Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Go Directly to Google Flights Customer Reviews

#1 CheapOAir chevron_right
4.1
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Janan from Utah

"I love to find travel deals. One of my pastimes is to get on Google flights and put in some available dates and then choose the world and see where we could go. This year alone I have used Google flights to book our trip to Paris, France, San Diego and Hawaii. I also have used it within the United States. What I like about Google Flights is that you can put in certain dates and then choose the map to see what is cheap. Google flights is my favorite search engine for travel."

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Bryan Jensen

April 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use google for everything else, why not flights? Searches all the different carriers and finds the best price

Rocio Diaz

March 20th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google flight is a great resource to find prices of flights long-term and find out when flights are at their highest or lowest price. Also, Google makes it extremely easy to book your flight.

tayloralexis

March 17th, 2020 Glendora, CA

I think this gives you the best possible prices for flights and is easy to navigate through.

Myken

March 12th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I use Google Flights to search for all our airfare needs! It’s so easy and I appreciate being able to see rates daily for months at a time. It’s a great service that always helps me get the best deal.

Theodore Niemann

March 11th, 2020 Boulder, CO

I love using google flights to find the cheapest flights. It's extremely easy to use and allows you to book with different airlines, which makes it much cheaper to travel on the days that you want to travel.

Sarah Mercival

March 9th, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

You can find round trips for as low as 200 dollars. If your booking a flight you can also book hotel reservations and plan to visit many landmarks and recreational events.

DeeDee G.

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Shows you flights, but doesnt show accurate prices sometimes. If you look on certain cities you can find cheaper flights

Seth Boudoin

March 7th, 2020 ,

Great for showing me the best flight times and the times of which I can pay with the best prices.

Msindoni

March 6th, 2020 Pembroke Pines, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have done some experimentation and found that Google Flights really does show you the cheapest option out there. That's the first place I look when looking for flights.

Janan Grange

March 6th, 2020 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

russbayles

March 4th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When I’m searching for a flight, google flights is the first place I go. Makes it so easy to get the best prices in a hurry.

Dwhoush

March 4th, 2020 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anytime I book a flight, I use google flights. The ability to look at several companies all at without all the ads is really helpful. The ability to also see prices by day is great as well!

Janie Dennis

March 4th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love this search engine for flights! It really helps you find the cheapest flights!

Jim Nash

March 4th, 2020 Vaughan, ON DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Experienced the worst "bait and switch" I have ever come across. When i tried to book the flight itinerary that google flights listed, the price difference from what Google flights quotes and the sites where the price is supposedly from is over $250 more per ticket. What a scam!

kaylee

March 2nd, 2020 Tremonton, UT

Really good and easy to use. They do a great job showing the dates and prices, and I like them showing the price trends so you know if it’s a good time to buy or if you should wait

JamieD

February 28th, 2020 Saratoga Springs, UT

Google flights has saved me so many times on flights. The site is quick and easy to use and I consistently find the cheapest flights there

take7

February 27th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY

Omg hidden gem, or not but I feel like I am always winning when I use google flights to find travel for myself and my family. It is easy to navigate and snapshots of costs at airlines all in one click and screen. Prices and deals are great and the airlines available are some of the best ones.

LF

February 25th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love using google. It’s the main one used in our household and on my phone. Most reliable and easy to use.

mccandless24

February 24th, 2020 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have felt really satisfied with the information I have received when booking through google flights. It shows me the prices for flights as well as the outlook of that price as in if there is a chance it will go down or if the price is a good deal etc.

David T

February 23rd, 2020 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like using google flights to find the cheapest flights based on a calendar month.

Audrey Mitchell

February 21st, 2020 Managua, MN

Google Flights has been awesome when first looking into flights and pricing. They have up to date flights and pricing which is helpful.

Nichole Hiatt

February 20th, 2020 Eagle Mountain, UT

I love looking up flight prices with Google Flights. The layout is super clean and easy to compare different dates with, and the information is always accurate.

M N

February 19th, 2020 Kaysville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my favorite travel site. I watch my destination close with flexible dates or set alerts. Used it to find great prices to Brazil, Europe, and Hawaii.

Hallieford

February 18th, 2020 Arlington, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Our family loves google flights for always checking the cheapest flight options.

Amy Christian

February 17th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Anytime I look for a flight, I START with google flights. Then once I see what price/schedule looks best I go directly to the airlines website. I like that it is an overall view of all flights compared to eachother. Makes it SO much easier to find options all in the same place.

Reckholdt

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT

Google flights is so simple and easy to use. I love that I can track the prices of flights of several airlines so easily. It has made trip planning a lot easier and more convenient.

Roche

February 11th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google travel is pretty helpful, I have found affordable air flight and hotel accommodation as needed.

RodrigoRamirez

February 11th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google flights is awesome. I believe the main reason why I enjoy using google flights is the fact they give you an option to track prices and send me email notifications when prices have changed (lower or higher). There has been times I forgot all about a trip I wanted to go on until notified of a lower discounted price and resulted in a vacation! Thanks.

Jenna Bagley

February 10th, 2020 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I always look on Google flights first before any other site when looking to book a flight, they show the cheapest flights and have an easy interface to customize my options.

Amanda

February 7th, 2020 Montebello, CA

Google flights has helped me find really great deals for domestic flights. There are a ton of options for me.

Mhorne182

February 6th, 2020 West Valley City, UT

Google flights is awesome. Easy to Find good deals in whatever area you are looking. Fun service to okay around with too

Summer Porter

February 1st, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When used on 'incognito mode,' Google Flights has always provided me with up-to-date flights ranked beginning at their cheapest prices. It is convenient because when you put in your expected travel dates, it will give you an average price range according to those specific dates. You can even purchase flights directly through the site. It is quite convenient.

Bryndie

January 30th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The best place I’ve found to find cheap flights. The calendar option makes it super easy to see if certain days you’re available would save you money if you flew then instead

Seth

January 29th, 2020 Managua, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To keep it simple they just have the most accurate and cheapest fights anywhere. I don’t have anything bad to say and I have bought tons of flights from off there services.

Cam McClellan

January 27th, 2020 Magna, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like using Google flights to be able to see in her calendar when they are forgets the cheapest if we are flexible your travel time.

Debbie Fish

January 12th, 2020 Biloxi, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Probably the best first stop for shopping for airline tickets. It’s so easy to compare flights and make decisions on which is best for your needs.

Jane Hupe

January 11th, 2020

Used to be good and I used many times for the research of flights but recently a scam is there... after we choose the flights and confirm the return flight we move the page and the price almost doubles... and a note appears “ unfortunately the flights that you have seen in the previous page changed”... yes, indeed, very unfortunate for a flight price searching tool... But it is still in the search if you do again and in the calendar... so it is a big misleading exercise... I took photos but here we cannot attach them... the price went from 945$ to 1564$ ... I tried other flights and the same was happening. So... we cannot trust it anymore... Shame...

Brooke L

January 1st, 2020 South Jordan, UT

Google flights seems to have a great setup. We have searched for flights here several times and appreciate the deals offered here.

Jacob

December 30th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Flights has saved me so much money! I love being able to set tracking and alerts to get the best deals and have it all saved in one place.

Michelle W

December 16th, 2019 Coraopolis, PA

This is sooo helpful when planning a trip and looking at flight times. I use this function all of the time first before I decide how long I'm going for my trip. Super awesome feature.

Roman Christiansen

December 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Flights helped me find affordable flights that fit perfectly into my busy schedule!

Daphne Brown

November 25th, 2019 Riverton, UT

I like that I can see options and flights but I never seem to get the best deals. I have to start here and finish on other websites.

Nathan D.

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Google Flights is a good option when you are in a rush to book a flight and find the best options

Amanda

November 15th, 2019 Warrendale, PA

I feel like google flights is the most straight forward flight search platform. No ads distracting you and misleading you.

Megan A McEvoy

November 15th, 2019 Tallahassee, FL

Google Flights is helpful for sorting out flight prices and the best times to fly, however I find that it does not always provide you with the cheapest flying options. I wish it was a little bit more accurate with costs of flights, and more tailored towards finding cost effective flights.

Nicole Cinquino

November 15th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very reliable and fast to use! One of my best options when searching for flights

Alexis DuQuesnay

November 15th, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL

Amazing corporation! Top-notch service with excellent speed. Would definitely utilize this resource again!

Tony

November 11th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Found some of the best flight deals using Google. Easy easy easy to find the best deals with multiple airlines.

Brittany Wilkinson

November 9th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used Google Flights to compare prices on flights. It's easy to use and lets you know if you are getting the best deal. It's a very good, trustworthy resource that makes traveling just a little bit easier.

Desi

October 17th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Flights tell you how long it takes to get to your destination and it also tells you how much it costs too. It's super convenient and helpful I feel like. That way you'll now when it's easier to book your flight. I was traveling out of the country and I used this and it's pretty accurate!