Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

9.2

Evolve Vacation Rental Network

verified
The company charges a set 10 percent fee

Evolve Vacation Rental Network was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry. Evolve Vacation Rental Network is designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental Netowrk is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

Wendy Bauman
December 10th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

This is the worst company of thieves. they owe us $1000!!!! We rented through them and then found out that a house that sleeps 10 had no table or chairs. it was a 60th birthday celebration and we had to cancel because there was no way this group of older folks could all sit around on the floor with their plates in their laps. it was never meant to be a picnic party. the interior of the home was very nice but the exterior was completely disgusting. It was billed as lovely, on the lake and totally appropriate to sit outside and enjoy the scenery! Not possible...it was hideous outside. don't ever rent through these people because they have no integrity or customer service. And, be careful because they're all over airbnb and vrbo but they make you rent through them so there is not recourse. Buyer beware!!!

Kenia Lugo
December 7th, 2018 Floral City, FL

When looking to rent a unit we saw on VRBO I contacted Evolve with questions we had. The agent I spoke to was very helpful and the questions he had no answers for he researched and called me back within an hour with the information we needed. He helped us in making the decision to rent. Thank you.

Sheela Mudan
December 5th, 2018 Tampa, FL

I have had great service whenever I have had questions especially today. Luke B took his time to help me with my questions and setting up the calendar. He was very patient and helpful.

Deb Johnson
December 5th, 2018

Switching over to partner with Evolve to book my rental property on Marco Island was the best decision! Evolve has lived up to all of their commitments and continue to make improvements. The transition to working with them was seamless. First step you are connected to an on-boarding professional who works with you on setting up your webpage and scheduling a photo shoot to help promote your property in the best possible light. You get to approve of the final page before going live. Once live they promised to get me more bookings and they delivered and they starting delivering immediately. I got my first booking within 24 hours of my property going live on their website, and the bookings just kept coming.!!! My home was rented 30% more this year than it has in the prior 6 years working with a private property management group. Not only did Evolve get me more bookings but they also charged me half of what I was paying to the property group I was working with. I went from paying 20% plus any incidental costs with the private management team to only a 10% booking fee with Evolve. And best of all you dont wait to get your money! You get 30% at the time the property is booked and the remaining 70% within 30 days of the guest arrival date. This is a huge asset. With my prior management group I got the money 1 week after the close of the month that the guest stayed even though they put a deposit down at the time of the booking. Crazy! Now its true I am more involved with the ongoing management of the incoming guests than I was before but to me that's a plus. I get to personally connect with the people staying in my home and understand first hand what they like and what may need to change. I prefer being involved rather than getting a "surprise" bill for a repair or change that I knew nothing about. I also love the Evolve owner website. It provides you with all of the details you need to know about incoming guests, how many bookings you have, how much money you have earned, etc. . This may not seem like a big deal but my experience with the private management team was I didn't get any of the renter/guest information. As far as the renter or guest knew my property management group owned the home. They kept that information from the owner. Importantly, if you have questions, or need help, Evolve representatives are always, always responsive. You can connect with them live on the phone, you can chat with them on the owner website or portal or send them a request via email. Whatever method you choose you can count on a timely response. They are a very helpful team of people. Net overall my experience switching to Evolve has been nothing but positive and if you are thinking about a change or getting into the rental property business- Evolve is a great booking partner.

David A
December 7th, 2018 Rancho Mirage, CA

Very happy with the service that David A Provide for me . Thank you for your help

John W Hodges
December 5th, 2018 Goodlettsville, TN

Evolve's multi-channel marketing model and geographic reach are world-class. If I ever put a vacation rental property on market, I'll quickly engage with Evolve. Evolve was very accommodating during the on-boarding process and answered ALL questions asked, with a partner-friendly attitude. World-class company!!! Commission very fair and covered all details.

Janie Suttles
December 3rd, 2018 Pigeon Forge, TN

As a new homeowner with Evolve, I had some questions regarding the exposure of my property and the rates we are charging. After speaking with an Evolve associate for a few minutes, I was encouraged and confident that things are going as expected. Thank you, Evolve!

Michael r vest
December 5th, 2018 Dandridge, TN

Evolve rep David was very helpful in assisting me ...tge guest wanted to stay another night and David handled it in just a few minutes

James E Dillenburg
December 3rd, 2018 Kewaunee, WI

I appreciate how attentive Evolve people are to my questions and requests. And they are phenomenal in resolving thorny problems, e.g. double booking, even though I caused the problem.

Nancy B.
December 3rd, 2018 Monument, CO

Everyone I have talked to has been extremely professional, courteous and knowledgable. They take the time to do things right, and the follow up is timely. I would highly recommend using Evolve for your rental company management needs! It's worth every penny! 5 STARS!!!!

john chaisson
December 5th, 2018 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

Customer Service "we feel as a Home Owner is less than acceptable". You must email the company and they fail to respond for days. They don't update there vendors with new data and as such funds for rentals go to accounts that Evolve knows don't exist anymore to accounts that are closed and take weeks to get your money.

Claudette Clouatre
December 3rd, 2018 DETAILS

Used this service for the first time. Easy to use, no issue with booking or charges. Recommend using Evolve

Debbie Walley
December 3rd, 2018 Alexandria, LA DETAILS

Evolve was a great experience. My second with them. No surprises. Can reach someone by phone if need be and will certainly continue to use them in the future.

Kelly
December 3rd, 2018 Lockport, NY

The property was nice, but upon arrival the kitchen was dirty. We had to clean it before it could be used. The stove top had food on it and the garbage can was disgusting. The property could use a fresh paint job and new carpet. The bedrooms were nice and the beds were comfortable. The decor was stylish. We enjoyed our stay once we cleaned some and got settled in.

Mary MunozDec 04, 2018

Kelly, we are so sorry the property was not properly cleaned prior to your arrival and truly appreciate you bringing this to our attention. It sounds like you have been in touch with a representative here at Evolve and we are pleased to hear you have come to a resolution. Thank you again for making us aware of the situation and for taking the time to discuss the matter so we can ensure this does not happen again. Best - The Evolve Team

Patricia K Brasier
December 3rd, 2018 Ballwin, MO

This is worst company i have ever worked with!!! They would not answer any of my questions about the property unill i paid in full! Once i got the home owners # and complained they sang a different tune. I will not rent any property associated with Evolve ever again.

Mary MunozDec 06, 2018

Hi, Patrica. We are so sorry to hear you had a less than perfect experience. Thank you not only for taking the time to bring this to our attention, but also for discussing the situation with our Traveler Support Team. We are pleased to hear you have come to a resolution and we hope to work with you again soon. Thanks - The Evolve Team

denise bell
November 28th, 2018 Bluffton, SC DETAILS

Luke was very responsive to my needs. He alos offered some good advice and assurance on market trends.

noelle v milam
December 6th, 2018 Roanoke, VA

Evolve has definitely helped me get more rentals, however some of their policies are cumbersome, and they always seem to be severely understaffed or staffed by people who are poorly trained.

Bonnie
November 27th, 2018 Southampton, PA

I am so impressed with the level of professionalism, patience and understanding with every team member I have dealt with. I am certainly not the easiest client to deal with and they have held my hand and walked me through step of the way. If I could give 10 stars, I certainly would!!

Tim Saunders
November 27th, 2018 Burke, VA

Consistently fast and friendly owner support. Overall, a very good experience. As newbies to renting out our vacation home, the folks at Evolve have made it so easy for us, and knowing they have our back with excellent advice has eased any anxiety tremendously. Highest recommendation.

Janet B
November 27th, 2018 Hot Springs, AR

I have only been involved with Evolve for a short period, but in the time I have been privileged to work with them they have provided excellent service. They are professional yet friendly and well versed in the art of vacation rental. I highly recommend Evolve for anyone considering using a vacation rental service or providing a vacation rental service.

Vik
November 27th, 2018 Santa Clara, CA DETAILS

My experience in all transactions with Evolve staff from my initial conversation , to the listing, photographs,Bookings, Payment etc and their help line has been superb. Have just completed my first "web chat" with Sabrina and I was so very pleased with the entire conversation - and the "I can take care of that for you" attitude. I would definitely recommend Evolve to any one wanting a hands-off vacation rental management.

Jane T.
November 27th, 2018 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS

I needed a few questions answered about our owner site and I used the online chat feature with Evolve. I was communicating with David and he was very helpful and thorough in answering my questions. Our listing has been live for only 4 days and within 24 hours we had a booking. So far so good!

Adrienne Lorenz
November 27th, 2018 Yucca Valley, CA DETAILS

I’ve been with Evolve for over a year now. I was new to the vacation rental business and heard about them online. I thought about making a go by myself but saw the fees to sign up for Airbnb and vrbo. Evolve didn’t charge anything and would put me on all different websites and take professional pictures of my home and do the write up. It really was a no brainer. It took a couple weeks to get it all together, but I couldn’t be happier. My home is in the Joshua Tree market. Evolve charges 10% and does all the work. They take care of my calendar, answer questions with the guests, and send me my money. I always text the guest right before check in to introduce myself and let them know to contact myself with any issues with the property. So far I’ve had great reviews and only one guest that I won’t have back. (He let his dog swim in my Koi Pond and got mud everywhere.) I feel my property is being marketed very well and love the added insurance that Evolve gives me. I would recommend this company to anyone doing vacation rentals.

Baldwin Bobe
November 20th, 2018 Pensacola, FL

Luke listened to my concerns and was able to provide answers that resolved the problems I reported.

Pam
November 20th, 2018 Portland, OR

Sabrina rocked! Help me (very patiently) through some questions I had as a nervous *my first renter" landlord experience, and helped me with some corrections I had made on my check in details. Super!

Diane Rifkin
November 27th, 2018

Generally speaking, the team is very responsive and accessible by phone. Email is efficient if you are already dealing with an agent on an issue. I've had excellent dealings with several representatives, including but not limited to David, Haley, Caitlin and Blake. An area where I think there can be improvement is with the Live Chat, which is often unavailable, and getting quicker responses when submitting a Request/Ticket. Overall, Reps have been professional and effective. There has also been an issue with the disparity between Evolve's no refund policy - and that of Airbnb. This should be resolved and explained better to owners.

Jlapalomento
November 20th, 2018 Berea, OH DETAILS

After booking a vacation spot with Evolve, and paying by credit card, I did not get a confirming email in the next 5 minutes. I was getting ready to call when my phone rang - an Evolve team member explaining the issue and fixing everything on the spot. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Lynn Faust
November 20th, 2018 Emmaus, PA

I am always more than pleased with every person I talked to who works in the customer service department. Becoming a vacation home owner with Evolve has made the rental process easy. Each request was handled quickly and followed up with an e-mail.

Jan
November 14th, 2018 Denver, CO

We have been very pleased with Evolve. Not only do they allow homeowners to keep the highest percentage of rental income, they offer amazing customer support to their homeowners, and guests alike. Specifically we had several updates for our listing, for the information, and also the pre-stay details, and Josh M. and Anna S. were amazingly responsive and helpful to make the changes needed, and answer any questions we had.

yvette fournier
November 13th, 2018 Old Saybrook, CT

I had to pleasure to work with Luke B. This man deserves a raise. He did an outstanding job. I see him talking on a much larger position in the company. He listened, I never felt judged. Outstanding job, Luke. Best, Yvette spacesoftheheart.com

Allan Murray
November 13th, 2018 Monroe, WA

As always Evolve does a great job responding to our needs as owners. Luke had a lot of great input regarding the concerns of a past guest. His experience and intuition was very valuable to us. Allan & Mary Murray Light in the Woods 326055

Ashley Allred
November 8th, 2018 Lake Forest, CA

Evolve had made our vacation rental cabin a success! The marketing that Evolve does and having the expertise really has made a difference. Ryan with Evolve has been so beyond great...he really stands out and always tried to help in any way he can!

Den
November 7th, 2018 Chicopee, MA DETAILS

One of the worst property management company. Had so many issues with them, don't waste your time and money on this people. Customer service will tell you lie after lie. Just horrible experience.

James
November 1st, 2018 Hemet, CA DETAILS

From the beginning to the end five star service I would like to point out Haleigh was fantastic a great asset to your company. She made our stay the best one could hope for! I will be back soon we visit at least 3 times a year. If this rental is available this will always be our first option! Thanks again! James

Aimee Montgomery
October 1st, 2018 Georgetown, DE DETAILS

I had a rental property confirmed and paid for. 1 week before checking in I contacted the home owner to get the door code and was told the property was not available. This was remind you a week before checkin. No one contacted me before this happened. This left me with having to find another location very quickly and definitely not through this company. Will be warning future users not to use evolve. Very frustrating and dissatisfaction.

Mary MunozOct 10, 2018

Hi, Aimee. We are so sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced leading up to your trip. Our Customer Experience Team has attempted to contact you to apologize and learn how we can reconcile the situation, but they have not been able to reach you. If you have a moment, could you please call us at 877.818.1014 so we can be sure this does not happen again. Thanks - The Evolve Team

Jennifer Daugherty
September 27th, 2018 Fort Mill, SC

Customer service was extremely responsive.

Anita Quinones
September 25th, 2018 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

I called Evolve because I was not sure about the connection between them and VRBO. I was pleased to find that i actually speak to someone connected with the property and get a clear explanation of the relationship between the two companies. The person with whom I spoke was knowledgeable and courteous. I found out that in the future I will be able to work directly with Evolve to rent a property. It should be noted that the ability to speak to an individual when renting a property is very important to us.

Teri Bacher
September 17th, 2018 Harrisburg, IL DETAILS

The house was nice. It is marketed as a great family rental home. I think the description of the property should make it very clear that there are no TV's in the home. There is no explanation on how to use wireless sound sysem. When we arrived the house was 78 degrees downstairs - WAY hotter upstairs - it took until 3am for the upstairs to feel comfortable. A normal size coffee pot would have also been nice -we went out and purchased one for our stay

Rejeana Gvillo
September 14th, 2018 Memphis, TN

My friends and I booked a rental property in March 2018 (made deposits, received confirmation, etc). In September, the reservation was cancelled, stating that the room had been double booked; however, the room was in fact relisted at a higher price. They would not honor the original reservation. DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU PLAN ON ACTUALLY USING THE RESERVATION YOU MADE.

Mary MunozSep 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, Rejeana. We would like to speak with you to better understand the situation, however, we can't find anyone with your name in our system. Could you please call our Customer Experience Team at 877.818.1014 so we can work towards a resolution together. Thanks - The Evolve Team

Sherry Wilkinson
September 17th, 2018 Holland, IN DETAILS

Evolve made booking simple. Kept us informed of check in information and who to call if we had a problem. We even had a back up person just in case.