Priceline Logo

6.6

LAST UPDATED: October 20th, 2021

Founded in 1997, Priceline is a travel site that helps consumers find and book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company has several other brands and subsidiaries under its umbrella in order to help customers receive the best deals on travel accommodations.

Keep reading for details about Priceline, plus read Priceline reviews from real customers.

Airbnb Logo
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
Expedia Logo
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• Family of Brands
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Navigation
  • Hotel Guidebook

Family of Brands

For over 20 years, Priceline has cultivated and evolved its travel booking service to keep travelers coming back as often as possible. The company's family of brands includes Booking.com, Kayak, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, just to name a few. As part of The Priceline Group, Priceline travelers can expect to see results comprised of information from thousands of booking sites.

Travel Accommodations

Priceline seeks to give its customers as much freedom as possible by allowing them to name their preferred price and bid for their trip accommodations. Travelers can book the following through Priceline's platform:

• Hotels
  • Flights
  • Rental cars
  • Vacation packages
  • Cruises

Navigation

Priceline has made it so that its platform is easy to navigate, offers some of the best deals in the industry, and gives travelers the "low down" on each vacation and travel package that is offered on its website. Consumers can search for vacation options by destination or star rating in order to quickly find what they are looking for.

Hotel Guidebook

One of the best services offered by Priceline is its hotel guidebook, which helps travelers understand the features and services that they will receive from each hotel that they are considering.

The Bad

• Pricing Discrepancies
  • Limited Foreign Listings
  • Travel Insurance Concerns

Pricing Discrepancies

There are some discrepancies in terms of pricing that Priceline customers should be aware of. For instance, resort fees are not included in bidding, which means that even if a customer gets a hotel deal on Priceline, they could be subject to additional resort fees of $25 or more. This obscure part of its terms of services could greatly inflate travel prices for customers who purchase a stay at a hotel or resort.

Limited Foreign Listings

For American consumers looking to travel internationally, Priceline is not the optimum first choice due to its limited offerings for out-of-country accommodations. Priceline's foreign vacation deals are limited to the following destinations:

• Puerto Rico
  • The Caribbean
  • The Bahamas
  • Cancun

Travel Insurance Concerns

While Priceline does offer travel protection, there are some concerns about this feature. For example, the company's travel protection coverage is not available outside of the United States. Although Priceline does a nice job of meeting the needs and interests of those traveling within the U.S., the needs and interests of individuals traveling outside of the country are not covered. Travelers should also be aware that Priceline's travel protection does not cover voluntary trip changes or cancellations.

The Bottom Line

Priceline offers booking for several travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles. The company also provides effective navigation and a hotel guidebook to help customers quickly find exactly what they are looking for.

However, Priceline's foreign listings are limited and its travel insurance is not available outside of the United States. Additionally, consumers should be aware that they may be subject to additional resort fees not included in their initial bid.

View Best Travel Sites

1.8

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

K L Queens, NY

Worst company to deal with. My family and friends have booked 2 rooms with priceline 1 month ahead of time for our Columbus Day weekend trip. We got to the hotel and they told us only 1 room was reserved. We called Priceline and they said just cancel the reservation and we will look for a 2 room around the area for you so you can stay tonight. We were on the phone with Priceline for 3 hours and they switched me from customer service to sales and back to customer service and sales and customer service and manager. At the end all they can do is refund me and THAT IS IT. They said they will open up a case and call me back. It has been 5 days and no phone call.. NEVER EVER.. I MEAN IT NEVER EVER book anything from them cause your hotel room or anything you reserve will not be there and that will ruin your trip.

LeAnn Baytown, TX

My family went on a driving vacation where we traveled from Houston to Los Angeles to Grand Canyon to Las Vegas and back to houston. I used Priceline to book every room using the name your own price feature. We got great deals. Stayed in very nice hotels too. And it was fun not having every detail lined out before we left.

Anna Hoover Richmond, IN

They have taken money from me by charging two times for services including rental car and hotel. Their answer to helping a customer is to hang up. The people employed by them at a foreign call center can do nothing to help if anything goes wrong. My flight was behind (those things happen). They charged me for a five day car rental and five day hotel stay when a full day was not used due to the flight delay and then the rental car company said their reservation was no good because my flight delay and I had to pay again with no price concession and their customer service does not negotiate for you. My trip was awful and I was the only one to stay in the airport that night because everyone else had a travel service that could get their car and I did not. They will not break anything out of a package. Just don’t do it. Hotels can be obtained as cheaply booking direct and so can flights and car rental. It is not easier or cheaper to use this service. Just don’t do it.

Aubrey Brewerton, NY

I booked and paid in advance for a package to Aruba that included a rental car but when I arrived in Aruba the rental car company did not have a car for me because they overbooked so I was forced to find a car with another company and pay them in cash. I notified Priceline.com immediately and requested a refund for the car rental portion of my package as it was not provided. Three weeks, and many hours of speaking with customer services agents and supervisors I have been run around, told multiple things and out and out was lied to. They never called the original rental car company, but I did and the told me Priceline didn’t reach out. I deserve my refund and I’m have not gotten it. Priceline SUCKS!!!!! I have filed with the BBB and NYS Attorney General. They shouldn’t be allowed to do this to people!!!! NEVER USE PRICELINE!!!!

Brenda Davis Lincolnton, GA

I booked 2 rooms for 2 traveling gentleman. Was told by Priceline agent that rooms could be canceled with no charge. These gentlemen had plane trouble and had to cancel the rooms. I had held the rooms with my personal debit card I was charged a cancelation fee that was double the cost of each room.

Schiller Kids Grovetown, GA

I booked a trip to Charlotte through them for my anniversary. I got to the airport to find the tickets weren't valid. Couldn't get to Charlotte but they are still trying to charge for the room. I wouldn't book through them ever again. Customer service sucks.

Amber Bramer Stoney Creek, ON

Horrible! Priceline finance department just hung up on me! Horrible customer service. There system wouldn’t accept my credit card so I had to use another one with knowing I’d be able to switch my credit card for my booking and they wouldn’t let me! No where in their policy does it say I can’t change my credit card.

Mahdi Fathizadeh Orlando, FL

I booked a car for airport, but they gave me a car 7 miles far from Airport. I called them and was on the call for 2 hrs, the manager said that is what it is. I'll dispute the charge for sure. Priceline.com is a scam, be careful when you use it.

John Smyth Haverhill, MA

I am extremely disappointed with Priceline. Book a trip from BOS to Rome, Italy on June 14th, 2021. Found out the day before my flight was suppose to leave (September 25th, 2021) that my family did not have flights secured for my trip. Don't worry, they did issue me a refund. I just finished up booking my new flight through Expedia. Unfortunately, because Priceline did not give us enough notice that our flight was cancelled, we have to pay top dollar for a flight. I will never use Priceline again!!!!

E W. Houston, TX

Pricebreakers offers - new service - rip-off. Charged 30% tax rate on a room in a state that has a 6.5% tax rate for hotel rooms. Plan to share with the state taxation department as well as Better Business Bureau. Contacted CS and asked for an explanation and a refund for over-charge. No help, no answers, no explanation - told me I was 'stuck' with the deal as charged to my card. Never, ever, ever, ever, ever again will I use Priceline.com.

Deanna Campbell Fort Worth, TX

If you are considering doing business with Priceline.. save yourself the heat and just pay the extra few dollars and go with a reputable company… here is my story thus far.. I am approximately 41 days or 6 weeks in with NO resolution… This is my 12th call since August 3, 2021 and each time I am told something different. I had a rental car that literally broke down on me and I received a replacement vehicle that I could NOT drive bc the registration was expired. I was stopped by the police and advised that I should not continue to drive this car. I complained to Thrifty only to be told I MUST report this to Priceline for resolution. I began contacting Priceline on August 3, 2021 and have continuously been given the “runaround” Ever since. Every call has ended with“ I will email…. Dept and they will FollowUp with you directly.. only that the FollowUp has NEVER happened … I have documented my last 3 phone calls. 09/09/21 Priceline Sr Customer Relations Rep Cris - advised he will escalate to “Priceline operations team bc Thrifty was paid using Priceline voucher and he is unsure what is meant by previous representatives note “Thrifty will refund customer directly” 09/13/21 - Marco Priceline no option for Priceline to process a refund.. can only email Thrifty but Priceline canNOT process a refund. Marco was also very rushed and rude. Customer disconnected call.. Called back for 3rd time on 09/13/21 - spoke Terri - advised she sees the notes but I need to speak with Customer Relations directly bc she is unable to see emails.. transferred me to Ron - Sr. Agent - still waiting

Jesse Hunting Philadelphia, PA

Priceline employs deceptive marketing intended to con people out of their money. I made the mistake of making an express purchase on priceline.com for a car rental and needed to change my reservation. When I called to change the reservation I was informed that my reservation could not be changed because I made an express purchase. To all those looking for a good deal, look elsewhere and pay a few extra dollars for a reservation you can change. I also made the mistake of pre-paying for the reservation, so I could not put a freeze on my CC to prevent the transaction from being completed. Buyer beware with this company!

Jackie Ludington, MI

DO NOT USE EXPRESS DEAL!!! it's a lie! You WILL BE charged the same price that's already listed on their site. Express Deal = Priceline chooses the hotel for you, you have NO idea what hotel you will get. You are led to believe that it's going to be a better deal than what is on their website. SURPRISE!!! IT IS NOT!!! I booked a hotel 2+ weeks ahead of time by using Express Deal. I chose the shaded area on the Priceline map. Once I clicked accept, it gave me a hotel out of the shaded area about 10 miles south west. Not where I wanted to stay and it was a 2 star hotel! Also, the cost of the hotel in the "Express Deal" was the SAME EXACT PRICE on their website! I called customer service 5 times total. 2 times on the same night of reservation and 3 times the day prior to checking in, because I was advised to call 24 hours prior to check in, by the representative that I spoke to the first time. Customer service NEVER helped me. In fact the last one I spoke to said that it looked like the prior representative had said I wanted to cancel my reservation! At NO TIME did I say I wanted to cancel my reservation. All I said was, I wanted a discount because of their website be misleading. Bottom line: it wasn't an Express Deal at all! DO NOT USE EXPRESS DEAL!!!

Roman Balanzov Richmond Hill, ON

If something goes wrong, get ready for an unpleasant ride. I booked travel to Mexico including car rental. The plane was delayed and when I came to the car rental facility, they released the car I booked and only one available was at an upgraded cost. Calling to Priceline for help is pathetic, their lines are busy, if they do pick up, they give you another number to call, this other number says they can't help and then you spend hours, already tired. I chose an upgrade car since I did not have all day to deal with Priceline not coming through for me and decided to call back the next day to see if I can downgrade at the next available date. They sent me through loops again only to tell me it was my fault for upgrading and that I have to deal with this myself. Honestly, the customer service is absolute crap, and I will pay premium for peace of mind next time. Will never book Priceline again

Hendra Thornhill, ON

I have always booked my vacations with priceline.com for the last 20 years it had been great, but when there is an issue like last week, in the reservation it said this particular best western hotel is pet friendly but the hotel itself said no pet allowed, so basically there is misinformation between hotel and priceline.com so the hotel rejected my stay and I had to scramble find a hotel at 11:00 pm because of their mistake, I called customer service a few times they not responsible of this error of their website. unbelievable, so next time you book with priceline.com you will never know your confirmed reservation will turn to not accepted by the hotel. Goodluck trusting this company and his reservation, as for me i will never book with this unresponsible company anymore for my entire life.

P.S. Laurel, MD

I wish I had read the reviews before booking! I did research on rates on a hotel I wanted to stay at in Nashville and finally booked through Priceline, however, I realized that I booked the wrong location so I cancelled (thankfully was not charged) and rebooked the correct location. I fell for the little window that flashes (call us to get a lower rate) so I called and got a lower rate, HOWEVER, when I got my invoice from the hotel, it didn't match the invoice from Priceline. I called Priceline, the customer service rep didn't know how to answer the question about the difference in price so she put me on hold, and finally came back to say that the difference was the PROFIT MARGIN! Seriously?! ~$80 profit margin on a 4 night stay at the Holiday Inn Express?! Never booking with Priceline again!

Jey Markham, ON

Do not be fooled by the lower price scam – Total fraud!- Priceline or Price-Lie Priceline trip #: 419738706, 419738710 Hotel: Quality Inn. 3825 Boulevard Wilfrid-Hamel Quebec City QC G1P 2J4,canada Booked for Saturday, August 21 2021. Booked 2 rooms I booked 2 rooms with via Priceline Trip for August 21st for 142.92/ night which seemed to be a great offer given the price ranges I came across while searching. Arrived at the Quality Inn hotel as planned only to hear that my name did not appear anywhere in their system or records. The staff from quality Inn did not look surprised at all, their reaction was very strange, they just took the time to advise us that Priceline had been cheating and ordering on their behalf without notifying them..and that the only option was for us to re-book with them Of course the price per night had now doubled and only for 2 adults/ room (instead of 3 which is what I had paid for initially ) and so I decided to inquire directly with Priceline. The conversation with the staff at Priceline was a complete nonsense. It was ridiculously obvious that they were trying to fool me around by transferring the calls and excuses to one another only to let me know that my booking could not be accepted by the hotel because there were no more availability. This was also a lie since I was there and could still see some customers walk in and book directly at the hotel. Priceline ended up saying that my booking had been cancelled but they actually cancelled it while I was on the phone with them live and not prior to that... When I asked who and why it was cancelled they were unable to respond. They said no information in regards to that was recorded in the system.. This is probably the only company who cancels booking without any feedback or records of their employees or customer consent... To date I am still waiting on my refund and had to re-book 2 rooms which I did but in another hotel as I could seriously sense the drama and game play between Holiday Inn and Priceline with the ultimate goal to make me book full price with them since I was running out of time. Please do not be fooled. Priceline is using people’s vulnerability and personal situations ( long drive fatigue, family with kids, no time to wait) to cheat on customers and put them on the spot with no other choice than ending up paying full price ( money that was initially reserved for the following activities planned during vacation)... My vacation plan is already spoiled at this point. If you have also been faced with this issue and been cheated, please comment and reply so we can bring awareness and stop this fraud from happening so openly. I will never book again with Priceline and don’t recommend anyone to do so either.

Alaena Coon Ellicott City, MD

Absolutely awful, I contacted them about an issue with bed bugs and while I have proof of the location having bed bugs+ the bites I had and things I and other occupants in my party had to throw out or pay to get properly cleaned they refused to provide me with any form of refund or compensation.

Gayle McKee

I booked a hotel and within 24 hours I found out I couldn't go...it was actually within 12 hours. I couldn't get a release from my doctor to travel. I had a note from my doctor stating my travel was being cancelled due to medical reasons and Priceline was NOT WILLING to work with me AT ALL. Will never use them again! Much better luck with Hotels.com, Air BNB, VRBO, Expedia, Kayak, etc.....

Rae Georgetown, KY

Lied about place we were booked Uncaring customer service We were booked at a motel where all you saw was prostitution all night long and drug transactions like it was nothing! AND to make it worse, we were really 4 hours more away from the ocean that I was told we had a view of. Whole point of trip, just destroyed and I refused to allow my children to stay in such a filthy hotel.

Nancy Swanson Harper, TX

Terrible customer service. Booked a room for a medical procedure stay, then had to cancel it. Their cancellation policy stated that I would pay a one night cancellation fee if I cancelled “within one day out” which I took to be within 24 hours of check in. I cancelled 26 hours out and was charged one nights fee. The customer service lady was useless

MATTY B Minneapolis, MN

The "Pricebreakers" deals are so deceptive. They quote a rock bottom price and then hit you with the "Additional Mandatory Fee." I was trying to book 2 nights in San Francisco. I was quoted $165/night. At the payment screen there is an additional $78 in "taxes and fees" mind you that the hotel tax in SF is only 15%. Then inconspicuously at the bottom, the Additional Mandatory Fee was $544!! That brought the total to $962 when the quote was for $164/night. I'm trying to book a hotel in downtown SF not an all inclusive resort. Complete scam.

Sarah Todd Dallas, TX

So we booked a room in a hotel that was supposedly in Kearny, Nebraska. It was an express deal and it didn't give me an address until it was booked. They booked us a room in Brush, Colorado. Which is six hours away as we had already left Colorado. They refunded us the money except for that now we have no money for a different hotel because apparently it will not be there for a few days. We live in Minnesota. It is a very long drive and they won't even help us out by putting us in a different hotel even though it is their fault for having the hotel set in a city it wasn't even in. We will never use them ever again, as they obviously freaking don't know how to help out someone who has no money for another hotel room. Thanks a lot for a whole lot of nothing.

Sandy B Buena Vista, CO

PSA: Do not ever use Priceline to make your flight reservations. They are a scam. I made reservations that were suited my needs. I had a lay over of 1.5 hours at JFK. JFK is bad enough as a lay over but 1.5 hours was do-able. After my deadline to cancel my flights ended, Priceline changed my flights, although I later learned those flights are still available, to a lay over of 4+ hours at JFK. I can not speak to a Priceline representative as they claim I am not within 2 weeks of my departure date. And if I try to reschedule to my original flights, I will be charged $200/ticket to change my flights. What a frickin scam. Please pass on to your friends. Priceline are thieves, liars and abusers to the flying public. Please do not use them.

Sumi Don Silver Spring, MD

Worst Experience with Car Rental: We finally planned a vacation after two years and decided to rent a car. My fiancé has used Priceline on several occasions and never had an issue. He selected BWI as the car rental pickup and it gave him options for DULLES airport which is over an hour away from us. Because he's used Priceline before, he rushed through the process assuming that if he chose BWI, the site would ONLY POPULATE OPTIONS FOR BWI. We drove to BWI to pick up the car (which we rented probably 2 hrs prior) and realized our mistake. The customer service agents basically gave us no solution. To say i'm frustrated is an understatement. I could understand if we booked a week ago, but it's literally been TWO hours and now, not only are we significantly inconvenienced, but we lost a full day (by the time we got to Dulles, the rental place was closed) and have to postpone our drive. I look forward to never working with Priceline again--for anything.

andy gardner New York, NY

customer service is absolute trash. i tried changing my return date and received no help. all i got was the runaround. one rep tells me a seat is available, but says they need to request a price and me call back. when they call back they tell me the seat is taken. we try another date/time, they say they have a seat a available but just need to confirm the price, they'll call me and tell me THAT seat is taken too. and keep in mind they dont call you back in 5 minutes, they call you back after hours of waiting. and anytime you call them, the wait is more than 2 hours, in which they place you on a call back list. basically this entire process could take days, especially if every time they request a quote and call you back, the seat is taken. when they called me back the next day (YES THE NEXT DAY), they told me the seat was taken AGAIN and they need to check another date and get another quote. I hate them, everyone needs to be fired. and they need to learn better customer service. AND even though the seat wasn't available, i was still charged and i still didn't get my return date changed. And i'm still waiting for them to reverse the charge. PRICELINE SUCKS! AVOID AT ALL COST!

Les Luck Danville, VA

I search for a hotel in Concord NC for the dates of August the 7th and August 8th through Priceline.I am very aware of how to do this because I have been dealing with Priceline since 2014.Hilton popped up with an incredible deal for 63 dollars an night,but with fees and taxes it would be 84 dollars.It read book now for a standard room,so I did.After booking a confirmation came up confirming my reservation for August 12 ,the wrong date.I contacted Priceline right away only to be told my refund was nonrefundable and the dates could not be modified due to the hotel policy.They contacted the hotel anyway after placing me on hold for what seem like an hour only to tell me that the hotel would not give them authorization to change dates or cancel the date.I then contacted Hilton myself and they said that it wasn't them and that it was Priceline that would not do it.I contacted Priceline again,had them put me on three way with the hotel,by then the lady at the hotel was angry and spoke very rudely to me but did explain that Priceline had to do it,while the agent from Priceline was on the phone and again Priceline refused to do it.I then hung up and decided to look back at my search history on my phone from search engine and it took me back where I had previously search and that's when I realize that I did not make this error because my search date on the calendar read August 7th to August 8th.I then contacted Priceline once again explaining this,but once again got nowhere.I even requested to speak with a supervisor,once again got no where.So basically they are stealing 84 dollars from me because there is no possible way I can go to a hotel in the mid week, because of work and school.I feel cheated, scammed and dispointed by a company I gave my business to since 2014.I will never trust Priceline again,please be very careful with this company,I reported them to the BBB,and in doing so,I see where they have nearly 5000 complaints against them.This company should be shut down.They are taking advantage of hard working people and under the pretense of thinking they are helping one find a discount hotel but could care less about a error made on their part as long as they have your money and your credit card information.I am going to attach a copy of my search where it shows the dates I search for the hotel in Concord NC.

Sambosky Clarkston, WA

At this point almost nothings. The person making the reservation was nice but the reservation was one of the worst dirty hotels I have stayed in. First they charged $401.98 for two nights. Nasty entrance was probably not cleaned in Months, landcaped probably never was touched, Hallway carpet was so dirty you could not clean it and should have been replaced. The workers were nice but they could not do much with this slum like hotel. Priceline built it up and said they gave onstar a discout. As usual, the price was the same if I had just walked in. If I did that I would have walked out. Neverwill I use priceline again.

Sharon Shaheed Altadena, CA

This company is out for your money ! Never will I go Priceline. I booked a round trip flight to Grand Rapid, MI online going business class for 2 adults. Confirmed the flight and seating paid for the flight then 2-days before the flight leaves, I see that they have given me for the first half of the flight business class seating and for the change of flight economy class seating. This seat arrangement was for round trip flights. Who in their right mind would pay for a higher price ticket to get business/economy. When calling in to complain to get this problem resolved, it was a joke!! All the representative said that they were sorry but... it could not be changed. I am not one to ever complain but I am so...angry at Priceline scandalous business ethics that I had to write a review. I will never do business with them again and I hope you do not either.

Kate McIlraith Vancouver, WA

I booked a trip to Minneapolis on Priceline that included plane tickets and a car rental (Budget). I was traveling with two young children who would need 5-point harness car seats. After booking, I tried contacting both Priceline and Budget to add the car seats to my car rental, assuming that this would be easy to do. Priceline insisted they couldn't do it, and Budget insisted they couldn't do it. Both companies told me to contact the other. When I tried to speak to a manager or "senior agent" at Priceline for assistance, I was on hold for a very long time and eventually my call was dropped. They were completely unhelpful. Additionally, I found their app to be glitchy even for the most basic tasks. I will NEVER book at trip through Priceline again.

soporia moment Tallahassee, FL

When I usually need to book a fight to take a trip I use Priceline and for a round trip the prices are very reasonable. Also, if you want you can rent out a car so when you get off the plane you able to have one

shannon thomas Pompano Beach, FL

They do not honor the best price guarantee even when you have proof in writing that everything is identical and they try to play on words

Shauna Holley Palm Desert, CA

I've always loved booking hotels, flights and rental cars through Priceline. However, on car rentals in Salt Lake City, they have a ton of affordable rental car deals with Fox Rent A Car. This is the absolute worst place I've ever rented vehicles from and am disappointed Priceline has partnered with them. Filthy vehicles, shady billing, horrible customer support and simply the worst experience ever. You can do better than that Priceline - stay with firms with integrity and pride and far away from Fox Rent A Car.

Sami Charlottesville, VA

Dishonest service and price gouging when we needed to change or cancel flight. Walked away from what we paid and bought a new ticket from another company.

Stacie Sterling IA

If I could give zero stars I would. Showed up for our early reservation for them to tell us they had no rooms at the time. When we tried to cancel they charged us the price of the room as a cancelation fee.

j t Troy, MI

Rented car on Monday to attend wedding on following weekend, Wedding is cancelled because bride has COVID. Will not refund my $500, or let me use as credit for future booking. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!! - eventually, you will get ripped off - I'm out $500 and received nothing in return - blatant corporate mugging!

Holy is His name. Ellicott City, MD

The itinerary I find on Priceline website was $358.98 after waiting for three hours someone called me back and asked me to paid $256.09 more for fees. I am so upset and disappointed. I believe this is a scam. My fly reference is 5719700653. And the guy called me back 08/25/2021 at 11:52 pm for 28 minutes. It’s so sad 😞 and it’s not fair.

Moe. Sh. Galax, VA

I will never use Priceline again. I booked a car from ACE through Priceline, I was charged immediately from Priceline once booked then again from ACE when picked the car. For a month now been calling Priceline to solve this issue and ACE as well, still no resolution. Priceline agents are very unknowledgeable and rude. Again save yourself the headache and the money, Don't use Priceline ever.

Shane Smith North Las Vegas, NV

Priceline does not stand behind it's bookings. They have No customer service. Nothing but runarounds. DON'T USE THEM. I am sorry I have money tied up with them. If you go on their chat their customer agents just tell you to contact the airline, or hotel where your reservation is supposed to be. They stole my money, and gave me nothing for it. Worse travel experience of my life.

Zx14r Rider Colorado Springs, CO

I booked Hampton Inn &Suites Colorado Springs August 16-19th 2021 through Priceline as for $206/night. Checked my bank account and was charged $944. The email that was sent had a $290 added fee for “Tax Recovery Charges and Service Fees.” This is NOT a $314/night hotel. Spent 3 hours total on the phone with “agents” who were working from home and kept repeating the same phrases. I waited for a supervisor, but the agents kept hanging up. Total scam. Reading the reviews for Priceline/Agoda, they are making millions doing this. I will now stay in Marriott only and pay extra for booking directly

Rod McInnis Kent, WA

Worst ever..... Totally all about them and how they can chisel you out of your money!! Have a reservation a month ahead and wanted to get the better rate they posted currently. The rate was over $ 240 cheaper than when I booked for the same car.. I didn't try to cancel but just wanted the better rate. Screw you is their policy! Never ever will I go though this company again.. Do not use this money grubbing company.. They need to experience this for themselves to appreciate just how P.O.ed I am. Customer service at it's worst!!!

Randy Myers Lake Stevens, WA

Priceline is one of the worst travel sites in the industry. If you do plan to use them, which I will never do again, Do NOT pay for your trip in advance, always do the pay later option. They are 100% inflexible and will not refund, change or modify so you better hope nothing changes with your plans. Their customer service reps do nothing but cite policy and refuse your request. Every travel site in the industry has cancellation options and provides a relatively painless "out" if you need it. Not Priceline, they will keep your money. Wretched company.

Adam Bebenek Algonquin, IL

Very disappointed, when you check in they charge a $100 damage deposit and they refound it up to 10 days, they hiding this information on Priceline and their website, stay away from this hotel, I try to cancel this reservation but the front desk tells me I can not cancel you need to contact Priceline, very disappointed, Extended Stay America Suites - Chicago - Elgin - West Dundee

Chad Lethwaite Denver, CO

Total scam, they sell u airfare at a reasonable price I was quoted $782.58, even got an email confirmation with that total, they charged my credit card $1051.46. Was on the phone for 45 minutes and when I asked to talk to a supervisor the hold was 9 hours and 40 minutes. Save yourself time and money and book your travel with someone else or be prepared to pay more than you’re expecting.

chris cruz Denver, CO

Do not book through pricline.com . I had payed for a hotel on there site at 62.50 per night, with there taxes and fees it came out to 744.00 for 9 nights. Upon check out I got my printed receipt and it showed daily rate 58.90 per night totaling 530.00 I contacted pricline and the rep stated that its hotel taxes. I told him about the receipt and then he went to state that its pricline profits. So how is it they try to get you best rates but charge more than the hotel. Anyhow they are not refunded the difference.

Don Mesibov Potsdam, NY

Buyer Beware, I wasn't: When I went to the Priceline site and looked at possible flights, it was made clear that I could cancel within 24 hours. After selecting my flight, I was asked if I wanted to book a rental car. I did. Then I was asked if I wanted insurance. I said "Yes." Later today I found a better flight, on Priceline and tried to cancel the first. I was told that only the flight cost could be refunded. I was still on the hook for $400 on a $1200 total purchase. Apparently in the fine print it indicates that the rental car fee is non-refundable. Maybe it's my disability, but when I saw the larege print at the beginning that the trip was refundable, if canceled within 24 hours, I assumed that appied when Priceline then asked me if I wanted to save money by renting a car and then if I wanted protection by taking insurance. The disclaimer about the rental car was among 14 bulleted items on a list I received on the last page of the multiple page confirmation they sent AFTER I had made the purchase. In my case the reason for the attempted cancellation was because I had reserved an alternate flight, with rental car, on Priceline, thinking I could get a full refund on the first flight since I was cancelling within 24 hours. However, if you reserve a flight with Priceline and accept their offer to add a rental car, what I want the public to know, so that others are not fooled as I was, is this: If you have to cancel your trip, whether due to illness, death of a companion or any other reason, you will not get a refund on the rental car or insurance fee. This can be a substantial part of the cost of your trip. What Priceline did to us may not be illegal. It is certainly deceitful.

ami denman New York, NY

I booked a reservation at the Midtown convention center hotel in NYC on Priceline for this weekend (had to come into town for a trauma course) The pictures show that clearly this hotel is in disarray and in fact not open. Silly me for just assuming that it would be. I spoke with two Priceline representatives, including a supervisor, who refused to rebook us in another hotel. They said the hotel was closed for Covid and expected to reopen 8/1/21, which is laughable. I explained that a site credit should be provided given the hotel I did rebook is costing 400$ more. I was offered an offensive 5% discount off an Express deal only. Be aware that Priceline does not check the status of the hotels and further investigation may need to take place before assuming the hotel is available. Better yet, avoid Priceline altogether.

April R Houston, TX

I viewed two top notch, newer Cancun resorts on the Priceline website. They were TRS Coral and Atelier Playa Mujeres. Priceline offered a deal that I would get one of three hotels for a great rate. The three hotels in the running were TRS Coral, Atelier Playa Mujeres and Villa del Palmar. The deal stated these were compatible hotels. I took my chances and that was MY WORST booking mistake I’ve made in ages. This was the typical bait and hook. Villa del Palmar is far from a new resort, the accommodations and NOTHING like that of the other two resorts AND Priceline booked us without their all inclusive offer. I tried cancelling to no avail and had to stay at Villa del Palmar AND pay for all meals, etc. I am extremely dissatisfied with this experience. If Priceline is offering booking options similar to Hotwire, it should at least come close with hotel comparables. My fiancé and I travel a lot. Literally booked approx. 4 hotels with Priceline in just this month alone. After this experience, we will be taking our business elsewhere!

arlene cano Weslaco, TX

DO NOT BOOK HERE!!! Our all inclusive was not honored and the rooms originally booked were NOT given to us!!! After paying thousands of dollars for a group of 7, our all inclusive was not honored. the hotel kept stating that Priceline did NOT pay them for our all inclusive package!! The reception staff are horrible and will NOT give you the attention as a paying guests. Their minds are either trained to shut down the guests concerns and situations. Oh, and they go hard on with buying timeshare/residential property, as they call it. Check in: We arrived at the resort at 5:30pm and was not given a room till 11pm, mind you they gave us a room that was already occupied and my children walked in a naked handicapped lady. My children and the lady were terrified. Not a single apology for that mistake. They charged us an $500 CASH deposit when we had already paid for the resort fee at the time of booking. The next day we had to repack our luggage and move to other rooms but they had given us rooms that belonged to a time share guest, so there goes our group of 7 moving again causing us to miss our scheduled activity. Our rooms did not get serviced with towels nor toilet paper. Check out: A day before leaving, went to do the pre-check out to avoid any additional charges because our return shuttle to the airport would be there for us at 7am. When we get to the lobby there was already a line of 15 guests with complaints and concerns. One guest was there to complain that she had $1,500. USD missing from her room, another group of 18 were upset because their COVID test results were not ready when promised and it caused a member of that group to hyperventilate and faint in front of the whole lobby and the manager at the moment asked everyone to settle down and that she was going to call the police instead of an ambulance for the gentleman. Horrible experience!! So, finally after an 1 1/2 hr we get the checkout statement for review, well they had added all these charges out of no where. We had charges for meals that we had paid cash for, charges for drinks that we didn't even drink from the refrigerator, charges for room service that we never called for, and the list goes on and on!!!.. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!

Sevde Stanford, CA

Book with Priceline and get kicked out of the hotel room you fully paid for: my experience with this booking company in a sentence. The worst booking service ever -- zero accountability, unprofessional and unhelpful customer service (literally hung up on me after not resolving my problem), overall a huge scam. I had booked and paid for a room in Los Angeles for a long weekend through Priceline. After I checked into my room and unpacked, the hotel manager came knocking on my door and told me that Priceline hadn't paid the hotel and that I had to either pay him immediately or I would need to vacate the room. The first thing I did was to contact Priceline customer service in every way I could: phone (got put on a call-back wait for 46 minutes), text (no response), and online chat (once again, no response). The manager came back 30 minutes later and told me I had to vacate immediately. Despite me telling him that I was waiting for Priceline to get back to me and showing him the credit charge for the full price by Priceline, he kept yelling at me and insisted that I had to leave without delay. I packed everything back and vacated the room, only for the manager to yell at me more, telling me I wasn't going to be able to find a new place for the night: yes, I was homeless on the streets at an incredibly booked and busy weekend in LA, with nowhere to sleep at night. All the hotels that had rooms open were incredibly overpriced -- almost triple the price I had paid for for my current room which I had gotten kicked out of. Finally, Priceline called me back, took zero responsibility for this mess, and said they could do me a favor by processing the refund for a room that was "not refundable." I told them I had received zero service, was kicked out of the room I had paid for, had nowhere to go for the night, and the customer service agent essentially hung up on me. A horrible experience that ruined my vacation. I'd highly recommend avoiding Priceline; no amount of "affordability" can make up for such a disaster.