iHerb

5.5

iHerb carries one of the largest selections of natural supplements, home, and personal care products, and even pet care products in the world. It has two distribution centers, in Kentucky and California, each offering real-time stock information. iHerb has been certified by NSF International as a Good Manufacturing Practices facility.

The Good

• Large Variety of Products
  • Ratings on Products
  • Promotions and Shipping Rates

Large Variety of Products

iHerb.com has over 35,000 products from more than 1,000 brands. Products include the following categories: Supplements, Vitamins, Herbs, Beauty Products, Skin Care, Grocery, Kids & Babies, Sports, and Pets. Each of these categories has several subcategories to help you narrow down your product search. Each subcategory features several products to match your specific search criteria. For added convenience, the website can be browsed in six languages: English, Japanese, Russian, Chinese, Korean, and Spanish. The iHerb app gives customers easy access to their shopping needs. Customers can even find vitamins and supplements that provide digestive care, along with other sleep aids and gummy vitamin products.

Ratings on Products

The individual product pages feature star ratings so you can see how previous customers liked the product. There is also a section at the bottom of the page with additional product information, including description, suggested uses, warnings, supplement facts and ingredients. The iHerb website also includes product specifications such as shipping weight, product code, UPC code, package quantity, dimensions, and expiration dates.

Promotions and Shipping Rates

iHerb's online store features a promotional discount, as well as a link that will take you to a full list of all the current promotions and sales. iHerb offers rewards through a referral program, known as iHerb Rewards. When you sign up, you'll receive a discount on your first order and a referral code to share with friends and family. When they shop at iHerb and use the code they'll receive discounts as well. The company also offers a variety of delivery service options for your iHerb order. International shipping rates are available on the iHerb website.

• Expedited 1-5 Day - Free shipping for orders over $20.00 regardless of weight, anywhere in the contiguous United States.
  • Expedited 2-Day - Free shipping for orders over $60.00 anywhere in the contiguous United States.
  • UPS Next-Day, Economy - Special: Flat $8.00 fee for the first 8 pounds, anywhere in the contiguous United States.
  • UPS Next-Day, Expedited - Flat $12.00 fee for the first 12 pounds, anywhere in the contiguous United States.
  • Priority or First Class Airmail - 20 lbs, maximum. This shipping method is limited to orders that have a value of $80.00 or less and weigh less than 20 pounds.

The Bad

Reports of Mishandled Items and Issues

Although iHerb is known to be cheaper than most options it is known to cut costs in important areas. There is a common complaint with how customer service handles consumer issues. Customers often experience misplaced packages or receive the wrong item. The return policy can also be tricky to navigate. The Better Business Bureau® gives this company an F and has received tons of complaints against the company.

The Bottom Line

iHerb offers a user-friendly website as well as an app for on the go access. It offers ample information on each product for an informed decision. iHerb reviews fall short of excellence based on customer experience. Many consumers have found that working with iHerb's customer service representatives, along with the iHerb guidelines, can be frustrating and overwhelming. While iHerb is known for its vast selection of natural supplements, herbs, and other products for your home, customer service is key to a successful brand.

View Best Vitamin Companies

2.0

Joshua K

This used to be a reliable company, but they’re shifty thieves now, so I made an account specifically to warn people here. I am dealing with the same things so many other people here have noted: I put in an order, was charged for it, and have since been unable to log in again, check tracking, or get either of those two issues resolved. Why? Because they have no customer service. They officially have no phone customer service, and do not respond to emails. If you send them messages on social media, they’ll respond after taking a full day, with generic responses, giving you the runaround, so they effectively have no customer service whatsoever. The recent negative reviews I see for them are exactly the same thing, being experienced by various other people; deactivated accounts for no reason, runarounds, no customer service, no products arriving, and no resolutions. I’m just glad I didn’t spend thousands of dollars with these crooks and liars. I have no idea why they choose to act like this. Had they just been honest and run their business normally, I’d have continued ordering from them and giving them my business. They did things dishonestly and are scammers, so I’ll never spend another penny with them again. Why do this? Dishonest, thieving, and shady. Stay away from this company. Order #913583415

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, It appears that the order number provided in your review was cancelled due to security concerns. While we cannot disclose how we detect or screen for security issues for obvious reasons, but your account has been reactivated as of several days ago. We understand this inconvenience and sincerely apologize for it. Regarding any funds for the cancelled order, no money was received on our end and the pending transaction should have been refunded within 7-10 business days. Should you have any further questions or concerns regarding anything with this order, please do not hesitate to contact us by going to our "Contact Us' page and selecting "Write a message". Once this support ticket has been submitted, anything requiring a further review or investigation may take 3-5 business days on our end before a response is received. We hope we have helped and wish you nothing but the best of health.

Jun. 10th, 2021

Jalal ARIF ,

I am not the type that writes reviews a lot, but after seeing so many negative reviews I felt I have to say something about my personal experience with iherb, I have been a customer of iherb for more than 5 years and and have never faced any problems, there prices are exceptional and the shipping rates are amazing and very fast compared to other websites.

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, We truly appreciate the time you have taken to let everyone know about your experiences with us. Often times, only unhappy customers take the time to leave reviews. Most of the time they only tell part of the story as well. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed shopping with us and have remained a loyal customer. We pride ourselves on being customer focused and data driven. If it matters to the customer than it matters to us. We wish you the best of health and hope to hear from you again in the near future.

Jun. 10th, 2021

AmyR Canton, OH

I first shopped at iHerb because their prices were so good. I was a little baffled at first because instead of email, they use a phone number, and have LOTS of verifications through the process. Another thing that seemed strange was the lack of emails. However, I was able to log in using my phone number and password and see what was happening. The items were shipped the next day and I got them the day after that, so a total of 2 business days from order to delivery, which I thought was pretty amazing! I've ordered several times and have had good experiences every time. If you don't mind something a little different than the ordinary shopping experience, this is a great place to shop for supplements!

Saul New Market, MD

I don’t usually write reviews but this time I decided to make an exception. At the beginning I meant to cancel my order because I read all the negative reviews, but after reading the positive (and realizing that the bad were older) I decided to give them a chance. And… man! I am glad I did! Ordered 5 Teeccino bags of “coffee”. Got exactly what I ordered, no mistakes, well packed and on top of it ordered those on the 10th and received them 1 day later! Additionally, I had a question, just clicked on the “Chat” button and the reaction was quick, knowledgable, polite and professional! I know it sounds like I work there, but I don’t. :-))))) I just like seeing justice done. What’s fair is fair.

Jonathan

Wow. I am absolutely astounded to see so many negative reviews. I've order large amounts of items from iHerb over the past 6 years or so. I've never had an issue. Actually, I think once an item was missing or wrong in an order. They promptly shipped the correct item. I have my orders shipped to New Zealand. The shipping is typically free, or pretty close to it. I am often exclaiming to my friends just how fast they arrive (often just as quick, and certainly a lot cheaper, than having items shipped from with NZ itself). I've recommended iHerb to lots of friends and family. I must have ordered in excess of $5,000 of goods from them (possibly more). I get all my superfoods, supplements, toiletries, teas, sun screen, essential oils, culinary herbs, etc., from iHerb. To me, with prices being what they are in NZ (insanely high) iHerb is a commercial Godsend. Again, I have no idea why so many bad reviews. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about them, after what must be 100+ orders.

Nicole Los Angeles, CA

iHerb is definitely the best store, out of many that I buy from. Their prices and shipping rates are the most affordable among natural food stores. Orders usually ship within a few hours and so far my packages have arrived in perfect condition. By the way, you can also get 10% off your first order with promo code alo065 and additionally free US shipping over $20 and sometimes even free international shipping. You will also receive an extra 10% credit toward your next orders (a total of 20% off). I you order from another country, make sure you stay below the tax-free limit - you can do this by splitting your order in two or several smaller puchases. Don't forget to use the coupon code alo065 with every purchase. Happy shopping! PS. The majority of the bad reviews are clearly fake. They are typically posted by former disgruntled employees and competitors.

Sharon C.

Please do not believe the negative reviews. This company delivers all over the world and there is bound to be delivery problems in foreign countries My order came within a week and we received it, but my husband had put it away and I didn't realize it had come. I asked Iherb for a refund and they refunded the full amount immediately. 2 weeks later I discovered I did have my order and apologized to Iherb and asked them how I could repay them. Here is there gracious response: Dear Sharon C.: "Thank you for letting us know that you already received your package. We are glad that we could help. Regarding the Refund you received, there is nothing you need to do or worry about with it. And for the products you received, you do not have to return it to us. Please keep it and try it as a free product. " Iherb. I would like to thank Iherb for being quick to respond and refund my money. I would also like to apologize to Iherb for my mistake and thank them for their generosity. Thank you Iherb, Sharon C.

Inga

I've been ordering from iHerb for 4 years and NEVER had any problems. It is because I always do my research regarding international shipping. People do not realise that such huge taxes is not the vendor's fault. If you go to gov.uk page and search for 'Tax and customs for goods sent from abroad', you can see for yourself. After learning this information, you should know that you pay taxes after ordering for more than 15£ because of the rules and regulations of British government. Also, additional handling charges depend on the delivery company you choose. Other than that, iHerb is an amazing site with exceptional prices and it even has a great rewards system. My iHerb promo code NBV977, http://bit.ly/2AIUXvY

Jasper Ravensberg

A super customer friendly webshop for top brand vitamins and supplements. I'm already a customer since the year 2000 and have saved a small fortune on all kind of top quality health products. I live in the Netherlands (Europe) where the better brands are way to expensive. (Solgar, Thorne, Pure Synergy, Vitamineral Green, etc.) Ordering them online through iherb helps me save hundreds of euro's per year. Shipping takes only 2-3 days worldwide with their DHL option and will cost about 8-12 dollar on average depending the weight of your order. What really exites me is that they offer a 10% discount on your order with coupon code: RAV941 and when you become a customer and refer a new customer they can also get 10% discount while you will earn 10% affiliate commission or discount on your next order. With this I have every month free supplements worth of about $160 The great thing is that it is totally free to join their affiliate program, it is not an mlm program. Just share your personal link code url with your friends. This link will give you 10% discount: https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=RAV941 I hope this review will help. (Please note: The other reviewer is wrong with his negative comments. When you build credits after you have referred a new customer it always takes 30 days before the money is added to your affiliate account to use for an order. This has to do with their 30- day customer satisfaction guarantee. If you have build up $300 or more it is possible to let it paid out. )

Jeff. M

iHerb has been my No.1 supplier for the past eight years on vitamins. The product range is quite good and the service is well above average. The delivery is quite exceptional with my election of DHL as the courier. I live in NSW Australia, and I usually order on a Thursday night and mostly receive my order by Tuesday, or by Thursday at the latest (That's 5-7days, flown in and landed on my doorstep). Our own local postal service takes between 5-11days just from the nearest state capital. Very happy "Aussie camper" thanks. JM.

Nicole Los Angeles, CA

Very easy purchases, great product lines, reasonable & competitive pricing. Always a pleasure to order from their store. And by the way, you can easily save 5% off your order if you copy/paste promo code alo065 during checkout. You will also get 5% credit, free US shipping over $20 and 95% off or free international shipping, depending on the items you order. Additionally, there are plenty of daily, weekly and monthly promotions on their specials page so check them out as well. Overall I highly recommend iHerb to everyone!

Noah New Castle, DE

I really appreciate the ease of shopping at the iHerb website. I am grateful for all of the information available for each vitamin or supplement giving detailed ingredients and usage as well as reviews. The extensive catalog provides lots of options and comparison shopping is easy. Every order has been filled perfectly, packaged well and shipped promptly.

Victoria America Chandler Glen Allen, VA

This is my first time that I order from iHerb, ordered two boxes of organic green tea. The order came on time as promise, the product was what I ordered in perfect condition and by far the price was less expensive including the shipping from other competitors. Definitely will order more products from iHerb.

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, We love reading reviews like yours! How did you enjoy the products? We do our best to make your shopping experience amazing and our glad our efforts are paying off. We hope to hear from you again in the near future and wish you nothing but the finest of health.

Khalid

Honestly one of the best site for ordering online. Thank you IHerb and please keep your good work always up. (Please don't change - just keep it up) I just received my order without any additional charges. all was fine. All the best.

Sir

I personally had an experience so good with iHerb, I at first thought it was going bad. Ordered my products on line at 8 P.m.in the evening on a Sunday, by Tuesday I had not received my shipping notification (within 24 hours it says) I sent a complaint to the "contact us" e-mail: Tuesday night. and received an e-mail back from the General manager Wednesday morning, who apologized for not sending my shipping notification on time, they had been swamped with orders. but their tracking records showed my order had been shipped, and delivered to my mailing address, on Tuesday.

Monica Fabris

Hello, I order from Canada and loved this site until recently. They always had great prices and shipping to Canada was about 4$ if i kept it under 4lbs with no custom fees. It does take long but I didn't care. recently, my order came really fast?? and i was charged 15 COD? WHY? what changed? also, it was delivered to an alternate address as I wasnt home ( i requested this) but they failed to add the persons last name. This caused confusion as it was to a university! 2 customer service agents said it was custom charges but couldnt tell me why since I never had to pay before. They refunded 50% of the COD. I wont order again as dont want to be charged, and since they couldnt explain why, i dont want to chance it. Too bad as their prices are quite good even with the slow delivery. Also, never received a reward profile nor notice of delivery email. Box had no invoice and no usual thank you note and small token of appreciation either. Something must have changed recently. I will look elsewhere

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

I only started using this company in the past year. I didn’t even know anything about it until I was looking for certain product and the one I had normally use didn’t have it but they did. I’ve been loyal customer ever since. I love that there is a little cash bag to use on another purchase the next time. I actually suggested this company to my mom when she was looking for vitamins. I also like that they have a little sample section with things at a little discount to try

AP ,

iHerb has been reported by Google as a company that has been closed down. In addition, iHerb does not have live customer service representatives to address customer service issues and problems. iHerb will accept returns and will send those same returned items to other customers. This is very unsafe due to the nature of the COVID-19 Pandemic that the world is currently experiencing. iHerb is a very dishonest company and are selling items and products under false pretenses. They have gotten so desperate that they are using Walmart as a disguise to sell their products on and make you wait 48 hours to receive any form of a response. This is terrible for consumers and very damaging to Walmart's company image.

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, We never have closed down and, to the contrary, have continued to expand our global customer base by providing only the highest quality healthy lifestyle products at the best prices around. We offer live chat support during the posted available hours, our chat robot which is available 24 hours a day, and around the clock email support to our amazing customers. We have remained vigilant during the pandemic, considering the safety of our amazing customers our utmost priority. We do have retail partners such as Walmart to meet the ever growing market demand for our services, along with many other popular vendors who love the products and prices we offer! Walmart is more than happy to assist you with any issue you had with a product purchased from them. If purchased directly from us, don't hesitate to contact our amazing Customer Support team. We wish you nothing but the best of health.

Anna

Promo code discount AFE8048 Very satisfied UK customer.Great product selection and competitive prices. I even got free delivery as only a small order. Check out the Clearance section too.Would happily order from them again.

Jivabill Ferndale, CA

Been a customer of iHerb since 2006. Mostly, not always, have had good service and good prices. I see that is changing now. Things are going down hill. Usually I get excellent service, fast delivery like 2 or 3 days. So that is the good side, when it works. the Bad is what is happening now. They have put up a new log insecurity system. After you log in with User and Password you get a block of photos you have to choose from. Fire hydrants, buses, crosswalks, something like that. Being a long time computer professional I know what that block of images is supposed to do, eliminate Bots logging in automatically. What I am finding now however is I complete one block of images then I am given another photos of something different. And some of the photos are distant from the desired item you are looking for. Easy to make an error. Sometimes I make an error. Then I get like THREE more blocks of images that I have to pick thru. I have had it take 10 minutes or more to log in. Sometimes I have made no errors and still get 3, 4 or even 5 blocks of images. This is ridiculous. On the very first block of images the Bots are eliminated. That is all that is needed. I personally think the IT people at iHerb have gone over the edge and don't really know how to run a security checking operation. Because I can't log in without a long ordeal I now do most of my supplement shopping with another supplier, Vitacost. So far they have been quick on delivery and accurate. There is no "loyalty reward" and shipping is only free if I buy more than $50. However in my last order Vitacost prices on one of my favorite product were $3 less than iHerb. My time is worth money so I just pay for shipping, only $4.99. Gets here in 2 days by Ontrac. I am sorry to see this happening to iHerb, they used to be very good and supported good causes. Their CHAT and Customer Service in the past were both good. Not now. I get simple minded fixes for problems, boilerplate replies that don't help. If I complain about their over zealous log in security they scold me. I have been in the Computer business longer than most of them have been alive. I forgot more yesterday than iHerb staff will learn in the next 150 years. So they have lost my business after nearly 14 years.

Ann Monroe, CT

Been doing business with iHerb for a number of years. A good, trustworthy company. Huge selection of products. Products are well packaged. Fast delivery. Offer bonuses on purchases. Free delivery after $20.00 purchase .No return is not a concern as I have never found occasion to return items.

M.Brophy Hialeah, FL

I have been a customer with i-herb for many years. While I have never had an order not arrive, I have had items damaged in shipping. I have encountered some rudeness and nonchalance from some of the phone staff in the past. I would caution customers to check prices on other sites. I have found some items for quite a bit less elsewhere with free shipping. One thing that really annoys me and that I have written to i-herb several times about is the rewards program. I prefer to get a discount for quantity ordered. A points system would be a better deal for those who are not comfortable trying to be cheap sales people with friends and family. Right from the start of the rewards I took issue with it, but i herb doesn't listen to customers suggestions, unfortunately. I think they have become so big now that concern for individual customers have taken a back seat. My rating is poor, but if you'd asked me some years ago, I would have given a 9. I still order from the company for certain items but I do not order all of them when I can get them less expensively with another company. thank you.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

I love using iHerb. The website makes it convenient to buy hard to find brands. I like the variety within each type of vitamin. It is very well organized and I can search for any variation or dosage too. I think the shipping is low cost as well. Super convenient website for vitamin purchases.

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of your excellent shopping experience with us! We do our best to stock only the highest quality items available for customers around the world, all the while offering the lowest prices possible. We are glad our efforts are continuing to pay off and we can't wait to hear from you again in the future. We wish you nothing but the best of health and hope to see you again soon.

Merry ,

Wonderful!!!!!! The order was delivered so quick and easy.. no stupid questions or mistakes. all is great! thx

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of us! We appreciate you shopping with us and we wish you the best of health.

martin falconer ,

Ordering was very promising online, shipping to the UK. However they never delivered the products and refunded me the cost of products but not postage. Personally I think this is a scam company that doesn't ship the product and pockets the postage cost to make profits. I got no courier reference so they cannot prove otherwise. Avoid this bunch of fools like the plague.

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, While we apologize for any issue with your order arriving, we can assure you we are not a scam company and that millions of customers shop with us on a monthly because our services simply can't be beat. When ordering with us, we provide the order number and tracking number in an email, as well as, constantly in our app for you to track your package. Local post tracking may be difficult at times but major improvements have been made. We wish you the best of health and hope in the future you decide to shop with us so we can show you why our shopping experience simply can't be matched.

Kristina Mableton, GA

Awful! One if the worst experiences i’ve had in a while. Ordered prenatal Mother to Be vitamins. Received expired ones. Contacted them, they ordered re-ship. Never got it. Paid $93.45. Contacted them multiple times, continue hearing the order is in transit. Well, one month without vital vitamins during my pregnancy. Awful, awful, awful. Save your money, patience and time. Avoid at all cost!

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, We regret to hear of this matter and would love to look into it further with the intent of helping you. However, without an order number provided, we are unable to do so. May you please update your review with the order or tracking number so that we could assist you? We hope to hear from you soon and wish you the best of health.

Barb Sharon, PA

I ordered items on May 27, 2020. I chose expedited shipping and they were to be delivered no later than June 3, 2020. I received a very deceptive email the same day I made the order that my order was shipped. That was a lie, only a label was created. I contacted their joke of customer service through email on June 1 and wanted to cancel the order as it had never been shipped and the response I got back was that you can't cancel the order once it is marked shipped (even though it was never shipped). It was then shipped on June 2 and an estimated delivery date was for June 8, then June 9 and now I found out it won't be delivered until June 10-11 2 weeks after I ordered. They used UPS Sure Post which is NOT EXPEDITED shipping and takes very long to receive as it has to go from UPS to USPS. I called UPS and they said that they never received a notice to pick up the shipment until June 2 and this was the fault of iHerb not them. Why would they tell customers that the order would be expedited shipping and then use UPS sure post? This is a very deceptive company and I will never be ordering from them again!

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, We are sorry for any inconveniences you encountered while shopping with us. Once orders have shipped, they understandably, cannot be cancelled. We offer multiple carrier options with different delivery times displayed during checkout. We recommend choosing the option with the fastest method next time. We also offer in depth information about carriers on our "Shipping Information" page which goes in depth regarding delivery times, carrier contact information, restrictions, etc.. We recommend looking at that information prior to placing any order. We wish you nothing but the best of health.

Cary Denver, CO

Horrible wouldn't begin to describe the nightmare experience I've had with iHerb on my last order. My credit card company shows and has confirmed that iHerb charged me nearly $300 for an order they never shipped. I sent them multiple emails including a screen shot of the charge on my account and they still say I wasn't charged. I don't think they even checked. They blamed a "technical issue" for never shipping the order and cancelled the order rather than upgrade the shipping to get it to me sooner which still would have been a week late. This is continuing to take time almost every day to try and get this fraudulent charge they've been notified of and sent proof of removed from my credit card account. There is NO way to talk to anyone at iHerb, all communications are now online putting you at their mercy of dysfunction. Unbelievably bad business and one of the worst experiences with an online merchant ever. What makes this even worse is that this was a domestic order to Colorado and I'm a long term customer that consistently places expensive orders. I would give them negative stars if the review site allowed. Don't risk your time and money ordering from iHerb when there are so many other options available.

Lynda Malerstein Portland, OR

My first order went smoothly. When I tried to order again there was something wrong with their web site and I couldn't check out. They have no customer service phone number. I live chatted and sent email about the problem with the web site. They kept insisting it was my fault and had me clear cache, use another search engine, restart. For several days I couldn't place the order. I finally gave up and ordered from another web site and had no problem. I will never order from Iherb again.

Suffolk Summit, NJ

I have just had the displeasure of receiving a duty charge from the post office (UK) because my order, WITH mailing fees, amounted to £19. NOW I have been slapped with an ADDITIONAL £12 to retrieve the order. Somehow, SOMEone did not read that order correctly and tacted on the mailing fees as a TOTAL to be subject to duty. CLEARLY they only had to put the goods amount. I spoke to an iHerb customer service representative (California, USA) and she relayed that they are not responsible for the duty charges. No matter HOW many times I tried to explain that the actual order amount was less than the allowed amount, I was told that this was not their responsibility. I then explained that I would be sending the order back. She responded that shipping fees etc would not be refunded, which would total the amount of the order-- FULL STOP!! So now I am stuck with PAYING DUTY FEES (their own cock up) which is not worth the amount of the product initially and I CANNOT send the order back without losing the total cost (shipping and all) of the order! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL BE DONE.

Suzzz Middletown, NJ

My experience was the same as most of the other reviewers. Horrible customer service! I was shipped the wrong items! I placed an order of six items at about $70. I received two items of nothing that I had ordered. You can only chat online or go back and forth in emails. The emails went back and forth for 2 weeks. The information I was given was continuously conflicting. I was told to keep the two wrong items or donate them and that my original order would be shipped. It never happened! When I emailed them to see where my order was I was emailed back that it would not be shipped until I sent the two wrong items back at my expense! I informed them that I would take it up with my credit card company at this point and then they sent me return shipping labels. I still have not received my order! I am deleting their app and never again doing business with this Company. You buy cheap, you buy twice!

david Corte Madera, CA

actually ZERO stars! this company has a very bad business model that goes like this: sell stuff online but hide behind a firewall. don't let your customers speak to a real person. use 'chat' for customer to communicate with people in some foreign country who have pretty good english but who are a little sloppy, a lot dependent on the notebook of scripts, and who are - all in all - pretty useless at customer service. don't bother to communicate when a customer mistakenly puts in a p/o box as an address - just ship the item and have it returned by ups. my worst online purchase experience in years of ups & downs online. WORST. one of those days when i wish that i were a billionaire - just so i could buy the company and revamp it, firing everyone who made the underlying decisions to cut the 'service' right out of the heart of 'customer service'!

Gabriel Brum

Wrong item/problematic website/worst customer service Worst customer service ever, bunch of incompetent people who do not even read your messages properly nor take any effort to satisfy your basic rights. Never had problems with them until 2 days ago, after receiving an order placed 8 months after the previous one. That's probably why I did not have problems with this company sooner. And after doing a short search for reviews on them, I can see that there are plenty of people being screwed by them lately even worse than me. Hence why I had to voice my experience for you all to see how terrible they are and in hope that people will unite maybe even to take a civic legal action against them to hurt them in their pockets (because that's how you truly change companies and then hopefully the competition in the market takes over) for compensation of all of the customers' time wasted in meaningless attempts to rectify problems that are caused by them in the first place and the consequent great amount of distress they impose with their attitude. Finally, I leave here the exact transcript of my formal complaint letter that sent them and that I intend to follow through with further legal action if necessary. "To whom it may concern On 07/05/2019, I purchased 2 KAL B12 bottles from au.iHerb.com. When I received the package on Monday 13/05/2019, I opened the box to find that the product I purchased was missing and someone packed 2 boxes of tea instead. If the person had packed a different product of the KAL brand would be understandable, but this is of such an unbelievable, ridiculous incompetence that I don't know how it is even possible. Immediately I took a picture of the open box and the products and then I logged on the au.iHerb.com website to follow the process of requesting the reshipping of the product I ordered. But not only their packing department is incompetent, their web-developers are as well because I tried to submit the request 3 times unsuccessfully (of which I took a screenshot) before I was forced to contact them through their normal contact form to solve the issue, not to mention this is not the first time their problematic website gave me issues to use it. Then, after sending the complaint through their website contact form demanding the reshipment of the correct product, someone named Jonathan A. decided for himself to lodge a refund claim which I never requested and without the GST. He also completely ignored the fact I had already explained that I tried to request the reshipment through the process on their website under my account and told me to follow this process in the future. Furthermore, he said: "we are unable to reship the merchandise as we want to avoid any additional fees or problems with customs that could be incurred when reshipping items." Then, I immediately replied that they in fact are able to reship, not only because they already provide this option, but also because I had already paid the GST fees when I placed the order and whatever extra costs that the reshipment may incur is theirs to cope with because this problem is their fault in the first place. I told in bold letters that I would not order again and reminded them that it is their job to resend it. The next day I receive a reply from Yuka S., who also completely ignored that I had already said I would not order again, saying that I would have to pay for the whole order again to only then receive the refund for the GST, ignoring the fact that I would have to pay for shipping if I was to accept this imposition. I understand that under the Australian Consumer Law, when I buy products and services they come with automatic guarantees that they will work and do what I asked for. I have the invoice/receipt, the picture of the package and the products I received, the screenshot proving that your website is faulty, and all the emails I exchanged with the incompetent team of customer service. As I said in my last email replying to said Yuka S., this is the very least you can do to fix this problem YOU CAUSED: 1- Cancel the refund process IMMEDIATELY, which I NEVER requested. 2- Issue the RESHIPPING of the 2 KAL B12 bottles that never came in my original order. 3- Send along the label to send back the 2 boxes of tea that I never ordered. (If you carefully read the emails exchanged, you will notice how none of your people even touched on this subject since my first email) 4- Make sure it's not the same incompetent person packing the order to guarantee I will receive what I already paid for. If you still decide to follow through with this refund, not only you will have to refund the GST fee I paid and you did not include in the refund order, but also a considerable financial compensation for all my time you wasted in trying to solve this and the stress you caused. If I do not hear from you within 5 working days, I will lodge a formal complaint with Consumer Affairs Victoria and/or report my issue to the ACCC." After a lot of back and forth, they followed through with their imposed refund, even though I exhaustively said I did not want it and demanded the reshipment of the missing product. Ultimately, they are trying to compensate for their incompetence and lack of professionalism by flooding review websites with 5-star reviews, which is the lowest move any company can make. If you check other review websites, they are making this a common practice. Already reported on this to Trustpilot twice, but I think anyone with good discernment can clearly see these reviews are fake.

Silvia Hackensack, NJ

I'm very disappointed with iHerb! It was recommended to me but I will never order there again! I purchased raw probiotics for my baby, that I knew has to ship and be kept in cold all the time but to my surprise it arrived with no icepacks! I contacted iHerb customer service to complain and request my money back. The customer representative told me that the raw probiotics don't have to be shipped in icepacks!!!! Even after quoting the note on the box "SHIPPED COLD to ensure your probiotics Arrive Alive and Stay Alive" twice, he repeated to me that they don't have to be shipped cold. I was shocked!!! I requested a refund through their website and was DENIED!!!! Unbelievable!!! This is what the customer service emailed me: "We apologize for this issue, however, we are denying your request. The items on your order are not temperature controlled products. They advise storing in a cool dry place for storage, not for shipment. The products would not be affected by temperatures. There is no mention on our website that this item is shipped with an ice pack." NO WAY I will give these raw probiotics to my baby!!!!

Ken G. Schaumburg, IL

My new wife and I were looking for a place to renew a couple of her vitamins that were low. I discovered iHerb from a Google search. The prices were decent and shipping was free and was estimated to arrive in two days, so we decided to place an order and set up an account. We checked her credit card and saw the order was 'pending' five days later so we logged in to check the status of our order. It said our account was inactive and to contact customer service. We called iHerb's customer service and was told that they had no information about why our account was inactive but that they cancelled our order. I verified with them that the vitamins *were* in stock. I asked why the order was still showing in 'pending' on our credit card and the said it could take several days for it to come off. I said if you didn't want our business, why didn't you send a courtesy email to let us know so we could get my wife's vitamins elsewhere before she ran out (her arthritis flares up badly when she runs out of her supplements and then it takes a week or more to get back into her system)? No response. Be *very* wary of this company. When a company won't let you check the status of an online order and refuses to communicate via email, those are two really big 'red flags'. I'll chalk up this cancelled order as a 'precautionary tale'...

Vanessa

*****BUYER BEWARE****** If there was an option to not even have a star I would pick that first and foremost. Where do I start with my experience with iherb? Well let's start from the beginning when I purchased multiple products being sent to Canada. Select Canada as country. Select English as language. Select Canadian funds as currency. Select all the products that I'm looking to buy and listed under Canadian funds. My total is given to me in Canadian funds. Next thing I know is my Visa statement is showing US funds. An $82 difference. Iherb what is the point of me selecting the country I live in with the currency I need if you're going to charge me US funds either way? This is very dishonest and not accurate. I wish I would have read online reviews before purchasing with this company. As I can see from many other reviews this is an ongoing occurrence. I then reached out to them via email to see what they could do to help me fix this problem. I got the same response over and over again "sorry this happened, sorry for this inconvenience " no indication that they wanted to help me get my money back. No other Solutions. No other customer service ways of potentially offering me something off my next order or returning any type of money to me for the difference of the exchange and the mistake from their website. I have screenshots of my order showing that my order was in Canadian funds. I have a screenshot of my bank account showing the $82 difference coming up as US funds. To summarize my experience... I ordered products assuming that they were being sent to Canada with Canadian funds with a Canadian address but yet still charged US funds. Connecting with the company to see how they could help me... Ended with them basically telling me that they would pass this along to better improve the next experience? Not sure how that's helpful to me. I will now be taking my experience to every social media outlet to warn other people. Before you order products from this company read all of these reviews. Find another company to order from. I would never suggest to order anything from this website to anyone I know.

Anne Rio Rico, AZ

Have been a long-term customer with iherb for over 12 years. Always had great service until recently. Was placing a large order and had a simple question, so I attempted to phone their number. The phone number no longer works, and I have not received an email response from customer service in over two weeks. I also noticed with the last order that it took three times longer for my items to arrive. My orders always arrived within four days maximum but took almost two weeks the last time. About six months ago, they pulled one of my reviews due to something like it not being medically proven. Mind you, that review had been up for years, so I don't know why they would have had a problem with my review after all that time, especially since what I wrote could be backed up. Sadly, after many years of being happy with their service, I will be finding a new supplier. Their online chat function supposedly has 24/7 support, but I don't even show this option on my end any longer. There appears to be no way to contact iherb!

Denis

I ordered on IHerb for international shipping with DHL. Package has been refused by receiver due to exceeded DHL clearance fee. IHerb arranged with DHL office to destroy the package in stead of returning it back to IHerb without even asking me if I agree. So, I will not receive any refund. I've lost my money payed for the order without any notification or excuse. They even did't contact me to ask me if I agree. The customer service is zero. They don't answer me to my requests about details of this arrangement. And THEY BLOCKED MY ACCOUNT IN ORDER TO AVOID A NEGATIVE COMMENT! I definitively advise to avoid this company. There are a lot of competitors, so, no problem.

Sandra Gordon

This company has changed in the last few months from responsible in filling orders accurately and shipping as well.they have now become a nightmare(& I do not use that term loosely).did not fill my order completely sending less then 2 percent. When contacted customer service by email was told they have no phone customer service only email and chat.after literally 25 emails back and forth and 1 chat,was still told my order was complete and delivered(which it had not) even though I forwarded them the delivery server('lasership') email confirming they had only received electronic order 4 shipping but no rest of the product ordered 2 b shipped.iherb had separated order into 2 orders. I now have a claim with pay pal 2 recovery my money.please be aware of doing any business with this company!

Veronique

Horrible customer "service". I've bought from iherb before and it was fast easy and convenient. This time? Absolute a pain! Horrible customer service, being told one thing by one agent to be told the complete opposite by the other. I have yet to receive my purchase and it's been 1.5 months. When I asked for a refund I initially was told yes and that I would get an email shortly to confirm. I never got that email so I contacted them again to get an update. They kept giving me the generic responses but no actual information. Until one agent tells me they can't refund because the purchase is with the shipper because it was not able to deliver my purchase, even though they had all the necessary information but they won't shop it back to the company because of shipping fees. So now my purchase is on hold with the shipper until I confirmed my address. Told them I wanted a refund instead as I purchased my products with another company seeing that I was told initially that I would get a refund. Now it's a no go. So gave them my address again and I'm still waiting.

Eve Portland, OR

I had been waiting for about a month for products ordered from iHerb. I attempted to go into my account to find out what is happening only to find that I am locked out of my account. I had to use their poor service of 'live chat customer service' to find out what is going on. She was not able to tell me anything other than she has no idea why I have not received my products ordered over a month ago, nor was she able to tell me why I am locked out of my account. She referred me to send an email to some other department. . . . Seriously!!! Are you Not customer service. Anyways, Very Bad Experience. No live people to talk to ever. Took my money and did not deliver products. I now have to contact my bank and see about recovering those funds!

M

They have great products at great prices, and I was using them for months to buy my vitamins on a regular basis. Then, DHL used a third party delivery service and my package went missing. DHL closed the file because someone had faked my signature and the delivery driver said that she "delivered it, tell her to check her front door or mailbox". Well, we access the front door to check the mail box DAILY. To this day I have not received my package and my expected delivery date was 2 weeks ago. Iherb claims they still have to investigate this further, it is a maelstrom of irresponsibility!!! Their customer service has proved to be nothing but a run around.

Valerie Cox

I am still waiting to recieve my order that I placed almost 2 weeks ago! I will never order from this company again. There are so many better places online that actually ship out what you paid for, unlike iherb. Go to Amazon or Walmart or Swanson vitamin instead. When I emailed customer service about it they asked for my current shipping address, as if I did not already give them all of that information when I ordered. I sent back my address and they said thanks and thats all so far. Then they email me with a survey to review their shipping practices. It will not let me enter in that I have not recieved my package yet. I think I am getting scammed and will never order from this company again.

Former Cstmr Glendale, CA

My rewards are down to $0 after their initial contract that REWARDS WERE FOR LIFE!!! I used to earns $1000's every month, get all my shipments 100%free, freebies, plus pay rent, savings, disposable income. (top earners made $100,000+/mo, not me) It all started with bad mgmt changes and in 2009 it dwindled with no freebies and poor packaging, damaging all soft items sent with heavies. Now their rewards are a joke. plus PRICES HIKES, discontinued faves and no more buy 4 of same for 25% off. STOP SHOPPING IHERB, EVERYONE!!! Let's make their sales go down 50%, they'll be stuck with merchandise, will have to go back the way it was. They should of paid rewards to US RESIDENTS ONLY!! Instead, They been screwing us Americans by SENDING OUR US $$$$$ abroad (like obama, STUPID, STUPID!!!) & by flooding the reviews with massive foreigners, coupon spammers and Russian hackers. Let's hit them were it hurts! DO NOT SHOP IHERB!!! Now Whole Foods is cheaper. Guy above: WHERE DO YOU NOW SHOP.....??????!!!!

Anonymous Glendale, CA

My rewards are down to $0 after their initial contract that REWARDS WERE FOR LIFE!!! I used to earns $1000's every month, get all my shipments 100%free, freebies, plus pay rent, savings, disposable income. (top earners made $100,000+/mo, not me) It all started with bad mgmt changes and in 2009 it dwindled with no freebies and poor packaging, damaging all soft items sent with heavies. Now their rewards are a joke. plus PRICES HIKES, discontinued faves and no more buy 4 of same for 25% off. STOP SHOPPING IHERB, EVERYONE!!! Let's make their sales go down 50%, they'll be stuck with merchandise, will have to go back the way it was. They been screwing us Americans by SENDING OUR US $$$$$ abroad (like obama, STUPID, STUPID!!!) & by flooding the reviews with massive foreigners, coupon spammers and Russian hackers. Let's hit them were it hurts! DO NOT SHOP IHERB!!! Now Whole Foods is cheaper. Guy above: WHERE DO YOU NOW SHOP.....??????!!!!

Raylee Scanlan

I ordered 3 bottles of capsules, but next day received an (ÜRGENT issue with payment) email saying my credit card details were incorrect and please re-enter details. Well I was charged twice. Contacted them and was told the overcharge would be credited to my account. A few days later I received another delivery, which my husband signed for as I was out, or I would have refused it, so wrote again and was told I could send it back. Return postage was $23.75 from Australia. Order was $26.00. so not a proposition. I have placed 3 orders with them in the last 8 months, so no loyalty to regular customers. They offered me $10 off next order. As 600 capsules are 12 months supply, and I will not be dealing with them EVER again, decided to warn others. HAPPY CHRISTMAS grinches @ i Herb

John Stewart

I bought from Iherb for about 8 years. This is a good company AS LONG AS EVERYTHING WORKS OK. If you have a problem then you go to hell, AKA customer service. For some reason DHL would not ship my parcel and returned it to Iherb. After 4 weeks of not being told why (Iherb kept saying they would consult their DHL team) I ended up having to pay 30% of the order. Don't even try to deal with the Marketing managers office. They are off in La La land. Iherb has become too big to care.

Paul Mars St. Petersburg, FL

site not working, orders not processed, customer support is oxymoron would not accept either of my credit cards, which I know are good. So I used paypal, then iherb would not let me ship to a different address, then the order never did charge my paypal credit card even though I got email from iherb saying order confirmed and that they will tell me when it ships. First response from customer support was no help. ive sent three more emails and customer support no longer responds. I will not use them again.

Reply from iHerb

Dear Valued Customer, Cards are often declined for several reasons such as not enough balance, not approved for international or online purchases, or not passing our security protocols. Any issue with the cards should be checked with the financial institution associated with them as the error is not occurring from our side. We hope you received the customer support you needed regarding your order payment with PayPal and the shipment of the order. We wish you nothing but the best of health and apologize for any inconvenience you encountered while shopping with us.

Ashley Fowler

**BEWARE! I do not recommend iHerb. They cancelled my order because I did not give them an authorization that was sent to my bank. When I contacted the bank they told me that they couldn't provide me with it, that it is classified information for the merchant, iHerb. In short, iHerb is supposed to gain the code from the bank and they are sloppy and lazy. I talked to iHerb customer support and they told me that other customers are forced to use Apple Pay or Paypal. BEWARE!

Veronika

My order came 6months late and after I wrote emails and emails months earlier warning iHerb that I physically won't be able to receive my package this late, because I won't be in the country after 5 months they refused to refund me, and now 6 months later their "policy" no longer covers refunding me. So I just lost 50 euros, because italian customs take 5 months to release a package. Zero understanding from iHerb's customer service.