Priceline Logo

6.4

Founded in 1997, Priceline is a travel site that helps consumers find and book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company has several other brands and subsidiaries under its umbrella in order to help customers receive the best deals on travel accommodations.

Keep reading for details about Priceline, plus read Priceline reviews from real customers.

Airbnb Logo
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
Expedia Logo
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.5

The Good

• Family of Brands
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Navigation
  • Hotel Guidebook

Family of Brands

For over 20 years, Priceline has cultivated and evolved its travel booking service to keep travelers coming back as often as possible. The company's family of brands includes Booking.com, Kayak, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, just to name a few. As part of The Priceline Group, Priceline travelers can expect to see results comprised of information from thousands of booking sites.

Travel Accommodations

Priceline seeks to give its customers as much freedom as possible by allowing them to name their preferred price and bid for their trip accommodations. Travelers can book the following through Priceline's platform:

• Hotels
  • Flights
  • Rental cars
  • Vacation packages
  • Cruises

Navigation

Priceline has made it so that its platform is easy to navigate, offers some of the best deals in the industry, and gives travelers the "low down" on each vacation and travel package that is offered on its website. Consumers can search for vacation options by destination or star rating in order to quickly find what they are looking for.

Hotel Guidebook

One of the best services offered by Priceline is its hotel guidebook, which helps travelers understand the features and services that they will receive from each hotel that they are considering.

The Bad

• Pricing Discrepancies
  • Limited Foreign Listings
  • Travel Insurance Concerns

Pricing Discrepancies

There are some discrepancies in terms of pricing that Priceline customers should be aware of. For instance, resort fees are not included in bidding, which means that even if a customer gets a hotel deal on Priceline, they could be subject to additional resort fees of $25 or more. This obscure part of its terms of services could greatly inflate travel prices for customers who purchase a stay at a hotel or resort.

Limited Foreign Listings

For American consumers looking to travel internationally, Priceline is not the optimum first choice due to its limited offerings for out-of-country accommodations. Priceline's foreign vacation deals are limited to the following destinations:

• Puerto Rico
  • The Caribbean
  • The Bahamas
  • Cancun

Travel Insurance Concerns

While Priceline does offer travel protection, there are some concerns about this feature. For example, the company's travel protection coverage is not available outside of the United States. Although Priceline does a nice job of meeting the needs and interests of those traveling within the U.S., the needs and interests of individuals traveling outside of the country are not covered. Travelers should also be aware that Priceline's travel protection does not cover voluntary trip changes or cancellations.

The Bottom Line

Priceline offers booking for several travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles. The company also provides effective navigation and a hotel guidebook to help customers quickly find exactly what they are looking for.

However, Priceline's foreign listings are limited and its travel insurance is not available outside of the United States. Additionally, consumers should be aware that they may be subject to additional resort fees not included in their initial bid.

View Best Travel Sites

2.0

Paul Schenck Citrus Heights, CA

For years now I have had wonderful experiences with Priceline. I don’t know if it’s because I had worked for their spokesman (William Shatner) for years, or that I’ve been extremely lucky. Ive had one time where I paid twice for a room and once where I showed up for a reservation that the hotel had not received, though the hotel staff met the PL rate and PL refunded me promptly at 110 % because of my status as a Gold VIP. I have had some bad hotel experiences and when I’ve contacted PL they called and straightens things out immediately. Even through the pandemic they have made it so I can filter my hotels for Very clean 3 + stars and a rating above 8. Further if I arrive and the room isn’t what I expect I always ask for an upgrade and I pay the difference. Most of the time I get an apology and a huge discount on their best suite (50% or more). Priceline continues to ask what they can do to improve and when I can I let them know. I hope this helps someone else get the great experience I’ve had and though there are many services out there they stick with it until they master the app which can take some time, trial, error and some patience.

chris cruz Denver, CO

Do not book through pricline.com . I had payed for a hotel on there site at 62.50 per night, with there taxes and fees it came out to 744.00 for 9 nights. Upon check out I got my printed receipt and it showed daily rate 58.90 per night totaling 530.00 I contacted pricline and the rep stated that its hotel taxes. I told him about the receipt and then he went to state that its pricline profits. So how is it they try to get you best rates but charge more than the hotel. Anyhow they are not refunded the difference.

Gina Roach Carrollton, TX

During payment processing they tried to change my flight from preferred times to extremely early or late. Spirit was 90% empty and actually showing the discount available. Priceline should have protected our booking. I'm planning international trips this year and next. Was hoping to use them but will not use them in the future. Their customer support took 20 minutes with no results. Goodbye Spirit Airlines and Priceline.

Don Mesibov Potsdam, NY

Buyer Beware, I wasn't: When I went to the Priceline site and looked at possible flights, it was made clear that I could cancel within 24 hours. After selecting my flight, I was asked if I wanted to book a rental car. I did. Then I was asked if I wanted insurance. I said "Yes." Later today I found a better flight, on Priceline and tried to cancel the first. I was told that only the flight cost could be refunded. I was still on the hook for $400 on a $1200 total purchase. Apparently in the fine print it indicates that the rental car fee is non-refundable. Maybe it's my disability, but when I saw the larege print at the beginning that the trip was refundable, if canceled within 24 hours, I assumed that appied when Priceline then asked me if I wanted to save money by renting a car and then if I wanted protection by taking insurance. The disclaimer about the rental car was among 14 bulleted items on a list I received on the last page of the multiple page confirmation they sent AFTER I had made the purchase. In my case the reason for the attempted cancellation was because I had reserved an alternate flight, with rental car, on Priceline, thinking I could get a full refund on the first flight since I was cancelling within 24 hours. However, if you reserve a flight with Priceline and accept their offer to add a rental car, what I want the public to know, so that others are not fooled as I was, is this: If you have to cancel your trip, whether due to illness, death of a companion or any other reason, you will not get a refund on the rental car or insurance fee. This can be a substantial part of the cost of your trip. What Priceline did to us may not be illegal. It is certainly deceitful.

ami denman New York, NY

I booked a reservation at the Midtown convention center hotel in NYC on Priceline for this weekend (had to come into town for a trauma course) The pictures show that clearly this hotel is in disarray and in fact not open. Silly me for just assuming that it would be. I spoke with two Priceline representatives, including a supervisor, who refused to rebook us in another hotel. They said the hotel was closed for Covid and expected to reopen 8/1/21, which is laughable. I explained that a site credit should be provided given the hotel I did rebook is costing 400$ more. I was offered an offensive 5% discount off an Express deal only. Be aware that Priceline does not check the status of the hotels and further investigation may need to take place before assuming the hotel is available. Better yet, avoid Priceline altogether.

April R Houston, TX

I viewed two top notch, newer Cancun resorts on the Priceline website. They were TRS Coral and Atelier Playa Mujeres. Priceline offered a deal that I would get one of three hotels for a great rate. The three hotels in the running were TRS Coral, Atelier Playa Mujeres and Villa del Palmar. The deal stated these were compatible hotels. I took my chances and that was MY WORST booking mistake I’ve made in ages. This was the typical bait and hook. Villa del Palmar is far from a new resort, the accommodations and NOTHING like that of the other two resorts AND Priceline booked us without their all inclusive offer. I tried cancelling to no avail and had to stay at Villa del Palmar AND pay for all meals, etc. I am extremely dissatisfied with this experience. If Priceline is offering booking options similar to Hotwire, it should at least come close with hotel comparables. My fiancé and I travel a lot. Literally booked approx. 4 hotels with Priceline in just this month alone. After this experience, we will be taking our business elsewhere!

arlene cano Weslaco, TX

DO NOT BOOK HERE!!! Our all inclusive was not honored and the rooms originally booked were NOT given to us!!! After paying thousands of dollars for a group of 7, our all inclusive was not honored. the hotel kept stating that Priceline did NOT pay them for our all inclusive package!! The reception staff are horrible and will NOT give you the attention as a paying guests. Their minds are either trained to shut down the guests concerns and situations. Oh, and they go hard on with buying timeshare/residential property, as they call it. Check in: We arrived at the resort at 5:30pm and was not given a room till 11pm, mind you they gave us a room that was already occupied and my children walked in a naked handicapped lady. My children and the lady were terrified. Not a single apology for that mistake. They charged us an $500 CASH deposit when we had already paid for the resort fee at the time of booking. The next day we had to repack our luggage and move to other rooms but they had given us rooms that belonged to a time share guest, so there goes our group of 7 moving again causing us to miss our scheduled activity. Our rooms did not get serviced with towels nor toilet paper. Check out: A day before leaving, went to do the pre-check out to avoid any additional charges because our return shuttle to the airport would be there for us at 7am. When we get to the lobby there was already a line of 15 guests with complaints and concerns. One guest was there to complain that she had $1,500. USD missing from her room, another group of 18 were upset because their COVID test results were not ready when promised and it caused a member of that group to hyperventilate and faint in front of the whole lobby and the manager at the moment asked everyone to settle down and that she was going to call the police instead of an ambulance for the gentleman. Horrible experience!! So, finally after an 1 1/2 hr we get the checkout statement for review, well they had added all these charges out of no where. We had charges for meals that we had paid cash for, charges for drinks that we didn't even drink from the refrigerator, charges for room service that we never called for, and the list goes on and on!!!.. DO NOT BOOK HERE!!!

Sevde Stanford, CA

Book with Priceline and get kicked out of the hotel room you fully paid for: my experience with this booking company in a sentence. The worst booking service ever -- zero accountability, unprofessional and unhelpful customer service (literally hung up on me after not resolving my problem), overall a huge scam. I had booked and paid for a room in Los Angeles for a long weekend through Priceline. After I checked into my room and unpacked, the hotel manager came knocking on my door and told me that Priceline hadn't paid the hotel and that I had to either pay him immediately or I would need to vacate the room. The first thing I did was to contact Priceline customer service in every way I could: phone (got put on a call-back wait for 46 minutes), text (no response), and online chat (once again, no response). The manager came back 30 minutes later and told me I had to vacate immediately. Despite me telling him that I was waiting for Priceline to get back to me and showing him the credit charge for the full price by Priceline, he kept yelling at me and insisted that I had to leave without delay. I packed everything back and vacated the room, only for the manager to yell at me more, telling me I wasn't going to be able to find a new place for the night: yes, I was homeless on the streets at an incredibly booked and busy weekend in LA, with nowhere to sleep at night. All the hotels that had rooms open were incredibly overpriced -- almost triple the price I had paid for for my current room which I had gotten kicked out of. Finally, Priceline called me back, took zero responsibility for this mess, and said they could do me a favor by processing the refund for a room that was "not refundable." I told them I had received zero service, was kicked out of the room I had paid for, had nowhere to go for the night, and the customer service agent essentially hung up on me. A horrible experience that ruined my vacation. I'd highly recommend avoiding Priceline; no amount of "affordability" can make up for such a disaster.

Shauna Holley Palm Desert, CA

I've always loved booking hotels, flights and rental cars through Priceline. However, on car rentals in Salt Lake City, they have a ton of affordable rental car deals with Fox Rent A Car. This is the absolute worst place I've ever rented vehicles from and am disappointed Priceline has partnered with them. Filthy vehicles, shady billing, horrible customer support and simply the worst experience ever. You can do better than that Priceline - stay with firms with integrity and pride and far away from Fox Rent A Car.

H C Hollidaysburg, PA

I booked and paid more for a 451 sq foot room. Priceline assured me the room size was 451 sq feet. What i got was 280 sq foot room soaked with dog urine . Ripped off! 20 hours on the phone with Priceline with no resolution. They don't care about the customer like expedia does. They care about getting your money. Don't use them

John Kitchener, ON

No plane tickets and no money Booked a flight and thought everything was good. Noticed after that it was the wrong city and country for my flight. I live in Canada not USA. Priceline gave the run around and said deal with the airline. Airline says deal with Priceline. Wouldn't help in any way possible. When I asked to speak with a supervisor I was told the wait would be 11 to 25 hours to get a call back. I put in a complaint with the airline and have now disputed the charges with my credit card company. I will even go down to see CTV News tomorrow and talk to them about these horrible practices. I will most likely never see my money again! Never use this company ever! I should have trusted those other bad reviews.

KimDugan Kailua, HI

One star is too much. They are literally the most evil travel booking company I have ever booked with and believe me, I have traveled a lot for work and for personal reasons. I have used almost every site you can name. I paid for insurance and it's a "good thing" that I did because I did, indeed, have to cancel my trip. Unfortunately, they will not allow you to use your airline credit yourself. You have to ask a booking agent to do it for you over the phone. Even though there were flights online all over the place for $500, they told me what I wanted to apply my credit to would cost $1300. The total would come out to over $1,000 because there was an over-the-phone booking fee. I did not want to purchase the flight but they already had my card on file and BOOKED IT. I had to freeze my card and have the charge denied through my bank. BUT WAIT. THERE'S MORE! I called on three separate days and their customer service line will schedule you for a callback. They called back at 3 AM even though they said that they would call around 4:30 PM. The call center people barely spoke English and the first two times, their system was "down" and they transferred me to another line that disconnected me after 2 hours on hold. Ultimately, it was cheaper to not even use my airline credit and pay out-of-pocket. I will clearly never book through them again and neither should you. Granted, there are people who have had good experiences with them, and this could be a regional luck-of-the-draw as a result of where they bounce your calls for customer service. Regardless, their policy of making you utilize a booking agent for your credit is transparently a ploy to keep you from actually saving money because they pull the most costly flights and try to charge you for them. IF you use them, don't count on the flight insurance doing anything for you.

Gregory Berwald Los Angeles, CA

Watch out "No Refund Policy" I used the American Express to reserve a room. Priceline sold me a room at Hotel J but after I went to my itenerary I was at Hotel F! A completely different hotel. I canceled or tried to cancel my reservstion imediatly and Im told by Priceline and Amex I can't dispute the charge and will not be receiving a refund. Who is in bed with who...I ask? Amex and Priceline are having a good time I seem to be the loser in this game. I will file my complaint with the FTC, Comptroller and CFPB. final thought as far as I can tell my complaint is going to be with Amex because this is where the buck stops. Protecting the customer is something that used to be a priority.

Peter Gaebler Miami, FL

If you ever need to call into their customer service team, it will be an absolute nightmare. I have been on the phone for the last 2 hours and 15 minutes trying to exchange a ticket from a prior reservation and I have been on hold for probably 2 hours and 5 minutes of that time. This agent has no clue what is going on and it seems that the internet isn't working in the location they are working. I can tell the agent all the information about priceline's flights and prices before they can. I have had to be transferred to multiple departments for the same issue. This is a SIMPLE ticket exchange. It has been one of the most frustrating experiences of my life. Expedia or Travelocity next time!!!!! I have work in like 3 hours.

Kaiser Soze Los Angeles, CA

They definitely have some rip offs waiting for you around the corner I was unable to pick up a rental car due to a credit check so when I told about it they said they can cancel the reservation but with a $50 fee????????For what???? I was only trying to rent a car I understand the company’s policy but that should have been told to me before Priceline opted to give me a company that does that I should have been given the option prior to too many disappointments over the years for me to be a valued customer definitely using another site from now onAnd I will be sure it is not an affiliate of Priceline

Kathleen Hamilton Wayne, MI

Booked a hotel in ludington The rode way inn Priceline wouldn’t show the details of it like the name or pictures so you don’t know what your getting said it was 100.00 a night until I booked it and it went up to 250.00 with taxes trashy hotel hole in the wall toilet didn’t flush and air didn’t work And I told the person working there all he said was thanks I won’t book through Priceline again! You don’t know what your getting!!!!

LarryB Ocean View, DE

I rented a car about 60 days prior to my trip. Paid in full. They placed my reservation with Hertz. I realized after I had paid that it was off site, not at the airport. It save me over $100 so it was still a good deal. I tried to call the pick up location a number of time and was never able to talk to a person. No message directing me to call another number. I finally a few days prior to the trip called another Hertz location in Savanah. They told me the location I rented from was closed . Priceline never should have rented and reserved a car in a closed location. Now 2 days prior to the trip, rental cars are $1500 to $2000 a week. There is a golf tournament in Hilton Head area. Hertz says they can’t find me another car. And refund the $300I paid Priceline. There is no number for Priceline, they direct you to the car rental co they assigned the reservation. Priceline refuses to compensate me for not having a car. That I prepaid in full. They said you got you money back, that all they needed to do. So what I am telling you is Priceline can book you a reservation at a location that is closed. They can take your money for 50 days, never notify you of any issues , leave you without a car and fell they owe you nothing for their mistake. Beware. A contract with Priceline is worthless. You can be left with no reservation,

Gloria Hollidaysburg, PA

Awful experience. I bought an express flight deal that upon checkout was supposed to be $1494 for three RT tickets. My credit card was charged $1710. Called customer service. Said the price they charged me was correct even though I was on the Priceline website and it was still showing $1494. They refused to refund my overcharge or cancel my flight and refund the total amount. Customer support was worthless. Don't be fooled by those "Express deals" it's an absolute ripoff. There is an "Amazing!" button in the corner of this box. It better not show up on my review because Priceline is far from it!

Stillion Da Don New Castle, DE

PRICELINE IS A RIP OFF THEY CHARGE YOU IF YOU MAKE A RESERVATION THRU THEM AND CANCEL IF YOU DONT USE THERE SERVICE WHETHER YOU CANCEL WITH IN 24 HOURS . I MADE A RESERVATION FOR RENTAL CAR AND DID NOT USE MY RESERVATION BECAUSE THE RENTAL COMPANY DID NOT TAKE DEBIT CARDS . SO BECAUSE OF THAT I NEEDED TO CANCEL MY RESERVATION AND WAS TOLD I NEEDED TO DO SO THROUGH PRICELINE WHICH WHEN I CONTACTED THEM THEY SAID I WOULD BE CHARGED A CANCELATION FEE FOR A CAR I DID NOT EVEN RECEIVE. 66 50 WAS DEDUCTED FROM MY 273.74 REFUND WHICH I RECEIVED 207.50 NOT TO MENTION I USED MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT SO ONCE THE PRICELINE IDIOTS STILL PROCESS THE RESERVATION TRACTION PAYPAL PAID THEM AND THEN PAYPAL TURNS AROUND AND TRIES TO PULL THE 273.74 FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT AND MY BANK WOULD NOT LET THEM SO I ENDED UP OWING PAYPAL FOR THEN PAYING PRICELINE. WHICH NOW THE REFUND FOR 207.50 HAS RETURNED TO MY PAYPAL LEAVING A NEGATIVE 66.50 THAT PAYPAL WANTS ME TO PAY BECAUSE PRICELINE RIPS PEOPLE OFF FOR UNKNOWN RESERVATION BULLSHIT FEES! SCAM SCAM SCAM ARTIST!!!

Dina ElGhitany Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

It has been on a steep downward trend with Priceline. I'm leaving this company as I have had tons of glitches and discomforts. I rented a car with them in Costa Rica and I went there and the company said they gave my car to someone else because they offered a higher rate! I complained to Priceline and they said they'd refund the money, but I actually paid double the price because I rented a car on the go after I arrived versus my first choice on Priceline was a relaxed one months before the actual booking. Crickets! Nothing. They replied back to my complaints 5 weeks later saying it was not their problem! They gave me insurance that was actually not accepted by the country. I booked ticket flights for my parents and the airline changed the ticket; Priceline did not even reissue the new ticket until I coincidently tried to upgrade my booking and found out that their tickets needed to be issued. I'm not even mentioning the amount of juggling I go through from calling Priceline and them brushing me off to the airline and the other way around. Responsiveness and communication are zero out of 10. They just try to refer you to someone else, some other company, or anything. That is if they ever reply. Bye-bye for us. I don't need this on the few days of vacation we have.

XXX Buffalo Grove, IL

Sorry to say that but we will never use Priceline again. We have booked a hotel in Chicago a month ago through Priceline and both Priceline and the hotel charged us for the full price. We called Priceline for solution and were told it will be given within 5 business days. No email or call back a week later. Called Priceline twice the next three weeks and got the same answer and no solutions. Had to call hotel / bank to get it resolved. If they'd told us to call hotel and bank to dispute the charge, that would be fine. But what's the wrong with them by telling customers continuously to wait for solution within 5 business days while there's no solution delivered after more than a month?????

lag127 Denver, CO

I booked this trip this morning and my sons discharge plans changed. I tried to cancel so I can book the right dates. I bought trip insurance which i was under the impression that it was trip protection not just flight. Also when booking a hotel it says right on the front page of the hotel free 24 hour cancelation. Now I'm out $85 and $20 for worthless trip insurance. What a scam you are running, allowing the hotel to say free cancelation, and not letting us know that is non-refundable until we purchase it. Also this trip was planned 44 days out so its not like it is tomorrow. Very unsatisfied everyone knows the military's plans change at the drop of a hat. How inconsiderate and unprofessional of Priceline.

C D Rahway, NJ

VERY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND EVEN THE MANAGERS WAS NOT HELPFUL AT ALL! We reached out to Priceline CS because the reservation we made a month ago to RAMADA WEST BALTIMORE, MD was a hoax! We made a reservation for a "Non-Smoking" room and we were so disappointed that after driving for 3-4 hours, the Rude front desk at RAMADA insisted that they only have a "SMOKING ROOM", so whatever happened to our reservation? THE HOTEL WAS EVEN DIRTY, VERY FAR FROM PICTURES ON THEIR WEBSITE! There were 5 of us complaining on that day. We were so tired that we decided to just checked in to another hotel (TRU BY HILTON) which is far way better thatn RAMADA. When we got back in NJ, we called Priceline CS but none of them were able to help us with the FULL REFUND we are requesting. They kept repeating the same lines about policy when we did not sign any disclosure at all and THEY DID NOT DELIVER AT ALL IN GIVING US WHAT WE HAVE RESERVED A MONTH AGO. THE TWO MANAGERS KEPT SAYING THAT THERE'S NOTHING THAT THEY CAN DO. So what happened to our money? Is this how you deliver customer service? PLEASE DO NOT USE PRICELINE ANYMORE BECAUSE THEY ARE EVEN PARTNERED WITH POOR TYPE OF HOTELS PLUS THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE ARE ALL RUDE AND WON"T EVEN HELP YOU AT ALL! THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE VALUE OF RESERVATION AND THE WORD "DELIVERY OF SERVICE". We could have accepted it had they have delivered what we have reserved a month ago but RAMADA did not at all, for them to insists that it's the Hotel's discretion. How could that be when in the first place, what we have reserved was not provided at all. Talk about Policy when you guys are following and delivering the policy yourself. WALK THE TALK, PRICELINE! AND BETTER GET OTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM/PEOPLE BECAUSE THE ONE YOU CURRENTLY HAVE NEEDS RE-TRAINING. THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT AND SUPERVISORS DOESN"T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE COMPLAINTS WITH GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Niamh McGoff Breckenridge, CO

We booked a hotel room but when we arrived all the rooms were taken. There were at least a dozen other people in the same situation. Every hotel, apart from the 5 star most expensive hotel in Salt Lake City was sold out. That was bad enough at 11 at night but the wait time to talk to somebody was over an hour so they disconnected me and said they would call back. They called back an hour later and then hung up on me. I never got a call back. I never got an apology despite several emails. And worst of all they never refunded my money so I had to file a complaint with my credit card company.

Verified Customer West Des Moines, IA

Priceline Pricebreaker tool is a scam and Priceline is no longer a viable option: Priceline is now using a non-cancelable tool called 'Pricebreaker' and packaging one low star hotel between more valuable properties. If you buy, you are booked at the 1 or 2-star, not the 3.5 star plus. I didn't even notice they were packaging properties of such different caliber together until I was booked - and of course, no way to get out of it! Priceline is now part of a huge corp. and has totally changed into a BUYER BEWARE company - no longer a viable option

Steve Zarwell Eden Prairie, MN

Flight was cancelled due to COVID. Was issued credit for over $2000 but can't use online, have to call in. On the phone they're saying I can't use that for the normal rate and even though I can find the exact same flights they insist I have to pay 50-75% more because I'm using my credit. As stated here customer service is horrible. Always get someone in India who can't seem to do anything and just transfers me back into the same 1hr + wait time queue when I ask to speak to someone who can. Once they get your money there is nothing you can do to get it back.

Nazira Aidaralieva Cuyahoga Falls, OH

i wouldnt offer services of this company to people this is a fraud company i reserved car rental through priceline when i came for pick up price for rental of car was way different full price wasnt listed on priceline when i canceled reservation because price was higher priceline refused to pay full refund so keep my story dont get any car rentals or hotel through third party like priceline because u dont know how much exactly you will end up paying

Janelle Leyba Denver, CO

I booked a rental car through Priceline for 3 months out. My husband booked with southwest on his computer in a different room for less money. I called Priceline (not even an hour after booking), they said no changes or cancel, not even in Covid. What in the world? We are stuck in their deal that was NOT a deal!!!! I have NEVER had a company not allow a cancellation within 24 hours of booking. It’s totally illegal. I’m going to file complaints everywhere I can and call and call again!!!! Luckily Southwest is a great company and canceled no problem. It just really upsets me to be stuck with a horrible company that I got suckered into paying. Never use them!!!!!!!

Tany Pacchioni Clayton, NC

DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM THIS PLACE!!! I paid $400 to rent a car for a couple of days, but after driving it for an hour I noticed that there was something wrong with it. The company’s mechanic confirmed that there was a mechanical problem with the car. So I wanted a refund because I had the car with me for only an hour, and they said “NO”! They stole $400 from me, and even refused to give me any store credit. WHY?! I paid $400 to drive a modern car for almost a week, but they gave me a car with issues which I returned within the hour because I just couldn’t drive that trashy car. And they decided to keep all of the money. Even when their own mechanic told them there was an issue with the car. SAVE YOURSELF FROM THESE THIEVES!!! I spent the next month trying to get my money back through the phone, but the customer service was a joke, and they still declined to give me my $400. I would even accept half of the amount, but NOOOOO, 1 hour of driving a messed up car is equivalent to $400. DO NOT GO HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET ROBBED!!!

Alex Duque Los Angeles, CA

This company is a joke good luck trying to get your money back for anything. They booked me a so called 4 star hotel and it was no more than 2.5 i have all the nasty pictures these people are scum

Jonathan Pauda Santaquin, UT

Seriously Priceline just CANCELED MY RESERVATION 20hours before my arrival! They lied and told me my room was not available when I called the hotel they said it is available but they asked Priceline to pay 23.00 more because they undersold the room. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THIS SHOULD BE HANDLED BY PRICELINE NOT THE CUSTOMER!

Corie Grussing Douglas, GA

We had an issue with Mold in the hotel we booked and priceline did absolutely nothing to help. Was on the phone for an hour. They hung up on me, transferred me and still did nothing. Book through Expedia or Directly with hotel. You'll find it cheaper.

Sally Chicago, IL

Online i used them for a rental car. I selected free cancellation. It jumped down the page asking for credit card info to reserve the vehicle. When I received the receipt it indicated I choose non cancellable. I called 3 minutes after error. They wouldn't cancel. VERY fraudulent behavior!

Ed Corbitt Okatie, SC

Beware, the reservation you make with this company is firm. Once you give them your credit card number you cannot change the date of you stay, even if it is only by one or two days. Payment is made on the day you reserve the room. Therefore, if you must reschedule, it is your loss.

Tamra Mc Seattle, WA

Bad...they say your getting a room with a king then when you get there I was put on a first come first serve and got stuck with 2 full size beds. 😢called them up to see what was happening and they transferred me to the front desk 🤦🏻‍♀️I just felt with them they said no to available. Ugh don’t waist your time on Priceline

Yvonne Shealy Tucson, AZ

Absolutely terrible! Did not disclose information that should have been. I called customer service and the jerk hung up on me. Guess I wasn't giving him the conformation number fast enough. Then automated system said I could select to have a call back. After he hung up on me the wait time was 59 minutes. It has been three days and no call back. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE AWFUL AND I DID NOT SAVE ANY MONEY. AS A MATTER OF FACT, THEY COST ME MONEY. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH.

Amy Wright Brooklyn, NY

I booked a rental car in Atlanta. Rather than collecting it from the airport, I opted to choose a location near the place I was staying- a location that was suggested on the priceline site. I booked the car per Priceline's suggested times and thought I was set. EXCEPT the pickup was at a location that was closed on Saturday. I called Priceline about this issue, and I was advised they are not responsible for accuracy of listings on the site, and I need to take it up with Hertz. Morals of the story- Priceline seems to think there is no technology available to vet information on their sites (we know this isnt true) and dont ever use priceline again

Caylon Travis Watertown, MA

Booked a one-week roundtrip flight to Mexico to visit friends for a much-needed vacation. Got up early the morning of the flight, paid for a $35 Uber to the airport only to find out that I missed my flight; it was rescheduled to an earlier time and I wasn't notified. No email, text, phone call, nor voicemail. After days of phone calls with representatives attempting secure refunds on all items, including the Uber rides to/from the airport, I asked the supervisor on the phone what Priceline can do to rectify the situation. They offer me a 5% off coupon for a hotel or car rental.... expiring in July 2021; it's April 17th. I ask if they can help me on a flight in the new few weeks, now that prices are quadruple what I paid. Nope.

Bria Lopez Phoenix, AZ

We booked a hotel through Priceline. When we showed up to our reservation, the hotel was overbooked and they sent us away, saying they were already full before we ever booked our room, and it was Priceline's fault. We tried contacting Priceline and the hold time was more than 40 min. When I finally got through, I explained the situation to the customer service rep who tried to contact the hotel for verification. She claimed she couldn’t get ahold of the hotel because it was the wrong number and she was calling a hotel in New York (rather than Phoenix). After going back and forth 3 times, she asked me what their phone number was, and I confirmed that she was calling the correct number. I thought it was odd, the area code was an Arizona area code, yet she still said it was calling New York? I had my husband call the number and he got through just fine... twice. I told the customer service rep this and she started defending herself saying she wasn’t lying. I told her it was fine, we just needed them to find us a new hotel for the night. She said she couldn’t until she verified our reservation. After 30 min of this back-and-forth conversation, I was starting to feel like she did not care at all about our situation. I asked if there was someone else I could talk to, or a manager. She told me her managers would not answer even if I tried contacting them, and would not transfer me to anyone else. I hung up and tried calling back, hoping to get a different customer service rep. After another 40 minutes of waiting on hold, my husband got through to a really nice customer service rep. Unfortunately, because it was so late at that point, the relocations office was closed and there was nothing she could do to help our situation. She said something along the lines of: “I noticed you called a while ago and spoke to someone about this same issue. I am so sorry, she should have forwarded you to the relocations office while they were still open, I have no idea why she didn’t do that”. She told us that unfortunately nothing could be resolved until Monday (it was Friday night), and that we would have to either book another place on our own or drive home. At this point, I am very frustrated, and we are waiting to see if they will even give us a refund. I went onto Priceline’s Instagram page to read the comments and see if anyone else had problems with them. *EVERY SINGLE COMMENT that was made visible to me was a negative review. This company is a scam, don’t give them any of your money.

Catlean Jules The Bronx, NY

If I could give 0 stars I would. Stay away from this site. Priceline did a duplicate booking and was never notified until checking. They are refusing to issue me a refund for that booking. They customer service is terrible.

Craig Willoughby Chicago, IL

Booked a trip to New Orleans and rented a car through Priceline. Great deal! What Priceline didn't tell us was that the agency wasn't at the airport...it was downtown. Turned out that the agency we booked through didn't honor Priceline, and I ended up paying an extra $200. Oh, and to top it all off? Priceline's booking fee is non-refundable. Overall, I do not recommend them. Save your money!

Laimute Paulauskaite Philadelphia, PA

To start, i was using priceline for years...but it all came to the point that I am reconsidering to take my business somewhere else... Today I was trying to book the hotel and there was a glitch in their system : while I pressed "book" button the confirmation was not coming but showing no deal and choose another one .... I did the search again and I saw the same hotel with the same price...ok let me try to book it again but again there was no Confirmation after pressing book. I said to myself ok let me try later... Meanwhile I went to the meeting and while checking my e-mail I saw 2 booking confirmation. Surprise... I called immediately the custom support explaining the issue and there only script I got "no refund" After going through custom service, 2 supervisors with the same script "NO REFUND" not even giving me the answer how the web process of booking works ?????? hellooooooo... they had a decency to tell me that it was a legit booking and words EVERYONE WILL GIVE YOU THE SAME ANSWER! The last person I spoke later in the day (at my request for him to call me back) was the head manager of the booking and he said that it's up to the hotel if they agree to do refund I'll get it. The call was received late afternoon when that's what the customer service was supposed to do in the first place when I called them . Meanwhile waiting for the call back from the head manager I contacted my credit card and hotel and explained the situation. And I notified everyone that I will not pay from my pocket for the glitches and mistakes of the company. Instead of reading me the script "NO REFUND" the priceline workers should of use a little bit of common sense and brain and figure out that it was glitch ( but they say that I received e-mail confirmation - guess what I DO NOT BOOK THROUGH E-MAIL - I BOOK THROUGH THE PRICELINE WEB!!!!!! And if after booking I do not get message CONGRATS! Your trip is booked! - I know there is no booking. LEARN HOW YOUR WEB WORKS - to start!!!!!! I am waiting to see if the head manager will call me and say that he solved the issue ....but I have doubts! I hope that this message will get to the head of PRICELINE and pay attention to this matter as I will do my best that this message will be posted everywhere to get the attention of the BOSS!!!

Brandy Hoopes Clewiston, FL

Priceline should be shut down and no longer able to operate ! They are the most disrespectful , ignorant , down right scums ! They are a huge scam and its so sad that they know exactly what their doing to people and are perfectly ok inside themselves treating others taking from the innocent. I did not mean to hit finalize on my hotel booking and immediately i called the hotel and was told to call PRICELINE . I called , and called, and called for several days to only receive an automated vm saying " all our customer reps are busy on another line, please try your call again later this week " !! or press 2 to be added to the call back list . I DONE SO !!!! Not one call returned nor ever spoke to someone until almost a week later to only be told " WE CANT REFUND UR MONEY , YOUR A NO CALL , NO SHOW !! " I responded i haved been calling the very same day the hotel was booked and i have proof of names and numbers to show...The rep responded she didnt care and assured me i would not get my $269.00 back and hung up. Needless to say i had to dispute their charge and would never recommend this company to anyone not even the neediest of anytimes !!!

Casey Hobbs ,

I recently traveled to Chicago during the latest winter storm, I reserved a car with Priceline which I have exclusively used up to this experience. The reservation I made was through Budget car rental and the price totaled 192 dollars for a four day rental pick up time at 10:00 pm. I arrive in Chicago and collect my belongings and arrive at the car rental desk a little before mid night. The main counter is closed posting the hours to be closed at 7 pm. I check the counter inside the garage, it is also closed at 7pm. I have no other choice but to use the only open rental agency and due to the last minute rental I am charged 462 dollars. I immediately contact Priceline and ask why they would allow my to make a reservation to a car rental agency that is not open at the time of my arrive, they provided no answer. I asked to be credit the amount my rental to the new rental I had to take, the response was there is nothing we can do. I asked to speak to a manager, a manager was not was not helpful and I was informed I was not even eligible for a 10% discount for my next rental. Both employees had no empathy or solutions to me being stranded at the airport unable to access a reservation that Priceline had allowed to be made. I would be extremely cautious to use this service again fellow travelers to not be stranded at an airport or be expected to pay an extra 300 dollars.

Aarin Walker Greenwood, IN

Offers good price comparisons, but beware of entering payment info! I entered my payment info and then entered a discount code. Priceline submitted my payment instead of checking if the code worked. I entered codes before entering my payment info and it would verify if the code worked or not, so I know it wasn't user error. DO NOT ENTER PAYMENT INFO until you are ready to book

Şengül Demir San Diego, CA

ne of the worst customer service. I booked a ticket through their agent on the phone. apparently, he did not complete the confirmation. It has been a week more than tota 15 hrs on the phone. and there is no solution yet. my family is ready for the flight but there is not any ticket number. they suppose to call me, no calls. and emailing me about " we try to call you but we could not reach you" something like this. it is all lie. I used to book my all hotels and flights through Priceline but it turns out a nightmare. no more pricing or their related another brother-sister online website. I will be very careful from now on

Sue AHSOL Buena Park, CA

I WOULD GIVE A NEGATIVE RATING if possible. Priceline should be shut down and no longer able to operate ! it's just a scam. you are on your own.

Marcus Cho Griffin, GA

They changed my flight last minute and did not communicate it to me. Supervisor put me on hold it’s been 20 minutes and counting…..

Jenn4375 Orlando, FL

I had to cancel a hotel stay due to aircraft issues they refused to refund the duplicate charges and this happened on June 23, 2021 and this is now June 27,2021

Sroth Chicago, IL

I was expecting to get the run-around when trying to cancel my non-refundable car rental due to Covid-19. However, I couldn't be more pleased with the very quick, friendly, and positive response from Priceline. Although their automated call routing system told me I was not eligible to cancel or refund, I stayed on the line for a very positive and quick discussion with an agent who is sending me a credit certificate. I will remain the loyal customer I've been for 15 years!