Google Flights Logo

7.9

Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Go Directly to Google Flights Customer Reviews

Airbnb Logo
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
Expedia Logo
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.6

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Janan from Utah

"I love to find travel deals. One of my pastimes is to get on Google flights and put in some available dates and then choose the world and see where we could go. This year alone I have used Google flights to book our trip to Paris, France, San Diego and Hawaii. I also have used it within the United States. What I like about Google Flights is that you can put in certain dates and then choose the map to see what is cheap. Google flights is my favorite search engine for travel."

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Jenetta E Provo, UT

Personally, I hate searching from website to website to find cheap flights, so it's nice that google flights allows you to look in just one place while also being a website that I trust. I do wish they included a few more of the cheap, more discount airlines like Allegiant.

Jade Knowles Tallahassee, FL

Google flights was a great experience! I was able to find cheap flights for my family vacation just like that. I just had to enter my departure and arrival destinations and my specific vacation dates. Google flights is very easy to use and give you great prices for flights.

Kiran Zaidi Bartlett, IL

I was booking a trip to Jamaica and on google flight it showed there are roundtrips available from Friday to Monday via Spirit airlines. I reserved my resort and then rechecked google flight and same round trip ticket was said to be available via Sprit airline. I try to book it and on Spirit airline it said no return flights available on Monday. I was forced to buy two separate tickets to and from Chicago and ended up getting a return ticket on Sunday. I already paid the resort for three nights and now I have to be back on Sunday! I not only paid more money on separate tickets for two but also lost money that I paid for the resort. On top of that when I called a so called Google flight customer service number the lady picked up the phone and yelled and shut the phone on me....so much for the customer service!! By the way when I checked at night again for a roundtrip for same trip itinerary google flight still showed me return tickets available on Monday via Spirit and Spirit said no availability,

Jessica Mendez Clarksburg, MD

I like that you can track flights to see when to get the best price. However, I have issues booking through google and find it easier to just do it straight through the airline.

Taylor Larson Nakhon Sawan, 60

I like Google Flights because the site feels organized and clean. I like how it's easy to compare prices with different dates of your trip.

Jodianna Maitland, FL

I enjoy the fact that I can view many possible travel destinations. Google Flights makes choosing a travel destination much easier!

A E B Damascus, MD

Price alerts for your flight ticket price on your phone with googleflightsblog.com, you can turn on price tracking to monitor flights around-the-clock. You'll get an email when prices increase or drop dramatically.

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

Google flights is so easy to use. It compares several airlines without having to choose a site directly. I was able to find a flight to Hawaii at an incredibly low rate.

Bing Yeung Riverton, UT

Google flights show amazing deals if you pick the right time. It's where I get the general price range for the places I want to go. Easy to access and compare prices for dates and flying companies. I have been using it for years.

Corbin Short ,

Google Flights is just really easy to use for a quick search. Although when I was using it, Southwest Airlines was not a part of it and they often have the best deals and are my favorite airline. So it's been hard to use recently for that reason. What I like most is the easy to use interface even when I am just tracking a flight. Anything on Google always interacts very well with your whole online environment.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Learning about Google Flights from a friend changed my life. Getting the best price on plane tickets is so simple and centralized! I love that I no longer have to go hunting for hours through countless tabs of different airlines to compare prices. When I had to buy a last minute flight hours before needing to leave, I was able to look one up in seconds for a screaming deal! This makes booking a spontaneous flight so easy!

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

Google flights makes it so easy to find any flight and compare prices. I love the layout of pricing and selecting your date/location. It makes it so easy to compare flights and find the right one.

Holly Magnusson ,

Literally the easiest way to plan my trip myself. I was told by others about some "cheaper" airlines not advertised on google flights. So I checked them out compared prices, and I found the best deals with google.

Ellie Olea Chandler, AZ

I would not have been able to find an affordable flight to Hawaii without google flights. I am so thankful for this company for allowing me to see all the other airlines as well.

Katrina Breithaupt Provo, UT

Google Flights is one of the sites I use to compare prices when I am booking flights (usually international flights) and they are a good baseline price to compare to but I usually end up purchasing my actual tickets through other sources since Google Flights are generally a little more expensive and sometimes hard to find a good deal on.

murfday College Station, TX

Easy to use to compare flight prices between multiple airlines. It is easy to see price trends each week/month. I like that you can sign up for alerts to track specific flights.

Heather Greenburg ,

I go to Google flights as my first check when I am looking for flights. I used the Google flights search map and planned our Europe trip to different countries. We were able to see the cost of flights to many different cities at once and choose the least expensive flight combinations. It was a great way to plan a more cost-effective trip!

Cali M Roy, UT

This has been my go to site whenever I want to book a trip. I have been able to find seriously great deals through google flights. Sometimes I like to browse the site just for fun to see how cheap of flights I can find!! Highly recommend if you are ever planning on flying.

Tommy McCarlie Chicago, IL

I've done a lot of traveling and Google flights is the best flight aggregator in my mind -- I consistently find the best deals on Google flights. Though I've used Kayak and other competitors in the past I now prefer Google flights.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Flights is a very convenient tool. I like how it tells you the range of prices and tickets depending what airport you use. I definitely use this a lot because I'm planning a trip to Japan soon, and it helps me figure out my prices, the cheapest hotels, and what airport I'm going to use

Raquel San Jose, CA

Google Flights has the easiest site to navigate to look for the cheapest flights. The interface is user-friendly and gives all flights that can be filtered by duration of travel, how many stops, departure time and arrival time, and of course, price. I use Google Flights before I go on any trip to make sure I get the best price possible.

David Martin San Diego, CA

Google Flights is my favorite way to check for the best deal on flights. I love the way their site is laid out and it makes it really easy for me to select my flight dates based on when the flights will be cheapest. It is great for comparing prices across carriers and prices across different dates. I never book a flight without checking Google Flights first.

Brycen Blater Provo, UT

Super great way to compare flights between different airlines and select the best times/prices.

Tracy McMillan Orem, UT

I love that on google flights I can have a calendar that compares flight prices and that I can also be notified of price changes. Makes shopping for flights so much easier!

applebutteranna Butler West Wendover, NV

I feel like google flights is a great place to find all the flights. They compile all of the flight services and they put all the options in one place for you.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is my go to site to compare prices before i purchase an airline ticket. It is pretty comprehensive. You cant see Southwest airline and Allegiant airline prices but that is the only downside.

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

Google flights is a great way to compare flights and see when they peak etc. It's been useful to help advise when to buy. I never buy the flights through the site but I compare and go direct to airlines.

Karson Greenburg Salt Lake City, UT

Google Flights links me to so many different websites that I almost always find the cheapest flight through it. I fly domestically very frequently and Google Flights has always been my go to simply out of convenience and simplicity.

Picnicky82 Logan, UT

Every time I have booked a flight I use google flights. It is so easy to look for cheap flights without using a specific destination. I have gotten more cheap flights than I can count.

Maverick Denhalter Salt Lake City, UT

They you have a very user-friendly interface.It is really easy to find what price it will be to fly with multiple people, unlike most places that try to hide the cost of multiple people they only showing you what it would cost with one.

Chelsea Bishop Las Vegas, NV

I really like how Google Flights is an easy access tool to compare flights from different providers. I always like to check there before I book! The month tool is my favorite way to see when we should travel.

Nancy Naples, FL

Google Flights is wonderful...But, beware there is a site that isn't connected to the Real Google that is a scam called Googleflights They offer International flights for RSW to Heathrow by phone for $540.00 (Business class) AA, They want your credit info on the call and don't accept CC by phone...DO NOT GIVE THEM BANK TRANSFER INFORMATION!!

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is a super great service that I would recommend to anyone! They have this cool feature where you can look at the monthly view of a calendar and see price information for each day of that month, which I find really useful for finalizing trip dates!

Dayna Salt Lake City, UT

Google Flights is by far the easiest way to search for the cheapest flights. It makes it very easy to see what dates and times are my best options. We have a very flexible schedule when we travel so I love the ease of being able to mix up the dates to find the best deal.

AF ,

Good flights has been a great way to 'shop' for flights. I like being able to browse by your home airport and just see how much flights are in various locations (the map is easy to view). It's also easy to see which airline you would choose too. Very easy to use and helpful!

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

Great resource to find the right economical flight needed! Whether you're looking for the cheapest flight, or a specific airline that you're a medallion member of, google flights search option provides such an easy experience to pick the right flight!

Erna Valcin Tallahassee, FL

It is very helpful when trying to find the best dates to go on a trip.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

RodrigoRamirez Austin, TX

Google flights is awesome. I believe the main reason why I enjoy using google flights is the fact they give you an option to track prices and send me email notifications when prices have changed (lower or higher). There has been times I forgot all about a trip I wanted to go on until notified of a lower discounted price and resulted in a vacation! Thanks.

Summer Porter Managua, MN

When used on 'incognito mode,' Google Flights has always provided me with up-to-date flights ranked beginning at their cheapest prices. It is convenient because when you put in your expected travel dates, it will give you an average price range according to those specific dates. You can even purchase flights directly through the site. It is quite convenient.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Google Flights is one of my favorite places to find deals on airfare. I love that you can put in your destination and dates and with the simple calendar that we are all used to seeing, you can instantly see the pricing. This is especially nice if you are flexible with your travel dates. Google Flights is a free service so you don't have to pay to find the deals!

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

This company is the lifesavers candy for me in my life. I have traveled quite a bit over the past 3 years and this tool has helped me immensely especially as late to find the best prices for flights and the cheapest days to fly. I don't think that I would have been able to travel the way that I have to visit close family members without the help of this tool. It has saved me hours and hours of research. I would recommend it to everybody!

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Google Flights to book airfare several times and I love how they try and find me the cheapest route possible. It is both informative and helpful at the same time. The search engine is easy to use by entering times and dates and I like the way the prices come up on the scream from cheapest to most expensive. Great site to find flights.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

Started using google flight recently! I love that I can track prices easily and book when the prices are at their lowest! I booked a couple flights (one from Portland to Colorado and back, and one to France for 4 people) and I got great rates. It was very easy to not only track the rates, but see them on a calendar to help chose the dates with the best rates. The actual booking will take you to the cheapest site directly and the rates shown by google always include taxes and fees which is a use plus! You pay exactly what you were expecting to pay!

Mario ,

Great app for a busy people who want to be in touch with flights price policy and generally stay on top and catch all of the great possibilities.

Wilinda Sylvestre Tallahassee, FL

Google flights help me find the best flight for my trip at the most affordable prices. I love using them when planning a trip!

Eban Beltran Arlington, TX

One of the three sites I use for travel every time I have a trip. So glad Google decided to get into this space with a great free service!

Stephanie Bullough Bountiful, UT

By far the best way to find flights that fit your timeline and budget! Would choose this service over any other hands down every time!

Kyle Provo, UT

Love love love Google flights. I adore the "notify me" options to keep an eye on price changes. Just wish they had Southwest in the algorithm.

Karen DeMann ,

I love using google flights to search. I enjoy using the date grid to plug in possible dates. I think it is a great way to find the best flights for your individual needs.