TurnKey

7.8

LAST UPDATED: November 22nd, 2021

TurnKey Vacation Rentals provides travelers with the one-of-a-kind vacation rentals that offer the look and feel of a fine hotel. The company was launched in 2012 by John Banczak and T.J. Clark and has since grown in the past several years. Today, TurnKey Vacation Rentals is backed by a world-class team of investors and has a crew of over 400 employees.

TurnKey promises that each of its properties will offer first-rate amenities. Guests can also expect each property to be professionally cleaned and well-appointed.

TurnKey differs from the competition as the company uses local teams, expertise, and technology to ensure its guests have an amazing vacation experience.

Evolve Vacation Rental Logo
Southern Vacation Rentals Logo
Southern Vacation Rentals chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Popular Destinations
  • Partnered with Homes & Villas by Marriott International
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • Earn Passive Income

Popular Destinations

Whether travelers are looking for an oceanside oasis or a cozy cabin in the mountains, TurnKey has homes in the most popular vacation destinations in the United States. Using the search feature, travelers can find a vacation rental home in the city of their choosing. TurnKey has vacation homes in the following areas:

Arizona

• Park City

Washington

• North Puget
  • Seattle

This is not a full list of the vacation rentals that TurnKey offers, and travelers should check the website for the complete list.

Partnered with Homes & Villas by Marriott International

In order to keep up with rival companies, the world's largest hotel company, Marriott, is expanding its services into home-sharing. This year, Marriott partnered with TurnKey Vacation Rentals to provide even more luxury and premium properties.

Every property listing within Homes & Villas by Marriott International is reviewed by Marriott International's hospitality professionals — ensuring each property meets the hotel provider’s rigorous standards.

Staying at a property with Homes & Villas by Marriott International allows guests to earn and redeem points with Marriott Bonvoy.

24/7 Customer Support

TurnKey has a Guest Experience line that provides 24/7 customer support. In case travelers can't reach the local team (who proactively attend to each home), the support team works hard to resolve any possible issues.

Earn Passive Income

Those with properties in popular tourist destinations are likely to earn a profit from listing their property on TurnKey. The company's Revenue Guarantee claims that property owners will make at least $5,000 more in their first year with TurnKey.

TurnKey also promises property owners that the company will manage every aspect of their vacation rental for an industry-low commission rate — half the average rate of 35–50 percent.

The Bad

• Strict Cancellation Policy
  • Customer Reviews

Strict Cancellation Policy

All reservations that are made 11+ days in advance of check-in are fully refundable if the guest cancels within 72 hours of booking. After the cancellation period is over, all payments are non-refundable. If customers want the extra protection against the unexpected costs of cancellation, they'll have to purchase trip insurance.

Customer Reviews

According to several reviews left on BestCompany.com, the company has not kept its promise of professionally cleaning each property. Many customers have arrived at their destination and found the property in a less than a satisfactory state. Additionally, several customers have complained about the company's customer support. Several reviews claim the company representatives were unpleasant and didn't immediately respond to the issue.

The Bottom Line

TurnKey is an excellent option for those who like traveling but want the comfort of staying in a luxury hotel. The company has recently partnered with Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and members of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program can earn and redeem points with select TurnKey locations. However, the vacation rental company has a fairly strict cancellation policy, and if travelers want to protect themselves from hefty cancellation costs, they'll have to purchase trip insurance.

2.6

Ryan Tempone West Palm Beach, FL

Illume | Chic Music City Hideaway | Huge Balcony, Nashville Property ID 2025900 - We arrived and the unit was poorly maintained with scratches and scuffs on walls and floors which did not appear in rental presentation photographs. The top of the cabinets and refrigerator was filthy with dust. The icing on the cake was when my wife went to put her Apple Watch in the bedside table she found a bag of used sex toys and a used condom. We contacted Turnkey and notified them of the biohazardous and unacceptable conditions and requested a refund of the trip price thinking we would go elsewhere. There were plenty of other rental properties and hotels available that did not contain bodily fluid biohazards. Turnkey told us we would be contacted in one hour. No phone call. We called again during the trip and Turnkey said they were working on it. No phone call the balance of the trip. We called to inquire status upon return to Florida and they said any refund would be handled by Corporate. I asked to talk to Corporate directly and they said there was no way of contacting them. No feedback for several days. I then called again and they notified me that Corporate offered a meager $250 refund. I asked how would I ever know about this if I hadn't called a fourth time? The response was someone from Corporate would call me to discuss. Someone from corporate finally called me on Sunday 11/14 a week after the trip concluded to let me know $250 was the best they were to offer and that I signed a contract. I have shared this information with the Better Business Bureau, Google, Yelp, and Turnkey's website.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Ryan Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. Our records indicate that one of our agents reached out to you on 11/5/21 at 8:00 pm, less than 15 minutes after you called to report the issues. We offered to send housekeeping out to address the items and you declined to have them come. Again we apologize for the inconvenience but we thank you for accepting the compensation we were able to offer. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

Xiaotong Chen Cupertino, CA

KEEP AWAY FROM TURNKEY!!! Due to the weather condition in Lake Tahoe, I had to cancel my family trip for Thanksgiving and wanted to cancel a booking within 2 hours - literally 2 hours. The customer service told me that I can cancel it but I wouldn't get refunded. Basically, I am $1,100 out for nothing. These days, even the worse company won't steal money from their customers like this. This is from their reply to my cancellation request- "TurnKey reservation agreements do not allow for refunds due to unexpected travel changes (injury, job loss, etc.), storms (hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.), natural disasters or illness (including COVID-19)." This is basically saying "give me the money and who the fxxk care about customers". Do yourself a favor and keep away from TurnKey. Don't be stupid like me.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Xiaotong Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're sorry to hear that your travel plans had to be canceled. We adhere to Airbnb's cancellation policy which states that in order to receive a full refund, guests must cancel within 48 hours of booking, and the cancellation must occur at least 14 days before check-in. Unfortunately, your cancellation was outside of the grace period and therefore no refund was processed. If there’s anything else we can do for you please let us know.

ana ponce Raleigh, NC

Our vacation was ruined We made reservations about four month ago for our Thanksgiving vacation at Myrtle Beach with a total of three couples. Then about a week ago, Turnkey called me and said that there was constructions in progress at the location where we were staying and told me at the last minute they needed to move us to another location. The new location had three rooms, but only two bathrooms. They did not offer any kind of deductions for the inconvenience, when we paid the full amount to get three bed and three bath. I called over six times to have them fixed the issued they created by not letting me know on time so i could look around for another place to stay with all the rooms and bathrooms need for the same price. No one called me back to clear the situation and I was left with no vacation home to go with my friends.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Ana Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. When something like this occurs, we do everything in our power to find nearby, similar (if not better) property options that we can transfer your payment over to or cancel the reservation altogether and offer a full refund. It appears you didn't select any of the options we offered and so your reservation was cancelled and a full refund was issued so you could make other accommodations. Your patience is truly appreciated, as we understand the frustration of not being able to stay at the original property you had chosen. If there’s anything else we can do to make your experience with us a better one, feel free to reach out anytime and let us know.

Benjamin Myers AZ

Edit: Corporate did reach out to me and ensured I would receive a travel credit with them! I would have preferred to get my money back since now I'm out nearly $500, but since I will be visiting the area again when the fires permit, I will still make use of the credit. Corporate did seem very kind and receptive regarding the fire issue, but the woman I spoke with on the phone initially was curt and ensured there was no other option to move forward (until finally after continuous prodding, she forwarded my case to Corp.). While I understand I was a bit upset on the phone, I apologized if I was rude. Hoping my future experiences with the turnkey group are good! Thanks for the quick reply to the review and resolution. There are fires in Lake Tahoe with in a very close distance to the location I was renting. The air quality is horrible and it's dangerous to be there. I wanted to cancel my trip over a week before going and they've refused to refund any of my money and we're extremely rude to me about it. They're a snakey company that is more than happy to screw you out of your money, even when the trip is for a proposal. Useless 3rd party that steals from their customers.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for taking the time to share these details, and we're so sorry to hear your travel plans were impacted by the wildfires. It looks like you were able to connect with our Guest Experience Team and we are so glad we were able to reach a positive resolution. If there's anything else we can do for you, please reach out and let us know.

Mary Davis Port Orange, FL

We reserved a townhome on Beech in Nashville for a long weekend. We went through TurnkeyVR because they SAY that they handle higher-end and premium properties. NOT SO, I assure you. Yes, the place had 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, but the 3rd bedroom had a cheap, rickety bunkbed that no one could sleep in -- and opted to sleep on a sofa instead. The walls are SO damaged and lacking in maintenance -- everywhere! The housekeepers didn't even put top sheets on 2 of the beds. Glassware was put away FILTHY -- I mean, with lipstick and crumbs on and in the glasses -- not even WASHED -- and during COVID! (I immediately did the last guests' dishes upon my arrival!) They only leave 1 roll of toilet tissue in bathrooms. (Talk about CHEAP!) And here's a real kicker: NO CABLE TV for any of the TVs! That's right -- in 2021, NO CABLE TV! I didn't think to ask -- nor did I think to ask about indoor plumbing! It's pretty much a GIVEN that one will have cable tv -- and if this place wants to call itself an upscale rental, the owner has much work to do! I spent SO much time on the phone with Turnkey employees and their housekeepers that my trip was ruined. Plus, the guys couldn't watch football at the house as they'd planned! Wish I could upload photos here because they are MIND-BLOWING! Turnkey is all about making sure they get your money, but they don't care a bit about guests' comfort and convenience! This place was such a flophouse that there was even (a LOT) of Scotch tape left on the walls -- obviously from a prior guest who put up crepe paper and balloons, since remnants are STILL in the master bedroom and behind the nightstand. We travel all around the globe, but this was our first (and LAST) time booking through Turnkey VR. They do not measure up to our standards. (Frankly, a Motel 6 is better appointed and HAS CABLE TV!) Run, don't walk from TurnKey VR, folks! *AirBnB, HomeAway, and VRBO allow for dealing directly with owners that care about their properties and their guests. We've NEVER had an issue when booking a place -- even in other countries -- through AirBnB. Turnkey VP, however, is a JOKE. Apparently, they'll take ANY property from ANY cheapskate owner and have no regard for even basic standards. All you'll get from TurnKey is disappointment and countless hollow apologies.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Mary, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience with us was not as great as it should have been. We strive to offer impeccable customer service, and it is our hope that if anything comes up, guests are conveniently able to reach us 24/7 on our guest hotline. Please be assured we’re looking into everything you reported and it appears that one of our agents did connect with you regarding the missing linens and was able to guide you to additional ones at the home. Please know that we’ve since given your feedback to our housekeeping staff so they can triple-check the home, making sure it is in perfect condition for our guests. With regard to the cable tv, this is not an amenity listed for the property, however, we will happily share your feedback with the homeowner for further consideration. Our local team is following up on everything else that you mentioned and will have it resolved moving forward. If there is anything we can still do for you, please reach out any time and let us know.

Oct. 28th, 2021

Sierra Griffin Los Angeles, CA

DO NOT BOOK WITH TURNKEY!! I am not one to leave negative reviews but this situation is so egregious. Back in Feb / March, we used TurnKey to book a large house for 15 people in October for my bachelorette party. Now a little less than three weeks out, the hosts cancelled our reservation without any explanation or warning. Turnkey has done absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issue. They said if we booked a new house thru them that they would cover the difference except because we’re less than three weeks out they have no comparable inventory available. We have resorted to booking another house with a different app that will cost us upwards of $3,000 more and Turnkey will not take any accountability for their flaky hosts. How come we weren’t allowed to cancel after a certain date but our hosts were? COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I understand that stuff happens but where Turnkey messed up is their complete unwillingness to right this wrong. They offered us a 10% discount on our next booking with them instead - what an absolute joke. Please take your business elsewhere as this business clearly has no regard for their customers. So upsetting.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Sierra, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 17th, 2021

Michael B Larchmont, NY

Management company is inflexible and dishonest. This review relates to my experience with TurnKey Management as a host for a property I rented through Airbnb. I am an occasional Airbnb renter and have always had positive experiences with hosts. We unfortunately had to cancel our out of town travel last minute. The property listed by TurnKey had a stated cancellation policy that allowed for a refund of the cleaning fee if cancellation was made prior to 4pm the day of check in, no refund after. I ended up cancelling the reservation at 4:55pm the day of checkin (55 minutes after the stated time cancellation would have refunded the cleaning fee). I reached out to TurnKey to ask for an accommodation to their stated policy, to have the cleaning fee waived as we did not use the property and therefore didn’t require a cleaning. I indicated that we had just missed the window when such a refund would have been provided. I noted the rental rate and other costs of the rental were lost costs. And further recognized this was a request that was outside of the stated policy which was clearly listed on the Airbnb site - but asked for an accommodation to waive the cleaning fee as we hadn’t checked in and would not be using the property. This led to a series of several emails with the company with them repeatedly directing me back to Airbnb, inaccurately stating that it was outside of their control to grant an adjustment. An Airbnb rep directed me back to TurnKey and ultimately confirmed that hosts are able to (and often do) grant accommodations and directed me to the app feature (which I used) specifically designed to request such adjustments. After much back and forth with the company, they ultimately declined my request on the basis that they were unable to refund the amount because I booked through Airbnb. I realize they have every contractual right to do so, but felt the way they handled the request and their ultimate decision was both dishonest and inflexible. It has been a frustrating experience and one I wanted to share with other potential renters. I hope your experience is better.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to share these details, and we're so sorry to hear your travel plans needed to be cancelled at the last minute. As situations such as this can arise at any moment, we highly encourage guests to invest in travel protection and provide this option within our reservation finalization process, including "cancel for any reason" protection. At this time, we are following the terms of our standard Cancellation Policy. Thank you for sharing this feedback, and please reach out to us if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Oct. 5th, 2021

Ashlee Kalis Fall River, MA

We booked a rental through TurnKey Vacation Rentals in Napa, CA. The pictures online photographed a “luxury” property with a beautiful outdoor lounging area, pool and jacuzzi. The location reported it was ideal for wineries as well. Driving to the property was a huge challenge, up winding roads that are unsafe especially for non-locals. This was not mentioned in the description. When we arrived at the property it was evident that the property had not been visited in quite some time- there were leaves and brush all over the outdoor area, the hot tub was visibly untreated, cob webs all over the frame of the home. The outdoor space was completely unusable. When we were finally able to get inside (code to door was not working, we had to call multiple times for entry), the home spelled of cigarette smoke. There were spiders and spider webs everywhere, bugs in corners, and hair EVERYWHERE… all over the bathroom floor, shower, and all over the beds. The house had clearly not been cleaned and was completely unacceptable. When we refused to stay and showed Turn Key photo evidence, they refused to refund us and said they would have a cleaning crew perform a “deep clean”. Why was this not done prior to our arrival? After much back and forth, TurnKey decided they would refund us about $1,500 of our $4,600. Do NOT book with this company. They do not accurately portray their properties online and then refuse to correct their errors. It is also impossible to communicate efficiently with supervisors. They should have done the right thing and refunded us completely. Instead we were left paying for this property AND a hotel in Napa.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Ashlee, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 3rd, 2021

J Denver, CO

This property, 111 E Marlin Unit A, is beautiful, well kept, and close to the beach.The many restaurants and night life are literally a couple minute walk away. The property is a perfect get away for couple or a small family. The quiet/semi private pool area is a treat. This property is highly recommended! This property, 111 E Marlin Unit A, is beautiful, well kept, and close to the beach.The many restaurants and night life are literally a couple minute walk away. The property is a perfect get away for couple or a small family. The quiet/semi private pool area is a treat. This property is highly recommended!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi J, Thank you so much for your review and kind words about our property! We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You were the perfect guests, and we look forward to the next time! -The TurnKey Team

Apr. 5th, 2021

Steve Hubert Princeton, NJ

We reserved a rental home for our vacation and booked flights and activities. 4 months later TurnKey sent us a cancellation email stating the home had been sold. We scrambled to book another home with a different company. TurnKey has not refunded our money and there is no evidence that the home has been sold. STAY AWAY FROM TURNKEY!!!!!!!

alexandra bolusia Peyton, CO

I’m trying to reach out to all review sites to reach as many people as possible as to what a scam this company is. We booked a stay in Seattle for this upcoming week. We booked through AirBnB with no issues, a two bed, four person accommodation. Three days ago, one of the members of our party needed to check the listing for an amenity and noted that listing now stated 2 people and 1 bed. Looking at our reservation, it indeed showed the place was listed as a 2 bed, 4 person accommodation. Not liking surprises, I reached out to Turn Key on Friday to see what was going on. The agent on the recorded line noted that the listing had been changed a few weeks ago. So right off the bat, Turn Key knew about this and never notified us. I asked what this meant and the man I spoke with promised a supervisor would call me back by 6 pm. That call never came. I reached out around 7 pm to see where the supervisor was, but was told they were busy trying to fix this and would call me in a half hour. That call also never came. The next morning, I reached out again. Because nobody at Turnkey was proactively reaching out as they said they would. Throughout the day, I was promised it was being worked on. I did get AirBnB involved, who called Turnkey while I was on the line. Turnkey assured AirBnB that we were fine and they were going to take care of us. Which is more information than we had received at this point. AirBnB told me that they expressed to Turnkey to not cancel this reservation, so if there was an issue, they could help us find a place and transfer it. Several hours passed, still no word, and less than five days from departure. I was told by the agent that they couldn’t get to me yet because they had numerous other vacationers that needed to be moved because of issues that had vacations before me. Is this even normal to have to move that many people? I asked for a supervisor and was put on with Shaquanta. Turnkey. Your calls are recorded. Shaquanta was by far the rudest individual I had spoken with. Zero compassion, spoke over me the whole time. I asked her to stop speaking over me and let me finish what I was trying to express. She said she wasn’t talking over me and continued to interrupt me the whole call. I asked to speak to someone else because of how disrespectful she was being and she said that she was it in terms of who I could speak with. She proceeded to say she had no timeline for the resolve and there were other people ahead of me. I told her to adhere to what Airbnb said and if there is still an issue, to not cancel the reservation so they could transfer us without having to pay a second time. She said mhm and that was it. Turnkey. 45 seconds later, Shaquanta cancelled my reservation. I received the text with her name. How in 45 seconds did this get resolved when for two days I was told there was no timeline. This was spite, pure and simple. There are almost zero listings left on AirBnB and it will take up to 15 days to get a refund. This company has been promising me a follow up call since Friday. It is Monday. To everyone and anyone, beware. Not only will they cancel your reservation because the owner of a property no longer wanted four people (and turnkey knew about this for weeks), but also for a staff that has works in customer service and has zero customer service skills. My husband and I travel on average 30 times a year. We are always staying at rentals. We will ensure that we never touch turnkey and will let everyone we know who is looking for recommendations to never touch the properties here. Cheers to leaving four girls stranded a few days before their trip when you knew of the issue all along!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 3rd, 2021

Talor Hightower St. Petersburg, FL

This is a HORRIBLE COMPANY with terrible customer service and horrible policies! I have travelled all over the world and used a variety of rental services and never have I ever had such a poor experience as I have had the first time trying to use this company. I’m Part of a bachelorette party who spent over $2,000 altogether for a rental property in South Lake Tahoe which is under mandatory evacuation right now due to forest fires, 10 days before our check-in date. This company has refused to refund us one penny for a rental property that we couldn’t even get to if we wanted to!!! We aren’t even being refunded the cleaning fee! It’s insane! DO NOT EVER BOOK WITH TURNKEY RENTALS!!!! Myself and the other bridesmaids and bride are out $500 each and without a bachelorette trip -I would NEVER write a poor review with out contacting the company first and giving multiple opportunities for them to make things right but they have not done so, so the best I can hope for is to help someone else to avoid this same situation

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Talor, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We are so sorry to hear your travel plans were impacted by the wildfires, but are happy to hear you are safe. As situations such as this can arise at any moment, we highly encourage guests to invest in travel protection and provide this option within our reservation finalization process, including "cancel for any reason" protection. If there is anything further we can do for you please reach out to our 24/7 guest hotline and let us know.

Sep. 4th, 2021

Jeanneen Bellows Pittsburgh, PA

Turnkey sucks! We rented a condo in Wilmington NC through Turnkey. The washing machine leaked like crazy while we were there and the follow through from the company is horrible. We asked for a refund with no response. There were no written instructions in the condo for how to operate the washing machine (An all in one combo washer/dryer). Just suggest staying away from their rentals

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Jeanneen, Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and completely understand your frustration. Your feedback is highly valued, and we try our best to offer the most impeccable service possible. We hope that, if anything arises, guests can conveniently reach us 24/7 on our guest hotline, which is always available via phone/text -- to assist with issues or answer questions. We appreciate that you took the time to voice your concerns through our 24/7 hour guest hotline so that we could quickly assist. It appears our agents were able to quickly make contact with you and schedule a vendor out to the property; however, you had already departed from the property. Please know that since your departure, the washer has been serviced and is working properly. We have also placed signs with instructions on operating the washer to minimize incidents occurring in the future for our guests. Thank you for bringing these important issues to light, as it’s feedback like this that really makes a difference in how we move forward in offering the best service we possibly can to our guests and keeping our properties in perfect shape. If there is anything else we can do for you, please reach out at any time on our 24/7 guest hotline and let us know.

Sep. 27th, 2021

M Z San Francisco, CA

NEGATIVE 5 STARS IF POSSIBLE. This company disregards the environmental safety of its vacation renters and does not respect customers. Refused to respond to customers. They do not care even when their vacation homes are almost burnt down, they will still keep your reservation and if you want to cancel, the hundreds or thousands of dollars will not be refunded. We made a reservation with one of the vacation homes in the SOUTH LAKE TAHOE area provided by Turnkey VR LLC after seeing their advertisement on their services and quality on August 10th. Four days after this reservation, the Caldor Fire started in El Dorado county. As of today, August 27th, one week from our reservation, the Caldor fire along with the Tamarack fire are expanding toward the SOUTH LAKE TAHOE area. We have been reaching out to the company for the past 3 days to seek a refund or reschedule due to this overwhelmingly unforeseeable situation. The local agencies have been posting warnings on the nearby wildfire and the possibility of evacuation at any time in the near future. The customer service representative had been kicking me around to wait for a call back from a supervisor for the past 3 days stating that they need the supervisor the make changes. The supervisor called back and did exactly and kick me around to wait for another 72 hr for another supervisor. The supervisor on the phone does not say anything other than "yes ma'am". Customer services is the worst and does not solve problems. They advertised themselves as the "once in a life time vacation rental", which is kinda true because nobody will return to them for such TRASHY services for the money we paid.

Reply from TurnKey

We appreciate you sharing this feedback and deeply empathize with you and many others whose travel plans have been negatively impacted by the wildfires. As a property management company, we are balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders. Our Guest Rental Agreement, which is signed and acknowledged when finalizing a reservation, details that TurnKey does not accept liability for any inconveniences or delays caused by forces beyond our control. Similar to the Guest Rental Agreement in place with our guests, we also have a contract with our Homeowners and must abide by these terms, as payments are often used for expenses such as a mortgage, maintenance, and utility bills. With this in mind, we highly encourage guests to invest in travel protection and provide this option within our reservation finalization process, including "cancel for any reason" protection. For these reasons, we are following the terms of our standard Cancellation Policy.

Aug. 31st, 2021

Too Nice Lahaina, HI

We booked for 4 days. Upon arriving We could not get into the unit because the keycode was incorrect and turnkey people left us in the parkinglot for four hours. When we finally got in, the air conditioner was broken so it was 100°, The shower curtain was broken in one of the showers, the other shower curtain wasn’t installed correctly so an eight-year-old girl was watching me shower. We left immediately after they after that and got a hotel. Staying for a grand total of 4 hours. We were charged a total of $1736.85 and only refunded a portion of that, they still owe us over $600 which they said they will not be refunding. Through this ordeal I’ve not spoken to the same person. Every time I contact them it’s a different person I have to explain everything over again and they take at least 24 hours to respond. I filed a dispute with my credit card company as well as contacted my lawyer and the Better Business Bureau.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback is highly valued, and although we do try our best to offer the most impeccable service possible, there are times we fall short of that. Please be assured we’ve fixed the air conditioner and repaired the shower curtain. Although it doesn’t change things, we appreciate you accepting the refund that was offered. Thank you for your patience, if there is anything else we can do for you, reach out anytime on our 24/7 guest hotline to let us know.

Aug. 16th, 2021

Patricia Filic Zurich, ZH

Incompetent bad customer service, completely outdated and complicated reservation system. For me, a dubious agency that is not recommended. Lure with a great offer and then revoke it after two days.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Patricia, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 5th, 2021

An Los Angeles, CA

Everything with turnkey was so easy and comfortable.the problem was the unit that we booked. The unit that we booked had a sharing patio but unfortunately we couldnt use it because of the other unit people . The other unit that has stairs to the patio and the people who were staying there seated in the patio from 8:30 am till night, they didnt care anout others and thought its only thiers to use. I cheched every hour to find a chance to go and seat and enjoy the weather but not lucky. They have to mention all bookers to use the patio for limited time and let others enjoy too. they had their breakfast, coffe,lunch and dinner over there. They didnt walk out even for 5 min. So annoying Also there were some insects behind the bench in the unit,it lookes they disnt move the bench for years and the furniture was sooooooooooo old and the bed was soooooo uncomfortable. That unit doesnt worth thag much that i paid. I think better to stay at the hotel and enjoy outside too.

Amber Walker Austin, TX

For Owners: You do not need them unless they offer FULL SERVICE in your area (to include maintenance and cleaning). That is the ONLY scenario in which they might potentially provide value. If not, do it yourself. It's not hard and they make it SP DIFFICULT. Communication is awful, you cannot connect directly with anyone, DO NOT BELIEVE what the sales rep will tell you. They do not deliver on their promises and provide little to no value.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Amber, Thank you for taking the time to provide us this feedback, and we're so sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our service. Homeowner satisfaction is our top priority and looking at our records, we show that a member of our Homeowner Success team most recently reached out to you to discuss your concerns and how we can make future improvements to our service. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and appreciate your feedback. We show that we've reached an amicable resolution, however, if there's anything else you need please reach out to us and we will gladly answer any additional concerns or questions you may have!

Aug. 24th, 2021

Sean Smith Indianapolis, IN

Turnkey Vacation Rentals Tilghman Beach & Racquet Club Condo 207 N. Ocean Blvd. Unit #144 North Myrtle Beach, SC We arrived at 10:00 PM on July 3rd, 2021 to find the unit so dirty and gross that we spent the next 6 hours mopping floors and washing bedding in order to feel comfortable enough with the cleanliness to sleep in the beds. We spent the next day dealing with Turnkey, supervising cleaning and maintenance staff, obtaining cleaning supplies and cleaning the entire unit. On Sunday July 4th, Turnkey sent a maintenance man to replace a battery in a smoke detector. We didn't know that this person would be arriving and were surprised when he walked into our unit. We were on the balcony. He had no uniform and wore no shoes. Next, the cleaning crew arrived. They swept and mopped the floors and cleaned the bathrooms. After sweeping, the gentleman deposited a large furry lint and dirt ball into our trash can. He mopped the floors and let us know that it took 3 times because the water was black the first 2 times. And this after we mopped the night before. We took pictures and emailed them to the site supervisor Lexi. After this email was sent, we received no texts, no emails and no phone calls. I texted and called Lexi several times and received no response. (What could she say? There was no defense!) We asked for $525.00 dollars for the lost day, our cleaning efforts which did not cease until late in the day on July 4th and cleaning supplies. We thought this was more than fair. They apparently disagreed and informed us that we would receive a $430.00 credit in 3-5 days. We received that credit on July 18th and a final phone call on July 23rd stating that $430.00 was all we were going to get. Among the issues were: 1. Screens on the front porch were ripped and hanging like something you might find in an abandoned home. 2. Floors that were so nasty they were slippery like a greasy floor in a poorly kept fast food restaurant. 3. No furnace filter because the old filter was so dirty that it had been pulled out of the air handler. 4. Stains on the sheets and bedding. When we stripped the beds we found sand and hair between the top sheet and the fitted sheet and between the fitted sheet and the mattress cover. I would expect this at a run down $29/night motel not a $3,000/week condo. 5. Food remnants, crumbs etc. in the silverware holders in the drawers. Yes, we washed all of the dishes and cleaned out all of the drawers. 6. Dirty/stained shelf liners in many of the kitchen cabinets. 7. Furniture so dirty that we bought a king size comforter to throw over the couch so we wouldn't have to touch the couch. I could go on but you should get the point. Be very careful when booking from Turnkey. It was no way to start a vacation and they created quite a bit of work and stress for us trying to get this resolved. You can see by their reluctance to negotiate that they clearly don't care about their customer.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Sean Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. We do our best to ensure that we provide exemplary customer service. That said we apologize for the cleanliness issues you encountered upon your arrival, but are glad we were able to address them for you. Please be assured that housekeeping has been addressed, the furnace filter has been changed and the screen has been fixed as well. While we know it doesn't change anything thank you for accepting the compensation we were able to offer. If there's anything else we can do for you please let us know.

madame Nhu San Jose, CA

I booked with them for a house in Hawaii July 21 for 6 nights for our 15 years Anniversary. the house was limits to 8 occupants and we had some friends over to help us celebrate, exceeding that number. We were locked out and kicked out after only one day even after we rectified the issue they accused us of. This pretty much left us "homeless" on our vacation and on top of that, even though we were not allowed to stay and they will not refund any of our money. They keeping all our money AND denying our rights to access the property would seem to be unlawful. TurnKey Vacation Rentals is on the wrong side of that human-decency equation. I would NEVER use this company ever again, and I would advise you to use someone else !!!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi madame Nhu, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again. -The TurnKey Team

Jul. 31st, 2021

Panda San Mateo, CA

Let me start by saying I have never written an online review. This is my first one and I'm reluctant to leave a poor review for anything, but this company really rubbed me the wrong way. I stayed at one of their rentals in Tahoe over the 4th of July, returned on Monday 7/5. I was the unfortunate person in the group who ended up leaving a pair of AirPods on my bed before I left. Went straight from the cabin home, didn't even leave the car when we got gas, so when I arrived and it wasn't in my bag, or my friend's car(he drove), I knew I left them and where I left them, since I literally woke up with them in my ears that morning. I called Turnkey on Monday 7/5 after discovering my mistake. I asked that they please contact the cleaning crew to notify them where the headphones were in the house and to please have someone give me a call back. Because I was anxious, I called them every 24 hours asking for an update. "Has it been cleaned?" "when will it get cleaned?" "has someone told them where to look?" etc. It's Friday 7/9, and someone today informed me (after I called them) that they've closed my case as of 2 days ago and I'm basically S.O.L. I was promised a call by someone (not even sure what good that would have done.) and instead they close my case and tell me that's the end of it. Had they called me day of closing the "case", and said sorry, we looked and no luck, I would have accepted it. Had they called me today and said sorry that it took us an extra two days, but they couldn't find it, I would have accepted it. But to be told your case is closed as of two days ago and this "manager" (their words, not mine) who was supposed to call me doesn't even exist, really frustrates me. The last person I spoke to was honest, informative, but basically had her hands tied since the case was closed. Among the many excuses, she said "we have a new class of employees who may not know what they're talking about." She told me I couldn't do anything and that a manager doesn't exist and no ones going to call me. They're $200, I'll live without them, but this company told me they'd call me every single day since monday and not once did I get a call, despite being promised a same-day call twice, and a call within 24-48 hours that never happened either. Had I not called them, I still wouldn't have heard back. Lastly, we spent nearly $5000 on the cabin, and we didn't complain about the lack of A/C (which is fine.) but every single window in the cabin didn't have a screen...90+ degrees all weekend, and our cabin became filled (and I mean filled) with bugs. Both fridges in the cabin weren't working properly so half our food we brought spoiled, and we still didn't want to complain. But after this experience, being treated like such an afterthought though, I figured I'd mention it here. So disappointed in the quality of our stay and the response as a whole to my issue. It could have been resolved so much easier, and instead they absolutely blew me away with their contradictions and lack of information. Again, fully aware it's my fault I left something, but I honestly feel like they made it 10x worse by the way they responded.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Panda, Thank you for taking the time to provide these details and we apologize if you had a less-than-perfect experience with us. While we regret that it took us some time to find the missing item, we are glad we were able to return it to you. We wish we had known about any of these other issues during your stay so we could have helped out then. Our 24/7 guest hotline is always available. Please be assured our local team will be investigating the outdoor furniture, screens, unwanted visitors, and refrigerators to ensure that all at this rustic cabin in the woods is as it should be. While we understand it was warm, our records indicate this home correctly advertises as having no AC. Because of this, fans are provided in every room and we encourage guests to open the windows at night to allow the fresh alpine air to cool the home. Thank you again for providing this feedback and if there is anything we can do to make your experience with us a better one, please don’t hesitate to let us know. -The TurnKey Team

Matt S Brooklyn, NY

We used turnkey to book Hilton Head for the last week of July first of August back in March 2021, now 3 weeks before we are told the reservation is cancelled and we were refunded with no recourse. Total scam, totally screwed over. I was on the phone with them for over an hour, the workers were pretty clueless and offered nothing other than the refund. We have raised a ticket with their corporate offices and I am more than sure I will never hear back. They should give us more than just a refund, they should give us an equal unit (which they claim they dont have avaiable) or a free week later. I would NEVER use this company ever again, extremely untrustworthy!!!

Megan VandenBerg Fort Wayne, IN

Absolutely terrible customer service. We are going to Nashville for my bach party. My mom is trying to pay the balance, but they wouldn't let her do it over the phone because the reservation is in my name. So I called in with her card number, but they wouldn't accept it because the card is in her name a reservation is in mine, and they said that the names have to match. My card has a daily limit on it, so I am not getting charged over and over again to pay off the balance. This is absolutely ridiculous. We are not trying to take money, WE ARE TRYING TO GIVE THEM MONEY! I did not know we were going through them until after I booked the house. TERRIBLE PEOPLE!! IF YOU KNOW AHEAD OF TIME DO NOT USE THEM!!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Megan, Thank you for taking the time to provide these details and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced during our booking process. For security reasons, please know that we require all IDs and payments to be in the name of the same person with whom we have a Guest Rental Agreement. We use our ID verification process in order to protect both guests and homeowners from fraud. That being said, we understand that making several calls in order to secure your reservation can be very frustrating. We are constantly working to improve our processes and create a more pleasant booking experience for our guests, so your feedback is much appreciated and will be used to help identify areas for improvement. -The TurnKey Team

Aug. 16th, 2021

Jessica Brown Toledo, OH

If I could give negative stars about my experience with TurnKey I would. I responded everyday to the email regarding the level of satisfaction on the cleaning of the place we rented, but heard nothing. The amount of money I paid for this place was the same cost as Sheraton Waikiki in Hawaii. We cancelled Hawaii to come to Big Bear. This is the most disgusting place I have ever paid for. The kitchen utensils were a filthy mess, full of grease, dog feces all over outside, black scuff marks on the walls, animal hair all over, blankets filthy and full of hair, floors full of debris, my socks are black from waking around on the tile floor, kitchen table bench full of hair and debris, ants on the floor of the kitchen, black ants, stains all over the couches, the jacuzzi has floating particles of grey filth and discoloration with a haze to it, I can go on and on about this. I am appalled that Marriott would sub out places that cost this amount of money for what you walk into. There are bugs flying all over inside the house, spiders climbing the sink, what looks like blood in the kitchen sink. I have bug bites on me, my shoulder specifically. The cutting board that pulls out from the counter was full of old, dried food. The 2 other bedrooms weren't used. I had zero cell service the time we were here. I was told to email or text in which I did both daily, sometimes multiple times a day, and got no response ever! I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed in our first experience renting a home that online looks sparkling clean and amazing. It's anything but that. I should never have to come into someone else's home and clean the way I did. It's troubling that cleaning fees are mandatory and I was forced to pay for someone to clean when they clearly did not. Another issue is the pet fee. I never brought pets, I was charged $100 for a dog, someone called and told me that they're charging an additional $100 because 2 bedroom plus homes are $200 for animals. Those funds have never been credited back to my AMEX. Please note the couches and house FULL of animal hair, especially around the TV area on the floor and the couches. Another issue-billing. I had (3) representatives from TurnKey tell me that I should've only been charged $2,000 for a 5 day stay when my AMEX card was charged $2,443.24. The photos speak for themselves. Today I was in the doctors office having confirmation that the multiple bites on myself and my husband are confirmed from 'bed bugs'. TurnKey is willing to refund $2,000 and consider this case closed. Mind you my body is in pain from the constant scratching from the bug bites and bloody from head to toe. 30+ bites on my body alone. I made sure to get a receipt for my office visit today and made sure to get documentation of our diagnosis. $443.24 for less than 48 hours on a place we selected for the hot tub that we couldn’t use and now we will have scars on our body from the bloody bites we both have all over us. If this doesn’t scream best vacation ever, I don’t know what does. Sarcasm! I'm glad I write reviews for companies because once I calm down to articulate my words a bit better and more thought out, I'll be posting my review with all the photos. I sent the photos attached herein to a manager and she thought the jacuzzi filter photos was the dishwasher filter. She was floored when I explained each photo to her. Worst in all of this, I guarantee you the homeowner doesn't even know what their property looks like, or how they're being charged a fee for cleaning when this is the definition of clean to TurnKey.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Jessica, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again. -The TurnKey Team

Jul. 4th, 2021

Nate Byrd Jr. Atlanta, GA

TurnKey is a complete joke! My family and I booked a beach house in Myrtle Beach, SC on June 10th, 2021. We expected to arrive at the home the next day around 10 am in morning. A couple of hours after we booked our reservation, a representative from TurnKey called us to inform us that our reservation would have to be canceled. The house we book wasn't supposed to be online to rent, because the locks on the doors weren't installed, and the house wasn't cleaned for us. Although we were irritated about this information because my father passed a year ago, and we wanted to celebrate his life in Myrtle Beach, SC... we understood the mistake. So, the representative THOROUGHLY informed us that our money would be refunded the next day since he had to void our reservation. This is day 3, and we still haven't received any money!!! This is ridiculous! Every time we call, a different representative informs us that it's still pending. I WILL NOT USE TURNKEY EVER AGAIN!

Reply from TurnKey

Hello Nate, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again. -The TurnKey Team

Jun. 15th, 2021

Laura Correa Edwards, CO

TL;DR - terrible customer service, no resolution to our issues, do not rent from Turnkey Properties. (Zero stars) We rented a house in Colorado for a family vacation. We paid extra to have our pets, and were very much looking forward to getting together after a long year of not seeing many members of our family. We arrived to the property in the late evening after a long drive, had to call multiple times to get a code to get into the house because the code did not work (this happened multiple times and it was the only accessible entrance). The house was nice, very spacious, and we were ready to have a great vacation despite that hiccup. The next morning, at about 7 AM, things took a turn for the worse. Construction started that morning on the roof. Nail guns, hammers, power tools, all making noise loud enough that the windows would shake. Two of the exits were blocked off the entire day due to debris falling from the roof. From plastic to metal sheeting, and even tools. Our pets were distressed the entire time, which in turn was causing a lot of stress for us. The work ended early that day, and we thought that would be it, but the following day the same thing happened (lasting over 12 hours) and this time, there was ZERO privacy. One of the bathrooms had a clear line of vision for the workers to look in (which they kept doing), and a ladder was going directly in front of it and in front of the main window to one of the bedrooms in the second floor. That morning we called Turnkey properties to notify them about the issue, and were told we would be contacted within four hours to help us solve this. We thought this would be a quick resolution, in which we would be moved to a comparable property, but four hours passed and we did not get a call. We then proceeded to be tossed around from customer service representative to customer service representative. None could come up with a clear answer or provide us with a solution to the matter. After calling countless times we received a text message from one of their corporate resolutions people, who gave us a phone number to call. Turns out the number was just the same central number for all calls and not a direct line. We were able to talk to someone, but this person would not transfer us to the corporate resolutions person and would not help us solve this issue. They did however, tell us we would get a call first thing in the morning to resolve this. At that point, the noise was still very disruptive and the entrances were still blocked off, so we decided it would be best to leave, as it was both unsafe and very disruptive to stay in an active construction site. We had to rent a place at the last minute for the remainder of our trip that would allow pets, proving quite difficult. The alleged “first thing in the morning” call did not happen until almost 2 PM. The corporate resolutions person apologized, saying they did not arrive to work until 12:15, yet with them being in the central time zone, we should have expected a call much earlier, given us being one hour behind. The blatant disregard for customer service was almost comical at this point. Once we were finally able to talk to them, they kept on saying they “apologized for the inconvenience” as if it was just a casual issue such as one of the burners of the stove not working. Living in an active construction site is more than an inconvenience, it’s a safety hazard. We explained that this situation was absolutely foreseeable, as the HOA of the place would likely have planned this happening months in advance. They claimed that because they “had not been notified of this” it was an unforeseeable circumstance. The resolutions person said they would be able to refund us for the nights we had not stayed there, plus one additional night, the pet fee and some additional fees, but they would not be giving us a full refund plus the difference of us having to pay an extra $550 for the last minute rental we had to find. Overall this was beyond an inconvenience, and no one should rent from them. (Zero stars)

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Laura, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again. -The TurnKey Team

Aug. 12th, 2021

Katie Enos Independence, OR

Booked with turnkey for 5 nights in n a rental home in Eagle Crest. We were not able to access the rental when we arrived as the code on the door didn’t work. We had to wait outside with our small kids and groceries in 95 degree weather. We booked Eagle Crest to use the amenities at the resort, Turnkey was supposed to have pool passes in the home when we arrived. We called turnkey and their “local team” was working on it. We wanted a phone call about the passes but only received text messages, very unprofessional. We called everyday of our vacation and waited for pool passes to arrive as they were “working on it” So basically we booked a rental to use the amenities and pools and were never able to access them for our 6 day stay. I would love a refund from turnkey but they keep giving us the run around. I would have rather stayed gone than sat ins one one else’s house in 95 degree weather. This company does not care about the condition of the rentals or their customers. Run as fast as you can and book with another company. Cleanliness of the house was also bit up to good standards as we arrived to dirty dishes and had to wash them before we could cook dinner. We didn’t receive sponges or kitchen dishcloths to even clean. Had to use washcloths from the bathroom to clean the kitchen. Do not ever rent from Turnkey, save yourself and book with a reputable company.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Katie, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again. -The TurnKey Team

Aug. 12th, 2021

Cortnie Ambler Carrollton, TX

I wish I had read all these negative reviews before booking a rental with this company. They are the most unethical, dishonest and condescending company I have ever dealt with. I booked a 3 night stay at one of their properties about 2 months in advance of the trip. The cancellation policy was clearly stated - very strict but at least you knew what it was. There was an option to change dates without cancellation which I thought ok at least there is that. There was absolutely no restrictions on date changes stated in the listing or otherwise communicated. 10 days prior to the trip we had a death in the family and I realized we wouldn’t be able to go on the trip. The next day I requested a date change and it was declined because apparently they have a policy that all changes must be submitted 10 days out.....a policy that is listed NOWHERE. Had they clearly outlined this policy, I could have requested the change the day before - though it really wasn’t at the top of my list having just learned of the loss of a loved one but still - I would have known the policy and could have adhered to it. Or they could have made a one day exception given the circumstances. They would not budge and ended up charging me the full $1,200 for a trip I did not go on. The only reason I can think that they so clearly state their cancellation policy is because of a requirement by Airbnb to do so that does not exist for date changes - so they found a loop hole that allows them to shamefully monetize on peoples’ misfortune. Disgusting! People save for years to take vacations and they don’t bar an eye taking it all away. I have reported them to Airbnb and sincerely hope at least one person can be saved from their vile practices by reading this!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Cortnie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. Here at TurnKey, we strive to offer an impeccable customer service experience so that our guests can have amazing stays at our properties. We understand that things happen that might disrupt travel plans, for this reason, we strongly encourage our guests to invest in travel protection. Details of our Cancellation Policy are outlined on our Airbnb listing and available to view prior to confirming your booking. If there is anything we can still do for you, reach out anytime and let us know. -The TurnKey Team

Jun. 8th, 2021

Sean M San Diego, CA

What a terrible company. They prioritize only lining up theirs and property owners pockets. Here’s what happened to me: I booked an AirBnb in January 2020 for a trip later that April. COVID happened and the trip was no longer a possibility. They would not refund my money (and I cancelled well before their 30 day policy). Instead said I had rebook with only the SAME rental home before the end of the year. IT WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF COVID. EVERYTHING WAS CLOSED. Then the rental home was taken off the rental market and after many, many phone calls and switches to “higher ups”, Turnkey would only give me a credit for booking with properties THEY manage despite finding this through AirBnB and the home that I found in the first place was no longer rentable. Fast forward to today (May 2021), and they are saying I must use the credit by October or 2021, even though my next planned trip (Coachella) is for April 2022. I called and they couldn’t extend my $3,000 credit for 6 more months? Instead I’m forced to book ONLY through their properties, by a magic date that doesn’t make sense? Stealing my $3K. And I used to have a rental of my own managed by them. They’re so bad in so many ways. Please avoid.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Sean, We appreciate you sharing these details and empathize with you and many others whose travel plans have been impacted by COVID-19. The situation was unprecedented and constantly evolving, and we were doing everything we could to ensure we were operating in accordance with local law and jurisdictions. It’s our highest priority to make sure our guests have the best experience possible, but if problems do arise, we try our very best to make things right in any way we can. It appears that in July we extended your future stay credit for use at any TurnKey home, as the original home you booked is no longer with our program. In this instance, we are providing you with access to a comparable home at a future date by utilizing the credit that was issued to you. Once you are ready to book, please reach out to our 24/7 support line, and a member of our Guest Experience Team will be happy to assist you further.

Aug. 15th, 2021

Barb McHenry, IL

We were in Cape Coral, FL . Property was completely misrepresented. Hot tub never got hot. Called Turnkey immediately. They said someone would be contacting us the next day. Never happened. We called again. Not much happened. Hot tub was never hot during our stay., which was 5 days. Claim fluffy towels - no way. Old towels, they were clean but not fluffy. Kitchen floor by garbage can so sticky my flip flop stuck to the floor. Good points - enjoyed the pool and bed was very comfortable. Not anywhere new sheets but they were clean. We will never use Turnkey again. Terrible customer service. They returned us some money (less than 20%). We never got a hot tub, which is why we rented the house in the first place. Can't get the time back. They also asked us to start a load of towels before we left, to help the cleaning people. That did not happen either. We did strip the bed, and put the towels in a pile but I'm on vacation. I don't want to do laundry for the place I'm renting. That is why I'm renting - so I don't have to do housework. Very sad. We expected much more out of Marriott. We have used Air bnb and never had the kind of experience we had here. We had rented about 10 weeks prior to this stay and it was wonderful. I'm sorry we ever tried Turnkey. Do not waste your hard earned money!!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Barb, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again. -The TurnKey Team

May. 16th, 2021

Cheyenne Umbreit Saint Paul, MN

The space was beautiful. Perfect walk to the ocean the pool was amazing and the apartment was clean and spacious and decorated great. Comfy furniture and nice to have TV’s in all rooms. However our problems with the place were that when we got there, there was maybe 1/4 a roll of toilet paper in one bathroom and none in the other. The description stated that there would be cooking essentials and there was definitely not essentials. Things like oil, salt, pepper, coffee filters were all things we had to buy. You asked us to do the laundry when we left but there was no laundry detergent and considering the cleaning fee was around $250 asking us to do this as well as other cleaning when we left didn’t seem fair. The space has the potential to be 5 stars but getting to a place after a long day of travel at the very least having toilet paper To get us through the night seems like a reasonable request, as well as having a kitchen stocked with essentials would make the place better. There are no beach towels so we also had to buy that. We appreciated the chairs for the beach but the umbrella supplied was completely broken.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Cheyenne, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we're glad you enjoyed our home and its unbeatable location, we are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered and for any inconvenience this caused as well. Here at TurnKey, your feedback is highly valued, and we try our best to make things right in any way we can so that our guests know that our priority is their ultimate satisfaction. Please know that we are following up with our Housekeeping Team to address this incident and ensure they are adequately stocking the home moving forward. With regard to the lack of oil, salt, and pepper, TurnKey does not stock any food-related items in our homes in order to prevent guests from consuming anything that has either been contaminated or has spoiled. If there is anything we can still do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. -The TurnKey VR Team

Aug. 4th, 2020

John Cedar Park, TX

Turnkey customer service, although long wait time, was very helpful and patient (both times I called). Their COVID cleaning procedures is what kept me from canceling my trip. The condo was spotless and very clean. I felt very comfortable living in the condo for many days because of the cleaning procedures and apparent cleanliness, despite the increase in COVID cases. I did receive some conflicting information between conversations with Turnkey vs. email correspondences about COVID cleaning procedures.

Angela Iacobellis Chatsworth, CA

All in all we had a wonderful visit and great communication with Turnkey. The reason for losing a star was because we were initially told that check-in was 3pm. The day before we were told 4pm. When we did arrive they called and asked if we would be willing to accommodate a plumber coming by the next day as they were not able to repair a minor drip in the master bathroom the day of our arrival. I have a suspicion this is why our time changed. We accommodated the plumber as we understand sometimes this is unavoidable. Given that inconvenience and the fact that our checkin time was changed, we were asked for a late checkout, which they could not accommodate, which was very disappointing considering we went out of our way to help them.

Christina Large Omaha, NE

The house was amazing and clean. We had everything we needed. The views were impeccable. I was especially impressed with the communication of Turnkey. I reached out a couple days before to see if the home provided a pack n play via text. They responded immediately that it did not. But went above and beyond and provided a rental place nearby we could check out. We also appreciated the savings booking directly with Turnkey vs AirBnB. Will book through Turnkey in the future!

Lexi Vega Edinburg, TX

For the first time renting a condo, TurnKey made everything extremely easy. I have to admit all the associates who assisted me through out my stay were very prompt in answering question or any related issues. As well as being available in giving advice about the amenities. The owners of the property and their location manager were very helpful as well. Well worth a visit and thank you for letting us stay there.

Adrienne Maysey North Ridgeville, OH

We had a wonderful experience with Turnkey. They provided us with clear and frequent updates about our vacation rental. The house was spotless when we arrived and stocked with extra amenities like shampoo, conditioner and soap. We had one small issue where the key code wouldn’t work when we first arrived but it was solved quickly and immediately. Overall, we had a great experience and would book with TurnKey again.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Adrienne! We appreciate this great feedback and can't wait to host you again! –The TurnKey Team

Jul. 2nd, 2020

Pamela Sweeney Antioch, TN

We had a wonderful experience. The property was clean and inviting. This was a 4 generation gathering and we could not ask for more when it came to the house. The only suggestion that I would make is that you bri f extra garbage bags if it is a large gathering. There was only one per day and with 10 ppl and cooking every day, we had to get more. The upstairs could be cooler and I l ow heat rises, but for someone who has hot flashes being upstairs was difficult in the summer while the lower level was an icebox. All in all, it was wonderful.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Pamela! We're so glad you and your family had a wonderful experience. We will have our team and the owner look into options for better cooling the upstairs during the spring/summer months -- thanks for that feedback! We hope to host you again soon! – The TurnKey Team

Jul. 2nd, 2020

Tammy Khounlavong South Point, OH

Loved the view, location, amenities & such! Issue we had was the Key code. So everyone arrives right at 3:00pm? The condo was ready, it was 2:45. Let us in, it was a long drive and we were tired. I called for help, was told I had to wait until 3pm. Code still didn’t work. Had to call back, was waiting to speak to someone for almost 17 minutes. Suddenly had to answers random questions. Should have taken care of that when I first called or called me that day to ask to ensure no issues with me getting into condo. Why send me a code that obviously was never intended to work? Very frustrating.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Tammy, Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. While we're glad you enjoyed our home and its immaculate ocean view, we would like to apologize for the issues you encountered while trying to access the home. Please know that we are following up with our Guest Experience Team to address this incident and prevent similar problems moving forward. If there is anything we can still do for you, reach out anytime and let us know. You were excellent guests, and we look forward to hosting you again! -The TurnKey VR Team

Jun. 24th, 2020

Kathy Chicago, IL

Check in was extremely easy! The townhome was clean and supplied with everything that we needed for our stay. Turnkey contacted me both by text and email a few days prior to the trip, so that I had all the necessary information. We had a few questions come up during the week, and I was able to send a text to a Turnkey representative, who promptly responded. Overall, I would highly recommend Turnkey and would stay at their properties on future trips.

Chuck G Panama City, FL

My wife and I travel often and prefer to stay in vacation rentals when possible. Turnkey is one of the best rental companies we have ever used. Everyone we have dealt with has been extremely responsive, professional, helpful amd friendly. They responded quickly and completely to a problem we had when we first arrived amd resolved it to our total satisfaction. They even checked back later in our stay to make sure all was well. We will certainly use them again in the future.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Chuck! We're glad our expert teams were able to take care of your issue and make you feel taken care of. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and this feedback is great to hear. Thank you again, and we look forward to hosting you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Feb. 21st, 2020

Justin Dayney New York, NY

TurnKey delivered a very clean house and great instructions for our stay. The only reason I give 4 stars is due to a phone call I had on the day of our departure. We were potentially going to be stuck in Steamboat due to a massive winter storm. We called TurnKey to see if there was any possibility to extend our stay (we knew it was a long shot) but the property was booked. That was totally fine but the conversation with the rep on the phone was very strange. She kept staying silent on the other line and seemed out of sorts. Not sure what was going on there. Anyhow, we ended up getting out on our flight as planned and the point became moot.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Justin. We appreciate this valuable feedback and will work with our teams to ensure interactions with guests are always clear, prompt and helpful. We look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time you stay with us! –The TurnKey Team

Feb. 21st, 2020

Pamela Yates Memphis, TN

Turnkey was easy to do business with. I booked our vacation and promptly received all the information I needed including detailed directions to the new development. GPS wouldn't get us to the property it was so new but we had a map in hand that took us straight to the cabin which was off the beaten path! I loved having a phone number for 24-7 access to a TurnKey associate if I needed anything. Every detail I needed was given to me right after booking and I had no need to contact them afterward. Great experience!

Reply from TurnKey

Pamela, thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so glad you had a great stay and that our communications were helpful. We can't wait to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Jan. 21st, 2020

Will C Reston, VA

TurnKey provides an easy rental experience. Reservation was taken online and card was charge properly with no request for documents or ID. All communications were done efficiently via email and text. The rental property was 100% consistent with what was represented online. All property features were in good working order (hot tub, sauna) and linens were plentiful. Best of all, I had no issues and never had to speak to a person!

Reply from TurnKey

Thanks for this terrific feedback Will! We're so glad your booking process was smooth and that you found our communications were quick, clear and helpful. Most importantly, we're so pleased you had a great stay, and we can't wait to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Jan. 14th, 2020

Chantal Jackie Linthicum Heights, MD

Avoid this company at ALL COST!. The absolute worst property management company. If you expect to be able to get a hold of someone regarding an issue with your property or guest. Good luck. They never respond and it took weeks to actually get a human being on the phone. They are too big to handle properties like they should. They dropped the ball repeatedly and continue to drop it even after I ended our contract.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Chantal, Thank you so much for the feedback. We're sorry to hear that you felt our service was not as great as it should have been. Here at TurnKey, we strive to offer impeccable customer service, and it is our hope that all guests have hassle-free, enjoyable stays at our properties. Our guest hotline is available 24/7 through call or text, and our TurnKey agents are ready to help with anything from questions about our homes, to booking a reservation, to issues that may come up during or after a stay with us. If there is anything else we can do for you, just reach out and let us know! -The TurnKey Team

Jul. 29th, 2021

J Barbush Woodland Hills, CA

Hidden fees that go straight to them (not the owner) They have huge turnover, especially in Big Bear, and no consistency. They are not an advocate for owners. If you are looking at listing, do not go with them. Constantly had things stolen, broken, and a fight to get them fixed. Overall, majorly incompetent and don't understand business. I once had someone charge $250 to re-light a water heater. That's $1k/hr. Lack of accountability to guests and owners Missing things after I left them, and now they ghost me. Do not trust them. Complete bait and switch.

richard guba

The turnkey property in gulf shores Alabama at 3304 sand dollar lane had multiple issues. These included not having linens for fold our couches, internet not working, elevator not working properly, tiles on stairs broaken, fire smoke detector going off because battery was low, etc. The biggest problem is that when you contact for fixing the issues they say they are concerned but no one shows up. I would never recommend this company or property.

Jasmine Richards DeLand, FL

I wrote a previous review just a couple of days ago. This company provides the WORST customer service ever!! Not only did I face numerous issues with my booking (see my previous post below), but when I asked to speak to someone in the resolutions team on 3/31, the associate was EXTREMELY rude!! I had just spoken with a female associate less than 5 min prior who said she'd put me in for a call back from them. Then, this male associate calls right after telling me that I won't get a call back and giving me a rude, condescending attitude and threatening to cancel my reservation without my consent!! Are you serious??!! So, I decided to post scathing reviews on every site I could find, and I tried REPEATEDLY to cancel my reservation. Then, they had the audacity to ask me WHY!!! I literally had to make several phone calls and leave several texts and answer multiple questions before anyone would even cancel my booking!! Then, the next day (yesterday), I received ANOTHER phone call asking for payment!!! This associate was completely clueless about everything that had happened the previous 4 days!!! What??!! THEN, I received a response (see below) from Turnkey saying they were "very sorry" about providing me with a "less than perfect" costumer service experience and not taking any actual responsibility for anything. "Less than perfect"?? No, this company is a TRAIN WRECK!!! I have never received such terrible customer service in my life. I regularly travel all around the country and have used various house rental companies over the years. Turnkey is an absolute disaster. They are highly incompetent, rude, and presumptuous, and the service they provide is abhorrent, outrageous, ridiculous, unprofessional, incompetent, and detestable. My friend is the owner of the rental property, and I will be telling him of my experience when I make my trip (and stay somewhere else). I will STRONGLY encourage him to find another property management company. I have also reported them to the Better Business Bureau. Do not, I repeat DO NOT, use this company for anything!!! You have been warned.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Jasmine, We appreciate you taking the time to share this information and would like to sincerely apologize for the issues you encountered with your reservation. Here at TurnKey, your feedback is highly valued, and we try our best to make things right in any way we can so that our guests know that our priority is their ultimate satisfaction. Looking at our records, it appears that the cost of your booking was initially communicated to you incorrectly. Our Guest Experience Team then reached out the following day to explain our mistake and request payment for the custom rate that had been set by the homeowner. Ultimately, we moved forward with canceling the reservation altogether at your request. Once again, we do apologize and completely understand the frustration with your booking experience, which was less-than-perfect. -The TurnKey Team

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Cadiluc Simi Valley, CA

I booked a room with TurnKey, through Airbnb. This reservation was cancelled by Turnkey, but the only notifications I received were comfirmation emails. When I contacted Airbnb for my door code on 03/08, I was informed that the reservation was cancelled. No reason was given and I had already been billed and had also paid the bill, weeks prior for the stay. I was offered no help or solutions from Turnkey, even though they caused the issue. Airbnb also provided no solutions. There were no available rooms by the time I found out and I was forced to take my Grandparents to a far away hotel, and couldn't do many if the activities we had planned, for what will probably be their last vacation. Shame on TurnKey. Horrible bussiness practices.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Cadiluc, Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. If there’s anything else we can still do to make your experience with us a better one, feel free to reach out anytime and let us know. -The TurnKey Team

Apr. 13th, 2021

Jeff Cieslak Detroit, MI

My family had scheduled a vacation to Gulf Shores Alabama last year 2020 and it was cancelled due to covid-19. We scheduled with Turn Key for the same condo on the same weekend this year 2021. 9 days ago I received an email that our vacation which we were checking in on March 27th has been cancelled due to issues with the condo. I submitted a claim with them 9 days ago to allow Turn Key to use my "credit" at another location of thiers in Gulf Shores so we could enjoy our vacation as planned with several other families. 9 days later Turn Key can not give me an answer on my vacation and if that will allow me to use MY MONEY "credit" at another location as of right now they are saying I can only use it for the same condo later in the year once it's ready to rent. Meanwhile we have 25 days until we are suppose to check in and every time I call Turn Key I get the same answer "No decision has been made at this time but I will escalate your claim to get a decision" I will never book anything using Turn Key again.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and we're so sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered. At TurnKey, it’s our highest priority to make sure our guests have the best experience possible, but if problems do arise, we try our very best to make things right in any way we can. It appears that you've since been able to connect with a member of our Guest Experience Team to discuss your specific situation, and we're so glad that we were able to find a positive resolution. If there is anything else we can still do for you, please reach out anytime and let us know. -The TurnKey Team

Mar. 10th, 2021

CSC Jax Jacksonville, FL

The house was clean and well equipped with everything we needed. We live in the area, we just wanted a quick get away with a private pool. The home was very spacious, inviting, and the subdivision it was nestled in had great amenities.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re thrilled to hear you had a great stay and hope that you made yourselves right at home. You were perfect guests, and we cannot wait to host you again!