Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Google Flights reviews from real customers.

#1 Expedia chevron_right
#2 Airbnb chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Sage Robertson
August 7th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Google Flights is one of the best ways to find the cheapest flights for all your travel needs.

Tracy Womack
August 5th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Google flights is great! I have found some of the cheapest flights there are and it is super easy to use!

Pamela Dixon
August 1st, 2019 Brunswick, GA

Just to let anyone now who is booking a flight thru Google Flights. Me and my husband first time flyers booked a flight many months ago and all was well UNTIL we arrived the day of our flight in July thru American Airlines to find out our flight was cancelled and changed from time 2:15pm to 11:00am with no notice or email of the change. So our trip was marked as no show which cancelled also return flights. Called Google Flights to discuss cancelled flight and to book another flight. Mark W offered to get refund and booked our new flight on Delta the next morning saying charge would be $600 for the tickets. I released my card for the charge of the $600.00 BUT Mark also charged my card for 656.20 x2 for Delta and the $600.00 Agent fee equaling to $1912.40 which I knew nothing about until I asked about our refund from our first booking after I returned home from my trip a week later and looked at my card bill. I did received 2 deposits for $367.99 from American Airlines BUT Mark charged us $300.00 agent fee from our refund. Which we never was notified of. So before you book a flight or request a refund make sure you ask if there is any agent fees.

Mazi Marcel Womack
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Google Flights is the easiest way to find good flights for a cheap price. I will never go back to any other website.

Keeli Hansen
July 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I rely on google flights the most because it’s so easy and they find the best deals for you

Chloe Adams
July 11th, 2019 Morgan, UT DETAILS

I use google flights for all of my flights. It’s free and simple to use which is something I really appreciate. It gives direct links to available flights and for questions.

matthew
July 1st, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

every time i use google and try to look up something is most likely will have the answer for me. Even when I’m looking up different flights, it always pops up with the flights I need

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like Google Flights because it's easy to understand and use. They make it easy to plan flights.

Tracy Hill
June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love Google Flights because they made it really simple to understand what time my flights were leaving and I felt like they had me the best options for flights possible. This company has a very clean and simple website and I will continue to use this company in the future.

Nicholas
June 18th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL DETAILS

One of my favorite search engines for finding the best price for flights. They also suggest different dates for a cheaper flight. Highly recommend.

Jennifer
June 18th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love google flights. I booked my London and Paris flights with them and it was wonderful. Better prices booking with google flights. And I like how it shows you the day to day cost of flying to your destination.

Haley Baldwin
June 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Google Flights is great! The website is easy to use and the deals are great. They always keep it updated which I appreciate. I’ve gotten awesome deals from them.

Nicole LeBaron
June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I use google flights constantly for finding flights to go home or visit my brother in a Hawaii. I like how they update the prices of the flights constantly.

Rebecca
June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I use google flights to track any flight I’m looking for. It looks across multiple sights and finds the best deals. I’ve never found a sight that beats this one

Marissa
June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

Google Flights is my go-to when I'm going to book a flight. I feel like they just give me the information in a straightforward fashion, and I never find anything cheaper then what I find through Google.

Kimberly LeBaron
June 6th, 2019 Delta, UT

Google flights is really useful. Although it can be a little clunky sometimes, compared to using an app, it’s a great way to quickly compare flight prices, and even book a flight! I use it all the time. I prefer other apps for more in depth research into flights because I like to be able to set alerts for cheap flights.

Courtney Eames
June 5th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Google flights is how I find all of my flights! It is so nice to know you are getting the best deals while traveling! My friends told me about google flights a couple of years ago and I have never used anything else to book my flights since!

Grant Lofgreen
June 5th, 2019 Provo, UT

Absolute best place to find cheap flights. Definitely my go to. Compares nearly everyone all at once which is nice.

Myles Cox
June 3rd, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

All of my flights are booked through Google Flights, it's reliable and easy to use. Google Assistant integration is a boon.

Jenna Loose
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT

Google flights is so awesome!! It is so nice to have all the information that I need in one place.

Christopher Dutson
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT

Very convenient and easy to use. It gives good recommendations based on price and layovers.

Janessa
May 31st, 2019 Herriman, UT

Great website to find different flight options for trips. Easy to use and seems to be easier to maneuver than other travel websites. Always check here first before other sites.

Sarah
May 29th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Whenever I’m in a budget to fly this is where I go because they show me all the flights. Super helpful when planning trips.

Rylie Crandall
May 28th, 2019 Draper, UT

I like google flights because they make finding flights and making plans simple.

Liana
May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

The best way to see if you could save money by changing your travel dates slightly, so if you have flexible dates, check here first.

Jacob Shaner
May 28th, 2019

I like receiving the flight updates and also the ability to use a date grid to see flight price differences. It’s pretty difficult to actually book through them, you have to go to another site. That’s the biggest drawback.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT

This company is the lifesavers candy for me in my life. I have traveled quite a bit over the past 3 years and this tool has helped me immensely especially as late to find the best prices for flights and the cheapest days to fly. I don't think that I would have been able to travel the way that I have to visit close family members without the help of this tool. It has saved me hours and hours of research. I would recommend it to everybody!

Hannah Anderson
May 24th, 2019 Provo, UT

Only complaint I have is that Google Flights will up the prices if they know you are searching... other than that I can usually find an affordable flight in a time crunch.

BLF
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have found great deals on Google Flights. They search the internet for the lowest fares and find them for you so you don't have to go searching everywhere yourself. They also notify you if a fare price changes, which is nice so if the price goes down you can hurry and purchase the ticket.

Boston Whipple
May 6th, 2019 Provo, UT

We used Google flights to track pricesa destination we wanted to visit. They notified us when the price went down which was really nice but we weren't able to book it directly through Google flights and we ended up paying a little more on airline's website.

Hector Dominguez
May 2nd, 2019 Thiensville, WI

This service apparently because cheap prices seemed a good option but it’s a scam. Let me explain, they advertise an unbeatable price and of course you purchase. They charge your card but 8 hours before the flight you receive an email saying that they couldn’t get the tickets but they offer other flight of course more expensive. This is disastrous because it’s too late to get a flight and you have to choose between losing your flight or buying at their new price. Also, if for any reason you don’t see the email (which can get your inbox at 10 pm ) you will be informed at the counter that you don’t have a flight. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

atanu sen
April 16th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

convenient website, can find flights of choice on fingertips

Deana Duquesne
April 9th, 2019 DETAILS

Good, easy to compare prices. Exactly what I need to book a flight.

Julie
April 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Excellent I like how they track everything for me so I don't have to look every day, they email me when things change in the negative or positive direction

Katherine
February 22nd, 2019 DETAILS

I found two (one-way) affordable tickets to Perpignan. I booked the first one dub-per with Air France and when I went to pay for the return ticket per-dub the price doubled in price as the price ‘google flights’ showed changed when redirected to Aerlingus. The increase has made my return flight unaffordable. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact them, but nobody replies! I am stuck with an out going ticket and no return ticket. It is wrong to display an incorrect price and not to have a customer service to deal with such issues! I don’t know what to do!

LO
January 15th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

I went to Delta site to book a flight and wound up at Google Flights. I selected round trip flights, booked and paid and now 3 days later I received an email telling me my fare has gone up $26.! I don’t understand how they can out of the blue charge me more. I find that very dishonest.

Asap Siah
December 18th, 2018 Brighton, CO DETAILS

Found cheap useful flight to japan cheapest iv seen thru google flights.

Mia Hernandez
December 14th, 2018 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

dont do it... there are just so many other option for you google is honestly just going to confuse you if your the type of person that likes to narrow your searches down to the best option that suites your needs this isnt for you

Katie Kearney
November 30th, 2018 Vienna, VA

I use Google flight a lot when exploring all my flight options. It's easy to navigate through and I appreciate the variety it showcases.

Enoch Hein
August 9th, 2018 Greenwood, AR DETAILS

The flight I booked said no free cancellations. When I went to cancel my flight there was no refund for the ticket at all. This is highly misleading and cost me a lot of money. “No free cancellations” lead me to think I could cancel for a fee.

CAROLE SCOVILLE
June 12th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT

Google flights always shows the best options – but make sure to check some airlines that they don’t list, like Southwest

Amy Crawley
June 12th, 2018 Draper, UT

Google has provided an excellent way of organizing a large volume of internet information. I love being able to search various items.

Lynette Fowler
June 4th, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Google Flights to book airfare several times and I love how they try and find me the cheapest route possible. It is both informative and helpful at the same time. The search engine is easy to use by entering times and dates and I like the way the prices come up on the scream from cheapest to most expensive. Great site to find flights.

H Moore
June 1st, 2018 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I've used Google Flights to compare prices, and it's a great service!

Amanda
April 16th, 2018 Sherwood, OR DETAILS

Started using google flight recently! I love that I can track prices easily and book when the prices are at their lowest! I booked a couple flights (one from Portland to Colorado and back, and one to France for 4 people) and I got great rates. It was very easy to not only track the rates, but see them on a calendar to help chose the dates with the best rates. The actual booking will take you to the cheapest site directly and the rates shown by google always include taxes and fees which is a use plus! You pay exactly what you were expecting to pay!

Hayley Lambdin
November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT

Google Flights is freaking amazing. I love how simple they make it for me to look up all different prices for flights I am interested in. I use Google Flights every time I am searching for a new trip.

Alex Murphy
November 6th, 2017 Reno, NV DETAILS

Google flights is amazing. It searches other websites to get you the best prices and does all the work for you! You can also set price trackers that let you know when the price drops.

alex
October 10th, 2017

Never mind the time wasted, what's worst is the fact that I found out my selected flight was not available only and only after submitting all my personal and financial details. Despite using Google Flights.UK, when I was about to complete the booking, as soon as I submitted the payment for the chosen United Airlines flight and Google/United realised that my credit card was British, suddenly "my" United Airlines flight became unavailable and instead I was offered a different, much less convenient and much more expensive United flight. Awful. Very upsetting and also very uncomfortable because I had to submit my card details (and who trust them??).

Breanna Jones
June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I always always come here whenever I need to check flight prices. Although they do not partner with all airlines, it is a super useful website. You cannot book with google flights. I like the calendar of flights so when I am flexible with travel dates, I can check other dates to see what is cheaper.