Kayak

5.6

Kayak, which is a subsidiary of The Priceline Group, began offering travel search engine services in 2004. The company offers global search services for a wide variety of travel options, including flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation packages.

#1 Priceline Logo Priceline ›

7.7

Overall
Score

#2 Orbitz Logo Orbitz ›

7.3

Overall
Score

#3 eBookers.com Logo eBookers.com ›

7.2

Overall
Score

#10 Kayak Logo Kayak

5.6

Overall
Score

The Good

• Information from thousands of sites
  • Travel accommodations
  • Search functionalities
  • Mobile app

Information From Thousands of Sites

In an attempt to provide travelers with the most reliable results, Kayak pulls information from thousands of travel sites and compiles them in a way that is easy to sort through and book.

Travel Accommodations

Kayak allows travelers to book their entire trip using its platform. For example, consumers have the ability to book flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles through Kayak. Additionally, the company provides a number of helpful tools and resources, including the following:

• Kayak Trips - Allows travelers to save search results, as well as manage and share their itineraries
  • Explore and Price Forecast - Travelers can track prices and stay organized in order to book at the perfect time
  • Flight Tracker - Track and receive notifications for flight price changes and check in for flights while traveling

Search Functionalities

There are several useful search functionalities on Kayak's website. Travelers are able to find affordable accommodations at some of the most popular travel destinations in the world by using Kayak's price and customer rating filters. Users may also filter based on location.

Mobile App

The Kayak mobile app, which has been downloaded over 40 million times, is available for both Apple and Android devices. The app is free and allows travelers to search thousands of travel sites at one time, receive alerts about price changes, and access mobile-only deals. Users can also use the app to manage their trips while on the go.

The Bad

• No unique rewards program
  • Website

No Unique Rewards Program

There is not necessarily an incentive for frequent travelers to continue to use Kayak to book their accommodations, as it appears that the company does not offer its own unique rewards program. Typically, travel agencies will allow travelers to earn points or cash back for each dollar they spent on various accommodations. However, it appears that Kayak does not offer its own rewards program or points system for those that use its site.

Website

Kayak's website seems to be a bit cluttered at times. There is a lot going on, making it somewhat difficult for users to navigate to important features and information.

The Bottom Line

Consumers can use Kayak's search functionalities to pull information on flights, hotels, rental cars, cruises, and vacation bundles from thousands of sites. Travelers may also use the company's mobile app to book accommodations and view itineraries on the go. However, Kayak does not appear to offer its own rewards program and it's website can be a bit difficult to navigate at times.

All in all, Kayak may be a good travel booking site to consider if you want to book all of your accommodations in one place and don't mind the lack of a rewards program.

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT

Kayak is a great resource if you are looking for one place to book everything for your trips. I definitely plan on using their flight tracker again!

November 6th, 2017 Reno, NV DETAILS

I love Kayak! I always find the lowest price here, every time that I search for a hotel. I have never had an issue with my reservations or bookings either.

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I like using kayak for price checkin from other travel website. I like finding the best prices that I can and kayak does exactly that. Their website is simple and easy to use.

June 8th, 2017 Sandy, UT

We have been happy with Kayak. We have been able to find some good deals. I feel like they do a good representation of their deals. No misleading. No complaints.

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I like using Kayak because it compares the other travel sites for me so I don't have to. So I know where I am getting the best deal. I definitely always go here before I book my travel.