VacationRentals.com helps individuals and families find rental properties all over the United States. With over a million rentals, users can quickly sort through filters to find the best properties at reasonable rates. VacationRentals.com is part of the HomeAway family. These sister brands include: HomeAway, VRBO, Homelidays, OwnersDirect, Abritel Homeaway, FeWo-direkt, Toprural, bookabach, stayz, travelmob, and Alugue Temporada.

Airbnb chevron_right
2.8
VRBO chevron_right
1.1
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border
Tripz.com chevron_right

The Good

• Vacation rental protection
  • Accommodation options
  • Mobile app

VacationRentals.com allows users to choose from millions of rentals all over the country. They are found in virtually every state in the U.S. They take the uncertainty out of booking vacation homes as they verify all listings to make sure they are safe and secure deals and reservations.

In order to protect renters, VacationRentals.com provides vacation rental protection. It is available at an extra charge directly on their site. This travel protection is compatible with HomeAway.com, VRBO, and VacationRentals.com. It ensures that a traveler's money that is spent on the rental is covered. Depending on what option is selected, travelers can take advantage of the cancellation protection and damage protection. These services are broken down as follows:

• Cancellation Protection - when something comes up and a reservation cannot be kept, this form of protection will refund the money spent on the rental
  • Damage protection - this form of protection protects against expenses incurred if the traveler or their party accidentally damages a vacation rental.

VacationRentals.com is part of a family of vacation websites that make booking travel accommodations simple and fast. They try to help travelers find the perfect accommodations at a reasonable rate per night. They specialize in group booking and can save hundreds. Other benefits of using the VacationRentals.com platform include the following:

1. Access to over 1 million rentals - travelers can view and book millions of varying vacation rentals
  2. Secure booking - users can book with confidence with secure payments
  3. Unique accommodations - instead of staying in a standard hotel, take advantage of the additional space and privacy that comes with a rental home

Users can also take advantage of VacationRentals.com comprehensive mobile app. Not only can users easily search and browse prospective accommodations, they can also book and subsequently manage their reservation all from their mobile device. Download is available for free on iOS and Android devices. It is compatible with some tablets on those operating systems as well.

The Bad

• Additional fees
  • Renting a property can be difficult

VacationRentals.com does charge a service fee. Users do not need to purchase a monthly membership or anything like that. In fact, to view rental homes, it is entirely free to everyone. The service fee comes into play when a reservation is actually confirmed. On behalf of both the renter and the property owner, a percentage of the booking costs is charged and must be paid by both parties.

Booking a vacation rental on VacationRentals.com is easy. All a user needs to do is enter their destination and date, select the book it now option, and pay. However, when renting a property, the process is a bit more difficult. Those that list their property on VacationRentals.com will need to follow this process:

1. Identify the subscription that works best for the listing
  2. Set up payments to make it easy for travelers to book and pay; typically the platform handles this for property owners, but instead that responsibility falls on the shoulders of the property owner/manager
  3. Create the listing to showcase all the property has to offer

When a booking is confirmed, there is a service charge as well. The ability to advertise or become featured on VacationRentals.com can be a bit expensive for property owners/managers as well. All of the requirements and costs should be considered before listing a property.

The Bottom Line

VacationRentals.com provides a comprehensive resource for those hoping to conduct some research and make reservations for vacation rental. All transactions are done online and backed by their secure payment guarantee. That being said, for those who want to travel outside of the United States, another platform would probably suit those needs better. Those that take advantage of the VacationRentals.com platform can expect the following from the service:

1. Over 1 million rentals available
  6. Service fee charged when booking is confirmed

1.0

Robert Johnston
June 26th, 2018 New Smyrna Beach, FL DETAILS

This company goes by several aliases. In this case it started out as VRBO then VacationRentals.com as a request for a few days in August - Sept, 2018. Small print says VRBO, VacationRentals is part of the HomeAway "Family". Next, a deposit was obtained on my American Express card in the amount of $3559.71. The transaction then showed up on my AE account as YPS-HomeAway but the receipt revealed a company called Yapstone, Walnut Creek, CA. Below is the summary of the transaction, once I got the reported owner involved: Dr. Cohen. He, or his representative, took $3559.71 of my money, via American Express credit card, as confirmation of a rental date in August, 2018. When I tried to confirm the contract, Dr. Cohen denied knowledge of the transaction and asked me for a confirmation number. I told Dr. Cohen that I would call him back with the number. I called him back one day later, today, June 26, 2018 with the confirmation and he told me "the transaction was cancelled. I don't have time to talk to you and hung up". So, yesterday he denied knowledge, today he says he cancelled the transaction. I can only speculate that Dr. Cohen probably had no knowledge of what these scammers were doing on his behalf. How Dr. Cohen found out about the transaction is unknown to me because he refused to answer my questions. Thank goodness for American Express.

Jairo Moya
October 5th, 2017

I made a reservation in that site VACATION RENTAL in the date of 06 Sep. and received an e-mail with the confirmation but always thinking that the reservation of property Panania, New South Wales. They charge my credit card in the amount of $ 814.00 The property that I made the reservation when I open the icon My Trip in the website VACATIONRENTALS.COM, appear as Panania, New South Wales However, I received the information that this reservation located in Victoria Melbourne within the name of 99 Marigold Cres, Gowanbrae VIC 3043 I received one e-mail from the company SERVICED HOUSES asking me to confirm my reservation in 99 Marigold Cres, Gowanbrae VIC 3043. I didn´t make this reservation. I called them to cancel the reservation and was informed that just the VacationRentals can cancel and refund my credit card. I ask them to cancel the reservation and refund my credit card. Travelmob refunds me AU$ 502,00 from the total of AU$ 814.00 on 22 Sep, and for the rest of refund they answer with below: Please assist to reach out to Vacation Rentals to assist you further on the refund as the discrepancy was from the site; we have reported to them on the issue. the following is the URL link for you to contact them and liaise further. VacationRentals.com I send to Vacation Rentals many emails but no answer, even they know it was their mistake. Vacation Rentals understand that mistake is on their website, but don´t refund the remaining US$ 312.00 of my credit card. THEY MADE A MISTAKE BUT DON´T REFUND THE MONEY. HOW THEY SAY: STAY AWAY !!!