Google Flights Logo

8.0

LAST UPDATED: November 15th, 2021

Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Go Directly to Google Flights Customer Reviews

Airbnb Logo
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
Expedia Logo
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Janan from Utah

"I love to find travel deals. One of my pastimes is to get on Google flights and put in some available dates and then choose the world and see where we could go. This year alone I have used Google flights to book our trip to Paris, France, San Diego and Hawaii. I also have used it within the United States. What I like about Google Flights is that you can put in certain dates and then choose the map to see what is cheap. Google flights is my favorite search engine for travel."

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

I first discovered google flights just searching a destination airport in their browser to be pleasantly surprised by a virtual travel agent if you want to call it that. Gives you the flights and prices of them from all the competitors in a simple search. Easy to find the cheapest air this way in no time flat. No need to go to each website to search individually.

aserbacher Tallahassee, FL

Whenever I am looking to buy a flight, the first place I go is google flights because I know they will show all airlines and the best deals for each. I found my flights from Florence to Bari this summer using Google flights when I was studying abroad in Italy.

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

Google flights allows me to find the best rates possible for my flights! This is one of my favorite websites and its so easy to use too! They also have great customer service, as their employees are very helpful.

Kara Turkson Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is what I use to compare flight prices since it's usually the first thing that pops up. The slider bar about the typical price of a flight is incredibly helpful and one of my favorite features. Price gouging is real though, so you have to check in an incognito browser but that's with any travel site.

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is great for looking at flights available across different airlines. I always find the best price on flights through here. Easy to use and easy to look through

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

What I love most about Google Flights is that I am able to see the breakdown of every possible flight going to/coming from my intended destination. Sometimes I find that other flight search engines are biased towards certain airlines, but Google shows everything - even lesser known airlines! I get the best flight for the best price without feeling like I've been cheated out of another option. I use it to find/compare all of of my flights when I'm traveling!

TTeep Smithfield, UT

Whenever I'm going anywhere by plane I start with Google Flights. I like that it lists most airlines (I don't seem to get Southwest even though they have them listed). I like the abilities to check different dates in several ways for the lowest price. I like how you can then just link to the airline to book the flight (I always book directly, and I'm assuming that they have a deal to get paid for the links).

Hannah Barth Tallahassee, FL

I use Google Flights when ever I need to fly out. I love that they show you the best prices of flights based on your departure or arrival date!

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Google Flights has the cheapest flights and plane tickets on the market! Great resource to regularly check fluctuating flight prices.

Kel Zirod

For some reasons, anytime I typed in Akron, oh, I’m presented with Cleveland Ohio, whatever I do. Why doesn’t it make sure I get what I inscribed in the search? It’s like the program is made such that it provides me with what it thinks, instead of what I ask for. In other words, my experience has been really bad

keiontai henry Tallahassee, FL

Google flights make trip planning so much easier when it comes to finding tickets for a flight!

r vido Provo, UT

Google made it so easy to find cheap flights when I went to college and every time I went back home. Very organized and simple

Jenetta E Provo, UT

Personally, I hate searching from website to website to find cheap flights, so it's nice that google flights allows you to look in just one place while also being a website that I trust. I do wish they included a few more of the cheap, more discount airlines like Allegiant.

Jade Knowles Tallahassee, FL

Google flights was a great experience! I was able to find cheap flights for my family vacation just like that. I just had to enter my departure and arrival destinations and my specific vacation dates. Google flights is very easy to use and give you great prices for flights.

Corbin Short ,

Google Flights is just really easy to use for a quick search. Although when I was using it, Southwest Airlines was not a part of it and they often have the best deals and are my favorite airline. So it's been hard to use recently for that reason. What I like most is the easy to use interface even when I am just tracking a flight. Anything on Google always interacts very well with your whole online environment.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Learning about Google Flights from a friend changed my life. Getting the best price on plane tickets is so simple and centralized! I love that I no longer have to go hunting for hours through countless tabs of different airlines to compare prices. When I had to buy a last minute flight hours before needing to leave, I was able to look one up in seconds for a screaming deal! This makes booking a spontaneous flight so easy!

The Bean Spiller Provo, UT

Great for finding cheap flights and comparing rates between airlines. Very flexible and easy to use no matter the date or the location.

Alicia Turner Denver, CO

Google flights allows for you to compare flights and find the cheapest options. It can be hard to figure out on mobile devices but really does help you find the best deals.

Kiran Zaidi Bartlett, IL

I was booking a trip to Jamaica and on google flight it showed there are roundtrips available from Friday to Monday via Spirit airlines. I reserved my resort and then rechecked google flight and same round trip ticket was said to be available via Sprit airline. I try to book it and on Spirit airline it said no return flights available on Monday. I was forced to buy two separate tickets to and from Chicago and ended up getting a return ticket on Sunday. I already paid the resort for three nights and now I have to be back on Sunday! I not only paid more money on separate tickets for two but also lost money that I paid for the resort. On top of that when I called a so called Google flight customer service number the lady picked up the phone and yelled and shut the phone on me....so much for the customer service!! By the way when I checked at night again for a roundtrip for same trip itinerary google flight still showed me return tickets available on Monday via Spirit and Spirit said no availability,

Jessica Mendez Clarksburg, MD

I like that you can track flights to see when to get the best price. However, I have issues booking through google and find it easier to just do it straight through the airline.

Nancy Naples, FL

Google Flights is wonderful...But, beware there is a site that isn't connected to the Real Google that is a scam called Googleflights They offer International flights for RSW to Heathrow by phone for $540.00 (Business class) AA, They want your credit info on the call and don't accept CC by phone...DO NOT GIVE THEM BANK TRANSFER INFORMATION!!

Bing Yeung Riverton, UT

Google flights show amazing deals if you pick the right time. It's where I get the general price range for the places I want to go. Easy to access and compare prices for dates and flying companies. I have been using it for years.

Blake Hirschi Salt Lake City, UT

a very convenient way to compare flights across a large range of companies. They also have nifty features like being able to filter for what services you want. They give you options like longer but cheaper or more expensive but smaller layovers. Very efficacious to have all the information in one place.

Heather Greenburg ,

I go to Google flights as my first check when I am looking for flights. I used the Google flights search map and planned our Europe trip to different countries. We were able to see the cost of flights to many different cities at once and choose the least expensive flight combinations. It was a great way to plan a more cost-effective trip!

Cali M Roy, UT

This has been my go to site whenever I want to book a trip. I have been able to find seriously great deals through google flights. Sometimes I like to browse the site just for fun to see how cheap of flights I can find!! Highly recommend if you are ever planning on flying.

Tommy McCarlie Chicago, IL

I've done a lot of traveling and Google flights is the best flight aggregator in my mind -- I consistently find the best deals on Google flights. Though I've used Kayak and other competitors in the past I now prefer Google flights.

David Martin San Diego, CA

Google Flights is my favorite way to check for the best deal on flights. I love the way their site is laid out and it makes it really easy for me to select my flight dates based on when the flights will be cheapest. It is great for comparing prices across carriers and prices across different dates. I never book a flight without checking Google Flights first.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

RodrigoRamirez Austin, TX

Google flights is awesome. I believe the main reason why I enjoy using google flights is the fact they give you an option to track prices and send me email notifications when prices have changed (lower or higher). There has been times I forgot all about a trip I wanted to go on until notified of a lower discounted price and resulted in a vacation! Thanks.

Summer Porter Managua, MN

When used on 'incognito mode,' Google Flights has always provided me with up-to-date flights ranked beginning at their cheapest prices. It is convenient because when you put in your expected travel dates, it will give you an average price range according to those specific dates. You can even purchase flights directly through the site. It is quite convenient.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Google Flights is one of my favorite places to find deals on airfare. I love that you can put in your destination and dates and with the simple calendar that we are all used to seeing, you can instantly see the pricing. This is especially nice if you are flexible with your travel dates. Google Flights is a free service so you don't have to pay to find the deals!

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

This company is the lifesavers candy for me in my life. I have traveled quite a bit over the past 3 years and this tool has helped me immensely especially as late to find the best prices for flights and the cheapest days to fly. I don't think that I would have been able to travel the way that I have to visit close family members without the help of this tool. It has saved me hours and hours of research. I would recommend it to everybody!

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Google Flights to book airfare several times and I love how they try and find me the cheapest route possible. It is both informative and helpful at the same time. The search engine is easy to use by entering times and dates and I like the way the prices come up on the scream from cheapest to most expensive. Great site to find flights.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

Started using google flight recently! I love that I can track prices easily and book when the prices are at their lowest! I booked a couple flights (one from Portland to Colorado and back, and one to France for 4 people) and I got great rates. It was very easy to not only track the rates, but see them on a calendar to help chose the dates with the best rates. The actual booking will take you to the cheapest site directly and the rates shown by google always include taxes and fees which is a use plus! You pay exactly what you were expecting to pay!

Isabelle Teeples Smithfield, UT

I really like using google flights. It is easy to use and easy to figure out. They have a lot of options of airlines and I really like it!

Taylor Larson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I like Google Flights because the site feels organized and clean. I like how it's easy to compare prices with different dates of your trip.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I enjoy the fact that I can view many possible travel destinations. Google Flights makes choosing a travel destination much easier!

A E B Damascus, MD

Price alerts for your flight ticket price on your phone with googleflightsblog.com, you can turn on price tracking to monitor flights around-the-clock. You'll get an email when prices increase or drop dramatically.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Google flights is so easy to use. It compares several airlines without having to choose a site directly. I was able to find a flight to Hawaii at an incredibly low rate.

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I've used Google Flights to compare prices on flights. It's easy to use and lets you know if you are getting the best deal. It's a very good, trustworthy resource that makes traveling just a little bit easier.

Hayley Lambdin Orem, UT

Google Flights is freaking amazing. I love how simple they make it for me to look up all different prices for flights I am interested in. I use Google Flights every time I am searching for a new trip.

Alex Murphy Reno, NV

Google flights is amazing. It searches other websites to get you the best prices and does all the work for you! You can also set price trackers that let you know when the price drops.

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I always always come here whenever I need to check flight prices. Although they do not partner with all airlines, it is a super useful website. You cannot book with google flights. I like the calendar of flights so when I am flexible with travel dates, I can check other dates to see what is cheaper.

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

Google flights makes it so easy to find any flight and compare prices. I love the layout of pricing and selecting your date/location. It makes it so easy to compare flights and find the right one.

Holly Magnusson ,

Literally the easiest way to plan my trip myself. I was told by others about some "cheaper" airlines not advertised on google flights. So I checked them out compared prices, and I found the best deals with google.

Ellie Olea Chandler, AZ

I would not have been able to find an affordable flight to Hawaii without google flights. I am so thankful for this company for allowing me to see all the other airlines as well.

Katrina Breithaupt Provo, UT

Google Flights is one of the sites I use to compare prices when I am booking flights (usually international flights) and they are a good baseline price to compare to but I usually end up purchasing my actual tickets through other sources since Google Flights are generally a little more expensive and sometimes hard to find a good deal on.

murfday College Station, TX

Easy to use to compare flight prices between multiple airlines. It is easy to see price trends each week/month. I like that you can sign up for alerts to track specific flights.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

One of the simplest, easiest to navigate resources for finding flights. Compares all options side by side and directs you to the proper link to purchase the flights with just a few more clicks.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is my go to site to compare prices before i purchase an airline ticket. It is pretty comprehensive. You cant see Southwest airline and Allegiant airline prices but that is the only downside.