Barracuda Networks was founded in 2002 and has grown to be a leader in providing IT solutions to companies. They are headquartered in Campbell, California. The company offers their clients the ability to have their IT department fully managed with both hardware and software from the same source.
- Free Trial
- Encryption Type
- Customer Support
- Extra Features
Barracuda Networks offers a 30-Day free evaluation of any of their products for companies to see if their products are a good fit.
Barracuda only provides the hardware/software needed for companies to create their own virtual private network, or VPN. They do not service individual customers looking to connect via a VPN tunnel. Pricing for Barracuda's equipment varies greatly. All equipment comes with the option for an optional instant replacement protection program, which protects against equipment failure. This added feature is beneficial for companies using Barracuda for their VPN to protect against data loss and security breaches.
Their prices are not in the range for individuals, rather for companies looking to establish their own VPN.
Hardware (Barracuda SSL VPN)
- Model 180 - $699
- Energize Updates (1 Year - $199, 3 Years - $499, 5 Years - $799)
- Instant Replacement (1 Year - $149, 3 Years - $399, 5 Years - $599)
- Model 280 - $1,499
- Energize Updates (1 Year - $399, 3 Years - $999, 5 Years - $1,599)
- Instant Replacement (1 Year - $349, 3 Years - $899, 5 Years - $1,399)
- Model 380 - $1,999
- Energize Updates (1 Year - $499, 3 Years - $1,499, 5 Years - $1,999)
- Instant Replacement (1 Year - $449, 3 Years - $1,149, 5 Years - $1,799)
- Model 480 - $3,999
- Energize Updates (1 Year - $1,099, 3 Years - $2,799, 5 Years - $4,399)
- Instant Replacement (1 Year - $899, 3 Years - $2,299, 5 Years - $3,599)
- Model 680 - $8,999
- Energize Updates (1 Year - $2,399, 3 Years - $6,099, 5 Years - $9,599)
- Instant Replacement (1 Year - $1,999, 3 Years - $5,099, 5 Years - $7,999)
- Premium Support (1 Year - $1,999, 3 Years - $5,099, 5 Years - $7,999)
- Model 880 - $24,999
- Energize Updates (1 Year - $6,699, 3 Years - $17,099, 5 Years - $26,799)
- Instant Replacement (1 Year - $5,499, 3 Years - $13,999, 5 Years - $21,999)
Companies using Barracuda's products work with experts to determine their required level of security for their exclusive VPN. Since companies using Barracuda Networks equipment are among the most lucrative, and are responsible for protecting vast amounts of customer data, all hardware and software is able to handle the highest levels of encryption. The company does not give information online or via their sales reps beyond this about their security and encryption capabilities.
Barracuda Networks provide one-source IT solutions designed for large companies. Information online and from customer service is targeted specifically for existing customers, so those wanting to investigate Barracuda Networks and their suitability are advised to contact a sales support professional.
The company states all charges upfront, with no hidden surprises for customers. This practice can cause some level of sticker shock, since everything is priced upfront, but preferable to learning about these fees after committing to a purchase.
Customers of Barracuda Networks receive in-house, 24/7 support via live agent over the phone, can email for support or open a support ticket online.
Barracuda Networks offers their customers a solution for all of their IT needs. Individual companies can work with Barracuda Networks to equip their IT department with a customized solution.
Along with other rating factors used by the Review Team, since Barracuda Network's VPN products run within a company's IT systems, the speed of the VPN is dependent upon those connections and unable to be independently rated by the Review Team.