Evolve Vacation Rental Logo

Evolve Vacation Rental

9.4

LAST UPDATED: October 13th, 2021

Evolve Vacation Rental was founded in 2011 by Brian Egan and Adam Sherry and was designed to assist owners in managing their vacation rental listings and assist with guest inquiries and reservations. Evolve Vacation Rental is focused on simplifying the process of vacation renting by following a strict rental verification process and providing flexible options with lower fees. Their vetted network of on-the-ground partners are available to handle everything from housekeeping to maintenance.

TurnKey Logo
Southern Vacation Rentals Logo
Southern Vacation Rentals chevron_right
0.0
star_border star_border star_border star_border star_border

The Good

• Set, Low Fee for Property Owners
  • Flexible Terms
  • Communication with Guests
  • Property Damage Protection
  • Professional Listings

Set, Low Fee for Property Owners

Evolve is free to join, and charges property owners a set 10 percent of the booking fee for its listing services. In addition, Evolve does not charge a cancellation fee.

Flexible Terms

There is no term commitment for owners. The company’s service is free to join and can be canceled at any time. In addition, owners can use their vacation rental for personal use throughout the year.

Communication with Guests

Evolve handles communication with guests throughout the reservation process. In addition, customers who want help booking can contact Evolve’s travel advisors. They are available seven days a week by phone, email, and live chat.

Property Damage Protection

Unlike many competitors, Evolve does not require security deposits for vacation rentals. Instead, the company offers a Damage Protection insurance program. This program is backed by the insurance company Assurant and costs a set fee of $14.50 per night for guests. This protection covers up to $3,000 in unintentional damages by travelers. Guests are liable for intentional destruction or damage that exceeds the set amount. In addition, Evolve provides protection to property owners with $1 million in liability coverage.

Professional Listings

Evolve uses professional photographers and writers to create high-quality listings. In addition, properties are displayed on multiple sites such as VRBO, HomeAway, Airbnb, and more.

The Bad

• Limited Country Availability
  • Limited Pricing Options

Limited Country Availability

Currently, Evolve only services North America. Owners looking to list properties in countries outside North America will need to use another vacation rental management service.

Limited Pricing Options

Evolve does not offer multiple pricing options. Though it provides a low, set fee, some companies offer different options, such as yearly subscriptions, to fit the needs of different property owners.

The Bottom Line

Evolve is free to join and charges a low, 10 percent booking fee. The company offers flexible terms allowing property owners to cancel at any time and to reserve their property for personal use. Evolve creates professional listings and promotes properties on multiples vacation rental sites. Properties are protected through Assurant insurance and owners also receive liability insurance. Furthermore, it communicates with customers on behalf of property owners. However, owners of property outside of North America will need to use another vacation rental management company. We recommend consumers compare Evolve to other vacation rental management companies to see if it fits their needs.

3.4

Trustmit FL

This is an Owner review who trusted evolve with my property. Website is good and there fees are reasonable. That is where it stops and goes all downhill. This is not about the really poor customer service and attitude of some there but more about the flat out disregard for their clients for which they would not have a site to make money from. Everything favors the guest and not the owner- period. Which in some cases we understand the need to help the guest and can deal with some. This is about holding guest payments until they are 5 days into their stay prior to depositing in our accounts. To allowing full refund even up to 48 hours prior to stay and owner get ZERO to their "Smart Pricing" feature which you cannot opt out of which over charges guests so they can make more money and when you ask to set a fee they tell you they cannot. It is sad because this could be a good service and work for both the owner and the guest if they just would balance out there approach. Unfortunately we have to depart this company and we have experienced there poor service and utter lack of client requests for too long. If you are owner beware. They hold "Your" money" and make interest on it for months and even after check-in it takes days to be wired to your account. Pricing requests are like asking Hitler for leniency. It is a shame as just some minor tweaks and they could have a good service.

Jerry Dunlap Wheeling, WV

our stay in myrtle beach was great. we stayed at guest cottages/78 jester court. Quiet neighborhood, cozy, and clean cottage. Thumbs up Brenda K . awesome job! Brenda K was our contact. Very Professional, Friendly,and made sure we had everything we needed. Thank you so much for making a pleasurable vacation for us. God Bless. Sincerely, Kelly and Jerry D

Sothdra Nguon-Devereaux Kailua-Kona, HI

I had a very negative experience with evolve vacation rentals. I rented a property with them through Airbnb, and their listing is misleading. It mentions AC three times on the listing but upon check in we realized that only one of the two upstairs bedrooms had an AC unit. Also, the AC unit was broken and the upstairs was unbelievably hot. We reported this immediately, and was told to contact our local guest contact Ellen. She sent the cleaning lady to inspect the broken AC unit, which made no sense. I assumed I had reported the issue to enough people to have it resolved, but they did not try to repair it until I called and reported the issue to Airbnb two days later.

Annie Farley Cedarburg, WI

We rented an Evolve managed home in Minnesota, as we were attending a memorial for a family member. The home was a high-priced rental meant to house up to 13 people. It advertised a pool, and our kids were looking forward to using the pool, and we were anxious to have a relaxing place to stay during a very stressful weekend. No Pool.. dirty linens, stained pillows and towels.. no toilet paper. Bed sheets hung on doors when we arrived, food on utensils and kitchen tools in drawers. garbage, dirty cleaning rags and used toilet paper under sinks. There were not enough utensils for the number of guests.. 6 spoons? 13 people? The a/c was non functional, and the garage that was supposed to be available for our use had an above ground swimming pool thrown in the middle of it. This is management?? Our check in information had the incorrect contact numbers on it. We attempted to contact evolve directly and via Email and nobody got back to us. So disappointing

Christopher Passetti Anderson, SC

From the first day I booked I could not get a personal or response to my questions. I was bounced around through the automated phone system with no success. Tried the app and email and got what seemed like automated replies. Once I got to my condo the wifi didnt work, the codes for the pool, garage, and building didnt work. I was told the wifi issue I needed to take up with my local representative . After finally contacting my local representative through email she said she was no longer in charge of that unit and had no way of reaching anyone to help me. There was not enough cell service for me to conduct the business I needed to do while I was there. The place I stayed was nice. The hot tub was broken the whole time we where there. The most frustrating part was the email and phone call i received the day after I got home asking how my stay was. Where were you the last week?????????

Jamie Hall Mountain Home, AR

Very disappointed with this company. I booked a rental months in advance and paid the balance in full at the time. Days before we were supposed to leave, my dad was put in to the hospital AND my daughter was in the ER with a bad kidney infection. We still thought we could make the trip, so I didn't cancel before their 48 hour window. 36 hours before check in, my daughter did not think she could make the 10 hour drive so we decided to cancel. I did not expect to get a refund but called to find out if I could at least be reimbursed for the cleaning fee and damage insurance, being there was no need for cleaning and no damage to be done by us. After sitting on hold for a lengthy amount of time, they told me they would contact the owner and return my call with an answer. After a day I decided to also email this request. It has been over a week and I have yet to hear anything from anyone. Customer Service is obviously not important to them. If you choose to book with them, read ALL the fine print and be prepared for them not to communicate at all if you have an issue.

Mike Taylor Jenks, OK

Booked a stay at what looked to be a nice cabin, and ya pics can be deceiving. So we arrived at this cabin 5.5 hour drive later, only stuck at the front door with an invalid code. My wife contacted evolve with no help on any codes to get in, then finally got ahold of one of the owners which we shouldn’t be in contact with in the first place since evolve is a management company and they’re the ones to handle that. So anyways finally get in only to walk into a horrid stench of some combination of odor chemical and a one to two pack a day smoker in the house. So we’re trying to give this a shot so we walked around inside and it only got better as to find dishes left out in the sink, crushed pop cans on the back patio and I’m betting these sheets never got changed because of the body print still showing. Noticed the at least 1/4 inch of dust build up on the ceiling fan along with the return air looked like cousin IT was living in there. smh The bathroom has used razors in plain view I mean at least the razors were in the trash can. Pop cans on the back patio. The downstairs had random decor leaning up against furniture. Anyways it was a complete dumpster fire. So at this point we sat down for maybe a total of 5 mins to rush find another place to save us from this disaster only to hear what sounded like scratching inside the walls and after that we left and drove several hours away. My wife contacted evolve for a fund’s reimbursement and say said they need the owner to verify what all we said was accurate 🤔 maybe evolve hasn’t heard of bias yet, and for the less then 30 mins of stay they send us 268 bucks back out of the 865 to book. I have filed with BBB, and they still want to keep on acting like they did is a favor so tomorrow attorney time so if I have to file small claims I will in a hot minute. I’m going to leave a trail of my experience all over the web until I get your attention EVOLVE and my money back all of it not just a little percentage. All of it. I got pics I will be releasing with this info to.

ACR Newtown, CT

Do NOT rent any VRBO or Airbnb if Evolve Vacation Rental is involved. We just had to cancel our 4 days of vacation due to a family medical emergency. Bottom line - we could not travel and if we could have, we could not have used the property safely. We asked for a refund (even partial) especially after we saw they were able to RENT the property for our cancelled days. They said absolutely no refund. We got Airbnb involved and they tried to plead our case, but Evolve still said absolutely no refund. They double dipped and we lost over $1,500 because of a family medical crisis. Thanks for your humanity Evolve. - NOT!!!!

Terry Lyons Jonesborough, TN

Evolve is not reliable, they are putting bad reviews on owners review page without verifying the information. Evolve recommended a cleaning company that was good for the first two years then went downhill after that. Evolve said it was a contract between me and the cleaning company when I complained but they didn't take the time to investigate and still are recommending the company to owners. I have pictures from a guest that complained about the cleaning and Evolve didn't what to see my evidence and I got a bad review. Don't trust Evolve they are good at first to get your business then they don't even bother with you after that.

wutizgoinon

We listed our short term rental on Evolve for about 8 months before we decided it was not sustainable. In the beginning, when they wanted our business, the responsiveness was quite impressive. I would get calls back from an agent throughout the day to make sure I had submitted everything they needed to get us started. As soon as our house was listed and turned over to the agency, however, we heard crickets. Phone calls went unreturned. Online request tickets often took 4+ days to even receive a response. When someone would respond, the pat response was always "we have been responding to multiple calls". If I always used that same excuse with my clients, I would not have a job. It is inexcusable to take that long when someone's investment is on the line. Adjusting a nightly rate should not take a week to figure out. They have very poor customer service and we quickly left to find another agency to manage. Their concept is great but the execution has a lot of improvements needed if they are going to get more clients.

Yan Guo Cupertino, CA

Evolve is very dishonest I booked a house with Evolve on Airbnb. The second day the county issued a mandatory evacuation, due to dixie fire. The house is right in the middle of the evacuation area. I contacted Evolve and they said that they were monitoring the fire, and asked me to contact them 72 hours prior to the check in, so they could assist me. I started contacting them 3 days before checkin, 2 days before, 1 day before check in. These guys just disappeared. Now I am charged with over $1000 with a trip that I could not go. Don't rent any property managed by Evolve. They are very dishonest and only want your money.

Andrew Keller Pittsburgh, PA

This will be my first review ever! I would go as far as zero stars if I could. They make a promise on their site that they do a thorough inspection of the home and the landlord you will be renting from…… NOT TRUE AT ALL! Our landlord asked us to lie to anyone that comes to the home asking who we were…..why??? That’s because she was renting illegally but we booked through a legit company? That’s what we thought. Keep your money, stay at a hotel or go through AirBnB. And to top it off, they lied for her and wont refund us a penny which we paid way too much!

Kelley G. Costa Mesa, CA

I booked with VRBO, but then Evolve took over! What a mess of overcharges, mistakes and multiple phone calls and errors that they wouldn't listen to. They charged my card for almost $2,400, I had to cancel to get the proper credit. I rescheduled the same property again but on AirBNB and the same rental was $1512, they then cancel on me and let me know 4 days before the arrival that the owner is doing maintenance and cancelled the weekend all together. Will never use Evolve again! I ended up booking a last minute rental, cheaper, better and without a terrible experience of Evolve.

Amanda Anderson Charlotte, NC

Initially booked through VRBO (apparently a partner) and thought we purchased vacation insurance but we did not, i guess. Very Long story short...we didn't know anything about the red tide epidemic of 2018 until we called to schedule the ferry ride from mainland Florida to Little Gasparilla Island for my husband and I and 9 of our children and their families. They were booking vacations for any and everyone and didn't tell a single soul the island was mostly uninhabitable unless you stayed indoors. The ferry owner told us even property owners were getting to the island and turning right back around and wouldn't stay on the island. Because I am a cancer survivor with a compromised immune system and have a grandchild with severe asthma we had to cancel our trip. Evolve and homeowner would not refund a dime. I challenged the charges twice with my credit card company to no avail. I resorted to a BBB complaint. I received 1/3 of my total charges back from Evolve which was their housekeeping fees, booking fees, and taxes. The homeowner kept all her money. We spent over $2000 and have never even seen a peek of Little Gasparilla. It is/was unconscionable that anyone profited on vacation property during that particular epidemic/state of emergency and everyone should be ashamed. Also, have a look at all the places you are unable to leave the company a review...

JZ

Do not trust your property with Evolve! If your are considering trusting your property with Evolve because of the attractive 10% fee. Think it twice. There is ZERO commitment with homeowners and have poor customer service. My property had better exposure on a single site like Airbnb than with Evolve. Our sales went down significantly and we still had to communicate with guest and manage in someway check-ins and checkouts. Basically, we still had to do their work and pay them the fee. In January we received some problematic guest that overstayed an additional night without us knowing. When our cleaning team called us the next day we had to drive 3 hours on a Sunday morning to our beautiful vacation rental. When we arrived our property was trashed, chairs broken, appliances, trash every where, cigarettes' and pot on the furniture, our linens and towels destroyed. We quickly called Evolve to let them know about our experience. They assured us that they were handling our case and asked us to send pictures and proof of the destruction so they can assign a "case manager" to help us with the claim. We did everything they asked and more... We quickly took some funds out of our saving account to fix the property as quickly as possible for our next guest. With the idea of recuperating our savings through the insurance claim. FIVE months later and Evolve hasn't assign a "case manager". We always end up calling because they do not respond through the dashboard as they ask us to communicate through our property dashboard with evolve.com. We decided to take the loss and cancel our business with them. Please don't waste your time, there is no VALUE in it.

Mitty Dravich New London, NC

Professional, Customer Service Oriented, Responsive, Great Communication... From my initial contact with the onboarding group to the turnover rof the property to the support group, all I can say is it was painless. All of the professionals I spoke with were knowledgeable and patient with explaining everything what would occur. The photographer was wonderful. The write-up on the property sounds like they have been to the property and the area. All I can say is AWESOME! Could not be more pleased. Kudos to all! My husband said he cannot remember when he was so pleased with the service we have received. They are also very well connected in the industry that they were able to provide us with other resources such as tax professionals that could help us.

F. Reeves Gadsden, AL

My husband and I had to cancel a family vacation with Evolve Vacations Rental, The problem happened on a Sunday when we realized we were going to have to cancel. I spoke with a “Live Person” which was great! She said she would have to speak with the owner about the refund. I spoke to them again this AM, same young lady! She was understanding and very knowledgeable about the contract. Around noon I received an email saying our entire trip was refunded! I appreciate the owner and the company in the professional way they showed such understanding! We will use this rental site again. We rent 4-5 vacation homes a year for family trips. Thank you again to all parties involved!

Lenora Scottsboro, AL

My husband and I were very excited to be the first guest of the “Legacy View Lodge” in Sevierville,Tn. The layout and design of this mountain home is absolutely stunning. We enjoyed the beautiful (fully stocked) chef’s kitchen, the outdoor grilling station, the gorgeous master bath (loved the stacked stone), the wall of windows, and all of the many comforts offered which, are too numerous to list. Equally important, the views ARE truly amazing. We drank coffee on the back deck while watching the morning mist roll down the mountain, settling in the valley below. No camera could capture the ethereal morning beauty. It’s truly a must see! With all “Legacy View Lodge” offers, and because check-in and check-out was a seamless experience, we look forward to visiting again and again! Thank you for sharing your beautiful mountain home and helping to create anniversary memories that will last a lifetime!

Doreen Ballwin, MO

For our Branson, MO family vacation we chose a cabin off the VRBO site that was managed by Evolve. We were extremely pleased with the process. We booked the cabin three months in advance with a partial deposit. One month prior to arriving Evolve automatically charged our credit card for the balance and sent us detailed instructions about our rental. 15 days prior to arriving they sent us another email, then one day prior to arrival they followed up with another email. We were totally prepared for our arrival. After our stay I emailed the owner of the cabin regarding an issue with the coffee maker and he was very responsive. I would highly recommend Evolve for your next vacation! I will be using them again.

Mike Valencia, CA

I think that Evolve is the best property management company out there, bar none. They have completely stepped out of the box as far as how to manage property management. I have been with them over a year and have had nothing but positive experiences. I am so impressed that it is only 10% and they are advertised on all sites except for Vaccasa, which is a horrible company. They have a professional photographer that comes to your place free of charge and takes excellent photos. They have a professional team who writes up the details of your residence. I had a very picky guest one day who did not know I had a Keurig machine and she flipped out because she didn’t have her pumpkin spice coffee that she could’ve brought with her. Evolve has a complaint team who are so professional and contacted the guest and sent her a gift certificate to Starbucks and said they would re-imburse her for any charges she had for pumpkin spice coffee. As funny as the story sounds the guest ended up giving me a five star review. I have contacted Evolve numerous times about editing my website page and any other information. Customer service is quick and extremely professional. I absolutely love how guests do not leave a damage deposit but pay $15 a day for insurance. I had a brand new recliner chair and one of the guests children sat on it when it was reclined and bent the metal for the recliner and I filed a claim and the chair was fixed and I was reimbursed immediately. The guest did not even know I filed a claim from their damage and prevents them from giving a bad review.

Paula Hoffman Lake Jackson, TX

Very nice place to retreat to, located just a couple blocks from downtown with a secluded feel. The home was very welcoming and clean with all the comforts off home. One of the greatest part about this rental was being pet friendly. If you love wildlife this is a wonderful get away, bird all day long. The homeowner has placed feeders around the yard giving alot of chances for viewing. We also seen rabbits, armadillos, squirrels, and deer all from the patio while enjoying the shade. Only down side to this home is there is no true kitchen, but that is clearly shown in the listing. We brought coolers for most of our things and just work out of them. We did prepare 2 meals here at the home (painfully for 8 people) next time we stay we will opt to eat out. Who wants to clean up on vacation anyways!!! Definitely will book again!!!

Nacole Williams Wylie, TX

I don't even know where to start everything was so amazing!! We rented the house Dec 22nd-29th to come back to Alabama and spend Christmas with my husband family. The house was absolutely beautiful, kept up with, very clean, and smelled nice! We loved the master bedroom so comfy and the bathroom was amazing. The living room was very comfy and cozy, the couches where nice to sit and recline back and relax. The kitchen was beautiful and there was everything you needed to cook(Pots, pant, plates, etc) We loved the deck that is right off the kitchen/living room very nice to sit on and relax with a cup of hot chocolate or even watch the sunsets. We loved going down to the dock and relaxing for hours and just taking it all in. The drive to and from the house was nice as well we seen lots of wildlife! The whole experience was just amazing. The communication with Cindy was excellent and she even leaves you breakfast! We are excited to book again in the future!! If you want a nice relaxing getaway and a house to rent that is beautiful and clean this is the place for you. There is a sign outside that says Little Slice of Heaven and it definitely is!! Nacole & John Williams-Wylie, Texas

Deb Johnson

Switching over to partner with Evolve to book my rental property on Marco Island was the best decision! Evolve has lived up to all of their commitments and continue to make improvements. The transition to working with them was seamless. First step you are connected to an on-boarding professional who works with you on setting up your webpage and scheduling a photo shoot to help promote your property in the best possible light. You get to approve of the final page before going live. Once live they promised to get me more bookings and they delivered and they starting delivering immediately. I got my first booking within 24 hours of my property going live on their website, and the bookings just kept coming.!!! My home was rented 30% more this year than it has in the prior 6 years working with a private property management group. Not only did Evolve get me more bookings but they also charged me half of what I was paying to the property group I was working with. I went from paying 20% plus any incidental costs with the private management team to only a 10% booking fee with Evolve. And best of all you dont wait to get your money! You get 30% at the time the property is booked and the remaining 70% within 30 days of the guest arrival date. This is a huge asset. With my prior management group I got the money 1 week after the close of the month that the guest stayed even though they put a deposit down at the time of the booking. Crazy! Now its true I am more involved with the ongoing management of the incoming guests than I was before but to me that's a plus. I get to personally connect with the people staying in my home and understand first hand what they like and what may need to change. I prefer being involved rather than getting a "surprise" bill for a repair or change that I knew nothing about. I also love the Evolve owner website. It provides you with all of the details you need to know about incoming guests, how many bookings you have, how much money you have earned, etc. . This may not seem like a big deal but my experience with the private management team was I didn't get any of the renter/guest information. As far as the renter or guest knew my property management group owned the home. They kept that information from the owner. Importantly, if you have questions, or need help, Evolve representatives are always, always responsive. You can connect with them live on the phone, you can chat with them on the owner website or portal or send them a request via email. Whatever method you choose you can count on a timely response. They are a very helpful team of people. Net overall my experience switching to Evolve has been nothing but positive and if you are thinking about a change or getting into the rental property business- Evolve is a great booking partner.

Adrienne Lorenz Yucca Valley, CA

I’ve been with Evolve for over a year now. I was new to the vacation rental business and heard about them online. I thought about making a go by myself but saw the fees to sign up for Airbnb and vrbo. Evolve didn’t charge anything and would put me on all different websites and take professional pictures of my home and do the write up. It really was a no brainer. It took a couple weeks to get it all together, but I couldn’t be happier. My home is in the Joshua Tree market. Evolve charges 10% and does all the work. They take care of my calendar, answer questions with the guests, and send me my money. I always text the guest right before check in to introduce myself and let them know to contact myself with any issues with the property. So far I’ve had great reviews and only one guest that I won’t have back. (He let his dog swim in my Koi Pond and got mud everywhere.) I feel my property is being marketed very well and love the added insurance that Evolve gives me. I would recommend this company to anyone doing vacation rentals.

Ann Calvey San Mateo, CA

We have been with Evolve for only one year and they have been wonderful, from the first call they took us through everything to on board our property, step by step. they were always happy to help, and got back to us very quickly with any problems or concerns and marketed our property to our best advantage. I cannot speak highly enough of them, across the board they are excellent We have been rented every weekend and and this is only our first year. The advertise on 7 or so different sites. We had a problem with one renter and they went back to Arbnb and got us more money for extra cleaning which I did not think we had a hope of getting. I am very happy we chose Evolve.

Dianna Jensen Grand Junction, CO

We started with Evolve in January of this year. New to the Vacation Rental we have relied on the advice of the professionals, EVOLVE. They have been able to answer questions we have, suggest ideas, and give advice when needed. I tried to manage our VR on our own for one month and found it to be a waste of my time. I have 2 other businesses that need my attention and so having them manage people, bookings, money, advertising, and cover insurance has been a Godsend. We have surpassed our expectations with the rental and we are only in the sixth month. They have delivered what they have promised and we couldn't be happier. Thanks again EVOLVE for making our job easier by your great service. Sincerely, Dianna and Larry Jensen

Tracy L Zikes Riner, VA

EVOLVE's rental management model is a win-win for me as a homeowner. Their team of experts have proven their commitment to my success by widely and professionally marketing my home at a fraction of the cost other management companies charge. They take the reins, eliminating the stress of rental management, while perserving my overall ability to closely oversee each aspect of the process. Their team is responsive in answering my questions and addressing my concerns. With over $30,000 in rental bookings in the first 6 weeks of joining the program, EVOLVE is delivering what they promise. I couldn't be happier with my decision to put my trust in EVOLVE Vacation Rental Network.

Carol Basking Ridge, NJ

As an homeowner who uses Evolve to rent my vacation home, I can't praise them enough. Our listing went public with Evolve and their partner sites on 1/1/17 and we were booked solid every weekend in Jan/Feb/March in a matter of weeks. We have steadily rented in the interim months and have had great bookings all summer; some are full weeks even though we only have a 2-3 night minimum. I've even had repeat business already! Evolve walked me through the process, has a fantastic user interface online, updates my listing whenever I make changes, handles my billing, and has handled one or two renter issues as soon as they arose. I would recommend this company to anyone. Renting my house has been a completely pleasant and FUN experience because of Evolve!

Nyea East Lansing, MI

I promise you I am about to sure to leave a review about this company ANYWHERE I can. Including the Better Business Bureau. I booked a stay with them through Airbnb and they refuse give me a refund for a day that I made a mistake and booked. I didn’t cancel the entire reservation just a day. For them to be a big company they decided to first not refund even full but not even 50%. Would rather keep my money and not satisfy me as a customer. It was an honest mistake and the customer service is TERRRRIBLE! I cannot stand companies like this. Avoid avoid avoid

Victoria Rentel Reston, VA

Last year during pandemic rented a house from Evolve. They were willing to issue a credit given pandemic, which was generous under the circumstances. However, it took multiple emails and phone calls to reach somebody who could help me. This year I made a reservation and have heard NOTHING from them. Have emailed through their website, have emailed using their contact email. Have called. Have spent innumerable minutes of my life trying to get them to pay attention and NOTHING. Not a word. Homeowners, don't use them: I find as I leave reviews for them that my experience is not unusual. I have rented scores of homes through property managers, AirBnB, VRBO, Turnkey: Never again will I use Evolve. Horrible.

S. Dixon Houston, TX

Do not use Evolve. We had planned an out of state trip with family and coordinated a lot of schedules for months in advance to make it happen. Dion called from Evolve less than 24 hours before we were to check in and said it was cancelled because there were renovations. He wouldn’t help us find another property and said we would get a refund in a week. They said they couldn’t get a hold of the owner. We called the owner and she picked up on the first ring. She said the house was not under renovations and they were expecting us tomorrow. She couldn’t get ahold of Evolve either to find out why they did this. If we hadn’t done our own investigation our entire trip would have been ruined. They are a very sketchy company.

Michael Glunk Littleton, CO

I wish I could have given then no stars. I had people come in and trash my home. They smoked pot all throughout the home and it took me multiple days of work (I had to take vacation time off of work) and renting an ozone machine amongst other tools to get the home back to "normal". I couldn't find anyone who was able to do this work for me professionally so I did it myself given the turnover time until the next guests. I was told by Evolve that I could create an invoice for my time. I was told this before I took time off or did any of the remedies. After the fact when I went to get reimbursed they told me that they wouldn't reimburse me for my time. They acknowledge that they did tell me they would before I did the work, but that the person who told me that was wrong. In my line of work, mistakes are fine, but you don't make the client pay for them when you are the one that made the mistake. Apparently Evolve feels they shouldn't be responsible for their mistakes.

Jessica A K Joplin, MO

If I could leave ZERO stars I would. We booked a place on Airbnb through this company for a nice Mother’s Day weekend getaway; the photos advertised looked like what we wanted BUT they were very deceiving and not what we wanted at all. They tried to make it look like there was a water view of the lake in the back of the “cabin” and there wasn’t; you had to drive to get to the water that was nowhere near the “cabin”; we have an infant so were not wanting to drive anywhere to get to the water or have a nice view. Also there were several houses around the “cabin” that they tried to make look and sound “secluded”. It was a whole neighborhood. The only way we knew this is because we researched the location on google maps after confirming. Upon realizing this location was not what we wanted AT ALL, about 10 minutes later we cancelled and asked for the full refund explaining to them why. The host would not work with us, DID NOT give us a full refund and didn’t even respond to us. Extremely unethical business, they basically took $150 of my hard earned money for NO REASON. Our booking and cancelling 10 minutes later did not inconvenience, but it inconvenienced us. We ended up booking a different location with accurate descriptions and a very accommodating host.

Jessica Singh ,

We had a great time, we didn't do much outside of the home but we finally had a chance to relax and the home was so comfortable and welcoming! The owners were some of the most awesome, nicest people you could meet. Hope to stay again soon!

Laura T Las Vegas, NV

Evolve manages my one short term rental property and I couldn't be happier. They set prices to be competitive with comparable properties nearby, they present my property in a beautiful, professional way, and their contracts and agreements are clearly stated. They do what they say they will do; they enforce the contracts they make with all their customers, both home owners and renters. Evolve has worked hard to provide the best compromise for both property owners and renters, and I couldn't be happier with their service.

Kristi Sage Bellevue, WA

We had an amazing time at Julie and Dan’s cozy cabin tucked away amongst lush trees with incredible river-front views of the Skykomish River and snow capped mountains. We enjoyed our weekend filled with lots of R&R. The cabin has everything you need - including games, plenty of amenities (and an added bonus of stylish decor)! Definitely recommend this place and we can’t wait to be back soon. Thank you!

Lon King Hillsdale, MI

We had to change to a larger home this year after we already had one reserved. Tess and Ivy really handled everything like clockwork. They were very knowledgeable, prompt, diligent, and informed me of everything as we needed to make changes with insurance, etc. I will now use these two every year for our family "late Christmas" gathering somewhere in the country. I would hire them immediately, however I am just an old marketing consultant. Evolve hit a home run with the service Ivy and Tess provided. I am telling all my friends to use Evolve for trips like we take.

Diana LeVierge Agawam, MA

We loved our stay! The grand-kids loved the hot tub, and the rooms were spacious enough for everyone to have a place to be. Location was great and we were able to do many day trips. We whale watched, fished, swam in the ocean and the lake. There were many other great days, just hanging out playing pool and giant checkers with the kids. The bikes were a huge hit as well! Overall a great week, with our family! I believe my granddaughter stated that the pillows were also very nice. :-) Steve and Diana LeVierge & Family

JoAnna Darby Chandler, AZ

This is difficult because you cancelled my reservation for a hot spot at a hot time of year. You sent me alternatives that were not comparable to my original choice. When I tried to re-book time had passed and availability went way down and cost went way up. I had made flight arrangements and my family as well so the downstream affect was devastating. My agent Annie turned the entire situation from a 0 to a 5. She listened, she cared, she followed up and she fixed it. That one person prevented a very sour yelp rating from me. She needs a bonus.

Denise Palick West Bend, WI

It was extremely easy to book our vacation rental. Once you get on the website, everything is right at your fingertips to book your rental property. Once it is booked, the owners contacted me immediately to thank me for renting with them and gave instructions as to when my credit card would be charged. Can't speak highly enough for this service.

Jenni Garden Grove, CA

This was the absolute best cabin rental I've ever stayed at in Big Bear Lake. The owner provided everything someone would need to spend a relaxing week. All the conveniences of home can be found in this beautiful retreat. The view from the cabin is beautiful and have an excellent location. I would definitely recommend this retreat to anyone coming to visit Big Bear. Did I mention the view from the Hot Tub is breathtaking!

Angela

This was my first experience with booking a vacation like this. We were a bit nervous about the process and what to expect. Evolve sent us emails with clear instructions on what we needed to do and how to contact them should we have any questions or problems. It was such a good experience. They covered every detail and we really had all the info we could ever need about the location where we were studying at. It was very stress free and we will def be Looking at their vacation properties in the future.

Karen Wagner Delia Livingston, MT

We have been renting our cabin through Evolve for 2 years now. We absolutely love working with Evolve. They are easy to contact, keep us up to date, and they manage our property on multiple web sites. Over the past 2 years we have only had 2 issues, both with guests, and both times Evolve helped us and helped resolve each issue in a very timely manner. We plan on using them for as long as we rent and if we can add to our cabins we will rent them through Evolve as well.

Jessica Marrotte Wayne, NJ

I couldn't have had a better experience using Evolve Vacation Rental. My original vacation rental was cancelled unexpectedly two days before our planned trip. Me and another family were scrambling to find something else within 24-36 hours. Evolve helped us with the search until we found a rental we wanted to move forward with. Evolve also gave a credit of $250 to help offset the inconvenience. Lastly, everyone I spoke with over the phone was SO NICE!!!

Gay Light Oxford, FL

This cabin was very comfortable in a relatively quiet location. We enjoyed the spaciousness and privacy. One thing I would like to point out is the moment we stepped into the cabin, we noticed a very stale and musty odor. I knew immediately there was a problem in the HVAC unit and checked the air handler in the closet. I found a major leak where the duct is attached to the air handler, and there was a feeble attempt to patch it. It will require a leakproof mastic repair. That should improve the odor issue. The sliding glass door was difficult to open and close. We had a few friendly ants which posed no problem. All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would enjoy renting through you folks again. Thanks again, Gay Light

Christine Ramos-Diaz Middletown, NY

When I first called Evolve I was actually given some misinformation which led to my making reservations I would not have made otherwise. I was told that certain amenities were including in the fees for a particular reservation when they in fact were not. However, upon contacting Evolve to cancel the reservation, they worked quickly to come to a solution for me and my family and to compensate us for the amenities we thought were included but were not. They were tremendously helpful and cooperative and I was able to keep my reservations as a result of their efforts to make up for the initial mishap.

Eric Bethany, MO

This was the easiest vacation to book, stay, & checkout. Everything I online and easy to navigate. Emails were sent when promised. Everything was easy to navigate with information that we needed. The condo was the nicest rental we have ever stayed at, and we have stayed at several. Quite neighborhood, but close to essential stores and gas. Great walking trails and views!

Dale Roberts Jacksonville, FL

I really enjoyed my stay at the property. The process was very easy, included clear instructions, and directions to local places of interest. I had to make one call because I could not close and lock the front door. My call was answered quickly and my contact explained how the door expands and contracts. I was told to apply a little pressure and she offered to stay on the phone to make sure the problem was solved. Everything went well afterwards. I had a blast and everything I needed. I can't wait for my next beach getaway.

John D Brookline, MA

The booking process and rapid follow up confirmation and receipts were very appreciated and professionally done by Evolve. Great online/email communication and Jim C the Evolve representative for Sky Oasis in Ft Lauderdale was terrific and responded very quickly to the few questions we had during our one week stay. Would highly recommend Evolve to other travelers as well as property owners. The entire process was seamless and very efficient. I have worked for the past twenty plus years in luxury leasing and property management in Boston and they wowed me!!

John W Hodges Goodlettsville, TN

Evolve's multi-channel marketing model and geographic reach are world-class. If I ever put a vacation rental property on market, I'll quickly engage with Evolve. Evolve was very accommodating during the on-boarding process and answered ALL questions asked, with a partner-friendly attitude. World-class company!!! Commission very fair and covered all details.