Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Keep reading for pros and cons, plus Google Flights reviews from real customers.

#1 Airbnb chevron_right
#2 Expedia chevron_right

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Desi
October 18th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Flights tell you how long it takes to get to your destination and it also tells you how much it costs too. It's super convenient and helpful I feel like. That way you'll now when it's easier to book your flight. I was traveling out of the country and I used this and it's pretty accurate!

Cameron Clark
October 15th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

Google flights always helps me find the cheapest airfare at the time that I need it most. Definitely recommend.

Rischelle Mikkelson
October 14th, 2019 American Fork, UT

Google Flights is one of my favorite places to find deals on airfare. I love that you can put in your destination and dates and with the simple calendar that we are all used to seeing, you can instantly see the pricing. This is especially nice if you are flexible with your travel dates. Google Flights is a free service so you don't have to pay to find the deals!

bailey jo
October 14th, 2019 Orem, UT

I love Google Flights. Ever since I found them, they are the first place that I look for flights. Especially with family in different states, its been a huge blessing to find the best deals through them.

Cassandra
October 11th, 2019 Sunnyvale, CA

Stop what you're using, and just use Google Flights. It's the easiest tool to find the best price on flights! Just make sure to use incognito mode so that they can't track your search history and raise the prices up!

ave
October 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

When I go to book a flight I look at Google Flights first because they find all the best prices on the current flights. Then they direct you to how to purchase the ticket. It is really reliable.

Amy Boren
October 9th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

It is super easy to find the flights you are looking fo rand I love how you can get price updates if the price lowers so you know when to book.

Ellen Morris
October 9th, 2019 Potomac, MD DETAILS

Google Flights has become my go to for finding flights. I dont know how, but their prices are always cheaper and the interface is so easy to use!

Zac Marx
October 8th, 2019 Brighton, CO DETAILS

I search Google Flights almost everyday! I love to sign up for the deals and get notified so I can purchase the best deals as they come around.

Jami Howell
October 7th, 2019 Farmington, UT

They do a great job finding flight times that are convenient. They also are very easy to navigate on their website and sort through and find the best flight for you.

Jaime
October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT

I use Google Flights often when planning vacations. I love that it compares multiple airlines and also lets me easily see the prices for different days.

Nancy
October 1st, 2019 Naples, FL DETAILS

Google Flights is wonderful...But, beware there is a site that isn't connected to the Real Google that is a scam called Googleflights They offer International flights for RSW to Heathrow by phone for $540.00 (Business class) AA, They want your credit info on the call and don't accept CC by phone...DO NOT GIVE THEM BANK TRANSFER INFORMATION!!

Joy Hill
October 1st, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Best flight tracker that there is. I like that I can save my searches and google will alert me when the price drops

Andrew Burnage
September 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Google Flights should not be including lucky2go in their search results. Just look at reviews for lucky2go! - You would be very fortunate to get anywhere with lucky2go. Google Flights association with this company reflects very poorly on Google.

Madison Scott
September 16th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I head to google when I am looking for airline deals. I feel I will get the best deal and the ease of the website is wonderful.

Darrin Henry
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Great way to find cheap flights to all your favorite destinations and quick and easy booking.

Kimberly Jackson
September 6th, 2019 Derby, KS DETAILS

My Go-To flight search! The ability to set multiple arrival and departure destinations makes finding the most economical travel plans so much easier. Only downside is that it does not include Southwest flights.

Scotlynn Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Really helpful to find the best prices for airline tickets and hotels. I enjoy that it pops up even when I'm just starting my search

Sage Robertson
August 7th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Google Flights is one of the best ways to find the cheapest flights for all your travel needs.

Tracy Womack
August 5th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Google flights is great! I have found some of the cheapest flights there are and it is super easy to use!

Pamela Dixon
August 1st, 2019 Brunswick, GA

Just to let anyone now who is booking a flight thru Google Flights. Me and my husband first time flyers booked a flight many months ago and all was well UNTIL we arrived the day of our flight in July thru American Airlines to find out our flight was cancelled and changed from time 2:15pm to 11:00am with no notice or email of the change. So our trip was marked as no show which cancelled also return flights. Called Google Flights to discuss cancelled flight and to book another flight. Mark W offered to get refund and booked our new flight on Delta the next morning saying charge would be $600 for the tickets. I released my card for the charge of the $600.00 BUT Mark also charged my card for 656.20 x2 for Delta and the $600.00 Agent fee equaling to $1912.40 which I knew nothing about until I asked about our refund from our first booking after I returned home from my trip a week later and looked at my card bill. I did received 2 deposits for $367.99 from American Airlines BUT Mark charged us $300.00 agent fee from our refund. Which we never was notified of. So before you book a flight or request a refund make sure you ask if there is any agent fees.

Mazi Marcel Womack
July 22nd, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Google Flights is the easiest way to find good flights for a cheap price. I will never go back to any other website.

Keeli Hansen
July 22nd, 2019 San Jose, CA DETAILS

I rely on google flights the most because it’s so easy and they find the best deals for you

Chloe Adams
July 11th, 2019 Morgan, UT DETAILS

I use google flights for all of my flights. It’s free and simple to use which is something I really appreciate. It gives direct links to available flights and for questions.

matthew
July 1st, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

every time i use google and try to look up something is most likely will have the answer for me. Even when I’m looking up different flights, it always pops up with the flights I need

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I like Google Flights because it's easy to understand and use. They make it easy to plan flights.

Tracy Hill
June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I love Google Flights because they made it really simple to understand what time my flights were leaving and I felt like they had me the best options for flights possible. This company has a very clean and simple website and I will continue to use this company in the future.

Nicholas
June 18th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL DETAILS

One of my favorite search engines for finding the best price for flights. They also suggest different dates for a cheaper flight. Highly recommend.

Jennifer
June 18th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I love google flights. I booked my London and Paris flights with them and it was wonderful. Better prices booking with google flights. And I like how it shows you the day to day cost of flying to your destination.

Haley Baldwin
June 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Google Flights is great! The website is easy to use and the deals are great. They always keep it updated which I appreciate. I’ve gotten awesome deals from them.

Nicole LeBaron
June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I use google flights constantly for finding flights to go home or visit my brother in a Hawaii. I like how they update the prices of the flights constantly.

Rebecca
June 10th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I use google flights to track any flight I’m looking for. It looks across multiple sights and finds the best deals. I’ve never found a sight that beats this one

Marissa
June 7th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

Google Flights is my go-to when I'm going to book a flight. I feel like they just give me the information in a straightforward fashion, and I never find anything cheaper then what I find through Google.

Kimberly LeBaron
June 6th, 2019 Delta, UT

Google flights is really useful. Although it can be a little clunky sometimes, compared to using an app, it’s a great way to quickly compare flight prices, and even book a flight! I use it all the time. I prefer other apps for more in depth research into flights because I like to be able to set alerts for cheap flights.

Courtney Eames
June 5th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Google flights is how I find all of my flights! It is so nice to know you are getting the best deals while traveling! My friends told me about google flights a couple of years ago and I have never used anything else to book my flights since!

Grant Lofgreen
June 5th, 2019 Provo, UT

Absolute best place to find cheap flights. Definitely my go to. Compares nearly everyone all at once which is nice.

Myles Cox
June 3rd, 2019 Portland, OR DETAILS

All of my flights are booked through Google Flights, it's reliable and easy to use. Google Assistant integration is a boon.

Jenna Loose
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT

Google flights is so awesome!! It is so nice to have all the information that I need in one place.

Christopher Dutson
June 3rd, 2019 Provo, UT

Very convenient and easy to use. It gives good recommendations based on price and layovers.

Janessa
May 31st, 2019 Herriman, UT

Great website to find different flight options for trips. Easy to use and seems to be easier to maneuver than other travel websites. Always check here first before other sites.

Sarah
May 29th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Whenever I’m in a budget to fly this is where I go because they show me all the flights. Super helpful when planning trips.

Rylie Crandall
May 28th, 2019 Draper, UT

I like google flights because they make finding flights and making plans simple.

Liana
May 28th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

The best way to see if you could save money by changing your travel dates slightly, so if you have flexible dates, check here first.

Jacob Shaner
May 28th, 2019

I like receiving the flight updates and also the ability to use a date grid to see flight price differences. It’s pretty difficult to actually book through them, you have to go to another site. That’s the biggest drawback.

Anne Sainsbury
May 28th, 2019 Payson, UT

This company is the lifesavers candy for me in my life. I have traveled quite a bit over the past 3 years and this tool has helped me immensely especially as late to find the best prices for flights and the cheapest days to fly. I don't think that I would have been able to travel the way that I have to visit close family members without the help of this tool. It has saved me hours and hours of research. I would recommend it to everybody!

Hannah Anderson
May 24th, 2019 Provo, UT

Only complaint I have is that Google Flights will up the prices if they know you are searching... other than that I can usually find an affordable flight in a time crunch.

BLF
May 20th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have found great deals on Google Flights. They search the internet for the lowest fares and find them for you so you don't have to go searching everywhere yourself. They also notify you if a fare price changes, which is nice so if the price goes down you can hurry and purchase the ticket.

Boston Whipple
May 6th, 2019 Provo, UT

We used Google flights to track pricesa destination we wanted to visit. They notified us when the price went down which was really nice but we weren't able to book it directly through Google flights and we ended up paying a little more on airline's website.

Hector Dominguez
May 2nd, 2019 Thiensville, WI

This service apparently because cheap prices seemed a good option but it’s a scam. Let me explain, they advertise an unbeatable price and of course you purchase. They charge your card but 8 hours before the flight you receive an email saying that they couldn’t get the tickets but they offer other flight of course more expensive. This is disastrous because it’s too late to get a flight and you have to choose between losing your flight or buying at their new price. Also, if for any reason you don’t see the email (which can get your inbox at 10 pm ) you will be informed at the counter that you don’t have a flight. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!

atanu sen
April 16th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

convenient website, can find flights of choice on fingertips