Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Melaleuca

Melaleuca Logo

Melaleuca

Over 400 health, beauty, and cleaning products to choose from

Melaleuca is an international health and wellness company. Melaleuca sells over 400 products to customers from around the globe (Canada, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan, Australia, Puerto Rico, Malaysia, New Zealand, Ireland, Singapore, China, Germany, Mexico, Austria, Poland, the Netherlands, and the United Kingdom). However, Melaleuca boasts that the company is the largest online wellness club in North America with over 1 million shoppers every month, $2 billion in annual sales and a 96% monthly reorder rate.

Since 1985, Melaleuca has brought people’s attention to Melaleuca Alternifolia oil (more commonly known as tea tree oil). In its 33-year history, Melaleuca has sought to raise the standard of health and wellness products and provide men and women around the globe with quality supplements.

Lucky Vitamin Logo Lucky Vitamin ›

9.1

Overall
Score

CVS Logo CVS ›

6.1

Overall
Score

Walgreens Logo Walgreens ›

6.0

Overall
Score

Melaleuca Logo Melaleuca ›

5.3

Overall
Score

The Good

• Large Array of Melaleuca Products
  • Beauty Product Selection
  • Nature-Based Products
  • Loyalty Shopping Dollars

Large Array of Melaleuca Products

With over 400 products to try, customers will have a variety of supplements to select. Melaleuca has 7 categories that contain numerous healthy options. Customers can narrow their search by selecting one of the following categories:

• Nutrition
  • Medicine Cabinet
  • Beauty
  • Household
  • Bath & Body
  • Essential Oils
  • Extra Savings
  • Logo Gear

Men and women can find a variety of multivitamins for increasing bone and joint health, digestive health, prenatal care, and other health interests. There are plenty of product types such as antioxidants, calcium, fish oil & omegas, herbal extracts. Melaleuca even has healthy products for pets.

Beauty Product Selection

Melaleuca offers numerous beauty products. Customers can quickly select what kind of products they’re looking for. Melaleuca offer products for skin, hair, facial, and dental care. Melaleuca’s beauty products range from acne treatment to nail polish to whitening toothpaste.

Nature-Based Products

Melaleuca strives to make it possible for families to live clean by offering safer and more effective environmental and eco-friendly wellness products. Melaleuca products have biodegradable ingredients. The company stays away from products that contain bleach, ammonia, and phosphates; replacing them with clean products like thyme oil, citric acid, and enzymes. Because of its eco-conscious business culture, Melaleuca customers have helped save a total of 205 million pounds of plastic, 41 million gallons of fuel, and 46 million pounds of harmful gas emissions.

Loyalty Shopping Dollars

Customers who enroll as a preferred customer can earn Loyalty Shopping Dollars by watching short online videos that introduce other Melaleuca products. The videos range in prices from $5-$10 and customers can earn up to $100 in the first five months. However, products purchased with your Loyalty Shopping Dollars do not count toward your Product Point commitment.

Every month after the first 5 months customers can earn up to 15% on every order. Customers just need to place their order online before the 20th and watch the videos to activate the Loyalty Shopping Dollars.

The Bad

• Undisclosed Prices
  • Disclaimer

Undisclosed Prices

Those just browsing the Melaleuca site will have to create an account to see any prices. Clicking on an item will pull up various information on the product but does not disclose the price. This can be frustrating for shoppers who want to compare prices quickly.

Located in the terms of use, Melaleuca states that “Melaleuca further does not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the materials at this Site. Melaleuca may make changes to the materials at this Site, or to the products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials at this Site may be out of date, and Melaleuca makes no commitment to update the materials at this Site. Information published at this Site may refer to products, programs or services that are intended for use only in a specific country and may not be used or relied upon in any other country.”

The Bottom Line

For shoppers hoping to compare prices to other health and wellness companies, will find that to see any prices they will have to sign up on the website.

Melaleuca has plenty of benefits for its members. Offering a large selection of vitamins and minerals, supplements, essential oils, as well as other wellness products in various flavors, formulas, and sizes. The company boasts that it would take members more than 3 years to try all the Melaleuca products. Since the company is both the manufacturer and retailer of its products, it's not likely customers will come across these products in grocery stores, so shoppers will have to buy Melaleuca products online.  Melaleuca is consistently conducting studies to ensure its products are beneficial to its customers' health and overall wellness.

Jourdan Despot
November 13th, 2018 Houma, LA DETAILS

The mandate to spend a certain number of points each month is too high. It creates a feeling of a scam that you are forcing me to spend money and your points to dollar ratio is not 1:1 which makes it even more scam feeling. Even your cancellation form is made to keep people from cancelling in that you have to print and email. It could be automated but you choose to make it hard. Run from this company if you like to keep the money you earn!

Molly
August 21st, 2018 Muskegon, MI DETAILS

I have been a loyal customer for 14 years. I only buy food & paper products at the grocery store, less bags to transport home and no coupons to clip. Everything else for my home is delivered each month to my doorstep. Even when times were tough financially, I never quit my membership. My home is chemical free and with the latest study they did with a 3rd party confirming that store brands cause lung cancer, justifying why so many non-smokers developed lung cancer, confirmed I made the right decision years ago. I love their products, cheaper , last longer, and I know my family & pets are safe from chemicals for the past 14 years. Of all the companies I have been associated with (cc, MLM, online retail, etc) Melaleuca's customer service sets the bar. I have called about not liking the color of a nail polish or eye shadow and they offer a refund or replacement, no problem! The best thing is earning loyalty points towards products. The most recent is simply watching a short video on each of their products and you earn more points in addition to your monthly order points. I am the most products ever without spending more money! Highly recommend Melaleuca!

Nikki
August 20th, 2018 Bay City, MI

I got excited about the idea of healthy cleaning and hygiene products, but then get turned off by the high pressure to sign up and commit to spending 35 “points” (why not just call it the $60-70 plus shipping a month) instead of just ordering when I wanted something, and then adding the high cost of shipping. I have several friends that are always trying to get me to sign up now, it’s super a turn-off how pushy they are and how they seem to need to push so hard, makes me wonder if it’s company promoted. Now, some of the products (I’m looking at you lotion) are amazing, I will buy that from some friends who were cajoled into signing up and now regret it but haven’t yet left the company yet and are required to spend a lot a month whether they need anything or not. While I like some of the cleaning products as well, there are comparable products you can buy in the store (without shipping costs) that are actually clean and healthy for you, while if you look into some of the ingredients in some of this companies products (check EWG’s website) they aren’t “quite” as healthy for you as you may think at first.

Drew Irwin
August 6th, 2018 Flower Mound, TX DETAILS

No customer service. They read from a script. Canceling and order or your membership is very difficult by design so they can keep charging you and claim they didn’t get your cancellation. Read the hundreds of complaints about this on BBB website. If hundreds of people took the time to write in think of the thousands they have done this to who didn’t write in because they were exhausted after dealing with them. My CC on file had to be replaced due to fraud. Melaleuca charged to my account a “back up order” even though they couldn’t charge my card. I called to cancel that months order before it shipped. (I verified no UPS shipping slip was in the system with my UPS account) Melaleuca “customer service” said they couldn’t cancel the order, wouldn’t stop the shipment and I would have to pay the return shipping and then they would credit my account. I said they could just cancel my membership since they can’t offer good customer service resolutions. Then I was transferred around and put on hold and finally told I had go through a long cancellation process. First you wait for an email from them to get a link to their cancellation form. (Which is difficult to even find on their website) You must use a computer because their site and form are not mobile compatible. Then you login to your account print off the form. Hand sign the form. Take a picture. Load that in to an email and send it. Or you can fax it! (Really?) Or send in vial snail mail and hope they don’t “lose it”. Then you wait and wait and wait till they get around to acknowledging it. Hopefully before your next automatic shipment that they will continue to charge you for.

Sara Jane
July 18th, 2018 Crestwood, KY DETAILS

I have been a Melaleuca customer for decades. While I do not condone any MLM companies and the get rich quick schemes. You can not deny the products are good.

Carol Jurs
July 16th, 2018 Schenectady, NY DETAILS

I love Melaleuca. I have shopped with them for over 17 years and have yet to find products elsewhere that are compatible. I have tried many other companies, but I still keep coming back to Melaleuca. Yes you do need a monthly order, but I need all of the products. Their Mela Gel is the best for dry skin and all your skin issues. The laundry detergent is unbeatable and the cleaning products are the best. No toxins in my house.

Pamela Maines
July 12th, 2018 Saugerties, NY DETAILS

I have been re-introduced to Melaleuca! I have become a brand advocate to earn income. I have used the cleaning products for 20+ years. Grateful that they have not harmed my lungs. You must check out the study they did by googling 20 year lung study. It is worth it to convert your home to this company. Better quality and value. You are also helping the environment. Risk free to try so your excuse is just an excuse.

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They are a local company that takes care of its employees and really gives back to the community. I like their products.

Mary Bushaw
June 12th, 2018 Randolph, WI DETAILS

I have been a loyal customer of Melaleuca for 2 years. Absolutely love the cleaning products. In my 23 years of being a mother of 5 I have never found laundry detergent that works as good as this!!! I could have save so many hours of scrubbing grass and food stains out of kids clothes had I known about this company sooner! I am an ICU nurse and do use the vitamins and supplements. Prior to using the Peak Performance vitamins I was relying solely on food nutrition. I could not believe the change in my energy levels. I researched everything I could about these vitamins and the science behind them not only makes sense but they work!!! They are third party tested twice which I love that this company does 3rd party testing! For anyone complaining about the monthly shopping...I don't understand this. I only shop Melaleuca. I place my monthly order for things that I would have to buy somewhere like shampoo, deodorant, cleaning supplies, laundry soap, soap, dishwasher soap.... If I were not buying from Melaleuca I would have to buy every month from somewhere else but with Melaleuca it comes right to my door. I usually receive my order in 3-5 days. I have saved so much shopping this way. If there were ever a time I choose not to shop I could just suspend my account. It is a very simple letter to the company stating I want to suspend. Easy peasy! I have had to call in for refunds a few times. Never a problem! They just refunded my account of sent new product at their shipping expense! The customer service is out of this world! You get to speak to real people right away! None of that recording BS. This company has not only saved me in money but also in time! The products are priced at Walmart pricing or lower. The time of not driving to a store is priceless. And I no longer get suckered into buying things I do not need when shopping! Melaleuca is Awesome!

Jennifer
May 21st, 2018 Woodbridge, CT DETAILS

My husband and I joined in June 2015. We tried the products first and quickly realized how fantastic they actually are. Within two weeks we became committed business partners as well as loyal customers. We have had many customers stay with us and a few leave for various reasons and there has never been a problem with a customer suspending their account. The customer service support is the best that I have ever experienced along with the company's priority to help others, they are always the first in line to provide assistance or products to weather worn areas! The products, I can't say enough about how fabulous the products are! My favorite item is the Total Peak Performance supplements! I have an autoimmune disease that pretty much stopped my active life style, today I am almost back to normal! There are a few products I'm not crazy about or when products have arrived damaged I simply pick up the phone and within 2 rings someone answers and the products are replaced or refunded. This company really changes lives and it has changed ours!

Karen Moylen
April 30th, 2018 Absecon, NJ DETAILS

I really like most Melaleuca products. Especially the cleaning products. But being held hostage to a monthly minimum is horrible. And being snubbed by my "rep" when I wanted to cancel left a very bad taste in my mouth. Didn't like the cosmetics at all. Very little product, the containers always broke, or the writing wore off. Not the quality you would expect from their marketing. I also don't see the wildly promoted "cost savings" when I'm paying between $15-20 per month to ship my items. I can make a $25 purchase on Amazon.com and my order ships free. THAT is savings. The products are NOT worth being part of this cult.

Chase Huntzinger
April 16th, 2018 Provo, UT

I was told it isn't an MLM... sure seems like it to me. Also, you have to commit to buying a certain amount of things each month. In my opinion, a company should keep you coming back because of their products, not because you have to.

Gayle Moyer
March 22nd, 2018 Camarillo, CA DETAILS

I love all the products I have tried from Melaleuca. I have converted my home over and shop with them first. It is basically like switching stores and I get better, safer, fresher products that really work. I am definitely saving a lot of money shopping thru them. When you call the company with a question, you always get a real person and they are nice and try really hard to answer your questions. Deliver time is good, usually within 4 days and the shipping costs are low. They have a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. I am really glad that I was introduced to this great company.

Sergio Ochoa
March 12th, 2018 Newberg, OR DETAILS

I don't like the fact that you are forced to place a autoship order. And even if you cancel you stop being a distributor. Also some customers complained they had called to cancel the autoship and have still revived and get charged for it. However they did refund the money on the product but the custumer had to pay for shipping.

Jacob Pearman
March 9th, 2018 Radcliff, KY DETAILS

Love every product that I have used with this great company. Products are superior to most store brand products. The RENEW lotions has done more for my skin than anything I have ever used. Everyone is a customer but if you want to make money it is a great opportunity no selling products just sharing and enrolling members into the great company.

Diana
March 1st, 2018 Granville, OH DETAILS

I love the products! They are cost effective and work better than other things I’ve used. Been shopping with them for three years...I’ll never go back!

Santa
February 22nd, 2018

My name is Santa, I becomed a registered customer on November 2017 - since that I'm very satisfied with the quality of Melaleuca's products - for household: loundry, dishes etc. I'm so excited for the first time in my life (I'm 40) for such a bright result! And I absolutely love their drinks and other health products! Yes, I was a bit confused in the beginning for that obligate amount of purchase every month, but now it's ok - as lot of my friends are willing to try some of Melaluca's products, before they decide to become a registered members of this ecological movement around the globe! I'm so happy to be a part of this system, as it is providing a great chance to care for the enviroment and also - possibility to co-work with this company, sharing this oportunity with as many as possible! So, I recommend this service to everyone!

Gwen H.
February 8th, 2018 Evansville, IN DETAILS

I used to get their cleaning and laundry products. There is a minimum monthly order required to keep your account open as a customer and that was stressful because I did not need to buy new window cleaner etc every month. I would have given them a higher rating if that had not been the case but I had to quit buying Melaleuca because of this minimum monthly purchase requirement.

Brenda Toutant
December 29th, 2017 DETAILS

I was a customer for many years and absolutely love the products. I started looking at the marketing aspect of Melaleuca in September 2016 and love the comp plan. I love being able to invite others to join Melaleuca as a customer and if they choose business partner. This company and their products have changed my life.

Mark Frogley
December 19th, 2017 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I love all of the products that I have ever purchased from Melaleuca but hate the fact that I have to purchase I certain amount to keep my account open. They claim to not be a multi-level marketing company but....they are a multi-level company.

Dale Ash
December 19th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

My daughter introduced us to Melaleuca dish washing liquid detergent. Our dishes get sparkling clean with no hard water residue. It's amazing!

Jacinda E
December 19th, 2017 Sandy, UT DETAILS

I have been with Melaleuca for a total of 2 years. Melaleuca is a company that created clean quality products for a great price. I love so many of their products because they work and there are no harmful chemicals in them. I also found that if I did not like a certain product it was really easy to return. When I needed help, working with their customer service was enjoyable! I have not had better customer service with any other company. Starting your own business as a consumer direct marketer is easy. Requirements are: 1. To be a preferred customer. A preferred customer gets discounted prices on products and purchases their favorites each month. 2. Share Melaleuca with friends and family then help set up an online shopping account with those that want to buy products. Super easy and unlike any other Multi-level Marketing because it has a different business outline which makes it one of a kind. Cancelling preferred customer membership is also very easy and there is no hidden cancellation fee's. Love this company and I would suggest it to everyone.

Janet Dunn
December 18th, 2017 DETAILS

I have been a member for nearly a year now and can say I love the large range of products. All super quality and so happy with the performance of all categories especially the nutritional products. I cannot speak highly enough of them and great customer service too. Very happy

Josh
December 14th, 2017 Milbridge, ME DETAILS

Absolutely absurd cancellation policy. The only reason for a ploicy like they have is rip off as many people as possible.

Catherine
November 22nd, 2017 DETAILS

Amazing company, love the products the beat I've ever seen. Amazing rewarding compensation plan.

Naomi
November 22nd, 2017 DETAILS

I have just found melaleuca 3 weeks ago and can honestly say it’s the best company I’ve found in the last 5 years. The products are amazing and great value for money and customer service is spot on! I know I will be with this company for many years to come

Tray
November 14th, 2017 Woodbridge, VA DETAILS

First of all let me start out by saying that melaleuca's customer service is unmatched ,they have great people there well informed and always willing to help. Melaleuca products are the greatest everything that I've used their has worked as it described and a lot better my favorite product is GC control. Being a diabetic for the last 2 years my medicine just wasn't working I started taking GC control and now I'm no longer on medicine it has lowered my numbers to normal numbers. I'm just telling my story that Melaleuca has helped me in many ways so if you're on the fence about joining melaleuca's Shopping Club hopefully I helped you to make your decision. Also they have very fast shipping.

Kristy
November 13th, 2017 DETAILS

Love the peak performance vitamins!! I have plantar fasciitis and fibromyalgia and after taking the vitamins I noticed that I have more energy and motivation to do things I normally dreaded doing. The severe pain I had is practically gone and the inflammation I had in my feet is significantly reduced. I am very happy and GRATEFUL for this wellness company!!!!

Alana J
November 6th, 2017

Excellent Products! Priced well considering you are getting healthier safer products for your family. Customer Service is awesome when I have contacted them. And when I was able to try the products risk free for 90 days....I was sold! Great company!

Anne McKechnie
November 3rd, 2017 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I have been shopping at Melaleuca for 14 years. My son had allergies, and we had some great results switching over to their product line for him. I love the high quality but also reasonable prices. When I first set up my shopping account it was explained to me that they manufacture for their customers in a JIT model, so switching over some of the items I was already purchasing made sense. I was already buying them at the store and they were reasonably priced and much higher quality. I would also regard myself as more of a minimalist shopper, and haven't had any issues purchasing each month. I love the customer service, they answer the phones promptly and also have a 90 days money back guarantee......I also like their coupons and bogos. After 13 years, I can't see myself shopping anywhere else!

Ann Tschirhart
October 24th, 2017 St. Petersburg, FL

I have been a consumer of Melaleuca cleaning and laundry products primarily for 16 years. Recently I decided to join and build a business. The training from our team is outstanding, in fact, I have paid hundreds of dollars for the same training from other MLM's. Although Melaleuca is not an MLM, it has the best compensation plan I have ever experienced.

Victor R
October 5th, 2017

Good product and great customer service! Love this company! I'd recommend them to anyone.Very helpful and attentive when calling customer service, simply amazing!

Natasha Walladge
September 21st, 2017

Melaleuca has changed mine and my families life for the better in more ways than 1. I absolutely love it and everything about it. I'd recommend them to anyone

Michele Pirtle
September 20th, 2017 Seattle, WA

I have been a customer since 2003. I love this company! They have amazing customer service. They treat you like family. My family & I loves their products!! They are NOT an MLM & they are not a breakaway business. Their business is based on referrals.

Samantha
September 18th, 2017

Well priced superior products. Better than what we get offered at Norma supermarkets. 100% love all

Lisa
September 18th, 2017

I love every single product from Melaleuca. I love the value for money everything lasts a long time and most important everything is safe for my family

Maria Acosta
September 18th, 2017

Have been with Melaleuca 3 years, love the products, love the integrity of the Company, Building my Plan B , without having to invest my Business is growing solid . Love our mission statement of helping others to reach their goals.

Rebecca
September 18th, 2017 Salina, KS

I love using Melaleuca products. I have been using them for six months and am feeling better. I have been able to lose some weight and keep it off. There are so many advantages to using these products for me.

Karen Stabile
September 14th, 2017

I have shopped with Melaleuca for nearly 16 years. I can't imagine a better store, with at-home delivery, online shopping and great variety. The science and quality of the products are exceptional. Peak Performance Brain pack (supplements) is my favorite!!! The company management also cares about people, whether it's giving free products to affected areas after hurricanes or celebrating families when they become debt-free.

Starlene Cole
September 14th, 2017

After years of prescription meds for fibromyalgia, Gerd, and IBS I began taking Peak Performance Total because I knew of their satisfaction guarantee or money back. Within three months I was off all my meds and feeling like my old self again. I took a three mile hike up to a beautiful waterfall in the Tennessee Hills followed by a forty five minute trail ride the next morning. For fifteen years prior I could not have even given any thought to either event. As an added bonus my cholesterol level was changed significantly for the better. And best of all...I can play with my grandchildren! Thank you Melaleuca!