Expedia Logo

Expedia

5.4

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We enjoy using Expedia for our travel needs. When we have a last minute trip I like to check Expedia because they seem to have the best deals for hotels. The reviews are people just like me trying to find the best deal out there. I've never been disappointed with the Expedia choices on their website. I would highly recommend this company.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used Expedia many times, usually for a hotel, or a rental car. They have a great selection of options, it is easy to fill out what I am looking for and they also give you the ability to compare to other companies. when I booked through them, it is easy to pay and the price doesn't fluctuate and I trust that I will be taken care of.

Robyn Haight South Jordan, UT

I've booked air and hotels through Expedia. The website is easy to navigate. It's nice to see all the options.

Heather Riverton, UT

I have booked hotel stays with this service and it has been very simple and cost effective.

shawanna 8176 Chicago, IL

I've booked with exedia previously and I didn't have any problems but I booked with them recently and I canceled my reservations and they will not refund me my money back or give me a credit. I will NOT have any future reservations with them. They have completely lost me

Olivia New York, NY

Scammers. The airline cancelled my flight and refunded Expedia. I called Expedia customer service many times and each time they promised me a full refund to my card with confirmation email within 24h of the call. No confirmation email ever came, and now it's 3 weeks later and I see flight credits have appeared in my account when they promised I would receive an actual refund and not flight credits. What's more, the $1000+ of credits are unusable when I click on them! Do not book anything through Expedia. They are complete scammers and the lure of a good deal is NOT worth it.

femmecreole1804 ss Stoughton, MA

Do NOT USE EXPEDIA Do NOT ever book any vacations, flights, hotels with Expedia. They have terrible customer service. They’re not based in the US. They’re in India. If you try to call them trying to change your reservation forget it. They will provide you with a bunch of misinformation. Do yourself a favor book directly with the airline and save yourself the headache.

Nicole Fuentes San Antonio, TX

I booked a hotel with Expedia a month ago. Today I was checking it and couldn’t find it anywhere. Turns out my reservations were canceled a week ago and Expedia didn’t even send me a notice to notify me of the cancellation. Spoke to customer service a guy named Juan and he was absolutely no help whatsoever. So now here I am a week before I need the hotel looking for one because Expedia couldn’t have let me know beforehand and because Expedia apparently let’s you book hotel rooms that aren’t available in the first place. DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WITH EXPEDIA, IT SUCKS.

Chris Sugar Land, TX

Be sure to read Expedia terms and conditions. You might not get refunded for a cancelation even if the hotel, airline, or etc offers one. It is better to use their site as a search and then go pay for the service directly to the provider. I rented a car then tried to cancel with Expedia. After several hours of being on hold I gave up and was charged. Even though I was at the counter at the rental car company they could not help me because I book through Expedia. Lesson learned for me and hope this helps someone else.

Mc Zi Brooklyn, NY

I tried to buy air tickets with my credits .. Unsuccessfully. I spent 4 !!!! hours in telephone conversations and there was no result. The first assistant to answer the phone was drunk, chewing something and a party was heard in the background. The assistant understood absolutely nothing - in the end I lost an hour. The second Assistant was on the phone with me for an hour, and when we got to the payment, he just hung up !!! Then history repeated itself. Disgusting service. My family and I will never use Expedia again. Disgusting !!!

Brennan Barnes Olympia, WA

Leaving for Palm Springs in the morning, logged onto our Expedia account to get flight info so we can check in. Found out we have no flight home. Called Expedia and were told Alaska cancelled our return flight. Asked why we weren't notified and were told the cancellation was pending. Asked what they were going to do about it and they said they would refund us our $140. To book a one way flight on another airline at this point will cost over $800

Lorena L Jacksonville, FL

Worst experience ever would never ever book via third party ever again. My grandma died I’m trying to use the credit for my aunts flight but there is nothing available and the things that are available are double the actual price on the airlines website they are literally charging a whole new flight so what is the point of the credit. Trying to call is impossible I called Friday at 7pm was told the hold time was 4 hours and was give a call back option received call Sat at 6 am and was just a horrible experience. Never ever again.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

Another one of my favorite travel sites to use. Expedia has really great offers bundling flights, cars, hotels, and even experiences.

Veronica Santana Somerville, MA

There are two issues I want to report about Expedia: 1. A hotel booking confirmed on Expedia's end with constant reminders to me through my email about the trip, did not actually go through to the hotel. The hotel was able to book me another room, but the room we booked was why we were at that hotel in the first place. 2. Expedia's website misleads customers into thinking you can email them to report an incident, but the customer support pages are an endless loop with an email never listed. I can only assume, due to Expedia's size, that this is to de-incentive customers to escalate complaints to them by forcing you to call them (which is then its own gauntlet of being on hold). Issue 1 Expanded: I booked a stay at the Portland Harbor Hotel for April 10th-11th. The day before my trip I messaged the hotel through Expedia to ask about checking in earlier, if possible. The next day I was messaged back asking for a last name for the reservation. That seemed odd, since I was messaging them through my booking on Expedia. I then received a call when I was already in Portland that there was no reservation under my name, and that something happened on Expedia's site with my booking not going through. The hotel offered me another suite, but it did not have the amenities that had me book with this hotel in the first place. It was incredibly disconcerting to get a voicemail while already in Portland saying my room was never booked. I had been receiving messages from Expedia reminding me of my upcoming trip for weeks. And even in the relief of the hotel offering me another room (and a discount), it defeated the purpose of having chosen this hotel to not have the room I booked. The hotel is blaming Expedia, and I can't verify who fault it is because Expedia chooses to not actually list their email when they say they can be contacted that way. I now have to give Expedia more of my time and energy, because they refuse to actually provide a service. It's nonsensical that Expedia markets itself as being an easier way to book travel, when you can't even trust your reservation will go through and then have to go through the ringer just to have the matter dealt with. There is no pointing in using the site. The hotel actually said to me "It's good you messaged us about checking in earlier." I then had to think to myself, "Wow, we may have been stranded in Portland Maine with no where to stay, or after having paid for a room, paid for whatever was available somewhere else." This was a short weekend trip for my partner's birthday, after a year of not traveling. We thought it would be nice to ease ourselves into travel through a trip to Portland. Instead, our short time was taken up sorting out whether we even had a place to stay. And now, even after the trip, I am dealing with the stress of Expedia's either incompetent or duplicitous website not providing the email it is supposed to have.

MindyV Lubbock, TX

Expedia is a pretty decent travel website. But to be honest, they don't really save you as much money as they claim they do. If you compare their prices to the prices of a hotel or a flight, it's usually not much savings at all. Plus they don't ever have Southwest as an airline to choose.

Garrett Martin Austin, TX

DON'T BOOK 1ST CLASS WITH EXPEDIA - YOU WILL REGRET - Booked American Airlines 1st Class ($6k for the tickets, 3 hr flight) - no miles, paid full freight, same cost as AA website, thought it would be easier to book through expedia. - Made 1st stop in Dallas from Austin - Gate agent, when we were trying to board the plane: 'Unfortunately expedia did not confirm your first class seats, so ... you have a problem. We may be able to offer you seats in coach.' 20 min later after the flight was full, they 'squeezed us in - SORRY YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE BOOKED THROUGH EXPEDIA.' - FUNNY WHEN WE BOARDED THE FLIGHT, several AA employees sitting in first class. I'm guessing they did not book through Expedia. P.S. - Called customer service. Waited on hold for 30+ min. Blamed me for not working it out with the AA gate agent. Asked to speak with supervisor. Called me back at 2 AM. Sitting on hold now with Expedia for ... 45+ min ... THINK AGAIN if you are booking with Expedia, you will be 'worst' class treatment.

Noahespinola Boston, MA

I booked a $177 hotel room, but accidentally had to refresh the checkout page due to network issues. I did the booking again. I then checked my credit card and saw that I got double charged, I only received one booking confirmation. I called them and they said it is because of the refresh, but that the double charge was not showing up in their system, the customer service guy assured me and told me to "trust" him. I then called my card company and they opened a claim and refunded me, telling me the only way I would get the charge put on my card again, is if they disputed the claim, which I thought improbably since the dude told me that they had not double charged me in their system. Low and behold, they dispute the claim, saying that the double charge was legitimate, and I had the double charge put back on my card. I am currently on their customer service lines, angry and frustrated, having been on hold for a long time. Don't use this company, there are so many less shady options out there. I hope this helps someone avoid a situation like this.

Florence L Louisville, CO

I never had issues with Expedia for years until the past 2 years. They scammed me out of $1,100 in February 2020 for a trip to Bali set for March 2020 that I had to cancel. The airline, who had a full refund policy due to Covid, told me that all Expedia had to do is submit a specific ticket refund code related to Covid refunds for them to be able to issue the refund to my credit card. Expedia meanwhile claimed they didn't have to do anything (that was a lie, I found evidence that they needed to submit a code). We did this for 3 months, back and forth, literally having three-way calls between the airline and Expedia and listening to them arguing with each other. In the end, I gave up because it wasn't worth compromising my mental sanity, but I lost $1,100 over this. Then last summer, I booked a trip to Hawaii for January 2021, but as the pandemic got worse, I decided to postpone it. They gave me a credit but I later found out that this credit only applies to domestic flights and I can't even use it towards the domestic leg of an international flight. I called the airline and they told me I could book it for any flight anywhere in the world. Expedia once again lied to me. And if that's not bad enough, every time I browse flights and go to check out, it more than doubles the original quote of the ticket. I called them and was told that's not possible, it must be a system glitch. BS! I've been checking rates everyday for a week and every single time it's more than doubles the rate upon checking out. This entire website is a major scam. I am done with them. I'm going to delete my account. Expedia needs to be put out of business.

fernando pacheco piñeyro Miami, FL

Expedia is a terrible travel agency. My personal experience is that they are taking advantage of the existing epidemiological situation by selling travel packages that customers will never enjoy. Once the customer buys them, they have to be changed several times because they canceled the flights. They do not return the money for the flight; they retain it as a credit. I have been on that odyssey for more than four months because I bought a trip to Canada for November, and I have had to modify it more than six times because, according to Expedia, the "airline" constantly cancels. This is the height that I have not yet been able to travel, and Expedia is playing with my money. The customer service is despotic, and without any interest in doing their job, they leave you long hours on the phone, without giving you a solution (in the best of cases). Usually, after a while, they cut you off the call, and you have to start over to managing the problems that Expedia has caused you. If you ask for a supervisor, there is never one available who can help you. In short, it is a terrible agency that does not respect its clients. I don't want to make reservations through Expedia again.#expedia#badtravel#terribletravel

Aaliah Walthamstow, WFT

I booked a very expensive package trip via Expedia to Bali in April 2020. I spent over £5000 for a 12 day trip. However due to COVID, the holiday was cancelled. Although I received a full refund for the hotels that I was due to stay at, Expedia are refusing to refund me £2770 for the airline tickets with Qatar. I have contacted Qatar directly who have advised that I need to go through Expedia for the refund. I have been battling with Expedia for the last 7 months who keep telling me that my case has been dealt with and that the airline has already issued me with airline vouchers which is not the case. I am now pregnant and am unable to travel yet anyway and despite telling Expedia this, they are still refusing to refund my money. I would highly advise against booking with Expedia as they will not refund your money for cancellations out of your control. They’re also not very good with dealing with and/or resolving issues. I can’t stress enough - please do not book with Expedia.

AJ Hoboken, NJ

Understand the extraordinary times; but the customer service I've received at Expedia has been extraordinarily bad. This year (2020), I had three package trips and a pair of flight credits on my Expedia account. The trip packages cost over US$4,000 and the flight credits were just under $800. Once COVID-19 hit and travel was shutting down, Expedia did nothing to attempt to obtain refunds for our cancelled flights. In fact, in retrospect it seems like they actively discouraged people from receiving refunds for flights and the delay makes it unlikely that those losses will ever be compensated. The hotel stays for those packages were refunded, but almost a month after the originally planned stay. The 2 flight credits were due to expire in May 2020, but we couldn't use them for obvious reasons. An Expedia rep told us that credits' validity would be extended by a year into 2021. When we tried to use the credits this past October 2020, we were told that the credits had expired. The credits are showing as usable in my Expedia in my account, even now (Nov 2020); but they are not usable unless I call Expedia and, when I called I was told the credits had expired. We requested a company investigation. Today, I received a terse email from Expedia that they cannot continue their internal investigation as to how we were told the flight credit validity would be extended and to call them again to reopen the matter. No explanation. It's a strategy to wear customers down, plain and simple. For us, it's almost $800 up in smoke. The real issue here is that there is no accountability. Expedia blames the situation on the airlines and the airlines blame the situation on Expedia. During 2020, we had other flights booked with airlines directly and those have been refunded/recredited with no problem, so I think that the Expedia reps are lying and the company has made the decision to let customers take the loss from cancelled flights. I have made more calls and tried the instant messaging service on Expedia more times than I can count, but I have communicated with this company at least 10-12 times to try and get some value for the packages I have booked on Expedia that were impacted by the coronavirus. Customer service there is unpleasant and unhelpful. Would recommend avoiding them and using other travel tools to make arrangements. Particularly with flights, Expedia will not help you if something goes wrong.

Jacob Bernardi ,

We had to cancel our flights because of COVID-19 causing travel complications. Not only would Expedia refuse to refund us any of the flight, but the only compensation they offered was in travel credit. We were eventually able to find a new flight to thankfully use the travel credit, so we gave them a call only to be put on hold for upwards of an hour. a new flight was eventually booked (at double the price listed on the airline's website) but come to find out the ticket the agent had "reserved" was never actually booked in the first place, leaving us stranded at the airport. Terrible service, and I will never be booking a single flight with them again.

marva layne Concord, ON

Expedia enabled booking of a cottage on their website that was not available for rent. The family with three children under 5 and an essential worker booked one week at the cottage only to find out by coincidence from the owner of the cottage that they told expedia to remove the cottage and they did nothing about instead continue to take bookings for the cottage. Expedia customer service was very bad, they keep hanging up on me everytime I called them to get a resolution. In addition, the owner said Expedia sent 3-4 or more families to the cottage and each time they were turned away. Expedia did not offer any compensation for disappointing the family. BE CAREFUL RENTING COTTAGES FROM EXPEDIA AS YOU MAY GET DISAPPOINTED JUST AS THIS FAMILY DID.

Mike Portland, OR

This is easily a 0 star company. I have used Expedia for years. Gold member actually. Never had to many issues, but since this Covid epidemic they seem to be doing nothing. Maybe their company is struggling and they are trying to steal from as many customers as they can that don't stick out with complaints. I booked a large Europe trip at the beginning of 2020. Over 5000 for 3 people for over a month. Covid hit later and the troubles began with this company. Granted I did get some refunds BUT, these are not the hard labor result of Expedia. This was due to the original company's canceling flights, shutting down hotels or allowing people to reschedule their trip, a pretty ethical solution. For example, my hotel in London noted that since the ban on Americans occurred they cancelled all booking and gave out refunds, you could rebook and all rebookings came with a no charge booking change for further issues. Expedia may take credit for those results but don't be fooled, its 100% at the ethics of the hotel or flight company. I had 3 bookings where, after hours with a damn robot answering my questions I got an automated answer of sorry, not within the hotels policies to change or refund. Obviously in January those are normal bookings, the world has crumbled since, America in particular as well as the EU set a ban on Americans from entering the EU, still the EU has no say of the decision of a hotel I suppose. I have left multiple reviews on multiple sites including several complaints on BBB. I hope Expedia takes a hit financial as the free market should dictate crappy companies get crappy results. Somehow with a monstrous decline in travel all throughout the world, their stock fell to 45$ to currently today 84$. Either inflated or bailed out. I don't see how a company can add billions to their company in a few month with no a fraction of the business. Rich B, Barry D and some random guy buying them coffee, I hope you have a sincerely terrible year full of lawsuits, fines and a papercut.

Thi L ,

Due to COVID-19, I was unable to travel overseas due to travel ban restrictions. I booked a non-refundable accommodation back in 2019, the accommodation stay date was in June. Expedia claims they have their own policies and it states on their website that I am eligible for a full refund or voucher. I requested a full refund. I could not cancel due to the website glitch so I requested Expedia company to cancel on my behalf. I have attempted to contact the hotel myself but it has been closed since April and still are currently closed. The Expedia agents confirmed the company still currently has my money as the transaction to the hotel has not been processed (due to the hotel being closed). It’s been an ongoing 4 months of trying to get my full refund contacting via email and calls. They continuously delay and tell me to wait further and they will get back to me - this is a lie and again, I have to contact them to follow this up. Added photos of Expedia’s claims/policies for my current situation. But Expedia is unreliable and not credible. Do not book with this company.

Grace Bergenfield, NJ

You would think that they have their customers in mind during this worldwide pandemic. Nope! I had a coupon from my canceled April trip (due to covid). I used it to book a room but then later had to change the dates. I press the cancel button and choose the option 'I have to change the date' because I had to work around with the dates and type of rooms because I had to match the credit amount. After playing around with the options, I try to re-book, but I couldn't because my coupon was gone. I call and wait half an hour to finally speak to someone. They tell me once you hit the cancel button, you forfeit your coupon. I ask nicely to give me back the coupon. "There's no way we can reinstate it in our system". I ask nicely to then give me expedia credit. "The system doesn't allow me to give you credit" I beg them, tell them I can't afford to lose $545. They don't care. Make sure never to cancel a coupon because you can only use it once people!

Aslihan Demirkaya Moraga, CA

I am an Expedia customer for the last 15 years. I bought two way tickets 5 months ago and paid $1,499 and because of COVID 19, the return was was cancelled. I did not reach Expedia for 2 months but I got an email saying that I would get the refund! I called them today, waited for 1 hour, couldn't reach anyone. Then I contacted a real agent online and he told me that I got $0 as a refund! I am very upset that Expedia turned to be a scam company and did not care about their customers. Then why should I ever use Expedia again? You give "silver", "golden" names to your customers but the only thing you care is the money. This is not how the business is done! I will let everyone around me know how Expedia stole half of my money. They owe me $750 and they don't pay back and they don't care! Thank you Expedia! You lost me and you will loose tons of customers!

J. G. Raleigh, NC

I would not recommend using Expedia to purchase airline tickets. Purchase directly from the airline company. I purchased round trip business class KLM airline tickets through Expedia to Europe in March 2020. I was notified by Delta (KLM partner) that my return KLM flights were cancelled the day before my departure due to the Coronavirus pandemic. Delta stated that they were trying to re-book my flights. They were unsuccessful. I attempted to contact Expedia for assistance in re-booking, but was put on hold for countless hours. I ended up purchasing another set of flight(s) back to the U.S. KLM has agreed to refund me the return ticket prices, but has informed me that I must do this through Expedia. Expedia refuses to refund the ticket price and will only offer vouchers for the cancelled flights. I have submitted a complaint against Expedia to the Department of Transportation and a dispute through my credit card company. This is the worst service that I have ever encountered. I have been put on hold on the telephone for as long as 7 hours only to be disconnected.

RUTH CHI Yakima, WA

NO star! 0 star! Why isn’t it an option? Not only they didn’t help When I try to cancel because of COVID, They even said it’s SAFE to travel! So we end up going, because they don’t want u to cancel. While my husband and I were in Europe with COVID-19 and its out 10th wedding anniversary. Will in Prague everything was closed due to COVID-19, we tried to get home, but calling Expedia is impossible, the wait time is more then an hour and they cut u off, try the online chatting, they booked us even later flight. on top of that They tried to mark up the ticket price. at a moment of crisis they Still try to make $$$ off from you. Just when you are ready to click purchase, wait no seat, now it’s bauble the price! Oh other thing, Pls DO NOT BUY their insurance, cause you think I got myself perfected. Nope they used AIG Travel Guard But somehow AIG then pass u off to AON, which is the worst insurance company. Time like this, I believe ppl should have the compassion and try to help people getting back home not to make more money. And also because all the Europe countries is shutting down. With the insurance no luck getting your money back, they just pass u off on to another insurance company. Expedia and AIG and AON should be ashamed of themselves, while other doctors are on the line trying to save people, these big company is trying to squeeze more money from you.

jlindenschmidt Denver, CO

Had to cancel flights due to the Covid crisis. Could not get through to them to cancel. Finally had to cancel through the airline and we were supposed to get a refund. That never arrived so I tried for days and finally got through to Expedia. After 2 hours on the phone she said I could rebook but I had to call them to do so. Since it's impossible to get anyone on the line there I asked her to wait while I looked up flights. She put me on hold and never came back. I finally had to call United (the airline) and they agreed to help me and rebook. NEVER use Expedia. They may be ok to shop on but always book through the airline or hotel directly.

Dean Manhattan Beach, CA

Expedia is the worst! Booked flights and paid extra $$$ for single baggage pre-check in, seat upgrade and travel insurance benefits only to find out that the "ticketed price" did not include anything that we paid for as indicated on Expedia's poorly designed web site. Called the barely-english-speaking Rep at Expedia (after waiting for 1 hour and 35 minutes) to clarify and/or cancel the trip. We were told that we are responsible for calling each of the airlines for our multi-distination reservations to cancel. Don't understand the Expedia "value" that we're paying for. I will NEVER use Expedia again. They are a scam, just like all of the other travel web sites. Call each of the airlines and got the same price offered by Expedia, and one of them was actually cheaper. Don't use travel web sites! They are the new "time share scam" of the travel industry. Buyer beware, especially the senior citizens.

T H Vancouver, BC

What is up with the people that answers the calls at Expedia?? Expedia used to be good and now they have weird and awkward reps that answer the calls. Booked an all inclusive package and needed more information about my booking and I get connected to the all inclusive vacation line, and this man basically turned every inquiry that I made into what shouldn't have been so complicated. How many different ways do I need to word: how many beds are included in the hotel room I booked? He seemed appalled and shocked and confused by this question. His attitude made it seem like it was a burden to answer any of my questions and almost as if he was doing ME a favor by answering. WELL MY APOLOGIES EXPEDIA! Sorry to hassle you by giving you money to use your service. I am now considering cancelling this package as I am utterly disgusted by how Expedia treats their customers. WOULD NEVER BOOK AGAIN AND DEFINITELY SPREADING THE WORD SO THAT NOBODY BOOKS WITH THIS AWFUL COMPANY AGAIN!

Abigail Cole Milton, FL

We booked our trip to Paris through Expedia and prepaid for the Paris shuttle to pick us up at the airport. We called multiple times and just got a recording. I sent an email with no response. We finally took a cab to our hotel. 4hrs later I get a response email from the shuttle co asking if we are still at the hotel. I contacted Expedia requesting a refund and submitted the email from the shuttle co They only approved a partial refund. This is so disappointing as I have traveled through them for years domestically. This was my first international trip and I will never use them again!

Patrick Callicotte Columbus, OH

I was stranded for over 2 hours and Expedia doesn't care. I just talked to Expedia corporate and they told me that Hertz's response was an adequate resolution to this situation: On Dec 27, I flew to Tampa, Florida to then drive to Clearwater to visit a sick family member. After taking a cab to the Hertz location at 6037 N Dale Mabry Hwy, I arrived at 7:30am. I was told that even though I had booked a rental car well in advance through Expedia, and that my reservation was confirmed by Hertz, they had zero cars available. They let me know that they had no clue when they would get more rental cars and that my options were to wait at the rental facility or leave my contact and credit card information for them to call me when a car became available. Because I had no where to go, I had to wait at the facility. I sat in that rental facility, unsure that I would get a car at all and horrified that I was unable to get to my sick family member, where the only bathroom was for "staff only," for over 2 hours before being told that cars were on their way. When a car for me finally arrived, I was shocked to see the employee driving the car was smoking a cigarette as she got out of the car. Once my car was cleaned and fueled, I entered the car and was immediately hit with an extremely potent smell of cigarette smoke. When I brought it up to the employee, she pointed out the fact that it was the only car available and that if I didn't want it, they would give it to the next customers waiting. I left in the disgusting car at 9:50am. To make all of this worse, I was on the phone with Expedia customer service for 1 hour 45 minutes. During this time I was hung up on twice as employees tried to transfer me to supervisors. When I finally talked to a supervisor (after finally getting my car) their response was that they were sorry and they asked if there was any other issues I could help with. I just talked to Expedia corporate and they told me that Hertz's response was an adequate resolution to this situation. I have always booked my travels through Expedia and I am so disappointed in the response of their customer service.

Jonathanb

Here is a pro tip about saving time and money: Never order tickets, or anything, with Expedia.com I booked a flight with them. They misspelled my surname by changing the place of two letters. I called... and called again. Two weeks, four phone calls, four departments and 6.5 hours later (in total), the name on the tickets has yet to be changed. They are after my money, you see. The flight cost 900+ dollars. If they can convince me to cancel and re-book the flight, then they would only refund 300 dollars. Brilliant eh? I have spoken with Helen, Ashley, Alex, Andy, Elton, Maria, Reggie, Paulo and Elsa (most of them 'senior representatives' or 'managers'), from whom I got no less than four different 'case numbers' and countless false promises. They also never call you back, though they promise to every single time at the end of each conversation. All I ever got from you were excuses, and blaming Swiss airlines for your own poor service. SHAME ON YOU EXPEDIA! You did not just lose a single customer - you lost every single person I will ever speak with about online ordering of flights, hotels and car rentals. BEWARE OF EXPEDIA!! If this is what I had to go through at home, just imagine how awful if you are stuck at an airport. Never again. By the way, I have all 6.5 hours recorded. It is like slow torture. Worse than watching politicians on TV.

benr Charleston, SC

I ordered 3 separate cabins through expedia and was supposed to get $1000 onboard credit and free drinks while on the cruise. The promotions showed available and highlighted throughout the ordering process in November. Right before the cruise I contacted them to confirm a few details and was given the run around before speaking with a manager on the situation. They advised I do not choose the correct package even though their sales screen highlights the specials given they are not always valid. Norwegian was offering the same package with the credit and the drinks for essentially the same price but I had difficulty ordering 3 rooms through them which is why I used expedia.

Charles Mallow Rochester, NY

on't book cruises with Expedia. They make offers for onboard credit just like the cruise companies do but, unlike the other companies they hide forms in the small print that you have to complete so, that you don't get your credit. If I would have booked my cruise directly with the cruise company I would have received the credit. Instead Expedia pocketed my money. The topic of conversation on the shuttle back was how none of us got our onboard credit from Expedia. in one van there was 3 couples who were swindled, can you imagine how many people Expedia takes advantage of in a day? Dirty company!! Beware!!!!

LHawlish Riverside, CA

I could not be more disappointed in Expedia and their booking process, as well as their customer service department and their refund department. I have been a customer of Expedia for at least 10 years now. I have had my fair share of minor booking issues with them, however it never hit me in the pocket, and I overlooked Expedia's shortcomings, due to their convenience and reputation. NEVER AGAIN. I will never, ever use Expedia EVER AGAIN. Not only did the website completely screw up on a hotel reservation of mine, but after hours of utterly frustrating time spent on the phone with their very incompetent (oversees) staff, my issue and more importantly my REFUND was never resolved. Even after I was assured that I would receive a refund, it never came and was eventually denied. Their reasoning??? They stated that I was never promised a refund! Even though they have recorded calls, they LIED to me and stated that the audio recording (of at least 60 mins) did not reflect a promise of refund. A flat-out, blatant lie. What kind of customer service is this?? Not only will I never use this company again, I will make sure that everyone I encounter knows how terrible this company is and I will insist (and better yet, convince) that they never use this company again, either. Plus, I am going to post this review on every single format I can find. Take that!

Francis Springfield, OR

God help you if you ever have to deal with Expedia's customer service. We booked a rather complicated flight plan across three airlines. Looked it over before submitting and it all looked good. So we submitted. Got our confirmation via email and noticed that one of the first names had an extra letter in it. So this name no longer matches exactly to the passport. Immediately used the Expedia name correction feature, with a photo of passport. This was submitted. Next email post says Air Canada will not make the correction - contact Air Canada. We do, Air Canada says Expedia needs to send the correct info for them to make the correction. We call Expedia Customer Service, which seemed to be an overseas call center. The only thing this call center seemed interested in was up selling us to bundle extra stuff to the trip such as Car Rental, Hotels,... etc. And they constantly re-directed away from the central issue of the Name Correction and when we do finally corner them, they say that this request can not be processed at this time. And that we should again call Air Canada. Air Canada again says that only Expedia can originate a name correction, as Expedia is the Booking Agent Many, many phone calls later to Expedia Customer Service, our options seem to change for the worst everytime we call: Each call lasting nearly an hour, each call ending with, "We can not complete the name correction at this time. please call back later." After two weeks of almost daily calls to ECS, and each time having them snip away at any sort of reasonable solution, the only option Expedia was willing to entertain was for us to sacrifice the entire airfare for the passenger that needed the name correction. This is a sum of $1755, and to rebook an entire new flight plan for that person: No credits, no refund. We are, 76 days from the schedualed flight. So we have filed a case with the USA Aviation Consumer Protection Division of DOT. And at least one airline, United, has got back to us, immediately, and said that they would work to help resolve this in any way that they could. For us, it is useless to call Expedia any more. We think that this Customer Service call center, even at the supervisior level, doesn't have direct access to the Expedia Airline Booking System, cause over multiple occassions they end every conversation, even after an hour or two on the phone, with "We are unable to make that change at this time." We don't think that they can make any changes aside from adding other bookings like hotels and car rentals and such. So it isn't really a Customer Service that is being offered.

Zsofia Lazarte

My experience was ok, the person helping us book experiences at our hotel was helpful and knowledgeable but the experiences turned out to be a little disappointing since we expected something different.

Steve Walker

Easy to navigate and excellent updates. Give passenger flight rating. Complete reporting of the endless "extra" charges that come with today's carriers.

ken hedrick

Expedia is easy to use and has great prices. I particularly like their combo pricing for flight and hotel. Even with the combo, still have flexibility on choices.

Marco

The website is easy to use and well design. They always have daily deals available. You can find a flight, rent a hotel and even rent a car all in the same website.

Laura Howard

The website is easy to use. The choices are excellent. Never any issues once bookings were made. Great value for money. Easy to bundle and do package deals.

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

I have had pretty decent experiences using Expedia. My wife goes to Puerto Rico every year to visit her children and sometimes we use Expedia to plan her trip. We usually determine which service to use by who has the cheapest price, and sometimes that is Expedia. Their website is easy to navigate and use, and planning a trip is really easy.

Donna McCauley Smith Louisville, KY

I booked a bundle trip with Expedia for resort and flight. I seen that the trip was non refundable which was fine. The next day after booking I received a welcome e-mail from the resort thanking me for booking a trip to their resort. ( Shores of Panama by Resort Collection”) In the e-mail they noted an exorbitant number of fees, cleaning, a fee to use pool and access fee to beach, breakage fee…etc. This was not disclosed when I booked the bundle package. I have tried to dispute these charges with Expedia and the Resort. I was fine with paying the $160.00 fee that was noted on the Expedia site to the resort but the additiomal fees were not disclosed until the e-mail arrived. I have wasted hours on the phone with the resort ( who noted that I had to talk to Expedia ) and then hours on the phone with Expedia. All I got was a $234.00 credit on my charge card of the $618.13 original charge. I'm a honest person and I expect everyone to be honest. I will never book with Expedia again. My sister is a Gold member and she is also thinking of dissolving her account as she was going with me on this trip and has never experienced any issues with previous trips but after she has seen all what I have gone through she is very disappointment and will not book with Expedia anymore either. Take the time to ready the reviews on the resort under the Expedia page…Very dissatisfied customers

Gerard Turk

All, I have been very disappointed with the customer service of Expedia. I tried to change my holiday flight for the 11th of August to the 4th of August due to a unexpected business trip. The first disappointment was that it took a long time to actually change the flight. Every time they need to "check something" or "bring up the details" you are put on hold for 5 minutes. Even as simple as bringing up the booking details or other flights. This results in that every phone call will take at least 30 minutes to get anything done. In the current age, this is not good enough as general internet users can do it in less than 30 seconds from each request. After half an hour of this, I was told that to change my flight would costs about £280 (£200 fee + £80 for change in flight fair). I was okay with this but I needed to asked approval from my manager so I hung up the phone. Second disappointment, the next day when I got the approval I rang them back to book the change. After the standard 30 minutes, I got told that it would costs £890 instead of the £280. As you can imagine, I was very very surprised by this especially when a new flight would cost £750. After speaking to the manager for about an hour, he told me I got lucky because the "airline just released a seat on the flight for £280"! Lucky me! If only I knew... So I booked the change in flight and the manager told me that the original credit card would be charged with the costs. Good. I checked a few days later and the booked was changed. I requested a booking confirmation as well just to make sure. I even checked with the airline whether they had the booking. Yes, we were all good, ready to go! Third disappointing (major one), came on the train on the way to the airport. The night before, after my bedtime, they've sent me an email that the change of flight was cancelled and I got back my original flight for the 11th! This was < 3 hrs for departure. Due to the reception on the train I tried to ring them but couldn't complete any of the phone calls due to the length of the calls (5 min for each on hold period). I asked my wife to take over as she could call them through a landline. She manage to get a shower during an on hold period and still be on time to answer them on time. (Complete phone call lasted 75 minute to change a flight!) Less than an hour before boarding she managed to have them change the flight (£550) however the ticket was not issued yet. Meanwhile as a desperate move because I had to get a flight, I booked another flight through my work because I could see this happening. Fourth disappointment, my wife tried to get some money back originally and they could give me £70. There I was with in total £2100 spent on a flight which originally costs £680. During holiday, they were prepared to return a "generous" £780 pounds because the customer service guy listened to my conversation and I supposed to not have booked the flight (even though I got the confirmation...? No sense!) All in all not a good experience and a lot of money lost for nothing. Thank you Expedia, Gerard

Nika Malikova Des Plaines, IL

Awful customer service!!! Agents are not enough knowledgeable to give proper information to customers.

Dave Spokane, WA

Expedia is my go-to site for comparison shopping for hotels and rental cars. It gives a great list of options and is easy to navigate. I don't book through Expedia anymore as I think it's easier to do cancellations if you've booked directly through the hotel or rental car company.

Wilkshake Lehi, UT

I have used Expedia 3 times to secure hotel accommodations in California and Florida. I really appreciated having cost and comparison info as these were first time visits. There was not a charge and The reservations were made quickly and easily.