Google Flights Logo

7.6

LAST UPDATED: February 24th, 2022

Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Go Directly to Google Flights Customer Reviews

Airbnb Logo
#1 Airbnb chevron_right
Vrbo Logo
#3 Vrbo chevron_right
TripAdvisor Logo
#4 TripAdvisor chevron_right

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Janan from Utah

"I love to find travel deals. One of my pastimes is to get on Google flights and put in some available dates and then choose the world and see where we could go. This year alone I have used Google flights to book our trip to Paris, France, San Diego and Hawaii. I also have used it within the United States. What I like about Google Flights is that you can put in certain dates and then choose the map to see what is cheap. Google flights is my favorite search engine for travel."

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Megan Union, NJ

I love the ease of access with which I can use Google flights. I can easily see the cheapest flights for a range of dates, and there's even data on COVID-19 trends in the area that I am seeking to travel to. Sometimes, though, I think I am able to find cheaper flights elsewhere. However, Google Flights is still super convenient.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

I first discovered google flights just searching a destination airport in their browser to be pleasantly surprised by a virtual travel agent if you want to call it that. Gives you the flights and prices of them from all the competitors in a simple search. Easy to find the cheapest air this way in no time flat. No need to go to each website to search individually.

Vy Ha Birmingham, AL

Before I was always worried about booking flights on a mobile device due to how much trouble I have with technology. However the steps to booking a flight are very clear with Google flights and I like that you can compare rates between other travel routes and get the best prices for your flight booking

J B Sandy, UT

Google Flights was recommended to be by a friend when I was having a hard time finding a good price on a direct flight. I can't believe it took me this long to find them. They had a number of options available that I didn't find anywhere else.

Terrah Anderson Herriman, UT

I use Google flights to monitor all of the future air travel plans. I love how you can set up alert to notify you of price changes. It is helpful to see the pricing across all the airlines, and use the calendar to find the cheapest days to fly.

Hijah Smith Tallahassee, FL

I love that Google Flights puts all available flights to and from your destination all in one place. The filters are very helpful in finding the cheapest, shortest, and best flights for your trips. I have always used Google to look up and book flights because it has an easy interface and it is trustworthy.

Bryan Peterson Herriman, UT

I used Google flights to monitor trips to France. I was notified of a deal and i took advantage of that deal. A few hours later, the deal was gone. I'm so glad I used it i was able to take a trip of a lifetime

Shopman Herriman, UT

So quick and easy. Google Flights makes it a breeze to find the flight that is right for me. You can request for them to send you price alerts when the price changes. The only downside is they will not show you Southwest Flights.

aserbacher Tallahassee, FL

Whenever I am looking to buy a flight, the first place I go is google flights because I know they will show all airlines and the best deals for each. I found my flights from Florence to Bari this summer using Google flights when I was studying abroad in Italy.

abw fsu Tallahassee, FL

What I love most about Google Flights is that I am able to see the breakdown of every possible flight going to/coming from my intended destination. Sometimes I find that other flight search engines are biased towards certain airlines, but Google shows everything - even lesser known airlines! I get the best flight for the best price without feeling like I've been cheated out of another option. I use it to find/compare all of of my flights when I'm traveling!

TTeep Smithfield, UT

Whenever I'm going anywhere by plane I start with Google Flights. I like that it lists most airlines (I don't seem to get Southwest even though they have them listed). I like the abilities to check different dates in several ways for the lowest price. I like how you can then just link to the airline to book the flight (I always book directly, and I'm assuming that they have a deal to get paid for the links).

Jordan Bell Orem, UT

Google flights is great, it seamlessly integrates with my phone and reminds me of times and keeps me updated with any flight changes! I love it

emblair Herriman, UT

Love the deals I've found through Google Flights! And love how they keep track of my whole trip and send me info about the destination as it gets close.

Nashali Vescovacci Fort White, FL

Google flights allows me to find the best rates possible for my flights! This is one of my favorite websites and its so easy to use too! They also have great customer service, as their employees are very helpful.

Kara Turkson Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is what I use to compare flight prices since it's usually the first thing that pops up. The slider bar about the typical price of a flight is incredibly helpful and one of my favorite features. Price gouging is real though, so you have to check in an incognito browser but that's with any travel site.

Nancy Naples, FL

Google Flights is wonderful...But, beware there is a site that isn't connected to the Real Google that is a scam called Googleflights They offer International flights for RSW to Heathrow by phone for $540.00 (Business class) AA, They want your credit info on the call and don't accept CC by phone...DO NOT GIVE THEM BANK TRANSFER INFORMATION!!

Corbin Short ,

Google Flights is just really easy to use for a quick search. Although when I was using it, Southwest Airlines was not a part of it and they often have the best deals and are my favorite airline. So it's been hard to use recently for that reason. What I like most is the easy to use interface even when I am just tracking a flight. Anything on Google always interacts very well with your whole online environment.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Learning about Google Flights from a friend changed my life. Getting the best price on plane tickets is so simple and centralized! I love that I no longer have to go hunting for hours through countless tabs of different airlines to compare prices. When I had to buy a last minute flight hours before needing to leave, I was able to look one up in seconds for a screaming deal! This makes booking a spontaneous flight so easy!

David Martin San Diego, CA

Google Flights is my favorite way to check for the best deal on flights. I love the way their site is laid out and it makes it really easy for me to select my flight dates based on when the flights will be cheapest. It is great for comparing prices across carriers and prices across different dates. I never book a flight without checking Google Flights first.

Janan Grange Pleasant Grove, UT

RodrigoRamirez Austin, TX

Google flights is awesome. I believe the main reason why I enjoy using google flights is the fact they give you an option to track prices and send me email notifications when prices have changed (lower or higher). There has been times I forgot all about a trip I wanted to go on until notified of a lower discounted price and resulted in a vacation! Thanks.

Summer Porter Managua, MN

When used on 'incognito mode,' Google Flights has always provided me with up-to-date flights ranked beginning at their cheapest prices. It is convenient because when you put in your expected travel dates, it will give you an average price range according to those specific dates. You can even purchase flights directly through the site. It is quite convenient.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

Google Flights is one of my favorite places to find deals on airfare. I love that you can put in your destination and dates and with the simple calendar that we are all used to seeing, you can instantly see the pricing. This is especially nice if you are flexible with your travel dates. Google Flights is a free service so you don't have to pay to find the deals!

Anne Sainsbury Payson, UT

This company is the lifesavers candy for me in my life. I have traveled quite a bit over the past 3 years and this tool has helped me immensely especially as late to find the best prices for flights and the cheapest days to fly. I don't think that I would have been able to travel the way that I have to visit close family members without the help of this tool. It has saved me hours and hours of research. I would recommend it to everybody!

L. Fowler Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Google Flights to book airfare several times and I love how they try and find me the cheapest route possible. It is both informative and helpful at the same time. The search engine is easy to use by entering times and dates and I like the way the prices come up on the scream from cheapest to most expensive. Great site to find flights.

Amanda Sherwood, OR

Started using google flight recently! I love that I can track prices easily and book when the prices are at their lowest! I booked a couple flights (one from Portland to Colorado and back, and one to France for 4 people) and I got great rates. It was very easy to not only track the rates, but see them on a calendar to help chose the dates with the best rates. The actual booking will take you to the cheapest site directly and the rates shown by google always include taxes and fees which is a use plus! You pay exactly what you were expecting to pay!

Rachel Sharp

Always helps me find the best flights, days to fly, and airlines to fly with! I travel A LOT, so this is SUPER helpful!

Karen Torino Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is great for looking at flights available across different airlines. I always find the best price on flights through here. Easy to use and easy to look through

Brittany Wilkinson Herriman, UT

I've used Google Flights to compare prices on flights. It's easy to use and lets you know if you are getting the best deal. It's a very good, trustworthy resource that makes traveling just a little bit easier.

Hayley Lambdin Orem, UT

Google Flights is freaking amazing. I love how simple they make it for me to look up all different prices for flights I am interested in. I use Google Flights every time I am searching for a new trip.

Alex Murphy Reno, NV

Google flights is amazing. It searches other websites to get you the best prices and does all the work for you! You can also set price trackers that let you know when the price drops.

Breanna Jones Salt Lake City, UT

I always always come here whenever I need to check flight prices. Although they do not partner with all airlines, it is a super useful website. You cannot book with google flights. I like the calendar of flights so when I am flexible with travel dates, I can check other dates to see what is cheaper.

Jenetta E Provo, UT

Personally, I hate searching from website to website to find cheap flights, so it's nice that google flights allows you to look in just one place while also being a website that I trust. I do wish they included a few more of the cheap, more discount airlines like Allegiant.

Jade Knowles Tallahassee, FL

Google flights was a great experience! I was able to find cheap flights for my family vacation just like that. I just had to enter my departure and arrival destinations and my specific vacation dates. Google flights is very easy to use and give you great prices for flights.

Bing Yeung Riverton, UT

Google flights show amazing deals if you pick the right time. It's where I get the general price range for the places I want to go. Easy to access and compare prices for dates and flying companies. I have been using it for years.

Blake Hirschi Salt Lake City, UT

a very convenient way to compare flights across a large range of companies. They also have nifty features like being able to filter for what services you want. They give you options like longer but cheaper or more expensive but smaller layovers. Very efficacious to have all the information in one place.

Heather Greenburg ,

I go to Google flights as my first check when I am looking for flights. I used the Google flights search map and planned our Europe trip to different countries. We were able to see the cost of flights to many different cities at once and choose the least expensive flight combinations. It was a great way to plan a more cost-effective trip!

Cali M Roy, UT

This has been my go to site whenever I want to book a trip. I have been able to find seriously great deals through google flights. Sometimes I like to browse the site just for fun to see how cheap of flights I can find!! Highly recommend if you are ever planning on flying.

Tommy McCarlie Chicago, IL

I've done a lot of traveling and Google flights is the best flight aggregator in my mind -- I consistently find the best deals on Google flights. Though I've used Kayak and other competitors in the past I now prefer Google flights.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Flights is a very convenient tool. I like how it tells you the range of prices and tickets depending what airport you use. I definitely use this a lot because I'm planning a trip to Japan soon, and it helps me figure out my prices, the cheapest hotels, and what airport I'm going to use

Raquel San Jose, CA

Google Flights has the easiest site to navigate to look for the cheapest flights. The interface is user-friendly and gives all flights that can be filtered by duration of travel, how many stops, departure time and arrival time, and of course, price. I use Google Flights before I go on any trip to make sure I get the best price possible.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is a super great service that I would recommend to anyone! They have this cool feature where you can look at the monthly view of a calendar and see price information for each day of that month, which I find really useful for finalizing trip dates!

Dayna Salt Lake City, UT

Google Flights is by far the easiest way to search for the cheapest flights. It makes it very easy to see what dates and times are my best options. We have a very flexible schedule when we travel so I love the ease of being able to mix up the dates to find the best deal.

AF ,

Good flights has been a great way to 'shop' for flights. I like being able to browse by your home airport and just see how much flights are in various locations (the map is easy to view). It's also easy to see which airline you would choose too. Very easy to use and helpful!

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

Great resource to find the right economical flight needed! Whether you're looking for the cheapest flight, or a specific airline that you're a medallion member of, google flights search option provides such an easy experience to pick the right flight!

take7 Cheyenne, WY

Omg hidden gem, or not but I feel like I am always winning when I use google flights to find travel for myself and my family. It is easy to navigate and snapshots of costs at airlines all in one click and screen. Prices and deals are great and the airlines available are some of the best ones.

Amy Christian Las Vegas, NV

Anytime I look for a flight, I START with google flights. Then once I see what price/schedule looks best I go directly to the airlines website. I like that it is an overall view of all flights compared to eachother. Makes it SO much easier to find options all in the same place.

Desi Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Flights tell you how long it takes to get to your destination and it also tells you how much it costs too. It's super convenient and helpful I feel like. That way you'll now when it's easier to book your flight. I was traveling out of the country and I used this and it's pretty accurate!

Tracy Hill Draper, UT

I love Google Flights because they made it really simple to understand what time my flights were leaving and I felt like they had me the best options for flights possible. This company has a very clean and simple website and I will continue to use this company in the future.

Courtney Eames Kaysville, UT

Google flights is how I find all of my flights! It is so nice to know you are getting the best deals while traveling! My friends told me about google flights a couple of years ago and I have never used anything else to book my flights since!