CVS opened its first store in 1963. It now has stores across the country and has over 1 billion in revenue sales. CVS has changed to CVS Health, offers a minute clinic for walk-in convenience, and was the first pharmacy to offer a loyalty program. It has a variety of health products as well as access to its pharmacy on its online store.

Check Out Real Customer Reviews

#1 LuckyVitamin chevron_right
#3 Walgreens chevron_right

The Good

• Great Variety of Products
  • Multiple Loyalty Programs
  • Free shipping on orders of $35

Great Variety of Products

CVS is a large corporation with a variety of products. Its site has a manageable 10 categories of products. They are: vitamins, baby & child, beauty, diet & nutrition, health & medicine, home health care, household & grocery, personal care, sexual health, skin care. When you select a product the sites provides you with an overview of that product, and gives details of what the consumer will be buying. It also has tabs to view the ingredients, directions, and warnings. There is a place to read reviews that other customers have written about the product as well.

Multiple Loyalty Programs

CVS offers two different loyalty programs for its customers. It offers "extra savings" and "extra bucks". The extra savings gives its members personalized coupons when you shop and weekly deals and coupons in emails. The extra bucks give you 2% back in rewards on your everyday purchases. You can also earn bucks by filling prescriptions with them. The program requires you to sign up and have a CVS account, but it is free and simple to do.

Free Shipping on Orders of $35

CVS offers a free shipping rate to its customers when they spend $35 or more on any purchase. CVS also accept returns for up to 30 days after the purchase. If the product was a CVS brand product, it would offer a 100% guarantee. CVS will also accept returns on opened or unopened items if the customer is not fully satisfied.

The Bad

• Website
  • Extra Bucks Loyalty Program

Website

The CVS website is not user friendly. It was difficult to find products, and can lead you on a wild goose chase. It is also difficult to find information regarding ingredients, possible side effects, and warnings regarding the medicine.

Extra Bucks Loyalty Program

Thr "extra bucks" loyalty program does not seem like it is very loyal to the customer. Its bucks program offers 2% back in rewards on everyday purchases. Once the reward is given quarterly, the consumer has only 45 days to use them before they expire. No bucks can roll over and must be used in one shopping trip.

The Bottom Line

We found the CVS site to be harder to navigate and shop on than others we have viewed. We also found that its free shipping rates and loyalty programs were not as competitive as others. It does have a large variety of products and has been in business for a long period of time. CVS would be a good site for someone looking for more than just vitamins.

Mazi Marcel Womack
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

CVS pharmacy always has a variety of vitamins that fits all members of my family's needs.

Paige Baldwin
July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS

I usually come to CVS for any of my pharmacy needs, but I especially love coming for vitamins. They are so helping in making sure I’m choosing what’s correct for my body.

Megan trauba
July 5th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

We have a CVS right by our house and it's very convenient. I get my make up from there and they usually have good deals on it.

Dana
July 1st, 2019 Temecula, CA DETAILS

Although CVS pharmacy’s are plentiful and convenient, I feel like most goods are overpriced.

Rylie Crandall
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love CVS. They have vitamins and medicines that I can’t find anywhere else and the employees always help me so that I find just what I need.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

CVS is a great vitamin store because they have a huge selection of medicines and vitamins.

Sierra Beck
June 21st, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS

My family fills all of our prescriptions at CVS. It is always straightforward and easy to do so. The staff are friendly

Anna Lower
June 17th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

Has everything you would need on a day to day basis, good overall product quality

Alyssa skinner
June 13th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I’ve had to pick up medicine form the cvs pharmacy multiple times and always have gotten what I was going for. The people working in the pharmacy have always been very helpful too.

Nicholas
June 12th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

CVS is a really good store if you are looking for medicine, antibiotics, food and even toys.

Nicole LeBaron
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

CVS is a great store for finding vitamins, medicine, protein powders, etc. They have a selection of multiple brands which is nice.

Sherry Walbrecht
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Love to get pictures printed here! Have always had a good experience with their pharmacy as well. Would recommend!

Rebecca
June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I go to CVS for all my prescriptions. Anything else is way too overpriced, but the service at the pharmacy is great and I can get the medicine I need really quick!

Tracy Hill
June 3rd, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love CVS, we have one near our house so it’s easy to swing by and grab whatever we need for the family. I feel like they have a wider selection than other drug stores.

Jaylene
June 3rd, 2019 Holcomb, NY DETAILS

CVS has been a reliable company to buy our prescriptions and vitamins from. I can always count on them to have fast services. When my children are ill, I can always trust CVS to have a quick checkout line. Their customer service is impeccable. The workers are always available to help me pick out what vitamins would be best for me!

Jimmy Monroe
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

They're fine. I get medication from them every month and for some reason they stopped using my financial aid card. And told me I had to get a shot for one of my prescriptions the doctor sent over -- and that they don't provide that shot here... Turns out, what I needed was an over-the-counter medicine that I could have gotten the first of the three times I went in to try to get it...

Dale L Farmer
June 3rd, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

They have good prices on many perscriptions. I like the pharmacists and they are very helpful.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT DETAILS

As far as drug food stores go, this is my favorite one! They've always had anything I need and their customer service is great! They always have plenty of employees who are available and willing to help me! Plus, I currently have a subscription I get from them, and they are amazing at making sure they refill my medicine promptly and correctly!

Elisa Vakapuna
May 20th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Cvs is amazing! There’s everything you may need for your everyday life there and more!

BLF
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I like that I can make a purchase online from CVS and if the item is not what I expected or I don't like it, I can return it to the store for a full refund.

Ashley
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I buy our family vitamins at CVS. They have the brands that I love. I trust the CVS name and because I fill my prescriptions at their pharmacy they are happy to answer my questions about what vitamins are good to take with the medicines I am on.

Reese
May 15th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

CVS Pharmacy is where I get my prescriptions filled and also buy my vitamins and they have a great selection and a good price and always have coupons that come in handy when you have a large family like mine.

Eric
November 26th, 2018 San Diego, CA DETAILS

CVS is great for picking up health products such as vitamins and protein shakes. I do enjoy the mix of things I can purchase while picking up essential vitamins.

Shari Evers
September 17th, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

My daughter wanted all kinds of medical supplies for her birthday. CVS saved me. They have a huge variety of all things medical!

Thomas Hullinger
August 30th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have been to CVS many times to buy vitamins and other supplements that I can trust. They are easy to get in and out of and have the name brands that I am looking for and I can get other things there and save trips around town.

Tom
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

CVS is where I usually go for the Pharmacy and for quick items. They have a great selection, great customer service and are very convenient.

Nana Asiata
June 4th, 2018 Herriman, UT DETAILS

They always have the medicines I am looking for. They have medicines for all ages there and their customer service does an amazing job getting you the right medications you and your family needs!

Lynette Fowler
June 4th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I made a purchase online with CVS and they were great to return the items that I did not need or want. Customer service was great, not questions asked. The products that I did keep were of great quality.

Landon Robison
April 25th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Great store for pharmacy and basic needs. Good prices and good staff.

Jeff Martin
April 19th, 2018 Layton, UT DETAILS

Great store and great staff. I wouldn't hesitate to go to CVS for my needs.

Trent
April 18th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

Seem about the same as walgreens. I have never had any negative experiences with them

Chase Huntzinger
April 16th, 2018 Provo, UT DETAILS

I don't know that anybody ever actually wants to be here. Good option for when you are sick and need meds fast. But, good option for getting photos developed.