OneTravel Logo

OneTravel

5.3

OneTravel was launched out of a barn in Pennsylvania in the 1990s. The company is a leader in the industry and offers a number of travel booking services and 24/7 customer support via phone and email. Users can book a flight, hotel, car, or vacation package.

Keep reading our OneTravel review for pros and cons.

The Good

• Website
  • Travel Accommodations
  • Phone Bookings
  • Rewards Program
  • Price Match

Website

OneTravel has a sleek website with minimal advertisements, making it quick and easy to find information. The deals feature is simple and helps users to find travel options efficiently.

Using OneTravel, travelers can search for accommodations by city and flight, which streamlines the search process and allows customers to see the cheapest prices for their chosen destination.

The site even offers easy themed vacation searches for the following:

• Gay and lesbian travel
  • Last-minute travel
  • Military travel
  • Senior travel
  • Student travel

Travel Accommodations

Rather than booking all travel accommodations separately, OneTravel has created a platform that allows travelers to book and manage their trip in its entirety. Through OneTravel, customers can book the following:

• Flights — Filter by airline or destination to find the best fit for the trip
  • Hotels — Choose from the OneTravel network of hotels and receive discounted rates
  • Car Rentals — Pick up a car at the destination for a fraction of the cost
  • Cruises — Book domestic and international cruises
  • Vacation Packages — Research a number of vacation deals and book all travel necessities in a bundle

Rewards Program

As expensive as it is to make travel arrangements, we always appreciate companies that offer loyalty programs. OneTravel reward points are earned for each dollar members spend on the site. Users get two-six times the points when accommodations are booked through the app. The program includes four tiers, bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. The more you spend on the site, the higher you climb up the ladder.

Additionally, OneTravel offers a credit card to help cardmembers earn points. The OneTravel Credit Card from Visa offers special financing and allows cardholders several benefits.

It comes in two options, the OneTravel Visa Credit Card or the OneTravel Visa Signature Credit Card, which comes with added benefits like:

• Reimbursement for lost luggage
  • Trip cancellation/interruption assistance
  • Travel accident insurance

Price Match

Shoppers and travelers alike want to make sure that they get a great deal. OneTravel helps boost customer satisfaction with their price match promise. If you find a lower price for the same flight advertised on Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, or Travelocity, within 24 hours of purchase, you can get a refund of the difference, or cancel your booking for a full refund.

The Bad

• Comparison Tool
  • Cancelations & Fees

Comparison Tool

Some travel booking companies provide a comparison tool on their website so users can see how their offerings stack up to those of competitors. Unfortunately, OneTravel does not appear to offer a third-party comparison tool on its website.

Cancelations & Fees

OneTravel allows customers to book travel accommodations online and over the phone, making it easy and convenient for individuals to book in a way that is comfortable for them. Customers should note that if you book over the phone with a customer service agent, your service fee may be higher than those charged for online booking.

As a booking site, onetravel.com, like most others, isn’t in total control of airline ticket refunds. Most tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable. Fees and restrictions vary by the airline.

All cancelations must be done over the phone with a customer service rep, and like most online travel agencies, OneTravel utilizes post-ticketing service fees. These are fees for things like canceling a flight and updating or exchanging a ticket.

The Bottom Line

OneTravel allows consumers to search for and book a number of travel services, including flights, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages, through its sleek platform. The company allows travelers to book online or over the phone, making the process simple and convenient for all individuals.

However, OneTravel does not appear to provide a comparison tool on its site, and as if users are unsure about travel dates, they may have to pay expensive cancelation fees.

1.3

susan North Bergen, NJ

I have been booking flight with one travel last 5 yrs the best very helpful recently I had to cancel 2 flights and they help me with the process I am about to book two more flights again with them no I am not getting payed and the company do not know I am writing this I am happy with this. company

Daughter Oftheraj La Jolla, CA

They cancelled my 2 flights without my permission and eliminated the booking from their site. This meant that I could no longer get a credit from the airline or be able to rebook. They have not answered their phones for months now. They never responded to my emails. (Basically they stole my money and kept the money paid for the flight for themselves). It has been impossible to resolve.

TRACEY MARTINEZ Reseda, CA

They used to be okay and better before they became O'cheapo. We have this Pandemic and since May 9 2020 I have tried to get back to Canada. I had booked with them on May 26 2020 and again on May 29 2020. All flights cancelled. They used to charge an agent fee of $3.00 but have jacked it up to $30.00. They have this watch feature similar to print online or expedia where they will reimburse for the difference in price which I added but they took my flight off or it just vanished. My flight from San Francisco to St. John's time changed leaving my original flight to San Francisco leaving later than the first leg to Toronto. I checked my receipt since I just booked this flight yesterday and received notification of the change after the 24 hrs. That's when I noticed to $30.00 additional fee that used to be $3.00. The purpose of checking was to figure the cost of the flight to San Francisco. They charged $140.13 and the flight is $110.00 leaving a difference of $30.13 more. Then an additional charge of $30.00 and united wants to charge an additional $88.00 in addition to the $57.13 one travel charged. Before and no where on One Travels website does it state there is an agent fee of $30.00. What is funny is one travel states they and partners have waived the change fee charge. The only reason I had booked with them is because of this small town and air Canada does not connect with partners in smaller airports. I would have booked directly with air Canada leaving from LAX or SFO but I chose this option because it will probably be the last time I see my uncle that is 75 yes old with health problems. It was to make it easier on him. I have book many flights with them even though they are okay and before the merge a lot better. I had lost the cost of a flight with them back in 2015 after purchasing insurance which they also changed companies after their merger. I am planning another trip to France once their borders open and after a vaccine is available. Then next winter my soon to be spouse we are planning a trip to Miami then back to France before our final move to Canada or US. I will not book with them again. They have lost my business.

Kevin Thousand Oaks, CA

We booked airline tickets through OneTravel for my family of 5 (3 little kids) and had all the seats confirmed available and booked. We got an email later saying that the seats were no longer available and to call back and get new seats. Well the new seats they proposed had all my family separated in different parts of the plane. Do you really expect that my 3 year old, 6 year old and 8 year old will sit by themselves on an airplane? No way. They did find other seats for us but it would cost us an additional $100 each. That sounds a bit shady to me. Baiting us in with a lower price and then cancelling our seats due to "unavailability" and then up-charging $100 per seat. So logically the next step would ask for a cancellation and that is where things got interesting. We told them we wanted to cancel it because they knowingly sold us seats that were not available and they told us in order to cancel they would charge us an additional $50 for cancelling EACH ticket. We told them they were in the wrong due to the fact knowingly sold us seats that were not available. We disputed the charges on our credit card and they are sending us to collections. Talk about a fraud company. STEER CLEAR FROM THESE FRAUDSTERS!!

disgruntled beyond belief Williamstown, NJ

I cannot believe that I had to deal with this company. (or even give them a dime $46.90) I was told "what are you complaining about? you got cheap flight, you have to pay even if you want to carry a pencil on there". Also this "Leon" character couldn't even give me the correct information. I had to call Spirit Air to get my answer. Bottom Line, $345 for a $93 flight. This is not the end of my complaining either. I am going to the BBB and I probably will call the new stations in Philadelphia, they love to give bad reviews to online sites. If I find out Expedia owns this piece of crap company with abusive customer service representatives, I will go further to make sure I am reimbursed for all my troubles that they have caused me.

Meron A Gebre St Louis, MO

I searched for a non-stop flight from Sioux Falls to St Louis round trip. Found one in OneTravel and bought the ticket. When the iternary came in my email, it has one stop to Orlando and so I gavw them a call and explained what happened to a OneTravel agent. The agent said that I can have it canceled for a $50 fee. I told her that I didn't receive what they advertised in thier website which was a nonstop flight. Here comes the craziest response you have ever heard. .. the agent said the non-stop flight is for your first flight to the transit (Orlando)! Tell me guys, is there any way to make it to your next transit flight without a non-stop flight! Why aren't they being sued? How long are they going to collect these fees. I am convinced this is part of their business model.

Thomas santhosh Nanaimo, BC

Unfortunately i book 2 tickets through these websit OneTravel and i cancel my booking but no money returned or give a credit .For 3 weeks i am behind these bogus website company for my money back but no body respond on email,telephone or live chat.send many requests through Facebook and Twitter but no answer.people if you book ticket through this fraudulent company you will loose your money,time and peace. Beware of this scam company.

Julie Akin

Beware of 3rd party booking companies, especially this one. We have had good experiences using Expedia many times before, but One Travel has been bad. If you need to change a date or travel, they do not, or can not help. To make things worse, once they realized we were not happy, they repeatedly call into the late evening to justify why they had no power to help. There is no speaking with the rep, they just talk and talk every time we start taking. For the few $ you many save, all the headaches are not worth using this company

E. Neasman Miami, FL

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER use One Travel. Thies comments are based on my experience of late and the Reservation Troubleshooting teams for (3) three major Airlines. 1. Unreliable Notifications of Flight Changes and Cancellations 2. Average 30 minute wait time for ALL Customer Assistance, even when the Airlines call directly (took 2 1/2 hours). 3. Incomplete or No Follow Through with Reservation Bookings, as in not transferring your payment to the Airlines.

Fifa

Poor services hidden prices and do not respond to customer inquiries . The price was seven hundred dollars, but after the return from my trip , I have found , they have taken from my account more than one thousand!!!!and when I tried to ask them about the details, I waited for a long time , but did not get any answer!

Harry Jone Germantown, TN

They canceled my flight without my permission and I am now out $1150. If they would have just left it alone I would have had tickets I could have rebooked. They are overwhelmed . I would not use again.

Dale

Do not use One Travel. They use deceptive conduct and will not entertain a refund even when they are clearly in the wrong. Difficult to talk to a person and refuse to correspond in writing.

Andrew Rico Hollywood, FL

They took my credit card information and wouldn't allow me to purchase the ticked