Vitacost Logo

3.0

LAST UPDATED: March 24th, 2022

Vitacost provides discounted vitamins, supplements, whole foods, health foods, pet essentials, and sports nutrition. It offers more than 45,000 items from over 2,500 of the most-trusted health and wellness brands and prices are up to 50% off retail.

The Good

• Great Selection of Products
  • Live Chat Feature
  • Promotional Deals and Discounts

Great Selection of Products

Vitacost offers healthy foods and recipes in addition to vitamins and supplements for customers looking for a complete health plan. If you can't find a specific product, you can send a request to Vitacost and the company will make an effort to make it available. Products are split into the following browsing categories: Vitacost Brands, Vitamins & Supplements, Sports & Fitness, Beauty & Personal Care, Babies & Kids, Diet Products, Food & Beverages, Non-GMO Products, Natural Home, Pet Health, and Herbs & Botanicals. Popular wellness products include protein powders, supplements, vitamins, minerals, and a variety of nutrition products for healthier living.

Each of these categories contains several sub-categories to help you narrow down your search results. Each product has its own product page with sections containing product details such as what the item should be used for, dosage instructions, ingredients, warnings, disclaimers and customer reviews. You also have the option to email the product information to a friend. Vitacost also features a price comparison that shows the retail price of each product versus the Vitacost price.

Live Chat Feature

Chat live with a representative directly from Vitacost at any time. Any customer may use this feature to get help with shipping, questions about products, and general feedback. In addition to a Live Chat feature, Vitacost has a Help page under the Customer Service section. The Help page offers assistance for tracking packages, refunding items, and a search function of FAQs.

Promotional Deals and Discounts

Vitacost features several promotional deals on its homepage. There is a standing promotional offer to save 10% off your purchase when you create a free account. Various products are linked with discount codes to help you save on your order. Another perk is free shipping on your order of $25 or more on Vitacost brand products.

Vitacost ships all over the United States and to over 160 countries worldwide, and offers very reasonably-priced shipping costs. For orders less than $25, shipping is just a small, flat-rate fee of $4.99 no matter how big the box. All orders placed before 1 p.m. will be delivered in 1-4 days. Costs for international shipments vary depending on the weight and preferred delivery method of an order. Shipping to Puerto Rico or the United States Virgin Islands costs a flat rate of $9.99.

The Bad

Return restrictions

If you want to return a product, you can only return one opened package per order - although you will have the option to request either a refund or a replacement item. You must send back your unwanted merchandise within 60 days of purchase. If located outside of the United States customers will have 90 days to request a refund. Replacement items and returns are not accepted for international orders due to the high cost of shipping.

The Bottom Line

Vitacost offers competitive pricing and service among other wellness online retailers. Although customers may face some issues with its return policies, it offers a large selection of health products, reasonably-priced shipping options, and several promotions to take advantage of.

View Best Vitamin Companies

2.9

Kristie Jones Murfreesboro, TN

I’ve been ordering from them for about 3 months now. Each time i place an order it ships within a couple hours and i get it within 1-3 days. This last order shipped same day and I’m not getting it next day! Fastest shipping I’ve ever seen!

Bluelevi

I placed an order and after three weeks it was still not shipped. I called and cancelled the order. Two weeks later, WITHOUT my authorization they charged my credit card and sent the order. I refused the package and they issued a refund but not before charging me for return postage on a package that should never have been sent in the first place. WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

EMJR Swanton, OH

I was hesitant to use Vitacost because of the many negative reviews but I have no complaints. They had supplements I wanted, the price was reasonable, it shipped and arrived in a timely manner, and it was packaged appropriately (both bottles were sealed, and the glass bottle had extra wrapping). No payment issues that I'm aware of. Would recommend based on my experience.

Ruth Stewart Houston, TX

Vitacost has become the FASTEST shipper of them ALL !!! They ship my orders within HOURS of placing my orders! I have my order AT my door within a couple of DAYS.....unheard-of these days! You can't beat their prices for LOTS of things! SPECIAL Discounts almost every day. Does Walmart do this? Does Amazon do this? Does Kroger.com do this? Nope. I use them to get many of my groceries TO my door faster than I can do my shopping (and stand in line) at ANY store...at better prices than any brick-and-mortar store in MANY cases. Free Shipping on ALL orders over $49. If you can't find $49 worth of stuff you WANT to EAT at Vitacost, then waste your time picking the stuff up at your grocery store. Most of my trips to the grocery store cost well-over $49. I was SO impressed with their FAST shipping that I was compelled to FIND a place to write a review...because I DO appreciate companies that are this customer-oriented. Amazon CHARGES you for FAST shipping. Walmart makes you wonder IF you'll get 2-day shipping (or not). Vitacost = NO loopholes to jump thru. Makes my life simpler. Saves me TIME & money!

MoeB Charlottesville, VA

I have bought products from Vitacost for many years. Great variety and almost always lower prices than in retail stores. Can't beat their low prices on vitamins and supplements. From them, I buy natural food items, supplements, soaps, shampoos, Burt's Bees products, Newman's own, Natures Path, Back to Nature, and on and on. They carry Simple Truth products (now that they're owned by Kroger). They have frequent sales on their already low prices. Best packaging I've ever seen on liquids - taped, bagged, and padded. Their packaging beats Amazon by a long shot. I have had 2-3 problems with orders over many years and many orders, and they were handled quickly and satisfactorily. Orders always arrives within a day or two via FedEx. I live in Virginia (I think I live fairly close to a distribution center, North Carolina?)

Bevy Doylestown, PA

Vitacost used to be a great company. I have been a customer for many many years. No longer. Excuses galore for horrible service, reps will tell you anything just to get you to stop “bothering” them with order problems and then not doing anything to solve concerns. Business practices should be investigated.

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I love using Vitacost. I am able to find the best price for many of my favorite items there. It is nice to put things on autoship and have it sent directly to your door when you need it. They have a wide selection of companies and brands to choose from and competitive prices. I’d definitely suggest using them for your vitamin and supplement needs.

Michele Selwyn

I was highly recommended to Vitacost by a Director here in UK who owns his own nutrient wholesaling company . I have shipped into UK several orders via Landmark Global that offer a combined shipping and landing duty cost at a fair price . All orders came within 3 days of ordering to UK. Admittedly I called the sales line from UK and ordered by phone and doubled checked all info costs . No problem very efficient

Jewel Wimberley, TX

Excellent company. I have been ordering for many years and never had a problem. Id there was a product that didn't work for me, returns are simple. They stand by their products and have excellent customer service. Vitacost is my go to healthy products with amazing prices and great incentives.

cameron Conway, AR

I"ve been shopping with Vitacost faithfully for many years. I place a large order every month, sometimes bi monthly. I know their system. Ex if I order by their cut off on Wednesday morning, I have my items Friday; order by cut off on Monday and you have Wednesday. They have been faithful to meet that schedule EVERY order UNTIL my last 2. The first time it happened I figured it was a fluke that any company can have a off day. But here I am again the very next order. The first time I ordered Tues after cutoff which to me is the same as ordering Wed before cut off. Delivery should have been Friday. Well with no word, no email, no explanation even when I asked I didn't get until the following Wednesday! This time I ordered Wed before cut off and after 3 chats and 1 phone call (all instigated by me, no word on their part) there are still no answers only "we're sorry we've been busy with promotions and are experiencing..." If you know anything about Vitacost, they ALWAYS have big promotions. I too wait until the promo codes come up to order that month. Something has changed for sure. I will have to find another online retailer. I hate this because I 've always found shopping with them reliable, fast, cheaper prices...

Lyn Okemos, MI

Very inflexible with poor customer service. Order placed ahead of coupon deadline but went through their server 1 minute after the end. They would not honor the coupon for a returning customer and offered a very small coupon that was less than other advertised discounts. I also could not talk to a real person about this problem.

Jennifer London, ON

Vitacost no longer ships certain items to Canada based on weight. This policy makes no sense. They will ship 5 cans of 29 ounce beans but not one 48 ounce bag of flour. Who made this ridiculous policy? This is terrible customer service. Call me a former customer.

Peter Kiriakoutsos Hampton, NH

Ordered vitamins on August 20, 2021. Vitacost sends an email indicating that order was shipped same day via FedEx (great). It is now August 26 and FedEx tracking has no record of the tracking number provided by Vitacost. Customer service can only offer to send a replacement shipment if 10 business days have passed and the order still hasn’t been received. Warning to those placing an order - be sure to allow up to a month to receive your order. If it’s something you need sooner, look elsewhere.

Natasha Bere Olathe, KS

It is very dangerous to buy from this company. The site has very weak security, my account was hacked, someone got over $400 order from my account using my credit card. Vitacost didn't even informed me about suspicious activity on my account, and when I noticed that, they was rude to me and said they can not do anything about it. I have stoped to buy from them for a year. A few days ago, I decided to give them second chance and made an order order, I receive confirmation email with order number. On their website it said, they a 1-3 days behind in processing. I was waiting for 10 days, then called them, and they told me that they have cancelled my order! They couldn't give me good explanation why it was canceled. One rep said that they send me some confirmation email I didn't answer, when I spoke to the manager, he confirmed that no any confirmation emails was sent to me. They just cancelled!! This company is a joke!

Carolyn Glenns Ferry, ID

I've been shopping on Vitacost for many years. The prices are very low and they have a wide variety of products and brands. I have only had a couple of problems in the many years I've shopped but they were taken care of immediately with no hassles.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

I’ve used them for years and I have actually really enjoyed them. Every few months you get a little coupon Emailed to you. Their prices are pretty good there selection has gone down in past years but there still a ton of stuff

Mel Oak Park, IL

Great products and pricing, great descriptions. Love the coupons that bring down prices and free shipping.

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

Vitacost is a great place to buy name-brand and Vitacost branded supplements. They have very good pricing that often compares to Amazon and free shipping on orders that meet a specific dollar total.

lowercase d Mecosta, MI

I've liked their selection and their prices. However, their website is NOT secure -- but only on the page where you input your debit/credit card info! When I tried to tell them via chat I was asked 3 times for the same info and then hung up on. I just spent 31 minutes waiting patiently for a customer service rep on their phone line ... but no one answered. I JUST today placed a $100 order!

Katrina Ward Windsor, CA

I used to order from this company regularly. I always payed through paypal. One day 2 charges for the same amount from Vitacost appeared on my credit card. I had placed no order and it did not show on PayPal. I called Vitacost and spoke to customer service. They where supposed to call back and never did. I had to lock my credit card. I call Vitacost back 2 days later and they denied making the charges. The customer service rep, Susan, was extremely unhelpful and unapologetic. Seems like this company thinks it is ok to store your credit card information and make wrongful charges and when they are called out on it respond with "we have no record of these charges." Customers beware! Protect your information and shop elsewhere.

Sophia Pflieger

My advice, don’t shop at vitacost. I’m in canada and never received my package, it took 30 days from the time my order was placed for them to process a refund. I had to email multiple times (most of which were not returned), and had to call several times. No one called me back. I was only emailed bac after the refund was processed and it was a generic response. The supervisor Nina I spoke with was not helpful what so ever, not sympathetic and offered no consolation of any kind. Not even a 10% off coupon which are given away like candy over there was offered to me. This was a $300 canadian value order which had Bogo’s and I used a coupon, if I placed the same order again now it cost about $400 canadian. If I actual wanted the items I had ordered I will be forced to place another order without the discounts I received earlier from their sale. This is not ok at all. A coupon should have been offered so I could have had to opportunity to place my order again without it costing me anything extra. It was not offered even when I asked, just the same generic response from the supervisor “I’m really sorry, and I understand your frustrated”. Because that is an appropriate response when someone asked for a coupon so they can re-order. You would think they would want to keep by business but apparently not. Save yourself some trouble and by from iherb.com, luckyvitamin.com or pureformulas. Never had a problem with any of these sites. Ever since kroger bought vitacost the canadian customer got the short end of that deal! It's been exactly 30 days since my order was “sent” and the refund STILL hasn’t cleared on my credit card, although it should. That is besides the point, they kept my money for 30 days and I never ended up with an order. So BUYER BEWARE. They could give me a $100 off coupon and I STILL wouldn’t shop there again and I was a loyal customer for 5 years.

Deb Kline Altoona, PA

Ordered $120 worth of products that I'm supposed to be taking for Lyme disease on July 31 2017. Package was to be delivered Aug 3. The chilled package never showed up & FEDEX tracking showed it was labeled with wrong street address(Vitacost's error)... Vitacost's "We'll make it right, guarantee' is offered but not honored. Vitacost refused to send out a fresh package tho mine had 3 chilled products and sat in hot FEDEX truck for 8 days. Requested a refund but they keep making excuses as to why they cannot issue me a refund. FEDEX tracking states the package was returned to their warehouse Aug 9. Initially, I was told I'd be refunded after package was in warehouse for 24-48 hours. Now a representative was very rude, playing games & stated, "You told me that you did receive the package". It's bad enough being sick and without the supplements, advised by your dr but to have this big vitamin company ripping you off, playing games is unbearable. Afraid to trust any online company. I need that $120. back so I can buy those supplements, I've been without since Aug 3. Vitacost knows this but doesn't care. They're charlatans. BEWARE.

Faye Oakmont, PA

I have been dealing with Vitacost for years and have been very happy with their products and how quickly they have handled any problems that I have had, which have been very few. That is until lately. They have Laser-ship delivering for them now and to put in bluntly, LASER SHIP SUCKS! I live in a 90 unit high rise, whenever I get a delivery from ups or fedex they bring it to my door but Lasership throws it in the downstairs lobby where so many packages have been stolen. So I am going to have to quit Vitacost because of LASERSHIP. HAPPY WITH PRODUCTS - HATE THEIR DELIVERY SERVICE.

J. Whelan Long Beach, MS

I like VitaCost their prices are very reasonable and I find their product to be of good quality. I even find the pricey pharmaceutical grade vitamins and supplements can be purchased on their site. Shipping and processing is reasonable and free with a minimum purchase. I've used them many times with no problems. I can trust their service.

Carrie McKinney Frisco, TX

If I could give 0 stars I would. Every time we order from them over the past few years our stuff come damaged. Glass jars of food broken and liquid everywhere. You would think they would get a better way to package the glass. Too bad too Bc they have great products for great prices…the chat service is a joke too btw

Danette Thompson St Louis, MO

was a long time Vitacost customer - never again. My recent order was sent to the wrong address despite my updating my address book with my new address and deleting my old address. I was charged $31 and when I called to request a refund or replacement, I was rudely told it was my fault and they were going to do nothing. I was treated as if I was trying to defraud the company. Instead, I've been robbed of $31 by Vitacost. Good products pricing - horrible customer service. Never, ever again will I use this company and I will make sure everyone I can reach knows why.

Steve Yakoban Union, NJ

We have been a customer for years, spending many tens of thousands of dollars with them. NO MORE! We placed an order 8 days ago and it hasn't been filled. The chat agents are all worthless now and don't give meaningful answers to questions when we check on the order. For our troubles, "a chat supervisor" offered a 10% discount that cannot be used w/any other discount - they constantly email us larger discounts, so that's ridiculous but it summarizes what they've become: another company with bad service trying to get over on their customers. STAY AWAY!!!

Trevor Harris-Dewey Durban, NL

Vitacost is a scam. I ordered multiple tablets the mains ones were on special and showed stock available. Once the order went through they cancelled my main items without consultation and proceeded to ship the order of the rest of the items at full delivery price with pushed their prices up 30%. I tried to cancel the order and they refused. Please do not purchase from them.

Chris Baird Eugene, OR

I tried to place my first order with Vitacost and was having a problem getting it to go through. I called to place the order by phone or to get help. I waited on hold for almost an hour. No one ever answered. I tried chat a number of times and always got timed out because no one ever responded. I then tried emailing and never received a response. I will never shop Vitacost. This is the worst customer service ever.

A Singletary Oxnard, CA

DO NOT BUY VITACOST products. They sell OUTDATED vitamin supplements. I ordered 6 bottles of their Tart Cherry and it came today, EXPIRES in 13 days!!!!! They are selling health products as "new" but they are outdated and OLD! Don't buy VITACOST products. THEY SAID THAT THEY SELL ALL KINDS OF PRODUCTS THAT WILL EXPIRE IN 35 DAYS! THAT'S THEIR POLICY. OLD. Outdated and no refunds. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. At 1 TSP per day, I won't be thru the first bottle before it's EXPIRED. They charged me $118 and won't refund their junk.

Kristen Leicester, NC

I love this store. They have really good prices and I always get exactly what I ordered very quickly! This is a great go to place.

Shelby Jackson Salt Lake City, UT

Vitacost is my go to when ordering vitamins. They always have some kind of promotion going like a bogo 50 which in turn saves you money! Their website is easy to use, but does have some pop ups here and there.

Erin Glendening Livingston, LA

I love vita cost vitamin centers because they always have the vitamins I need. The customer service is out of this world and the price is even better.

take7 Cheyenne, WY

Had both sides of good and bad experience. One time shipping was quick no problems with products ordered. Another time I only got sent one product and not the other 2. Waited a few days up to a week and nothing. Tried customer service and they gave me the run around. It was such a hassle it would’ve been better to do a local store or amazon.

kayshel Herriman, UT

I have ordered vitamins as well as healthy food from Vitacost on a regular basis for several years now. I feel like I can depend on them and their prices are very good.

CAROLE SCOVILLE Pleasant Grove, UT

I’ve used this site a few times to buy some recovery drink packs that I couldn’t find anywhere else – they were great price and they shipped quickly

Edo Bigbend, WV

Canceled the order since i belive i used to many Promo Codes on Black Friday, Told me i didn't give them the right information, which it not true. Their disscounts are fraud, don't belive it.

Misty Lacey Laurel, MS

I have purchased vitamins several times & have been satisfied with the products. Great products & cost effective