GNC Logo

5.9

GNC (General Nutrition Centers) was founded in 1935 and is a leader in the nutritional supplement industry. It focuses on truth in labeling, ingredient safety, and product potency while staying on the cutting edge of nutritional science. Being the largest company of its kind, GNC is headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. GNC's mission is to "Motivate & support the desire to LIVE WELL."

The Good

• Extensive Selection of Products
  • Easy Website to Navigate
  • Discount for Becoming a Member
  • Shipping and Return Policy

Extensive Selection of Products

As the world's largest nutritional supplement company, GNC has an extensive selection of products. GNC.com has a wide selection of vitamins and supplements. The general categories include Vitamins, Sports Nutrition, Protein, Diet, Fish Oil, Digestion, Herbs, Energy, Pet Supplements, Beauty Care and Exercise Equipment.

With GNC vitamins located in over 50 countries, the selection of vitamin and supplement products include:

• Multivitamin
  • Antioxidants
  • Specialty Supplements
  • Dietary Supplements
  • Vitapak Programs

Among the vitamins and minerals line, some of the GNC vitamins include vitamin b complex, antioxidants, zinc, iron, amino acids, calcium, and many other health and wellness products.

Easy Website to Navigate

The GNC website is easy to navigate: we were able to find specific information about each product with ease, including instructions for how the product should be used, recommended doses, ingredients and nutrients, warnings, health notes, the product label, and customer ratings and reviews. Many of the products within a certain category look very similar, so the rating system and user feedback is a straightforward, easy way to learn more about the product. A helpful feature of GNC's site is the Tools & Resources section. When you hover your mouse over the top navigation, the Tools & Resources section appears in the dropdown offering further product and health information to help you decide what supplements are best for you.

Discount for Becoming a Member

If you become a GNC member, you'll be given a 15% discount on all items. You will be asked to provide an email address, birthday, and other information in order to become a member and access the exclusive offers - but there is no fee to join. Several special promotions are listed under each of GNC's vitamin/supplement categories.

Shipping and Return Policy

GNC can ship items around the world, including the United States and Canada. Shipping costs are determined by your order and the shipping method you select. The total shipping charges will automatically compute during the process, so you'll know how much shipping will cost before you complete your purchase. If you're shipping within the United States, you'll have the option to upgrade the shipping method for faster delivery (Ground, Third Day, Second Day or Overnight Service).

If you do choose to upgrade, your order must be received and clear credit authorization by 12:00 p.m. (noon) EST or your order may not be processed until the following business day. GNC accepts returns of used and unused products within 30 days for a refund. However, GNC will deduct any gift wrap or shipping and handling charges. The products must be returned in good condition and in the original boxes whenever possible - and be sure to include all paperwork and accessories to ensure full credit.

The Bad

Pop-up Issues

A possible downside of using the GNC website is the pop-up prompts that appear while browsing. If you're inactive on the GNC site for a certain amount of time, a pop-up will prompt you to start a live chat with a GNC agent. These popups can be distracting and take away from the browsing experience. However, it also may be an upside if you have a question or need help — GNC will provide you with instant assistance.

The Bottom Line

GNC vitamins are backed by nutritional science and strive to exceed industry standards. Its product selection is extensive and the 30-Day Money Money-Back Guarantee eliminates the risk of being stuck with a product you aren't happy with. With over 80 years in the health and wellness industry, GNC offers competitive pricing and products among vitamin retailers.

View Best Vitamin Companies

3.9

Darrin Pelham Rincon, GA

I really like our local GMC's, they have a super friendly and knowledgeable staff. I have gone in with all kinds of questions and always walked out with what I needed and no real pressure to buy things I didn't need. I use some of the GNC brand products due to the value and they have the things in them that all the name brands have. I recommend GNC to anyone looking for natural products, workout products or if you just have questions on supplements or vitamins.

Steve Pitman Largo, FL

Ive been shopping and buying vitamins and supplements from gnc for over 20 years,ive never had any issues with their products or customer service,prices are reasonable and a wide range of selection

Wendy Smullin Logan, UT

GNC has the best selection of vitamins, herbal options, and fitness nutrition. Their staff is always very helpful in finding what I need and providing education about the product. I have been in there several times needing a very specific, hard to find, item. Every time I have been able to find exactly what I need. The staff has also helped me understand how it will react in my body and with other supplements I am taking. I feel very confident in their knowledge.

mila almeda Vancouver, BC

bought two bottle of papaya enzyme and a Ener C multi pack. Because of covid 19 and being high risk I am staying at home so I ordered online. The two bottles of papaya enzyme they sent me were about to expire in 4 months (September 2021). The Ener C multi pack is the same with expiry soon (September 2021). I tried contacting customer service. Long story short they will not send a replacement to the about to expire products. I am so disappointed. I sent back the items and now I am out by $22.00 due to shipping. I will never buy anything from GNC ever because GNC ships about to expire products. Buyers beware! Look somewhere else.!

Cheyenne Stewart Knoxville, TN

GNC was fantastic when it first opened in my area. Then it seemed they went mainly into body building products more than herbs. Their prices went up also. Very disappointed

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

GNC is an expert location for vitamins, health and nutrition. They know how vitamins can be a great supplement and their store associates can educate you on your health goals. Their vitamin assortment is through the roof and they carry the best brands. This is a must if you value vitamins!

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

GNC offers a great variety of high quality vitamins/supplements. When you're focused on getting healthy and making sure that you're taking in the best nutrients to increase our energy and improve your health GNC is the place to go. They have a great staff that is knowledgable about all of the products that the store has to offer. The store is well organized and does a great job keeping popular items in stock.

Eric San Diego, CA

GNC is great because they will probably have everything you need however the prices can seem a bit steep in comparison with other places. In any case I give them a good rating because they tend to have the products i'm looking for. Always good customer service as well.

Kurt Lucas Olney, MD

I always but my supplements for GNC. You can always find one. Very convenient.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

GNC has had any vitamins I have ever needed, as well as other health products that I would have not bought unless I saw them there. I believe vitamins are crucial to one's health and I've always been able to find them at GNC.

Josh Harold Dallas, TX

I have been a dedicated client of GNC for quite a long while. I have been a dedicated client with auto transport/autopay month to month since 09/19. My request is the equivalent consistently. I get 2 boxes of the lean shake consume. A month ago I signed into my record and mentioned the auto conveyance is be sent early in light of the fact that I was coming up short on my shakes. I completely love these shakes. They were offering an advancement with purchase 2 and get one free.

Trey Farner Norcross, GA

I always buy my workout protein from GNC because the people working there are always able to help me out with what I’m looking for. Especially since I have started working out it makes it way easier shopping there than their competitors.

Zac Cannon Long Beach, MS

I get my Cherry Extract for Gout from GNC as well as some shakes for meal replacement. They aren't too expensive and they have great plan where you can get monthly supplies for certain items if it's something you have to keep in stock.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

I love the rewards program at GNC! I frequently buy protein powder and their point system allows me to routinely get $5 off my purchases. All the staff is very knowledgeable about their products, and they are always helpful when you have questions about what supplements you need for your goals.

Karrie Ogden, UT

I use GNC for all of my workout supplements. I like the deals they have and the ability to bring something back after using it because you don't like it or didn't get the desired results. That return policy is hard to beat even though I have rarely needed to use it.

Jennifer Ogden, UT

I have been a long time customer of GNC and really enjoy the deals they have. Overall they are quite expensive but now with price match and amazing sales they are competing with the online wellness shops. The thing I like most is the knowledgeable sales associates. They don't just hire anyone, they make sure they know what they are talking about and can make the right suggestions for any specific situation.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I have always trusted GNC for my needs. There is always one close and convenient wherever we have lived. The sales reps are very knowledgeable unlike CVS, or Walmart. They send you their discounts and sales all the time through emails and texts if you want each month. I would trust no one else with our needs.

Gia

A 20 YEAR CUSTOMER OF GNC ... AND YET When you walk into a store.... and are COMPLETELY ignored by the man working there chatting on the phone in indian..... talking to all ALLLLL of the (ps English speaking indian customers) in indian.... and you are standing there feeling uncomfortable and out of place after 7 min STRAIGHT of not even knowing what is being said in the store. U ask about a product, he barely looks your way and says no they dont have it, and continues to tend to the other clients in indian giving preferential treatment without offering another brand of the product. So? You leave. And you go to healthy planet where although many of the workers are diverse.... they greet you and speak to each other and others know English unless otherwise required by a non English speaking customer. What a joke. Never going to GNC brampton again

R Dixon New Orleans, LA

While GNC makes some decent vitamins there auto-ship programs and the general attitude of their support people, stinks. They make so many mistakes processing my auto-ships that I canceled them all and just deal with getting the vitamins by going to the store. When I tried to get help online, I was treated poorly. I'm really tired of dealing with this company and its emp[loyees terrible attitudes.

Maria

Ordered 5 items online early Dec 2017. Mid Dec received 3 of them, I called the customer service the reply was 'oh yes, the missing products were not in stock'. -- So no email, letter, phone call to inform their costumer. Then I mentioned I am going away in a week time and it is a gift and should take it with me. The reply was 'we will send you in 3 days'. -- 5 days passed, none received, called them, the reply was 'we can’t track it, we let you know' - !!! I misses the product, and caused my nephew a big disappointment. I trusted them and waited, I could simply buy it from H&B. Since then 4 emails, 3 phone calls (each time waiting more than 20 min), still have not received my money back. Irresponsible, useless costumer service.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

The best part about GNC is the wealth of knowledge their employees about their products. The sales are nice! I have ordered from the wensite a few times as well. Quick delivery!

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

GNC has a great selection of workout supplements, which is very important as an athlete. I love their rewards program and they always have great deals such as the buy two get one free on certain protein powders.

Zabsanti Silverhill, AL

GNC does have a lot of brands for vitamins, however their explanations for these different types of brands is confusing. The few times I went, i would end up getting confused at the different brands and when the workers try to explain to the benefits of each different brand I end up leaving frustrated.

Kaitlyn Rios Ogden, UT

GNC is the ultimate in vitamin and supplements. Their associates are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. I can get everything I need for my vitamin health and at great prices.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

It’s the only local vitamin place in town but honestly it is a little expensive. So we will go when we want something right away but if we can wait a couple days we order it. The staff is friendly and knowledgeable so that is a plus you don’t get online

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

A store filled with vitamins. They have everything and anything. What I like most is that they have a variety of brands so you can choose your price point when purchasing vitamins.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

They are very knowledgable on health products and vitamins and helped me find the right product for my son. It was a product that is healthy, and at the same time will help him put on weight and muscle.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have bought many health food and vitamin products from GNC. They have a great selection and have great customer service that help someone like me find what I am looking for. They are also good to give good advice.

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

Huge gnc fan. Employees are always so helpful and very nice. They know what they’re talking bout and really try to get you what you want and need

Tanner Cook Gilbert, AZ

You need a membership to get the best prices. They try to sell you on in house brands, but those are even over priced. I’ll go here in case I run out, but otherwise their prices are too high.

Tom Pleasant Grove, UT

They have a good selection of products and are very helpful in the store. I can get the specialized stuff I need to lose weight or for weight gain. A little expensive.

L. Stockton Rocky Mount, NC

I worked here in the early 90's. At that time, full-time hours were available and pay was decent. I wouldn't work there now as I understand no one but the manager gets full-time hours, pay has decreased and sales quotas have become mandatory, making employees push products customers don't need or want. Also, their mark-up rate on products is horrendous.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

GNC has vitamins for you, your family, your pets, of all kinds. GNC has great prices and a membership program allowing you to get coupons or discounted prices as well.

take7 Cheyenne, WY

Good to explore vitamins you need or want to try. Pricey but sometimes it’s specialty so you can only get it at these types of stores. Clean and well informed.

Bill Nelson , ID

Love this place. Lots of products to choose from. I use their weight loss products as well as the Mega Man vitamins. All are helping me lose weight and feel invigorated.

Braylyn Linford Lehi, UT

GNC offers lots of amazing quality products that my family and myself use on a daily basis and they have great customer service what they stand for is good everything has always been great with them I appreciate companies like this that have the option in the plans and the knowledge to help people like me

Angelina Hamilton Gulfport, MS

Very nice selection. They have anything you can think of. Their customer service is very helpful. If they don’t have it in store they try to help you find it online and have it delivered.

Christyan Bennett Metairie, LA

GNC vitamin store has several basic vitamin and supplements for a fair price. I’ve enjoyed several things from GNC including protein shakes and getting my Vitamin C pills.

Courtney Eames Kaysville, UT

I feel like I always go into GNC looking for one thing and leave with a lot of things I did not want. A lot of the products at GNC make me sick. Because employees are paid off of commission I feel like they are pushy and don’t sell you products that will really help you but products that will get them more money.

Steve Akron, OH

I am not sure about the quality of GNC,s vitamins but their products so over priced when you compare them to Amazon,Bodybuilding .com and many other online supplement stores.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I feel like most everything at GNC is the same. I also feel like there are a lot of additives and false advertising with their product. I will not shop there for my nutritional needs.

Denise H. Mona, UT

We use GNC's protein powder on a regular basis and really like it. We also loved their orange flavored zinc lozenges. but sadly they no longer carry this product.

Myken Salt Lake City, UT

I have bought a few products at GNC and appreciate the variety of supplements they sell but they are overpriced and I can always find just as good of quality elsewhere for a fraction of the cost.

Kimi Bayles Idaho Falls, ID

I’ve received awesome customer service everytime I’ve stepped into a GNC! They are helpful and knowledgeable about their products.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

Not all products at GNC worked for me. In particular, the “fat burning” products did nothing to enhance my weight loss attempts. Creatine was great. Vitamins were great. But i found the thermogenics were not as effective for me as the sales rep claimed. For the price of those products, I expected a little more than what I got.

JDWain Tallahassee, FL

Love using my local GNC to buy any supplements that I might need they have in stock, employees are always knowledgeable and can help me find what I am looking for

Amanda Montebello, CA

I purchase a lot of my protein powders and collagen from GNC and believe they are the best to purchase from because of their customer service.

Seth Managua, MN

I was into fitness for a while and this was my go to for all supplements. They are just so reliable and the workers generally know what their talking about.

Cam McClellan Magna, UT

Do you have an awesome selection of workout supplements but it’s better to try to find a time when they have sales going on since their prices are high.

Keeli Hansen San Jose, CA

GNC has everything you would need from supplements and vitamins and anything regarding health and fitness it’s so easy to find it