Walgreens Logo

6.1

Walgreens opened in 1901 when Charles Walgreen opened the first store in Chicago. As it grew with the community, Charles began inventing things like the malted milkshake and the first drugstore to provide its medications in child-safe containers. It now has 8,000 stores providing everything from nutritional products to groceries. Walgreens also offers photos, contacts, and prescription services.

CVS Logo
#2 CVS chevron_right
GNC Logo
#4 GNC chevron_right
3.9

The Good

• Extensive Selection
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $25
  • Rewards Program

Extensive Selection

Walgreens is one of the largest chains to offer an online vitamin store. This has helped it accumulate a very extensive selection and range of products. It has organized its products into 14 main categories which include: beauty, personal care, medicines & treatments, vitamins & supplements, and many other categories. As mentioned above, Walgreens can also take care of your prescription needs, contact lenses, and photos all on its website.

Each product includes a description of nutrients and ingredients of the item. Consumers receive a variety of information on all vitamins and supplements. It also includes the nutritional label along with reviews from other shoppers.

Some of the major health products available are:

• dietary supplements
  • herbal products
  • multivitamin
  • mineral supplements
  • probiotics
  • various forms of vitamins and minerals

Free Shipping on Orders Over $25

Walgreens offers a competitive free shipping rate on its vitamin supplements. It offers free shipping to any orders that are $25 or more. It also offers free shipping on all gift card purchases. Its return policy is also beneficial for customers. It offers the standard returns up to 30 days after the purchase, but Walgreens also offers a guarantee on its products. If the customer is not fully satisfied they may return the unused portion for a full refund, including shipping and handling. This is one of the more generous return policies we have seen from vitamin stores.

Rewards Program

There is an option for a rewards program at Walgreens. Balance Rewards is a program that requires consumers to signup but is free to join. As you buy, you earn points which will earn you rewards. Most items are worth 10 points per dollar, while some are worth more. Once 5,000 points are earned, $5 is awarded to the shopper. There is the possibility to earn up to $50 in rewards with 40,000 points. The website also offers live chat assistance at any time in English or Spanish. It provides the feature to keep items shipped to you at regular intervals, either every 30, 60, 90, 120, or 180 days. This is an easy option to select offered at every check out page.

The Bad

Rewards Program Limitations

The rewards program is not worth it unless a customer shops with Walgreens frequently. Customers can only receive $50 back in-store credit at a time. Anything over that in rewards will not be given to the customer.

The Bottom Line

Walgreens vitamins selection and pricing is competitive with other health and wellness retailers. It offers a large variety of supplement products, essential nutrients, and other health and dietary assistance products. It provides a competitive free shipping rate and returns policy. Although its rewards program is not as great as others, it still allows for customers to gain up to $50. Walgreens has been in business for over 114 years showing that it is a reliable source for consumers.

Rachel Hoyle Revere, MA

Every time I visit, the employees are helpful, friendly and help me find or get what I need. They usually have whatever I need, and offer good selections. Their prescription drive through is also very good. The only downside is wait times because so many customers use them.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

I mainly began going to Walgreens when our local Pharmacy closed and all our records were moved to a new Walgreens. I have been purchasing my vitamins almost exclusively at Walgreens in the last few years. They are competitively priced and then are often offered on BOGO specials. I also enjoy the other deals I find in the store.

Phebe Rowland Fayetteville, AR

Walgreens is my go-to place for smaller items such as hand sanitizer, nail polish, gum, napkins, snacks and much more. The checkout is normally quick, and the photo development is also quick. The walgreens app is easy to operate.

Wayne Young Little Rock, AR

Walgreens is a great pharmacy. They have a convenient drive through that is efficient and fast. Their pharmacists are helpful and always answer any questions I have. Their retail store is also good to quickly get in and pick up essential items or snacks.

Melissa Morgan Atlanta, GA

Their vitamin department is not bad. They have some quality things like SAMe at cut-rate prices when it's on sale. With vitamins, you get what you pay for. I also like the atmosphere of this store better than CVS which is always so yukky.

Gene Glencoe, IL

The updated layout, overall look of the stores and selection of the products are attractive. Company is doing a very good job re-inventing, re-modernizing, adapting to customer's needs. The CVS appears to be stuck in 90th with floor plans and aisle designs. The pharmacy at Walgreens operates efficiently, offers deliveries.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Walgreens is an expert at vitamin health. They know what is important, they know what works. If you have any questions about their vitamin assortment, you can check in with the pharmacy team and they can answer questions regarding vitamin health. They are truly a great place to fulfill this critical need for vitamins at great prices!

Larson Riverton, UT

Walgreens is such a great store to buy vitamins. The vitamins always help me a lot. The customer service is great, Walgreens is such a good company. I think that Walgreens is a great store for vitamins. I would recommend shopping there.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Ive always preferred Walgreens over some of the other drug stores in my area. Their prices on vitamins and medicines and other miscellaneous items have always been pretty reasonable. What put Walgreens over the top for me though is the fact that I can now pick up my FedEx packages in the store. It’s nice to not have to worry about Porch Pirates anymore! This is a great service that Walgreens has added and has helped them earn my loyalty.

Matthew Cota Albuquerque, NM

i sometimes go through Walgreens to get my prescription medication and I think they do a very great job in getting them to me quickly and works great with my insurance company they have great vitamins, for loosing weight and have all the vitamins that a body needs , such as iron , fish oils, vitamin b , specific to what a body needs , and if they don’t have in store they can get it

Myra Howes Provo, UT

I know I can trust the quality of your product and I can find makeup or facial cleansers here when I cannot at other stores. I like that there are so many locations around the country, so I can always count on being able to go to Walgreens wherever I am. I also appreciate the customer service and other services offered here, like photos. Sometimes I don't shop here though, because I feel like the prices are higher that other stores I can go to.

Jennifer Gilbert, AZ

I love Walgreens. I have been getting my prescriptions filled at Walgreens for the past 25 years and have never had an issue regarding my medicine. If there’s ever been a question they have always called me or communicated with the doctor and have been very timely in getting my prescriptions filled. I would recommend Walgreens to anyone who needs their prescriptions filled.

Julie Kincaid Soldotna, AK

A few months ago while traveling, our son broke his elbow and required surgery. I found myself at a Walgreens at 9:00 at night, getting his prescriptions filled. It had been a hard week. My mother in law had just died two days before, and we had her funeral the next day. And my son was in surgery, and at that point I felt like I was running on my last cylinder. What was amazing about Walgreens is how well they took care of me. They were helpful and quick with the prescriptions, and made sure I had everything I needed. There customer service was wonderful that night.

Hannah Denver, CO

I am personally not a fan of Walgreens. I find it extremely disappointing how much higher their costs at the pharmacy are compared to other pharmacies. It is also frustrating to see that other items are extremely over priced. For example, the cost of notebooks at Walgreens was double the price of Target or Walmart. Another issue I have with them is that they do not accept Navy insurance for prescriptions.

Brianna bourgeois Long Beach, MS

Whenever my doctor calls in prescriptions they are almost immediately ready. The staff always knows what the right medication is for my circumstances and they also offer preventative shots.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I use Walgreens for all my prescriptions. It is one of the few places I can be certain has specific items I need in their store as well. I love being able to depend on a place for what I need!

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

Walgreen's offers a nice variety of commonly used vitamins for my family. For example, we use Emergen-C every day and like that Walgreen's has it in-stock in all of our favorite flavors. The store is organized so that I can find what I am looking for easily. Their staff is courteous and helpful when I have any questions.

Jaci Rhoades , TX

I love Walgreens. There is one not too far from my house. Most of the time I don't need anything but go in and browse and see what's new on the shelves. They always have wonderful things and some of them are high-end for a cheaper price.

Braylyn Linford Lehi, UT

I enjoy Walgreens for multiple reasons I like that they have a little bit of everything and I don’t have to go through a great big store sometime they are a little overpriced but I think you pay that for the price for the ability because they don’t have a huge store and I’ve gotten prescriptions from there a few times and they’ve always been great the customer service is great and they always help me in a timely manner

Amy Christian Las Vegas, NV

My husband loves Walgreens so much that he got me a Walgreens gift card for Valentine’s Day. I wasn’t thrilled, however he wasn’t wrong that I love shopping at Walgreens. I have been there for everything from a arm brace for my daughters sprained wrist, to passport photos, to laundry detergent at 11 pm when I realized I ran out. They have it all!

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

I find Walgreens brand very comparable if not exactly like the name brand item of vitamins, allergy medicine, digestive help items. Usually at half the cost. I purchase there on a regular basis. And now they have gold card points which is a bonus.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

Walgreens is where I get all of my prescriptions filled and get most of my health vitamins. I also get my flu-shot from Walgreens. My local Walgreens has always been trustworthy and reasonable and they always have the vitamins and medicine that I need to get.

Kylie Howes Provo, UT

Walgreens is an excellent drugstore that has a variety of items that make it easy to get quite a few different things in one place, like prescriptions, OTC drugs, and a few odds and ends as well. Their customer service is also pretty good, and they have stores all over the place which makes it a pretty convenient store to pick up whatever vitamins or medications that you're looking for.

Kimmi Riverton, UT

I've always had a positive experience with getting prescriptions here. I like calling ahead to get refills so they are ready when I arrive. When I need help locating something specific on the shelves the staff has always been willing to assist.

Rilynne Edwards Pleasant Grove, UT

I always get my vitamins and medications here. They're quick and I usually only spend a minute there getting the medicine I need. They have a great selection for allergy medication, so I would highly recommend Walgreens if that's what you're looking for.

Haley Baldwin

I recently bought vitamins from Walgreens before I left for my humanitarian trip this summer. They were so helpful in making sure that I was choosing the right vitamins for me and they had a wide variety of options with ranging prices.

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

I don't go to Walgreens a ton but when I was researching supplements I could take that might help with my hair and have it grow more healthy, Walgreens had what I needed. I frequently use the photo center at Walgreens to print my family pictures. They always turn out great.

BLF Pleasant Grove, UT

Great store to buy from and offers a wide variety of products. They offer a great warranty on your purchase, if you are not fully satisfied. They will return anything you have purchased no questions asked as long as you have a receipt with the item you are returning.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I go to Walgreens all the time for health products, prescriptions, and vitamins. They have a large selection at a great price and specific types for what I am looking for. My money goes a long way at Walgreens too, because they always have discounts and they are also always giving me the coupons I use.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

Walgreens is a great option to buy your vitamins and minerals from. They always have sales for buy one get one free. This makes them a lot less expensive than even most online retailers. Its also nice walk up and down the aisle and see exactly what you need.

Sicely Lyn Russell Phoenix, AZ

The vitamins that you can find at Walgreens are great! I love how they have the good tasting vitamins there!

Zabsanti Silverhill, AL

Walgreens has been my number 1 go to place for vitamins and supplements if I'm on a hurry. They provide the biggest array of vitamin products compared to other stores and have them at an affordable price.

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

Walgreens is the store that I’ll go into if I need to grab just a last-minute item. Otherwise you’ll end up paying way too much, and they don’t necessarily have everything you need.

Eric San Diego, CA

Walgreens is pretty good for vitamins. They have a wide selection of multivitamins from One a Days for men and women either above or below the age of 50. They also carry those gummie vitamins that everyone seems to love.

grace lima The Bronx, NY

The savings are great . Great rewards program

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Walgreens offers a great variety of vitamins to choose from, and brands as well. They also offer deals on vitamins themselves or through their rewards cards. Great place to shop for vitamins.

Luis Diaz Dallas, TX

Walgreens is the way to go when I’m not feeling well. All of the employees always know where to find exactly what I’m looking for and the Walgreens branded vitamins are super cheap

Randi Nelson San José, SJ

I love Walgreens! They offer a wide variety of vitamins, I think a little over priced, but I am a fan. They also offer fantastic other things and I like the service at Walgreens

Aidan Keogh Ogden, UT

Biggest section of vitamins anywhere. This is the place I go to when I'm looking for something specific. Also good variety and not just limited to one brand like some other stores.

Julie Taylor Ogden, UT

We find using Walgreens to get vitamins and non prescription goods. The associates there are very knowledgeable we able to find things to help, and where to find them in the store.

take7 Cheyenne, WY

Convenient for me to order from Walgreens as I can go in store and speak with someone about the vitamins and supplements. Price was fair. Not much variety but they had what I needed.

Nick Hansen Eagle Mountain, UT

This is our preferred place to pick up prescriptions and they always seem to have any other things we need, from vitamins to limeade juice to helpful around the house equipment that helped my wife after her hip surgery.

Nichole Hiatt Eagle Mountain, UT

Walgreens is my first pick when looking for my vitamins and supplements. I know I can find exactly what I need when I go there, and they have great sales to get what I need at a discount.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

I love that they have a later pharmacy then a lot of other stores. My husband once had surgery and needed medicine. I was thankful they were still open and could fill it at almost 9pm. Only pharmacy opened that late and friendly fast service

Jacob American Fork, UT

Walgreens has the best prices for vitamins. With coupons being emailed daily as well as discounts and specials for members, Walgreens has top quality and fast customer service.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

Walgreens has a store near my home. I do shop there frequently. Just recently I needed a battery operated Waterpik to travel with. Who knew I could get that at Walgreens for a good price.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

Walgreens has amazing prices and a wide range of services! I was able to get my passport photos taken within twenty minutes, as well as pickup medication for my Uncle and buy toiletries I needed all in one spot!

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

I shop at Walgreens all the time, I love getting my makeup from here. I always get my medicine from here because they have all the different products I love for affordable prices.

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

I’ve used Walgreens for my vitamins before when my regular place wasn’t available. But Walgreens was great. They were very helpful and the checkout process was smooth. Their staff was very friendly.

Brenda Spanish Fork, UT

I Like purchasing vitamins at Walgreens because I can always go to the pharmacist and ask him questions about the vitamins and he will do his best to give me good information about the product.