Vrbo Logo

Vrbo

Founded in 1995, Vrbo assists vacationers in finding accommodations through local homeowner properties. Vrbo has locations spread all over the world with an easy search bar so travelers can easily find the exact vacation home that they need for their perfect vacation. As part of the Expedia Group, Vrbo gets over 750 million views per month. Vrbo offers a wide range of rental properties in 190 countries including the lowest prices all the way up to high-end luxury rentals.

The Good

• Variety of Options
  • Booking Options
  • Cancellation Protection
  • Customer Reviews and Protection
  • Mobile Services

Variety of Options

Vrbo has a variety of options for travelers. Each rental owner determines the price to rent his or her space, so prices will vary based on location, amenities, size, condition, etc. Vrbo rentals are available throughout the United States and in 190 countries around the world. An email and phone number are provided for each property owner, so travelers can speak directly with the property owner before they book or during the booking process. With the phone number, travelers are also given the best time to reach the property owner along with the languages they speak. Emails go through Vrbo.com.

• Insurance Options: Vrbo provides customers with the option to purchase damage and cancellation insurance.
  • 24/7 Support: 24/7 support is available to all customers by Vrbo.
  • Large Property Selection: Currently, Vrbo has over one million properties listed.
  • Secure Payment Options: Vrbo has a secure and safe payment process, providing comfort to its customers.

Booking Options

Reservations are made through Vrbo.com. Travelers have the option of clicking the "Book It" button after their dates are selected to reserve the space. Or travelers can choose to email or call the rental owner for more information.

Cancellation Protection

Vrbo offers cancellation protection through a HomeAway partner, CSA Travel Protection and Insurance Services. This service safeguards the traveler's non-refundable payments in case they need to cancel their trip for a covered reason. Vacation rental payments typically become non-refundable 30-90 days before the arrival date. Cancellation protection features:

• Protects insured trip cost up to $50,000 if guests need to cancel.
  • Offers reimbursement if guests cancel their trip due to covered events such as sickness, injury, flight cancellations, mandatory evacuation, or job loss.
  • Travel delay benefits available if guests are delayed for 12 or more hours due to flight delays, weather, or sickness. Learn more.
  • Additional services* can be found on the site.

Customer Reviews and Protection

Each property has customer reviews listed under their rental descriptions. Each review also has a star rating; so potential travelers can easily determine the quality of the rental without having to read through each review. Additionally, any payments made through the secure HomeAway platform are protected up to $10,000 against fraud. Or an additional fee will protect you against other renting issues like double booking or security deposit issues.

Mobile Services

Vrbo has a mobile friendly site. The mobile site makes it easy to enter the desired location and dates on the landing page. The site's design also makes it simple to browse rental listings. Vrbo also has the "HomeAway & Vrbo Vacation Rentals" free mobile app. Users are given the option to view the app when they visit the mobile site.

The Bad

• Customer Complaints
  • Fees
  • Certain Fees are Not Refundable

Customer Complaints

Vrbo has many negative customer reviews about things like poor customer service and excessive fees. Both customers renting from Vrbo and homeowners listing with the site have written complaints. Many homeowners complain about new changes under Expedia's ownership. They complain about higher fees, more control by Vrbo, booking problems, etc. Renters complain about higher fees, booking errors, cancellation problems, and unresponsive or helpful customer service.

Fees

Overall, there are quite a few things that Vrbo could improve on.  The biggest issue with Vrbo is the extra fees.  There is a high service fee and fees associated with damage insurance, cancellation insurance, and the Carefree Rental Guarantee.

• High Renters Service Charge: Vrbo charges renters a 5 percent commission in service fees to rent their property.
  • Credit Card Processing Fee: Vrbo charges a 3 percent credit card or e-check processing fee for the total amount paid by the traveler.
  • No Verification: No verification is done on properties listed with Vrbo. This is concerning, as customers want to be sure they are renting a legitimate property and aren't getting scammed.
  • No Free Cancellation: Vrbo doesn't offer all customers a free cancellation option with all properties.

Certain Fees are Not Refundable

Another issue that customers have been commenting about is the fact that Vrbo charges a customer's credit card upon booking, but owners are not paid until renters are in the house. If customers go to cancel the rental, customers will not be refunded certain fees. Most other companies refund these fees as a courtesy to renters if they have to cancel. Make sure to use the Vrbo fee calculator to see how expensive these add-ons would be for your vacation.

The Bottom Line

Vrbo has over one million vacation rental options, so you are bound to find a rental that works well for you. If possible, try to find a vacation rental you feel is secure so you can possibly skip out on those extra insurance fees.

2.4

Anne Sainsbury Orem, UT

Vrbo saved us on our Honeymoon. We wanted to have our own space and be able to cook without having to pay for a super expensive hotel. We were able to find a very nicely priced Vrbo right in the area that we were looking to stay that had a kitchen and the owner was the sweetest woman! Booking the rental was easy and we felt that all of the details were laid out well online. We knew about all of the fees that would be charged for cleaning, etc and everything went according to plan. Would definitely recommend using this service!

Robyn Brady Kent, OH

We have used VRBO for trips to New York City, St. Thomas, and Myrtle Beach. Great security and easy to get in touch with owners. I feel very secure using this to find some great homes in other areas. Makes travel much more fun!

Em Mil Fort Worth, TX

We booked the original stay 2 weeks in advance, flew to our destination, and then at 3:59 pm (1 minute before check-in) our host cancels. We were on the phone with customer support, on hold that is, for over an hour trying to get help with the situation and find another stay. (YOU CANNOT BOOK THE SAME DAY THROUGH VRBO) So either way, we were screwed for the first night. We thought we lucked out by finding another Vrbo listing and the owner said we could arrive a day early no problem. What a relief... Only to arrive after dinner and find that there were already people staying there, so we left... and the owner wanted to refund only 50% of the $1,300 bill even though we were no longer able to stay there. My boyfriend and his army vet brother ended up having to get two hotel rooms at a Holiday Inn instead. After the second bad experience, I started writing reviews to warn people and he is still on the phone with support... going on 58 minutes. Not only that, but the refund is not immediate... it will take several days to get the $2,000+ back which will be hindering our overall vacation. I don't understand how this 'company' is in business at all. Terrible experience. We will stick to hotels in the future. It's not worth the stress of not knowing if you have a place to sleep when you get off the airplane.

JOHN M CAMPBELL ,

I just started to use Vrbo this year. I rented a place in the Thousand Islands, NY area and changed my mind several times, necessitating that cancellations & new reservations needed changing. There was never a problem doing either. The customer service they provided was terrific. I plan to use them for my 2022 vacation next!

Leonard Thompson Show Low, AZ

I have used a Vrbo a few times and each time it has gone well. The places have been exactly as listed and we have had no problems. It has been nice to have a great site that runs smoothly, explains things well, and is an easy transaction.

Karli American Fork, UT

Vrbo is a great resource for finding affordable vacation housing and we use it all the time! Every time we have booked through them, the experience has been pleasant, the unit well taken care of, and overall a great experience.

Jen Burt Herriman, UT

I have loved almost every place we've every rented through VRBO. We usually always have a kitchen which also helps to make travelling easier. I feel like we always get better places when we use VRBO as opposed to staying in hotels.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I like searching for vacation getaways through this website and app. You can view the options and adjust them to your needs which is perfect!

J W West Lafayette, IN

If you have no issues with the property, VRBO is fine. If there are ANY issues, you are out of luck (unless your travelers insurance covers the issue). VRBO is basically non-existant if there are any problems - all they care about is that you made the payment, after that, everything is between you and the property owner. I would STRONGLY recommend that if you find a property you like on VRBO, that you try and search for the same property on other websites; ones which actually help and suport the travelers. As the name of the company states, VRBO is vacation rental by OWNER. The owner has final say in everything once you have paid for the reservation.

Morgan Knight Salt Lake City, UT

Had an amazing experience with VRBO! Rented a beautiful home in Austin Texas for a girls weekend, and the property was incredible! The interface with the app made communication with the host easy and check in and check out through the app and website was great too! The properties listed on VRBO are a level above other home rental sites!

Amy Barrus Sandy, UT

Vrbo is a great tool for vacations. It is user-friendly and helps us find great stays that accommodate our large family. I like the ability to request amenities such as a hot tub and other additions to the stay to make it fun for the children. We used a Vrbo rental for a vacation in Moab. We had a great time and had a hot tub, basketball, ping pong, and football on-site. The family loved the stay and wanted to go back. I had some questions, and the property owner responded promptly and thoroughly.

Crystal Logan, UT

I like the option to find alternatives to staying in a hotel. Recently we were needing to stay in a small town where most of the hotels had been booked for a sporting event. I looked up and was surprised to find several vrbo options. We stayed in a nice, well lite basement for less than we would have if we stayed in a run down motel.

Leeta Orem, UT

We used this service on two different occasions for family reunions. We were very pleased with the results of our selections! Working with the service was very easy and the selections were all excellent. We received prompt response to issues and were very happy with the comfort of our choices. We will continue to use this service in future reunions!!

Disappointed! Bend, OR

Unable to get money back from trip planned prior to COVID. Flights and island canceled and yet VRBO does nothing. Their canned statement saying they encouraged the property owners to refund at least half fell on deaf ears when our property owner refused to even consider it. I was given the option to visit again at a later date for half the rate. But no refund to the sum of over $10k . Numerous complaints to VRBO and still they would do absolutely nothing. I don't feel that I should pay any money to either their fees or the property owners. Those owners had a mortgage to pay whether I was renting their space or not. Not only that, but regardless of having to cancel the trip, there was no way they could rent that place out to anyone else due to the pandemic. VRBO had every ability to force the property owners to refund funds and yet they would not. I absolutely, emphatically would never use this company for any travel plans. They DO NOT stand by the traveler. They are difficult to get on the phone, the customer service is contracted with people outside of the country and even if you leave messages to return the call, you never hear from them. DO NOT USE VRBO!

Rhea ,

I had just had a really bad experience with Airbnb (an issue mainly due to lack of cleanliness) so I decided to try Vrbo for the very first time. I finally found a space that was a new listing, but had one 5-star review so I figured I would be ok trying it out. I arrived 3 hours earlier than my check in time just to see the location of the house. I wasn’t happy with the location, since it felt unsafe for me as a woman on her own, to drive at night. However, after the bad experience at Airbnb, I really didn’t want to make a big deal of things or create any kind of conflict. I arrived and saw one woman, who I later found out was the owner of the house, cleaning. I stayed outside of the property for 15 minutes while I made a phone call, then decided to leave since I had arrived too early. I did notice that throughout my whole texting conversation with the owner she kept mentioning that she had a cleaning & repair crew that would go replace the washer (and that’s why I had to wait to check in until 4pm). I noticed the whole time I was there that I only saw her, one person, and thought it was odd that she had felt that it was necessary for her to lie about having a “cleaning crew”, but again, I didn’t want to create any conflict. I just needed a clean, safe space to spend 2 weeks in quarantine before heading home to my grandparents. When I finally checked in, the owner was still in the garage. I immediately felt uncomfortable that she was there at the property because I had been very specific about going out of my way to isolate before heading home to my 80-year old grandparents. Again, I didn’t make a big deal out of it. I also noticed that there was a washer and a large amount of trash right by the entrance. Not a good view, it immediately felt like a very lack-of-class move and like she didn’t’ even actually bother making the place look nice for her guest. Again, I didn’t say a word. The driveway and entryway were full of dead leaves, grass was overgrown, it just felt cheap and like the owner had not even made a small effort to make the place look decent for me. I walked inside and took a quick tour of the place just to check if I saw anything crazy. 1. Kitchen zinc still had a piece of cilantro on the side. (Not a big deal, but big warning flag that maybe she had not cleaned the space as well as she promised). 2. One of the toilets still had brown spots all over. I immediately took a picture, since I’m assuming that was feces that she didn’t bother to clean. I went to the other bathroom and even though it wasn’t super clean, I didn’t see any feces so I decided to just use that one. I didn’t want to create conflict and I brought my own cleaning supplies so I figured I could clean myself. I went back outside and started unpacking. She was still there for another 2 hours in the garage, which she said she used as storage. Again, I didn’t make a big deal about it. But it did bother me that I felt that she was invading my space. I know that it is her property, but I had paid a lot of money just to have privacy and it felt like she wasn’t respecting my space. It felt intrusive. Since day 1 I wasn’t able to sleep well because there was a very loud noise coming from outside or the walls right by the bedroom. Eventually I got up and searched for an animal outside or in between the plants but I wasn’t able to find anything. The noise kept on going and I was just so tired that I passed out and didn’t find out what it was. Next morning, I woke up and tried to watch the TV. It wasn’t working. I texted the owner and she was nice enough to come take a look. I asked her to please stay outside since I was quarantining. She did stay outside for 30 minutes but since she wasn’t able to fix the TV, she eventually came in. Again, I didn’t feel comfortable having her come inside, but I wanted to have a TV, so I allowed her to come in and stayed in my car for a little over an hour until she fixed it. I thanked her for helping me solve it and for wearing a mask like I had requested, but I did feel disappointed that she had not had the TV and space fully ready before my arrival and that I had to allow her into the home, when the whole purpose of me renting that space was to be able to avoid any kind of human contact. That night, I couldn’t sleep again with the animal noises, but she had been annoying the last time she was there, and I didn’t want to unintentionally open another window for her to come back in again, so I didn’t text her about it. About 2 days after this, there was a tornado warning and the alarms were ringing. I had not experienced this before and I immediately texted her since I didn’t know where to seek shelter or what to do. She only responded after the alarms and alerts were over. I understand that she doesn’t control the weather. However, I was disappointed that as a Vrbo Host, she didn’t have a safety manual or some kind of guideline letting people who didn’t grow up in the area know what to do in case of a tornado. Apparently, it was tornado season in Irving, TX so she would have been aware that a tornado was likely to happen. Up to this point, it’s all issues that bothered me but since I don’t like to create conflict, I simply let them go. However, the real horror story starts on Sunday, Nov. 29. I was very cold that day and decided to turn up the heater. I pressed the heater about 6 times but the temperature wouldn’t stay at 76, so I decided to text the owner very politely and ask her if the thermostat was working. Long story short, she went completely crazy after this. She started sending me screenshots of the current temperature of the home; that’s when I realized that she could see and control the temperature of the home from her phone. It’s not that the thermostat wasn’t working, but every time I tried to put the temperature above 70 (this is in late November), she would immediately turn it off. Then she started texting me non stop for hours, like a completely crazy person. She texted that she would come to the home next day and fix the thermostat because it was broken. It wasn’t broken, she just wanted to set it up so that I wouldn’t be able to set up the temperature at any point higher than 70. I was freezing and upset that I had paid so much money and this crazy lady didn’t even let me turn on the heater. In addition, she started sending me nonstop screenshots all evening and night letting me know that she was monitoring the temperature. She started sending me condescending texts saying that if I didn’t take care of the energy there wouldn’t be anything left for our children. I was in shock and immediately called Vrbo at least 20 times throughout the night because I kept on getting transferred and/or disconnected every single time. At one point I was even considering calling the cops because I honestly got so freaked out by her constant texts. At one point I begged her twice to stop texting/sending messages through the app. because I had to wake up early next day to work and she was still texting me screenshots of the temperature after midnight. She also kept on saying that she was going to show up next morning to “fix” the thermostat even though I very politely asked her to please not come during the day since I was busy working from home and in meetings and that I was also trying to quarantine. That’s when she proceeded to threaten me and tell me that she was going to just cancel my reservation and not issue a refund if I couldn’t keep the temperature under 70 degrees. She also said that I was lying and not quarantining because SHE HAD FOOTAGE of my boyfriend coming to visit me one night. I was creeped out, I felt like my privacy was being disrespected, the way she stated it as “having footage” really made me feel like I was being watched and it was such a disrespectful and condescending way to address a guest. I was shocked! I don’t know why I proceeded to politely explain that he was also quarantining, when it was none of her business. She was so offensive and I honestly felt a little threatened that if I said the wrong thing she would just show up. Her constant texts at that time of day and her previous behaviors the few times I had observed her in person made me feel like she wasn’t very balanced psychologically and I just didn’t’ want to risk it. I called Vrbo and let them know about the situation. One of their representatives even suggested I call the cops when I released access to the conversation that (thank God) was mostly texted through the app. However, with my plan to quarantine and how uncomfortable I was staying there and thinking about not wanting to trigger a psychologically unbalanced person, I let Vrbo know at 3 am Monday morning, November 30 that I was in the process of packing and I was going to leave first thing in the morning. I explained the situation, gave them access to the conversation, told them if she texted me one more time I would file a police report, and demanded a refund ONLY for the nights that I wouldn’t be staying there. I got one hour of sleep that night and at 6am packed everything into my car and left the property. While I was on the road driving for 10 hours, she started texting me. When I got a chance to stop at a gas station I simply blocked her number. This has honestly been the worst experience of my life. One could argue that I overreacted but as a woman alone (my boyfriend lives in another city 2 hours away from Irving, TX) a woman of color, a foreigner in Texas, I really didn’t want to risk it with the current social and political climate with someone clearly psychologically unbalanced. I consider writing reviews or complaints a waste of time. However, I am taking the time to write this because I’m in shock and I truly believe this situation was completely unfair and unethical. I felt threatened and Verbo not only was completely useless, but they’re still refusing to issue a refund for the transaction. This has been the worst experience of my life and no one that crazy and disrespectful should be allowed to rent/manage their property on any of these platforms and, most importantly, Vrbo shouldn’t be allowed to simply get away with horrible hosts, terrible bad customer service, and just keep my money without a fight when it’s simply unfair. I’m not even being unreasonable in spite of all the issues and requesting a full refund. I’m requesting the bare minimum, which is a refund for the 7 nights that I didn’t get to stay in the property because the owner made me feel threatened and a refund for the cleaning fee since she didn’t even bother cleaning the feces from one of the toilets. I’m still in shock and it’s unbelievable that businesses allow these situations to happen. Hopefully by submitting this to the Better Business Bureau, Vrbo will conduct an investigation and stop allowing her to rent or at least manage the property herself because she’s not equipped to do so with her disrespectful, controlling, condescending and threatening ways. Vrbo should also be investigated for not reacting properly, proving absolutely terrible customer service (I counted at least 30 phone calls within a 24 hour period and they were completely unable to help me in any way. I also kept on getting (perhaps intentionally?) disconnected and placed on hold at least 20 times) and for not accepting to issue a refund in a situation like this. Most importantly, I hope other consumers learn from my experience and decide to use a hotel instead of Vrbo. I will never use their services again and have already told my coworkers, family members and friends about this terrible experience. Unfair business practices should not be allowed and at least I wanted to fulfill my civic duty and report this owner/host, this company and share my terrible experience. Thank you for your time!

Becky Gilbert, AZ

I have loved using vrbo. It makes vacationing so much nicer! They have added extra fees which is lame. We have also used vrbo to rent our vacation home out, which was really great.

Margaret Beus Richland, WA

I have used VRBO to find venues for family reunions. It is very convenient but when I used it a few weeks ago, I was disappointed in the service fee. They are charging more than seems reasonable for the service one receives. The fee is making me reconsider using them.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

I have always had a very positive experience with Vrbo. We used it in Utah when my son got married and also in Colorado and Washington. No complaints. Acomidations were always wonderful and i feel i can trust them.

J Finnell Georgetown, TX

It was a great vacation. The only negative was the miniature coffee pot that did not make but two cups. The coffee did not get hot or stay hot while making. It did not meet the standards of the rest of the rental. Thank you. Never a customer of turnkey but Vrbo yes.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

VRBO is awesome. As new industries develop, VRBO has become a safe and trusted property rental source. It offers great properties, good on terms, contracts are easy, and communication with property owners is simple. I love using VRBO for the vast selection in properties available for any event or vacation.

Joyce Harrington Lompoc, CA

vrbo.com is the industry leader and standard. I have been with them for 15 years.....4 different properties through the years in two states and two countries. No one produces results that come close to vrbo. I have seen the evolution, growth, change they have gone through and responded to. Thank you for all my bookings - don't know what I would have done with out you vrbo!

Donna Retchless Vancouver, WA

We have used VRBO for several years! They show the property accurately and list numbers and information for the owners. Pricing is listed and insurance is available and usually have several units at a complex listed. We don't look anywhere else!!

Deborah Turner Fowler Decatur, AL

I have used VRBO for several years now to find vacation homes and properties to rent. We usually have more than 5 going with us, so we cannot use hotel room...it would cost too much to pay for more than one room a night...SO for us, it is much better to get a whole house or condo...with plenty of room, a kitchen, grilling area, and our own porch. Also, it is great for larger gatherings of family members!

jf horton Reno, NV

Horrible company. Reviews at their website are FAKE! Had a terrible experience in Julien, California. No response from VRBO or property owner. Do not do business with this company.

Bill Brown Taylors, SC

I made a reservation with VRBO in Sept, 2019 on a listing by Better Beach Rentals, Oak Island, NC and made a payment. COVID hit in March. In April I contacted them and they said send a letter and cancellation and I would get a full refund. I sent the letter and received a verification on May 20th, 2020. I have had to follow up continuously since then. It is Nov, 2020 and I am still trying to get my refund. BBR says they never got the money from VRBO and VRBO says they sent the money to BBR. All I know is that it came out of my account.

Adam Labrum ,

When planning a family reunion with a lot of family members, this app made it easy to find the place that fit our needs.

Randy Rhodes Alpine, UT

Makes it so easy to filter and find a vacation place to stay. Managers get back quickly and it works great with a bigger group.

Unhappy , WI

Terrible company. First I rented and paid for a Hawaii rental- got a confirmation number. Then 3 days later said price was wrong so had to pay more!!?? Vrbo would not budge to meeting in the middle or taking the blame and giving us the listed price or the responsibility for messing up! Just said find another one! Now I found a place to rent for next summer paid for it and received confirmation it was booked. The next day I got man email saying it’s not available so find another one basically! The dates were out there!!! Now I am stuck again without a place It was hard to find in the first place. What is the deal with VRBO?!? It sucks lately. Vacations are being ruined!!!!!!!

Ajay Patel Southlake, TX

Great selection of homes at great prices. I was not a big fan of their COVID policy. I had to give up half of my deposit because i was not able to travel during my booking secondary to COVID.

Scott A. Johnson Orem, UT

Vrbo is a competitor of Airbnb and has similar listings. It has many of the same properties as Airbnb. My main complaint is that it is difficult to find your reservations on the website.

Sarah Fayetteville, AR

Vrbo makes searching for vacation rentals super easy. I used Vrbo to rent a beach house last summer, and the customer service was super helpful when I needed anything. Will definitely use again!

Janalee Nielson Smithfield, UT

Vrbo has always been my go-to when looking to book a place for a group when traveling. I have used it many times. However, over the years the fees have increased extraordinarily to the point that the add a huge amount to the total cost.

Julie Earl Magna, UT

We always use VRBO when traveling with our family. We can always find a property that will work for our wants and needs. Highly recommend this vacation rental platform!

Cjorduno Logan, UT

I have used VRBO many times to book my vacation rentals! The process was easy and secure and I would reccomend it to anyone looking for a great rental!

Ed Crimmins Springboro, OH

The booking experience went smooth and the property owner was great to work with. We had a great rental experience. My dissatisfaction is with VRBO's policy that limits the time I can post a review. I am a busy person and the review was not a top priority. When I dedicated time for the review, about 5 weeks after my stay, VRBO gave me a message that my ability to write a review had expired. I called customer service, who contacted the property owner, The property owner was great to work with again, but could not over ride the VRBO policy. I just got off the phone again with VRBO customer Service and Mark reiterated the policy. I asked them to over ride the policy, but they would not. My property experience was great, but my VRBO experience was terrible. VRBO does not know how to take care of customers who have simple requests.

Evelyn Watson Little Falls, NJ

I have used VRBO my first time, I had to go to Florida for a family reunion, it was wonderful to rent a home for the amount of time I stayed and I would do again. I had everything I needed for my vacation. Thank You!!!

Lois Viars Sevierville, TN

I have vacation rental property listed with VRBO and also have rented vacation property through their site IMHO they are # 1 in customer service..highly recommend to everyone... Totally 100% pleasure to do business with...

Annie Moffitt Mcminnville, TN

I was referred to you through a friend. We have not took the trip yet but have it booked. The condo owner has been very helpful and it was easy to work with the company to complete the arrangements for payment. I found a good variety of condo's to match my needs and it was easy to search your site. I will follow up after our vacation. Annie

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

Last summer we used VRBO to find a vacation rental in close proximity to another home. We were able to find one the next street over. It was the perfect location and size. The home was beautiful and clean and within walking distance of the area we needed to be in.

Kbb Avondale, AZ

This is the best way to find accommodations for large families. And I love that there are prive points for every budget

Mason Allen Provo, UT

I like that VRBO has an easy platform and a lot of different places to look at. It is quite easy to find somewhere to stay on this site.

Carol Knight Salt Lake City, UT

I always like to review what listings Vrbo has when I am looking for vacation rentals. It is a great site for comparing prices and finding the best fit for our family.

Melissa Giddings Logan, UT

My family stayed in Arizona and it was great. My experience with getting into the house was very easy. Finding the house, paying went well.

Leisha Logan, UT

We have used VRBO to rent out our own property!! It’s a great way to get your rental seen. They are great to work with.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

We used Vrbo for our family reunion and the site was very easy to use with lots of great options. The transactions were very smooth.

Dee Ashcroft Logan, UT

We have used VRBO for a number of vacations. We have found the reviews honest and therefore we have been happy to get what we expected

Yani Fazio Fort Lauderdale, FL

As per Government orders & Global pandemic dictates, we cannot travel. VRBO & Owner refuses to change our travel dates or refund or help out at all. After connecting with THOUSAND upon THOUSANDS of other travelers online in the same situation, it is clear that VRBO does NOT care about public safety and is more concerned about short term money gains versus long term reputation. This will be the end of them. AIRBNB did the right thing and changed their policy to serve their customer base in this emergency. Does VRBO think they are immune to social media? The airlines refunded us, the tours we booked were no problem, the ski resorts, the lifts, the rentals, the car rental company, etc. VRBO is the only one giving us problems. We are currently out $5k! We have saved for years for this. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER BASE. WE WILL NEVER EVER BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN, AND WILL CONTINUE TO SPREAD THE WORD.

MSDavis Atlanta, GA

We rented property in Galveston, TX over a month ago. The property owner did NOT send us the code to enter the property. We call her all night long, with only options was sleep in our rented vehicle or pay last minute price for a hotel. We opted to pay for the hotel, assuming the owner would offer to at least reimburse since it was her fault completely. We owner finally contacted us the next morning with the code. Upon arriving at her property, while watching TV in the bedroom, the 9'TV picture turns off but the audio is still there. NOPE no timer is set and nothing in the setting was set either. We for her to reimburse for our hotel room, she informed us that she wasn't making any profit on the property...BLAH BLAH. Our nightly rate at her property was $68.33 and she offered to refund $65...HOW is that acceptable? I want Cleaning, Service Charge and Taxes reimbursed since we did NOT stay the three (3) nights we paid for. We have contact VRBO numerous times with no explanation or resolution. I travel at least 4 times a year and will never use VRBO again. Do your research, check and double check there are people that refused to do what is right so I publicly let other know.

Lori A Townsend San Antonio, TX

VRBO withholding guests $3000 security deposit for 40 days! I have been an owner advertising on VRBO since 2001. Customer service is ABSENT for owners and renters. I rented to a repeat guest over Christmas. The guest paid a $3000 security deposit held by VRBO. As of today, over 40 days later, the guest has still not received their refundable deposit back. I have made 5 calls to VRBO and my guest has made 7 calls to VRBO and they continue to tell us there is a problem with the system. I have asked for a supervisor to call me 5 times and no one has called. VRBO is ruining my rental business. Do no use VRBO, they have no customer service.

Troy Farrell

I booked a condo in Asheville NC on Oct 29th for the month of November. condo was available on line and VRBO accepted my money for the monthly rent. I called the owner - property manager on Oct 30th for the access and he told me that condo has been rented till March!!. it has been 2 weeks now, i am calling VRBO everyday to collect my money back, explain everything from scratch to call center employees everyday, so far no real action taken. The owner took the property off the web site, sent a message to me and them saying he doesn't work with VRBO anymore and VRBO is saying they still need to talk to him before they pay my money back.!!!! Horrible set up, worst call center. DON'T USE VRBO OR HOME AWAY!! AirBnB is way better.