TurnKey

TurnKey Logo

TurnKey

Unverified Profile

Company has not yet verified this profile. We recommend researching the top companies shown below:

Alexandra O'Leary
July 6th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Cancelled my original booking exactly one month before the trip with all parties flying in from out of state. All the other options they gave us were less than average because that's all that was left but they advertised the updated house as sleeping 8 except it slept 5. Through every step of this process, they either fully would not respond to the texts they urge users to utilize, leaving me to call numerous times to figure out what was happening with the rental. If I could give zero stars I would.

RyRosado87
April 24th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS

I'd hate to give the listing Turnkey manages in San Diego a poor review since it’s in a nice location but unfortunately, the property management company, Turnkey, did an exceptionally poor job making sure this overall experience went well (not the couple that uses them to manage their listing). Upon arriving at the unit, my partner and I were unable to enter the unit because the keypad lock would not work (after traveling for 6 hours from the East Coast this was a bit frustrating). We struggled for a bit and then called Turnkey customer service. It took several attempts for the keypad to work correctly before being able to enter the unit. This took roughly 45 minutes standing outside. Once we entered the unit, basic amenities were not prepared for guests including dirty dishes in the dishwasher, no trash bag in the trash can, a bed that sunk and felt like it was about to break and dusty furniture. The only pluses from this unit included it being in a nice location and being spacious with nice AV equipment. I wanted to give Turnkey the benefit of the doubt before leaving my review, so I called them to sort out the chaotic check-in experience I had at the unit. However, I received an incredibly rude and non-understanding experience when explaining this to Turnkey customer service. I was evaluated on my discomfort and inconvenience by the number of minutes and seconds my partner and I were kept waiting outside the unit to have the keypad work correctly and also told the basic standards of the amenities were not valid concerns (valid concerns would be plumbing or electricity not working). I had to ask repeatedly to speak to the manager on duty and initially was told I would receive only an apology for the ill-prepared unit we stayed in. They ended up giving me 10% back for the total cost of our stay since they felt that was the appropriate amount for how long and how badly we were inconvenienced. Renters should also be aware of the very strict cancellation policy they hold. I originally wanted to cancel this reservation but I would lose $500+ if I did so. I had to request Airbnb to assign a case manager for my cancellation inquiry but wasn’t able to get it resolved before other listings were booked up. As a result, I ended up with a unit I never wanted to stay in. Buyer beware. I feel extremely bad for the couple that offered their home to Turnkey to manage, since the lack of acceptable management was not their fault but the property management company they entrusted to treat their guests well. I have researched this has been the case for other Airbnb renters that use Turnkey, which results in their property being given low ratings. Moving forward, I will not book any listings that use Turnkey to manage the property. Buyer beware. Update: Shortly after posting my review, Turnkey reach out to me and offered me additional compensation for my inconvenience. I appreciate the manner to which they tried to reconcile my issues.

Barry Garrison
December 11th, 2017 Westmoreland, TN DETAILS

My wife and I rented a private pool home from turnkey in October through Vrbo. I have used Vrbo several times and I have never had any problems. Vrbo has been great to work with. This time though, we delt with turnkey who was advertising through Vrbo which I did not realize at first. So my wife and I and our 2 dogs drove 14 hours which took 2 days due to the dogs that were traveling with us. When we arrived we noticed a small building right next to the house we was renting. I walked to the door of the small building and seen that someone was staying in it. We went into the house to find that we was sharing a pool with this smaller unit. This is not what they advertised. We contacted turnkey and they said they would try to find us another house. Long story short and 4 hours later, we were on our own and had to stay in a hotel. It was a nightmare sitting in a walmart parking lot thinking they were trying to help us and the whole time they only had 2 houses available that were pet friendly in the area. We waited all that time because they told us they would fix this for us. It never happened but they did refund our money but I had no access to it because we were 1000 miles from home. Our trip was totally ruined by turnkey.I will never use turnkey again!