CVS opened its first store in 1963. It now has stores across the country and has over 1 billion in revenue sales. CVS has changed to CVS Health, offers a minute clinic for walk-in convenience, and was the first pharmacy to offer a loyalty program. It has a variety of health products as well as access to its pharmacy on its online store.

Check Out Real Customer Reviews

#1 LuckyVitamin chevron_right
#3 Walgreens chevron_right

The Good

• Great Variety of Products
  • Multiple Loyalty Programs
  • Free shipping on orders of $35

Great Variety of Products

CVS is a large corporation with a variety of products. Its site has a manageable 10 categories of products. They are: vitamins, baby & child, beauty, diet & nutrition, health & medicine, home health care, household & grocery, personal care, sexual health, skin care. When you select a product the sites provides you with an overview of that product, and gives details of what the consumer will be buying. It also has tabs to view the ingredients, directions, and warnings. There is a place to read reviews that other customers have written about the product as well.

Multiple Loyalty Programs

CVS offers two different loyalty programs for its customers. It offers "extra savings" and "extra bucks". The extra savings gives its members personalized coupons when you shop and weekly deals and coupons in emails. The extra bucks give you 2% back in rewards on your everyday purchases. You can also earn bucks by filling prescriptions with them. The program requires you to sign up and have a CVS account, but it is free and simple to do.

Free Shipping on Orders of $35

CVS offers a free shipping rate to its customers when they spend $35 or more on any purchase. CVS also accept returns for up to 30 days after the purchase. If the product was a CVS brand product, it would offer a 100% guarantee. CVS will also accept returns on opened or unopened items if the customer is not fully satisfied.

The Bad

• Website
  • Extra Bucks Loyalty Program

Website

The CVS website is not user friendly. It was difficult to find products, and can lead you on a wild goose chase. It is also difficult to find information regarding ingredients, possible side effects, and warnings regarding the medicine.

Extra Bucks Loyalty Program

Thr "extra bucks" loyalty program does not seem like it is very loyal to the customer. Its bucks program offers 2% back in rewards on everyday purchases. Once the reward is given quarterly, the consumer has only 45 days to use them before they expire. No bucks can roll over and must be used in one shopping trip.

The Bottom Line

We found the CVS site to be harder to navigate and shop on than others we have viewed. We also found that its free shipping rates and loyalty programs were not as competitive as others. It does have a large variety of products and has been in business for a long period of time. CVS would be a good site for someone looking for more than just vitamins.

Lisa Burrup

September 15th, 2020 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like the coupons and sales at cvs when you sign up for there emails and frequent shopper plan. They are a lot better than their competitors. Also, their employees have great customer service and are always willing to help.

Alexander Johnson

July 14th, 2020 Burbank, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like cvs it’s just the employees that always annoy me. I don’t think I’ve ever met a hardworking cvs employee. CVS is a place that does money orders and debit card reloads but for some reason their machines are always broken. Aka employees are too lazy to do the process or aren’t trained on how to do it

Bryan Jensen

April 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have every thing you could ever need. Friendly staff and they are always running great deals

Ellie

March 31st, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With cvs I always know I’m getting quality, trustworthy products at the best price available. The employees are easy to work with and help me understand my medication much more!

April aphe8493

March 30th, 2020 Castle Rock, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS is nice. They have a nice selection of items and I haven't had a negative experience yet.

Rocio Diaz

March 20th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have a very large range of generic vitamins as well as brand-name. Luckily they have cheap prices when buying generic, and they have approved OTC vitamins. They also offer many coupons.

Karen Torino

March 16th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS always has any of the vitamins that I need. I like how they offer deals on the majority of brands that they carry, as well as on their own vitamins.

Myken

March 14th, 2020 , UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have bought vitamins from CVS on a couple of occasions but have found them to be a lot more expensive than I can find then elsewhere.

Brayden Ibert

March 11th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS has a great selection of vitamins borh in tbe store and online. I like knowing that the product is quality and that the pharmacist has access to my medicine info should i have any questions.

Zachary Simpson

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX

CVS is another store I have visited a few times with my family to get medicine when one of us was sick. Every time, it was quick and easy.

Lizabeth Augustine

March 5th, 2020 Holmdel, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good experience. Employees friendly willing to help. Pharmacy does a great job,however, workers always seem rushed and overworked may need more staff in this department. Overall positive.

Thomas Andersen

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always go to the CVS near my campus for all my snacks and hygiene products. They have great prices and a great rewards program, along with everything you need.

Elizabeth Klemm

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family has used CVS Pharmacy for prescriptions my whole life. They also have an awesome selection of personal hygiene care and injury care, which makes it easy to get what you need quickly.

Stephanie Byrd

March 5th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS is one of my absolute favorite stores. It’s a convenient store and pharmacy all in one. It is a one stop shop for all of life’s needs. Their products range from everyday household products to medicines that can help cure sicknesses. I love it there.

Josh Harold

March 4th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I go to cvs all the time to get my favorite drink and the people there are always helpful and the lines are normaly short.

Janie Dennis

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS is a nice place to go to for anything!! I love that they are usually open 24hrs for their pharmacies because that is where I go when I need to pick up my medication! I also get their Lubriderm lotion which helps my skin immensely.

Zabsanti

March 4th, 2020 Silverhill, AL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS has been lacking in products for vitamins and supplements. You can get the bare necessities but if you want diversity, it's better to go to another store. The only good part is the prices are somewhat manageable.

DeeDee G.

March 4th, 2020 Laplace, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS has a great selection of vitamins as well as them being very affordable. Sometimes there are even coupons.

Kimi Bayles

March 3rd, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I ran out of my vitamins while on vacation. We found a CVS and I was so impressed with the store! Clean, organized, layout was quick and efficient to find what I needed, there were multiple cashiers so we weren’t in line forever and the employees were very friendly answering questions and helping us feel comfortable!

take7

February 27th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY

Convenient that it’s in target and I can see someone in there about the vitamins I buy. They are helpful and knowledgeable. One time they didn’t have The vitamin I was prescribed and took forever to get back to me to let me know that they didn’t have it and couldn’t get it. That was annoying. But every other time it’s convenient and worth it for me.

Seth Boudoin

February 27th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Perfect place to get small shopping in. May it be medicine, school supplies, snacks, food, drinks, bathing, or makeup, CVS has it all and at a great price as well. The staff is always willing to help as well.

Cade Boudreaux

February 26th, 2020 Irving, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS is a great store for your everyday vitamins. I recently bought metabolism pills as a dietary supplement and was very pleased with the results they’ve had on my weight loss. They are also cheaper than most fitness stores where they sell the same thing.

Michelle Rios

February 23rd, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When shopping for gummy vitamins for my kids, I have found a good selection at CVS. Their prices are competitive and their stores are easy to access on my way home to/from work. I appreciate that they are well stocked and that they always have what I need. Thanks CVS for having my children's vitamin needs.

Jaci Rhoades

February 20th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I do not care for CVS. They have cheap items on the shelves and they never have enough staff to help me.

Kaitlyn Rios

February 20th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS offers great selection and great pricing on vitamins. I take a ton of different vitamins weekly and feel that CVS supports all of the brands I trust.

Nichole Hiatt

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS had a great selection of vitamins and I had multiple brands to choose from. I was looking for a specific dosage of something and they carried exactly what I needed.

JDWain

February 19th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use CVS for all my prescription needs and all ways will, they are always very kind and helpful at my local CVS

Michelle Schow

February 18th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS Pharmacy has a great selection of vitamins and pretty much every over the counter pharmacy need. The prices are comparable to other pharmacies and sometimes you can even find coupons and deals to get better pricing.

Angelina Hamilton

February 8th, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The last CVS I went in to was not very updated. It was very trashy looking and the staff was not pleasant. The vitamin select was far and between.

Amanda

February 7th, 2020 Montebello, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I purchased some of my everyday vitamins at CVS and am pleased by the variety. The only downside it that I can find similar items at lower prices elsewhere.

Christyan Bennett

February 6th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I went to CVS one day after my workout to pick up some vitamins super quick. They have a surprisingly large variety of vitamins to choose from. I would recommend CVS to anyone in need of a quick stop to get some vitamins.

Eddie Rios

February 6th, 2020 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS is a grand option for vitamin purchases. They carry the best brands and have a greater assortment of options. Their vitamin aisle is really comprehensive - you find anything you need there at great prices !

kayshel

February 6th, 2020 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used CVS regularly for over the counter products as well as all my perscriptions for 5 years now. They are service oriented and I enjoy shopping there.

Lindsay

February 4th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cvs is a bit overpriced . Their prices do not compare to other similar stores offering same products.

Summer Porter

February 1st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The pick up time for medications at CVS pharmacy are insanely fast. I have had several doctors appointments in which I am prescribed meds and within 2 hours, I either receive a text or email from CVS letting me know that they are ready to be picked up. You can either walk in pick up or pick up through their drive through window. It is convenient for all.

Seth

January 29th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They have exactly what I need every time, they are are some of the nicest workers I have ever met. They may be a little over priced though.

Derek

January 29th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buy my medicine here for years. Customer service is super helpful.

Cam McClellan

January 27th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The CVS by us is always empty compared to the wall greens. I like shopping at Walgreens better for their selection.

Matthew Hall

January 23rd, 2020 Gulfport, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Kids can go pick out a toy, while I'm picking out my vatmins, it's the best of both worlds, I'm healthy, and we're all happy!

Tiffany

January 20th, 2020 Sparks, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There are so many good products, the items ordered arrived quickly!

Zac Cannon

January 16th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS has a great supply of vitamins and the store brand versions of the vitamins are very comparable to the name brands.

Wendy Liu

January 15th, 2020 Bethesda, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Has a great pharmacy and it contains a bunch of other items such as candy, gifts, school materials, etc. A great place for an errand.

Luna

January 15th, 2020 Rockville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS is everywhere. Whenever I need to buy any emergency medicine, I go to CVS. It also has stationery, food, tools, etc.

Laurie Massie

January 14th, 2020 Lakeland, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love being able to walk into CVS & grab whatever I need! One stop, & I can get everything! Great customer service, too!

Mickey Mangum

January 13th, 2020 Long Beach, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I shop CVS regularly. Always clean and a friendly staff. The always have just what I need at a fair price. Great place.

Jacob

January 7th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS Pharmacy is a great place to satisfy vitamin needs. They have some of the best prices plus coupons if you sign up for the newsletter and are fast in customer care.

Jada Urquhart

January 3rd, 2020 Orlando, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I get all of my prescription filled at CVS. They get my prescriptions filled quickly.

Adrianne murray

December 31st, 2019 Brigham City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love this place when I am in the bigger cities. We do not have one in our town but there is one around 20 miles away. My mom who is 75 can easily go into it and tells me often how they have helped her print pictures or find her something. I am thankful she has a place she feels she can go into and get what she needs

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

I love that they are alphabetized and the prices aren't normally too high. Very organized and always stocked.

Kylie Howes

December 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

CVS pharmacy is a really convenient way to pick up prescriptions or to buy OTC medications, and they have locations all over the place. They always have your prescription ready on time, and I've never had a bad experience with their customer service.