Priceline Logo

3.6

LAST UPDATED: June 29th, 2022

Founded in 1997, Priceline is a travel site that helps consumers find and book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages. The company has several other brands and subsidiaries under its umbrella in order to help customers receive the best deals on travel accommodations.

Keep reading for details about Priceline, plus read Priceline reviews from real customers.

Airbnb Logo
#1 Airbnb chevron_right
Vrbo Logo
#2 Vrbo chevron_right
Google Flights Logo
#3 Google Flights chevron_right

The Good

• Family of Brands
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Navigation
  • Hotel Guidebook

Family of Brands

For over 20 years, Priceline has cultivated and evolved its travel booking service to keep travelers coming back as often as possible. The company's family of brands includes Booking.com, Kayak, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable, just to name a few. As part of The Priceline Group, Priceline travelers can expect to see results comprised of information from thousands of booking sites.

Travel Accommodations

Priceline seeks to give its customers as much freedom as possible by allowing them to name their preferred price and bid for their trip accommodations. Travelers can book the following through Priceline's platform:

• Hotels
  • Flights
  • Rental cars
  • Vacation packages
  • Cruises

Navigation

Priceline has made it so that its platform is easy to navigate, offers some of the best deals in the industry, and gives travelers the "low down" on each vacation and travel package that is offered on its website. Consumers can search for vacation options by destination or star rating in order to quickly find what they are looking for.

Hotel Guidebook

One of the best services offered by Priceline is its hotel guidebook, which helps travelers understand the features and services that they will receive from each hotel that they are considering.

The Bad

• Pricing Discrepancies
  • Limited Foreign Listings
  • Travel Insurance Concerns

Pricing Discrepancies

There are some discrepancies in terms of pricing that Priceline customers should be aware of. For instance, resort fees are not included in bidding, which means that even if a customer gets a hotel deal on Priceline, they could be subject to additional resort fees of $25 or more. This obscure part of its terms of services could greatly inflate travel prices for customers who purchase a stay at a hotel or resort.

Limited Foreign Listings

For American consumers looking to travel internationally, Priceline is not the optimum first choice due to its limited offerings for out-of-country accommodations. Priceline's foreign vacation deals are limited to the following destinations:

• Puerto Rico
  • The Caribbean
  • The Bahamas
  • Cancun

Travel Insurance Concerns

While Priceline does offer travel protection, there are some concerns about this feature. For example, the company's travel protection coverage is not available outside of the United States. Although Priceline does a nice job of meeting the needs and interests of those traveling within the U.S., the needs and interests of individuals traveling outside of the country are not covered. Travelers should also be aware that Priceline's travel protection does not cover voluntary trip changes or cancellations.

The Bottom Line

Priceline offers booking for several travel accommodations, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles. The company also provides effective navigation and a hotel guidebook to help customers quickly find exactly what they are looking for.

However, Priceline's foreign listings are limited and its travel insurance is not available outside of the United States. Additionally, consumers should be aware that they may be subject to additional resort fees not included in their initial bid.

View Best Travel Sites

1.6

CD Toronto, ON

We were a family of 11, including three infants, who had booked an overnight at the Rome Hilton Airport hotel before our flight back to Toronto. Our flight from Sicily to Rome was delayed and we arrived at the Airport Hilton late in the evening. We had booked four rooms through Priceline and had confirmed with Priceline several times before arriving that the reservation was good. Well, we had a injured senior (in a lot of pain) and a sick baby so we were anxious to get into our rooms. When we arrived we were informed that we had no reservations and told to move aside. What? Then, after two hours of calling Priceline (yes, of course, you have a reservation) and arguing with the hotel, most of our group was transported to another hotel where they had to pay high rates and the injured senior was given an accessible room at the original hotel also at a high rate. In the end, it appears that Priceline’s third-party booking service had screwed up. Oh, sorry. Priceline was willing only to refund what we had paid for the original rooms (that were, in fact, not reserved) plus 20%. It is hard to describe that nightmarish two hours was like, including all the stress with crying babies in a crowded lobby. Priceline is a disgrace and clearly has NO interest in building a reputation for customer service. Best to avoid them in future.

1 day ago

Defendapack Wearable Protection for Life Wellington, FL

Hi, My name is Hilario James Jr., I have never filed a complaint with the BBB, as I am someone who believes you get what you pay for. I searched on 2/01/22 for a 2 night stay in Gainesville FL to visit our daughter at UF for the nights of 2/11 - 2/13 with Priceline, in my search I specified "Pet Friendly" in my filters, when I was about to book a room, I had a pop-up from Priceline indicating that there was a special discount, if I allowed them to book a hotel out of the 3 select hotels they provided, I agreed and unfortunately for me, they booked the worst hotel of the 3 for $279 total. I still was willing to stay at the hotel until I read a few of the reviews, that stated that customers were turned away when they brought their pets to check-in and upset that they requested a pet friendly Hotel, but the Hotel was not responsible and they needed to go elsewhere. I immediately contacted Priceline customer service on (02/01), and asked that they transfer me to another hotel that was "Pet Friendly" stating I would gladly pay more and there were at least 2 weeks before the initial reserv., the customer service rep., stated there would be no transfer nor will there be a refund and we should just leave our pet at home. This of course led to a debate for approx. one hour, with no resolution. I ended the call by pleading, they cancel the reserv. and telling the rep., I would have to book another hotel for the same timeframe, which the rep., stated that was my problem. Ultimately I had to book another hotel for 2/11 - 2/13,. I tried disputing this charge with my credit card company to no eval. My complaint with Priceline is, if the customer filters the need for a "Pet Friendly Hotel", you should not be offering anything but (ps...the other 2 hotels were pet friendly), and if it were their mistake, they should be willing to transfer or amend the original reservation, for unsuspecting customers. How many victims have they defrauded with this technique & why are they allowed?

Lakisha Henry-Simmons GA

If I could give them a negative 10 review I would! Horrible experience and horrible customer service. I booked a room and arrived at the hotel…the hotel was seedy smelled or weed and urine; hotel management agreed with me, but could not give my money back since it was booked through Priceline. I called Priceline and advised and they let me know there was nothing they would do…nothing. I will NEVER BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN!

Jenn Rockford, IL

Don’t book with them! Worst customer experience ever! They gave me a credit in may for my flight cancellation and I tried to use that credit to book a flight now, called priceline and no one seems to know what happened to my credit and keeps telling they going to scale the issue or put me on hold. At this point they can keep that money! It’s no worth the hassle but they just lost a customer.

Judy Kohout Beaver Dam, WI

Booked a non refundable hotel room in Brookfield, Wisconsin for 5 days! What a dump for a hotel rated 8.2 …Sonesta Brookfield, Wisconsin hotel. Smelled of mold throughout the hotel. Many amenities missing and or not functional. Talked to Priceline as the smell was making me nauseous! Of course, not their problem. No acceptable resolution was offered. Just a repeat of their non refundable policy. Don’t let this company screw you. Pay a little more and have a happy vacation! Actually her for a funeral for my niece.

roni Yorba Linda, CA

I wish I could give a zero star review. I am extremely unsatisfied with the service I received this morning from Priceline. I called to ask for a refund after the hotel we stayed in became part of crime scene. I was scheduled to stay from June 17-22. I checked in in the early morning hours on June 17th. I was only there for two hours before we had to be escorted out by the police because of our neighbors in the next room. I did not want to stay at the hotel and when I called Priceline, they said they could not issue refund but offered a 15% discount on future reservations. That is not acceptable. I would have hoped Priceline customer service would stand behind their customers and make things right. Our safety was in jeopardy and the hotel not Priceline are doing nothing to compensate us. I will be writing a review on every social media out there advising everyone of the horrible services of Priceline."

Matthew Bush Jacksonville, FL

I booked a room on Priceline for a Monday to Thursday stay and realized I had booked it 1 week too soon. I called 4 minutes later and asked if I could change the reservation at which point they said they could only cancel 2 nights but I would pay for the third. I spoke with several people all of whom told me they contacted the hotel and they would not let them. So I called the hotel. They were fine with the change as long as Priceline would do it…They would not. They kept telling me to call the hotel, which I had done, and it was their discretion. I ended up losing $150 for no reason at all other than they wouldn’t change the reservation by 1 week 5 minutes after the reservation was made. ALWAYS BOOK THROUGH THE PROPERTY…ALWAYS!

Mrs. K T Dallas, TX

I booked a rental car for my trip on June 3rd and the airport car rental thrifty had the rude and unprofessional workers. The guy said we had to wait an hour and then a rude lady came out snapping her neck and said we have no cars. They did not try to help us get Ubers or any transportation from the airport at 1 am. Contacted Priceline and the lady Joyce was just as rude and never helped me get my money back for a rental I never received. My friend had to pay Uber 120 to drop me off at their home which was an hour and a half away. Big let down. NEVER USE THEM FOR RENTAL CAR SERVICES AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE.

Bobbie Rosharon, TX

I was charged three nights by a hotel that I booked through priceline. I only stayed two nights and had one room. I sent the charges and explained to Priceline. They first contacted the owner who said he will not refund because it was paid to Priceline. I call Priceline for the refund. They said they would refund but first want to confirm the reservation with the owner.The hotel denied the refund because they confirmed I was accommodated. Priceline said they cannot provide a refund of the owner denies it. They care more about their relationships with the hotels then their customers. They call me a VIP customer. I have used them several times over the years and knowing they believe thus owner over me even when I have proof, leads me to believe they cannot be trusted and do not care about the customer

Daniel O'Brien Girona, GI

Please don't ever use Priceline!!! They are completely fraudulent and we were defrauded by them. They advertised a low rate for a hotel on the dates we had specified, when we hit 'book' online the dates we had entered changed and we booked non-refundable hotel fares. We immediately realised and reached out to Priceline and were told that even though we booked through them, that we had to contact their sister company booking.com as the fare was really with them. We could not reach booking,com to explain what had happened and change our dates and we subsequently lost $320 USD with Priceline completely unwilling to help. This is a a mega scam, DO NOT use them (please).

Larisa Blackledge Evans, CO

We booked a car through their website but apparently they can't figure out how to have all the details of a car rental on their website so the car we booked had travel restrictions, thus we had to book a car at a different place for more money $$$$ and it's a smaller vehicle. And they can't see how they're not at fault. Oh, and customer service sucks. There number does Not connect you to priceline costumer service. What is up with that? Site is not even easy to use. It just keeps getting worse by the minute. Just don't use priceline.

Peter Lapso Baltimore, MD

We bought flight ticket and rent car (Sixt). Few days lattef we found that we 've been charged for car rental twice on 2 diferent credit cards, with diferent names and diferent banks. Solve it was nightmare. When call priceline you get someone in India. No email, no claim. To contact Sixt is lot worse. We never get answer from them. Eventualy bank fixed it but no more Priceline. Big mistake

Brenda Austin College Station, TX

I wish we didn't even have to give them 1 star, I book a reservation on line chose the area I needed to stay in, up pops a pick 3 deal and 2 of the hotels is where I needed to be and 1 was not, guess which they gave me, I called with in 7 minutes of the notification and they cannot do anything about it. I would lose the money's that was charged to my card, I should have known better, it is not the 1st time it has happened, but you can believe it will be the last, I'm completely done with this company and all the hidden crap.

SPARTACUS The Jeep Virginia Beach, VA

They are dishonest, they advertised a hotel for $64 and it ended up $170 and I had 2 rooms at different hotels. I clicked on book it (the $64 rate) and got a pop up saying save and additional 17% so yeah! except it never told me that it was at the Redroof not the Super 8 I was trying to book. The Redroof parking lot couldn't accommodate my truck and trailer, after I booked the reservation which was $79 it says I'm confirmed for the Redroof. I chat with priceline and tell them what happened and was told once you book it it's yours, no refund or transfers. I already hated Priceline for their BS and only used them because they had (so I thought) the best rate and was just hours from the hotel....what could go wrong? Well had to book the Super 8 at $96 but I had to have a place to park. To add insult to injury the Super 8 was at best a $50 a night motel. It was clean but it was dated. A couple of new pictures on the wall doesn't count as an update in my book.

Bertrand Morin Gatineau, QC

DO NOT BOOK A RENTAL CAR THROUGH PRICELINE, especially not with ECONOMY RENT A CAR. Economy Rent A Car imposed a car insurance surcharge of 150$ for a week even though my car insurance covers this. All other car rental companies I've done business with in the past have accepted my own car insurance with no surcharge. They told if I didn't pay I wouldn't get the car. I tried contacting Economy once at the apartment to try to get this sorted out with customer support, they told me that I had accepted the charges since I signed all the papers and reiterated that if I didn't agree I had the choice of not taking the car. Well not really, the car was paid in full to Priceline and I needed a car for my vacation. I then tried Priceline's customer support. They replied that according to their review of the issue, the case was closed with Economy so there's nothing they could do. It's incredible that a company such as Priceline offers no support when they're responsible for choosing a fraudulent rental car company such as Economy Rent A Car.

Justin Boswell Carlisle, PA

We had a big Yosemite trip scheduled for this summer, it has been my dad's lifelong dream to go there and we finally got the money and an opportunity to do so. We ordered a flight that departs at 7am so we could get in San Francisco early to see the city and adjust and get a good nights sleep. Priceline rescheduled our flight so we would get there in the dead of night almost immediately with no warning (keep in mind we had also already scheduled our hotel and car rentals around this, so all of that had to be changed). We then rescheduled to a new flight that arrived that morning, and the next day both flights were cancelled. Now we're scrambling because we have near $1000 locked up in Priceline credits that they're saying they can't give back! Not only that, but we can only use the credits for one airline because their rules say so. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THIS COMPANY, THEY ARE SNEAKY MANIACAL LITTLE SCAMMERS AND THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY JUST AS THEY HAVE TO MILLIONS OF OTHER PEOPLE.

Tom Shaw Novato, CA

I called PL because after my outgoing flight to Orlando was cancelled by the airline (Alaska), the rental period for my car was lessened by one day. I was able to fly out the next day and picked up the car a day late. The fair thing to do would have been to check my Dollar reservation to verify the truth of my story, then refund one day of the rental period...amounting, no doubt, to less than $100. PL refused, saying only that it was a non-refundable contract. They even acknowledged that the circumstances were completely outside of my control. This is the epitome of zero integrity. (* I should add that even when the first PL phone rep said she was going to refund my entire bill, I said no, that won't be necessary, since I picked up the car a day later. And I only drove for one less day than contracted!!) My next phone contact with a supervisor ended in humiliation and defeat. No refund, period....end of discussion! PL, may your zero integrity ultimately result in zero customers. That would be fair!

Replica_One Hunlock Creek, PA

BEWARE when booking a Priceline Pricebreakers deal. MAKE sure the hotels are in the same location. I assumed when 3 similar hotels were offered that they would be in the same location. Well, they aren't. And so far there is nothing I can do about. One hotel was Oceanfront and the other's were way over the bridge. No where near the beach. The idea of booking close to the beach is so that everything is in waking distance. It would take me an HOUR to walk to the beach from the hotel that Priceline selected. I called to try and have the booking switched to the higher priced pricebreakers deal, and Priceline refused. I didn't care if it was oceanfront or ocean block as long as it was by the beach. DO NOT BOOK THROUGH PRICELINE. The only thing like about them is that they are hotels.

Candace Brenner Chicago, IL

This company is shady! I had to cancel a flight due to my husband's death and they gave me a credit to use on future travel. HOWEVER, when I checked for flights, I saw the it on their website for slightly over 500.00 so I called to book it and use my credit toward it. I told the man I had a credit to use and he proceeded to tell me that the same flight I saw for 500.00 would now be over 1000.00. I asked if I could book it myself and use my credit and he said "no". Needless to say, my credit is still unused due to their sleezy price gauging. Word to the wise..if you have a credit with them, don't let them know until they give you the price of the flight. HORRIBLE customer service! Shame on this company!

Justin Hicks GA

Worst travel company. Crooks. I had a delayed flight and booked a hotel under the impression it was for the night my flight was delayed. When I realized it was for later that evening Priceline would not refund me. I contacted them less than 5 minutes after booking

Jeff Roseville, CA

Book the room With full sea view and paid as nonrefundable. Once the payment went through and the confirmation was sent by Priceline the room sure partial Seaview. After contacting Priceline the acknowledge the mistake and they tried to fix the issue for two weeks later to cancel my booking without my permission

Karl Zwaanstra Allendale, MI

Worst pay by the hour hotels. Walked out and never stayed. They won’t even give me a refund and say the hotel is responsible, even though they are the ones I paid. NEVER book through Priceline. They don’t stand behind their customers, only for the money. DO NOT TRUST THEM!!! See the hotel first!!!

Carlos Florence, AZ

I will never use priceline again. Stay away. I'm out $1100. I canceled within 2 hours of booking a hotel. I made a mistake with the dates. I called their so called customer service department . They are horrendous. I explained my situation and they pretty much said to bad. I would have taken a credit. I will never use priceline ever again. Stay away . You have been warned.

Bishwadeep Chakraborty Toronto, ON

Don't book at Priceline. Their agents quote a different price and hotels charge a different price. I have been charged $100more for my hotel. The Priceline agent had confirmed that total price was $326 is inclusive of all taxes. Priceline doesnt have Customer support as it goes to booking.com. you will be hassled between priceline and booking.com. bad customer service. Don't book at priceline

Timothy Berrena Bloomfield, CT

Priceline is a straight embarrassment I had to cancel my hotel reservation due to COVID-19 I was infected I found out the morning of no I Donely would they not cancel my reservation but told me if I did cancel it which makes no sense I would be charged $127 so they were going to charge me a higher cancellation fee than the room rate stay away from this company and stay as far away from as you can

Nicole Alldredge Salt Lake City, UT

Stay far away! We booked a trip to Costa Rica. We had a vague charge on our CC in addition to our flights, so we disputed it. But because the charge (which I still don't know what was for) was related to our trip, they canceled our entire trip. I don't remember signing away that right. They never even emailed us to notify us they canceled it, never responded to the dispute, and never refunded the cost of our flights. Now I am out $5K and out a trip I was suppose to leave on in 4 days.

Julie Jones

Horrible!!! I would rate Priceline with negative stars if I could!!! I booked hotel reservations through Priceline.com. I traveled 2 states away, which was over 9 hours of driving. When I arrived at my destination, I was told that the hotel was overbooked, and they had no room for me. This was the LAST thing I wanted to hear, after a long drive and not knowing anyone in the area. No other hotels had room either, due to an Apple Blossom Festival occurring that weekend. The associate at the hotel front desk told me that Priceline “buys up so many reservations, without knowing how many rooms there truly are available. Also, Priceline doesn’t share individual’s contact information with hotels - if they had, the hotel front desk would have contacted me before my trip began, I wouldn’t have wasted 20 hours!!

Rachel Mongiovi Summerville, SC

Their customer service was awful. The representative, who definitely was not based out of the US, couldn't help so I asked to speak with someone higher. I was told I would be put on a brief hold but they will be right with me, held for 30 minutes and they hung up. I called back and asked to talk with someone higher and was on hold for an hour only to be told oh well nothing we can do. The fees if you want to cancel a reservation even if it is over 30 days out is ridiculous. This was my first time using them and definitely my last. Every single one of my friends and co workers I've told also agreed don't bother with them. Better off booking directly through the hotel

Christian Moreno Madison, WI

Never book through them worse experience I've ever had. We booked a room for Caesars Palace in Vegas. When we got there they said they never received any reservation. They also said we can pay the full amount and that they will refund us as soon as Priceline sends in the reservation. Well I had to pay $600!!! for a room although they said that they will refund us I did not really panic. Well Priceline never send in my reservation and I was stuck paying $600 for the room! which I was told I was going to get a refund. 3 weeks later Priceline sends us their refund for the room we reserved through them.... Never again.

Mike Gagg Sarasota, FL

I had reserved a rental car through Priceline back in February. The car company Ace had provided me with a car that was substandard and I returned it for a full refund 5 minutes later. The charge on my card was $255.47, Ace only returned $224.47 which was $31.00 short. Ace explained to me that they were only paid $224.47 which was the reason for the refund being $31.00 short. Ace stated the other $31.00 that you're looking for was the charge that Priceline charged. So I reached out to Priceline only to be told they could not help me. They refused to reimburse the $31.00, I will never use this online company again.

J G Bridgeport, CT

January 8/2022 Priceline: I did a reservation by mistake in different town where I was traveling, I called priceline, after 30 minutes, they said they can’t cancel the reservation because is not refundable. Reservation 62082590 So I did a second Priceline reservation in motel super 8 same date (two beds) when I arrived the motel did not do my check in, the uneducated lady said that I have to paid for a second person. why if the post-Priceline Is for two person and two beds. Motel 8 doesn’t care. So I called again Priceline, after 30 minutes and two different persons, their answer was “we can’t do nothing, if she said you have to paid the extra charge”. I didn’t check in that motel ( I saw it is a xxxj-hole with bad energies). Reservation 457636402 Trip 49409228344 I have had to paid two reservations in Priceline for two different Hotels, same night, and I couldn’t use the hospitality service. Priceline didn’t resolve my claims. priceline the worst web to buy services they don’t protect their customers. question: customer service is for what, just to have a sign “customer service“ J G

Thomas Burns Owings Mills, MD

Priceline and Booking.com have absolutely no concern for their customers or good customer service. Any ratings on this site higher than 1 star must be friends, family, and employees. Any problems with any reservation that you make thru Priceline go thru Booking.com. Count on waiting at least 30 minutes on hold before an incompetent customer service agent takes the call, only to tell you to call another number because they can't help you! Then plan on having to file a claim with PayPal or your credit card company in order to force them to give you a refund because even if Priceline cancels your reservation, they give you a run-around to try and get your money back.

Kirstin Atkinson Round Hill, VA

Less than 12 hours ago I made a reservation with Priceline for a hotel. I will be visiting Barcelona for my first time and staying one night before leaving for a Mediterranean cruise the following day. I had the hotel, Grand Central Hotel Barcelona, at the top of my list so went to book. During booking I saw an advertisement for the Priceline Deal which advertises 3 hotels of the same quality and same area for about $100 less than the price I was about to spend on the Grand Central Hotel Barcelona. Using this is essentially a gamble - you could get what you want or not, but nonetheless, you stay in a nice hotel in the same area and save some money so I didn't care... as I don't plan to spend much time at the hotel anyways. A few hours later I was doing more planning and realized the hotel was no where near the area of the hotel of choice - over an hour walk from the hub of Barcelona and the hotel that was my first choice. I messaged back and forth with Priceline which was also an awful experience. It's clear the agents are working with several individuals at once, as it took them over 10 minutes to read and respond to messages. After wasting about 45 minutes messaging just to be told there was no cancellation or transfer allowed, I called to discuss with a customer service agent over the phone. Priceline is well known and you would think they would care about customer satisfaction and understood the issue at hand which was very clear and not okay. I let them know I was happy to rebook right away with them with a credit and just get the original hotel but they said there are no exceptions. WOW! Mindblown by the lack of understanding and poor customer service and support. In addition to this, I did some research on the hotel which they said I saved 21% on, however I checked on the official hotel website and other websites and found it for over $40 less on the same date! Priceline Deals is surely a scam and I hope no one else makes the same mistake of using it. I am disputing with my bank and will not be using Priceline again.

GP Granbury, TX

I came across a Pricebuster offer and researched the 3 hotels, rooms and prices before moving forward. The Pricebuster assured a discount. After the reservation was awarded, I received an email that said I saved 29%, but the price at the hotel's website for a suite was less, and included a $100 resort credit. The Priceline price for the same suite was more money with no resort credit. The representative finally offered to cancel the reservation (with a $175 fee) and gave me a confirmation number. Then she called back and said it could not be cancelled. The product was misrepresented, and the problem was not solved. I could have secured a better price by going to the hotel direct. I would have liked either a cancellation and refund, a discount of 29% as promised, or an upgrade to the suite level that was at the price quoted.

Chala Dincoy Toronto, ON

We were stranded at the airport and told that we had to pay for a second vacation! Here's the full story: I booked a packaged vacation to the Dominican through Booking.com which lead us to book through Priceline.com. I called ahead to the customer service to check that there was a hotel transfer from the airport. The agent could barely speak English but ended up assuring us that a transfer was included. Then, when we got to Punta Cana, the flight landed 4 hours' drive away from our hotel-in another city. There was no transfer. No way to get us to the hotel. We were sold a package of a flight to one city(Punta Cana) and a hotel in another part of the country in another city(Puerto Plata)! We didn't know the country well and thought that it was a natural pairing in a package vacation. The Wyndham hotel refused to help us by transferring our booking to a sister hotel in Punta Cana. We were at the airport for 3 hours begging Priceline agents for help. They said that there were no refunds and no transfers. We had to buy a whole new vacation from the airport on the spot for the whole week. I've never even heard of a packaged vacation being in 2 different cities. I am amazed that nobody would help us. I will never ever book a package through Booking or Priceline. They were unhelpful and completely unreasonable, telling us we were responsible since we booked it and should have known the consequences.

rodney john Seattle, WA

Booked 2 separate flights 1st For 4 people then second for our son who decided to go with us last minute. I called to cancel both trips they refunded the single flight but did not do flight for 4 so we are know out for flight tickets. There customer service can't talk very good English...I will never book with them agian 1200.00 down the drain.

Roosevelt Brown Carpentersville, IL

As long as you don't need assistance or customer service priceline is marginal at best. But God forbid you need to alter or change or have a emergency. They suck and I am a VIP so called Platinum member. Will never use there service again.. wish I cogive 0 stars

Loren G New Smyrna Beach, FL

They did not honor there lowest price guarantee. They charged me $573.80 for a hotel stay paid in advance. The hotel receipt I received was priced at $480.68. They refused my refund after multiple calls. Their explanation was faulty, and had nothing to do with me. I would never recommend this site to anyone.

Pierre Antoine Meiller Miami, FL

Horrible experience, they said that they changed my flight but didn't. I ended up purchasing an extra ticket at the counter from the airline at full price. I never got a credit nor a refund and they said that it was not their fault. Do not buy from them they are thief and unprofessional.

GUILLERMO LORENZO-ROCHA Las Vegas, NV

PRICELINE is a scam!!!....... Try to rent a car in the San Diego area and I had paid in advance only to find out when I got to the car rental place it was all BS!!!...... I ask for my money back and so far.... Nothing!!!! STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE!!!

Kari baker Roxboro, NC

I booked a hotel with Priceline and my room had cockroaches so I and to leave the hotel. I haven't been able to get in touch with them to request a refund. I tried for a few days to reach them but can’t because I have no current reservation. Their customer service is horrible!!! I will never use them again or recommend anyone to use them either.

jayme hunter Calgary, AB

Priceline is a joke- they suggested the Zion inn as a 2.5 hotel… arrive to stained bed sheets, moulding food in microwave, the carpet disgusting … tell us they can’t refund without the property approving. Property denies saying “we aren’t a high class hotel” priceline offers us a 20% coupon for 400$ in hotel charges. NEVER using them again. They don’t care about their customers at all.

World Traveler Ashburn, VA

Priceline confirmed a room with a single queen bed for 2 people only, when I actually purchased the advertised room with 2 double queen beds for 4 people. You're putting your customers in uncertain situations when traveling to unknow places due to your false price and room type advertising. Absolutely disgusting! At the time of booking you should show the actual rooms that the customers will actually receive not something else. This is not only deceiving but false advertising too!

Ssuny KT Halifax, NS

I got the worst experience for the renting a car from Economy car rental(Pearson airport ) by Priceline! The good price of rental car attract pp and they scam the end when we return the car making excuse to charge the extra cost which they ‘ve never emphasis or clarify when we signed. Of course they took the deposit directly before any confirmation or contact from the manager who should call! Every customers for return cars at the office accused of violating their agreement and overcharged for the amount of the security deposit. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

Winston F Utica, NY

I signed up online to pay $54 a day for a little car, then after I hit the button to pay, the rate jumped up to $106 per day. Plus, they have a no-cancellation policy. So, I am stuck paying twice the rate I had agreed to. What Priceline does should be illegal, if it isn't. I will NEVER do business with them again, and I would advise everyone to stay away if you don't want to get ripped off.

Jesse Starkson Tampa, FL

These people should go to jail. From “not being able to reach the hotel front desk” to confirm my booking as I stood there waiting for the phone to ring, to not even refunding the booking. I was fortunate enough to pay $750 for two bookings in order to get a hotel room because of these crooks. Avoid the hassle and frustration, book with a hotel direct

Russell Stence Rochester, NY

My recent experience with Priceline was terrible! I tried to book both car rentals and airline tickets on their site, filled in all the required information, clicked on "Complete Reservation", and it simply would not process. I tried it several times, to no avail. There is no phone support or online chat support unless you've already successfully made your reservation...and you can't make the reservation by phone. A completely frustrating process! How can they even stay in business with this kind of insensitivity to customer satisfaction?!

J Jacksonville, FL

I can't afford to get away much, but had a chance to get away for one night. I used Priceline's deal where they chose the hotel for you with certain amenities. The hotel I got was not a good one with complaints of drug activity in the parking lot. I called to see if anything they could do to change my reservation, but they said nothing they could do. I did agree to those terms, so Priceline isn't at fault, all the same......it is NOT a good deal and I will never use Priceline again. I don't even think I'm going to go at this point, I don't feel comfortable being at that hotel alone with my young child. Very upsetting when getting away is a rare treat and then to end up having what should have been a relaxing get away turn into worry/stress/sadness.

Lezlie Laseter Nashville, TN

I booked a hotel room 3/19. When I got to the hotel it appeared to be a renovated apartment building with outdoor stairways, breezeways and doors---not shown in the property pictures or I wouldn't have booked. Contacted Priceline to CHANGE the booking and they said " it cannot be changed or cancelled". I asked ,"even if I dont feel safe there?" (I was on call for the hospital and have to go out at all hours of the night.) To that they replied, "if you experience any issues you can reach back out to us. Have a great day." I asked to speak to someone on the phone and again only got the text assistant and the same reply. I said '" since safety obviously does not matter to Priceline I will no longer use their service." they replied "I understand. Have a nice day." I lost $150 because they wouldn't change/cancel but went to the local Four Points by Sheraton (Brentwood TN) and was treated much better and feel much safer! Never use Priceline!!!!!

Danielle Adams Lakeland, FL

I wouldn't even give them 1 star, if it was an option. They should have no stars for the way they treat their customers. I made a reservation for a funeral in another city and had a rental car, bought as a bundle. I called immediately after making the reservation, as they charged me for 2 people and doubled the price of the package. The representative assured me that it was taken care of. I called the hotel and they confirmed as well. I get back home and priceline charged me for the rental car and I also paid for the hotel. It was supposed to be a bundled deal. I have poured at least 4 hours into trying to straighten this out, but dealing with priceline, is like dealing with a scammer. Actually I think they are scammers. I didn't get anywhere with them. I had to talk to over 10 people and never got answers - very agravating! They bounced me back and forth between booking.com and priceline.com, as you don't know who you are dealing with. Don't ever use priceline, I know I never, never, never will. It will be the last time they scam me. The worst customer service I have ever received in my 64 years of life. This happened March of 2022.