Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Company has not yet verified this profile. We recommend researching the top companies shown below:

Evolve Vacation Rental Network Logo Evolve Vacation Rental Network ›

9.7

Overall
Score

Real Property Management Logo Real Property Management ›

Southern Vacation Rentals Logo Southern Vacation Rentals ›

TurnKey Logo TurnKey ›

Lance Rogers
December 21st, 2018 Cypress, TX DETAILS

Stayed at a house in Galveston. The house was semi clean upon arrival. While checking everything I found that several storm shutters were missing and 2 on back side looking out to the beach would not open at all, 1 in the master bedroom would not open. They left the gas grill with 2 empty propane tanks, making the grill useless until late Thursday night. The lights for the deck did not work, which meant you could not eat or even enjoy the deck after dark. None of the lights worked in the master bedroom. The 200 lb metal gate they had installed from covered parking area to stairs of house had a broken hinge at the top, fell barely missing us. I had to use a plastic chain to hold the gate up against the wall so that it did not completely break or fall on anyone. 2 of the ceilings fans did not work until I found numerous remotes and reprogrammed them. One of the AC/Furnace units had a short and froze up. Took 12 hours to get someone to come out and fix it, leaving 3 bedrooms at 55 degrees with the temperature being high 40 outside. Once unit was fixed I had to pick all the ice up that was dropping from the main flow line onto the floor and melting leaving a mess. It took 1.5 hours to scramble 6 eggs due to 75 percent of the burners on stove top did not work and the ones that did would not get hot enough to cook. Advertised that the home had 2 fireplaces one in master bedroom and the other in downstairs living area, found out that the gas line for the fireplaces were completely rotted out so neither of the fireplaces worked. While staying at the house the rotten gas line fell off the house and blocked the beach access gate. Luckily no one happened to be walking through the gate at the time. I found air filters stored around the water heater in a small closet. Several safety hazards that were never address or fixed during our stay. I contacted TurnKey three separate times and received I’m really sorry but we will get someone to call you back shortly, so we can get them out there to fix the problems. Each time I never received a call back from anyone in maintenance or the Service Manager Ashley H. I did find out that Mrs. H made notes in the case stating she called me. This is untrue I was never contacted by her or anyone to come out and take care of any of the issues. I found that this company and the people they have working for them do not care about the customers or the homeowners, due to leaving the door wide open for a homeowner to be sued.

christine
November 15th, 2018 Racine, WI DETAILS

Turnkey is Horrible! When we arrived at a rental in Cape Coral,Fl. The pool was not heated,(as it said in the description)It looked nothing like the picture(landscaped with sunshine coming into pool) we couldnt even see the sun with all the trees! There was dirt And hair on the bed sheets and pillows , there were bugs on the counters,in the bathrooms and on the walls, the keurig had old water in it and black mold inside. When we called turnkey, we got the run around forhours as they lied and said they were going to find us another rental,, but after a couple of hours still trying to get us to stay after we told them over and over we are not staying in that filthy place! they finally... Over 3 hours later, said they would refund the money and now its after 6 in the evening and where are we suppoae to go?!We had to call at least 3 different times and they kept putting us off to another person.. I will Never rent a place from turnkey again!

Sue Berry
October 30th, 2018 Napa, CA

I called this morning to verify the address of a rental in Kings Beach, only to learn that my families Christmas plans are ruined. On 1/24/2018 I rented a home in Kings Beach CA for Christmas 2018 on the Turnkeys Vacation rental website. I received a confirmation number and when I entered my credit card information the screen populated a payment schedule showing a balance due today of 198.72 and the rest due 11/22/18 the only other information on the screen was that I could cancel the reservation on or before 1/27/18. Then the next screen thanked me for my booking and gave me a confirmation number. There was nothing on-line to indicate that I needed to take any additional action to complete the transaction. I called today to get the address and was told I did not have a reservation, that it had been canceled sometime the end of February, because I hadn't replied to an e-mail sent to the e-mail address I had entered on-line. Apparently, there were two e-mails sent and I never saw either one. When I didn't reply to the e-mails, one attempt was made to contact me by phone. As part of the on-line form I was asked for a phone number where I could be reached WHILE TRAVELING. That was the only number requested on the form. One voice mail was left at that number and then the reservation was canceled. No other attempt was made to contact me. They had my street address and could have sent snail mail. And of course, at this time they do have other rentals in the area, but none that I can afford. Was this just a poor business plan or a scam to get me to spend more money? Not once did the women on the phone own any of this and repeated to tell I was wrong. An apology for the confusion and lack of information would have been nice.

Alexandra O'Leary
July 6th, 2018 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

Cancelled my original booking exactly one month before the trip with all parties flying in from out of state. All the other options they gave us were less than average because that's all that was left but they advertised the updated house as sleeping 8 except it slept 5. Through every step of this process, they either fully would not respond to the texts they urge users to utilize, leaving me to call numerous times to figure out what was happening with the rental. If I could give zero stars I would.

RyRosado87
April 24th, 2018 Washington, DC DETAILS

I'd hate to give the listing Turnkey manages in San Diego a poor review since it’s in a nice location but unfortunately, the property management company, Turnkey, did an exceptionally poor job making sure this overall experience went well (not the couple that uses them to manage their listing). Upon arriving at the unit, my partner and I were unable to enter the unit because the keypad lock would not work (after traveling for 6 hours from the East Coast this was a bit frustrating). We struggled for a bit and then called Turnkey customer service. It took several attempts for the keypad to work correctly before being able to enter the unit. This took roughly 45 minutes standing outside. Once we entered the unit, basic amenities were not prepared for guests including dirty dishes in the dishwasher, no trash bag in the trash can, a bed that sunk and felt like it was about to break and dusty furniture. The only pluses from this unit included it being in a nice location and being spacious with nice AV equipment. I wanted to give Turnkey the benefit of the doubt before leaving my review, so I called them to sort out the chaotic check-in experience I had at the unit. However, I received an incredibly rude and non-understanding experience when explaining this to Turnkey customer service. I was evaluated on my discomfort and inconvenience by the number of minutes and seconds my partner and I were kept waiting outside the unit to have the keypad work correctly and also told the basic standards of the amenities were not valid concerns (valid concerns would be plumbing or electricity not working). I had to ask repeatedly to speak to the manager on duty and initially was told I would receive only an apology for the ill-prepared unit we stayed in. They ended up giving me 10% back for the total cost of our stay since they felt that was the appropriate amount for how long and how badly we were inconvenienced. Renters should also be aware of the very strict cancellation policy they hold. I originally wanted to cancel this reservation but I would lose $500+ if I did so. I had to request Airbnb to assign a case manager for my cancellation inquiry but wasn’t able to get it resolved before other listings were booked up. As a result, I ended up with a unit I never wanted to stay in. Buyer beware. I feel extremely bad for the couple that offered their home to Turnkey to manage, since the lack of acceptable management was not their fault but the property management company they entrusted to treat their guests well. I have researched this has been the case for other Airbnb renters that use Turnkey, which results in their property being given low ratings. Moving forward, I will not book any listings that use Turnkey to manage the property. Buyer beware. Update: Shortly after posting my review, Turnkey reach out to me and offered me additional compensation for my inconvenience. I appreciate the manner to which they tried to reconcile my issues.

Barry Garrison
December 11th, 2017 Westmoreland, TN DETAILS

My wife and I rented a private pool home from turnkey in October through Vrbo. I have used Vrbo several times and I have never had any problems. Vrbo has been great to work with. This time though, we delt with turnkey who was advertising through Vrbo which I did not realize at first. So my wife and I and our 2 dogs drove 14 hours which took 2 days due to the dogs that were traveling with us. When we arrived we noticed a small building right next to the house we was renting. I walked to the door of the small building and seen that someone was staying in it. We went into the house to find that we was sharing a pool with this smaller unit. This is not what they advertised. We contacted turnkey and they said they would try to find us another house. Long story short and 4 hours later, we were on our own and had to stay in a hotel. It was a nightmare sitting in a walmart parking lot thinking they were trying to help us and the whole time they only had 2 houses available that were pet friendly in the area. We waited all that time because they told us they would fix this for us. It never happened but they did refund our money but I had no access to it because we were 1000 miles from home. Our trip was totally ruined by turnkey.I will never use turnkey again!