Evolve Vacation Rental Network verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

6.7

Evolve Vacation Rental Network was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry. Evolve Vacation Rental Network is designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental Netowrk is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

3.7

Chris Dolan

February 19th, 2018 San Antonio, TX

Overall, good experience. Received check-in instructions promptly, no issues there. The problem I have is with the condo I rented, pictures and descriptions made it sound great. Nothing like that when we got there.

Kaylin

February 16th, 2018 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

They gave me ample information about my upcoming rental which made the whole experience of it really stress-free. I loved the place we stayed at - it was gorgeous, well-kept.

Michele Van Skyock

February 14th, 2018 Fountain Valley, CA DETAILS

Working with Evolve was easy and seamless. We were given all the information to access the rental property prior to arriving and their web site/app made it super easy to view the information about the rental.

Kent Moore

February 14th, 2018 DETAILS

The home we stayed on the Big Island was fantastic. Great location, clean home, and the kids loved the pool. Best pool we’ve ever had in Hawaii.

Lisa Farinella

February 14th, 2018 St Louis, MO

Instructions an descriptions were very clear and easy to understand. The process was made incredibly clear.

Beth

February 13th, 2018 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

I really enjoyed renting through Evolve! I need help with a question and it was so easy to contact them- and the response came back so quickly! Would definitely work with again!

Tammy

February 13th, 2018 Cody, WY

Easy straight forward transaction, questions were answered promptly.

chelsea

February 13th, 2018 Englewood, CO DETAILS

Working with Evolve was really great. I was emailed all the info for checking in and checking out the day before our stay which was really nice. It had all the details and information I could need. I had to contact someone there because I had trouble with the door lock and she got back to be so quick as was super helpful. My only con would be that the house thermostat was set to be pretty cold upon our arrival (it was winter too) and it took a bit for the home to heat up. I wish someone would have set it a bit higher before we arrived. Not too big a deal though.

Taylor Mabra

February 13th, 2018 Dallas, TX

Awesome house! Perfect location to get to the nightlife, restaurants, and golf courses. Would recommend this house to anyone staying in the Scottsdale / Paradise Valley Area.

Raffi Tachdjian

February 12th, 2018 DETAILS

It was a pleasure booking with Evolve Vacation Rental Network. Communication was fast & easy. Self check in option was effortless. The home was beautiful and had everything we needed. Highly recommend booking with Evolve Vacation Rental Network.

Ineaka C.

February 10th, 2018 Lenexa, KS

Evolve Vacation Rental made my vacation rental an easy process. They were very responsive with answering my questions prior to our stay and assured us that everything was very available in the property.

Jennifer

February 9th, 2018 Royal Oak, MI DETAILS

Our group of six had a very negative experience with Evolve during our reservation and after speaking to their lower level manager, but a positive experience after speaking to their senior manager Stephen. For those who are considering booking a vacation rental with Evolve, be careful and do your research about the property, especially if you book through a third party website like Airbnb. We booked a Breckenridge cabin with Evolve through Airbnb for our ski trip, and were not warned of some major issues (e.g. the type of vehicle required to reach the cabin, and the fact that the cabin was not correctly located on Google maps). Because of this, we were nearly in a car accident and had to walk around for an hour in the dark and freezing temperature before finding the cabin on foot. We also had to hike 1+ mile round trip from the cabin to our car every time we wanted to go out during our stay. Evolve never returned our multiple Airbnb messages asking for help. Our only contact was their cleaning lady, who was unable to give clear directions to the cabin when we were lost and never returned our second phone call. It is unacceptable that Evolve used Airbnb to market their property, but did NOT use Airbnb to communicate about the property. We were disappointed with their lack of communication and attention to safety, and their refusal to take responsibility when we called them during our reservation. However, a few days after our reservation ended, I talked with their senior manager, who sincerely apologized for the situation and did everything he could to make things fair for our group. This tells me that, while the company still has some major operational issues to solve, their heart is in the right place.

Mary Munoz Feb. 9, 2018

Jennifer- Thank you very much for taking the time to speak with me. I sincerely valued our conversation and will be using your recommendations to revisit how we communicate with guests through the Airbnb platform. Furthermore, the safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, and I will be sure to use your experience as a training opportunity for our entire team. Thank you again for your time, and please don't hesitate to reach out if I can be or further assistance. Respectfully, Stephen Proffitt, Sr. Manager of Customer Experience.

Jillian Curry

February 8th, 2018 Depew, NY

Evolve made my weekend in Ellicottville very easy. All the necessary information was provided to me and I was easily able to contact my host. I was very happy!

LeAnn

February 7th, 2018 Fort Collins, CO DETAILS

We had an excellent experience with Evolve. Communication was timely and efficient and the place we stayed was lovely. We wouldn't hesitate to use Evolve again and will in the near future!

habib alfraiheen

February 6th, 2018 Englewood, CO

its the best customer service if you have any question. There is no wait time and easy to help.

Pat Kussman

February 6th, 2018 Amherst, WI

I don't have any complaints. They did the job they were supposed to. Everything went good.

Diana Santos

February 6th, 2018 Flowery Branch, GA

Evolve Vacation Rental Network was really helpful and it was easy to make my reservation. They confirm my reservation within minutes and made it so much easier. I strongly recommend it! I was. Ery happy!

DeLanie Dickler

February 6th, 2018 Ogden, UT DETAILS

The property we booked through Evolve was excellent and the service and ease of booking the property were excellent as well! Would definitely book again through this company in the future.

Jean

February 2nd, 2018 Detroit, MI

It was a great place to stay! We loved the view of the mountains! All of the amenities were great too - fireplace, kitchen, living room.

Francesca Costa

February 1st, 2018 Miami, FL

I intitally had a great experience with Evolve. The cabin was amazing! However, we had some minor issues (cable did not work/cable box was blowing smoke). The owner called me about the cable not working and he claimed he spoke to AirBnB in regards to some kind of refund. The next day we woke up to a smoking cable box and I called the property manager, Phil, several times and never received a response back. The smoke was probably a sign of an electrical fire and could've had terrible concequences. Upon my return back home, I contacted AirBnB who contact the "host." The Host claimed I never reported such issues and he never agreed to any refund. I was left a little confused and I was never contacted by Evolve or AirBnB again. I have screen shots of every time I called Phil and screenshots of when the so-called owner called me back.

Mary Munoz Feb. 5, 2018

Hi, Francesca. We're so sorry to hear about the issue with the cable box and for the confusion you had reaching out to the proper contact. It sounds like our Customer Experience Team was able to connect with you, and we're glad to hear you were able to come to a resolution. We hope you'll keep us in mind for your next getaway.

mark braunstein

January 31st, 2018 San Antonio, TX

We found the one bedroom condo to be totally updated and clean. We were surprised to see the coffee filters and a very well equipped kitchen. The king bed was very comfy. Very short walk to the beach.

Rachelle Konz Strom

January 31st, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO

Great property, close to Breck but private cabin with own hot tub! The management company was organized and communicated really well.

Lynn Elston

January 31st, 2018 DETAILS

We would deal with Evolve Vacation Rental Network again. My husband booked an apartment through VRBO that was managed by Evolve. Everything from the ease of booking the apartment and sedan service, to the information and bookings (if you wanted) of activities etc. was great. They were polite, efficient and helpful beyond any requirements.

Juan venegas

January 31st, 2018 Loganville, GA DETAILS

The cabin was clean and pretty. Enough space for my group, the only thing was that we choose that cabin for the hot tub and when we arrive it was broken and nobody let us know that so we here pretty disappointed with our choice...

Mary Munoz Feb. 2, 2018

Hi, Juan. We're so sorry to hear the hot tub wasn't working when you arrived, and apologize for the inconvenience this caused you. It sounds like our Customer Experience Team was able to connect with you, and we're glad to hear you were able to come to a resolution. We hope you'll keep us in mind for your next getaway.

Jordan Zavala

January 31st, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

The property rental was great and as described. All information that I needed prior to check-in was emailed in a timely manner. I ran into minimal issues working with evolve. The only thing I noticed is that there is no chance for cancellation once booked which would be my only complaint. Otherwise everything was great!!

Krista Price

January 31st, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

Helpful staff, answered all of my questions quickly and thoroughly!

Richard Gorenflo

January 31st, 2018 Nevada, OH DETAILS

The property was as advertised and was a nice quiet place to stay. The private pool was convenient and the townhouse was clean and comfortable. Representative of the owner was friendly and accommodating.

Yanira

January 24th, 2018 Siler City, NC DETAILS

Great customer Service. I called a couple of times before my trip and they were very polite and knowledgeable of everything i asked. I will be using Evolve to book my next trip.

Theresa Heinlein

January 23rd, 2018 St Louis, MO

Evolve vacation Rental was fantastic! Will use them again!!

Ashley Williams

January 17th, 2018 Miami, FL

This house has lots of space for my family. My kids loved the themed kids bedrooms and bathroom. The garage had plenty of games to play, and a pool table! The master bedroom was fully stocked with a lot of towels, wash clothes, and it even had a play yard for my baby and a baby swing. The kitchen was fully stocked and had multiple coffee makers. My overall experience was great!

Sandra McAfee-Symons

January 17th, 2018 Colorado Springs, CO

Hassle free booking and everything was as promised

Mark

January 16th, 2018 Broomfield, CO DETAILS

Evolve was easy to use and communication was fine. No issues checking in or out.

Krista Price

January 16th, 2018 Denver, CO DETAILS

The representative we worked with was prompt and gave us detailed, accurate information. The property we rented was exactly as the Evolve description said it would be.

Danielle Swenson

January 16th, 2018 Kailua-Kona, HI

I thought it was very easy to use and response time was great. However, I received a few emails about the rental and I'm not sure all of them were necessary. A confirmation email is great, and then a follow up email about check in instructions is really all that is needed.

Scotie

October 8th, 2017 Lecanto, FL

Appalling! Complete rip off , property was nothing like described. Beware never use this company!

Ryan Winzenburg

September 27th, 2017 Denver, CO

Evolve had zero hustle on our behalf. It took them two months to get me listed on vacation rental sites and when I was up I only got 1 booking over a 6 week period. This was after me getting 2-3 bookings a week when I was doing it myself. There is no advantage to using them over doing it yourself,

Elizabeth Miquel

September 20th, 2017

Evolve does not stand behind the properties on the renter's side and misrepresents the quality of the rental properties they managed. I rented an Evolve property in RI and we moved out after one night-dirty, moldy, smelled of mildew. We were forced to find another property that was actually habitable. Ruined our vacation, platitudes and terrible customer service--stay AWAY!!

Lael Dauve

July 28th, 2017 Tucson, AZ

Had a safety issue with dogs running loose on shared property. Response time from Evolve was 7 days later. Way past the time to address the issue. Made contact with the other property manager listed in rental contact issue was professionally dealt with in 24 hours. Also I would advise renters to be aware of the 'damage protection ' clause in the rental agreement. Even though we have used VRBO & Airbnb for years, we mistakenly meant that to be a refundable fee. If property was left in the condition as you found it. Not so it's an additional non-refundable charge of $17 per day max. amount $250. We were given a $100. Credit for our next Evolve booking. But I feel their fees are too high and customer service is very poor. So I don't think we will be using Evolve anytime in the future.

Carol

July 5th, 2017 Basking Ridge, NJ

As an homeowner who uses Evolve to rent my vacation home, I can't praise them enough. Our listing went public with Evolve and their partner sites on 1/1/17 and we were booked solid every weekend in Jan/Feb/March in a matter of weeks. We have steadily rented in the interim months and have had great bookings all summer; some are full weeks even though we only have a 2-3 night minimum. I've even had repeat business already! Evolve walked me through the process, has a fantastic user interface online, updates my listing whenever I make changes, handles my billing, and has handled one or two renter issues as soon as they arose. I would recommend this company to anyone. Renting my house has been a completely pleasant and FUN experience because of Evolve!

Vonnie Meyer

June 28th, 2017 Edmond, OK

They advertise misleading charges on their rental sites. Charges made to credit card are different than the billing sent online.