Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

Travelocity

Travelocity Logo

Travelocity

Travelocity offers travel protection

Founded in 1996, Travelocity is one of the most well-known online travel sites. The company, which falls under Expedia's umbrella of brands, allows consumers to book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages using its platform.

Airbnb Logo Airbnb ›

9.6

Overall
Score

Expedia Logo Expedia ›

8.6

Overall
Score

Priceline Logo Priceline ›

8.4

Overall
Score

Travelocity Logo Travelocity ›

Insufficient
Reviews

The Good

• Website navigation
  • Destinations
  • Travel protection
  • Mobile app
  • Price guarantees for cruises

Website Navigation

Travelocity's website navigation is straightforward and makes it simple for customers to book travel accommodations. Some travel booking companies overload their sites with advertisements, but Travelocity's site is relatively clean.

Destinations

Travelocity regularly offers flight and hotel deals for destinations not typically found on other travel booking sites such as Milan, Italy, and Copenhagen, Denmark. The company makes it simple for travelers to find out which deals are popular by providing a list of popular hotels, flight destinations, and rental cars on its homepage.

Travel Protection

Travelocity seeks to cover the concerns of its customers by offering travel protection that covers the following:

• Cancelled or changed trips before travelers fly
  • Protection after flights (lost, stolen, or damaged baggage; medical expenses)
  • 24/7 worldwide emergency assistance

Mobile App

Travelocity's app for Apple and Android devices helps travelers gain access to mobile-only offers and promo codes exclusively available through the app. Additionally, users can use the app to search over 400 airlines and more than 435,000 hotels worldwide using their smartphone or tablet.

Price Guarantees for Cruises

Travelocity offers price guarantees for cruises based on certain criteria. However, customers should be aware that in order to take advantage of this guarantee, they must do so within 24 hours of booking and ensure that the sailing dates for the price-matched cruise are exactly the same.

The Bad

• Lack of cancellation transparency
  • Rewards program limitations

Lack of Cancellation Transparency

It is difficult to find cancellation information on Travelocity's website. Some cancellations may be eligible for a full refund while others may not. It would be helpful if Travelocity provided a transparent policy regarding flight, hotel, and other travel accommodation cancellations in an easily accessible place on its site.

Rewards Program Limitations

A possible hindrance to Travelocity's rewards program is that it is carried out through American Express, a card which is not accepted at some merchants and restaurants. Further, some consumers do not feel comfortable enrolling in a credit card program with the following stipulations:

• APRs start at 15 percent and run as high as 25 percent
  • Points expire 48 months from the last date travel was booked using the rewards program

The Bottom Line

Travelocity offers straightforward web navigation, a number of uncommon destinations, travel protection, a mobile app, and a price guarantee for cruises. However, the company is not entirely transparent about its cancellation policy and its rewards program has some limitations.

2.4

Lesa Burgess
August 21st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Travelocity is easy to use & they seem like they offer some really good deals. I was able to book my flights, hotels as well as view on things to do around the city I was staying in. They even updated me a few days before my trip began. Very helpful!

Kimberly Bronson
December 18th, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

I don’t see anything different with Travelocity than any other travel agency. Feel they need to do something to set themselves apart. They aren’t my first choice.

Julie Firkins
June 12th, 2017 Orem, UT

I booked a flight with travelocity, i got horrible sick, i called to try and rearrange my flight they would not help me at all. i told them i could bring in a letter from my Dr, they refused to give me a break so i flew very sick and really hope no one on the plane caught what i had,

Breanna Jones
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Not my favorite travel site but I can usually find deals here. If i find a better deal here than another site, I will book it here. Pretty good bundle deals.

Doyal Stewart
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Travelocity usually has pretty good prices and is pretty simple to use. It's not my go to site anymore, but it's still worth a look when shopping around for prices. They should bring back the gnome commercials.

MARY
May 20th, 2016 Casselberry, FL

3 weeks before my trip I found a lower price advertised by Travelocity forthe same hotel i booked earlier thru travelocity.. There was a $25.00 per night lower price same hotel advertised by travelocity. Called Travelocity about procedure for their Lowest price guarantee and informed an application and snap photo shot of the advertised lower price which i sent. Waited the 48 hours for the tier 3 customer servie to respond and called again saaid they never received my e-mail or snap shot. Sent the customer serive lower price guarantee apploication four times total with snapshot and made 4 phone calls and put on hold for 2 hours each time I called travelocity , poke with Spervisors and the tier 3 customer service never approved the application with the snap shot at all. Travelocity are LIARS THERE IS NO LOWER PRICE GUARANTEE AT ALL. I WILL NEVER USE TRAVELOCITY AGAIN .