Evergreen club is a network of bed & breakfast home-stays for travelers 50-years-old and older. They cater to travelers who enjoy personal contact while they travel and are interested in life and eager to expand their horizons. Their home-stays are not costly commercial B&Bs but down-to-earth, cozy guest rooms in private homes with people who love to meet and greet.
Evergreen boasts enriching experiences in private homes for under $25 a day for two.
- Inexpensive accommodations
- Friendly service
- Profile information
For those planning to go on the road, Evergreen's bed and breakfast network gives travelers access to nearly 2,000 friendly, economical homestays throughout the United States and Canada. Each visit includes a warm welcome, a comfortable rest, and a breakfast along with surefire tips on local eateries and places of interest.
Room rates are also a draw to the service. The gratuity covers your host's out-of-pocket expenses ($20/day for two). Property owners can add their spare guest room to this hospitality network free of charge as well. Other benefits of the Evergreen club include:
- Every accommodation is a private home. There are no costly, commercial B&B inns; members share their homes because it is a practical way to travel.
- Evergreen charges its customers $75/year for a membership and promises lodging for under $25 a day for two.
- Since members stay with hosts in their homes, hosts are usually very friendly and accommodating. They provide a hearty breakfast every morning and an hour or so of friendly conversation designed to help travelers get acquainted and learn about the area. Guests are expected to plan daily activities outside the home so hosts can carry on their normal routine.
- Evergreen Club provides an exclusive community for travelers and hosts who are at least 50 years old. Members can be sure their hosts and guests will be similar to them in age, interests, and life style.
- When members search through host accommodations, they are given details about the host's home, contact information, interests, and more.
- Members only
- Age limit
- Contact information
There are drawbacks to the service as well. The business model is set up differently than other providers so there are missing features, which include:
- Users are not able to search lodgings unless they have already created a member account. Once they become a member, they are able to access membership profiles to obtain current information about each accommodation.
- Evergreen Club is limited to travelers and hosts who are at least 50 years old.
- Evergreen Club only offers accommodations in the United States and Canada.
- Since travelers stay with hosts in their private homes, they have little privacy. This may be a positive feature for travelers who enjoy the company of others while traveling.
- Guests are only able to contact hosts through an email form on the site. For members who don't use the Internet, they can be sent a print directory of hosts that is published twice a year.
Guest and Host
- Evergreen members have to be willing to be travelers and hosts. When filling out their membership profile, they are required to enter their home information so potential travelers can stay with them.
- It is not required for members to include pictures of themselves or their home, so some travelers will not know what the home looks like before they arrive.