Melaleuca is an international health and wellness company. Starting in Idaho Falls, Idaho, Melaleuca is one of the fastest growing vitamin and mineral clubs in the nation. Melaleuca sells over 400 products to customers from around the globe (Canada, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Puerto Rico, Malaysia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, China, Germany, Mexico, Austria, Poland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom).

As a multi-level marketing company, it has added benefits compared to many of its competitors and boasts that its company is the largest online wellness club in North America. This club has over 1 million shoppers every month, $2 billion in annual sales and a 96% monthly reorder rate.

Since 1985, Melaleuca has brought people’s attention to Melaleuca Alternifolia oil (more commonly known as tea tree oil). In its 33-year history, Melaleuca has sought to raise the standard of health and wellness products and provide men and women around the globe with quality supplements.

View Best Vitamin Companies

#1 LuckyVitamin chevron_right
#2 CVS chevron_right
#3 Walgreens chevron_right

The Good

• Large Array of Melaleuca Products
  • Customer Service
  • Online Store
  • Multi-Level Marketing
  • Beauty Product Selection
  • Household Products
  • Nature-Based Products
  • Loyalty Shopping Dollars

Large Array of Melaleuca Products

With over 400 products to try, customers will have a variety of supplements to select. Melaleuca has seven categories that contain numerous healthy options. Customers can narrow their search by selecting one of the following categories:

• Nutrition
  • Medicine Cabinet
  • Beauty
  • Household
  • Bath & Body
  • Essential Oils
  • Extra Savings
  • Logo Gear

Men and women can find a variety of multivitamins for increasing bone and joint health, digestive health, prenatal care, and other health interests. There are plenty of product types such as antioxidants, calcium, fish oil & omegas, herbal extracts. Melaleuca even has healthy products for pets.

This company continues to expand its products to all parts of life, from household products such as laundry detergent and cleaning products to essential oil, this company has thousands of high-quality products at a low overall price. Among its most popular products are dietary supplements which help individuals lose weight.

Because of Melaleuca's business structure, one of the only types of communication between the customer and its store is through its customer service departments. This company has excelled in this area of service because potential clients can also become potential employees. Through its years of service, it has been accommodating to all of its clients.

Having received the Better Business Bureau's Torch Award in 2008, it is clear that this company has a high emphasis on ensuring the customer is satisfied.

Online Store

The Melaleuca store is entirely online. The entire store has a ton of variety, but only limited access unless you have a membership with this company. All it takes to join the club is an email, your phone number, and creating a username and password, and in turn, you will get access to all of its products.

Multi-Level Marketing

This company has grown the way it has through its multi-level marketing(also known as MLM). This creates an opportunity for the individual that is joining this club. An MLM business model is a compensation plan for members that promotes recruiting people to help sell its product, as well as paying each member that helps sell its products.

Becoming apart of Melaleuca's MLM has great bonuses for the industry of MLMs and is a great way to earn money while using its products. Either through each personal sell you have, or to recruit people to sell the product for you, you will receive a commission for each sale that comes as a result of you.

As a side note, to clarify, unlike an illegal pyramid scheme, MLM's are run as a way to promote the product, which means that the product is the focus of making money and not the initial recruiting.

Beauty Product Selection

Melaleuca offers numerous beauty products. Customers can quickly select what kind of products they’re looking to buy. Melaleuca offer products for skin, hair, facial, and dental care. Melaleuca’s beauty products range from acne treatment to shampoo to whitening toothpaste.

Household Products

Some of this company's most popular items involve its household products. Individuals can get everything including their laundry soap and tub and tile cleaners. This is an area that almost all vitamin stores do not offer. Offering household products along with its herbs and supplements makes its variety extensive and allows for individuals to accomplish their health goals through cleaning their surroundings as well as cleaning their bodies.

Nature-Based Products

Melaleuca strives to make it possible for families to live clean by offering safer and more effective environmental and eco-friendly wellness products. Melaleuca products have biodegradable ingredients. The company stays away from products that contain bleach, ammonia, and phosphates; replacing them with clean products like thyme oil, citric acid, and enzymes. Because of its eco-conscious business culture, Melaleuca customers have helped save a total of 205 million pounds of plastic, 41 million gallons of fuel, and 46 million pounds of harmful gas emissions.

Loyalty Shopping Dollars

Customers who enroll as a preferred customer can earn Loyalty Shopping Dollars by watching short online videos that introduce other Melaleuca products. The videos range in prices from $5-$10 and customers can earn up to $100 in the first five months. However, products purchased with your Loyalty Shopping Dollars do not count toward your Product Points commitment.

Every month after the first five months customers can earn up to 15% on every order. Customers just need to place their order online before the 20th and watch the videos to activate the Loyalty Shopping Dollars.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Prices
  • Disclaimer
  • Complaints

Undisclosed Prices

Those just browsing the Melaleuca site will have to create an account to see any prices. Clicking on an item will pull up various information on the product but does not disclose the amount. This feature can be frustrating for shoppers who want to compare prices quickly.

Located in terms of use, Melaleuca states that, “Melaleuca further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials at this Site. Melaleuca may make changes to the materials at this Site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials at this Site may be out of date, and Melaleuca makes no commitment to update the materials at this Site. Information published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are intended for use only in a specific country and may not be used or relied upon in any other country.”

Complaints

Although this company has a lot of good things going for it, they have a few issues that consumers have mentioned in reviews. The melaleuca complaints consist mainly of becoming a member. Being a member gives access to all of its products, but there is a minimum payment that customers have to make to stay members. Most people have only positive things to say, but in the few complaints that we have received, almost are all about its minimum payment for its products.

The Bottom Line

For shoppers hoping to compare prices to other health and wellness companies, will find that to see any costs for vitamins unless they sign up on the website. This can be a slight annoyance to customers that do not clearly understand Melaleuca's vision. This company is hoping to help its customer not only find enjoyable, and cheap products, but also to have a chance to gain money for sharing this product with friends, family, and co-workers.

Melaleuca has plenty of benefits for its members. It is offering a large selection of vitamins and minerals, supplements, essential oils, as well as other wellness products in various flavors, formulas, and sizes. The company boasts that it would take members more than three years to try all the Melaleuca products. Since the company is both the manufacturer and retailer of its products, it's not likely customers will come across these products in their local grocery store, so shoppers will have to buy Melaleuca products online, which is, from our analysis, one of the best options to choose.

View Best Vitamin Companies

Janet Dunn

December 18th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a member for nearly a year now and can say I love the large range of products. All super quality and so happy with the performance of all categories especially the nutritional products. I cannot speak highly enough of them and great customer service too. Very happy

Josh

December 14th, 2017 Milbridge, ME DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely absurd cancellation policy. The only reason for a ploicy like they have is rip off as many people as possible.

Naomi

November 22nd, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have just found melaleuca 3 weeks ago and can honestly say it’s the best company I’ve found in the last 5 years. The products are amazing and great value for money and customer service is spot on! I know I will be with this company for many years to come

Catherine

November 22nd, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Amazing company, love the products the beat I've ever seen. Amazing rewarding compensation plan.

Tray

November 14th, 2017 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First of all let me start out by saying that melaleuca's customer service is unmatched ,they have great people there well informed and always willing to help. Melaleuca products are the greatest everything that I've used their has worked as it described and a lot better my favorite product is GC control. Being a diabetic for the last 2 years my medicine just wasn't working I started taking GC control and now I'm no longer on medicine it has lowered my numbers to normal numbers. I'm just telling my story that Melaleuca has helped me in many ways so if you're on the fence about joining melaleuca's Shopping Club hopefully I helped you to make your decision. Also they have very fast shipping.

Kristy

November 13th, 2017 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the peak performance vitamins!! I have plantar fasciitis and fibromyalgia and after taking the vitamins I noticed that I have more energy and motivation to do things I normally dreaded doing. The severe pain I had is practically gone and the inflammation I had in my feet is significantly reduced. I am very happy and GRATEFUL for this wellness company!!!!

Alana J

November 6th, 2017

Excellent Products! Priced well considering you are getting healthier safer products for your family. Customer Service is awesome when I have contacted them. And when I was able to try the products risk free for 90 days....I was sold! Great company!

Anne McKechnie

November 3rd, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been shopping at Melaleuca for 14 years. My son had allergies, and we had some great results switching over to their product line for him. I love the high quality but also reasonable prices. When I first set up my shopping account it was explained to me that they manufacture for their customers in a JIT model, so switching over some of the items I was already purchasing made sense. I was already buying them at the store and they were reasonably priced and much higher quality. I would also regard myself as more of a minimalist shopper, and haven't had any issues purchasing each month. I love the customer service, they answer the phones promptly and also have a 90 days money back guarantee......I also like their coupons and bogos. After 13 years, I can't see myself shopping anywhere else!

Ann Tschirhart

October 24th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL

I have been a consumer of Melaleuca cleaning and laundry products primarily for 16 years. Recently I decided to join and build a business. The training from our team is outstanding, in fact, I have paid hundreds of dollars for the same training from other MLM's. Although Melaleuca is not an MLM, it has the best compensation plan I have ever experienced.

Victor R

October 5th, 2017

Good product and great customer service! Love this company! I'd recommend them to anyone.Very helpful and attentive when calling customer service, simply amazing!

Bliss

October 4th, 2017

Please do not waste your money on this company's products. Been a member for a year and have tried it all from the vitamins, weight loss supplements, and even the toothpaste. I've spent less going to a store and getting better results. If you want to go "green", prepare to pay extra for it and deal with a lot of red tape and struggle when you finally decide to cancel your membership.

Ryan Ellington

October 3rd, 2017 WA

Once you use their products you will not go back to national brand! Every single product I've used is either equivalent in price to national brand, or less expensive, and out-perform the national brand like item. Amazingly their products are not only priced at or below national brand they are better for our homes, environment, and families. Customer for life!

Jim Sevy

October 3rd, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID

This company is real and has been a true blessing! My wife and I would be customers even if we weren't building a business, because we would not ever do without the amazing products. We have had people we have enrolled as customer need to cancel and the process is easy and simple. They are incredibly fair with billing, the 100% satisfaction guarantee and their customer service can't be beat!

Susan Hughes

October 3rd, 2017

I absolutely love this amazing company. The convenience of ordering online and having safe and natural products delivered right to my door in as little as 2 days keeps me as a customer

Stacy

October 3rd, 2017 Chino Valley, AZ

As a customer for over 3 years I can't see myself shopping anywhere else for my household goods and family care and supplements. I have not come across a product I didn't like. I was skeptical at first with the products not containing harsh chemicals and still "getting the job done". I am very happy with the products and they work better than harsh chemicals. High quality products with science and studies to back it up and very reasonably priced. As a business I love the flexibility and the compensation plan. No gimmicks, no risk, no inventory, no distribution. Just what I was looking for and success isn't tied to or hindered by anyone else. Definitely not MLM and no break-away compensation. The sky is the limit and you are helping other people in the process.

Sheri

October 3rd, 2017 Newark, NJ

Best online store! Products have changed my life.

Natasha Walladge

September 21st, 2017

Melaleuca has changed mine and my families life for the better in more ways than 1. I absolutely love it and everything about it. I'd recommend them to anyone

Michele Pirtle

September 20th, 2017 Seattle, WA

I have been a customer since 2003. I love this company! They have amazing customer service. They treat you like family. My family & I loves their products!! They are NOT an MLM & they are not a breakaway business. Their business is based on referrals.

Rebecca

September 18th, 2017 Salina, KS

I love using Melaleuca products. I have been using them for six months and am feeling better. I have been able to lose some weight and keep it off. There are so many advantages to using these products for me.

Maria Acosta

September 18th, 2017

Have been with Melaleuca 3 years, love the products, love the integrity of the Company, Building my Plan B , without having to invest my Business is growing solid . Love our mission statement of helping others to reach their goals.

Lisa

September 18th, 2017

I love every single product from Melaleuca. I love the value for money everything lasts a long time and most important everything is safe for my family

Samantha

September 18th, 2017

Well priced superior products. Better than what we get offered at Norma supermarkets. 100% love all

Michelle osborne

September 14th, 2017

There isn't any products on any store shelves that compare to Sol U Mel. The supplements are fresh and very affective. Once when my vitamins got heated during shipment, they sent new ones for free. The customer service at corporate have always been good to me. I am a customer since 2009 with no complaints plus I love the small check I get each month just for referring someone else. I could go on about the benefits but it would take all day.

Cherie

September 14th, 2017

Great products, great customer service, I love that if there's a product that I don't care for I can return with no questions asked! It is a wonderful company and I get paid to shop, another perk!

Marsha Bove

September 14th, 2017 Kennett Square, PA

I have been a satisfied customer for 15 years. No complaints at all. Great products, awesome customer service, company functions with the upmost integrity, no risk to customer and/or marketing executive. Love this company and their products and their support to customers and marketing executives.

Jennifer Kahler

September 14th, 2017

I joined Melaleuca January of 2017. I simply just love their products. I really wasn't pulled in by the product side but by the making money side. As I continued to use their products, I realized how much I was spending at the store, buying the same products but never getting any value out of them (let alone the products weren't safe for my family). I don't think I'll ever stray from using Melaleuca products. What other store has a 90-day money back guarantee, even if the container is completely empty? I haven't found another store yet that offers this....

Liz

September 14th, 2017 Oswego, IL

I have been a customer for 10+ years now and would never shop for these products anywhere else. I saw a difference in my families health after converting my home and firmly stand behind them as a wellness company. Their customer service is superior! I actually enjoy having to call them! If you have a question about a certain ingredient they will be happy to tell you the difference as to why some chemicals are not created equally. Melaleuca uses the best of science and nature as stated for superior products anyone who thinks different was misinformed. Lastly, the business makes sense as it is based on products people actually need and use on a daily basis. No extra money spent on inventory and no time wasted delivering products.

Meghan

September 14th, 2017

I have been witg Nelaleuca since april 2017, and My family and I absolutly love their products. customer service goes above and beyond & what other company rewards you like melaleuca. It has been a pleasure finding out about this store.

Susan Steinhardt

September 14th, 2017 Brooklyn, NY

High Quality Green/Wellness products; 100% guarantee; easy cancellation policy; customer service exceptionally responsive; NO: billing, distributing, selling, financial investing, advertising, pressure & pressuring customers. Direct Customer manufacturing. Zero comparison to MLMs.

Robert

September 14th, 2017

We have been a preferred customer with Melaleuca for just over 5 years and have nothing but praise for the company. My wife and I love the products, customer service, and will continue to be customers for life. All we did was switch stores for a handful of products that we were buying anyway but now paying the same or less, better quality, safer, and shipped to our door by UPS. And our shipping ends up being free with the loyalty dollars/cash back each month. This was a no brainer for our family!

Starlene Cole

September 14th, 2017

After years of prescription meds for fibromyalgia, Gerd, and IBS I began taking Peak Performance Total because I knew of their satisfaction guarantee or money back. Within three months I was off all my meds and feeling like my old self again. I took a three mile hike up to a beautiful waterfall in the Tennessee Hills followed by a forty five minute trail ride the next morning. For fifteen years prior I could not have even given any thought to either event. As an added bonus my cholesterol level was changed significantly for the better. And best of all...I can play with my grandchildren! Thank you Melaleuca!

Karen Stabile

September 14th, 2017

I have shopped with Melaleuca for nearly 16 years. I can't imagine a better store, with at-home delivery, online shopping and great variety. The science and quality of the products are exceptional. Peak Performance Brain pack (supplements) is my favorite!!! The company management also cares about people, whether it's giving free products to affected areas after hurricanes or celebrating families when they become debt-free.

Erika K.

September 14th, 2017

I have been a customer with Melaleuca since January of 2005,I cannot say enough about the customer service. On more than one occasion of accidentally ordered the wrong product called up customer service and got a replacement product sent out to me immediately at no cost. A person always answers the phone, many times before I even hear a ring on my side.

Susan Hughes

Kristi

September 14th, 2017 La Vergne, TN

I have been a builder with Melaleuca since May of 2016. I LOVE the products but I love the company more! They take care of their people and want no recognition for it. They do it out of love and compassion. Not many companies do that anymore! The compensation plans are phenomenal. You can truly retire with this plan!

Merilyn Yerks

September 14th, 2017

The customer service department is in the US and they are given the power to help correct all customer issues without handing over to a manager.

Susan S.

September 14th, 2017 Downingtown, PA

Safe non-toxic household, personal care and nutritional products that compete against grocery store brands in quality and affordability. I am so glad to find this company 6 years ago. They backup their claims with real published documentation. No BS with this company.

Ashley Reynolds

September 14th, 2017

If I only bought the vitamins from Melaleuca, I would be a happy shopper for life! The Peak Performance Pack has built my immune system up from chronic sinus infections to over 6 years without missing a day of work due to illness! I love everything I have tried from Melaleuca!

Diane

September 14th, 2017

The products are highly concentrated, work beautifully, safer and cost less.

Lisa

September 14th, 2017 Spring Hill, KS

I've been a preferred customer of Melaleuca for 16 years. Whenever I've had to call the company for any reason...and it's happened maybe three times, total...the customer service has been fantastic. They've either replaced or issued a credit with virtually no work on my part, other than to alert them that there was an issue. The products have always been amazing, done more than what they've been touted as doing, and now we won't shop anywhere else for these kinds of products.

Rhonda Parker

September 14th, 2017

I've been using the Melaleuca products for years. The quality is amazing and the products do exactly what Melaleuca says they do. So many eco-friendly products to choose from also. I always buy more than their minimum requirement every month. Basically the products I buy at Melaleuca replace those I would buy at the grocery store. Big difference in quality tho. Delivery to my door is prompt and customer service is always friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

Josh Behar

September 14th, 2017

Melaleuca has been a solid foundation for all of our product needs. Very helpful and attentive when calling customer service, simply amazing!

Jane Alois

September 14th, 2017

I have been a Melaleuca customer for 14 years. I was skeptical about the company and their products but decided to try them and have never looked back. The prices are fair in my opinion. The products are outstanding, all are not perfect, but certainly better and safer than the grocery and pharmacy brands, and their customer service is top notch. I have had so many health benefits from my membership with Melaleuca it is difficult to remember them all: No asthma attacks in over 13 years, smooth feet that used to be very dry and cracked, more energy, joint pain and stiffness from arthritis mostly gone, lower blood pressure, hot flashes from menopause went from 1 an hour to 1 a day, and clearer complexion even clearing up Rosacea. I will be a customer for life.

Jane Patterson

September 14th, 2017

Melaleuca saves us time and money. Their hundreds of products are excellent and satisfaction is guaranteed. I only wish I learned of them even before I did.

Tammy O Guillory

September 14th, 2017 Gonzales, LA

Here's the thing. I can give my business to anyone I choose but I choose to do business here. All around great company build on solid principles and values. The customer service is top notch. The products are backed by science. The prices are equal to if not less than grocery brands. LOVE my store!

Shirley Lewis

September 11th, 2017

I am so glad I started in November of 2016. It has helped my family in so many ways by using the items they offer. I buy what I want and love how affordable it is, even on a tight budget

J. Devis

August 29th, 2017

I feel they have a good products, environmentally friendly...however not all their products meet my standard of "safe, and clean" for my body. I find questionable ingredients. Also their 30-50% money back for customers didn't quite pan out for me. I didn't feel I was getting enough rewards the way I was told I would get. Watching videos was only enough to receive 12$ to redeem. I currently receive more from another company who carefully selects ingredients I'm very comfortable with putting on myself and my children, without compromising the environment. I also did not like the pressure to keep my account. If I'm calling to cancel, inform me once of the benefits I'm losing...I don't need to be asked 3x before, also you have to mail, or fax a written request which is inconvenient if you don't have a print machine or a fax machine. As for the business aspect I wouldn't know. I hear good things from people who work with them. I just couldn't put my integrity on the line for a product that is just good, not great.

Trixie

August 21st, 2017 Sandy, TX

Highest quality products, science-based and priced less than market value. Truly one of the best companies I have ever shopped from. Member for 19 years. I read some of the negative reviews here and those people lose all credibility with me. Many of the things said are untrue, clearly "operator error" as we say in our home. This company is the best of science and the best of nature - they do not claim all natural - and the savings is undeniable - Customer for life here. I have countless stories from family and friends. Lastly, they are not legally MLM - they are structured as a CDM - there are legal differences.

David Cheong

August 15th, 2017

Melaleuca does not advertise through any media, it solely uses word of mouth marketing, thus, this saves Melaleuca from paying for media advertisement, which can cost a big chunk, whereas, Melaleuca saves from media advertisement & pay for their marketing executives. Their products are superb, world class with reasonable money. If you do not know what is toxic & what is "No harsh chemical", please go & study a little bit more, 1 simple example, what is Citric Acid? It is a chemical!! Is it toxic? What is it made from? Go do some basic research before you come here & label Maleleuca uses harmful chemicals on their superior products. I love Melaleuca's products, I don't understand why is it on the number 2 spot, it should be number 1. Proud of this company, proud that I've switched my home to Melaleuca home.

Melissa Dafoe

August 8th, 2017

I love my Melaleuca products and this company is so helpful and easy to work with! I love the Organic coffee, tea tree shampoo, the skincare products., vitamins and supplements just to name a few! If you are looking for BETTER, Safer Products that deliver results give Melaleuca a try! They stand behind every product 100%!