Hotspot Shield Logo

Hotspot Shield

7.6

LAST UPDATED: February 23rd, 2022

Hotspot Shield offers VPN services. These services encrypt your internet traffic from your computer. It helps keep your data, like payment information and passwords, secure.

The Good

• VPN Options
  • Compatible Devices
  • Easy Set-up

VPN Options

Hotspot Shield offers a free version of its VPN. The free version has military-grade encryption and comes with ads.

Alternatively, clients can purchase a premium subscription for a monthly fee. The subscriptions are typically paid all at once. The premium VPN subscription includes additional features, like, access in 25 countries for up to five devices and tech support.

Compatible Devices

Hotspot Shield VPNs are compatible with Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Chrome.

Easy Set-Up

Clients can download the VPN from Hotspot Shield’s website. If interested in the premium version, clients then make a payment and can use the VPN instantly.

The Bad

One-Time Payment

Clients pay Hotspot Shield a one-time payment for the VPN service. The monthly cost varies depending on the agreement chosen. For a one month agreement, it costs $12.99. Longer agreements can come with a discounted monthly rate, but the total must be paid all at once.

The Bottom Line

Hotspot Shield is a good VPN service to consider because it is compatible with multiple systems. It also has flexible agreement terms. However, longer agreements must be paid for before they start.

The Hotspot Shield VPN is also easy and quick to set-up. If you’re looking for a good VPN and quick access, Hotspot is a good choice.

Robert Rootes Bestselling Author Fredericksburg, VA

There is a FREE version available of Hotspot Shield. If you're in the market to switch VPN providers, this is a good way to see if they have the security you want in virtual private network (VPN) options. However, we decided to upgrade from the free version and use the paid services. There is a great difference in the versions. Not to say the free version isn't worth it. But with the additional level of security Hotspot provides, why not pay for a service that can protect you while you're away from home? It makes sense if you're thinking about checking your bank account information and don't know if the Free network is secure.

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

I get Hotspot Shield premium included with my subscription to Dashlane password manager. Hotspot is incredibly easy to use. It's control screen includes a speed test and clearly identifies my IP address. There are a multitude of countries to choose as my VP location which is very helpful when buying airline tickets from an "overseas" location or accessing foreign streaming services. I wouldn't go on the internet without using Hotspot and recommend it highly as a necessary operating safeguard.

Carolyn Hazleton, PA

In our electronic time looking for reliable sources to stream movies and have great protection has become a high priority. Contacting customer service to review their products was an easy task and they answered all my questions quickly and promptly.

Larry Harrison Macomb, MI

Hotspot Shield is my choice for VPN as it was simple to enroll in and I could understand the terms without assistance. My privacy has been important and my identity protected.

Abi Deen Dallas, TX

With all the online security concerns today, Hotspot Shield is one app everyone should have on every device connected to the internet! I enjoy my favorite movies and shows on Netflix and YouTube,,the speed is fast compared to other competitors!

Rick Froid Park Ridge, IL

Hotspot Shield was exactly what we were looking for with its accuracy of monitoring of WiFi and it’s very easy to use format for our individual needs. Customer service was excellent for my needs as well.

Samarra Miller Fort Lauderdale, FL

My son dose alot of gaming streaming so we looked around for different companies ran across Hotspot shield so far its pretty good . Good price as well

Jmarsh Macomb, MI

I have used Hotspot Shield for my virtual protection network and all has gone well. It has been easy to use and my personal information has been secured.

Rylee Durfey Lehi, UT

I have been using Hotspot Shield for about 4 years now. It has been a huge help with connecting me to the best internet server.

Stella B Mamaroneck, NY

Affordable and reliable VPN service. Partners up with a a few other services for additional cyber security.

Russell Vastine Aurora, CO

Use when I travel and at home. I like how easy it is to connect and use when I need it.

OwenE. Norcross, GA

Spotty connection. Told me they wouldn’t charge my account after the trial was over then charged my card out of no where.