iPostal1

LAST UPDATED: September 1st, 2021

iPostal1's digital mailbox technology enables postal mail centers to give businesses and consumers a way to view and manage their mail and packages remotely from anywhere using their phone or computer.

Launched in 2015, iPostal1 provides users with various digital mailbox features and access to over 2,000 locations for their mail.

iPostal1 makes managing your mail extremely convenient with the following digital mailbox services:

• Forward your mail and packages to any address
  • Request a scan of mail content
  • Recycle and shred unwanted mail
  • Deposit a check by mail
  • Add phone and fax numbers to your digital mailbox
  • Schedule a pickup

Anytime Mailbox Logo
Anytime Mailbox chevron_right
Earth Class Mail Logo
Earth Class Mail chevron_right
GRM Digital Mailroom Logo
GRM Digital Mailroom chevron_right
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• 2,000+ U.S. and International Digital Mailbox Locations
  • Digital Mailbox Features
  • Affordable Plans
  • Manage Mail from Your Phone, Tablet, or Computer
  • Security

2,000+ U.S. and International Digital Mailbox Locations

iPostal1 has Digital Mailbox locations in all 50 states and abroad.

There are over 2,000 U.S. and International Digital Mailbox locations and if that's not enough, new locations are being added every week.

Digital Mailbox Features

iPostal1's various mailbox features are designed to meet the needs of its diverse customer base, whether a professional mailing address for business purposes, a safe place to receive mail and packages during travel, or the ability to preview postal mail remotely from anywhere.

All of iPostal1's plans include the following features at no additional cost:

• Real U.S. street address
  • Personal digital mailbox
  • Free app for Android and iPhone
  • 24/7 digital access to all mail items
  • 2 GB secure cloud storage
  • Flexible shipment scheduling
  • Your choice of carriers, ship dates, and service level
  • Shipping to unlimited addresses

This is not a complete list of everything iPostal1 offers with its plans. If you are interested in learning more, we recommend visiting the company's website for the entire list of features.

Affordable Plans

iPostal1 offers four plan options: Green, Blue, Silver, and Gold

Green Blue Silver Gold
$9.99 per month $14.99 per month $24.99 per month $39.99 per month
30 mail items per month 60 mail items per month 120 mail items per month 240 mail items per month

All plans at all locations offer the same basic set of features, making it easy to select the right plan based on how much mail you receive. Plus, there are no contract or sign-up fees.

If you're interested, iPostal1 allows customers to purchase an annual plan. While the yearly plans may seem like a lot of money upfront, they actually will end up saving you money. Listed below are the initial prices for the annual plans.

Green Blue Silver Gold
$99 per year $149 per year $249 per year $399 per year

Keep in mind that the plan pricing does vary by Standard, Select, Premium, or Prestige mailbox locations. That being said, iPostal1 is one of the most affordable virtual mailbox companies, as USPS P.O. boxes can cost twice as much as an iPostal digital mailbox.

Security

According to iPostal1's website, "All mail is kept secure and confidential." iPostal1 will only open your letter mail if you specifically request the company to scan the contents.

Similarly, iPostal1 will only open a package if you request a picture of the package content or to ensure compliance with international shipping regulations.

The Bad

• Subscription Does Not Cover Optional Services
  • Customers Need to Complete and Notarize USPS Form 1583

Subscription Does Not Cover Optional Services

iPostal1 lists several optional services, such as scanning, shredding, and forwarding, on its Pricing pages. Depending on the location, iPostal1 may also charge you a small fee to pick up your mail. You do get 30 days of free storage for all mail and smaller packages, but storage charges apply after that.

These services are not bundled into the subscription to keep the monthly mailbox price as low as possible.

Fortunately, iPostal1 includes all the optional services (and how much they cost) on its Pricing page.

Customers Need to Complete and Notarize USPS Form 1583

The United States Postal Service (USPS) requires Form 1583 to verify the postal mailbox renter's identity and authorize the mailing address location, a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency (CMRA) to receive mail on behalf of the postal mailbox renter.

A CMRA needs to have a properly signed and notarized Form 1583 and two forms of ID to give you access to or request tasks for your mail.

You cannot access or pick up your mail until the form is submitted and approved.

The Bottom Line

iPostal1 offers more locations and more features than any other digital mailbox service, with consistent plans and pricing across the entire iPostal network of locations.

With more than 2,000 professionally staffed locations across the world, and a free app and website available 24/7, customers can view and manage their mail any time, anywhere, as soon as it's received. They can even manage mail received at multiple locations, all in one place, choosing whether to forward, scan, recycle, shred, or store their mail.

The least expensive iPostal1 plan starts at $9.99 per month for up to 30 pieces of mail. This is less expensive than what many of iPostal1's competitors charge for even fewer pieces of mail. And iPostal1 customers can save even more by paying for a year of services in advance.

iPostal1's location offerings, low price, and mail management options make it an excellent choice for most people.

Paul Susi Saugerties, NY

So far, iPostal1 has lived up to its publicity. The sign-up process was a bit tedious (having to get the USPS form notarized when you are on vacation was a bother) but I get notified as soon as mail arrives and can see what it is via the app. Pick up is a breeze - and it's a big plus that you can receive packages.

jim collins Denver, CO

The price is not too bad, but we have had several customers that have had their mail returned to them. When our first renewal came up the company (who is shipping for iPostal) we dealing with in Louisville KY returned our customers mail because our payment with Paypal had changed and there was no grace period allowed. I wrote ipostal and they stated that there was a grace period and the company would be informed that their setting was incorrect so they gave me back 39+ US dollars to compensate for it. The first forwarding address iPostal setup within 6 months after we have business checks and addresses put on everything the company went out of business so they made us change the address again! who does that! I will continue to use them though not many choices out there. The app is awesome they have developed it shows what is setting in the box with each piece of mail. The charge for the forwarding of the mail can get expensive with the first-class mail, I was charged one time $16+ US for a first-class envelope that should have been maybe $6 max. anyhow hard company to get to call you back when there is an issue but, if there were customer support better and get their act together this would be an amazing company to deal with.

Reply from iPostal1

Hi Jim, Thanks for your review. Sorry for the issues you described. Our goal is to ensure that our customers have a positive experience and get the most out of our service. We are adding customer service representatives as quickly as we can, but increasing demand for our digital mailbox service has created an unusually high volume of calls. Our response time will get better. The best way to reach our customer support is by emailing [email protected] Thank you for being our valued customer. Sincerely, iPostal1

Jul. 22nd, 2021

Lorraine Mouton Roanoke, TX

Everything has been great! The response time is exceptional and they also transferred my mail to my home address when I was out of town and unable to pick it up! Best part is it got their within the next day or two. Awesome company!

Reply from iPostal1

Thank you for your review Lorraine and happy we're meeting your expectations.

Jun. 8th, 2021

Gilles Leroy Palm Harbor, FL

My experience with IPostal1 has been terrible. 1) After scheduling my first mail pickup through the web site there was nobody there when I arrived at the time scheduled. The clerk next door tried to help but couldn’t find all my mail after an hour wait and search. 2) I came back the next day and the person didn’t speak a word of English. She gave me most of my mail but 2 items were missing and were never recovered but I was charged for having to return and pickup my mail the next day. 3) Some of the mail photos are sometime not matching the mail (mail from someone else) so one may miss some important information. 4) I tried to consolidate and ship some mail to my current address but the software would not validate the address no matter how I was writing it. I called customer support but the technician was not able to help and suggested to request a manual shipment and sent an email to the contact for my postal address. the contact didn’t seem to understand the issue and suggested to use the web site. I sent another email and the reply was that he couldn’t do the manual shipment. I emailed again but no answer after several attempts. 5) Since the service is unable to ship my mail, I requested the scanning of 6 items, 2 of them have been scanned but the others are still not viewable. Again I sent an email to support but still no answer. 6) Finally a few days later I received a mail from the contact telling me that the items had been shipped at the original address requested but I was also receiving automated mails from the web site telling me that it was shipped to another address. I still don’t know which of my mail is shipped and where it is shipped but I have been billed for each of the transactions. As custodians of my mail the service is failing to provide the most basic services it advertised. Moreover, since some of my mail is missing or unavailable and support is absent, slow or inadequate so some urgent information may not be reaching me or my wife with a potential for grave consequences regarding our health, finances etc..

Reply from iPostal1

Hi Gilles, Thanks for your review. We are sorry for the issues you described. Our goal is to ensure that our customers have a positive experience and get the most out of our service, while striving to maintain high service levels at all of our mail center locations. It is very uncommon for mail to go missing. Our locations are certified by the USPS as a Commercial Mail Receiving Agency, that receive and manage mail securely and professionally. Still, things can happen. Our representatives are working with the mail center to investigate your situation and address any issues so that this does not happen again. Again, we apologize for the delay and will work with this location to improve functionality in the future. Thanks for choosing iPostal1. Sincerely, iPostal1

Jul. 26th, 2021

No Save No Gain Virginia Beach, VA

I feel like switching to the post office like why do I have to pay to receive my packages or letters when I’m already paying a monthly fee. That don’t make any sense. I’m dissatisfied.

Reply from iPostal1

Hi No Save No Gain, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you are not satisfied. Please understand why we charge for Optional Services like scanning mail content or picking up mail. Our pricing strategy is to keep the monthly mailbox price as low as possible and charge for Optional Services when customers use them. If we included more ‘free’ services’ in the monthly fee, the monthly fee would have to go up, and people who don’t use these services would have to pay more for no benefit. On our public website, we are transparent about our pricing. Our goal is to offer great service at a great value. $9.99 per month is a great value for digital mailbox service. Most PO Boxes at your local post office cost twice that amount without the benefits of digital mailbox service. Sincerely, iPostal1

Sep. 2nd, 2021

Len Ross Ann Arbor, MI

Reliable, easy to work with. I like that they send scans of your mail. You decide what to do with the hard copy

roniel sylvester Mansfield, TX

The lady was very polite and attentive. Thank You

Kay Trejo Woodland Hills, CA

My experience has been pleasant. Appreciate the ease of everything.

Reply from iPostal1

Thanks Kay for your review. We are glad you have had a great experience.

Aug. 10th, 2021

CatchQ TV Lafayette, LA

Easy access & the service is great. My location is less than 5 miles from my home.

Kimistry Howard Chicago, IL

I am able to keep things simple and clutter free. I really enjoy the convenience of having a different mailing address for business purposes.

Reply from iPostal1

Hi Kimistry, Thank you for your review. Good luck with your business, Best regards, iPostal1

Apr. 7th, 2021

Willard McCusker Rock Springs, WY

Fast and efficient and a very good service

TVLampsforless Orange County Fullerton, CA

Easy to setup, essential for a business mailing address.

Produceprogress Chicago, IL

Great customer service thanks for good service

Caleb Mississauga, ON

It is a very easy system to use and I like the notification system.

Kierra Young Decatur, GA

So far I have no complaints. I love the flexibility and the convenience.

Reply from iPostal1

Thanks for your review Kierra and thank you for being our customer.

Jun. 8th, 2021