Evolve Vacation Rental

5.9

LAST UPDATED: June 24th, 2022

Evolve Vacation Rental was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry and was designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

TurnKey Logo
Bend Vacation Rentals Logo
Bend Vacation Rentals chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

3.3

Diana K Carolina Beach, NC

DO NOT USE THEM TO MANAGE YOUR PROPERTY. Evolve is a nightmare. They will lie about all of the timelines to get your property live, they will price your unit offensively low, anytime you call them they will be extremely RUDE and act like THEY OWN YOUR HOUSE! Not to mention, anytime you have an issue they will call you back in "2-3 business days" UMMM WHAT? Oh and if you have a pricing issue---forget it! They'll call you in "6-7 business days" So your listing will take months to go live, and even if something is wrong, good luck speaking to someone about it. Oh and decide to give up and list it yourself? THEY WILL CHARGE YOU $250 to cancel (or $500, depending who you talk to) EVEN THOUGH THEY LITERALLY COSTED YOU THOUSANDS BY WASTING WEEKS THAT YOUR PROPERTY COULD HAVE BEEN LISTED. Please please please, learn from my mistake and RUN RUN RUN far away.

11 hours ago

Eva Yu Flemington, NJ

DO NOT USE Evolve for your rental property's booking company!!! They do not think for home owners and just want to take advantage of our property for their benefit/reputation and let guests abuse it however they want. I have had so many bad communication experiences with them. The staff are rude and ignorant, always siding with the guests. They take in guests' intentional unreasonable requests to ask for unlimited discount, ( using their 'as advertised' reason to take money from my bookings without my approval ) without the ability or interest to tell truth from fake. Their booking process is so bad and unorganized that I lost a lot of money 2 TIMES!! because of fraud ID and they did not realize that till the guests stayed full term. They didn't do anything to compensate me, although they work so hard to compensate the guests at any small complaint. I could give them 100 pieces of evidence (with videos, pictures, text receipts), and they would still get me to reimburse the guest at any small turn (plus I'd be paying them 10%)!! Of my profit every guest stay. At this point I'm basically losing money. I am glad I got out of Evolve's trash system as now as I finally have time in the summer to manage my property with many other wonderful booking sites. Evolve has lost me as a customer and my property to list. What an irresponsible company with many irresponsible and ignorant staff. Very sad to see such a horrible company still in running robbing home owners.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Eva - We're incredibly disappointed to hear that this was your experience while working with Evolve and want you to know that we take feedback such as yours very seriously. We do our best to support both guests and homeowners and resolve any issues with a reservation in a fair and professional manner. We understand that the outcomes of these situations are not always what each party hoped for and are very sorry to hear of any frustrations such resolutions may have caused throughout your partnership with us. While we are of course saddened to hear that you are no longer working with Evolve, we do understand that our services do not meet the needs of all homeowners, and offer our sincerest support and best wishes for the continued success of your short term rental. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us - Your feedback is incredibly valuable to our team as we continue to grow.

Jun. 15th, 2022

Chris Lasiter St. Petersburg, FL

Im becoming very frustrated and worried to what I have gotten into. I bought an investment property using evolve for property management. Since then I have made plenty of changes and renovations to my property. The content, and pictures are outdated making it a false advertisement and there is NOTHING I can do to fix it. I submitted updated pictures but it took them 10 days to upload. I could have had this done in less than 2 minutes, but I am paying them $1,000/month to do it in 10 days? To make matters worse, the listing shows the old outdated property and the rennovated one because they have a minimum amount of photos? So their solution is just to slap on outdated and misleading photos... The support person (Rodney) I spoke with was very polite, and professional and I could tell I was not the only dissatisfied person he had spoken to. I asked if he can give me a date of when my tickets will be completed and I can expect my listing to be accurate, and he said he cant give me a date because its memorial day and they are so busy. While I appreciate his honesty, it shows that this company is currently not a solution for anyone who wants good service. One of their core values is "as advertised", but they are the only thing stopping me from accurately advertising my property. If I could just edit my own listings, instead of passing it up some chain that always seems to lose important context, that would solve everything. I am evaluating my options but I currently feel like I am held hostage by Evolve much more than I feel like I am a valued customer.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Chris - We're very sorry to hear that this has been your experience working with our team. While we’re happy to hear that you have had a positive and professional experience working with Rodney, we are disappointed that our overall services have fallen short of the support we wish to provide and know that our homeowners deserve. We’re glad to see that your home continues to acquire bookings, but of course want to ensure that you feel supported and that your home is being advertised properly in all aspects. Our teams are actively working on making this situation right and updating your listing to properly display the work that you have put into your home. We will also be continuing to discuss improvements to address your concerns with our partnership, and hope to be able to create a more positive experience for you moving forward. Please feel free to continue to follow up with our Owner Support team with any further questions or concerns. Thank you again for this feedback - We look forward to finding a resolution to your frustrations as soon as possible.

Jun. 7th, 2022

Ashley Snoozy Miami, FL

STEER VERY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!! These employees will use specific terminology to trick their home owners into cancelling to save them from having to return the money involved in their "risk free guarantee". Recorded phone calls that they refuse to pull because they know they are wrong. Will not recommend this company to anyone as all they care about is their money, and going behind your back to take your money. They know they are wrong and my recorded phone call with their employee specifically doing the opposite of what I requested, just to steal the thousands of dollars they own me. A complete fraud. They ignored my phone calls, voicemails, and emails, just so they could falsely take the money they owed me.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Ashley - We are incredibly sorry to hear that this was your experience when working with our team. Upon looking further into the situation, we do feel that the resignation terms were clearly laid out in our communications as well as in numerous articles on our website. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any frustrations you experienced during your time working with Evolve. For more information regarding the Risk-Free Guarantee policy, please see the article at this link here: https://help.evolvevacationrental.com/s/article/evolve-risk-free-owner-guarantee

May. 24th, 2022

gayle benjamin Mount Vernon, NY

In the past 6 month, $75k was spent renovating my apartment and it was beautifully furnished [all new] by the 1st week of April 2022. On or around April 10th, 2022, i stated communicating with EVOLVE. After many conversations with Evolve's Sales, Marketing and onboarding teams, I reluctantly agreed to have Evolve manage the bookings for my apartment. I said reluctantly, because they could not get my listing right in spite of the write up I forwarded. The nightly price on my unit was not cpmparable to the rates in my area and my emails with questions/concerns were answered with a phone call....never a response via email in writing.After reading the small print in Evolve's Agreement, I made sure my calendar was completely blocked completely the 90 day trial period. I was not comfortable accepting / fulfill any bookings beyond my 1st 90 days. On April 25th, Evolve notified me of my 1st booking...my very, very 1st guests...for arrival on April 28th thru May 7th. On the 28th, 2 couples were observed standing outside of the apartment.....at day 2, an endless parade of individuals were seen entering and leaving the apartment; suspicious looking characters. Mostly men, observed letting themselves into the apartment using the access code, which they retrieved from their cell phone. When I attempted to reach the young lady in the apartment to ask what was going on , she conveniently doesn't speak or comprehend the English language. EVOLVE was no where to be found, no support while every house rule was being broken: Smoking, large gathering, loud music, non-guests accessing apartment with access code that was intended for 2. On day 6 ....at 4am, I had to risk my life by knocking on the apartment door because of loud music and a parade of scary men on my Driveway. On Day 7 innthe PM, I received a call from Evolve stating .."they don't know who is staying in my apartment and the credit card used was fraudulent" EVOlVE advised I should evict/change the access code . Evolve notes they cannot help because the are in Colorado but they sent notification to the guest to vacate the property by 9PM that night. I called the police and was told i needed a court order from a judge in order to evict the guests; they cannot remove the occupants, even a short term tenant. At 11pm the guest returned to the apartment to find the code changed with no way of accessing the apartment . While Evolve said they had not been able to contact the guest, I notified Evolve that i started receiving calls and messages from the number they provided with the booking. I also forwarded (3) other numbers to Evolve after receiving a deluge of calls & text messages from the guests asking to unlock the apartment in order for them to retrieve their personal belongings. I forwarded all information to Evolve. At 1:30am, I received an alert from my Security System . When I looked on the Security camera, the lady returned with 2 masked men attempting to enter the apartment ....all recorded on my Security System. One of the men was heard saying in Spanish (translated)" let's go through the window". Fortunately, the windows were locked, therefore they left.....and this was shortly before the police (4 officers) arrived in response to a breaking and entering call. The following morning, I noticed the Screens on the ground floor windows were missing. After inspecting footage from another security camera, the guests can be seen walking down my driveway at 1:40am with my screens in hand. Upon entering the unit the following day, the stench was incredible!!. Body fluid all over the brand new sofa and throw cushions. Food on the bed and on the walls; the new $600 coffee table was scratched. The back of the new sofa broken and cushions covered with Semen. I was disgusted and afraid to touch any surface. To add insult to injury, Evolve attempted to withdraw the full payment from my checking account, eventhough the guests had spent 8 days running a prostitution & drug ring out of my apartment. EVOLVE offered to give me an $85 cleaning fee.... nothing else. I was advised to file a claim for damages While I sent photos, they would not accept the itemized receipts showing my sofa and other damages items were recently purchased from Ashley Furniture. Evolve said I had to repurchase another sofa or damaged items and forward the new receipts for consideration. From my nightmare of an experience, Evolve is not a ligitimate business enterprise. EVOLVE is complicit with the fraud being perpetrated against both hosts and guests. EVOLVE allowed criminals to threaten myself and my family, which has left us traumatized. THIS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Gayle - We're so very sorry to hear of the fraudulent booking that took place in your home. We understand the time, money and effort that goes into making a house a temporary home for your guests and offer our sincerest apologies that this was your experience at the start of your partnership with Evolve. We want to reassure you that our team is here to support you and would like the opportunity to continue working to address the damages left by the guests. As we mentioned in our previous correspondences, we apologize for any miscommunication regarding the damage claims and will be connecting with you to discuss next steps in ensuring you are fairly compensated for the damages caused by the guests. Please look out for an email from our team in the next few days and continue to follow up with us through that channel. We look forward to working together towards finding a resolution and hope we are able to ease some of the frustration and loss you have endured during this incredibly unfortunate situation.

May. 18th, 2022

Scarlett Arreola Summerville, SC

Evolve manages our rental property and while communication has been limited after the sales team signed us up, we now have a problem with how they remit taxes to the city - Evolve keeps passing the buck, no one will take ownership, and they insist that they are doing correctly when the city says otherwise. It’s crazy the amount of time we’ve spent on this, contacting the city and Evolve. I think they’re good at marketing rentals and price management but that’s where my kuddos end. If someone from Evolve, other than accounting, reads this - will you please work with your accounting team. This also concerns me with how Evolve will handle our guests if there is an problem.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Scarlett - Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that you are happy with the marketing and booking management side of our services but are disappointed that beyond that, your experience has been less than satisfactory. Your feedback is valuable to us and we would love the opportunity to look further into this situation for you. Please feel free to reach out to us directly on our social media channels with more information, and we are happy to assist. Thanks again - We look forward to connecting with you!

Mar. 30th, 2022

Laurie Baggerly Dallas, TX

Great! Kept us updated with rental information arrival/departure info, payment, helpful hints etc. We had to make a change on departure date and Evolve was quick to respond and was able to change it for us. First home we tried to rent the owners didn't respond to them within 24 hrs so Evolve let us know and cancelled the reservation which was good too, that gave us quick notice to look for another property. Lots of choices on Evolve.

Valarie Yuskaitis Tampa, FL

As a guest, I rented a house in Punta Gouda FL for a training I was attending there locally and I prefer a home when I travel (rarely use hotels any longer). There were many issues - no info sent on how to get into the house, no welcome packet to tell us about Wi-Fi and house info, dirty dishes in sink upon arrival, filthy tub and the hot water ran out in like 5 mins, they left left-over bar soaps in the bathroom for use (not sanitary), the home was not in good condition (hardwood floors buckling up, ants in the home, general maintenance needed), and the kitchen was not stocked with basics (sauce pot, measuring cups/spoons, etc.). Their customer service is NON EXISTENT. Don’t waste your time with this company - I will never rent from them again. Renters - beware! This company is a not ethical and is a scam. They also clearly don’t care about sanitary practices, providing a safe home, or presenting a clean and properly maintained home.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Valarie, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, although we are very sorry to hear that your experience was not a positive one. We were able to take a closer look at your booking and see you have been in close communication with our team. We were able to confirm that an email with lockbox instructions was sent just a few days before your stay and do apologize for any confusion that occurred that did not allow for a smooth check-in process. After close review, it seems that our team did not feel the documentation of concerns regarding the home warranted the requested refund, but did offer a travel credit for future use in good faith. While we’re disappointed to hear that you did not find this to be a fair resolution, we do hope you consider giving us the chance to host a future stay of yours. Thank you again for your feedback and for choosing to stay with Evolve during your training.

Apr. 20th, 2022

Pam Mealor Gainesville, GA

Unsafe unsafe unsafe!!! Do not book with them. You are putting your life and property at risk. They advertise falsely unsafe rentals on their site. No lights in a very bad area with all kinds of people walking around. People living out of cars and vans. The property we booked was not as promised. The amenities promised were not there. It was an absolute construction site. The garage you pull into had tons of construction equipment. The entire property was a construction site. We told them we felt unsafe and they did not care. They do not care about your safety. I would not trust them. Their rest assured policy is a lie. They will not help you!! Do not go with evolve!!

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Pam - We are terribly sorry to hear that you felt unsafe during your stay. That is certainly not representative of the service we traditionally aim to provide and we do hope you will give us another opportunity to prove that this is not our standard. We would like to look further into this situation for you and invite you to please reach out to us directly on our social channels to connect with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback here and look forward to hearing from you to gather more information regarding your experience.

Apr. 12th, 2022

Robbie Essex, CT

Back when they started in 2014 they put up our listing and they were wonderful. Now, they have gotten too big and greedy. They are hard to reach, their reps lie about what they will do and don't get it done, you can't talk to anyone but reps who just spout the company line, they issue refunds or cancellations without input from the host, and basically have commandeered the property - making all the decisions about rates and minimum stays. The WORST thing [as you can see from other hosts here] are their "Smart-rates". They are so ridiculously high and vary by the day, we don't book until a few weeks before when the rates drop to motel rates. But the reason I am so upset today, is because they accepted a 4 day booking in June when our summers have always been a week. For 7 years we were completely booked. We look forward to the summers, when we don't have to nag guests every 3 days about their driver info to get them into the gate. And reduce the wear & tear on the unit with all the traffic. It also aggravates the HOA who would love nothing more than to limit the vacation rentals. Contacting all the guests, purchasing & inputting all the passes, and following up with housekeeping & property manager is exhausting. The more guests = the more things that can go wrong. I told the kid to change the minimum stay. He lied and closed the request. I found out it wasn't done, when I got another little booking in June, thereby screwing up the entire month. So I chatted and called and they said the minimum stays are related to their awful "Smart-rates" and that I can't tell them what they should be. So this will drag on while they make excuses and refuse to put on a manager. I used to be able to go up the food chain to resolve issues. No more. What's next 2 day - 1 day? I got a booking for a month next February. Then it canceled. I contacted the guest - it was because it was $6000 for 28 days while others in the area around were at least a grand less. Their insurance rates are obscene. If they are going to provide damage insurance, they should include trip insurance. They are now like Amazon who does not support their sellers, does not listen, does not respond in a timely manner.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Robbie - We appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback, but are disappointed to hear that your experience with Evolve over time has become less than wonderful as it was when you first joined us. We understand that a shift in the way we operate can be an adjustment, and at times frustrating, and we want to ensure you feel supported throughout the process. We would love the opportunity to look further into this situation for you. If you’re able to, please reach out to us directly on our social media channels with more information regarding your account and we are happy to assist. Again, thank you for your review. We hope to hear from you soon!

Apr. 7th, 2022

Tiana Parker

If I could give a negative star I would. If you are looking for a property management company to partner with DO NOT HIRE EVOLVE! They DO NOT verify guest that book directly through the Evolve site. Anybody can make a fraudulent reservation and stay in your home.Now that scammers know this they are flooding the site with reservations that you will not be paid for. As a result you end up with scammers with stolen credit cards trashing your house. Guest can stay at your house for FREE for as long as they want. EVOLVE will not cover the cost of your utilities used, cleaning cost and money lost because those unpaid for nights could have went to a qualified guest. As many have stated, they offer no assistance. They simply throw their hands up and leave you with the bill. Of course I learned my lesson the hard way. Evolve has done a great job covering their tracks to keep this information hidden. I can not stress this enough if you care about your home and are interested in making money off your vacation rental with minimal stress THIS IS NOT THE COMPANY FOR YOU! Get with a company that verify the people staying in your house are who they say they are. This issue not only affects the homeowners but also the individual who's card information was stolen. It's sad because Evolve is making millions off this scam.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Tiana - Thank you for reaching out to us here. We are deeply sorry to hear of the frustrations you have experienced due to issues with a fraudulent booking. We completely understand the stress this can cause to you as the homeowner and while we do our very best to avoid such situations happening, unfortunately it does occasionally occur. We want to reassure you that we are working diligently and strategically as a team to improve our processes regarding this matter, and that your feedback is incredibly valuable to us. If you have any remaining questions or concerns about your experience, please feel free to reach out to us directly on social media with more information and we are more than happy to take a closer look for you.

Apr. 6th, 2022

reniya Banks Little Rock, AR

This was such a great and easy way to purchase ! So friendly and easy to work with, I called because I had A few concerns and they answered every question asked with no issues! Will highly recommend to anyone. We had such an amazing trip.

Yuli Gallardo Delray Beach, FL

My experience with Evolve has been nothing but a pleasure. Easy to navigate, and I love how they keep updating me through the entire process. The emails are easy to find, always on time and very informative. So far I haven't had an issue with any of the vacations I have booked and, I plan on continuing using their services for all my future vacations!

Ashley Thompson Jacksonville, AR

My family and I traveled here to get away from the hustle and bustle that life and the holidays bring. We absolutely were blown away with how cute and cozy this cabin was. There was plenty of room for our family. The pictures show the cabin very well but I will say that the pictures don't do it enough justice. The cabin was decorated for Christmas and it was beautiful!!! We loved playing games on the screened in porch and sitting out by the fire at night!! We are already planning another trip to come back!!

Dollstorey

Unfortunately a family emergency generated my stay in GJ. After contacting the owner she graciously moved appts scheduled for the house. I was then able to painlessly extend my stay with a very friendly evolve agent. The extended stay was secured in less than 10 min without the endless questions. Definitely be focusing on evolve managed properties for future stay after experiencing both.

Ozark Knight Omaha, NE

I own multiple houses we list with Evolve. We have had issues with double booking. In one instance, we allowed a traveler to stay at our house when they were booked for another that was double booked. We ended up getting a 1 start on the Evolve website because they got double booked (liked the house and our interactions) and nothing was done about it. No contact at all. We also need to do some adjustments to our listings, some times this is done same day and some times nothing gets done at all. Very frustrating and inconsistent.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi there - We're very disappointed to hear of the frustrations you are experiencing. We certainly want to ensure that you feel supported, listened to and valued as an owner of multiple homes within our network. We’d love the chance to connect with you to see how we can help address your concerns regarding listings, reviews and bookings. Please reach out to us directly on our social media channels so that we can gather a bit more information, and we would be happy to get you in touch with the right representative.

Apr. 21st, 2022

michelle Glessner Sarver, PA

After booking i notified several days later by email that they cancelled my reservation. I was told that the property was not posted properly and should of required a 5 night min. I tried to have them book me for the additional 2 nights with a 20% discount they offered but after speaking to Beth she never followed up with me. I eventually settled with a different rental through a different company having to pay a higher price and changing weekends due to evolves lack of professionalism. Would not recommend.... they provided no assistance with making a bad situation correct!

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Michelle - We are sorry to hear of the cancellation that took place. We dug a bit deeper on our end and we saw that a representative did reach out with details explaining the cancellation regarding the ongoing service issues at the home, as well as a few alternative options for accommodation. We hope this information was helpful in providing a bit of context as to what went wrong, although we do apologize that you had a difficult time connecting with our team when following up. While we are disappointed that we missed the opportunity to host you on this trip, we are relieved to hear you were able to find a resolution elsewhere. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Please feel free to connect with us on our social media regarding any further questions or concerns and we are more than happy to assist.

Apr. 8th, 2022

Eric Estrada

Unbelievably bad experience with Evolve. We booked our house 2 months through VRBO for spring break. We got our confirmation email three days before with the check in information code and everything we need to know for the house. My husband just happened to call the contact for the property the night before to ask a question. They were completely dumbfounded when we said we had booked the property and couldn’t believe Evolve had not contacted us to let us know the property was sold. This was literally hours before we were supposed to be pulling up for spring break. After spending an hour on the phone with VRBO, we were assured by VRBO that after talking to evolve we were fine to check into the house. Wanting to be 100% sure that we had a place to stay I then contacted Evolve myself. After they checked into it a little bit more they realized that it was sold and had made a mistake by not contacting us. Now the day of spring break we were expected to try to find a house for 11 people for the same price that we paid two months ago. They were only willing to pay up to 20% more if needed. Obviously we were unable to find any property day of for that many people and for that price so our spring break vacation was completely ruined for 11 people. They didn’t even refund the full amount with the fees I had to go through Vrbo to get all our money back. Not to mention the plane ticket we had for a family member to join us there. Completely horrible experience.

John E Wilson Taos, NM

This company is based in Denver, our rental was in south Texas - they knew nothing . except how to jack up the nightly rate. The advertised nightly price was $129 but the actual price ended up at $193/night. The $129 was OK as they were "pet friendly" but they charged an additional $320.00 for " damage protection". As a property manager myself & a former VRBO member with a Texas rental I assumed the fee was a deposit that would be refunded upon cleaning & finding no damage. Nope... they keep that & do not refund it. When I called and tried to plead my case they basically said "tough" even when I pointed out to them that on the email showing their charges there was an ad, in their email, promoting additional insurance coverage at a cost of $59.00 for $1500.00 in damage protection. When I asked why they would have an ad promoting additional coverage when they were already charging $320.00 they had no answer. That was in addition to a pet fee, a service fee & a cleaning fee. An unscrupulous & deceitful company that will never see another dollar of mine

Edward Hauser Goodlettsville, TN

Evolve is in the business of making money, not helping clients by managing their property. They do the bare minimum, approve all guests, even ones that attempt to burn your rental down by starting log fires on your tile floor, stop up your septic tank by flushing unimaginable things, break furniture and more. Then they refuse to cover the damages although the guests are required to pay for a damage waiver. Luckily I was l only with them for the required 2 month minimum before I could cancel. I lost more money in damages than I gained in payouts. A management company in theory sounds nice but not when I have to do more work and pay more. Right now I am managing the rental myself and it has been a much better experience. Plus I am actually making money now.

Maria Luzarraga Egg Harbor, NJ

The agent from Evolve was excellent. She kept me informed at all times about the property and different amenities. Also she was very kind to remind me about paying the property fees in advance before a additional fee was charged. At the end of my stay was a very bad storm and they offer me a later check out with our additional charge.

Rebecca Bertram IA

Our vacation rental was absolutely wonderful… we had a country house in Pennsylvania and enjoyed the serenity & quaint cottage that had everything we need to enjoy our stay. The communication from booking through checkout was excellent and made our trip smooth and easy!

Jerry Dunlap Wheeling, WV

our stay in myrtle beach was great. we stayed at guest cottages/78 jester court. Quiet neighborhood, cozy, and clean cottage. Thumbs up Brenda K . awesome job! Brenda K was our contact. Very Professional, Friendly,and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you so much for making a pleasurable vacation for us. God Bless. Sincerely, Kelly and Jerry D

Mitty Dravich New London, NC

Professional, Customer Service Oriented, Responsive, Great Communication... From my initial contact with the onboarding group to the turnover rof the property to the support group, all I can say is it was painless. All of the professionals I spoke with were knowledgeable and patient with explaining everything what would occur. The photographer was wonderful. The write-up on the property sounds like they have been to the property and the area. All I can say is AWESOME! Could not be more pleased. Kudos to all! My husband said he cannot remember when he was so pleased with the service we have received. They are also very well connected in the industry that they were able to provide us with other resources such as tax professionals that could help us.

F. Reeves Gadsden, AL

My husband and I had to cancel a family vacation with Evolve Vacations Rental, The problem happened on a Sunday when we realized we were going to have to cancel. I spoke with a “Live Person” which was great! She said she would have to speak with the owner about the refund. I spoke to them again this AM, same young lady! She was understanding and very knowledgeable about the contract. Around noon I received an email saying our entire trip was refunded! I appreciate the owner and the company in the professional way they showed such understanding! We will use this rental site again. We rent 4-5 vacation homes a year for family trips. Thank you again to all parties involved!

Lenora Scottsboro, AL

My husband and I were very excited to be the first guest of the “Legacy View Lodge” in Sevierville,Tn. The layout and design of this mountain home is absolutely stunning. We enjoyed the beautiful (fully stocked) chef’s kitchen, the outdoor grilling station, the gorgeous master bath (loved the stacked stone), the wall of windows, and all of the many comforts offered which, are too numerous to list. Equally important, the views ARE truly amazing. We drank coffee on the back deck while watching the morning mist roll down the mountain, settling in the valley below. No camera could capture the ethereal morning beauty. It’s truly a must see! With all “Legacy View Lodge” offers, and because check-in and check-out was a seamless experience, we look forward to visiting again and again! Thank you for sharing your beautiful mountain home and helping to create anniversary memories that will last a lifetime!

Doreen Ballwin, MO

For our Branson, MO family vacation we chose a cabin off the VRBO site that was managed by Evolve. We were extremely pleased with the process. We booked the cabin three months in advance with a partial deposit. One month prior to arriving Evolve automatically charged our credit card for the balance and sent us detailed instructions about our rental. 15 days prior to arriving they sent us another email, then one day prior to arrival they followed up with another email. We were totally prepared for our arrival. After our stay I emailed the owner of the cabin regarding an issue with the coffee maker and he was very responsive. I would highly recommend Evolve for your next vacation! I will be using them again.

Mike Valencia, CA

I think that Evolve is the best property management company out there, bar none. They have completely stepped out of the box as far as how to manage property management. I have been with them over a year and have had nothing but positive experiences. I am so impressed that it is only 10% and they are advertised on all sites except for Vaccasa, which is a horrible company. They have a professional photographer that comes to your place free of charge and takes excellent photos. They have a professional team who writes up the details of your residence. I had a very picky guest one day who did not know I had a Keurig machine and she flipped out because she didn’t have her pumpkin spice coffee that she could’ve brought with her. Evolve has a complaint team who are so professional and contacted the guest and sent her a gift certificate to Starbucks and said they would re-imburse her for any charges she had for pumpkin spice coffee. As funny as the story sounds the guest ended up giving me a five star review. I have contacted Evolve numerous times about editing my website page and any other information. Customer service is quick and extremely professional. I absolutely love how guests do not leave a damage deposit but pay $15 a day for insurance. I had a brand new recliner chair and one of the guests children sat on it when it was reclined and bent the metal for the recliner and I filed a claim and the chair was fixed and I was reimbursed immediately. The guest did not even know I filed a claim from their damage and prevents them from giving a bad review.

Paula Hoffman Lake Jackson, TX

Very nice place to retreat to, located just a couple blocks from downtown with a secluded feel. The home was very welcoming and clean with all the comforts off home. One of the greatest part about this rental was being pet friendly. If you love wildlife this is a wonderful get away, bird all day long. The homeowner has placed feeders around the yard giving alot of chances for viewing. We also seen rabbits, armadillos, squirrels, and deer all from the patio while enjoying the shade. Only down side to this home is there is no true kitchen, but that is clearly shown in the listing. We brought coolers for most of our things and just work out of them. We did prepare 2 meals here at the home (painfully for 8 people) next time we stay we will opt to eat out. Who wants to clean up on vacation anyways!!! Definitely will book again!!!

Nacole Williams Wylie, TX

I don't even know where to start everything was so amazing!! We rented the house Dec 22nd-29th to come back to Alabama and spend Christmas with my husband family. The house was absolutely beautiful, kept up with, very clean, and smelled nice! We loved the master bedroom so comfy and the bathroom was amazing. The living room was very comfy and cozy, the couches where nice to sit and recline back and relax. The kitchen was beautiful and there was everything you needed to cook(Pots, pant, plates, etc) We loved the deck that is right off the kitchen/living room very nice to sit on and relax with a cup of hot chocolate or even watch the sunsets. We loved going down to the dock and relaxing for hours and just taking it all in. The drive to and from the house was nice as well we seen lots of wildlife! The whole experience was just amazing. The communication with Cindy was excellent and she even leaves you breakfast! We are excited to book again in the future!! If you want a nice relaxing getaway and a house to rent that is beautiful and clean this is the place for you. There is a sign outside that says Little Slice of Heaven and it definitely is!! Nacole & John Williams-Wylie, Texas

Deb Johnson

Switching over to partner with Evolve to book my rental property on Marco Island was the best decision! Evolve has lived up to all of their commitments and continue to make improvements. The transition to working with them was seamless. First step you are connected to an on-boarding professional who works with you on setting up your webpage and scheduling a photo shoot to help promote your property in the best possible light. You get to approve of the final page before going live. Once live they promised to get me more bookings and they delivered and they starting delivering immediately. I got my first booking within 24 hours of my property going live on their website, and the bookings just kept coming.!!! My home was rented 30% more this year than it has in the prior 6 years working with a private property management group. Not only did Evolve get me more bookings but they also charged me half of what I was paying to the property group I was working with. I went from paying 20% plus any incidental costs with the private management team to only a 10% booking fee with Evolve. And best of all you dont wait to get your money! You get 30% at the time the property is booked and the remaining 70% within 30 days of the guest arrival date. This is a huge asset. With my prior management group I got the money 1 week after the close of the month that the guest stayed even though they put a deposit down at the time of the booking. Crazy! Now its true I am more involved with the ongoing management of the incoming guests than I was before but to me that's a plus. I get to personally connect with the people staying in my home and understand first hand what they like and what may need to change. I prefer being involved rather than getting a "surprise" bill for a repair or change that I knew nothing about. I also love the Evolve owner website. It provides you with all of the details you need to know about incoming guests, how many bookings you have, how much money you have earned, etc. . This may not seem like a big deal but my experience with the private management team was I didn't get any of the renter/guest information. As far as the renter or guest knew my property management group owned the home. They kept that information from the owner. Importantly, if you have questions, or need help, Evolve representatives are always, always responsive. You can connect with them live on the phone, you can chat with them on the owner website or portal or send them a request via email. Whatever method you choose you can count on a timely response. They are a very helpful team of people. Net overall my experience switching to Evolve has been nothing but positive and if you are thinking about a change or getting into the rental property business- Evolve is a great booking partner.

Adrienne Lorenz Yucca Valley, CA

I’ve been with Evolve for over a year now. I was new to the vacation rental business and heard about them online. I thought about making a go by myself but saw the fees to sign up for Airbnb and vrbo. Evolve didn’t charge anything and would put me on all different websites and take professional pictures of my home and do the write up. It really was a no brainer. It took a couple weeks to get it all together, but I couldn’t be happier. My home is in the Joshua Tree market. Evolve charges 10% and does all the work. They take care of my calendar, answer questions with the guests, and send me my money. I always text the guest right before check in to introduce myself and let them know to contact myself with any issues with the property. So far I’ve had great reviews and only one guest that I won’t have back. (He let his dog swim in my Koi Pond and got mud everywhere.) I feel my property is being marketed very well and love the added insurance that Evolve gives me. I would recommend this company to anyone doing vacation rentals.

Ann Calvey San Mateo, CA

We have been with Evolve for only one year and they have been wonderful, from the first call they took us through everything to on board our property, step by step. they were always happy to help, and got back to us very quickly with any problems or concerns and marketed our property to our best advantage. I cannot speak highly enough of them, across the board they are excellent We have been rented every weekend and and this is only our first year. The advertise on 7 or so different sites. We had a problem with one renter and they went back to Arbnb and got us more money for extra cleaning which I did not think we had a hope of getting. I am very happy we chose Evolve.

Dianna Jensen Grand Junction, CO

We started with Evolve in January of this year. New to the Vacation Rental we have relied on the advice of the professionals, EVOLVE. They have been able to answer questions we have, suggest ideas, and give advice when needed. I tried to manage our VR on our own for one month and found it to be a waste of my time. I have 2 other businesses that need my attention and so having them manage people, bookings, money, advertising, and cover insurance has been a Godsend. We have surpassed our expectations with the rental and we are only in the sixth month. They have delivered what they have promised and we couldn't be happier. Thanks again EVOLVE for making our job easier by your great service. Sincerely, Dianna and Larry Jensen

Tracy L Zikes Riner, VA

EVOLVE's rental management model is a win-win for me as a homeowner. Their team of experts have proven their commitment to my success by widely and professionally marketing my home at a fraction of the cost other management companies charge. They take the reins, eliminating the stress of rental management, while perserving my overall ability to closely oversee each aspect of the process. Their team is responsive in answering my questions and addressing my concerns. With over $30,000 in rental bookings in the first 6 weeks of joining the program, EVOLVE is delivering what they promise. I couldn't be happier with my decision to put my trust in EVOLVE Vacation Rental Network.

Carol Basking Ridge, NJ

As an homeowner who uses Evolve to rent my vacation home, I can't praise them enough. Our listing went public with Evolve and their partner sites on 1/1/17 and we were booked solid every weekend in Jan/Feb/March in a matter of weeks. We have steadily rented in the interim months and have had great bookings all summer; some are full weeks even though we only have a 2-3 night minimum. I've even had repeat business already! Evolve walked me through the process, has a fantastic user interface online, updates my listing whenever I make changes, handles my billing, and has handled one or two renter issues as soon as they arose. I would recommend this company to anyone. Renting my house has been a completely pleasant and FUN experience because of Evolve!

Trey Hughes Charlotte, NC

Evolve will try to screw you at one point or another. Offer zero help. Furthermore if you decide to sell your home, they will try to ding you $250/booking. So if you have 30 bookings throughout the remainder of the year and decide to sell they'll charge you $7500 even if some of those bookings are 6 months in advance. Very shady practice. Would never do business nor suggest doing business with this unethical company.

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Trey - We’re sorry to hear of your frustrations with our owner cancellation and resignation policies regarding outstanding bookings. Please note that this information is provided in section 10 our Management Agreement that is agreed upon by homeowners at the start of our partnership, as well as across many articles in our online help center. For more information on this, please feel free to refer to the articles linked below. We appreciate the opportunity to work with you and wish you the very best in your future endeavors. https://help.evolvevacationrental.com/s/article/what-is-the-cancellation-policy-for-bookings https://help.evolvevacationrental.com/s/article/What-do-I-do-when-I-have-to-cancel-a-guest-s-reservation

Mar. 30th, 2022

Pamela Wilson Tampa, FL

Booked a condo in North Myrtle Beach in October 2021 for May 2022. Received an email On March 21,2022 that they had canceled my reservation, I tried calling several times to actually talk with someone to get this straightened out and NEVER received a call back. We were within a month of going with plane tickets already purchased. We have always used AirB&B for all of my vacations but never again. Worse experience I have ever had This company has completely lost my money and a lot of other customers as well for canceling last minute 😡😡😡

Reply from Evolve Vacation Rental

Hi Pamela - Thank you for reaching out here to share your experience with us. We are deeply sorry to hear that there was an issue with the property that resulted in a cancellation of your booking and that you have had a difficult time when attempting to contact our team. We understand how frustrating this can be, and would love the opportunity to connect with you so that we can look further into this situation. Please feel free to reach out to us on our social media channels with your booking information and we are more than happy to assist. We appreciate your feedback and hope to hear from you soon.

Apr. 1st, 2022

T Dembro Amherst, NH

I rented a house last weekend in RI (Fri & Sat) for my stepfathers funeral. There was a storm coming that was going to hit Friday mid day, I emailed Evolve days in advance asking if we could arrive early in anticipation, and then followed up with them the day before and received no response. As a result we were not able to get there safely due to a terrible ice storm. Someone from Evolve finally emailed me on Saturday around 2pm acknowledging that they did not respond, but hope we were having a great time. I explained to them that this situation was hard enough, and that we had to scramble to make other arrangements the day before because they did not respond and asked for them to refund us for that day. They refused due to the owners cancellation policy. I am a rental owner and I would never treat my clients like this. I will also never rent another house managed by Evolve and certainly will never use their services.

Janabeth Poplar Bluff, MO

The booking process was super easy and the property manager was very helpful. She answered all of my questions quickly. We would definitely stay here again.

Erin Nations Alpharetta, GA

Stay away from this fly by night company. I booked a rental through VRBO only 11 days ago. The reservation was for late August, over 200 days away from today. I had to cancel due to a family conflict. Evolve will not refund my deposit even with the rental being this far out. The rental is in a popular beach location, and I have no doubt Evolve will be able to fill the rental for our canceled dates. They did credit my account; however, I am concerned that the company won't be around next time I am ready to book. This is an extremely harsh cancellation policy not consistent with the market. There are a myriad of alternatives to book travel with more flexible policies. Please don't make the same mistake that I did.

Kymberlieblu Birkenkamp St Louis, MO

I rent Airbnbs for my employer, a Fortune 500, several times a month, so I have had a profound amount of experience with Airbnbs from both a corporate and personal standpoint. In this case, I made a personal reservation 9 months out and chose to pay in full. The policy stated a 48 hour cancellation for a full refund. I received news mere hours after the cut off that would require me to cancel the trip. Knowing this, I immediately reached out to Evolve. I also knew that this weekend was a college football weekend in the small town. I knew they would have no issue rebooking. I reached out to Evolve and asked if they would consider giving me a full refund since my cancellation was so close to the cut off. In the last three years, I've never had a property company not respond to my messages. They could have easily responded letting me know they could not make an exception and I would have accepted that. Instead, I never received a response though I reached out three times and was only refunded 50%. This is completely within their policy, but I have never dealt with a host who would not have made an exception in this case, or at minimum respond. Due to this behavior, I will never rent from Evolve for myself or my company. I distrust the location quality and experience potential of any property holder who cannot even be bothered to respond to a potential guest. .

John J Tashkent, TK

Worst customer service ever. I had used them for property management, they will promise you high daily rates and high occupancy rates to get your listing. Then they'll use their precious rating algorithm to calculate the minimum daily rate. I was told I could expect $250 a night with 80% occupancy. Unfortunately, everyone in my neighborhood was priced between $80 and $100 per night with 50% occupancy. Didn't know that until it was too late. Big difference, no bookings. But that's OK, right, I mean they can manually adjust the minimum rate. They can adjust the minimum nightly rate, but its too much trouble for them, so you'll go without any bookings. When I did get them to manually reduce the minimum rate to be competitive, I immediately got bookings, yea! However, constantly adjusting my minimum rate was too much trouble. So they quit doing it. And, then they dropped me as a customer while I was overseas and unable to get another service. Great people! In my review on Trustpilot, they blamed me for being a bad customer, but what would you expect when they overpromise and never deliver. I'm sure they will blame me again for being a bad customer. Good luck, but better to just find someone else.

raquel santos Sugar Land, TX

Communication was excellent. There was a fast response to any question or concern I had. First time using evolve. Would definitely recommend and go through evolve again!!

MSmith

My stay was the absolute worst. Roaches, broken furniture, a rude and arrogant owner that refused to answer any questions once he received full payment. When contacted by a representative from Evolve, I shared my experience and also provided pictures to support my claim. I was given an apology and was told that I would receive a credit for one day of stay for my inconvenience. It’s been weeks since I was sent that email and nothing. After waiting 3- 5 business days (The timeframe I was given) I reached out and was told to wait another 3-5 business days. I’m done with the running around. I implore you to stay far away from this group. There are plenty of companies that you can trust with your time and money.

Dylan San Francisco, CA

I booked a rental with Evolve through Vrbo. I had to cancel the reservations unfortunately and Evolve never cancelled the reservation on Vrbo, so I was never refunded my Vrbo fee of almost $150. I called Evolve and spoke with Senior Travel Advisor Support Specialist Nathaniel Evans. Nathaniel E told me they had a communication error between Evolve's system and Vrbo's system and that I (as the customer) needed to have Vrbo reach out to Evolve so they can resolve this communication issue between THEIR systems. This is ridiculous I am the customer, why am I having to resolve THEIR technical issue so I can get my rightfully so refund? This is terrible customer service, I will never book through Evolve in the future.

Trustmit FL

This is an Owner review who trusted evolve with my property. Website is good and there fees are reasonable. That is where it stops and goes all downhill. This is not about the really poor customer service and attitude of some there but more about the flat out disregard for their clients for which they would not have a site to make money from. Everything favors the guest and not the owner- period. Which in some cases we understand the need to help the guest and can deal with some. This is about holding guest payments until they are 5 days into their stay prior to depositing in our accounts. To allowing full refund even up to 48 hours prior to stay and owner get ZERO to their "Smart Pricing" feature which you cannot opt out of which over charges guests so they can make more money and when you ask to set a fee they tell you they cannot. It is sad because this could be a good service and work for both the owner and the guest if they just would balance out there approach. Unfortunately we have to depart this company and we have experienced there poor service and utter lack of client requests for too long. If you are owner beware. They hold "Your" money" and make interest on it for months and even after check-in it takes days to be wired to your account. Pricing requests are like asking Hitler for leniency. It is a shame as just some minor tweaks and they could have a good service.

Jen S Schaumburg, IL

The vacation rental was cozy, had everything we needed in a pinch, and was clean and well labeled. It was in a great location and super close to Bell Mountain and only a short drive from the main road and the lake.

Laura T Las Vegas, NV

Evolve manages my one short term rental property and I couldn't be happier. They set prices to be competitive with comparable properties nearby, they present my property in a beautiful, professional way, and their contracts and agreements are clearly stated. They do what they say they will do; they enforce the contracts they make with all their customers, both home owners and renters. Evolve has worked hard to provide the best compromise for both property owners and renters, and I couldn't be happier with their service.

Kristi Sage Bellevue, WA

We had an amazing time at Julie and Dan’s cozy cabin tucked away amongst lush trees with incredible river-front views of the Skykomish River and snow capped mountains. We enjoyed our weekend filled with lots of R&R. The cabin has everything you need - including games, plenty of amenities (and an added bonus of stylish decor)! Definitely recommend this place and we can’t wait to be back soon. Thank you!