Evolve Vacation Rental Network

9.2

Evolve Vacation Rental Network

verified
The company charges a set 10 percent fee

Evolve Vacation Rental Network was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry. Evolve Vacation Rental Network is designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental Netowrk is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

3.9

Teri Bacher
September 17th, 2018 Harrisburg, IL DETAILS

The house was nice. It is marketed as a great family rental home. I think the description of the property should make it very clear that there are no TV's in the home. There is no explanation on how to use wireless sound sysem. When we arrived the house was 78 degrees downstairs - WAY hotter upstairs - it took until 3am for the upstairs to feel comfortable. A normal size coffee pot would have also been nice -we went out and purchased one for our stay

Rejeana Gvillo
September 14th, 2018 Memphis, TN

My friends and I booked a rental property in March 2018 (made deposits, received confirmation, etc). In September, the reservation was cancelled, stating that the room had been double booked; however, the room was in fact relisted at a higher price. They would not honor the original reservation. DO NOT USE THEM IF YOU PLAN ON ACTUALLY USING THE RESERVATION YOU MADE.

Mary MunozSep 14, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention, Rejeana. We would like to speak with you to better understand the situation, however, we can't find anyone with your name in our system. Could you please call our Customer Experience Team at 877.818.1014 so we can work towards a resolution together. Thanks - The Evolve Team

Sherry Wilkinson
September 17th, 2018 Holland, IN DETAILS

Evolve made booking simple. Kept us informed of check in information and who to call if we had a problem. We even had a back up person just in case.

greg kneedler
September 13th, 2018 Gallatin, TN DETAILS

Dealing with them was great ,the only kick was the beds were hard as a rock, i think my beach chairs felt better.

Kristin Ruby
September 13th, 2018 Sun Prairie, WI DETAILS

Booking was a snap, communication leading up to and after the trip was wonderful. We would definitely book with any of their properties in the future.

Ann Calvey
September 10th, 2018 San Mateo, CA

We have been with Evolve for only one year and they have been wonderful, from the first call they took us through everything to on board our property, step by step. they were always happy to help, and got back to us very quickly with any problems or concerns and marketed our property to our best advantage. I cannot speak highly enough of them, across the board they are excellent We have been rented every weekend and and this is only our first year. The advertise on 7 or so different sites. We had a problem with one renter and they went back to Arbnb and got us more money for extra cleaning which I did not think we had a hope of getting. I am very happy we chose Evolve.

Todd Rabin
September 6th, 2018 Forest Hills, NY

I books my stay with Expedia. I did speak to Evolve and was delighted with their customer service.

Jennifer Mydosh
September 4th, 2018 Cuddebackville, NY DETAILS

Wonderful! My family and I went to Myrtle beach SC for the first time and had a wonderful stay and experience with the evolve team! The property owners Linda and mike were the kindest most accompanying people you could ever meat! We changed our check in date last minute due to excitement and evolve made the change quick and painless! Would reccommend in a heart beat!!!

Brenda watson
August 30th, 2018 Laurel, MS

They were so nice and very helpful. I had a question after I booked and they were great. I will use evolve vacation rental network next time I need to book a vacation so easy and love how friendly and nice they were thanks again!

Elena Coriano
August 30th, 2018 Bayonne, NJ

Very helpful only had to call once ! Quick response

NICOLE NELSON
August 29th, 2018 Woods Cross, UT DETAILS

Great service and communication. Knowledge of properties and owners is helpful.

Judith
August 20th, 2018 Hendersonville, NC

The condo was relatively clean, the master bath counter was covered with makeup and hair. There were a lot of the owner's personal belongings in the closet, drawers and under the bed. The hot tub temperature could not be adjusted. I made several calls, and sent texts to the appointed property manager and this issue was never resolved. The water was tepid, too cool for bath water so we were never able to use it. It's been 3 weeks since we checked out and still have not had a resolution to the hot tub issue, we asked for a partial refund and have not been given an answer. There is no view from this unit except the parking lot. We left the unit considerably cleaner than we found it. There is a property management charge in addition to the usual fees, taxes and cleaning fees. This was $227 for 6 days which I feel is exorbitant since management did not take care of problems with the unit.

Mary MunozAug 23, 2018

Hi, Judith - Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We are so sorry you did not have a wonderful stay and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. It sounds like you've connected with our Customer Experience team and we hope they've addressed everything to your satisfaction. Cheers - The Evolve Team

Mary-Kaye Soderlind
August 15th, 2018 Kent, WA DETAILS

From the time we decided to have a family vacation (rather late) until we checked out of our wonderful beach house, the entire process couldn't have been easier. Our families will definetly use Evolve again.

Chad Metzler
August 14th, 2018 Wayne, NE DETAILS

We rented a house in northern California (Crescent City) and absolutely loved it. We were 5 minutes from the ocean. Booking and all interactions were very good.

Pamela T Evans
August 9th, 2018 Lithia, FL DETAILS

The photos and description of their properties aren't always what they seem..I rented a vacation home that apparently was in an historical area of town..Evolve failed to mention that it was in a sketchy area to begin with..Sad part was I called Evolve before booking to make sure the home was in a safe neighborhood cause I was unable to see the surroundings. They assured me that it was and that they sent out their own representatives to ensure the safety of those booking..So I booked it when I arrived, it was in fact the ghetto..Homes beside the house and around the house were in shambles some were even boarded up and some homes had broken out windows..The home they rented to us, looked to be remodeled in the photos but when we arrived, electrical outlets weren't staying in the walls, the old wooden home was missing smoke detectors, dirt and particles were all over the front porch and the house was not very clean.. When we contacted the manager of the property he told us there were no trash cans because they were being stolen so he told us to leave our trash bags on the back porch.. What a huge disappointment..My family felt so unsafe there that we left immediately tried over and over to contact Evolve and left 3 messages with no returned call. We ended up at a hotel and the next day we called Evolve again..This time we told them what happened, even provided photos of all this and the owner and Evolve refused to refund or give us anything for this. Now waiting on my credit card company dispute to see if they can come up with a resolution for us.. I will never trust nor use Evolve because they are unethical and do not practice safety for their clients.

Mary MunozAug 14, 2018

Hi, Pamela - Thank you for making us aware of this situation. We’re so sorry for the troubles you faced upon arriving at the property. We strive to ensure all of our homes are Safe, Clean, Guest Ready and As Advertised, and we definitely fell short in this case. It looks like our Customer Experience Team has been in touch with you to work towards a resolution. Additionally, we are currently in the process of reviewing the property to determine if it’s a viable fit for our network. Thank you again for your valuable feedback as it helps us create a safer and more successful network. Best - The Evolve Team

JW
August 8th, 2018 Boise, ID DETAILS

I paid $414.00 for a 2-night stay at a property to have access to a private pool. Upon arrival the pool was green from algae. Further research indicated it is unwise and unsafe to swim in pools that are green due to algae. Unable to use pool until the next day. Spoke to Owner who deferred us to Evolve Vacation Network. Given it was a health safety issue we were unable to use the pool on our first night. Ask for some form of discount. Evolve did not resolve this issue but rather contacted the Owner who confirmed algae issue with pool but refused to give a discount. Property was at a high rate and yet access to advertised pool was not available. Evolve took 20-days to respond and did not advocate for a discount for me the customer. No fail safe provided should property be misadvertised or unsafe. Customer is still on the line for the full payment. BAD BUSINESS!!!!!

Mary MunozAug 13, 2018

Hi, Joelene. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We're so sorry for the issues you experienced and we're glad to hear you were able to connect with our Customer Experience team regarding a resolution. Safety is our top priority and we've reached out to the homeowner to reinforce the importance of keeping their pool clean and accessible. Thanks again for your time and feedback. Best - The Evolve Team

Fred van der Hoek
August 7th, 2018 DETAILS

I have rented a holiday property through them. They were very punctual charging my credit card. However their punctuality responding to questions is appalling. I emailed them now 3 times with questions on the property I rented . My first email originates from early July., but to date I have received zero answers. The worst I ever experienced.

Mary MunozAug 10, 2018

Hi, Fred - We're very sorry you had trouble getting in touch with us. It sounds like our Customer Experience team was able to connect with you to provide all the information needed for a smooth arrival to the property. Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with, and we hope you have a wonderful holiday. Best, The Evolve Team

Julie Hawks
August 7th, 2018 Hendersonville, TN DETAILS

Evolve answered all my questions and gave me a no hassle rent experience. Everything was explained about what to expect, and it all went off without a hitch! Last thing I need is to worry about where I'm going on vacation, and Evolve took that out of the equation. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

James Dalfino
July 31st, 2018 Shelton, CT DETAILS

If I could select No Stars I would. I have tried to block out a private booking that I took for my own property, only to have Evolve take a booking. When I contacted them to cancel this booking, they elected to charge me over $150 for a cancellation fee. This is unheard of. Their technology is poor, and you cannot automatically update your listing, but according to them, it becomes your (the owner's) fault. This is unfair and I am moving forward with a full complaint with the DCP and Attorney General's Office.

Mary MunozJul 31, 2018

Hi, James - Thank you for providing your feedback. We understand you are frustrated with our policies, but owner initiated cancellations create a horrible experience for the traveler and we are forced to retain our booking fee to discourage this type of behavior. We've done a bit of research, and it looks like your issues with double bookings were due to fact that you continued to market your property directly after signing up for our service. We have a strict policy against duplicate listings because they can create fraud concerns with travelers and they often lead to problems with double bookings. Ultimately, it sounds like we were a bad fit for each other. Evolve was created for homeowners who want to eliminate the hassle of having to market and book their own vacation rental, and you appear to be looking for a supplement to your own marketing efforts. We're sorry to hear things didn't work out and we wish you the best of luck with your rental efforts. Thanks - The Evolve Team

James Cunningham
July 30th, 2018 China Spring, TX

Seamless, was easy to use and everything worked right. No hassle booking.

Lauren H. Andrews
July 26th, 2018 Sharon, MA

We loved this condo and location. It is a lovely spot close to NConway and close to Mount Washington so I highly recommend it to you all as it is a great balance. Clean, simple and open. We had such a great vacation!

Jessica Heitman
July 25th, 2018 Redmond, OR DETAILS

In the advertisement for the rental location insurance option, coverages were listed by Evolve as two things: illness, and damages. They should’ve listed “natural disaster.” Two families are now out $700+ dollars because I did not opt to purchase the “illness, damages” plan. In fact, a 5,000 acre wildfire roars 15 miles from this rental location. As my sister, (the other family taking a hefty loss) put it, “would you take YOUR children near this place?” The roads she would take to the property location are even closed! The poor town is covered in a blanket of smoke! If the property owner or this vacation rental company were ethical, they would mention the very real risk of natural disaster when deciding whether or not to purchase the insurance option that would cover cancellation. The agent I was unfortunate enough to speak to at Evolve thought the complaint I outlined above was laughable, but I say that when deciding whether or not to purchase insurance for cancellation reasons, natural disaster is not implicit and needs to be listed in the advertisement wording. She said to me that, “natural disasters happen everywhere. People don’t avoid vacationing at locations with a history of natural disasters,” but I disagree. I mentioned that I don’t vacation in Tornado Allley, Florida, Etc. She said “nobody vacations in Tornado Alley.” I guess she’s never watched Storm Chasers on The Weather Channel. This particular bright, sunny location in CA is ALWAYS at HIGH risk for wildfire. Shasta Co. has been having deadly fires for years, as it turns out. Evolve is absolutely awful for their poorly worded insurance advertisement, unwillingness to even partially refund or work with people who are out hundreds of dollars, and know-it-all agents who spend more time mocking your complaint and offering the “above my paygrade” remark than actually doing anything to help. I’ll never rent through Evolve again. It does not help to deal with people who live in Denver when expecting understanding about situations that are happening on the west coast.

Mary MunozJul 30, 2018

Hi, Jessica - Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We deeply apologize for the inconveniences you endured during this booking cancellation. It sounds like our Director of Customer Experience was able to get in touch with you to discuss these issues. We are delighted to hear you came to a resolution and hope to work with you again soon! Best - The Evolve Team

Michael Fahey
July 25th, 2018 Huntley, IL DETAILS

Evolve Vacation Rental was very informative and super easy to work with and through. They kept me informed as my rental date neared and provided all the last minute details needed in a timely basis. They provided accurate directions to the rental along with the needed entry code and contact persons. Also provided was information on where to shop for groceries, drug store locations and emergency medical centers. Very good, professional service! I would use again!

Lisa Durham
July 25th, 2018 Santa Cruz, CA DETAILS

I tried to get a response fromEvolve by both phone and email after reading a review that my upcoming rental had bedbugs. Received absolutely no response from them ever. Fortunately, I checked back on reviews a bit later and discovered issue was resolved. Horrible service or basically zero service. Will never book with them again.

Mary MunozAug 01, 2018

Hi, Lisa - We're so sorry to hear about the difficulties you faced when trying to contact us. Our Director of Customer Experience has attempted to get in touch with you to learn more about your experience and apologize, but he hasn't been able to reach you. If you have a moment, could you please return his call or email? Thank you - The Evolve Team

Judy Easley
July 23rd, 2018 North Ridgeville, OH

This was our first experience with Evolve and I was a little apprehensive at first. However, everything was clearly explained, easy to use and understand. Instructions were clear and timing of each step was accurate. I would have no qualms about using Evolve again or recommending them to anyone. It was a very smooth and non-stressful experience.

Javier Martinez,
July 25th, 2018 Nashville, TN

Very easy to book a place, great properties, and awesome organization. We enjoy our time in the property and no problems at all. Great Company!!! Javier

Lori Walton
July 17th, 2018 Jacksonville, FL

Evolve has been extremely helpful from the minute I signed on. Their team is very knowledgeable and always friendly. When I have a question about my listing, and I call, they have provided answers quickly, whether it be about a guest issue, or a concern about a review. I know my guests are in good hands when they call the Evolve team. Super service and at a much more reasonable price than the local brick and mortar rental companies!

marc prince
July 13th, 2018 Springfield, MA DETAILS

I was completely confused and had gotten contradicting information as to what happens when there is a cancellation under Airbnb booking, Gabi helped clear that up and sent supporting documentation in light of the fact that within your reports there seems to be a confusing presentation of data.

Nancy Brune
July 19th, 2018 Eden, ID DETAILS

Evolve was quick to respond to my inquiry, notified me in a timely manner about my rental. It was great to work with.

Mike Edelstein
July 6th, 2018 Rancho Cordova, CA DETAILS

I have rented more then a dozen times from VRBO/HomeAway, this was my first and last time with Evolve. I am not going to deal with a company that has a no refund of deposit.

Mary MunozJul 12, 2018

Hi, Mike - Thank you for providing your feedback on our damage protection program. You are correct, the damage protection you paid for is, in fact, non-refundable. However, our program requires a much smaller upfront payment the than traditional security deposits, and it offers our guests far more protection with up to $3,000 worth of coverage against accidental damages. It also eliminates the need to worry about any disputes with the owner over potential damages after your stay. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to call our customer service line at 877.818.1014. Best - The Evolve Team

Lisa
July 6th, 2018 San Ramon, CA DETAILS

Do NOT use them under any circumstances. We had an issue with a Property Manager not being responsive, the home not being comfortable and as described and no advance notice of not being able to park near the unit due to street paving in the complex where the rental was. They have a no refund policy and their Property Managers lie and it's their word against yours. Stick to VACASA or any other and avoid this rental network at all cost. They have no interest in customer satisfaction.

Mary MunozJul 06, 2018

Hi, Lisa - We're so sorry to hear you experienced some issues during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to speak with our Customer Experience team about some of these concerns so that we can address them for future travelers. It sounds like you were able to come to a resolution and might be booking another vacation soon! Thank you for your time and feedback. Best - The Evolve Team

Pam
July 6th, 2018 Mount Orab, OH

Very helpful, professional and friendly service. I will definitely book again thru Evolve.

Mistye
July 6th, 2018 Murfreesboro, TN

The team at Evolve was amazing. They were incredible to work with from booking our reservation to check out. They have a designated team member that is available 24/7 to assist with any needs you may have. The condo was clean, beautiful, and spacious. We will definitely be making our reservations through Evolve for all of our family vacations.

Ashley Allred
June 29th, 2018 Lake Forest, CA

Evolve has taken all of the mental work away from us vacation rental owners. They are so dialed in and it’s so nice that we can relax knowing that they know exactly what hey are doing. Everyone that I know that starts using Evolve makes so much more money and works so much less. It’s a no brainer!!

David Anderson
June 28th, 2018 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

Wonderful place! It was clean and smartly decorated just as it appears in the pictures. Very peaceful retreat with abundant wildlife viewing from the comfortable deck. Special touches from the owners make you feel very welcome!

Jessica
June 28th, 2018 Reno, NV DETAILS

Evelove was wonderful, the landlord however was not. I did not appreciate him contacting me personally. I felt like he was watching me some how. The hot tub was a filthy mess

Jason Grubbs
June 28th, 2018 Fitzgerald, GA DETAILS

I would have to say this was the easiest, most awesome experience ever. The girl I spoke with gave me very easy instructions on payment. She also helped me with the entire process even when it wasn’t normal operating hours. After payment was submitted, I spoke with the operating site person and he was extra helpful. Overall I would give it a 12 on a scale from 1-10. Awesome experience and I will definitely be a returning customer.

JN and KW Enterprises, LLC
June 25th, 2018 Modesto, CA

Evolve Vacation has always been professional and willing to assist with any questions or needs I have. They are trained to please and I am grateful for their input.

Frances Hampton
June 21st, 2018 Honolulu, HI

It was nice to have occasional reminders that my upcoming stay was around the corner as well as detailed cost break downs. Everything was transparent. All was helpful because three different families stayed in the rented house.

Karen Cypert
June 21st, 2018 Ennis, TX

We enjoyed our stay at Cedar Creek. The owner came by at our request and found out we had lived in the same area and enjoyed her famous "Muscadine" grape jelly at a local farmer's market. The house was comfortable, the long doc was great and we caught a few nice catfish. The water was great and we had a lot of fun. The stars and the deck were wonderful and the back yard too!