Evolve Vacation Rental Network

9 hours ago

Evolve Vacation Rental Network

verified
The company charges a set 10 percent fee

Evolve Vacation Rental Network was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry. Evolve Vacation Rental Network is designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental Netowrk is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

3.9

Ginger Hixson
June 20th, 2018 Jonesborough, TN

It was terrible the room was awful and the person I spoke to said ocean front it was not. The room was terrible

Jennifer Brown
June 20th, 2018 Ocean Springs, MS DETAILS

Horrible customer service. Rude and not helpful at all. Would not help me out with getting a refund after I did not stay at the house rental for fear of my safety and mu4 kids safety. The manager was rude and wouldn’t even listen to my complaint. Horrible company and I will never rent from them again. Giving them a rating of a 1 is too generous. False advertisement too. The property did not look like the picture. Be aware of their non customer service. I was in tears and the manager basically told me oh well you are not getting a refund even though you didn’t stay at the house and I am not calling the owner just because you don’t feel safe. Worst customer service I have Ever experienced. Do not rent from this company

Dianna Jensen
June 18th, 2018 Grand Junction, CO DETAILS

We started with Evolve in January of this year. New to the Vacation Rental we have relied on the advice of the professionals, EVOLVE. They have been able to answer questions we have, suggest ideas, and give advice when needed. I tried to manage our VR on our own for one month and found it to be a waste of my time. I have 2 other businesses that need my attention and so having them manage people, bookings, money, advertising, and cover insurance has been a Godsend. We have surpassed our expectations with the rental and we are only in the sixth month. They have delivered what they have promised and we couldn't be happier. Thanks again EVOLVE for making our job easier by your great service. Sincerely, Dianna and Larry Jensen

Ken Fischbeck
June 15th, 2018 Laguna Beach, CA

In a resent booking a Guest requested a service that we started charging for which inadvertently remained in an included service. Instead of passing off the problem to the owner to resolve with the Guest, Evolve Staff took the lead to expeditiously resolve to issue to the satisfaction of all. This is the kind of organization that we definitely what to partner with and represent our property. Thank you Evolve

Tracy L Zikes
June 12th, 2018 Riner, VA DETAILS

EVOLVE's rental management model is a win-win for me as a homeowner. Their team of experts have proven their commitment to my success by widely and professionally marketing my home at a fraction of the cost other management companies charge. They take the reins, eliminating the stress of rental management, while perserving my overall ability to closely oversee each aspect of the process. Their team is responsive in answering my questions and addressing my concerns. With over $30,000 in rental bookings in the first 6 weeks of joining the program, EVOLVE is delivering what they promise. I couldn't be happier with my decision to put my trust in EVOLVE Vacation Rental Network.

Jean Nagle
June 8th, 2018 Pinellas Park, FL DETAILS

Evolve is a new company that is stepping in and taking the job away from the host cleaner. Each website that you post your property on provides the option of a co-host partner. That co-host Works to help the property manager by answering text messages of the new guest by providing information for the new guest by cleaning the location for the new guest all via text message on your calendar app on your phone. . When it's all said and done the cleaner gets their cleaning fee and gets 10% of the overall guest stay. This company is taking money away from the hands of cleaning companies and your own pocket. Go through airbnb's Fair wage pledge. They have simply taking this idea and used it for themselves. You are paying a company to do the job of a co-host. And that co-host is usually the cleaning person for the property. I see this as a sham and I see it as stealing money out of the pockets of people who work very hard. If you want to help why don't you make a section on this website for those that are cleaners and those Property Owners seeking people who are cleaning. This job is the job of a property manager and someone who is a cleaner and someone who can document Damage Done. This company does not provide all of those services. You are paying your money for duplicate Services already provided to the property owner on the respective sites. They are simply answering text messages when guests arrive and handling your calendar which then maid or cleaning service can do . And anyone can pay for Better Business review . Posting your property on each website is considered advertising and marketing. I will do it for you then it's that simple. There is no advertising and sales in this company once you have posted your property it is done there is no more advertising to do. This company is stealing money from you because they are providing a service that is already provided to you already through the sites that you list your property on. Have I made myself clear

Mary MunozJun 11, 2018

Hi Jean, We apologize that this is the impression you have about us, but we're a bit confused by your review. Evolve does, in fact, have a vetted network of local partners, including cleaners, who work with many of our homeowners. However, we do not employ these partners directly. We simply help to connect our homeowners with reputable local partners, and our owners pay these partners directly for any services provided. In an effort to streamline the communication process, we also notify our local partners whenever we book a home they service. If you have any questions about how our service works, we would be happy to speak with you over the phone. You can reach us here at 877.818.1014. I hope this helped clear up your understanding of what we do. Please do not hesitate to reach out! Best - The Evolve Team

Ron Tucker
June 4th, 2018 San Angelo, TX DETAILS

Easy and it was easy to change original booking 100% satisfaction with Evolve

Mark
May 29th, 2018 Oviedo, FL DETAILS

We rented a property on the Big Island in Hawaii through Evolve on 2/4/2018. When we booked there was no volcanic activity on the island. Today the situation is very different. Homes have been destroyed, people have been evacuated and injured, there has been an increase in fissures, ash has drifted to Punaluu beach and helicopter evacuations are being readied in case the situation could get worse. I understand that the entire island has not been impacted but my family does not feel safe vacationing on the Big Island at this time. In addition to these hazards my oldest daughter also has had asthma since she was a child and we are concerned about the ash, vog and air quality from the west part of the island through the south and east. We kindly asked for a refund of our deposit but were told the following. "Evolve and the homeowner are only responsible for the home itself and are not liable for the surrounding area of a home. As long as the home is accessible and functioning properly, even in cases of natural disasters, it is entirely up to the discretion of the homeowner to provide a refund for a cancellation. Unfortunately, a refund was not authorized in your case, so I am unable to process a refund of your initial payment." The property ID is 351153 and it's listed as Modern House w/Private in the heart of Hilo. Be wary of working with Evolve and this specific property.

Mary MunozJun 04, 2018

Hi, Mark - We're sorry to hear about the issue with your cancellation and appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. It sounds like our Customer Experience team was able to connect with you, and we're glad to hear you were able to come to a resolution. We hope you'll consider Evolve for your next getaway.

Becky Coubrough
April 30th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

Great communication although it was a little confusing going through HomeAway and Evolve.

Mary Hedin
April 30th, 2018 Lansing, MI DETAILS

The house was just as described. Clean and comfortable. The house was located a block away from nice cafe, restaurants and small shops. Communication with Evolve was good. We were able to check in early.

Cassie Friendship
May 18th, 2018 Southgate, MI

I loved the house we stayed at. We had such a great vacation. Staying at a nice clean house made it easier to have fun.

Blair
April 30th, 2018 Breaux Bridge, LA

Dealing with Evolve Vacation Rental was a very smooth and easy process. There were no issues and I have nothing bad to say!

Katie Hansen
April 2nd, 2018 Sacramento, CA DETAILS

Very unprofessional customer service reps and cancellation policy not clearly listed on VRBO. I will never rent from them again.

Mary MunozApr 05, 2018

Hi, Katie - We're very sorry about your experience, and that you couldn't easily find our cancellation policy. We appreciate the time you took to provide our Customer Experience team with your feedback. It sounds like you were able to come to an acceptable resolution, but please let us know if you have any further questions. We hope you'll consider Evolve for your next trip.

Jennifer Hershaft
March 29th, 2018 Winter Springs, FL DETAILS

My experience with evolve was very easy. No hassle at all. All the information was provided and you were well informed as the vacation date approached.

Anne Marshall Reiffsteck
March 12th, 2018 Chicago, IL

As a customer, I recommend avoiding this company. They engage in fraudulent pricing tactics. This morning, I requested to book a rental property at the published rate of $255. They ignored my request all day, then "updated" the price to $332 per night. I called to find out why, and they were unapologetic about the intraday price increase. They refused to honor the rate that was published at the time of my booking request.

Mary MunozMar 12, 2018

Hi, Anne - We're very sorry to hear about your experience when trying to book one of our properties. Though pricing and availability can change at any time, we understand the frustration of wanting to book a property only to have the rates increase before you've had a chance to reserve it. Thank you for taking the time to communicate with our team here at Evolve, and we are glad you're satisfied with the resolution. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused, and look forward to assisting you with your next getaway.

Ruth Lee
March 1st, 2018 Yorktown, VA

It was so easy to book. The communication after booking was excellent & really helped us know where we were going, how to get in, etc. Our place was just as described if not better & if we had encountered any problems, we had a phone number with a real person to contact. That is so unusual in this type of industry.

Serena
March 1st, 2018 Peoria, AZ

Response time was less than 24 hours to confirm reservation. It was reassuring to know that what I wrote in my request was acknowledged by the representative. Made me feel like my business was appreciated. Transaction was easy and seamless!

Linda Hansen
February 28th, 2018 Avoca, IA DETAILS

The process of renting was wonderful. We had all the information we needed prior to arriving at the rental. We ended up needing an additional night because of flight delays and were accommodated with no problems.

Antoinette Garcia
March 1st, 2018 Bernalillo, NM DETAILS

Very helpful representatives answered all questions I had for our rental property and helped us save some money.

Erica
February 28th, 2018 McCordsville, IN DETAILS

Booking through Evolve was so easy! I booked over the phone and they were quick, helpful, and pleasant to deal with. The cabin we stayed at was not as nice as portrayed on the website though. Whoever manages this property for them does not clean very well and is not very aware of problems at the property. There was dirt and grime everywhere and there was a mouse problem that didn’t look new judging from the amount of drippings found.

Carol Johnston
February 28th, 2018 Fairport, NY

We we extremely please booking with the Evolve Vacation Network. From making the initial reservation, to charging the deposit, to making the final payment on-line, everything ran smoothly and on time.

Karin Warner
February 28th, 2018 Minneapolis, MN DETAILS

The booking and rental experience was easy and fast. There were no unanswered questions or worries and made for a fantastic carefree vacation

Marisa Finlayson
February 26th, 2018 Eugene, OR DETAILS

I stayed at an air bnb which this network was running on behalf of the owners. After needing to reschedule the trip due to a family emergency Evolve Vacation Rental Network and the owners of the home were able to work with me with no extra fees. The stay at the home was fine, however I would like to note the photos of this particular house might have been a little misleading in terms of the backyard. Otherwise, the stay was fine.

Ramona
February 22nd, 2018 Dawson Springs, KY

This was my first time reserving through evolve and it was great. They answered my questions right away through email and also called me within a few minutes to be helpful.

Amanda
February 22nd, 2018 Brighton, CO

The process of booking our condo was pretty simple. Communication prior to our stay was good, we knew exactly what we needed to before our trip. The condo was nice. I was very impressed with how well-stocked it was. I brought a lot of my own kitchen supplies but didn’t need them because the condo had everything we needed. Plenty of blankets, towels and pillows. The only issue we had was that the pool was advertised to be open at 10:00 AM which it wasn’t and we couldn’t get a hold of anyone. We finally got in around noon but by then the kids were tired and hungry. The pool was the biggest reason we booked this place so we were bummed.

Jerica
February 22nd, 2018 Belleville, NJ

The employees at Evolve were very helpful when I needed to make some changes to my stay at the rental home. Their responses were prompt and the overall customer service is very satisfactory. I will definitely look into renting another home through Evolve in the future.

Matt Colomb
February 22nd, 2018 Theodore, AL DETAILS

Excellent customer service over the phone. Detailed e-mail confirming reservation and check-in policy. Very detailed e-mail about the condo we rented but I would have liked to receive that e-mail a few days before we arrived.

Bridget Topp
February 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I have used Evolve twice so far when I had work trips to Colorado. Both times everything went off without a hitch. From booking to checkin/out. Would use them again!

Brandon Sparrow
February 22nd, 2018 DETAILS

First experience with Evolve, it was a smooth transaction with no issues.

Ricardo J Moran
February 22nd, 2018 Peoria, AZ DETAILS

Evolve was an easy, fast and user-friendly service. I was able to ask them any questions I had about the property. They were quick to respond and best of all, friendly about it.

Chris Dolan
February 20th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Overall, good experience. Received check-in instructions promptly, no issues there. The problem I have is with the condo I rented, pictures and descriptions made it sound great. Nothing like that when we got there.

Kaylin
February 16th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

They gave me ample information about my upcoming rental which made the whole experience of it really stress-free. I loved the place we stayed at - it was gorgeous, well-kept.

Michele Van Skyock
February 15th, 2018 Fountain Valley, CA DETAILS

Working with Evolve was easy and seamless. We were given all the information to access the rental property prior to arriving and their web site/app made it super easy to view the information about the rental.

Kent Moore
February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

The home we stayed on the Big Island was fantastic. Great location, clean home, and the kids loved the pool. Best pool we’ve ever had in Hawaii.

Lisa Farinella
February 14th, 2018 St Louis, MO

Instructions an descriptions were very clear and easy to understand. The process was made incredibly clear.

Beth
February 14th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I really enjoyed renting through Evolve! I need help with a question and it was so easy to contact them- and the response came back so quickly! Would definitely work with again!

Tammy
February 14th, 2018 Cody, WY

Easy straight forward transaction, questions were answered promptly.

chelsea
February 14th, 2018 Englewood, CO DETAILS

Working with Evolve was really great. I was emailed all the info for checking in and checking out the day before our stay which was really nice. It had all the details and information I could need. I had to contact someone there because I had trouble with the door lock and she got back to be so quick as was super helpful. My only con would be that the house thermostat was set to be pretty cold upon our arrival (it was winter too) and it took a bit for the home to heat up. I wish someone would have set it a bit higher before we arrived. Not too big a deal though.

Taylor Mabra
February 14th, 2018 Dallas, TX

Awesome house! Perfect location to get to the nightlife, restaurants, and golf courses. Would recommend this house to anyone staying in the Scottsdale / Paradise Valley Area.

Raffi Tachdjian
February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

It was a pleasure booking with Evolve Vacation Rental Network. Communication was fast & easy. Self check in option was effortless. The home was beautiful and had everything we needed. Highly recommend booking with Evolve Vacation Rental Network.