Walgreens opened in 1901 when Charles Walgreen opened the first store in Chicago. As it grew with the community, Charles began inventing things like the malted milkshake and the first drugstore to provide its medications in child-safe containers. It now has 8,000 stores providing everything from nutritional products to groceries. Walgreens also offers photos, contacts, and prescription services.

#1 LuckyVitamin chevron_right
#2 CVS chevron_right

The Good

• Extensive Selection
  • Free Shipping on Orders Over $25
  • Rewards Program

Extensive Selection

Walgreens is one of the largest chains to offer an online vitamin store. This has helped it accumulate a very extensive selection and range of products. It has organized its products into 14 main categories which include: beauty, personal care, medicines & treatments, vitamins & supplements, and many other categories. As mentioned above, Walgreens can also take care of your prescription needs, contact lenses, and photos all on its website.

Each product includes a description of nutrients and ingredients of the item. Consumers receive a variety of information on all vitamins and supplements. It also includes the nutritional label along with reviews from other shoppers.

Some of the major health products available are:

• dietary supplements
  • herbal products
  • multivitamin
  • mineral supplements
  • probiotics
  • various forms of vitamins and minerals

Free Shipping on Orders Over $25

Walgreens offers a competitive free shipping rate on its vitamin supplements. It offers free shipping to any orders that are $25 or more. It also offers free shipping on all gift card purchases. Its return policy is also beneficial for customers. It offers the standard returns up to 30 days after the purchase, but Walgreens also offers a guarantee on its products. If the customer is not fully satisfied they may return the unused portion for a full refund, including shipping and handling. This is one of the more generous return policies we have seen from vitamin stores.

Rewards Program

There is an option for a rewards program at Walgreens. Balance Rewards is a program that requires consumers to signup but is free to join. As you buy, you earn points which will earn you rewards. Most items are worth 10 points per dollar, while some are worth more. Once 5,000 points are earned, $5 is awarded to the shopper. There is the possibility to earn up to $50 in rewards with 40,000 points. The website also offers live chat assistance at any time in English or Spanish. It provides the feature to keep items shipped to you at regular intervals, either every 30, 60, 90, 120, or 180 days. This is an easy option to select offered at every check out page.

The Bad

Rewards Program Limitations

The rewards program is not worth it unless a customer shops with Walgreens frequently. Customers can only receive $50 back in-store credit at a time. Anything over that in rewards will not be given to the customer.

The Bottom Line

Walgreens vitamins selection and pricing is competitive with other health and wellness retailers. It offers a large variety of supplement products, essential nutrients, and other health and dietary assistance products. It provides a competitive free shipping rate and returns policy. Although its rewards program is not as great as others, it still allows for customers to gain up to $50. Walgreens has been in business for over 114 years showing that it is a reliable source for consumers.

bailey jo
October 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

Always my top choice for picking up any vitamins, supplements, prescriptions. Great selection.

Alyssa Boren
October 11th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

The employees are kind and they have a great selection of vitamins. It was easy to find the exact ones I was looking for.

October 10th, 2019 DETAILS

It’s a bit of a drive for lower prices on the same items however it’s worth stopping if it’s an item that has a long shelf life.

Amy Boren
October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

There is always a great selection at Walgreens. They have great deals and I love how convenient the store is.

Miles Strother
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is a great place to get vitamins and simple medical stuff, especially considering they have tons of good locations. It's my go-to place to get over-the-counter medicines when I'm in a hurry.

Rushie Gregory
October 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is a great place to go for just about anything. Their prices are a little high for my personal taste, but it's good quality stuff.

Phyllis Hecht
October 2nd, 2019 Lincoln, CA DETAILS

I use Walgreens for my prescriptions. So convenient to be able to just drive up to the window and get them. Close to hom3 and so convenient!

Joy Hill
September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Walgreens has great vitamins and medicines! The customer service is great and they always go out of their way to make you happy.

Darrin Henry
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is a quick in and out and you can usually find the things you need for health care and supplements at a low price and good variety.

ave
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I shop at Walgreens all the time, I love getting my makeup from here. I always get my medicine from here because they have all the different products I love for affordable prices.

Scotlynn Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Enjoy their pharmacy options but everything else in the store is so expensive. Same brand for more money than at Walmart

Keeli Hansen
July 30th, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

Walgreens is so easy to find everything that you need from wellness and make up even candy and toys.

Mazi Marcel Womack
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Walgreens always has the greatest vitamins and different brands to choose from.

Paige Baldwin
July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS

I’ve used Walgreens for my vitamins before when my regular place wasn’t available. But Walgreens was great. They were very helpful and the checkout process was smooth. Their staff was very friendly.

Haley Baldwin
July 10th, 2019 DETAILS

I recently bought vitamins from Walgreens before I left for my humanitarian trip this summer. They were so helpful in making sure that I was choosing the right vitamins for me and they had a wide variety of options with ranging prices.

Rylie Crandall
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like Walgreens because it’s a convenient vitamin store. It’s quick and easy to find items with the help of the staff and it’s neatly organized.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like shopping at Walgreens because it's a great vitamin store. I can always find what I'm looking for.

Samie Cummings
June 19th, 2019 Ephraim, UT DETAILS

I go to Walgreens all the time! It has great customer service. And they help you very quickly.

Jennifer
June 19th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love Walgreens. I have been getting my prescriptions filled at Walgreens for the past 25 years and have never had an issue regarding my medicine. If there’s ever been a question they have always called me or communicated with the doctor and have been very timely in getting my prescriptions filled. I would recommend Walgreens to anyone who needs their prescriptions filled.

Lilly
June 14th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

When I went to Walgreens I was looking for some vitamins for the kids I nannied and when I finally found some, 5 bottles we’re expired. Most people might not check this detail but I do and so I grabbed all of them and told them. I hope they check food expiration dates as well.

Nicole LeBaron
June 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is a great drug store to find any medicine. I think for a drug store they have a good variety for different sicknesses. Highly recommend them!

Nicholas
June 12th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

Walgreens is a very good store. It has a great variety of medicine, food, snacks, and many other goods. Most of the employees are also very nice. :)

Sierra Beck
June 11th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

I don't go to Walgreens a ton but when I was researching supplements I could take that might help with my hair and have it grow more healthy, Walgreens had what I needed. I frequently use the photo center at Walgreens to print my family pictures. They always turn out great.

Megan trauba
June 10th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I go to Walgreens quite often when I need something fast. There's one super close to my house and they have a lot of my basic needs. They are a good, little corner store.

Jacob Shaner
June 10th, 2019 DETAILS

This has been a really good convenience store with a good range of vitamins, as well as a pharmacy. I have been able to find anything I need here, but usually only come here when they have promotional sales.

Brenda
June 10th, 2019 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS

I Like purchasing vitamins at Walgreens because I can always go to the pharmacist and ask him questions about the vitamins and he will do his best to give me good information about the product.

Kathryn (Katy) Uhl
June 6th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

We go here for all our pharmaceutical needs. Great place, always meet nice people.

Dale L Farmer
June 4th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

I like the variety that they have and the quality has been good. I like being able to get other things while I am there.

Tracy Hill
June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love Walgreens because of their pharmacy. They are very informative when when your items are ready for pickup and it’s very convenient

Liana
May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

It's the Walmart of personal wellness. They MOSTLY get stuff right, but don't expect any additional frills.

Julie Kincaid
May 28th, 2019 Soldotna, AK DETAILS

A few months ago while traveling, our son broke his elbow and required surgery. I found myself at a Walgreens at 9:00 at night, getting his prescriptions filled. It had been a hard week. My mother in law had just died two days before, and we had her funeral the next day. And my son was in surgery, and at that point I felt like I was running on my last cylinder. What was amazing about Walgreens is how well they took care of me. They were helpful and quick with the prescriptions, and made sure I had everything I needed. There customer service was wonderful that night.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS

As far as drug stores go, Walgreens does have the products I need, but I've had some poor customer service there. Well, not necessarily poor but just lacking. Anytime I've been in search of an employee, I can never find one anywhere.

BLF
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Great store to buy from and offers a wide variety of products. They offer a great warranty on your purchase, if you are not fully satisfied. They will return anything you have purchased no questions asked as long as you have a receipt with the item you are returning.

Reese
May 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I go to Walgreens all the time for health products, prescriptions, and vitamins. They have a large selection at a great price and specific types for what I am looking for. My money goes a long way at Walgreens too, because they always have discounts and they are also always giving me the coupons I use.

MICHELLE
May 16th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

My go to pharmacy and quick shop to run into. I can always find what I need at a decent price. I love that they have a reward program now too.

Jennifer
May 13th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is a great option to buy your vitamins and minerals from. They always have sales for buy one get one free. This makes them a lot less expensive than even most online retailers. Its also nice walk up and down the aisle and see exactly what you need.

Tanner Cook
December 17th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Walgreens is the store that I’ll go into if I need to grab just a last-minute item. Otherwise you’ll end up paying way too much, and they don’t necessarily have everything you need.

Eric
November 26th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Walgreens is pretty good for vitamins. They have a wide selection of multivitamins from One a Days for men and women either above or below the age of 50. They also carry those gummie vitamins that everyone seems to love.

Shari Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I am not great at remembering prescriptions, but Walgreens make it so easy they have reminders and automatic refills! It’s awesome!

Thomas Hullinger
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is convenient, has good prices, a great selection, and helpful people that will steer me in the right direction.

L Fowler
August 29th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We use Walgreens for all of our pharmacy needs. We like the convenience of the drive thru and the variety of products in their store.

Lesa Burgess
August 21st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I use Walgreens for all my prescriptions. It is one of the few places I can be certain has specific items I need in their store as well. I love being able to depend on a place for what I need!

Brayden D.
June 19th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Walgreens is where I get all of my drugs and vitamins and I have one near my house so it is perfect!

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Been here many times and they have a great selection, good prices and very good customer service.

Avery Fowler
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Walgreens is always fast and easy for me to get my prescriptions. The staff is always willing to help and fast to get me on my way.

Adam Crawley
June 8th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

I have a Walgreen right now to my apartment. It is a great convenience store for loads of things. I thought it would be rather expensive because of how small it is and the white variety of products, but the prices seem pretty competitive to other large retail or grocery stores.

Ashley
June 5th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I like going to Walgreens because whenever I need any medicine or something quickly, I can go there and find it easily without any problem.

Bella Houtz
June 5th, 2018 South Jordan, UT DETAILS

Walgreens is a great option and is always super close and affordable.

Amy Crawley
June 5th, 2018 Draper, UT DETAILS

love the Walgreens points system so helpful to getting coupons and discounts.

Lynette Fowler
June 4th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have liked shopping at Walgreens because of the quality of products and the wide selection. They can be a little more expensive than other places, but worth if to get what I need.