Evolve Vacation Rental Network

5.4

Evolve Vacation Rentals was founded in 2010 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry.  Evolve Vacation Rentals is designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options.

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

October 8th, 2017 Lecanto, FL

Appalling! Complete rip off , property was nothing like described. Beware never use this company!

September 27th, 2017 Denver, CO

Evolve had zero hustle on our behalf. It took them two months to get me listed on vacation rental sites and when I was up I only got 1 booking over a 6 week period. This was after me getting 2-3 bookings a week when I was doing it myself. There is no advantage to using them over doing it yourself,

September 20th, 2017

Evolve does not stand behind the properties on the renter's side and misrepresents the quality of the rental properties they managed. I rented an Evolve property in RI and we moved out after one night-dirty, moldy, smelled of mildew. We were forced to find another property that was actually habitable. Ruined our vacation, platitudes and terrible customer service--stay AWAY!!

July 28th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Had a safety issue with dogs running loose on shared property. Response time from Evolve was 7 days later. Way past the time to address the issue. Made contact with the other property manager listed in rental contact issue was professionally dealt with in 24 hours. Also I would advise renters to be aware of the 'damage protection ' clause in the rental agreement. Even though we have used VRBO & Airbnb for years, we mistakenly meant that to be a refundable fee. If property was left in the condition as you found it. Not so it's an additional non-refundable charge of $17 per day max. amount $250. We were given a $100. Credit for our next Evolve booking. But I feel their fees are too high and customer service is very poor. So I don't think we will be using Evolve anytime in the future.

July 5th, 2017 Basking Ridge, NJ

As an homeowner who uses Evolve to rent my vacation home, I can't praise them enough. Our listing went public with Evolve and their partner sites on 1/1/17 and we were booked solid every weekend in Jan/Feb/March in a matter of weeks. We have steadily rented in the interim months and have had great bookings all summer; some are full weeks even though we only have a 2-3 night minimum. I've even had repeat business already! Evolve walked me through the process, has a fantastic user interface online, updates my listing whenever I make changes, handles my billing, and has handled one or two renter issues as soon as they arose. I would recommend this company to anyone. Renting my house has been a completely pleasant and FUN experience because of Evolve!

June 28th, 2017 Edmond, OK

They advertise misleading charges on their rental sites. Charges made to credit card are different than the billing sent online.

May 12th, 2017 Kent, WA

Refusing to transfer dates to the new weekend, even though dates are available. Secondly, poor customer service. Thirdly, they refused to respond to my requests For help in this matter. Worst booking service ever.

May 10th, 2017

Stayed for a weekend in a crummy cabin in Big Canoe - spent a meager $600 and was only reimbursed $100.

January 12th, 2017 New York, NY

Evolve Vacation Rental Network ruined Christmas 2016. It was my turn to plan Christmas for our family of 4. After hours spent combing through listings, it was decided we book Tuscan-Style 3BR Phoenix House. Paid in full through AirBnB on 09/23. On 10/22 I had a change of heart and asked if we could cancel. Evolve got back to me immediately stating that if we cancelled we would only recieve 50% of total paid, less any fees. Not wanting to lose almost $1k we decided to keep reservation and book our flights. Fast forward to 12/18, I reached out to see if we could get early check-in. Evolve responded, suggesting I contact the city host. I was informed by the host that they had no reservation for 12/22-29. This was DAYS before the four of us were scheduled to fly in, all from different cities. I immediately contacted Evolve and spoke with a rep who confirmed we had no reservation. How could this happen since 1) money was paid in full on 09/23 and 2) i was told to contact city host. Since we planned so far in advance, this was a major blow. The person at Evolve took all my information and assured me they would credit and took all my information. Hours went by and i didn't hear from them until shortly after I called AirBnB to file a complaint and get a refund. That was when Evolve called back, HOURS later, to speak with us and give us a refund. They sent other listings in the area, but none compared to our original reservation. I will NEVER EVER use Evolve Vacation Rentals. They dropped the ball and didn't do enough to clear of their error. This was very stressful and even though they made a half hearted attempt to find us other lodging, it was clear that this wasn't a priority to them. My family and I found alternate lodging on our own. Evolve did offer us a $200 credit which we didn't even acknowledge. If this is how they operate I want no other dealings with the company. Do better.