TurnKey

4.1

LAST UPDATED: March 5th, 2022

TurnKey Vacation Rentals provides travelers with the one-of-a-kind vacation rentals that offer the look and feel of a fine hotel. The company was launched in 2012 by John Banczak and T.J. Clark and has since grown in the past several years. Today, TurnKey Vacation Rentals is backed by a world-class team of investors and has a crew of over 400 employees.

TurnKey promises that each of its properties will offer first-rate amenities. Guests can also expect each property to be professionally cleaned and well-appointed.

TurnKey differs from the competition as the company uses local teams, expertise, and technology to ensure its guests have an amazing vacation experience.

Evolve Vacation Rental Logo
Bend Vacation Rentals Logo
Bend Vacation Rentals chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Popular Destinations
  • Partnered with Homes & Villas by Marriott International
  • 24/7 Customer Support
  • Earn Passive Income

Popular Destinations

Whether travelers are looking for an oceanside oasis or a cozy cabin in the mountains, TurnKey has homes in the most popular vacation destinations in the United States. Using the search feature, travelers can find a vacation rental home in the city of their choosing. TurnKey has vacation homes in the following areas:

Arizona

• Park City

Washington

• North Puget
  • Seattle

This is not a full list of the vacation rentals that TurnKey offers, and travelers should check the website for the complete list.

Partnered with Homes & Villas by Marriott International

In order to keep up with rival companies, the world's largest hotel company, Marriott, is expanding its services into home-sharing. This year, Marriott partnered with TurnKey Vacation Rentals to provide even more luxury and premium properties.

Every property listing within Homes & Villas by Marriott International is reviewed by Marriott International's hospitality professionals — ensuring each property meets the hotel provider’s rigorous standards.

Staying at a property with Homes & Villas by Marriott International allows guests to earn and redeem points with Marriott Bonvoy.

24/7 Customer Support

TurnKey has a Guest Experience line that provides 24/7 customer support. In case travelers can't reach the local team (who proactively attend to each home), the support team works hard to resolve any possible issues.

Earn Passive Income

Those with properties in popular tourist destinations are likely to earn a profit from listing their property on TurnKey. The company's Revenue Guarantee claims that property owners will make at least $5,000 more in their first year with TurnKey.

TurnKey also promises property owners that the company will manage every aspect of their vacation rental for an industry-low commission rate — half the average rate of 35–50 percent.

The Bad

• Strict Cancellation Policy
  • Customer Reviews

Strict Cancellation Policy

All reservations that are made 11+ days in advance of check-in are fully refundable if the guest cancels within 72 hours of booking. After the cancellation period is over, all payments are non-refundable. If customers want the extra protection against the unexpected costs of cancellation, they'll have to purchase trip insurance.

Customer Reviews

According to several reviews left on BestCompany.com, the company has not kept its promise of professionally cleaning each property. Many customers have arrived at their destination and found the property in a less than a satisfactory state. Additionally, several customers have complained about the company's customer support. Several reviews claim the company representatives were unpleasant and didn't immediately respond to the issue.

The Bottom Line

TurnKey is an excellent option for those who like traveling but want the comfort of staying in a luxury hotel. The company has recently partnered with Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and members of the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program can earn and redeem points with select TurnKey locations. However, the vacation rental company has a fairly strict cancellation policy, and if travelers want to protect themselves from hefty cancellation costs, they'll have to purchase trip insurance.

2.6

Tina Schroeder Roseville, CA

I booked a home from one of TurnKey’s properties on VRBO. The total rental was $2076, and I had to put $376.66 to hold the booking (not an issue). Fast forward two weeks from the booking I found out that my sister is VERY ill with cancer so I cancelled the vacation we were going to take in April (more than 30 days out on the booking), I was told by TurnKey that I would lose my deposit to cancel! So I paid $376.66 to hold a house rental for two weeks. Way to kick someone down further while they’re going through an already devastating time in their life! I would seriously think about renting from this organization if I were you!!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Tina, Thank you for taking the time to share these details, and we're so sorry to hear your travel plans were not able to proceed as planned. We're a bit confused, however, as our records indicate that we did refund your deposit. Please know that our cancellation policy is publicly available on all our listings. As unexpected situations can arise at any moment, we highly encourage guests to invest in travel protection and provide this option within our reservation finalization process, including "cancel for any reason" protection. Please reach out to us if there is anything else we can do for you.

Mar. 14th, 2022

susan tsai Chicago, IL

We recently rented a property managed by turnkey for about $1500/night. It was evident that the house had not been cleaned. There were old wilting floors in vases with dead bugs in them, the floors and rugs had not been cleaned or vacuumed. All the bedding had hairs, including pubic hairs, in them. We spent the first night washing sheets for all the beds. When contacted, turnkey did send a cleaning crew as requested the next day. We had been out all day, returned at 4 and the cleaning crew was still there with no ETA as to when they would be done. The dishwasher flooded the kitchen because it wasn’t hooked up right and no water could be dispensed from the fridge. We didn’t have access to one portion of the property the first night either because the owner took the key with them. After these complaints, the company called us while we were still on vacation to refund us just over $500 dollars for our troubles. The stay at this house was just shy of $1500/night. When we recontacted the company today, we talked to a supervisor and was informed that no further refund could be authorized. This was straight from her boss. When asked to speak to them, they refused, stating further refunds would be denied. This company’s customer service is horrendous. Who wants to go on vacation to a dirty house, spend essentially the whole first night cleaning, have to stay out of the home once a cleaning crew came, and not have access to the whole property as described on their website. We will never use turnkey or now vacasa who just bought them again and our taking avenues to report this company.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Susan Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're sorry to hear that your stay wasn't as great as it should have been. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the cleanliness issues, the leak from the dishwasher as well as the missing key for a portion of the home. We're glad that you reached out to our 24/7 guest hotline for assistance with these issues and that we were able to address them for you. Please be assured that housekeeping has been addressed to ensure the home is being thoroughly cleaned between stays. While we know it doesn't change anything, thank you for accepting the compensation we were able to offer. If there's anything else we can do for you please let us know.

Mar. 2nd, 2022

Benjamin Myers AZ

Edit: Corporate did reach out to me and ensured I would receive a travel credit with them! I would have preferred to get my money back since now I'm out nearly $500, but since I will be visiting the area again when the fires permit, I will still make use of the credit. Corporate did seem very kind and receptive regarding the fire issue, but the woman I spoke with on the phone initially was curt and ensured there was no other option to move forward (until finally after continuous prodding, she forwarded my case to Corp.). While I understand I was a bit upset on the phone, I apologized if I was rude. Hoping my future experiences with the turnkey group are good! Thanks for the quick reply to the review and resolution. There are fires in Lake Tahoe with in a very close distance to the location I was renting. The air quality is horrible and it's dangerous to be there. I wanted to cancel my trip over a week before going and they've refused to refund any of my money and we're extremely rude to me about it. They're a snakey company that is more than happy to screw you out of your money, even when the trip is for a proposal. Useless 3rd party that steals from their customers.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Benjamin, Thank you for taking the time to share these details, and we're so sorry to hear your travel plans were impacted by the wildfires. It looks like you were able to connect with our Guest Experience Team and we are so glad we were able to reach a positive resolution. If there's anything else we can do for you, please reach out and let us know.

Sep. 8th, 2021

J Denver, CO

This property, 111 E Marlin Unit A, is beautiful, well kept, and close to the beach.The many restaurants and night life are literally a couple minute walk away. The property is a perfect get away for couple or a small family. The quiet/semi private pool area is a treat. This property is highly recommended! This property, 111 E Marlin Unit A, is beautiful, well kept, and close to the beach.The many restaurants and night life are literally a couple minute walk away. The property is a perfect get away for couple or a small family. The quiet/semi private pool area is a treat. This property is highly recommended!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi J, Thank you so much for your review and kind words about our property! We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. You were the perfect guests, and we look forward to the next time! -The TurnKey Team

Apr. 5th, 2021

An Los Angeles, CA

Everything with turnkey was so easy and comfortable.the problem was the unit that we booked. The unit that we booked had a sharing patio but unfortunately we couldnt use it because of the other unit people . The other unit that has stairs to the patio and the people who were staying there seated in the patio from 8:30 am till night, they didnt care anout others and thought its only thiers to use. I cheched every hour to find a chance to go and seat and enjoy the weather but not lucky. They have to mention all bookers to use the patio for limited time and let others enjoy too. they had their breakfast, coffe,lunch and dinner over there. They didnt walk out even for 5 min. So annoying Also there were some insects behind the bench in the unit,it lookes they disnt move the bench for years and the furniture was sooooooooooo old and the bed was soooooo uncomfortable. That unit doesnt worth thag much that i paid. I think better to stay at the hotel and enjoy outside too.

Bill Whitinsville, MA

I made a reservation to Stay in Hilton Head SC. We booked a house and had 12 people staying there. We are going down there to see our niece graduate from the Marines at Paris Island NC. We booked the house in November. This week on Wednesday 1/5/22 we received a confirmation email with our key code etc. On Thursday 1/6/22 we received another email saying our reservation was canceled by Turnkey. We rented an RV for the family and were suppose to arrive in SC on 1/12/22. It was canceled 5 days before we were suppose to leave!! I called Turnkey which said that the reservation was canceled by Airbnb for maintenance issues. Airbnb did not cancel the booking as Turnkey was the host and canceled the reservation. Turnkey was suppose to have a represntative call me within 24 hours. It has been 30 hours and no one has called me back. I have called Turnkey multiple times. All I am told is there is nothing they can do and that they refunded my money. Really? They refunded my money!! Wow! Great Job Turnkey.. How about calling me back and finding me a plaace to stay. The house I was suppose to stay in was sold and the new owners did not want to rent it out. I was lied to and told it was canceled for maintenance issues. Do not use this company. They do not care about you and will not treat you right. The family still does not have a place to stay. All the hotels are booked. I do not know what we are going to do. I just wanted to get the family together to see my niece graduate the marines. This is awful..

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Bill, Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback, and we apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Unfortunately, it looks like the home is no longer available with our program so we were unable to rent out the home as planned. When something like this occurs, we do everything in our power to find nearby, similar property options that we can transfer your payment over to or cancel the reservation altogether and offer a full refund. It appears that there were not options to offer, so we needed to cancel your reservation, and your payment was refunded in full immediately. Your patience is truly appreciated, as we understand the frustration of not being able to stay at the original property you had chosen. If there’s anything else we can do to make your experience with us a better one, feel free to reach out anytime and let us know.

Jan. 10th, 2022

Samantha Corso Queens, NY

I work in hospitality, I have never experienced such terrible service in my life. I wish I would have seen all these horrible reviews prior. Over and over I contacted turnkey in an effort to resolve issues I had with the property; everytime I was told that a supervisor, 'resolutions rep,' or a someone from the 'local homecare team' would be in contact--no one has yet to contact me (it's been over a week). I have outreached turnkey no less than 20 times in an effort to resolve, and no one with authority has contacted me. To start, our rental in South Lake Tahoe had not been cleaned when we arrived. Due to a storm we came to the property on the 28th rather than the 26th. I understand that we did not purchase travelers Insurence (our credit card covers this) and would not be refunded for missed days, but to show up to a filthy home with a driveway that had not been plowed is unacceptable. I contacted turnkey at 9AM on the 28th to inform them I was en route to the property, at which time I was informed the driveway would be plowed. At 6PM I was contacted by an agent asking if I was still en route, at which time I confirmed I was about 2-4 hours away. Turnkey informed me that housekeeping was 15 minutes away at this time. At 8 PM and 9 PM I contacted turnkey to confirm the rental had been cleaned, but received to no response. At 9:30PM we arrived and found the driveway had not been plowed (all other homes on the block had been plowed) and the house had not been cleaned since the previous guest two days prior. We had to drag all of our food and luggage through two feet of snow to get to the property, clean the property ourselves with very little cleaning supplies, and disrupt neighbours at 10PM so we had a place to park our cars. I asked to speak to a supervisor at this time, and was told someone would call immediately. Via text I was informed I would receive a refund and that someone would plow first thing in the morning (no one came until 1PM). I understand there was a storm, but I should have been communicated prior to our stay. It's been a week and no one with authority has come in contact with me. The 24/7 line is a joke, I keep being told that someone will be contacting me ASAP and no one responds. I spent the remainder of the trip calling the line to no avail. All I wanted was to speak with someone regarding our refund, but each time I called the 24/7 line I was told no one was available to discuss. Over and over again they redirected me, told me no supervisor was available, and ensured I was a "priority" and someone would be contacting me ASAP. I was finally contacted regarding a $200 refund for cleaning from a basic rep (they stated they could not discuss why that number was chosen nor could they connect me with anyone qualified to distribute refunds) stating that someone from the local team would be in contact with me shortly on 12/30 (still no one has contacted me). $200 to have to clean an entire home, plow a driveway, and spend hours on the phone with customer service is a joke. I will never use turnkey again and will be posting in the BBB about turnkeys failure to communicate and provide contracted services.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Samantha, Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced and can also understand your frustration with the issues you encountered and our lack of follow-up. Due to the historic snowstorm in the area, our housekeeping and snow removal teams experienced significant delays in their travel times. It appears that once our housekeeping team was able to reach the home, we respected your request for them to depart without cleaning. We are glad we were able to clear the driveway the next day and truly apologize for the inconvenience. Additionally, we understand your frustration and agree that it is unacceptable that you have not been able to speak with one of our team members promptly. Unfortunately, we have had an unexpected spike in call volume. Please be assured we have followed up with our Guest Experience team and requested they reach out as soon as possible. We appreciate your continued patience and if there is anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Jan. 6th, 2022

Patricia Strickling Anna, TX

DO NOT RENT FROM TurnKey or Vacasa! We spent 9 nights on the big island in Hawaii in November, 2021. While We had no issues with the property(condo was nice enough-see my review on VRBO), the TurnKey/Vacasa group was unprofessional and horrible to deal with. The shower head in the second bathroom broke and flew off of the wall mount into the back of our daughter’s head! Imagine if that had hit her face! Surgery would have been required! She had a headache, huge bump on her head and we missed two days of activities due to the discomfort. It took two days to get maintenance in to repair the shower causing four of us to use one shower. We paid over $500 per night for this condo and TurnKey/Vacasa, after being pestered by me, reimbursed us $185 for the inconvenience. They made no comment of apology for my daughter’s pain and bruise. If we had stayed in a hotel(we are extensive travelers and have platinum status with most major hotel chains), the property would have comped us for the cost of the room until the problem was resolved. The TurnKey/Vacasa strategy…put you on hold, return to the call and state they have done all they can do…Same strategy used by management when I insisted on speaking with a supervisor. Unprofessional. Irresponsible. Abysmal behavior. Extremely disappointed. I could not recommend this company, and hence its rentals, any more poorly. Stay with any other company, especially Airbnb or a major hotel chain.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Patricia, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Jan. 6th, 2022

Cheyenne Umbreit Saint Paul, MN

The space was beautiful. Perfect walk to the ocean the pool was amazing and the apartment was clean and spacious and decorated great. Comfy furniture and nice to have TV’s in all rooms. However our problems with the place were that when we got there, there was maybe 1/4 a roll of toilet paper in one bathroom and none in the other. The description stated that there would be cooking essentials and there was definitely not essentials. Things like oil, salt, pepper, coffee filters were all things we had to buy. You asked us to do the laundry when we left but there was no laundry detergent and considering the cleaning fee was around $250 asking us to do this as well as other cleaning when we left didn’t seem fair. The space has the potential to be 5 stars but getting to a place after a long day of travel at the very least having toilet paper To get us through the night seems like a reasonable request, as well as having a kitchen stocked with essentials would make the place better. There are no beach towels so we also had to buy that. We appreciated the chairs for the beach but the umbrella supplied was completely broken.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Cheyenne, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While we're glad you enjoyed our home and its unbeatable location, we are sorry to hear about the issues you encountered and for any inconvenience this caused as well. Here at TurnKey, your feedback is highly valued, and we try our best to make things right in any way we can so that our guests know that our priority is their ultimate satisfaction. Please know that we are following up with our Housekeeping Team to address this incident and ensure they are adequately stocking the home moving forward. With regard to the lack of oil, salt, and pepper, TurnKey does not stock any food-related items in our homes in order to prevent guests from consuming anything that has either been contaminated or has spoiled. If there is anything we can still do for you, please don't hesitate to reach out and let us know. -The TurnKey VR Team

Aug. 4th, 2020

John Cedar Park, TX

Turnkey customer service, although long wait time, was very helpful and patient (both times I called). Their COVID cleaning procedures is what kept me from canceling my trip. The condo was spotless and very clean. I felt very comfortable living in the condo for many days because of the cleaning procedures and apparent cleanliness, despite the increase in COVID cases. I did receive some conflicting information between conversations with Turnkey vs. email correspondences about COVID cleaning procedures.

Angela Iacobellis Chatsworth, CA

All in all we had a wonderful visit and great communication with Turnkey. The reason for losing a star was because we were initially told that check-in was 3pm. The day before we were told 4pm. When we did arrive they called and asked if we would be willing to accommodate a plumber coming by the next day as they were not able to repair a minor drip in the master bathroom the day of our arrival. I have a suspicion this is why our time changed. We accommodated the plumber as we understand sometimes this is unavoidable. Given that inconvenience and the fact that our checkin time was changed, we were asked for a late checkout, which they could not accommodate, which was very disappointing considering we went out of our way to help them.

Christina Large Omaha, NE

The house was amazing and clean. We had everything we needed. The views were impeccable. I was especially impressed with the communication of Turnkey. I reached out a couple days before to see if the home provided a pack n play via text. They responded immediately that it did not. But went above and beyond and provided a rental place nearby we could check out. We also appreciated the savings booking directly with Turnkey vs AirBnB. Will book through Turnkey in the future!

Lexi Vega Edinburg, TX

For the first time renting a condo, TurnKey made everything extremely easy. I have to admit all the associates who assisted me through out my stay were very prompt in answering question or any related issues. As well as being available in giving advice about the amenities. The owners of the property and their location manager were very helpful as well. Well worth a visit and thank you for letting us stay there.

Adrienne Maysey North Ridgeville, OH

We had a wonderful experience with Turnkey. They provided us with clear and frequent updates about our vacation rental. The house was spotless when we arrived and stocked with extra amenities like shampoo, conditioner and soap. We had one small issue where the key code wouldn’t work when we first arrived but it was solved quickly and immediately. Overall, we had a great experience and would book with TurnKey again.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Adrienne! We appreciate this great feedback and can't wait to host you again! –The TurnKey Team

Jul. 2nd, 2020

Pamela Sweeney Antioch, TN

We had a wonderful experience. The property was clean and inviting. This was a 4 generation gathering and we could not ask for more when it came to the house. The only suggestion that I would make is that you bri f extra garbage bags if it is a large gathering. There was only one per day and with 10 ppl and cooking every day, we had to get more. The upstairs could be cooler and I l ow heat rises, but for someone who has hot flashes being upstairs was difficult in the summer while the lower level was an icebox. All in all, it was wonderful.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Pamela! We're so glad you and your family had a wonderful experience. We will have our team and the owner look into options for better cooling the upstairs during the spring/summer months -- thanks for that feedback! We hope to host you again soon! – The TurnKey Team

Jul. 2nd, 2020

Tammy Khounlavong South Point, OH

Loved the view, location, amenities & such! Issue we had was the Key code. So everyone arrives right at 3:00pm? The condo was ready, it was 2:45. Let us in, it was a long drive and we were tired. I called for help, was told I had to wait until 3pm. Code still didn’t work. Had to call back, was waiting to speak to someone for almost 17 minutes. Suddenly had to answers random questions. Should have taken care of that when I first called or called me that day to ask to ensure no issues with me getting into condo. Why send me a code that obviously was never intended to work? Very frustrating.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Tammy, Thank you for taking the time to share this feedback with us. While we're glad you enjoyed our home and its immaculate ocean view, we would like to apologize for the issues you encountered while trying to access the home. Please know that we are following up with our Guest Experience Team to address this incident and prevent similar problems moving forward. If there is anything we can still do for you, reach out anytime and let us know. You were excellent guests, and we look forward to hosting you again! -The TurnKey VR Team

Jun. 24th, 2020

Kathy Chicago, IL

Check in was extremely easy! The townhome was clean and supplied with everything that we needed for our stay. Turnkey contacted me both by text and email a few days prior to the trip, so that I had all the necessary information. We had a few questions come up during the week, and I was able to send a text to a Turnkey representative, who promptly responded. Overall, I would highly recommend Turnkey and would stay at their properties on future trips.

Chuck G Panama City, FL

My wife and I travel often and prefer to stay in vacation rentals when possible. Turnkey is one of the best rental companies we have ever used. Everyone we have dealt with has been extremely responsive, professional, helpful amd friendly. They responded quickly and completely to a problem we had when we first arrived amd resolved it to our total satisfaction. They even checked back later in our stay to make sure all was well. We will certainly use them again in the future.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Chuck! We're glad our expert teams were able to take care of your issue and make you feel taken care of. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and this feedback is great to hear. Thank you again, and we look forward to hosting you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Justin Dayney New York, NY

TurnKey delivered a very clean house and great instructions for our stay. The only reason I give 4 stars is due to a phone call I had on the day of our departure. We were potentially going to be stuck in Steamboat due to a massive winter storm. We called TurnKey to see if there was any possibility to extend our stay (we knew it was a long shot) but the property was booked. That was totally fine but the conversation with the rep on the phone was very strange. She kept staying silent on the other line and seemed out of sorts. Not sure what was going on there. Anyhow, we ended up getting out on our flight as planned and the point became moot.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Justin. We appreciate this valuable feedback and will work with our teams to ensure interactions with guests are always clear, prompt and helpful. We look forward to exceeding your expectations the next time you stay with us! –The TurnKey Team

Pamela Yates Memphis, TN

Turnkey was easy to do business with. I booked our vacation and promptly received all the information I needed including detailed directions to the new development. GPS wouldn't get us to the property it was so new but we had a map in hand that took us straight to the cabin which was off the beaten path! I loved having a phone number for 24-7 access to a TurnKey associate if I needed anything. Every detail I needed was given to me right after booking and I had no need to contact them afterward. Great experience!

Reply from TurnKey

Pamela, thank you for this wonderful feedback! We're so glad you had a great stay and that our communications were helpful. We can't wait to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Jan. 21st, 2020

Will C Reston, VA

TurnKey provides an easy rental experience. Reservation was taken online and card was charge properly with no request for documents or ID. All communications were done efficiently via email and text. The rental property was 100% consistent with what was represented online. All property features were in good working order (hot tub, sauna) and linens were plentiful. Best of all, I had no issues and never had to speak to a person!

Reply from TurnKey

Thanks for this terrific feedback Will! We're so glad your booking process was smooth and that you found our communications were quick, clear and helpful. Most importantly, we're so pleased you had a great stay, and we can't wait to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Sandy Jessen Missoula, MT

Our flight was canceled due to bad weather. We immediately let Turnkey, Vrbo, and the property manager know. We were advised not to cancel outright as we would l9se the money from our booking. We'll, here we are trying to rebook a couple of days later. Looks like we lose the money anyway. Good thing I purchased the worthless cancelation insurance!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Sandy, We're sorry to hear that your travel plans were impacted by weather and that you were dissatisfied with our service. If there is anything we can still do for you please let us know.

Mar. 2nd, 2022

Kjacobi Washington, DC

I can barely put into words the upset and distress this company has caused me and my family. We rented a home in South Florida for the Thanksgiving Holiday, and after our children swam in the pool for about 30 minutes, I noticed my daughters swimsuit had been completely bleached and stripped of all color. I had never seen anything like this, so we became concerned the pool was over-chlorinated. We reached out to TurnKey and after much arguing and constantly following up with them, they sent the pool company out. They claimed the levels were fine, so we continued to swim. We then realized the children started to get red splotches all over their skin, consistent with chemical burn, and my daughter's beautiful brown curly hair was now platinum on the ends and straight, and it began to disintegrate and fall out. This was beyond upsetting, as it would be for anyone to see this happening to your children. I continued calling and texting TurnKey to ask them to either send the pool company back out, or at least show any sort of concern for what was happening. They have this automated "we feel deeply for your troubles and will do everything to fix it" response when you call or text. They asked us for photographic evidence of everything that happened to our children, which we sent. They escalated my concerns to their "corporate resolutions team" who then said, they can't help us because the pool company said everything was fine. Ignoring the photo evidence we sent them. I took it upon myself to have another company check the levels, sure enough, the chlorine was 30 ppm, and it should have been between 5 and 6 ppm. They said those levels would damage anyone's skin and eyes and hair and no one should be swimming in that water. I have called, emailed, cried, begged, pleaded for someone to call me and make this right, only to be completely ignored. We paid for a pool that we can not only NOT USE, but actually caused chemical burns, ruined our clothes and ruined my daughter's hair. They obviously DO NOT care about their customers when there is a real issue. I lost sleep because of the upset this company has caused, and my daughter was distraught because we had to cut her hair to get all of the bleached, damaged parts off. Our entire trip was completely ruined, and I urge anyone and everyone to find ANY other rental property to use. Steer clear of TurnKey at all costs.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Kjacobi, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Dec. 16th, 2021

Ryan Tempone West Palm Beach, FL

Illume | Chic Music City Hideaway | Huge Balcony, Nashville Property ID 2025900 - We arrived and the unit was poorly maintained with scratches and scuffs on walls and floors which did not appear in rental presentation photographs. The top of the cabinets and refrigerator was filthy with dust. The icing on the cake was when my wife went to put her Apple Watch in the bedside table she found a bag of used sex toys and a used condom. We contacted Turnkey and notified them of the biohazardous and unacceptable conditions and requested a refund of the trip price thinking we would go elsewhere. There were plenty of other rental properties and hotels available that did not contain bodily fluid biohazards. Turnkey told us we would be contacted in one hour. No phone call. We called again during the trip and Turnkey said they were working on it. No phone call the balance of the trip. We called to inquire status upon return to Florida and they said any refund would be handled by Corporate. I asked to talk to Corporate directly and they said there was no way of contacting them. No feedback for several days. I then called again and they notified me that Corporate offered a meager $250 refund. I asked how would I ever know about this if I hadn't called a fourth time? The response was someone from Corporate would call me to discuss. Someone from corporate finally called me on Sunday 11/14 a week after the trip concluded to let me know $250 was the best they were to offer and that I signed a contract. I have shared this information with the Better Business Bureau, Google, Yelp, and Turnkey's website.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Ryan Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you encountered during your stay. Our records indicate that one of our agents reached out to you on 11/5/21 at 8:00 pm, less than 15 minutes after you called to report the issues. We offered to send housekeeping out to address the items and you declined to have them come. Again we apologize for the inconvenience but we thank you for accepting the compensation we were able to offer. If there is anything else we can do for you please let us know.

Xiaotong Chen Cupertino, CA

KEEP AWAY FROM TURNKEY!!! Due to the weather condition in Lake Tahoe, I had to cancel my family trip for Thanksgiving and wanted to cancel a booking within 2 hours - literally 2 hours. The customer service told me that I can cancel it but I wouldn't get refunded. Basically, I am $1,100 out for nothing. These days, even the worse company won't steal money from their customers like this. This is from their reply to my cancellation request- "TurnKey reservation agreements do not allow for refunds due to unexpected travel changes (injury, job loss, etc.), storms (hurricanes, tornadoes, etc.), natural disasters or illness (including COVID-19)." This is basically saying "give me the money and who the fxxk care about customers". Do yourself a favor and keep away from TurnKey. Don't be stupid like me.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Xiaotong Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review. We're sorry to hear that your travel plans had to be canceled. We adhere to Airbnb's cancellation policy which states that in order to receive a full refund, guests must cancel within 48 hours of booking, and the cancellation must occur at least 14 days before check-in. Unfortunately, your cancellation was outside of the grace period and therefore no refund was processed. If there’s anything else we can do for you please let us know.

ana ponce Raleigh, NC

Our vacation was ruined We made reservations about four month ago for our Thanksgiving vacation at Myrtle Beach with a total of three couples. Then about a week ago, Turnkey called me and said that there was constructions in progress at the location where we were staying and told me at the last minute they needed to move us to another location. The new location had three rooms, but only two bathrooms. They did not offer any kind of deductions for the inconvenience, when we paid the full amount to get three bed and three bath. I called over six times to have them fixed the issued they created by not letting me know on time so i could look around for another place to stay with all the rooms and bathrooms need for the same price. No one called me back to clear the situation and I was left with no vacation home to go with my friends.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Ana Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, and we do apologize for any inconvenience you encountered. When something like this occurs, we do everything in our power to find nearby, similar (if not better) property options that we can transfer your payment over to or cancel the reservation altogether and offer a full refund. It appears you didn't select any of the options we offered and so your reservation was cancelled and a full refund was issued so you could make other accommodations. Your patience is truly appreciated, as we understand the frustration of not being able to stay at the original property you had chosen. If there’s anything else we can do to make your experience with us a better one, feel free to reach out anytime and let us know.

Mary Davis Port Orange, FL

We reserved a townhome on Beech in Nashville for a long weekend. We went through TurnkeyVR because they SAY that they handle higher-end and premium properties. NOT SO, I assure you. Yes, the place had 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths, but the 3rd bedroom had a cheap, rickety bunkbed that no one could sleep in -- and opted to sleep on a sofa instead. The walls are SO damaged and lacking in maintenance -- everywhere! The housekeepers didn't even put top sheets on 2 of the beds. Glassware was put away FILTHY -- I mean, with lipstick and crumbs on and in the glasses -- not even WASHED -- and during COVID! (I immediately did the last guests' dishes upon my arrival!) They only leave 1 roll of toilet tissue in bathrooms. (Talk about CHEAP!) And here's a real kicker: NO CABLE TV for any of the TVs! That's right -- in 2021, NO CABLE TV! I didn't think to ask -- nor did I think to ask about indoor plumbing! It's pretty much a GIVEN that one will have cable tv -- and if this place wants to call itself an upscale rental, the owner has much work to do! I spent SO much time on the phone with Turnkey employees and their housekeepers that my trip was ruined. Plus, the guys couldn't watch football at the house as they'd planned! Wish I could upload photos here because they are MIND-BLOWING! Turnkey is all about making sure they get your money, but they don't care a bit about guests' comfort and convenience! This place was such a flophouse that there was even (a LOT) of Scotch tape left on the walls -- obviously from a prior guest who put up crepe paper and balloons, since remnants are STILL in the master bedroom and behind the nightstand. We travel all around the globe, but this was our first (and LAST) time booking through Turnkey VR. They do not measure up to our standards. (Frankly, a Motel 6 is better appointed and HAS CABLE TV!) Run, don't walk from TurnKey VR, folks! *AirBnB, HomeAway, and VRBO allow for dealing directly with owners that care about their properties and their guests. We've NEVER had an issue when booking a place -- even in other countries -- through AirBnB. Turnkey VP, however, is a JOKE. Apparently, they'll take ANY property from ANY cheapskate owner and have no regard for even basic standards. All you'll get from TurnKey is disappointment and countless hollow apologies.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Mary, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this feedback. We are sorry to hear your experience with us was not as great as it should have been. We strive to offer impeccable customer service, and it is our hope that if anything comes up, guests are conveniently able to reach us 24/7 on our guest hotline. Please be assured we’re looking into everything you reported and it appears that one of our agents did connect with you regarding the missing linens and was able to guide you to additional ones at the home. Please know that we’ve since given your feedback to our housekeeping staff so they can triple-check the home, making sure it is in perfect condition for our guests. With regard to the cable tv, this is not an amenity listed for the property, however, we will happily share your feedback with the homeowner for further consideration. Our local team is following up on everything else that you mentioned and will have it resolved moving forward. If there is anything we can still do for you, please reach out any time and let us know.

Oct. 28th, 2021

Sierra Griffin Los Angeles, CA

DO NOT BOOK WITH TURNKEY!! I am not one to leave negative reviews but this situation is so egregious. Back in Feb / March, we used TurnKey to book a large house for 15 people in October for my bachelorette party. Now a little less than three weeks out, the hosts cancelled our reservation without any explanation or warning. Turnkey has done absolutely NOTHING to resolve the issue. They said if we booked a new house thru them that they would cover the difference except because we’re less than three weeks out they have no comparable inventory available. We have resorted to booking another house with a different app that will cost us upwards of $3,000 more and Turnkey will not take any accountability for their flaky hosts. How come we weren’t allowed to cancel after a certain date but our hosts were? COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE AND HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. I understand that stuff happens but where Turnkey messed up is their complete unwillingness to right this wrong. They offered us a 10% discount on our next booking with them instead - what an absolute joke. Please take your business elsewhere as this business clearly has no regard for their customers. So upsetting.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Sierra, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 17th, 2021

Michael B Larchmont, NY

Management company is inflexible and dishonest. This review relates to my experience with TurnKey Management as a host for a property I rented through Airbnb. I am an occasional Airbnb renter and have always had positive experiences with hosts. We unfortunately had to cancel our out of town travel last minute. The property listed by TurnKey had a stated cancellation policy that allowed for a refund of the cleaning fee if cancellation was made prior to 4pm the day of check in, no refund after. I ended up cancelling the reservation at 4:55pm the day of checkin (55 minutes after the stated time cancellation would have refunded the cleaning fee). I reached out to TurnKey to ask for an accommodation to their stated policy, to have the cleaning fee waived as we did not use the property and therefore didn’t require a cleaning. I indicated that we had just missed the window when such a refund would have been provided. I noted the rental rate and other costs of the rental were lost costs. And further recognized this was a request that was outside of the stated policy which was clearly listed on the Airbnb site - but asked for an accommodation to waive the cleaning fee as we hadn’t checked in and would not be using the property. This led to a series of several emails with the company with them repeatedly directing me back to Airbnb, inaccurately stating that it was outside of their control to grant an adjustment. An Airbnb rep directed me back to TurnKey and ultimately confirmed that hosts are able to (and often do) grant accommodations and directed me to the app feature (which I used) specifically designed to request such adjustments. After much back and forth with the company, they ultimately declined my request on the basis that they were unable to refund the amount because I booked through Airbnb. I realize they have every contractual right to do so, but felt the way they handled the request and their ultimate decision was both dishonest and inflexible. It has been a frustrating experience and one I wanted to share with other potential renters. I hope your experience is better.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Michael, Thank you for taking the time to share these details, and we're so sorry to hear your travel plans needed to be cancelled at the last minute. As situations such as this can arise at any moment, we highly encourage guests to invest in travel protection and provide this option within our reservation finalization process, including "cancel for any reason" protection. At this time, we are following the terms of our standard Cancellation Policy. Thank you for sharing this feedback, and please reach out to us if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Oct. 5th, 2021

Ashlee Kalis Fall River, MA

We booked a rental through TurnKey Vacation Rentals in Napa, CA. The pictures online photographed a “luxury” property with a beautiful outdoor lounging area, pool and jacuzzi. The location reported it was ideal for wineries as well. Driving to the property was a huge challenge, up winding roads that are unsafe especially for non-locals. This was not mentioned in the description. When we arrived at the property it was evident that the property had not been visited in quite some time- there were leaves and brush all over the outdoor area, the hot tub was visibly untreated, cob webs all over the frame of the home. The outdoor space was completely unusable. When we were finally able to get inside (code to door was not working, we had to call multiple times for entry), the home spelled of cigarette smoke. There were spiders and spider webs everywhere, bugs in corners, and hair EVERYWHERE… all over the bathroom floor, shower, and all over the beds. The house had clearly not been cleaned and was completely unacceptable. When we refused to stay and showed Turn Key photo evidence, they refused to refund us and said they would have a cleaning crew perform a “deep clean”. Why was this not done prior to our arrival? After much back and forth, TurnKey decided they would refund us about $1,500 of our $4,600. Do NOT book with this company. They do not accurately portray their properties online and then refuse to correct their errors. It is also impossible to communicate efficiently with supervisors. They should have done the right thing and refunded us completely. Instead we were left paying for this property AND a hotel in Napa.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Ashlee, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 3rd, 2021

CSC Jax Jacksonville, FL

The house was clean and well equipped with everything we needed. We live in the area, we just wanted a quick get away with a private pool. The home was very spacious, inviting, and the subdivision it was nestled in had great amenities.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We’re thrilled to hear you had a great stay and hope that you made yourselves right at home. You were perfect guests, and we cannot wait to host you again!

Sep. 8th, 2021

Rebecca Hardie Lafayette, CA

The house itself, with the amenities and instructions, was great. Troubling was the fact that we found a strange man creeping around the property on several different days. He frightened our teenage daughter who was alone one afternoon at the home. If he is a concerned owner, he should have knocked on the front door rather than creeping on the property. Otherwise, the home itself was nice but we felt a bit unsafe after seeing him repeatedly.

Jose Jimenez Marshalltown, IA

The was beautiful and very well kept. The location was amazing with an even better price. Turnkey kept us updated and so well informed we never need to get in contact with them. We definitely recommend Turnkey and look forward to our next stay!

Jacqualine Gridiron Visalia, CA

Friendly staff. Helpful when I called. My only issue was getting into the house we stayed in. Both this year and last year the code we were given (a day or to before arrival) was not activated. So We had to wait until we got ahold of someone to activate a new code to get into the house.

Jess B. East Bernstadt, KY

The rental condo was fine, however I did not notice any additional measures taken to improve sanitation due to COVID-19. In all honesty, the condo could have definitely been a little cleaner and even better maintained. As far as the beach goes, the particular beach for guest access (Sunset Beach) from our condo was AWFUL! Me and my husband were not aware that vendors would be on the beach and certain areas did not allow personal property (umbrella, beach chairs, etc.) set up near the water—only if you rented chairs and an umbrella from the vendor and got lucky enough to get one of those rental spots would you be sitting near the water. But please note, renting a chair and umbrella still did not guarantee a perfect or preferred spot. You never knew where you were sitting until the vendors showed you the tag with your name in a particular location on the beach that day. Overall, it was just an extra, unexpected expense that should have been explained in better detail when the beach and location was detailed. I really wish we had known these details before we booked concerning the beach set up. Hope this review helps someone else.

Dawn New York, NY

Turnkey was very helpful in the rental process. They emailed and texted me ahead of time with all details. We had trouble entering the property because of the lock and Turnkey answered my text right away and resolved the issue. I thought Turnkey made the process very smooth and easy

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you, Dawn! At TurnKey, our "smarter way to vacation rental" includes prompt and clear communications, delivered in the ways you prefer. We're so glad we could fix your issue quickly, and that you found our processes smooth and easy. We look forward to hosting you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

New York Women In Film and Television New York, NY

Turnkey was great!!! They answered all my questions by text and email right away and at any time. Very easy process to rent and they kept me up to date with everything I needed for the house and my vacation. Would definitely use again and recommend. Thanks.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you! We truly appreciate this feedback and pride ourselves on providing exceptional service, including clear communications. Thank you for being a valued TurnKey guest ... we can't wait to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Feb. 7th, 2020

Carrie C Winder, GA

Turnkey was so easy to work with. At arrival our lock code didn’t work one 2 min phone call and she sent me a new code and stayed on the phone with me to make sure it worked. Check out was so simple no list to follow simply set the AC unit to a certain temp and you’re on the road.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for being a valued TurnKey guest, Carrie! We're so glad our expert team was able to solve your issue quickly and make you feel taken care of. We look forward to hosting you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

collree Doylestown, PA

We had a great experience with our TurnKey rental in Nashville. Everything about the experience was professional and easy. We had no problems with check in or check out and the one issue we had with getting the TV to connect was solved quickly and easily.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We take pride in providing exceptional guest experiences, and we're so glad you enjoyed your stay. We're also pleased your issue with the TV was solved quickly. We look forward to hosting you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Jan. 29th, 2020

Patricia weber Louisville, KY

We really enjoyed the cabin. It is really modern appliances and furnishings. We really liked the view from the hot tub. The game room was fun and my girls loved being able to watch movies in the movie room. The only complaint that I have is a dirty rug in the master bath I just rolled it up and didn’t use it. The knife set in kitchen was not clean. Other then that everything else was nice.

Reply from TurnKey

Thanks for this feedback Patricia! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay. Our local team will address the items you shared, and we will use this feedback to help us improve the experience at this home for future guests. Thank you again for being a valued TurnKey guest. We can't wait for your next stay with us! –The TurnKey Team

Lisa Sanchez San Marcos, CA

It was confusing to rent through VRBO then be routed to Turnkey. Then when you walk into the condo the owner has lots of laminated signs and instructions to follow. One point is that you must have parking permits for your cars on two different signs it is emphatic, so I had to wait on hold for 15 min for a Turnkey agent to tell me no permits needed. I had to call a 2nd time and wait 20 min to figure out how to get a key for the laundry room and hot tub area. Needs to be streamlined.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you Lisa! We list our homes on multiple listing sites to help work with travelers on the channels they prefer to book on. We're sorry if this was confusing, but we do hope our communications were clear in that regard. Parking can also be a very important detail in a vacation rental stay, with many locations having specific regulations around where and how cars can be parked. We apologize for any confusion and delay in getting clarity on this. We will use the information in your review to enhance our guest communication around this home. Thank you again, and we hope to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Tracy Pleasanton, CA

The management at TurnKey were amazing! I felt really valued as a customer with the establishment. They were literally a text away. I will surely stay in a location managed by TurnKey again and recommend them to my friends that travel. Thank you for a wonderful and well managed stay.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you! We're thrilled by this feedback Tracy. We're so glad you had a great stay with us. You are truly a valued TurnKey guest, and we can't wait to host you (and your friends) again in the future! –The TurnKey Team

Jason M. Austin, TX

First time using Turnkey. Was seamless. I received emails and texts with all the necessary information and when I had to call in and talk to a person, they promptly answered and quickly helped me with my question. Thank you for a pain-free, wonderful experience!

Reply from TurnKey

Thanks for this great feedback Jason! We're so glad you had a wonderful experience, and that our communications were clear, prompt and helpful. We can't wait to host you again soon! –The TurnKey Team

Lindsi Hudsonville, MI

Turnkey was wonderful to deal with! We will be booking thru turnkey again in our vacation future. They make sure their rentals are taken care of and clean! Our vacation house was BEAUTIFUL! Thanks turnkey for making our first experience with you so wonderful!

Reply from TurnKey

We truly appreciate this terrific feedback, Lindsi! We're so glad you had a great stay, and that you experienced the home cleaned and maintained to our high standards. We can't wait for your NEXT stay with us! –The TurnKey Team

Eva Sun City, CA

Very Cute Cabin. Loved staying there. Would probably book again. A few problems. The trash in the bathroom was completely full with other people's trash (yuk!). The microwave had not been cleaned; it still had oatmeal or something throughout. Also, I have never stayed anywhere, hotel or air b&b, that did not have at least one complimentary cup of coffee.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for this feedback, Eva. We're so sorry for the issues with the cleanliness of the home – that was not up to our high standards of service and cleanliness. We will communicate this with our local team and housekeeping vendors to ensure it doesn't happen again. Please contact us 24/7 if there's anything you feel we need to follow up on. Thank you for being our guest, and we look forward to hosting you again soon! – The TurnKey Team

Dec. 31st, 2019

Rachel Carson City, NV

We had a unique experience with our stay. We were evacuated from the property due to a wild land fire and everyone I had contact with were amazing. A young man contacted me several times to make sure we had access to updates to ensure our safe departure.

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for sharing your experience, Rachel. The safety of our guests and homes are always top priorities, and we're so glad you're safe. We look forward to hosting you again soon. –The TurnKey Team

Oct. 30th, 2019

Lisa Parrott Saginaw, MN

My husband and I and our 3 girls had an absolute perfect experience in Florida with TurnKey. Our accommodations were amazing!! When we travel again, our first call will be to TurnKey. We couldn’t have asked for anything better. Everything we needed was supplied and accessible at all times so we could enjoy our trip. Thank you so much!!!

Reply from TurnKey

Thank you for this incredible review and we loved having you as our guests! We look forward to hosting you again soon. Thank you so much for trusting TurnKey with your family vacation.

Oct. 28th, 2019

Peter San Francisco, CA

Avoid. if you value your vacation. The most horrible experience. They ruined our vacation by just cancelling last minute out of the blue. When asked for a remedy, pointed to a small print in the legal agreement that they can cancel at any time, presumably even a few hours before you trip.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize if you had a less-than-perfect experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve experiences for future guests. We are not able to identify your reservation with this information but would like to look into your situation further to learn more. If there is anything we can still do for you, please reach out to us through our 24/7 guest hotline and let us know.

Jan. 31st, 2022

Joshua Robinson Kennett Square, PA

Awful pandemic response. Stay away! We booked a house at the beach for our family this Christmas. Our family came down with Covid last minute so we can’t stay at the property. Turnkey would not help at all. We are not only out the plane tickets, we are out over $2500. VRBO asks all property owners to offer at the very least a partial refund or credit. This company is the lowest of the low. A world wide pandemic and we are out a ton of money. My family is devastated and this makes it even worse.

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Joshua, Thank you for taking the time to share these details, and we're so sorry to hear your travel plans were impacted by COVID-19. It looks like you were able to connect with our Guest Experience Team and we are so glad we were able to waive the policy to which you originally agreed when booking your stay and offer a credit for a future visit. We appreciate your patience as we work towards a positive resolution. If there's anything else we can do for you, please reach out anytime and let us know.

Dec. 30th, 2021

alexandra bolusia Peyton, CO

I’m trying to reach out to all review sites to reach as many people as possible as to what a scam this company is. We booked a stay in Seattle for this upcoming week. We booked through AirBnB with no issues, a two bed, four person accommodation. Three days ago, one of the members of our party needed to check the listing for an amenity and noted that listing now stated 2 people and 1 bed. Looking at our reservation, it indeed showed the place was listed as a 2 bed, 4 person accommodation. Not liking surprises, I reached out to Turn Key on Friday to see what was going on. The agent on the recorded line noted that the listing had been changed a few weeks ago. So right off the bat, Turn Key knew about this and never notified us. I asked what this meant and the man I spoke with promised a supervisor would call me back by 6 pm. That call never came. I reached out around 7 pm to see where the supervisor was, but was told they were busy trying to fix this and would call me in a half hour. That call also never came. The next morning, I reached out again. Because nobody at Turnkey was proactively reaching out as they said they would. Throughout the day, I was promised it was being worked on. I did get AirBnB involved, who called Turnkey while I was on the line. Turnkey assured AirBnB that we were fine and they were going to take care of us. Which is more information than we had received at this point. AirBnB told me that they expressed to Turnkey to not cancel this reservation, so if there was an issue, they could help us find a place and transfer it. Several hours passed, still no word, and less than five days from departure. I was told by the agent that they couldn’t get to me yet because they had numerous other vacationers that needed to be moved because of issues that had vacations before me. Is this even normal to have to move that many people? I asked for a supervisor and was put on with Shaquanta. Turnkey. Your calls are recorded. Shaquanta was by far the rudest individual I had spoken with. Zero compassion, spoke over me the whole time. I asked her to stop speaking over me and let me finish what I was trying to express. She said she wasn’t talking over me and continued to interrupt me the whole call. I asked to speak to someone else because of how disrespectful she was being and she said that she was it in terms of who I could speak with. She proceeded to say she had no timeline for the resolve and there were other people ahead of me. I told her to adhere to what Airbnb said and if there is still an issue, to not cancel the reservation so they could transfer us without having to pay a second time. She said mhm and that was it. Turnkey. 45 seconds later, Shaquanta cancelled my reservation. I received the text with her name. How in 45 seconds did this get resolved when for two days I was told there was no timeline. This was spite, pure and simple. There are almost zero listings left on AirBnB and it will take up to 15 days to get a refund. This company has been promising me a follow up call since Friday. It is Monday. To everyone and anyone, beware. Not only will they cancel your reservation because the owner of a property no longer wanted four people (and turnkey knew about this for weeks), but also for a staff that has works in customer service and has zero customer service skills. My husband and I travel on average 30 times a year. We are always staying at rentals. We will ensure that we never touch turnkey and will let everyone we know who is looking for recommendations to never touch the properties here. Cheers to leaving four girls stranded a few days before their trip when you knew of the issue all along!

Reply from TurnKey

Hi Alexandra, Thank you for taking the time to share these details. We sincerely apologize for your poor experience, which does not appear to meet our high standards of service. Please know your feedback is highly valued to help us improve our service and experiences for future guests, and we are looking into your situation further to learn more. Thank you again.

Oct. 3rd, 2021