Google Flights Logo

7.9

Google Flights is a functionality that is built into one of the world's best search engines: Google. In 2011, Google purchased ITA software that allowed it to build an algorithm for flight searches and compete with other flight booking sites.

Go Directly to Google Flights Customer Reviews

#2 Airbnb chevron_right
Expedia Logo
#3 Expedia chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Features
  • No Third-Parties
  • Tools

Features

Overall, Google Flights has some nice features, despite its basic functionality. It pulls not only the cheapest flights, but also the best flights for travelers. Clients can search by airline, cost, airport, travel time, and seat type (economy or first class), making it quick and easy for users to find exactly what they are looking for.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Janan from Utah

"I love to find travel deals. One of my pastimes is to get on Google flights and put in some available dates and then choose the world and see where we could go. This year alone I have used Google flights to book our trip to Paris, France, San Diego and Hawaii. I also have used it within the United States. What I like about Google Flights is that you can put in certain dates and then choose the map to see what is cheap. Google flights is my favorite search engine for travel."

No Third-Parties

One thing that sets Google Flights apart is that it deals directly with the flight carriers. Typically, travel sites work through some third-party source or utilize advanced technology to collect pricing information and data. Having the ability to book and work directly with the airline provides customers with the following benefits:

• The ability to change or cancel bookings without having to pay additional fees or deal with third parties
  • No hidden costs because the prices reflected stem directly from the provider
  • Discounted rates appear instantly
  • Flexible dates option allows for best rates

Tools

Google Flights provides a "Discover Destinations" tool that allows users to select dates, possible locations, and interests to find the perfect destination to visit. The company also provides a number of sorting tools that give travelers the ability to quickly narrow down thousands of results and find the best match for their needs.

The Bad

• Limitations
  • Lack of Customer Support
  • Not All Airlines Participate

Limitations

There are some limitations in terms of overall travel with Google Flights. It would be convenient if users could find and book all of their travel accommodations at one time using the platform. However, Google Flights does not provide customers with the ability to book hotels, rental cars, cruises, vacation packages, or travel activities.

Lack of Customer Support

There is a total lack of customer support for Google Flights. The company has not listed a phone number or email and its site directs users to contact the travel carrier directly. If a traveler has a question or a problem with Google Flights' services, they will likely be on their own to figure out a solution.

Not All Airlines Participate

While Google Flights does work directly with a number of airlines, the company does not have information for several other airlines that chose not to participate. If a desired airline is not featured on the site, consumers will have to use a different travel service or contact the airline directly.

The Bottom Line

Google Flights provides a number of features and tools to help users quickly narrow down flight options that are best for them. Additionally, the company works directly with airlines rather than third parties.

However, Google Flights does not provide customer support or allow users to book any other travel accommodations such as hotels, car rentals, cruises, and vacation packages. Further, not all airlines participate.

View Best Travel Sites

Bing Yeung Riverton, UT

Google flights show amazing deals if you pick the right time. It's where I get the general price range for the places I want to go. Easy to access and compare prices for dates and flying companies. I have been using it for years.

Corbin Short ,

Google Flights is just really easy to use for a quick search. Although when I was using it, Southwest Airlines was not a part of it and they often have the best deals and are my favorite airline. So it's been hard to use recently for that reason. What I like most is the easy to use interface even when I am just tracking a flight. Anything on Google always interacts very well with your whole online environment.

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Learning about Google Flights from a friend changed my life. Getting the best price on plane tickets is so simple and centralized! I love that I no longer have to go hunting for hours through countless tabs of different airlines to compare prices. When I had to buy a last minute flight hours before needing to leave, I was able to look one up in seconds for a screaming deal! This makes booking a spontaneous flight so easy!

Whitney Wilkins West Valley City, UT

Google flights makes it so easy to find any flight and compare prices. I love the layout of pricing and selecting your date/location. It makes it so easy to compare flights and find the right one.

Holly Magnusson ,

Literally the easiest way to plan my trip myself. I was told by others about some "cheaper" airlines not advertised on google flights. So I checked them out compared prices, and I found the best deals with google.

Blake Hirschi Salt Lake City, UT

a very convenient way to compare flights across a large range of companies. They also have nifty features like being able to filter for what services you want. They give you options like longer but cheaper or more expensive but smaller layovers. Very efficacious to have all the information in one place.

Heather Greenburg ,

I go to Google flights as my first check when I am looking for flights. I used the Google flights search map and planned our Europe trip to different countries. We were able to see the cost of flights to many different cities at once and choose the least expensive flight combinations. It was a great way to plan a more cost-effective trip!

Cali M Roy, UT

This has been my go to site whenever I want to book a trip. I have been able to find seriously great deals through google flights. Sometimes I like to browse the site just for fun to see how cheap of flights I can find!! Highly recommend if you are ever planning on flying.

Tommy McCarlie Chicago, IL

I've done a lot of traveling and Google flights is the best flight aggregator in my mind -- I consistently find the best deals on Google flights. Though I've used Kayak and other competitors in the past I now prefer Google flights.

Tracy McMillan Orem, UT

I love that on google flights I can have a calendar that compares flight prices and that I can also be notified of price changes. Makes shopping for flights so much easier!

Ellie Olea Chandler, AZ

I would not have been able to find an affordable flight to Hawaii without google flights. I am so thankful for this company for allowing me to see all the other airlines as well.

Katrina Breithaupt Provo, UT

Google Flights is one of the sites I use to compare prices when I am booking flights (usually international flights) and they are a good baseline price to compare to but I usually end up purchasing my actual tickets through other sources since Google Flights are generally a little more expensive and sometimes hard to find a good deal on.

murfday College Station, TX

Easy to use to compare flight prices between multiple airlines. It is easy to see price trends each week/month. I like that you can sign up for alerts to track specific flights.

Mason Allen Provo, UT

One of the simplest, easiest to navigate resources for finding flights. Compares all options side by side and directs you to the proper link to purchase the flights with just a few more clicks.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

This is my go to site to compare prices before i purchase an airline ticket. It is pretty comprehensive. You cant see Southwest airline and Allegiant airline prices but that is the only downside.

Mike Salt Lake City, UT

Google flights is a great way to compare flights and see when they peak etc. It's been useful to help advise when to buy. I never buy the flights through the site but I compare and go direct to airlines.

Karson Greenburg Salt Lake City, UT

Google Flights links me to so many different websites that I almost always find the cheapest flight through it. I fly domestically very frequently and Google Flights has always been my go to simply out of convenience and simplicity.

Desiree Pleasant Grove, UT

Google Flights is a very convenient tool. I like how it tells you the range of prices and tickets depending what airport you use. I definitely use this a lot because I'm planning a trip to Japan soon, and it helps me figure out my prices, the cheapest hotels, and what airport I'm going to use

David Martin San Diego, CA

Google Flights is my favorite way to check for the best deal on flights. I love the way their site is laid out and it makes it really easy for me to select my flight dates based on when the flights will be cheapest. It is great for comparing prices across carriers and prices across different dates. I never book a flight without checking Google Flights first.

Wilinda Sylvestre Tallahassee, FL

Google flights help me find the best flight for my trip at the most affordable prices. I love using them when planning a trip!

applebutteranna Butler West Wendover, NV

I feel like google flights is a great place to find all the flights. They compile all of the flight services and they put all the options in one place for you.

Brooke Moser Brentwood, CA

Every time I travel I search in Google flights first because it shows a multitude of flights and shows the best price options. So easy to use and very user-friendly.

Lars Hamilton Carmel, IN

Easy to search for flights and sort by pricing and availability over a period of time to get the best flight and best route. Just wish it had more regional flights like Southwest.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

This is where I always start for travel. Sometimes I will look for where to go based on which flights are the best price for the timeframe when I can travel.

Picnicky82 Logan, UT

Every time I have booked a flight I use google flights. It is so easy to look for cheap flights without using a specific destination. I have gotten more cheap flights than I can count.

Honest Joe Brooklyn, NY

The prices on google flights are inaccurate. After choosing a flight and being forwarded to the airline website the price is significantly (a few hundred dollars) higher.

Raquel San Jose, CA

Google Flights has the easiest site to navigate to look for the cheapest flights. The interface is user-friendly and gives all flights that can be filtered by duration of travel, how many stops, departure time and arrival time, and of course, price. I use Google Flights before I go on any trip to make sure I get the best price possible.

Alyssa Hansel Tallahassee, FL

Google flights is a super great service that I would recommend to anyone! They have this cool feature where you can look at the monthly view of a calendar and see price information for each day of that month, which I find really useful for finalizing trip dates!

Dayna Salt Lake City, UT

Google Flights is by far the easiest way to search for the cheapest flights. It makes it very easy to see what dates and times are my best options. We have a very flexible schedule when we travel so I love the ease of being able to mix up the dates to find the best deal.

AF ,

Good flights has been a great way to 'shop' for flights. I like being able to browse by your home airport and just see how much flights are in various locations (the map is easy to view). It's also easy to see which airline you would choose too. Very easy to use and helpful!

Dre35 West Valley City, UT

Great resource to find the right economical flight needed! Whether you're looking for the cheapest flight, or a specific airline that you're a medallion member of, google flights search option provides such an easy experience to pick the right flight!

Amanda Fairbanks Payson, UT

Love google flights! It makes it very easy to change days and different airports to find the best deals!

brandon wilkins West Valley City, UT

Google flights is very helpful in deterring when to travel. Love the pricing option that shows the cheapest flight by date.

Eban Beltran Arlington, TX

One of the three sites I use for travel every time I have a trip. So glad Google decided to get into this space with a great free service!

Stephanie Bullough Bountiful, UT

By far the best way to find flights that fit your timeline and budget! Would choose this service over any other hands down every time!

Kyle Provo, UT

Love love love Google flights. I adore the "notify me" options to keep an eye on price changes. Just wish they had Southwest in the algorithm.

Marniwho ,

I feel confident when I use google flights that they are finding me the best value and showing me all my options in one clear place.

Kyle Johnson Portland, OR

Such a great resource to compare flights all in one place. I love the price calendar. Just wish they had southwest flights included.

Morgan Knight Salt Lake City, UT

I love Google Flights! I primarily use google flights to compare prices and book trips. I love how clear and easy it is to use!

Carol Knight Salt Lake City, UT

Google Flights has been a terrific site to look for great deals on air travel! I never book before I visit this site first.

Karen DeMann ,

I love using google flights to search. I enjoy using the date grid to plug in possible dates. I think it is a great way to find the best flights for your individual needs.

Jennifer Cale Conway, AR

Google Flights is the fastest way to plan a trip, hands down! You're able to look up multiple flights, endless options, and customize other aspects as needed.

Maverick Denhalter Salt Lake City, UT

They you have a very user-friendly interface.It is really easy to find what price it will be to fly with multiple people, unlike most places that try to hide the cost of multiple people they only showing you what it would cost with one.

Chelsea Bishop Las Vegas, NV

I really like how Google Flights is an easy access tool to compare flights from different providers. I always like to check there before I book! The month tool is my favorite way to see when we should travel.

Abby Wallin Denver, CO

I use google flights every time to check out what flights are available. Although sometimes I end up purchasing the flights through a different venue when I find a deal, most of the time google flights offers the best offers and times. It also connects the flights directly to my google calendar after I purchase them, which is beyond helpful!

Lkirton Park City, UT

I love browsing through all the flights that Google Flights has to offer. I love being able to browse through the different dates and prices then be able to plan my trip accordingly.

Tiauna Anderson Salt Lake City, UT

I used Google Flights for the first time this past spring and it was great. I was easily able to compare flight rates and book the flight I needed. I definitely recommend the site and will be using it to book my hotel next time, as well.

Tara Hammond Draper, UT

Google Flights is my first place to go to find the best prices for flights. I love the calendar function where I can see if it's cheaper to fly on certain dates. It has saved me so much money!

Ashley Ulibarri Herriman, UT

Google flights is the number one place I go to search for flights. I love being able to look at the whole calendar view to look at what days are cheapest to travel and I love that it shows all the airlines.

Nancy Naples, FL

Google Flights is wonderful...But, beware there is a site that isn't connected to the Real Google that is a scam called Googleflights They offer International flights for RSW to Heathrow by phone for $540.00 (Business class) AA, They want your credit info on the call and don't accept CC by phone...DO NOT GIVE THEM BANK TRANSFER INFORMATION!!