CVS Logo

CVS

6.7

CVS opened its first store in 1963. It now has stores across the country and has over 1 billion in revenue sales. CVS has changed to CVS Health, offers a minute clinic for walk-in convenience, and was the first pharmacy to offer a loyalty program. It has a variety of health products as well as access to its pharmacy on its online store.

Check Out Real Customer Reviews

The Good

• Great Variety of Products
  • Multiple Loyalty Programs
  • Free shipping on orders of $35

Great Variety of Products

CVS is a large corporation with a variety of products. Its site has a manageable 10 categories of products. They are: vitamins, baby & child, beauty, diet & nutrition, health & medicine, home health care, household & grocery, personal care, sexual health, skin care. When you select a product the sites provides you with an overview of that product, and gives details of what the consumer will be buying. It also has tabs to view the ingredients, directions, and warnings. There is a place to read reviews that other customers have written about the product as well.

Multiple Loyalty Programs

CVS offers two different loyalty programs for its customers. It offers "extra savings" and "extra bucks". The extra savings gives its members personalized coupons when you shop and weekly deals and coupons in emails. The extra bucks give you 2% back in rewards on your everyday purchases. You can also earn bucks by filling prescriptions with them. The program requires you to sign up and have a CVS account, but it is free and simple to do.

Free Shipping on Orders of $35

CVS offers a free shipping rate to its customers when they spend $35 or more on any purchase. CVS also accept returns for up to 30 days after the purchase. If the product was a CVS brand product, it would offer a 100% guarantee. CVS will also accept returns on opened or unopened items if the customer is not fully satisfied.

The Bad

• Website
  • Extra Bucks Loyalty Program

Website

The CVS website is not user friendly. It was difficult to find products, and can lead you on a wild goose chase. It is also difficult to find information regarding ingredients, possible side effects, and warnings regarding the medicine.

Extra Bucks Loyalty Program

Thr "extra bucks" loyalty program does not seem like it is very loyal to the customer. Its bucks program offers 2% back in rewards on everyday purchases. Once the reward is given quarterly, the consumer has only 45 days to use them before they expire. No bucks can roll over and must be used in one shopping trip.

The Bottom Line

We found the CVS site to be harder to navigate and shop on than others we have viewed. We also found that its free shipping rates and loyalty programs were not as competitive as others. It does have a large variety of products and has been in business for a long period of time. CVS would be a good site for someone looking for more than just vitamins.

Deborah Bastien Guyton, GA

I like the product availability and the ease of shopping there. Customer service has always been good. Sometimes pharmacy can be moody. Overall I will continue to shop there for my makeup and medications.

Bee Endicott, NY

CVS accepts my Humana benefits and they let me stack coupons. You can do really well here with coupons.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

CVS is one of ,y favorite vitamin stores, they have any and every vitamin you are looking for with a variety of brands to choose from. They also have other things available needed at home such as quick meals, beverages, and cosmetics to name a few of their purchase options. The price is a little more expensive than a regular grocery store but they do have cash back deals if you have a CVS card.

Roxana Perez ,

I have been using CVS as my pharmacy for the past two years and I love it! They have developed an application that makes it easy to track your medications and upcoming refills. My favorite part is that they offer free 1-2 day delivery for eligible medication.

Pekeiydra Williams Tallahassee, FL

Love CVS, always have great deals! I appreciate them giving the receipts with store credit when you shop there so much. Definitely my go to place for feminine/ household products.

Lisa Burrup Riverton, UT

I like the coupons and sales at cvs when you sign up for there emails and frequent shopper plan. They are a lot better than their competitors. Also, their employees have great customer service and are always willing to help.

Alexander Johnson Burbank, CA

I like cvs it’s just the employees that always annoy me. I don’t think I’ve ever met a hardworking cvs employee. CVS is a place that does money orders and debit card reloads but for some reason their machines are always broken. Aka employees are too lazy to do the process or aren’t trained on how to do it

Maxpak00 St Louis, MO

The price of our medications with great insurance is approximately 250% more costly than our local Kroger store.

Cade Boudreaux Irving, TX

CVS is a great store for your everyday vitamins. I recently bought metabolism pills as a dietary supplement and was very pleased with the results they’ve had on my weight loss. They are also cheaper than most fitness stores where they sell the same thing.

take7 Cheyenne, WY

Convenient that it’s in target and I can see someone in there about the vitamins I buy. They are helpful and knowledgeable. One time they didn’t have The vitamin I was prescribed and took forever to get back to me to let me know that they didn’t have it and couldn’t get it. That was annoying. But every other time it’s convenient and worth it for me.

Summer Porter Managua, MN

The pick up time for medications at CVS pharmacy are insanely fast. I have had several doctors appointments in which I am prescribed meds and within 2 hours, I either receive a text or email from CVS letting me know that they are ready to be picked up. You can either walk in pick up or pick up through their drive through window. It is convenient for all.

Corey Smith Tallahassee, FL

CVS is usually always my go to whenever I need vitamins or medicine. The employees are always so sweet and ready to help

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

CVS is a grand option for vitamin purchases. They carry the best brands and have a greater assortment of options. Their vitamin aisle is really comprehensive - you find anything you need there at great prices !

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

I have been to CVS many times to buy vitamins and other supplements that I can trust. They are easy to get in and out of and have the name brands that I am looking for and I can get other things there and save trips around town.

Toni Purdy Bullhead City, AZ

The staff is not friendly. The product is good if you can get past the unfriendly the employees.

Stephanie Byrd Tallahassee, FL

CVS is one of my absolute favorite stores. It’s a convenient store and pharmacy all in one. It is a one stop shop for all of life’s needs. Their products range from everyday household products to medicines that can help cure sicknesses. I love it there.

Janie Dennis Tallahassee, FL

CVS is a nice place to go to for anything!! I love that they are usually open 24hrs for their pharmacies because that is where I go when I need to pick up my medication! I also get their Lubriderm lotion which helps my skin immensely.

Kimi Bayles West Valley City, UT

I ran out of my vitamins while on vacation. We found a CVS and I was so impressed with the store! Clean, organized, layout was quick and efficient to find what I needed, there were multiple cashiers so we weren’t in line forever and the employees were very friendly answering questions and helping us feel comfortable!

Michelle Rios Ogden, UT

When shopping for gummy vitamins for my kids, I have found a good selection at CVS. Their prices are competitive and their stores are easy to access on my way home to/from work. I appreciate that they are well stocked and that they always have what I need. Thanks CVS for having my children's vitamin needs.

Megan A McEvoy Tallahassee, FL

CVS has a great selection of many different products, from vitamins to dishwashing soap. My family always uses CVS for items like ankle braces and athletic tape, as well as for any pharmaceutical medications we needed prescribed.

Our local CVS has a wonderful selection of vitamins. It’s easy to move around in the store no clutter, clean and clear where they put what. There prices are always nice and the coupons the offer are right on point with my card

April American Fork, UT

CVS has come to my aid time and again! The employees there are very helpful, kind, and able to answer all of my questions. They are conveniently open all the time, so whenever I have to go there I can rely on CVS to fulfill my needs.

Miles Strother American Fork, UT

CVS is usually where I go to get my prescriptions filled and any other day-to-day medical stuff I need. They always have great availability and our quick on filling orders. Plus, every time I've gone they've priced matched to make sure I get the best deals on medicine.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

CVS is my main vitamin store, along with my main prescription store, candy store, and personal products store. They have a great selection of vitamins for the whole family at a good price. I also like the coupons they have and fast bucks that help me save a little along the way.

Jaylene Holcomb, NY

CVS has been a reliable company to buy our prescriptions and vitamins from. I can always count on them to have fast services. When my children are ill, I can always trust CVS to have a quick checkout line. Their customer service is impeccable. The workers are always available to help me pick out what vitamins would be best for me!

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I buy our family vitamins at CVS. They have the brands that I love. I trust the CVS name and because I fill my prescriptions at their pharmacy they are happy to answer my questions about what vitamins are good to take with the medicines I am on.

Ellie American Fork, UT

With cvs I always know I’m getting quality, trustworthy products at the best price available. The employees are easy to work with and help me understand my medication much more!

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

They have a very large range of generic vitamins as well as brand-name. Luckily they have cheap prices when buying generic, and they have approved OTC vitamins. They also offer many coupons.

Elizabeth Klemm Tallahassee, FL

My family has used CVS Pharmacy for prescriptions my whole life. They also have an awesome selection of personal hygiene care and injury care, which makes it easy to get what you need quickly.

Christyan Bennett New Orleans, LA

I went to CVS one day after my workout to pick up some vitamins super quick. They have a surprisingly large variety of vitamins to choose from. I would recommend CVS to anyone in need of a quick stop to get some vitamins.

Adrianne murray Brigham City, UT

I love this place when I am in the bigger cities. We do not have one in our town but there is one around 20 miles away. My mom who is 75 can easily go into it and tells me often how they have helped her print pictures or find her something. I am thankful she has a place she feels she can go into and get what she needs

Kylie Howes Provo, UT

CVS pharmacy is a really convenient way to pick up prescriptions or to buy OTC medications, and they have locations all over the place. They always have your prescription ready on time, and I've never had a bad experience with their customer service.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

I use CVS when I travel out of state. They have a lot of stores and it is always easy to find one when I need one. I always need meds when i travel. So glad they are easy to find.

Sara S Tallahassee, FL

CVS has a wide variety of vitamins and supplements that suite anyone's needs. If you shop there often, join their rewards program to get some discounts. Their prices can be higher than costco pharmacy but its fine if CVS is close to you.

Andrea De La Pava Tallahassee, FL

CVS has been very reliable with their prescription pick up service. As soon as I leave the doctor, they send me a text saying my medication is ready. CVS is my go-to pharmacy for that reason, they also have a lot of products if you need snacks, medicine, or things on the go.

Larson Riverton, UT

CVS is a great store to shop at. The prices are very reasonable, and you get good quality items. They sell a ton of drinks, candy and chips, and great beauty supplies, and vitamins. Kids love the huge toy section, and seasonal section. CVS is always convenient and has great sales.

Virginia Rosenthal Pleasant Grove, UT

It's a convenient place to buy vitamins. I wish there was more variety of vitamins (which I can usually get at a dedicated nutrition store or mass retailer). The prices are a little high but you can't beat the convenience when I"m already there picking up prescriptions.

Jimmy Monroe Provo, UT

They're fine. I get medication from them every month and for some reason they stopped using my financial aid card. And told me I had to get a shot for one of my prescriptions the doctor sent over -- and that they don't provide that shot here... Turns out, what I needed was an over-the-counter medicine that I could have gotten the first of the three times I went in to try to get it...

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

As far as drug food stores go, this is my favorite one! They've always had anything I need and their customer service is great! They always have plenty of employees who are available and willing to help me! Plus, I currently have a subscription I get from them, and they are amazing at making sure they refill my medicine promptly and correctly!

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

CVS Pharmacy is where I get my prescriptions filled and also buy my vitamins and they have a great selection and a good price and always have coupons that come in handy when you have a large family like mine.

Nana Asiata Herriman, UT

They always have the medicines I am looking for. They have medicines for all ages there and their customer service does an amazing job getting you the right medications you and your family needs!

maria Robinson Pasadena, TX

They have some good values for your money. They have some good customer service.

John Brown Salt Lake City, UT

Locations everywhere with consistent products and services. Helpful staff and clean stores

Zabsanti Silverhill, AL

CVS has been lacking in products for vitamins and supplements. You can get the bare necessities but if you want diversity, it's better to go to another store. The only good part is the prices are somewhat manageable.

Laurie Massie Lakeland, FL

I love being able to walk into CVS & grab whatever I need! One stop, & I can get everything! Great customer service, too!

Eric San Diego, CA

CVS is great for picking up health products such as vitamins and protein shakes. I do enjoy the mix of things I can purchase while picking up essential vitamins.

Shari Evers Lehi, UT

My daughter wanted all kinds of medical supplies for her birthday. CVS saved me. They have a huge variety of all things medical!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

CVS always has any of the vitamins that I need. I like how they offer deals on the majority of brands that they carry, as well as on their own vitamins.

Brayden Ibert Houston, TX

CVS has a great selection of vitamins borh in tbe store and online. I like knowing that the product is quality and that the pharmacist has access to my medicine info should i have any questions.

Lizabeth Augustine Holmdel, NJ

Good experience. Employees friendly willing to help. Pharmacy does a great job,however, workers always seem rushed and overworked may need more staff in this department. Overall positive.