Priceline Logo

6.2

Founded in 1997, Priceline is a travel site that helps consumers find and book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company has several other brands and subsidiaries under its umbrella in order to help customers receive the best deals on travel accommodations.

Keep reading for details about Priceline, plus read Priceline reviews from real customers.

CheapOAir Logo
#1 CheapOAir chevron_right
3.9
Airbnb Logo
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
Expedia Logo
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Family of Brands
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Navigation
  • Hotel Guidebook

Family of Brands

For over 20 years, Priceline has cultivated and evolved its travel booking service to keep travelers coming back as often as possible. The company's family of brands includes Booking.com, Kayak, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, just to name a few. As part of The Priceline Group, Priceline travelers can expect to see results comprised of information from thousands of booking sites.

Travel Accommodations

Priceline seeks to give its customers as much freedom as possible by allowing them to name their preferred price and bid for their trip accommodations. Travelers can book the following through Priceline's platform:

• Hotels
  • Flights
  • Rental cars
  • Vacation packages
  • Cruises

Navigation

Priceline has made it so that its platform is easy to navigate, offers some of the best deals in the industry, and gives travelers the "low down" on each vacation and travel package that is offered on its website. Consumers can search for vacation options by destination or star rating in order to quickly find what they are looking for.

Hotel Guidebook

One of the best services offered by Priceline is its hotel guidebook, which helps travelers understand the features and services that they will receive from each hotel that they are considering.

The Bad

• Pricing Discrepancies
  • Limited Foreign Listings
  • Travel Insurance Concerns

Pricing Discrepancies

There are some discrepancies in terms of pricing that Priceline customers should be aware of. For instance, resort fees are not included in bidding, which means that even if a customer gets a hotel deal on Priceline, they could be subject to additional resort fees of $25 or more. This obscure part of its terms of services could greatly inflate travel prices for customers who purchase a stay at a hotel or resort.

Limited Foreign Listings

For American consumers looking to travel internationally, Priceline is not the optimum first choice due to its limited offerings for out-of-country accommodations. Priceline's foreign vacation deals are limited to the following destinations:

• Puerto Rico
  • The Caribbean
  • The Bahamas
  • Cancun

Travel Insurance Concerns

While Priceline does offer travel protection, there are some concerns about this feature. For example, the company's travel protection coverage is not available outside of the United States. Although Priceline does a nice job of meeting the needs and interests of those traveling within the U.S., the needs and interests of individuals traveling outside of the country are not covered. Travelers should also be aware that Priceline's travel protection does not cover voluntary trip changes or cancellations.

The Bottom Line

Priceline offers booking for several travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles. The company also provides effective navigation and a hotel guidebook to help customers quickly find exactly what they are looking for.

However, Priceline's foreign listings are limited and its travel insurance is not available outside of the United States. Additionally, consumers should be aware that they may be subject to additional resort fees not included in their initial bid.

View Best Travel Sites

2.2

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Yvonne Shealy Tucson, AZ

Absolutely terrible! Did not disclose information that should have been. I called customer service and the jerk hung up on me. Guess I wasn't giving him the conformation number fast enough. Then automated system said I could select to have a call back. After he hung up on me the wait time was 59 minutes. It has been three days and no call back. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE AWFUL AND I DID NOT SAVE ANY MONEY. AS A MATTER OF FACT, THEY COST ME MONEY. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

Tany Pacchioni Clayton, NC

DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM THIS PLACE!!! I paid $400 to rent a car for a couple of days, but after driving it for an hour I noticed that there was something wrong with it. The company’s mechanic confirmed that there was a mechanical problem with the car. So I wanted a refund because I had the car with me for only an hour, and they said “NO”! They stole $400 from me, and even refused to give me any store credit. WHY?! I paid $400 to drive a modern car for almost a week, but they gave me a car with issues which I returned within the hour because I just couldn’t drive that trashy car. And they decided to keep all of the money. Even when their own mechanic told them there was an issue with the car. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THESE THIEVES!!! I spent the next month trying to get my money back through the phone, but the customer service was a joke, and they still declined to give me my $400. I would even accept half of the amount, but NOOOOO, 1 hour of driving a messed up car is equivalent to $400. DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET ROBBED!!!

Amy Wright Brooklyn, NY

I booked a rental car in Atlanta. Rather than collecting it from the airport, I opted to choose a location near the place I was staying- a location that was suggested on the priceline site. I booked the car per Priceline's suggested times and thought I was set. EXCEPT the pickup was at a location that was closed on Saturday. I called Priceline about this issue, and I was advised they are not responsible for accuracy of listings on the site, and I need to take it up with Hertz. Morals of the story- Priceline seems to think there is no technology available to vet information on their sites (we know this isnt true) and dont ever use priceline again

Caylon Travis Watertown, MA

Booked a one-week roundtrip flight to Mexico to visit friends for a much-needed vacation. Got up early the morning of the flight, paid for a $35 Uber to the airport only to find out that I missed my flight; it was rescheduled to an earlier time and I wasn't notified. No email, text, phone call, nor voicemail. After days of phone calls with representatives attempting secure refunds on all items, including the Uber rides to/from the airport, I asked the supervisor on the phone what Priceline can do to rectify the situation. They offer me a 5% off coupon for a hotel or car rental.... expiring in July 2021; it's April 17th. I ask if they can help me on a flight in the new few weeks, now that prices are quadruple what I paid. Nope.

Craig Willoughby Chicago, IL

Booked a trip to New Orleans and rented a car through Priceline. Great deal! What Priceline didn't tell us was that the agency wasn't at the airport...it was downtown. Turned out that the agency we booked through didn't honor Priceline, and I ended up paying an extra $200. Oh, and to top it all off? Priceline's booking fee is non-refundable. Overall, I do not recommend them. Save your money!

Bria Lopez Phoenix, AZ

We booked a hotel through Priceline. When we showed up to our reservation, the hotel was overbooked and they sent us away, saying they were already full before we ever booked our room, and it was Priceline's fault. We tried contacting Priceline and the hold time was more than 40 min. When I finally got through, I explained the situation to the customer service rep who tried to contact the hotel for verification. She claimed she couldn’t get ahold of the hotel because it was the wrong number and she was calling a hotel in New York (rather than Phoenix). After going back and forth 3 times, she asked me what their phone number was, and I confirmed that she was calling the correct number. I thought it was odd, the area code was an Arizona area code, yet she still said it was calling New York? I had my husband call the number and he got through just fine... twice. I told the customer service rep this and she started defending herself saying she wasn’t lying. I told her it was fine, we just needed them to find us a new hotel for the night. She said she couldn’t until she verified our reservation. After 30 min of this back-and-forth conversation, I was starting to feel like she did not care at all about our situation. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to, or a manager. She told me her managers would not answer even if I tried contacting them, and would not transfer me to anyone else. I hung up and tried calling back, hoping to get a different customer service rep. After another 40 minutes of waiting on hold, my husband got through to a really nice customer service rep. Unfortunately, because it was so late at that point, the relocations office was closed and there was nothing she could do to help our situation. She said something along the lines of: “I noticed you called a while ago and spoke to someone about this same issue. I am so sorry, she should have forwarded you to the relocations office while they were still open, I have no idea why she didn’t do that”. She told us that unfortunately nothing could be resolved until Monday (it was Friday night), and that we would have to either book another place on our own or drive home. At this point, I am very frustrated, and we are waiting to see if they will even give us a refund. I went onto Priceline’s Instagram page to read the comments and see if anyone else had problems with them. *EVERY SINGLE COMMENT that was made visible to me was a negative review. This company is a scam, don’t give them any of your money.

Laimute Paulauskaite Philadelphia, PA

To start, i was using priceline for years...but it all came to the point that I am reconsidering to take my business somewhere else... Today I was trying to book the hotel and there was a glitch in their system : while I pressed "book" button the confirmation was not coming but showing no deal and choose another one .... I did the search again and I saw the same hotel with the same price...ok let me try to book it again but again there was no Confirmation after pressing book. I said to myself ok let me try later... Meanwhile I went to the meeting and while checking my e-mail I saw 2 booking confirmation. Surprise... I called immediately the custom support explaining the issue and there only script I got "no refund" After going through custom service, 2 supervisors with the same script "NO REFUND" not even giving me the answer how the web process of booking works ?????? hellooooooo... they had a decency to tell me that it was a legit booking and words EVERYONE WILL GIVE YOU THE SAME ANSWER! The last person I spoke later in the day (at my request for him to call me back) was the head manager of the booking and he said that it's up to the hotel if they agree to do refund I'll get it. The call was received late afternoon when that's what the customer service was supposed to do in the first place when I called them . Meanwhile waiting for the call back from the head manager I contacted my credit card and hotel and explained the situation. And I notified everyone that I will not pay from my pocket for the glitches and mistakes of the company. Instead of reading me the script "NO REFUND" the priceline workers should of use a little bit of common sense and brain and figure out that it was glitch ( but they say that I received e-mail confirmation - guess what I DO NOT BOOK THROUGH E-MAIL - I BOOK THROUGH THE PRICELINE WEB!!!!!! And if after booking I do not get message CONGRATS! Your trip is booked! - I know there is no booking. LEARN HOW YOUR WEB WORKS - to start!!!!!! I am waiting to see if the head manager will call me and say that he solved the issue ....but I have doubts! I hope that this message will get to the head of PRICELINE and pay attention to this matter as I will do my best that this message will be posted everywhere to get the attention of the BOSS!!!

Brandy Hoopes Clewiston, FL

Priceline should be shut down and no longer able to operate ! They are the most disrespectful , ignorant , down right scums ! They are a huge scam and its so sad that they know exactly what their doing to people and are perfectly ok inside themselves treating others taking from the innocent. I did not mean to hit finalize on my hotel booking and immediately i called the hotel and was told to call PRICELINE . I called , and called, and called for several days to only receive an automated vm saying " all our customer reps are busy on another line, please try your call again later this week " !! or press 2 to be added to the call back list . I DONE SO !!!! Not one call returned nor ever spoke to someone until almost a week later to only be told " WE CANT REFUND UR MONEY , YOUR A NO CALL , NO SHOW !! " I responded i haved been calling the very same day the hotel was booked and i have proof of names and numbers to show...The rep responded she didnt care and assured me i would not get my $269.00 back and hung up. Needless to say i had to dispute their charge and would never recommend this company to anyone not even the neediest of anytimes !!!

Erik Heinkele Carrollton, TX

AA canceled my flight. Priceline shows something has changed, but not that the flight was canceled. I tried using their chat -- it referred me to a phone number. I called the phone number which said...unless you're traveling in the next 14 days, we can't take your call. I literally have NO WAY OF REBOOKING or getting a refund!!!!

Casey Hobbs ,

I recently traveled to Chicago during the latest winter storm, I reserved a car with Priceline which I have exclusively used up to this experience. The reservation I made was through Budget car rental and the price totaled 192 dollars for a four day rental pick up time at 10:00 pm. I arrive in Chicago and collect my belongings and arrive at the car rental desk a little before mid night. The main counter is closed posting the hours to be closed at 7 pm. I check the counter inside the garage, it is also closed at 7pm. I have no other choice but to use the only open rental agency and due to the last minute rental I am charged 462 dollars. I immediately contact Priceline and ask why they would allow my to make a reservation to a car rental agency that is not open at the time of my arrive, they provided no answer. I asked to be credit the amount my rental to the new rental I had to take, the response was there is nothing we can do. I asked to speak to a manager, a manager was not was not helpful and I was informed I was not even eligible for a 10% discount for my next rental. Both employees had no empathy or solutions to me being stranded at the airport unable to access a reservation that Priceline had allowed to be made. I would be extremely cautious to use this service again fellow travelers to not be stranded at an airport or be expected to pay an extra 300 dollars.

Aarin Walker Greenwood, IN

Offers good price comparisons, but beware of entering payment info! I entered my payment info and then entered a discount code. Priceline submitted my payment instead of checking if the code worked. I entered codes before entering my payment info and it would verify if the code worked or not, so I know it wasn't user error. DO NOT ENTER PAYMENT INFO until you are ready to book

kelvin li Richmond Hill, ON

If you are booking airline tickets, go check airline website before you pay at priceline. Under pandemic, priceline will forfeit your residule value without mercy if you rescheudle our booking to a cheaper date, however, some airlines will keep your residule value in their travel banks, so you can use it for future booking. They often make mistakes in flight availabilities. Again check with the airline before you deal with priceline. Be aware price gouges customers in many ways. Wish there is option for no stars

Şengül Demir San Diego, CA

ne of the worst customer service. I booked a ticket through their agent on the phone. apparently, he did not complete the confirmation. It has been a week more than tota 15 hrs on the phone. and there is no solution yet. my family is ready for the flight but there is not any ticket number. they suppose to call me, no calls. and emailing me about " we try to call you but we could not reach you" something like this. it is all lie. I used to book my all hotels and flights through Priceline but it turns out a nightmare. no more pricing or their related another brother-sister online website. I will be very careful from now on

Josh Belcher Chicago, IL

I was sold a flight/hotel package in December for use in February. The hotel was set to open January 29th. I noticed the hotel website reopening date changed to June 1st and contacted Pricelines. I spoke to over a dozen people just trying to convince them the hotel was closed. I was eventually offered another hotel after someone called a sister hotel and confirmed the hotel was closed for renovations. The next day I recieved a call from their relocation department and was told they only handle people traveling in 72 hours or less. I was told someone else would contact me to complete my reservation. I then received an email stating I was only eligible for a refund of my hotel fees but my flight is non refundable. They will not honor the relocation I was offered and will not refund all of my money. I guess I'll be sleeping on the steps of a closed hotel.

Robert Allen Hammond Brighton, CO

I would not recommend that anyone use there insurance I have been ripped off twice for concert tickets and rental stuff insurance Alliance Insurance is a total scam I will not use any service that recommended it

Josephine Jael Jimenez Tustin, CA

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH THEM I used their site to book a hotel room and my first attempt prompted a “This deal is no longer available” box to pop up, so I tried again because it was still showing up. I was charged for BOTH transactions less than a minute apart and Priceline refused to cancel one because they were both “valid.” Will never be using them again, terrible customer service. I plan on disputing the charge.

Bryn Grunwald Boulder, CO

THE WORST. We have been trying to book a flight through them. We had a flight last year that got cancelled due to covid, and Priceline gave us a voucher, but we can only book through the phone. EVERY TIME, in the midst of confirming the booking details, they have hung up and not called back. Every time, we have been on hold for an hour and half, only to be hung up on. They will not give us our money back or allow us to book it online. Do not trust them with your money.

D hoffman , CO

We booked a hotel Jan 1, 2021 for 5 nights at extended stay in Colorado Springs. When we got there, and checked into our hotel. The room was very dirty floors were not vacuumed very visible dirty smudge marks or hand prints on walls near light switches and doors one of the beds had brown streaks on them. We told them we wanted to cancel our reservation that, during this time the room should have been well disinfected and cleaned, and clearly wasn’t! Priceline allowed us to cancel our reservation but not for that night! Even though it was dirty and against our well being to stay there, they would not give us a full refund! Very disappointed in Priceline, they don’t watch out for their customers! Beware, will not use them any more other options to choose from!

Lindsey ,

Very disappointing. Wanted a hotel with a pool for the kids. Booked a special that specified I would be put at one of three hotels... all of which advertise they have a pool. We got to the hotel and the pool is closed because it is an outdoor seasonal pool. This was not specified that there was the possibility of a closed seasonal pool in the line up. I would have just paid more for a hotel with an operating pool. This is misleading and wrong as a business owner myself I would be ashamed to advertise this way. Why advertise your "pool" if it is not functional. Priceline should be better than this. Zero stars (if I could) and I will not be using them again. Such a simple solution to their misleading ways and they did nothing about it.

Todd Bishop Cape Coral, FL

I booked a trip to California with airfare and hotel. There was an option of adding a rental car for $35.00/day so I opted to rent the car as well. I found out ten minutes after booking this trip that my girlfriends mother was coming into town on the dates I booked the trip. Within thirty minutes of booking this trip I was on the phone trying to cancel it. They refunded the hotel and airfare. Not only did they refuse to refund the car rental, they charged and kept $295.00 for a five day rental. Five days at $35.00 is $175.00. It doesn't matter if you escalate it to a supervisor, they simply don't care. So they have an agreement with Budget Rental Car that they will charge you even more than the rental they sold you if you cancel. So they actually make more money if you're up against the wall and can't pick the car up. It cost them nothing and they charge you more than if you had actually picked the car up. Straight up theft! I hope whoever reads this never uses Priceline or Budget Rental Car, I know that I never will again! There needs to be a class action lawsuit against these thieves!

Robert Soles Asheboro, NC

Stole my Daughters money and cancelled her flights. My daughter, (20 yrs. old), is a CNA at a hospital in Michigan. She had saved up to buy plane tickets to North Carolina and back to Michigan to see me, (her dad), on her Birthday weekend. I ended up getting some time off from work so I went up to Michigan shortly before her trip. I told her she should ride with me down to North Carolina so she could experience the Mountains and see some cool, new things and then take her return flight home. She contacted Priceline and let them know that she would be driving down and was also trying to see if she could get some of her money back for those flights. They informed her that she would have to cancel all of her flights to receive anything back, we understood. Shortly after getting to North Carolina we received an email from Priceline that they had canceled my daughters return flights because she didn't make the flights down and they would not be returning any of her money. After several phone calls between Priceline and United Airlines, (United Airlines, Where the guy laughed at my daughter and hung up the phone on her), we finally found out that it was in Priceline's policy to keep your money and cancel your return flights, even though you paid for them. I had to purchase a new return flight for her and they did nothing.

Tanya Rodie Macon, MO

Customer service sucks... Been trying to get my deposits back now for 4 days when the hotel person said it would be returned the next day... It's put a damper on my bills being paid. Maybe if lifeline would actually care about the customer and not leave them on read with messages they wouldn't get bad reviews. And maybe if the hotel ppl wouldn't lie to customers... I'm fed up. And believe I should be compensated for the lies and time lost and wasted on trying to get my money back.

Jacqui Grey Fort Mill, SC

I have never been more disappointed by a travel site. First we did the bundle deal to rent a car and flights together, because they clearly stated that you were able to pick up the car rental at the airport. When we arrived we could not find the kiosk. I doubled checked the reservation and it said the airport again, but there was another address under this. I called customer service and at first she just said well you must have to get a cab to that address. I asked why it said airport and why did this not update until after I paid for the reservation. She looked further and finally found where I could get a shuttle. At this point she just kept repeating directions with no actual customer service. I accepted that I might have missed this some how, but the presentation of the bundle was purposely misleading and the customer service was horrible. When booking the flights our itinerary updated and Priceline had changed our return flight to Frontier. I was not happy about this, but figured that was apart of the cheapest bundle. At the end of our trip the flight was still active on Priceline and we did not receive any updates. Luckily we tried to check in the night before and kept getting an 'error' or 'reservation not found' message. We called Priceline and were transferred to the flights department which said they would have to call us back. While waiting I called Frontier and they told us there was an error in booking back in September and they cancelled our flight (I still don't know what this means). Their only offer was a 38.00 refund or to reserve their next available flight, which was not until February. When Priceline finally called back they just said "are you sure your tickets were cancelled, this is still showing active", "did you actually speak to Frontier"...Finally the customer service rep looked a little more and confirmed the same thing as Frontier, she saw some sort of error. She then informed us that it is not their responsibility to send us updates or make sure our booking went through or that the flight was active when booking. We get this information from the airline. Meanwhile we are still stuck in Miami with no way home. I told her its ridiculous to charge so many fees and to book through them if they don't support the transaction, but we needed a solution and way home. Her response was that this was the flights department, but it was a reservation issue and they would have to call back. We did not get a call back until 1 am. We had to find flights at another airport and still have not gotten our refunds or another customer service response.

Ryan Boyer Shawnee, OK

Horrible customer service. I was heading to my nephews wedding when I received a call telling me the brides parents have covid. I called the airline (which I booked through American Airlines website) and explained the situation. No problems. They refunded my points and money. I wasn't even looking for that. I was looking just to postpone until January. i called Priceline and they said the usual "nothing we can do, it's the rental car agency not us" BS! I called Budget and they said they would refund the complete cost but Priceline has to cancel the reservation. Priceline refuses to cancel the reservation so I'm stuck paying for a car I won't be using! I will NEVER use those thieves again!!

Mary Ann Linsell Cranford, NJ

I booked a hotel on Priceline yesterday October 23rd for a King Size Bed at Holiday Inn Newark Airport. Not sure whose fault or responsiblity but I got a special price and when I got to the hotel last night IT WAS BEING COMPLETELY RENOVATED!! They gave out a paper with an upgraded hotel called the Crowne Point near Neark Airport. Wasn't upgraded, I had already paid on Priceline. I was charged extra costs. Didn't get the bed I wanted. The place was horrendous, dirty. Staff rude. Furniture torn. I asked front desk if it was sanitized he was nasty and said we wouldn't be open. No dining little cafe, food terrible. Priceline wouldn't help, Crowne Point wouldn't they said there is a contract with Holiday Inn. Well why would you contract with them when they are under renovation. Not safe area. Worst experience ever

Sroth Chicago, IL

I was expecting to get the run-around when trying to cancel my non-refundable car rental due to Covid-19. However, I couldn't be more pleased with the very quick, friendly, and positive response from Priceline. Although their automated call routing system told me I was not eligible to cancel or refund, I stayed on the line for a very positive and quick discussion with an agent who is sending me a credit certificate. I will remain the loyal customer I've been for 15 years!

Sabrina Moore ,

Horrible, lying, cheating unprofessional people I have ever delt with. These people literally are a disaster for the businesses they have ties to. After talking to Kevin, I will never use their services again. I also will be skeptical of the hotel that let them represent them. Just horrible

Dave Kriger Aliquippa, PA

Professional scammers. Booked and paid..week later didn’t have my room said it was never booked..refuse to refund the package..I guess that’s the beauty of a credit card dispute..customer service is a bunch of idiots as well been six hours of phone time and no resolution.. lesson learned hope they go belly up being such a deceitful crap company.

Bryan Josemans ,

I inadvertently booked 2 nights at a motel 45 minutes from the desired location one week in advance. Three minutes after I paid, I realized the error and called the motel to cancel. They said I had to go through Priceline. I called Priceline and the refused the refund or even credit me towards a motel at the desired location. Now I am going through my credit card company. I am retired and always go through Priceline for my airline and motel arrangements-NEVER AGAIN

Sarah Pinckney, MI

It should be possible to leave zero stars. Priceline is refusing to give us a refund or reschedule our room. We booked a hotel via Priceline a month ago when the COVID numbers were much lower. Now the numbers have spiked and there are new orders in our state. With over a week’s notice, they are refusing to do anything. Instead they are going to keep our $300 in the middle of a pandemic. Go with Travelocity or Kayak.

me me West Springfield, MA

They double charged me for a flight. I called to dispute and they said tough. The transaction has already gone through so im stuck with it. I asked to speak to a supervisor and they hung up on me. I called again and was hung up on 3 times. Most of the times I think people are rude when being hung up on. I was just hung up on when I asked to speak to a supervisor every time. They stole $800 from me.

Denise Cardenas Austin, TX

Priceline should receive negative marks not even 1 Star. My boyfriend booked a room we drove 4 1/2 and he called the hotel to let them know we will arrive after midnight and understood check out would still be at 11 a.m which is fine. We finally arrive after 1:30 a.m tired, hungry & sleepy just wanting to check in to take a shower and sleep. The front desk was very rude and she refused to take the card he used to book the hotel because it did not have a chip. When I offered my card she rudely said no because it wasn’t under his name. I asked can I just booked the room then she said in a ugly tone no I can’t do that I’m like wtf really why not you have a room available. We found another room down the street at Motel 6 where they took care of us with no hesitation. When contacting customer support Leo the rep was rude said no refunds to my boyfriend while I was online chatting with Vee where I was told the same and that policy states no refund I put where on the site states card is required to have a chip if you already were charged she states hold one moment while I check waiting and restates no refund is possible and when requesting someone in management she states that they will say the same I explained I’m also in the business off management and that is always told to customers but when a customer request a manager one should be provided and a manager has an authority to make the customer happy or try to satisfy them any way in their power and she disconnected the chat. RUDE!!! Never again

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I like using Priceline. We recently went to Elko for a funeral. We opted to use Priceline and we went with the option where you agree on an amount and you may or may not get a hotel that is better then what you thought. We were pleased with our room and the price we paid.

Lindsey American Fork, UT

I ALWAYS find the cheapest flights on this website. As for hotels and others, I haven't found the absolute cheapest. If you're looking for flights, this is the right place. Customer service is very helpful and well at responding.

David H Bedford, TX

Could not make my trip do to Covid, tested positive before my flight, thought it was the flu. No refund without 72 hour notice. Have had flight cancellations and the same thing no refund of any kind even though they rent your room out.

Laura Mount Vernon, WA

Priceline made unauthorized charges on my card for a hotel I never booked. I called and asked them to remove the charge and they refused, sent me the incomplete web form I had started filling out before booking elsewhere. This is theft, pure and simple. Do NOT book through Priceline!

Alex N Glendale, AZ

Worst experience ever with Priceline. They saving isn’t worth the loss they’ll cause you in the long run! Please reconsider using them before purchasing anything. After eight years of this company I got a huge smack in the face when asking to reschedule due to Covid. Not refunded but rescheduled and I’m these “uncertain times” the one thing I’ll bet with certainty is this company will screw you!

AB Los Angeles, CA

Priceline is a scam and their Customer Service Reps are greedy, useless, lairs. I booked my room and paid fully. The hotel overbooked. I have an email from the GM stating they refunded Priceline and Priceline owes me a refund. Priceline is now claiming I was a no-show and they're not going to refund my fully paid room. You see good reviews and bad on various sites, is it worth the risk to be one of the 2/5 people they rip off? All they need is a few good (or fake) reviews to keep the scam going.

harry thibault Niles, MI

I had an experience on a trip to California where my Priceline phone app defaulted to a different date than the one I had chosen. I had booked a hotel room from the hotel parking lot but when I went in, they couldn’t find my reservation. I discovered the glitch and was able to get through to Priceline automated cancellation and have the issue fixed THAT time. However, using the same phone app 2 nights later, I booked a hotel room using Priceline’s “Pricebreaker” promotion that offered me one of 3 different hotels in Pleasanton, CA for a low price. All 3 hotels were in Pleasanton and acceptable so I committed (after carefully verifying the stay dates) and it looked like we were booked at the Best Western Plus for a great price. We showed up at the Best Western Plus in Pleasanton and (again) they hotel didn't have a room under my name. I reviewed the confirmation email and Priceline had booked me at the Best Western Plus in Martinez, CA about 30 miles away. I called (again) to cancel and Priceline’s estimated wait time was 2 hours. I booked another room at the BW+ in Pleasanton for that night thinking I could cancel the one they had booked incorrectly. When I finally got through to Priceline later that night, they refused to refund the hotel stay, even though I had used them to rebook my stay that night at BW+ in Pleasanton at a higher price! Their response was NO REFUNDS FOR PRICEBREAKER DEALS - even if their app screws it up. I WILL NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN and will copy and paste my experience on every applicable internet/social media platform I come across. There are many other booking sites that offer a smoother and more satisfying customer experience. BE AWARE –PRICELINE’S PHONE APP PLATFORM IS GLITCHY AND MAY BOOK YOU AT A DIFFERENT DATE OR LOCATION THAN WHAT YOU DESIGNATED.

Denise S Reinig Bethany, OK

Booked a refundable rental car only to have them tell me is non-refundable. Now where did it say at time of booking that any thing was non-refundable.....nowhere!( I never would have booked otherwise) due to the uncertainty of the Covid outbreaks. I went on line to cancel and there was no option or no way to cancel. Tried calling and stayed on the line for close to 2 hours before I finally hung up. I connected through the chat line and it took 30 minutes for reply. They told me they could not refund because it was not refundable. I told her it did not say that anywhere on my reservation or my confirmation email that the reservation was not refundadable. She tried to blame it on the car company and said it was them that would not refund and it was their policy. I called Thrifty and they said that is not their policy and to contact Priceline and have them call them direct so they could authorize refund. I tried that but they still would not refund my purchase and abruptly ended my chat. Never had this type of experience with any travel site before. Then I looked on Consumer Affairs site and saw the horrible 1 star ratings of everyone who got screwed over by them. How are they even still in Business?!

Kat C Cottage Grove, MN

If I could give negative stars I world. They had the worst reaction to Covid-19 trip cancellations! Three months and still no resolution from our trip we had to cancel in March!! We had to cancel our trip to Mexico that was scheduled for March because of the Covid-19 pandemic. We started calling March 12th, today is June 15th and we still don't have it resolved. I have called no less than 20 times. Each time I am placed on hold, they say the contact the hotel but get transferred around and can't get through. They say they will try them again and email us. They say they email the hotel but don't get a response. But a few days pass as we hear nothing from them. When I ask them to escalate the issue, they say they will and that they'll call back but no-one ever does. I have talked to Supervisors and have gotten no where. All we want is to get at least a partial refund or reschedule. This has been the worst experience! I will never book a trip through Priceline again!

Charles E Rea Goodyear, AZ

I, like many others here, had booked travel through Priceline just priod to the COVID-19 pandemic. Five days after booking, the event I was to attend was cancelled due to the vrus. At the time of the booking, I was aware that it was a non-refundable hotel booking. When I attempted to cantact Priceline, I received a recording saying that due to high volume, they didn't know when I could speak to anyone. So, I then disputed the charge with Capital One, my credit card company. They attempted to resolve with Priceline with no results. I then contacted Priceline again, explained the issue and basically was told "too bad, it's policy". It seems like any reputable company would have made an exception in this, and the other cases mentioned here. I am certain, judging from the other reviews on this site, that Priceline will loose a significant number of customers. This includes me and anyone else I can convince to not EVER use Priceline!

Shane Madaras Kent, WA

I tried to postpone my car rental due to the covid shut down and was told "no changes cancellation or refunds". My trip was booked back in January for May 16th and New York is shut down until the 15th. The Canadian border closure was just extended which means my trip is put on hold. I tried to just get a credit, not a refund and was shot down twice stating some fine print in the agreement I signed when I paid said No refunds. I find it very shady that a credit at a minimum is not allowed during this Crisis/ lockdown when almost every business is offering at least a credit for future use. I couldn't even access the additional insurance page to add protection to try and cover the purchase. This is not the first time Priceline has giving me this "READ THE FINE PRINT” B.S cop out. But it will be the last.

Apopka, Fl family

Excellent, have used Priceline for many hotels while traveling all over the country. The prices paid for rooms have saved us a good deal of money. At one hotel we were not happy with the hotel managements attitude at checkin and after a call to Priceline we were immediately credited for the stay and selected another hotel.

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

I book my hotels occasionally through Priceline. I feel every time that I use this travel site service that it is simple & quick to use. I like being able to compare rates to the other hotels in the places I'm looking to stay. Priceline does a great job with offering me the best rates for quality hotels.

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I have booked a couple of hotels using the Priceline Express Deals and they have been the best deals by far. Their website is very easy to use and you can bundle when you travel. I always come here when i need a good deal for a hotel.

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

Perhaps it's my love of the terrible Shatner commercials, but I have used Priceline on several occasions while planning a trip. I've only ever had positive experiences and usually find their prices are reasonable and comparable to other sites.

Stephanie Love Herriman, UT

I have booked a few tickets through Priceline. It pulls up the best deals and gives you several different options and dates. It’s nice because it does all the comparing for you in one spot and you get to choose the best deal for you.

ave Pleasant Grove, UT

Such a great website to use when purchasing flights, hotels and rental cars. They offer some really good deals on their express deals if you don't mind not knowing beforehand the flight or the place you will be staying. It has saved us hundreds of dollars. They also are very helpful and have great customer service.

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

I am a fan of Priceline! I have two daughters that play volleyball collegiately and we travel sometimes last minute to go watch them play. I love Priceline because I can name my own price and find some great deals on flights as well as hotels!