotion wants their customers to be satisfied, offering a full money back guarantee if a client is not happy. Their web host experts are top-notch in the field, undergoing 160 hours of training on Inmotion Hosting's products and services. The average tech for Inmotion hosting has over four years of experience in the field, garnering some of the best customer support services found in the industry.

Hostinger Logo Hostinger ›

KnownHost Logo KnownHost ›

Namecheap Logo Namecheap ›

InMotion Hosting Logo InMotion Hosting

Reviews

The Good

• Full refund money-back guarnatee
  • SSD servers
  • Awards and commendations

Money-back Guarantee

We found many great aspects about InMotion Hosting. We found their full refund money back guarantee to be one of the most generous customer satisfaction devices in the industry. InMotion Hosting also offers free domain transfer, more than one website on an account, depending upon the service level, and top-notch data centers.

SSD Servers

We also found that InMotion Hosting offers one of the most generous Internet advertising packages available, starting at $275 worth of credits with the lowest service level. But most importantly, we found that InMotion Hosting has SSD servers, meaning that your hosted website will run a lot faster than the industry standard.

Awards

Awards won by InMotion Hosting include numerous commendations from web hosting review companies, including Joomla, and two best web hosting awards. These awards and recognitions display InMotion's dedication to the industry and to their customers.

The Bad

• Customer issues
  • Hosting options
  • Lacking security options

Customer Issues

We found very few negative aspects to InMotion Hosting's web hosting services. Two complaints that customers had involved c-panel, which is hidden a few levels deep after the account level. Also, scripted apps were somewhat difficult to install, according to one user.

Hosting Options

While InMotion offers a few hosting options, they could offer more. We would like to see InMotion extend their services to include cloud web hosting. We would also like to see some security options for customers, as this is an increasing issue.

The Bottom Line

InMotion offers great services, a generous money-back guarantee, and SSD servers. We would like to see InMotion include cloud web hosting options and security. Overall, we recommend checking out InMotion for your web hosting needs.

2.5

Larry Spencer

November 29th, 2017 Beachwood, OH DETAILS

I would never recommend InMotion Hosting. I needed my website restored so I sent them one of their backups that they did for me on a regular basis. They deleted my database before ensuring that the back ups were going to work and I lost everything. My website and years of blogging gone. They incorrectly backed up my database on multiple occasions. They offered me one free year of hosting to make up for their mistake. I would NEVER RECOMMEND them.

Peter G Woolvett

May 7th, 2017

The hosting is generally OK, but wouldn't recommend it. It's a bit slow, and sometimes crashes without their technicians knowing what to do. In some cases, when my site catsrgreen.com has been down, I have contacted support, only to get the news that there is nothing wrong with their servers, so that the problem is my fault. I have heard (or read) this from other users as well. I honestly think that there are no good hosting companies, as it is often the case that they try to solve their user problems by offering us upgrades, which leads me to think that they never had the intention of providing a reliable service.

DIDIER DELMER

May 4th, 2017

Lately the reliability is not there and it has become much slower than when I joined one year ago. Today is the worst with all the sites being down - NIGHTMARE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS INEXISTANT TONIGHT! Billing is second-to-none, always on time ;-)

JSH Web Designs

March 9th, 2015 Knoxville, TN

We absolutely LOVE InMotionHosting! We recommend them to all our clientele and have never had one problem from them. Their customer support is bar none the best we have worked with in the Web Domain and Website Hosting industry. We love them so much we plan on being a reseller for them for years to come. Great speed, Great Uptime, Great Staff, HIGHLY Recommend. 90 Day Money back guarantee shows how serious they take their work too. John Founder, JSH Web Designs (Knoxville, TN)