Founded in 2001, Orbitz is a travel service that helps customers search, book, and manage their travel accommodations. The company has partnerships with many different airfare and travel providers and owns many of its own brands, which helps to increase the number of affordable fare options available to customers.
Claim this Profile
BestCompany.com is trying to work directly with this company to verify the accuracy of the information on this page. Thank you for your patience as we make sure we’re getting it right.
Are you a representative
of this company?Claim this Profile
- Rewards program
- Mobile app
As one of the leading providers of online travel bookings, Orbitz has created resources that help to make research and booking easy for travelers. The company provides aggregated data from thousands of sites to help travelers find the best values on vacations and stay on budget.
In an attempt to make booking travel as easy as possible, Orbitz has developed a number of tools and features to benefit consumers during the planning process, including:
- An easy-to-use navigation setup that lets customers easily compare different travel options
- A rewarding incentives program for returning customers
- A mobile app that customers can use to book services and check itineraries
- Options for staying at the top resorts, including Disney and MGM
Orbitz has a travel rewards program that allows members to earn Orbucks, which is the company's own currency. One Orbuck equals one USD in savings on qualifying hotel bookings. The rewards program has three levels:
- Silver - Members receive 100 percent of the difference plus a bonus of up to 100 Orbucks
- Gold - Members receive 100 percent of the difference plus a bonus of up to 150 Orbucks
- Platinum - Members receive 100 percent of the difference plus a bonus of up to 200 Orbucks
Orbitz separates itself from competitors by not only providing a mobile app for Apple and Android users, but an app for Kindle Fire users as well.
- Privacy concerns
- Reward limitations
There are some concerns about Orbitz and its privacy standards. In the past, the company has shared customer data, including credit card information, with other businesses as is articulated in its terms of service. Some customers have even reported that they were charged as much as $12 for memberships in third-party travel rewards programs that they never intended to enroll in.
Although Orbtiz does have a rewards program, not all products or services can be used to earn Orbucks. The following accommodations are not eligible for rewards:
- Non-qualifying hotels that are not prepaid
- Activities and services
- Car rentals
- Travel insurance
Consumers should also keep in mind that Orbucks earned through booking expire after 12 months, while promotional Orbucks will expire according the details listed in the promotional terms.